Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:58:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC Requirement for Bounty Managers before they require KYC to bounty hunters.  (Read 10186 times)
nyancash

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 09:34:46 PM

When we launch Nyancash next month, we have to follow all the regulations here in Canada. We have a trusted firm that will be handling our KYC info, so when FINTRAC needs any information, our compliance officer can work with the firm and the government to provide any information they need. We want to run a exchange, and Buy and Sell Bitcoin/Ethereum. We really don't want people's info and but we want to comply with all the rules, so we felt a third party is best to manage that information and keep it safe. They can take care of that, we can take care of providing dividends to token holders. www.nyancash.com
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 09:56:06 PM

this is one reason why i don't want to share my KYC to untrusted bounty manager, ut if i know the person from bounty management services or bounty manager personal with positif feedback from bitcointalk member i don't worry anymore

You should protect your private data and even sharing it with companies is risky because they can be hacked and leak it like Facebook did. Sharing it with some anonymous bounty managers on this forum is much worse and can lead to your data being sold on dark web markets. I'm sure you don't want that.

Even if the manager is trusted it doesn't mean anything. They get trust ratings because they pay up for their bounties. You won't know if they leaked your data until it's too late.
dimox
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:12:47 PM

if you dont trust about kyc, just dont do it. just follow bounty that dont require kyc.
kyc is useful for big company, they know and can do something if there some player cheat. and maybe it happen to bounty manager. not only company, but you need to know about bounty manager, it trusted or not.
ljane

Activity: 467
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:26:13 PM

This KYC issues have been raised here time without number and I don't think it's the only way to make projects successful. If investors are going through I don't think it's mandatory for a bounty hunter to do same. One thing I have seen concerning these KYC issues is that, they do it to make checks in their projects concerning people cheating.

I’m me
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:27:29 PM

Project asks KYC to avoid scammers who join bounties, and right if KYC can reduce scammers, if you ask bounty manager to do KYC means bounty manager is scammers Cheesy
arnoldrimmer

Activity: 358
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:40:12 PM

I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

Kyc is not a must, if you don't want to do KYC just stay away from projects that requires it and focuse on those that doesn't need it and as for Bounty Mangers undergoing KYC, I don't see it as necessary

► HackenAI ◄  ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦  ► HackenAI ◄
───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───●❀●───
Facebook◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Decimation

Activity: 244
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:42:05 PM

Project asks KYC to avoid scammers who join bounties, and right if KYC can reduce scammers, if you ask bounty manager to do KYC means bounty manager is scammers Cheesy

If you don't want to deal with KYC, don't deal with it. It's not like you are really missing out on much, there will always be the next 100 bounties you can join in on without it. All projects at this point are scams anyway, whether they intend to be or not, the glory days are long gone. Go spend time doing something productive, rather than dreaming you're valueless tokens will magically be worth gold.
bellaayu

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:30:41 PM

Many people say that charity personal data is very risky. But there are already many Bounty projects that use KYC and many participants who do KYC. But this project with KYC sometimes has a very weak developer. So many KYC projects can stop in the middle of the road.

alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:40:49 PM

If you feel uncomfortable with the Bounty Manager who tells you to do KYC, you just leave it and don't have to participate in the project.  Because KYC is done to avoid people who will cheat in the Bounty.  That is by participating in the Bounty campaign with many accounts, and it is very detrimental to other participants who are honest by participating in only one account.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2618
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 08:24:27 AM

this is one reason why i don't want to share my KYC to untrusted bounty manager, ut if i know the person from bounty management services or bounty manager personal with positif feedback from bitcointalk member i don't worry anymore

You should protect your private data and even sharing it with companies is risky because they can be hacked and leak it like Facebook did. Sharing it with some anonymous bounty managers on this forum is much worse and can lead to your data being sold on dark web markets. I'm sure you don't want that.
I don't support the act of bounty hunters going through KYC before they can get their token since the KYC/AML rules is only applicable applicable to investors.

Even if the manager is trusted it doesn't mean anything. They get trust ratings because they pay up for their bounties. You won't know if they leaked your data until it's too late.
Every bounty manager or default trust members have different reason why they were giving the green trust.

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2019, 06:19:28 PM

From my experience, in 90% of the time it is the ICO promoters who try to scam the bounty hunters. The bounty manager is a scapegoat in many cases. Unless the promoters give him the tokens, he can't distribute them to the bounty hunters. It is a double whammy for the campaign managers. First his effort goes unpaid. On top of that, he has to confront the angry bounty hunters now.
albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1383

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 06:51:43 PM

I feel like it's not fair for bounty hunters to submit KYC when joining bounty campaigns because we are not an investor. We will never be involved with any anti money laundering because we don't invest with money but with TIME and Effort instead. Personally I'm NOT very comfortable submitting my ID's for the simple reason that these are startup companies and we don't even know if they can be trusted.

I think the KYC process is annoying for bounty hunters, There are many who prefer to join bounties that do not ask for KYC, I think the fair bounty is just asking KYC to prevent fraud by some people who use more than one account to double their stakes in the campaigns of the bounty, However, the percentage of bounty is not large in the total supply of the tokens of the project, This shows that the project will not be affected by this fraud which will happen in the bounty, All projects should not require KYC from the bounty hunters and make it only for investors and the project team.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Nasonn

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 07:11:49 PM

Kyc rules isn't set by bounty managers these are rules by the core project team. It isn't fair to keep blaming managers they're working under directives from the project team. Kyc shouldn't be required for bounty hunters because they're not investors but I thi k it's a means of reducing multiple accounts in bounties.
jumiapaul
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 07:28:28 PM

In my opinion, despite the fact that kyc has been instrumental to the reduction of multiple accounts for bounty hunters, I still believe that it is not meant to be utilized for bounties. The bounty hunters is not purchasing tokens and the tokens received are earned from carrying out services for the project.
kevincandra

Activity: 261

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 08:13:26 PM

To be honest I don't really mind the policy as long as in the end the bounty hunter still gets full rights (token) because in my opinion KYC is also very useful to reduce fraud such as multi-accounts that can harm other bounty hunters and KYC is not so difficult, so there is no problem with that
this is just my opinion

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[Fintropy]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Tokenized ETF Management Platform
www.fintropy.io
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 30, 2019, 08:51:13 PM

To be honest I don't really mind the policy as long as in the end the bounty hunter still gets full rights (token) because in my opinion KYC is also very useful to reduce fraud such as multi-accounts that can harm other bounty hunters and KYC is not so difficult, so there is no problem with that
this is just my opinion

It will be fine as long as bounty hunters will get their rewards as promised. The only danger there is if the project gets their database hacked or they choose to sell it to behind our backs. That is the major problem of surrendering to kyc. How do we trust these project owners?

gerryhartell

Activity: 170

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 05:56:34 PM

I don't think bounty managers need to submit KYC, because most of the bounty manager was a bounty hunter first and they can feel our stress and pain. But bounty manager has nothing to do on the team. It is the team who ask KYC for the bounty hunters, so we need to ask the project manager or the team to come with a KYC. I don't know how the Icobecbh KYC works because some project passed the Icobench KYC.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●    T W I T T E R    ●    T E L E G R A M    ●    M E D I U M    ●
DDante

Activity: 434
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 06:04:27 PM

I don't think bounty managers need to submit KYC, because most of the bounty manager was a bounty hunter first and they can feel our stress and pain. But bounty manager has nothing to do on the team. It is the team who ask KYC for the bounty hunters, so we need to ask the project manager or the team to come with a KYC. I don't know how the Icobecbh KYC works because some project passed the Icobench KYC.
Its simple, just don't promote any project that ask for KYC, many bounty projects with no KYC will still find their way to crypto space no matter what, all you have to do is avoid projects that ask for KYC, presently there are few bounty projects that have no KYC implemented
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 06:27:05 PM

I don't quite get why KYC is required for most bounties, since bounties typically don't hold any value to start with. So it's equivalent to giving someone digital monopoly money worth exactly $0. So how does that relate to money laundering exactly? Why would anyone care if you are giving away something worthless and there is no fund transfer, so nothing could possibly be laundered?

And of course most bounties tend to range from $0 to like $50 ... we aren't talking about Walter White level of money transfers here...

I wonder if a lot of campaigns request KYC simply because they are running presales or ICOs, or whatever, and expect bounty people to buy into their coin? Then KYC would be required, but I expect 99%+ of bounty people are after free coin and are not looking to invest.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
September 27, 2019, 06:35:07 PM

if you dont trust about kyc, just dont do it. just follow bounty that dont require kyc.
kyc is useful for big company, they know and can do something if there some player cheat. and maybe it happen to bounty manager. not only company, but you need to know about bounty manager, it trusted or not.
If it were so simple, indeed, there would be no particular problems with the KYC verification. However, they exist, and very large. Many ICO teams introduce such a check after the end of the ICO and they are interested in preventing the participants in the ICO bounty campaign from passing it, and therefore use various methods of fraud. Some even directly deny the possibility of such a check, but during the ICO or even after its completion they change their minds. Therefore, simply bypassing campaigns that will not conduct KYC verification does not always work.
I hope that after the new FATF rules regarding cryptocurrency, including the rules on conducting KYC, come into force from June 21 of next year, we will reduce these problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: