Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IEOS are no different from ICO tricks; just an upgrade  (Read 11666 times)
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 07:58:01 PM

I would say that today IEO doesn’t really bring anything new in it, I think it’s best to create some kind of barriers for developers who attract investment in cryptocurrency projects. This is probably the easiest thing to do.
The IEO brought new features, fortunately. If you can analyze the market situations then the differences will be clear in front of your eyes. Attracting new investors is the job of bounty teams, so let them think about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1260
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2019, 08:02:52 PM

ieos are totaly scam,

exchanges are tellıng that they sold all tokens ın 5 mıns but they never sell, they sell that tokens from open market after 2 days and people buy that tokens 2-3x hıher price because everybody thinks that ico finished in 5 mins, binance started that scam method and other exchanges follow it
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2019, 08:15:35 PM

I am going to agree with you to some extent but not to the fullest because ICO cannot totally be compared with IEO.

Unlike ICO, IEO is referred to as initial exchange offering, whereby exchanges that has gained name already carry out crowd funding for companies instead of them carrying out themselves in the form of ICO, the good thing about this is that this exchanges have built trust with investors over time and would not want to lose that trust for any reason whatsoever, so the make sure all projects pass through KYC process.

Still it is a crowd funding so it is has the same goal but as said as OP it is an upgrade.  Though IEO had been practiced in the early years but in different name.  There are several tokens that conduct their crowdfunding in an exchange way back years ago so this IEO method is not new to the industry, just the name to make a new hype I guess which somehow successful for the first projects.  Let us see if the following IEO will be as successful as the first one.
Falgorn

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:12:58 AM

For a more or less reliable verification of the team that wants to issue its new tokens, the administration of the exchanges should examine the original documents of this team and have the authority to check them in more depth. Such powers exchanges do not have. This check can only be done by law enforcement agencies of states. Therefore, I think that in the near future we will face scandals with fraudulent IEO already on the exchanges. In any case, the exchanges will be able to accept no more than a tenth of the submitted projects and the rest will be forced to collect funds in the ICO format.
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 04:45:55 AM

I think IOCs is just the new form of ICO. It comes at a time when the market of ICOs is on the verge of collapse. So it definitely aims to retain the market of ICO. It aims to provide more investment security, thus attracting more investors. Offering coins on exchanges can give much assurance that the project will definitely list on exchanges in coming days. As a result, investors are much eager to participate in it.

studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 05:04:36 AM

Not much difference but IEOs does get an advantage of guaranteed listing by the exchange that is hosting the IEO. Plus they save lots by not running a bounty campaign.

BINTEX

Powered by,
andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 05:46:49 AM

IEO is only good for me in the short term because when everyone has got coins from the IEO and the market is available they will definitely sell their coins immediately to make a profit.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 06:05:17 AM

Not much difference but IEOs does get an advantage of guaranteed listing by the exchange that is hosting the IEO. Plus they save lots by not running a bounty campaign.

A really good advantage for the project. With IEO, they are just promoting the project via social media channels at a very short period of time. Unlike ICOs, most of them undergo the backbreaking bounty programs that run for months and months, and when they haven't reached their financial targets, they will extend their ICO to the point where participants are already tired of doing their tasks.

But as we are starting to observe , most of the buyers of these IEO tokens or coins are just for short-term profit. Hoping that they will get a good sum of money afterwards. So in the end, it is just like ICO with faster turn around. The price still decline once the trading starts to move in that exchange.
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 07:02:20 AM

IEO(Initial Exchange Oferring) have some advantages ahead of ICO(Initial Coin Offering) which makes it more preferred in this time. an example is the assurance of listing on the exchange immediately after the sale is over which dosent happen for an ICO project.  also it gives just limited number of people the chance to participate which breeds scarcity and make people want to buy the token when they list it. its more a quick way to make profit for anyone that is able to buy during the IEO.
ali115112

Activity: 1806
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:16:48 AM

As you know most of ICO's are scams and little are trusted and investors are not investing in ICO's and IEO is new form of ICO's and investor feeling secure their investment in IEO.

══════════════☛Digicom Finance☚═════════════
A Digital Commerce
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:36:28 AM

ICO's are not getting success and IEO,s are getting success because launching by exchanges and this is true when token or coin launched than price is pump by investors and after that goes down and various investor suffer loss.

liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 08:57:05 AM

In ICO, one set of people only will make the money but the in IEO launch people will be invest on coins as well as forced to sell the tokens when the coins have been listed after the tokens has been started trading there.
Usually IEO use to give the pairs for their native coins so circulation for the exchange's coins will grow more.
Please do research about the project and then invest on the ICO or IEO.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:14:47 AM

ieos are totaly scam,

exchanges are tellıng that they sold all tokens ın 5 mıns but they never sell, they sell that tokens from open market after 2 days and people buy that tokens 2-3x hıher price because everybody thinks that ico finished in 5 mins, binance started that scam method and other exchanges follow it
On the contrary it can be sold in a few minutes, but to whom? Even when the sales countdown started, I saw 4 people getting it in the first second. Probably Binance wants to make a profit from trade too.
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 09:57:46 AM

You are kind of right about this, IEOs are just an upgrade on ICOs. And they reason people prefer them is because they are less prone to scam unlike ICOs. I have also noticed that projects that launch their IEO on big exchanges tend to raise enough money and do well than projects on other exchanges. And this is because of the large volumes on these big exchanges.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:29:56 AM

I would say that today IEO doesn’t really bring anything new in it, I think it’s best to create some kind of barriers for developers who attract investment in cryptocurrency projects. This is probably the easiest thing to do.

I think the IEO has brought some new things to the market. After a gloomy year, IEO has made the market active again, Bitcoin prices rose to $ 5k3 and some altcoin has doubled or tripled this year.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:35:41 AM

IEO is only good for me in the short term because when everyone has got coins from the IEO and the market is available they will definitely sell their coins immediately to make a profit.
That's the intentions of those opportunistic traders, they are just buying to make a good cut of the profits that they can possibly get from this new system for investment, IEO's became so popular as binance cater the service assuring that after the sale period the coin will automatically or guarantee to be listed inside the exchange giving the chance for early investors to sell it out right away.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 10:57:52 AM

For sure it is just an upgrade, it is not a revolution or something else. It is the same ICO model, but with a guarantee that those tokens are going to be listed on this exchange. Thats why they are so popular at the moment.
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:07:16 AM

The main reason why IEO is better than the ICO is that the token after sales is guaranteed to be listed on the exchange in the near future. After all, this is the main event that any cryptoinvestor awaits after sales. That is why IEO is much better than ICO, and is so popular now.
take_off

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 11:09:54 AM

For sure it is just an upgrade, it is not a revolution or something else. It is the same ICO model, but with a guarantee that those tokens are going to be listed on this exchange. Thats why they are so popular at the moment.

In addition, I have seen Binance sell IEO since 2017, but by the beginning of this year when they sold their exchange tokens, they created fomo when all other exchanges followed suit, making many people show now fomo into the IEO
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 21, 2019, 12:33:00 PM

Well from my experience that I have gotten in the crypto space, I don't think it's worth investing in any ICO anymore because the more I see an ICO project as a very good buy, it end up turning out to be something else and I don't think I would ever invest in ICO anymore or even advise anyone to invest in ICO because it would always turn out to be something else, I think you should rather study about IEO or better still STO.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: