Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:22:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Requirement for Bounty Managers before they require KYC to bounty hunters.  (Read 10186 times)
iyah adrian

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:23:27 PM

If you don't believe them (the project) you should not participate. Because most projects are now mandatory for KYC prizes. And KYC for bounty hunters is also to reduce cheating people who use multiple accounts in every bounty.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tosyn2

Activity: 566

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 05:35:53 PM

I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.
I also share your sentiment because I also do not but the idea to requiring kyc from bounty hunters before getting their bounty reward. Then back to main topic, bounty managers even need more than kyc, other verifications that can prove their integrity should also be demanded before being allowed to manage any bounty.
gunhell16

Activity: 1694
Merit: 476

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 06:44:32 PM

I think the bounty manager does the same KYC as the bounty hunters do, for them to have the payment on their work.
If the project team requires the KYC and then it will go through all of the participants, and to tell they are the same as the hunters.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 17, 2019, 07:02:56 PM

As a bounty hunter we can not ask KYC from the bounty manager and he is not bound to give us. Its totally depend on us whether to provide our KYC or not. Where KYC demanded we have no choice to give it otherwise we will loose our reward. Most of us are not happy to provide our docs that can be misused. We can only hope that our docs will not be misused. Ultimately you have to provide it if you want to receive your rewards.

Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 11:11:28 AM

you made a lot of sense in your post. Most of these projects are known scams. yet they requested for KYC which is certain that they will end up selling people information and claiming they failed to reach a successful hardcap when the aim of the whole project has been achieved which collecting people ID. Most Managers are not aware of this sudden change until it is made known to them.

IF I become a bounty manger which i am aspiring to be, any project that failed to request for KYC in the beginning of the bounty campaign will loose every bounty reports if they decided to request for KYC at the end of the bounty. i will cancel and trash every reports and also order participants to delete information about the project from their account.
bounty managers need to stick to their polices.
Jaggi90
Copper Member

Activity: 476
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 11:42:56 AM

KYC of bounty manager will ensure that at least the project is not scam. If they need KYC of bounty Hunter to ensure that no one become greedy , so before that , they should prove that they are not scammers.
btcmegastar

Activity: 700
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 12:02:52 PM

KYC of bounty manager will ensure that at least the project is not a scam. If they need KYC of bounty Hunter to ensure that no one becomes greedy, so before that, they should prove that they are not scammers.

You are right before collecting our documents they need to prove themselves they are very good company. We have seen many companies are becoming scam once after raising the money without any developments.
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:01:59 PM

I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

You are right, it is related to one's personal data and it is strongly recommended to read the rules before you continue the next step in a campaign and it all depends on how the inisation from a manager  to manage a project whether KYC is deemed necessary or not.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 03:07:20 PM

KYC should not be being asked for in the first place. They just average joes, not government officials and I don't know if you are aware of this but collecting KYC is a bussniss. The dump all that info on the darkweb for example (probably clear web too) then marketers or advertisers will buy that info.

Best case senary is your info is being sold or was just forgotten.

Worst case is someone steals your identity and you end up in jail. Or you ger murdered by a lunatic.

ONLY GIVE KYC TO GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS!!!

chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:19:40 PM

Nobody knows what happens behind the scenes and I believe that projects are communicating with bounty managers not only with help of telegram or BTT, but personally as well. Moreover, if team does not want to share rewards with all hunters, they just implement the KYC.
icekohl

Activity: 339

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2019, 03:27:43 PM

I'm not sure what BMC information we need to do. Because BM is also the only person hired to manage bounty, and the final decision is still from the project team. So I think we just need to check the team information.

daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:33:07 PM

I think KYC for bounty managers is also needed, because it is not only the bounty manager who is required to get to know bounty hunters by doing KYC, but bounty hunters also need to know who the bounty manager is by doing KYC, because it is very important for the integrity of the bounty manager

Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 09:16:13 PM

I have been into bounties for up to a year now and since then all the projects that required KYC are useless projects. Most of them just hide under the umbrella of compliance and in real sense they actually didn't register the project under any compliance agency. I don't see any reason why KYC should be required because most of the project are not under any compliance agency and in short they do not need KYC.
We all need to think like this because as much as I know after submission of KYC number of scamming cases has reduced and now in market scamming is almost finished. So asking KYC in market is only because of our own security. I am also happy to submit my account verifications as there is nothing bad in it.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 09:43:57 PM

If kyc is included in the rules then that's fair enough since you're already aware at the start so you have the time to decide if you want to join or not , otherwise this is one way of showing the  legitimacy of the project , even you are not an investor but you're part of the team.
Plecet Bank

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:24:09 PM

If the KYC is also applied to the Bounty manager I think it's a great idea. But as long as this is not the case and the project using KYC tends to be unsuccessful. For me actually submitting personal data is not a problem. As long as the project has good potential and has professional developers.

Zionatin

Activity: 906
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 05:32:49 PM

Noone should be asking you for your KYC in the first place. They don't use official KYC companies that will protect your data. YOu giving your KYC directly to the dev and thats a big no no.

Projects asking for KYC stay away from. Even ICO that want KYC is ridiculous.

If you ever have to give your KYC it will be to somewhere like localbitcoins. Localbitcoins has a proper KYC company that keeps peoples info safe. localbitcoins do not see the KYC only the KYC company. Only one pair of eyes ever see your info. Once you pass that is it. You done forever.
kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:37:02 PM

Mostly the Team project will go to known bounty managers, why they need to do KYC.
And, If the bounty managers did KYC! how do we know if they really did? only the team who manage the KYC knows that.
So what is the purpose? as kyc  documents cannot be post in public!
cliber

Activity: 672

umachit.fund

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:44:20 PM

In the 100% prize campaign project, 60% I found a gift campaign that requires bounty hunters to send KYC to get rewards. This number can be wrong.
For me, this is something unexpected for me as you mentioned. But I see from the side of the role and the task of the bounty hunter, so I just followed every rule needed during the campaign.

KuraJamban

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 06:49:51 PM

I think KYC for bounty managers is also needed, because it is not only the bounty manager who is required to get to know bounty hunters by doing KYC, but bounty hunters also need to know who the bounty manager is by doing KYC, because it is very important for the integrity of the bounty manager
Basically doing KYC for a bounty hunter is not needed moreover on Bounty manager. Seriously, the managers doing KYC for what??
But I'm sure that the only thing that they doing KYC is to kill all those multi-accounts abusers.

eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 09:30:40 PM

this is one reason why i don't want to share my KYC to untrusted bounty manager, ut if i know the person from bounty management services or bounty manager personal with positif feedback from bitcointalk member i don't worry anymore

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: