Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:31:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Function X - The Future is Blockchain Internet  (Read 5374 times)
indrawinrt (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:46:38 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:38:59 PM by mprep

Zac Cheah (CEO and Co-founder) and Pitt Huang (CTO and Co-founder) from Pundi X share with us what Function X is all about, our motivation behind creating it, and how it will power this new era of the decentralized world.
The 5 key components of Function X are:
- Function X Blockchain
- Function X OS
- FXTP (Transmission protocol)
- IPFX (Decentralized file storage system)
- Function X Docker
https://youtu.be/z-EfzJXkJAw
More details added to help community to know more about Function X.

What is f(x) chain?
f(x) chain is a high performance and secure public blockchain. High speed is achieved via both software and hardware implementation (XPOS, XPhone, etc.). More information on the f(x) public blockchain is available in other sections.

What is the f(x) Operating System?

The f(x) Operating System (OS) is an Android-modified blockchain-enabled operating system. Users can switch seamlessly between blockchain and traditional mode. In the blockchain mode, every bit and byte can be fully decentralized including calls, browsers, data storages and text messages. DApps are also housed in the f(x) OS (we will create a strong DApps ecosystem by allowing easy porting of current mobile apps; more on that in the following sections). In regular mode, it supports all Android features including Android apps. More information on the f(x) Operating System is available in the next section.

What is f(x) FXTP?
FXTP is the Function X transmission protocol. As the name suggests, it is a fully decentralized transmission protocol, similar to HTTP. It will allow total decentralization and P2P transmission of data in a distributed network. More information on FXTP is available in the f(x) FXTP subsection.

What is f(x) decentralized docker?
Decentralized docker, i.e. DDocker, is an open platform for developers to build, ship and run distributed applications. More information on the f(x) decentralized docker is available in the f(x) DDocker subsection.

What is f(x) IPFS?
InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a protocol and network designed to store data in a distributed system. More information is available in the f(x) IPFS subsection.

This blockchain phone looks just like razer phone which was bought by razer from some chinese company...

The new XPhone (which introduced as BOB "Blok on Blok") has customizable design and each unit of BOB will come with a MOD Assembly Kit, which means that user will build their your own unit, and be able to customize how their BOB looks. You will have complete control over not only your data but also your phone’s look.

More info in here: https://medium.com/functionx/getting-ready-for-the-world-the-first-fully-blockchain-powered-phone-96f1d656bb69

This one is the first new design.
https://i.imgur.com/8zIHrBu.jpg

Yes, and more designers submitted their designs for BOB.

Link to Zac's tweet: https://twitter.com/zibin/status/1160837159445651457

BOB details can be found in here: https://functionx.io/#/bob

Pre-Order is coming soon!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amazu

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 04:32:31 AM

When the BOB launching? And how to earn extra stake here?
metalbean

Activity: 448
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 04:43:30 AM

When the BOB launching? And how to earn extra stake here?

There will be pre-orders for BOB via Kickstarter and XWallet soon. More details on the timeline will be announced very soon.

And for stake, please refer to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5166702.new#new

Hope it helps.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 04:55:57 AM

Glad to see we have this thread already, all we want to know about the project is available here.
I am a holder of PundiX and I might consider staking my NPXS for Function X, but right now I'm in the process of accumulating more so I will enjoy a good staking reward based on the decent amount of PundiX I will stake.

Good luck to this project and to PundiX, hopefully this unstable market will end soon so we can see some great progress on value.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
indrawinrt (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 06:16:10 AM

Glad to see we have this thread already, all we want to know about the project is available here.
I am a holder of PundiX and I might consider staking my NPXS for Function X, but right now I'm in the process of accumulating more so I will enjoy a good staking reward based on the decent amount of PundiX I will stake.

Good luck to this project and to PundiX, hopefully this unstable market will end soon so we can see some great progress on value.

Thank you for your kind words and support.
Guide for staking (in case, someone needs detail information): https://medium.com/pundix/a-guide-to-staking-npxs-npxsxem-for-f-x-tokens-771b82266941
qwe9

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 06:20:43 AM

Resend the message?

I seem to have seen it before.
metalbean

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:23:29 AM

Yes, we should grab more coin before staking because the more coins we have the staking reward will be more. Meanwhile, we have to see updates from the company and what was their progress in order to get a reputable project in cryptocurrency space.

FX currently ranked 156 in Coinmarketcap and keep growing.
Link: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/function-x/
AlloM

Activity: 798
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:50:22 AM

I still have NPXS tokens so how to convert them into Fx token in official I didn't see any option to convert these into this one? Is that swap has been finished or new phase will take place?

The conversion of 90 days period has been closed, so now the only option we have in Xwallet is to stake the PundiX coin and start accumulating the F(x) coins. Otherwise, you can exchange your PundiX coin and start converting them to the F(x) coins.

I just update my Xwallet but there is no option to exchange or convert them into F(x) coins? Maybe I am missing something or not following the procedure correctly kindly give me link how to do this?
indrawinrt (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 07:53:26 AM

I still have NPXS tokens so how to convert them into Fx token in official I didn't see any option to convert these into this one? Is that swap has been finished or new phase will take place?

The conversion of 90 days period has been closed, so now the only option we have in Xwallet is to stake the PundiX coin and start accumulating the F(x) coins. Otherwise, you can exchange your PundiX coin and start converting them to the F(x) coins.

I just update my Xwallet but there is no option to exchange or convert them into F(x) coins? Maybe I am missing something or not following the procedure correctly kindly give me link how to do this?

Hi,
Token conversion has been ended (last day was July 14 2019). The only way to get FX token now is by staking / purchase the token on the exchange.

metalbean

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 08:06:12 AM

All the details can be found in Function X website
https://functionx.io/#/token
chinthaka93

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 08:15:26 AM

This will be a great revolution to the recent mobile phone technology that will lead to a great development in near future. Blockchain Internet will be the main development that will cause more impressive. good luck for the project
indrawinrt (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 08:49:56 AM

This will be a great revolution to the recent mobile phone technology that will lead to a great development in near future. Blockchain Internet will be the main development that will cause more impressive. good luck for the project

BOB gives user the freedom to put together a device that’s unique and the ability to change its form and design with different modification parts, accessories and stickers.
It is inline with the tagline "Create your own BOB. Own your design. Own your data."
Blue Stitch

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 09:36:54 AM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:40:56 PM by mprep

Function X! Aiming for X10!!

10X for speed
Visa can run 7,000–20,000 transactions-per-second (“TPS”). Any blockchain that offers small multiples of speed improvement is unlikely to displaced a tried-and-tested system like Visa. A 10X increase means 200,000 TPS has to be achieved for any company to revamp a legacy system into blockchain. There are several blockchains out there that are trying to do this; in fact, many claim a significant improvement. Many blockchains are claiming a 10X improvement over Visa, at least on paper.
If we launch a blockchain, we have to make sure we are comparable if not faster, at 10X it is at least 200,000 TPS, not just on paper, but in real application!

10X for scalability
Scalability in a restaurant means how fast can you serve your meals, the faster you can scale, the more business you can have. Therefore, companies like McDonald’s spend a lot of effort shortening the time between ordering and checkout to serve its customers. Scalability in blockchain is similar: it depends on the code (how fast can the burgers be flipped) and also nodes (how many cashiers can confirm the order). So whose code is the best? We will only know when proven. And what about nodes? The blockchain with the largest nodes will prevail.

With our plan to roll out 100,000 XPOS in three years, we will be able to scale up transaction numbers significantly as the number of XPOS devices increases.

X10 Consensus

A consensus process cannot always be in the select hands of a few. Of all the 100,000 XPOS we have in City of Z, we will randomly choose, say, 1% of the nodes: a set of random XPOS agree on the two-third consensus. Very importantly, the consensus process has to break geographic boundaries!

With a diverse area of large volume of nodes, it will create speed with real decentralization.
Hunnykaushal31

Activity: 92
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 10:19:43 AM

Function X is going to create decentralized ecosystem, I create video on it. Check it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiUYO6-wKIw

Here is 2nd video where i disucss about 5 Core components of function x project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dY_5BSe6sA
metalbean

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 10:27:10 AM

Function X is going to create decentralized ecosystem, I create video on it. Check it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiUYO6-wKIw

Here is 2nd video where i disucss about 5 Core components of function x project
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dY_5BSe6sA

It looks great!
fsn322

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 12:03:51 PM

My video-review about function x, after some time I plan to continue releasing videos dedicated to this project.
https://youtu.be/WlGW1jCr0uk
dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2019, 01:45:15 PM

Today I watching the video describes XPhone benefits and I was impressed. This is the most ever secured blockchain phone.
RodolfoNM

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 02:32:59 PM

Very excited waiting for the new revolution with Xphone, called using blockchain, the Xphone will change the perspective on the use of telephony
luksbit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 02:59:54 PM

Can XPhone be shipped to any country? In the case of fees customs, is it the buyer's responsibility?
seadk

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 16, 2019, 03:16:02 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2019, 11:41:51 PM by mprep

Can XPhone be shipped to any country? In the case of fees customs, is it the buyer's responsibility?

Custom should be buyer's responsibilty. Just like the usual phone and electronic devices

Today I watching the video describes XPhone benefits and I was impressed. This is the most ever secured blockchain phone.

One thing that I like the most is their custom design.
Looks like upgraded catphone
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: