Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:55:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you borrow in cryptocurrency?  (Read 42370 times)
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 01:37:55 PM

I am interested in opinions about borrowing in cryptocurrency.
If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?
Basically, digital currencies must be able to accommodate all the needs related to currencies similar to those currently available with FIAT. for me digital currencies can facilitate all these things, volatility is indeed a problem, but when in the future I am very optimistic that there will be a significant change so that the price of the digital currency can be far controlled and has a high level of stability.
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 06:59:31 PM

If a cryptocurrency will have low price volatility, then would you borrow in that token?

If not please tell why?

To be frank I will never try this. Yes cryptocurrency is still involving and might reach a stage where one can be able to borrow, but as it stands now and with the volatile nature of cryptocurrency borrowing in cryptocurrency is a bad idea as it is too risky.

dawai asmara

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 07:06:41 PM

If not please tell why?
if it's possible that we will benefit from borrowing tokens, I think I feel that borrowing is not a bad thing.
but remember the risk is too big so that before deciding to borrow I suggest that you really need to be sure and analyze it carefully.
but if I personally might not do it.
blokklanc

Activity: 226
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2019, 11:58:07 PM

I do not like to borrow as interest is always involved whit that. Especially would not borrow in
crypto as it is highly volatile. If I would have to borrow I see only stable coins as an option for doing so.

▄ ◤ HyFi ◥ ▄
▐░ DeFi & CeDeFi Marketplaces ░▌ (https://hyfi-corp.com)
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 12:00:10 AM

no, it's very risky if we borrow nominal crypto. because for example we borrow in nominal ether, with the current price of $ 200, then in the next few months etherum prices rise to $ 500, then we lose. if we want to borrow, borrow it using the nominal calculation of fiat, not the crypto currency.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
criptAndroya

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 10:56:14 AM

from the last few posts, it is clear that it is not only about buying cryptocurrency for credit money, but also about taking cryptocurrency on credit, i.e. a game for sale, so it can be even more risky if the crypt jerks up, then it can never do not return to these prices

jazmuzika217

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:14:53 AM

This is so complex topic. Trust would be a major part of this game. Lending companies should took a deep dive to study about this topic. It would be a great deal for some people. But then again you have to pay for interest. Thats the worst part of loan agreement. For the company whos willing to do it, it will be so much hard. As i said trust would be a major part of the game. But if it is possible, i would love to try it.
TKarollah

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

“A nexgen decentralized ride hailing ”

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:36:23 AM

from the last few posts, it is clear that it is not only about buying cryptocurrency for credit money, but also about taking cryptocurrency on credit, i.e. a game for sale, so it can be even more risky if the crypt jerks up, then it can never do not return to these prices
yes because the price can change at any time so the loan time and when you return can be different prices so the risk will be greater.
Cryptocurrency is not permanent so that the movement is fast and can rise quickly and can also be slow, we must monitor it frequently so we know the right time for us to do any activity.

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     IEO-Live: April 2019
██ NEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
HK88

Activity: 193
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:41:44 AM

until now I have never borrowed cryptoqurrency for other purposes, maybe next time I will try it if my situation has been very pressed. but many say that borrowing cryptoqurrency is very high risk such as price discounts and interest for them.
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 12:32:02 PM

until now I have never borrowed cryptoqurrency for other purposes, maybe next time I will try it if my situation has been very pressed. but many say that borrowing cryptoqurrency is very high risk such as price discounts and interest for them.
better as much as possible don't borrow because the risk is big and it's better to survive even if that's enough.
market movements can change at any time so that is not true.
I have never borrowed it, but I see the talk of others and many say the risk is big and maybe yes, because when we borrow the price is not right when we return it, the market does not always grow well so be alert.

FlamingFingers

Activity: 1330
Merit: 288

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 12:54:35 PM

My candid advice to you will be not to borrow money to invest in cryptocurrency,  it's so risky in borrowing money to invest because it's not certain,  the market fluctuate,  it might go either way  after investing in it

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 01:03:00 PM

If not please tell why?
You need to be aware of the kind of risk you are taking on. I would never recommend borrowing in any currency that you don't get paid in. If you borrow in Dollars and get paid in Yen you could end up owing more than you can afford to pay back if the Dollar goes up against the Yen. With Cryptocurrency being so volatile this would be magnified. Imagine if you borrowed ETH to buy a Ford Fiesta. Now ETH goes up by 10 times its current value. Congratulations you are paying the cost of a Lambo for your Ford.

rachellee

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 01:14:02 PM

Given a chance and the option, yes, I prefer borrowing in crypto. Who knows, the value of what I borrowed my double up or even triple up, so that's clear profit. It's risky, yes, but compared to the possible gain associated with that risk, it's worth it, as we can see with the maneuver of luck in crypto nowadays.
Lekan

Activity: 109
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 01:41:17 PM

Investing in the crypto world requires risk takers cos of its volatility , borrowing at the other ends requires real risk-takers cos of the market and since I don't have such courage I can't borrow and I don't think I can advice someone close to me borrow too .... Tho what u borrow may make more than 40% profit or more within a fortnight and the vice versa may also occur too so I think its for risk-takers as I earlier mention
kriptomak

Activity: 546
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 07:00:07 PM

Given a chance and the option, yes, I prefer borrowing in crypto. Who knows, the value of what I borrowed my double up or even triple up, so that's clear profit. It's risky, yes, but compared to the possible gain associated with that risk, it's worth it, as we can see with the maneuver of luck in crypto nowadays.
the risk of investing in cryptocurrency is very high, and working on borrowed money, you also increase it, but on the other hand, the possible potential gain that would be impossible without it increases

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:03:26 PM

It is not easy to take a loan in cryptocurrency platforms and I am looking for more conventional options. First of all, collateral is required for taking a loan and it doesn't worth to give something valuable for taking a small amount of BTC.
nightl

Activity: 686

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:26:54 PM

taking loans is not for me at all.
I think we need to manage our own money without borrowing from anyone, especially in cryptocurrency
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:45:13 PM

If not please tell why?
I think we can do that and many coins and tokens are into lending and many investors and traders are borrowing to invest.  The only thing that I think we actually needs in cryptocurrencies market now is stability.  If this markets is stable there is no way we are not going to used it for so many things.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 09:43:02 PM

If not please tell why?
Volatility is one of the features of cyrptocurrency, i will borrow with crypto has it being it's not highly volatile, i don't have any other reason why i can't borrow with it asides the volatility issue.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
endogan

Activity: 415

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 09:50:12 PM

taking loans is not for me at all.
I think we need to manage our own money without borrowing from anyone, especially in cryptocurrency
it's better to manage your own money if you have capital, if you think you don't have money, you have to join the Bounty program, but it requires patience and requires a long process so you have to be patient.
You can do anything and you can choose according to your abilities, so you don't have to borrow money at Crypto because you will have a big risk.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: