Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 79285 times)
Dailyscript

Activity: 168
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 07:56:10 PM

A few days ago I was withdrawing some money from my bitcoin holdings to fulfill my dream of a computer, which I also needed. But I think I was wrong, if I had bought the computer a few days later, I could have expected better things, as many people think that the price of Bitcoin will increase after the next halving. from my holding, I withdrew about $500 from Bitcoin when it was worth 69k , after halving it, sold my holdings and bought a computer, I would have got something better.
This is the mistake that newbies make by using the money for their needs to invest in bitcoin, and end up selling part of their bitcoin during accumulating period. You don't have an emergency funds, and you are using the money for emergencies to invest in bitcoin, I hope that you don't end up selling again when the price of bitcoin will not be in your favor and run at loss, maybe that is when you will regret it.

The purpose of investing in bitcoin is to grow it without selling any, no matter the temptation from the market, and that is why it is good to figure out that amount that would not be stressful to you or cause tension to you, and invest with it, so that you can hodli without thinking of selling for a very long period of time. When you are investing, have a bitcoin target and stay focused on achieving it. Although, it might not be easy, but with discipline and sacrifice, and the believe that bitcoin is one of the best assest to invest in for the future. It will be possible.

You have just limited the quantity of your bitcoin, which would have generted a higher profit for you, so what is next, start accumulating now that the price is higher than when you bought those one that you sold...not a wise decision.

That is why it's deeply advisable to know the purpose of a thing so that abuse will not be the order of the day, as long as the BTC investment is concerned one must know the best way to go about it if not after invest one will end up in regret because knowing the best way help you to accommodate patient as the best tool for the investment . You can't be making use of the DCA strategy when your mind is centered on short it will not work out, it's very important to engage in others activities that can sustain your financial needs which may serve as emergency money in order to free any thing that has to temper with the investment made on BTC mostly when using the DCA.

No body that lack the essential knowledge on how to go about this who heart believe on the income of selling in short term holding can actualize dream and benefits of Long term.

Killing the emotion of ATH when you have set to apply DCA strategy help to actualize the benefits associated to the strategy.
I have never heard about abuse of bitcoin. Investors cannot abuse bitcoin rather they abuse themselves because bitcoin had intrinsic values that if someone choses to sell off their investment immediately someone is willing to buy it. Choice is free, we cannot force ourselves to be long term holder it comes with discipline. Such discipline can be learnt by reading investment books, real life experience, and also interacting with the beginners and help board in the forum.

Also, i literally dont understand the meaning of killing the emotion of ATH. Perhaps you have a wrong meaning of ATH. It is an acronym for All Time High. Let me help you out here. When DCA it is certain that an investment do now keep in mind the ATH and ATL of bitcoin. He consistently invest in bitcoin against all odds in other to reach the target.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hallroom

Activity: 644
Merit: 17

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 11:12:02 PM

You can deposit bitcoins using DCA method but have you ever thought that you need a strong wallet.  Bitcoin storage should never be deposited in a light wallet, because you can never ignore Bitcoin, Bitcoin is a valuable asset.  So the best way to save Bitcoin DCA method and even better way is to use strong wallet.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║ 〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙 ║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Kwarkam

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 11, 2024, 11:53:24 PM

A few days ago I was withdrawing some money from my bitcoin holdings to fulfill my dream of a computer, which I also needed. But I think I was wrong, if I had bought the computer a few days later, I could have expected better things, as many people think that the price of Bitcoin will increase after the next halving. from my holding, I withdrew about $500 from Bitcoin when it was worth 69k , after halving it, sold my holdings and bought a computer, I would have got something better.
This is the mistake that newbies make by using the money for their needs to invest in bitcoin, and end up selling part of their bitcoin during accumulating period. You don't have an emergency funds, and you are using the money for emergencies to invest in bitcoin, I hope that you don't end up selling again when the price of bitcoin will not be in your favor and run at loss, maybe that is when you will regret it.

The purpose of investing in bitcoin is to grow it without selling any, no matter the temptation from the market, and that is why it is good to figure out that amount that would not be stressful to you or cause tension to you, and invest with it, so that you can hodli without thinking of selling for a very long period of time. When you are investing, have a bitcoin target and stay focused on achieving it. Although, it might not be easy, but with discipline and sacrifice, and the believe that bitcoin is one of the best assest to invest in for the future. It will be possible.

You have just limited the quantity of your bitcoin, which would have generted a higher profit for you, so what is next, start accumulating now that the price is higher than when you bought those one that you sold...not a wise decision.

Thanks for the clarification but I would also like to add this particular problem of inconsistency is not only tied to newbies because I believe even some persons who have been in the space for some time can still make this error. One thing is to start an investment and the other is to end up with the actual plans you thought of starting with. The points you just dropped are actually the basics to starting a Bitcoin investment because if you don't have an steady means of income where you can atleast cut out a portion that won't affect you if you want to save it as Bitcoin then you might likely just end up using that same Bitcoin you intend to save to solve one or issues that's needs attention just because the planning wasn't certain.

I agree with you, sir. At the very least, before any one goes into Bitcoin , you should  have an emergency saving, and yes a steady, reliable source of income, so you don't end up using your holdings prematurely to sort out emergency situations.
While there can be a lot of upsides to Bitcoin, remember that the downsides can be sudden and sharp. Also note that Bitcoin  may have a higher chance of going to zero than many other assets. In light of this, it would be wise to limit your allocations to an amount you can afford to lose.

If you're looking to diversify your portfolio or are saving for a particular goal (particularly a short-term goal), Bitcoin may not be an appropriate vehicle due to its unpredictability.
In essence, what I'm saying is that firstly, before going into Bitcoin, you should atleast have a reliable source of income that can fund your investment, so you don't have to touch your holdings to handle emergent issues, and then, Bitcoin best fits long term investment, as in the long run the profits pile, but in a short frame, losses can be counted due to its volatility. I think I made sense .
Tmoonz

Activity: 154

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 01:08:23 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2024, 01:52:48 AM by Tmoonz
Merited by teamsherry (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I agree with you, sir. At the very least, before any one goes into Bitcoin , you should  have an emergency saving, and yes a steady, reliable source of income, so you don't end up using your holdings prematurely to sort out emergency situations.
While there can be a lot of upsides to Bitcoin, remember that the downsides can be sudden and sharp. Also note that Bitcoin  may have a higher chance of going to zero than many other assets. In light of this, it would be wise to limit your allocations to an amount you can afford to lose.

If you're looking to diversify your portfolio or are saving for a particular goal (particularly a short-term goal), Bitcoin may not be an appropriate vehicle due to its unpredictability.
In essence, what I'm saying is that firstly, before going into Bitcoin, you should atleast have a reliable source of income that can fund your investment, so you don't have to touch your holdings to handle emergent issues, and then, Bitcoin best fits long term investment, as in the long run the profits pile, but in a short frame, losses can be counted due to its volatility. I think I made sense .

In as much as you are right in few of your expression, I dis agree with you mate, with your Short sighted way of spreading negative messages about Bitcoin by sounding so crazy in your narrative of what you think Bitcoin is, Bitcoin is one of the best if not the best when it comes to the world digital assets class and has proven beyond every reasonable dout about it's potentials from history since it's inception or invention , Bitcoin is not as risky as some people claims or proclaim but he I don't give a fuck about what you think Bitcoin is, because Bitcoin has made a significant outstanding performance, which gives you total control over your money, enabling borderless transactions, offering protection against inflation, preserving privacy, and as well creating an investment opportunity, Bitcoin is a save haven,  Bitcoin  is a store of value and wealth . You don't have to be dump and refused /failing to see the beauty of the potentials Bitcoin holds.

Kwarkam

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 02:31:53 AM

I agree with you, sir. At the very least, before any one goes into Bitcoin , you should  have an emergency saving, and yes a steady, reliable source of income, so you don't end up using your holdings prematurely to sort out emergency situations.
While there can be a lot of upsides to Bitcoin, remember that the downsides can be sudden and sharp. Also note that Bitcoin  may have a higher chance of going to zero than many other assets. In light of this, it would be wise to limit your allocations to an amount you can afford to lose.

In as much as you are right in few of your expression, I dis agree with you mate, with your Short sighted way of spreading negative messages about Bitcoin by sounding so crazy in your narrative of what you think Bitcoin is, Bitcoin is one of the best if not the best when it comes to the world digital assets class and has proven beyond every reasonable dout about it's potentials from history since it's inception or invention , Bitcoin is not as risky as some people claims or proclaim but he I don't give a fuck about what you think Bitcoin is, because Bitcoin has made a significant outstanding performance, which gives you total control over your money, enabling borderless transactions, offering protection against inflation, preserving privacy, and as well creating an investment opportunity, Bitcoin is a save haven,  Bitcoin  is a store of value and wealth . You don't have to be dump and refused /failing to see the beauty of the potentials Bitcoin holds.
Throwing shade on Bitcoin wasnt the whole idea of the post.
What I'm saying is that Bitcoin works better for long term investors.
And it'll be sad if you didn't get that part, mate.  Also I implied the volatility of cryptocurrency in general when I said Bitcoin can fall, and all of that. Not necessarily that it's a bad investment choice. And making the said implication, is all with regards to  short term investors.
Tmoonz

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 03:20:23 AM
Merited by Fiasem20 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

And it'll be sad if you didn't get that part, mate.  Also I implied the volatility of cryptocurrency in general when I said Bitcoin can fall, and all of that. Not necessarily that it's a bad investment choice. And making the said implication, is all with regards to  short term investors.

You don't generaliz the use and meaning of the term cryptocurrency in terms of Bitcoin and other coins, it will be best specifications should be made such that when you are referring to Bitcoin just be specific and say Bitcoin because Bitcoin doesn't have the same principle of operation with other coins rather there performance solely depends on Bitcoin, or perhaps it is a Bitcoin thread where long term Bitcoin investment is the priority the reason why it dominates the thread. However, volatility is a factor of Bitcoin functionality which is inevitable for a new growing asset class like  Bitcoin, but it is mainly a major problem for short term traders whose aim are just to maximize profits within the shortest time frame, whereas Bitcoin long term investment sees it as an advantage of accumulating Bitcoin without considering volatility especially when an using my stable process of dca strategy which could be weekly or monthly, for those worried about volatility the dca strategy is highly recommended as the advantages are too numerous the reason why it dominates the thread, volatility shouldn't affect our mentality because Smart investors takes advantage of it by buying more Bitcoin at a price lower than it's previous high.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 05:07:40 AM

Buying of Bitcoin now it is the best time that you can buy a Bitcoin and the invest it for long time because when we entered halving I think that the price of bitcoin will skyrocket in value, so let us know that Bitcoin does not have a particular time you can purchase it and the key for long time it is when you have the opportunity to invest in Bitcoin is when you will purchase it and the serve it for long-term investment or short-term investment depending the level of your capitals and how you want this duration of your investment to last so buying a bitcoin does not have a time Factor you can decide to buy anytime you feel like
If we consider the future of Bitcoin we will not even allowed any current price of Bitcoin now to determine the goal of our accumulation that's why I still wonder why most people always expect the Bitcoin price to fall to a particular level before they could start accumulating because to me I see every price level of Bitcoin as an opportunity to keep investing because I'm not looking at the present condition but instead I'm being propelled by what the future holds for it because let's take for instance in the next 10 to 13 years the price of Bitcoin rise to $500k or above would you still consider the current price level now before buying?, so actually this is how I see the potential of Bitcoin that's why I'm not always concern about the current price.
When you have so much believe in the future of  a project the current market value won't be of a concern to you as to when and at what time you would have to be investing in it. Secondly, not all investors want to stay with the investment for a long time of 10-15yrs and it could be a 3-4yrs for them, that's why they only pay attention to the dip before they buy which for me I still view it as a strategy for them maximizing time base on the years they have set for to take profit.
Mate,  I don't completely agree with you on this. However, let the clarity be made for what should be called short term and long term Bitcoin investment, in terms of duration. Holding a Bitcoin investment is at the minimum of 4years that is one halving circle where Bitcoin normally hits above it's previous ATH. Hence, any Bitcoin investment below 4 year shouldn't and can never be called a long term Bitcoin investment just as you included 3years in your expression, every long term Bitcoin investment should be from 4years  which is a whole a a whole circle and above which is another way of differentiating long term from short term Bitcoin investment, they shouldn't be seen as a long term Bitcoin investor or a hodler and I can not comfortably call them Short term investos but will preferably call such sets of people traders.@jayjuanGee I hope am correct?
It is correct that any long term plan in bitcoin investment most be at least 4 years due to the halving circle for the investor to make profit from the bullrun, nevertheless, when I said 3-4 years long term bitcoin investment and you're disputing it that's because you are not considering the fact that there are investors that will be starting their investment after one year of the previous bullrun giving them three years left to DCA till the next halving and bullrun. 3 years is viable enough for a consistent DCAing investor to accumulate a considerable amount of bitcoin if he's doing $50 each week for 3 years to a next bullrun.  That was the angle I was thinking from that I had to say from 3-4 years could be considered a long-term investment. I should believe you now understand.

Every time you buy BTC, you should be considering that new purchased BTC in terms of a 4-10 year time horizon or longer.

Sure if you had been investing into BTC for 3-4 year, you are going to have BTC that you purchased that are older and some that are more newly purchased, but the mere fact that some of your earlier purchases are already more than 4 years invested, that should not be enough of a reason to start to cash those ones out, even though you surely have more liberty in regards to your longer purchases, and also in the end you can do whatever the fuck you want, even if you do a bunch of dumb shit because you think  that you made it and you had barely even built up your BTC holdings, yet you start to conclude that you have some coins that are older than 4 years, and so therefore you should start cashing out some of your BTC, rather than staying focused on the more important considerations in regards to where are you with your overall BTC holdings? Do you even have a whole year's income/expenses that are built up into your BTC in terms of how much you invested versus how much the BTC might have appreciated during the time that you were building your stash and presumptively the older coins are more profitable than the newer ones... yet even with all this assessment, the overall conclusion may well be that your stash is not even close enough to be considering moving away from accumulation unless you had been able to lump sump and to front load it and/or some of those various tactics that you invested a lot early rather than DCAing that takes way longer to build your BTC holdings, even though DCA may well be the ONLY real meaningful option that you might have had during your investment into BTC over the years.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 05:19:17 AM

And it'll be sad if you didn't get that part, mate.  Also I implied the volatility of cryptocurrency in general when I said Bitcoin can fall, and all of that. Not necessarily that it's a bad investment choice. And making the said implication, is all with regards to  short term investors.
When you mention cryptocurrency in general, are you referring to bitcoin together with the other shitcoins? Why not simply use bitcoin and your points will be well understood and appreciated rather than deviating with your words which often make people think that the other shitcoins have the same validity as bitcoin? Efforts have been made by @JayJuanGee to encourage people to retain the word bitcoin in their discussion so that people do not confuse bitcoin with shitcoins that often bring bad reputation and prone to scams. So if you will be so kind, continue using bitcoin in comments and that will be just fine. It has all the attributes you are trying to explain.

Note: we have stablecoins like USDT which still fall under the word "cryptocurrency" but are stable and not volatile, so bitcoin is perfect for your discription on volatility.

Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 210
Merit: 106

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 06:01:37 AM

And it'll be sad if you didn't get that part, mate.  Also I implied the volatility of cryptocurrency in general when I said Bitcoin can fall, and all of that. Not necessarily that it's a bad investment choice. And making the said implication, is all with regards to  short term investors.
When you mention cryptocurrency in general, are you referring to bitcoin together with the other shitcoins? Why not simply use bitcoin and your points will be well understood and appreciated rather than deviating with your words which often make people think that the other shitcoins have the same validity as bitcoin? Efforts have been made by @JayJuanGee to encourage people to retain the word bitcoin in their discussion so that people do not confuse bitcoin with shitcoins that often bring bad reputation and prone to scams. So if you will be so kind, continue using bitcoin in comments and that will be just fine. It has all the attributes you are trying to explain.
Obviously, Bitcoin is among cryptocurrencies but the reason why we make Bitcoin of more in this discussion is because it is our most priority and the asset we have in our individual portfolio and all other cryptos come under Bitcoin that is why Bitcoin is taken to be a volatile asset. Our main objective here is focused on buying and hodling no matter the price of Bitcoin that is why the DCA is advisable then if there comes a dip, an investor with high source of income or that have reserved funds can choose to lump sum and still continue the DCA
Bitcoin being a high volatile asset needs time before your investment can boom to a certain height that is why anyone venturing into bitcoin need endurance and patience because it is not just about buying and selling but buying and hodling for the future because a greater fruit awaits your investment there.

Shitcoins probably doesn't have any future that is why we don't include shitcoins in this thread, we are more concerned about a guaranteed asset like Bitcoin and if we look at the growth and adoption of Bitcoin since it was introduced, we can have that feeling of safety and security of our Bitcoins as proud hodlers.

Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 787

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 11:01:32 AM

You don't generaliz the use and meaning of the term cryptocurrency in terms of Bitcoin and other coins, it will be best specifications should be made such that when you are referring to Bitcoin just be specific and say Bitcoin because Bitcoin doesn't have the same principle of operation with other coins rather there performance solely depends on Bitcoin, or perhaps it is a Bitcoin thread where long term Bitcoin investment is the priority the reason why it dominates the thread. However, volatility is a factor of Bitcoin functionality which is inevitable for a new growing asset class like  Bitcoin, but it is mainly a major problem for short term traders whose aim are just to maximize profits within the shortest time frame, whereas Bitcoin long term investment sees it as an advantage of accumulating Bitcoin without considering volatility especially when an using my stable process of dca strategy which could be weekly or monthly, for those worried about volatility the dca strategy is highly recommended as the advantages are too numerous the reason why it dominates the thread, volatility shouldn't affect our mentality because Smart investors takes advantage of it by buying more Bitcoin at a price lower than it's previous high.

This is the problem of those people doesn't know yet what they are referring on and they try to dive on something that they are still confused what to call it that's why usually they got caught up with wrong information towards what they are reading anywhere. Maybe he should consider to check back his current situation if he's really prepared for long term investment since he might be messed up everything if he's just been hyped with discussion but doesn't have any good plans towards their long term plans. If they are not ready for investing on bitcoin since they are afraid on its volatility and possible sudden fall then maybe they should not invest yet but rather they need to fill their heads with a lot of knowledge so that they are sure on every decisions they made and prepared for any consequences that might possible occur in future. We need to be smart on this since if we can easily get affected on some events then maybe we will fail for that.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Tmoonz

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 12:49:55 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2024, 01:24:08 PM by Tmoonz

Obviously, Bitcoin is among cryptocurrencies but the reason why we make Bitcoin of more in this discussion is because it is our most priority and the asset we have in our individual portfolio and all other cryptos come under Bitcoin that is why Bitcoin is taken to be a volatile asset. Our main objective here is focused on buying and hodling no matter the price of Bitcoin that is why the DCA is advisable then if there comes a dip, an investor with high source of income or that have reserved funds can choose to lump sum and still continue the DCA
Bitcoin being a high volatile asset needs time before your investment can boom to a certain height that is why anyone venturing into bitcoin need endurance and patience because it is not just about buying and selling but buying and hodling for the future because a greater fruit awaits your investment there.

Shitcoins probably doesn't have any future that is why we don't include shitcoins in this thread, we are more concerned about a guaranteed asset like Bitcoin and if we look at the growth and adoption of Bitcoin since it was introduced, we can have that feeling of safety and security of our Bitcoins as proud hodlers.

It is very important for the clarity to be made and be made vividly. However, without any assumption that everyone knows what you know, how can someone even know and understand that you are referring to Bitcoin by using such term cryptocurrency or cryptos which ever you may called it, Bitcoin is Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is cryptocurrency, that is another  reason why most people spread negative messages about Bitcoin to be a very risky investment ( the truth remains Bitcoin investment is not as risky as most people may have it )by generalizing such term cryptocurrency in terms of Bitcoin and other coins where eventually they might have seen how people has been scammed on dealing with shitcoins whereas they have different principles of operation and functionalities, fuck using such vague, misleading and pretentious language, in this thread.

Barikui1

Activity: 196
Merit: 128

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 01:55:16 PM

It is very important for the clarity to be made and be made vividly. However, without any assumption that everyone knows what you know, how can someone even know and understand that you are referring to Bitcoin by using such term cryptocurrency or cryptos which ever you may called it, Bitcoin is Bitcoin and cryptocurrency is cryptocurrency, that is another  reason why most people spread negative messages about Bitcoin to be a very risky investment ( the truth remains Bitcoin investment is not as risky as most people may have it )by generalizing such term cryptocurrency in terms of Bitcoin and other coins where eventually they might have seen how people has been scammed on dealing with shitcoins whereas they have different principles of operation and functionalities, fuck using such vague, misleading and pretentious language, in this thread.

It's actually true that Bitcoin investment is not as risky as most people think, but it's actually risky, just as any other investment, so if anyone start telling you that their is no risk attached to it, bro, he is lying to entice you, but not only in Bitcoin, their is always a risk attached to all investment, that's why you will keeps on hearing the word, do your own research, so as to know more and what it entails and how to navigate your way around it.

Lastly, as for the alt and the shit coin, they are the real danger, and most people are not aware to the fact that they will definitely get burn by investing in them at some point,  the major problem they mostly have is greed, because they only pay attention to the crazy returns, forgetting about security, and forgetting that they falls more than they rise, but anyone that cares more about security will have nothing to do with alt and shit coin, because they are actually gambling with their hard earned money to me.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 177

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 02:39:01 PM

You can deposit bitcoins using DCA method but have you ever thought that you need a strong wallet.  Bitcoin storage should never be deposited in a light wallet, because you can never ignore Bitcoin, Bitcoin is a valuable asset.  So the best way to save Bitcoin DCA method and even better way is to use strong wallet.
The DCA strategy is used to accumulate bitcoin, not to deposit bitcoin in the non-custodial bitcoin wallet. After getting a good non-custodial bitcoin wallet, you need to protect your wallet's private key or seed phrase from people and back it up in two different locations that only you know. If someone gets hold of your wallet private key or seed phrase, he or she can initiate a transaction and move your bitcoin to a another non-custodial bitcoin wallet.

Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 196
Merit: 25

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 04:14:56 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Richbased (1)

The DCA strategy is used to accumulate bitcoin, not to deposit bitcoin in the non-custodial bitcoin wallet. After getting a good non-custodial bitcoin wallet, you need to protect your wallet's private key or seed phrase from people and back it up in two different locations that only you know. If someone gets hold of your wallet private key or seed phrase, he or she can initiate a transaction and move your bitcoin to a another non-custodial bitcoin wallet.

I think this should be a primary thing in which anyone intending to hold BTC with whichever strategies must first put in place mostly when it involves valuable currency like BTC and holding for a long time no matter how small the investment should be a safe Wallet with private and strong security is meant to have been put in place. I think the custodial wallet has been announced severally on the forum even other wallet having similar feather and capable of holding BTC and give holder privacy as regards to security is there for holding.

I think knowledge in general is necessary and security as well this wallet is necessary because while adopting DCA as way if long time using wallet that give this security and confidence is very necessary I supported your point of view.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 177

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 05:54:00 PM

But anyway there is no use in thinking about what has happened,
I can see you have no bitcoin knowledge for you to think that many people think the bitcoin price will increase after halving. You are supposed to know from bitcoin history that, after halving, bitcoin used to set an all-time high. Did you invest in bitcoin because your friends were investing in it? I want you to do some research on bitcoin so that you will understand it and not make this same mistake next time with your bitcoin. Don't invest all your money in Bitcoin so that you have enough money to settle your unforeseen problems, and it will make you not sell your bitcoin to solve them.

wmaurik

Activity: 2030
Merit: 706

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 07:10:54 PM

Regarding wallets, it is certain that everyone will choose a good wallet to store valuable assets such as Bitcoin even if that person buys it in installments every week or month. So there really is no need to talk about this anymore, even though it is an important option for beginners or people who don't have the best wallet to store Bitcoin. However, in this forum there is a special sub about discussing wallets which can be educational for everyone who wants to choose the best wallets for their needs in storing Bitcoin. You can find this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=37.0

███████████████████████████████
█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JiiBs

Activity: 112
Merit: 52

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The DCA strategy is used to accumulate bitcoin, not to deposit bitcoin in the non-custodial bitcoin wallet.
I guess the earlier comment from user Hallroom was a bit cranky, given the users choice of word and how it was used in a sentence but,

I don’t see much difference when you say deposit and accumulation in this context. They both refer to the same thing.
Depositing/Receiving/Accumulating all counts towards having Bitcoin been sent to a wallet. While DCA might talk about the method or strategy by which this Bitcoin buying is been acquired as a best means for the investor, they really are just having to get these Bitcoins to some wallet in the end.

Hence, it’s ever important that you use methods that gives you some freehand to invest and you ensure your using a safe none custodian wallet for this purpose and properly secure your seed phrase or private key.
Winterfrost

Activity: 599
Merit: 135

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 08:06:08 PM

Do you even have a whole year's income/expenses that are built up into your BTC in terms of how much you invested versus how much the BTC might have appreciated during the time that you were building your stash and presumptively the older coins are more profitable than the newer ones... yet even with all this assessment, the overall conclusion may well be that your stash is not even close enough to be considering moving away from accumulation unless you had been able to lump sump and to front load it and/or some of those various tactics that you invested a lot early rather than DCAing that takes way longer to build your BTC holdings, even though DCA may well be the ONLY real meaningful option that you might have had during your investment into BTC over the years.
this is where psychological maturity and intelligence comes in when investing in the long run because once you're in profit, there is always a point when you get tempted to sell off your holding even when you've not actually stacked up a good quantity of Bitcoin. It's easy to get  carried away when you are in profit and then it becomes tempting iether to sell off your profit or slow down on accumulation when you've been able to DCA up to a single circle. In the midst of the thought that might appear as the best option, you've got to be truthful to yourself and check to know if you've been able to buy a good amount of Bitcoin within such space of time.

Except you aggressively stacked up Bitcoin in a massive way that's bent on building a huge portfolio for an interval of four years or so, an average investor that's hoping to make something big out of his investment shouldn't narrow his investment plan to a single circle afterwards he will ever think of selling his holding. This is one of the reasons why accumulating with the use of the DCA methord is always preferable since you can still continue leaving your normal life while DCAing and you can decide to do it for more than ten years without having to take a single profit out of your investment it you put all the necessary things into consideration and ensure that variables like your emergency is intact and that you're DCAing with an amount that's convenient for you such that in doesn't interfere with your personal life and basic needs.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 161

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 08:13:56 PM

I think this should be a primary thing in which anyone intending to hold BTC with whichever strategies must first put in place mostly when it involves valuable currency like BTC and holding for a long time no matter how small the investment should be a safe Wallet with private and strong security is meant to have been put in place. I think the custodial wallet has been announced severally on the forum even other wallet having similar feather and capable of holding BTC and give holder privacy as regards to security is there for holding.

I think knowledge in general is necessary and security as well this wallet is necessary because while adopting DCA as way if long time using wallet that give this security and confidence is very necessary I supported your point of view.

Using all the strategies to accumulate is pretty helpful, like now market is redish ( decrease in price) , buying the dip would be nice by spreading it because we can't actually tell howfar the dip gonna be , I'm kinda happy that there's some dip though because it would give me more chances to accumulate more bitcoin, purchasing as the price decreases. So this time around, that's just few days to the halving we should increase our rate of accumulating by being more aggressive in any way we can.

Talking about wallet safety, to me no wallet is 100% secure so one also have to handle his wallet with caution, despite how good or secure that wallet may be.  

avp2306

Activity: 994
Merit: 350

View Profile
April 12, 2024, 11:10:19 PM

The problem with other is they got discourage immediately for seeing that they don't have big funds to conduct a long term hodl. They didn't think or explore some possibilities that they can increase their holdings by doing DCA or lump sum methods since even if they put small amount and if their target year before they release their investment to 4 - 10 years then provably their volume will be so big at that timeline. They just don't have enough confidence about it but if they gain enough experience for sure people will realize that everything they do especially for thinking about acquiring on any methods they are comfortable is rewarding in future. That's why for confused people about this maybe they should try to read up the suggestion of  a lot since there are so many helpful pointers out there.

Also on wallet we select to use always prefer to have those wallets that we can  safekeep our private keys and never use an exchange as alternative since we all know the risk is so high then the saying about not your keys not your coin is applicable on this.

Security of our funds is necessary so that we can assure that we have something to collect once our target years has been hit.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 »
  Print  

Jump to: