Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 412 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 78679 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 12:33:52 AM

[edited out]
Thanks JayJuanGee on this topic, I'm have been reading each post one after the other and I have really learnt a lot about the Dip and Hodling, this place is like a school were you study from different teachers with different experience about crypto, I'm happy to be here.

Fuck crypto.

Who gives any shits about crypto?  especially in this thread.

[edited out]
I feeel he was actually referring to forex traders...I don't know much about Bitcoin trading and I am yet to see a successful day trader of Bitcoin. My knowledge about Bitcoin is just to buy and hold. The successful traders being referred to are actually those who trade the forex market, many of whom buy Bitcoin with part of their profits from forex.

You know capital is very important for the topic of this thread and forex seem to be one way of getting capital. So, mentioning forex trading is somehow in line as I feel some participant here also trade forex... maybe they might consider adopting the method of buying Bitcoin with their profit from forex trading.

You are both projecting and full of shit... No one here is talking about Forex trading, or trading in general, and I would not even assume that trading forex is generally giving regular people "capital" to be able to invest in bitcoin.

Another thing is that bitcoin buying and accumulating (including buying on dips and HODLing) is for everyone, including people without very much capital; however, there is some truth to any assertion that there is some needs for discretionary income since it likely is not very healthy for anyone to be attempting to invest with money that they either need in the short term, or that they might even need in the longer term if they have uncertainties with their cashflows in a less than 4 year timeline, then they might want to be careful when investing into anything that can be quite volatile, which includes bitcoin.

[edited out]
Sure thing, let's make it simpler. Okay, imagine we're having a focused talk, just like JayJuanGee suggested. Now, about forex, it's not a magic way to make money for investing in bitcoin. Don't get confused! Forex also involves trading and investing, which still carries some risks. My advice is, if you learn more about Bitcoin trading, you'll have a better plan for trading bitcoin. I can even share what works for me. I've tried something called Bitcoin swing trading. With this, you take advantage of short-term price patterns. Basically, you make money when the prices go up and down quickly. It's like a swinging motion. So, if you want to trade bitcoin well, you'll need to understand these kinds of strategies.
Just my contribution....

That does not really help too much, especially suggesting (to what seems to be a troll or a shill or even a disingenuine poster) that we are talking about BTC trading in this thread, even if there might be profitable ways to do it..

Personally, I have doubts about any kind of rush to necessarily learn things that you might not have the time and/or energies to learn, and sure if you have some chances to learn more technical aspects of bitcoin, then surely there is nothing wrong with that.... but I would not necessarily conclude that it is healthy to get too focused on the trees and thereby end up losing sight of the forest - because their are a whole lot of angles to bitcoin and there are a whole lot of people who still can value greatly from bitcoin without learning how to code or whatever you might speculate to be some kind of a technical barrier and/or handicap that you might have.
I actually have passion for coding. I have attempted coding when I was in the university but due to the academic workload, which I could not combine with learning new skill, I had to drop coding. After graduation, I started white collar job which also rarely give me time to do any other thing. So, me going back to coding is a kind of passion driven and not necessarily because I want to do it because of Bitcoin.

Oh?  That actually sounds like a good idea, if you are going to do something that you already want to do, and even if bitcoin gives you a further incentive to do it, there is nothing wrong with that, and surely you might be able to figure out some kind of a particular niche for yourself or if you do end up studying the coding, you may well even figure out some various angles that you had never thought about previously and potentially be able to share some of those learnings with forum members or even possibly find some angles to bitcoin that others had not seen (which surely is a higher aspirational level, but it does not hurt to have more people looking at various aspects of bitcoin's code whether it is on the first layer or some higher up layers or perhaps some applications that might need some more eyes upon their code).  

JayJuanGee you have spoken well, I always avoid going into learning a skill which I no i cannot have chance to finish, actually you made me remember a time I went for cyber security training I had good passion on it so I jumped into it without considering how busy I was then doing a part-time school and working and at the same time venturing into cyber security so the stress became much on me so I tried to manage it but I could not so I had to drop after spending money and time I felt really bad so that's why is always advice able not venture into something you're not you could finish.

I imagine that you are responding specifically about my response to Odohu, and just to note that it is much better to not cite whole posts if you are ONLY responding to a portion of such post.

In regards to your actual response, sometimes we are not able to do exactly what we want in life so we have to figure out our various compromises or the various ways that we might feel that we are able to attempt to focus ourselves, and surely there are some people who are able to learn a lot of varying skills and specialties, but many people do need to attempt to focus on a narrow number of things, and surely even knowing some of our own limitations is a kind of skill in and of itself.. that maybe is never completely learned.. meaning that we are always needing to figure out how much that we are able to push ourselves into learning new things or if we might need to take some things off our own plates in order to attempt to be more effective at other things that we might have going on in our lives.

So take advantage of all the opportunities that you can use to then collect some BTC and resist any temptation that comes telling you to sell it, it's too early, remember the next 5 or 10 years BTC will be amazing.

I am a little bothered by this mindset, even if you might end up being correct Dickiy....

There are no guarantees of great performance, even if we extend the timeline out longer... even though extending the timeline does seems to give us greater odds that our BTC holdings will be in profits (even accounting for inflation and/or depreciating value of various fiats, including but not limited to the dollar).

At minimum we would like our BTC to be able to outpace the performance of fiats and also other assets, but there is no guarantee of that either, even if we may well consider that there are a lot of good things ongoingly happening in bitcoin.

So if we are going to be aggressive in our bitcoin accumulation strategies merely because we think that we are going to be rich as fuck in 5-10 years, it could well be the case that we are deferring too much of our actual needs to live our lives and not to become overly confident in upside scenarios that are probabilities to happen rather than guaranteed to happen.

I don't what is difficult for we to target when cryptocurrency is in bearish and buy and after buying you hold your coin and decide on when to sell, really whoever that mean cryptocurrency investment knows it target and they know when to buy and when to sell their coin, but some people don't know, buying any cryptocurrency and keep it for long to sell doesn't guarantee us profit because the price of can alternate to another, and it will not make profit for you, so it's good when holding your coin you suppose to have a particular plan of when to sell that you will not lose

You seem lost Onyeeze.. especially since:
1) we are talking about bitcoin here, and you did not even use it one time in your post..
2) do you believe that bitcoin and crypto is the same thing, so you can just throw around that vague nonsense term, even assuming that you were talking about bitcoin when you blabbered out that gobble-dee-gook,
3) you mentioned buyng, selling and knowing when to do it.. .. and if you had looked aty the title of the thread, there is a focus, in this here thread about buying and HODLing.. not selling.. we are not talking about selling here..
and
4)  your questioning "what so difficult" seems to be quite out of place, when you don't even seem to have any clue about the topic of the thread, so you are having quite a few difficulties of your own. ..including pretentiousness to be asking "what's is difficult?"

Bitcoin crash, don't panic, we are still expecting a buy dip, I will try to enter at the current lowest price.

It's not a problem when the price returns to bearish, it's an opportunity to accumulate more bitcoins at a discount with this we still have time and continue to buy at the lowest price. Take advantage of the situation that exists only for Bitcoin to be a good choice.

You seem to be misusing language here.  A correction does not necessarily mean that the BTC price is transitioned into a "bearish" posture.

I otherwise agree with your point that this seems to be a kind of signature "buy the dip" moment.. .. even if you had alreadfy been buying all the way down from $28k-ish from yesterday... but yeah some folks do have a tendency to wait for BIGGER dips, and I am not going to proclaim to know when it will stop.. and perhaps that's why I have my systems already set up in which I had already been buying since right around $30k... in $500 increments.. and if we were to end up getting down to $22k-ish (that I don't want to happen).. then I might have to reconsider whether my already outstanding buy orders between $13k and $20k (that I also don't want to execute) are still adequately placed.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 709

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 01:21:42 AM

A correction does not necessarily mean that the BTC price is transitioned into a "bearish" posture.

Absolutely, the ongoing correction in Bitcoin price appears to be direct response  to recent statement of FED regarding the potential for future interest rates hikes. However, this correction is likely to be short lived and doesn't reflect that market definitive shift towards sustained bearish sentiment. Although we can not predict anything with certainty when it comes to Bitcoin price, but most likely the extended bear phase commenced in the 1st quarter of 2021 has already reached a point of saturation. Hopefully, the floor price reached around $15,000 during that period will not be revisited.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
martinex

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 02:37:52 AM

You seem to be misusing language here.  A correction does not necessarily mean that the BTC price is transitioned into a "bearish" posture.

I otherwise agree with your point that this seems to be a kind of signature "buy the dip" moment.. .. even if you had alreadfy been buying all the way down from $28k-ish from yesterday... but yeah some folks do have a tendency to wait for BIGGER dips, and I am not going to proclaim to know when it will stop.. and perhaps that's why I have my systems already set up in which I had already been buying since right around $30k... in $500 increments.. and if we were to end up getting down to $22k-ish (that I don't want to happen).. then I might have to reconsider whether my already outstanding buy orders between $13k and $20k (that I also don't want to execute) are still adequately placed.

I think BTC is going to be fine Sir, Yes, the day's BTC dips down to a price of $25,166 and this still normal. My mind says, today's crypto market may be gearing up for a new growth phase and today's events may be similar to Current BTC Price Cycle Similar 2015 – 2017.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
khiholangkang

Activity: 2016
Merit: 559

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 03:08:25 AM

I think BTC is going to be fine Sir, Yes, the day's BTC dips down to a price of $25,166 and this still normal. My mind says, today's crypto market may be gearing up for a new growth phase and today's events may be similar to Current BTC Price Cycle Similar 2015 – 2017.

We are indeed preparing for the growth phase and indeed it is a recommendation for a phased buying moment or DCA at prices like this, everyone has a will at what price they need, even if they regret not waiting longer because of a bigger drop of a few hours or a few days afterwards.
There has always been a similarity in price movements in bitcoin in its cycle, including what you said in 2015-2017, but if you want to look more closely at prices that are more similar to what is on the bitcoin chart in 2019, you can see clearly that the bitcoin chart formation is more similar, because at that time bitcoin was during a prolonged sideway and had no direction bitcoin was declining again, if the 2019 movement occurs again, most likely we will experience a continue decline, the $22k level is the target.

But we have to realize that each cycle has its own story, even though the movements can be said to be similar.
For now I think it's better to split your monthly DCA funds in anticipation of regretting the continued decline in order to get the Dip price in this month.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 03:48:50 AM

So I feel I did not start building my portfolio when I should. At the moment, responsibilities have increased thereby reducing the allocation of income that goes into savings( in this case, saving means buying Bitcoin). Well, it is better later than never.

There is no need to feel alone in the sense of screwing some things up in your earlier years in bitcoin, and there are quite a few examples of guys who were not really holding their BTC and they were either spending too much or not employing a "spend and replace" kind of strategy that would at least cause them to not lessen the quantity of their BTC holdings when they did choose to spend it.

Yes he must not feel alone because me,Myself made lot of mistakes in my early years , I even sold everything in my folio when the price reached 20k and leave nothing in my holding.
but from that I learned and did not let it happened in 2021 , so indeed that past is not that matter but the future and the present. meaning we must keep purchasing as long as  we can for the coming years specially in the next bull run . but now I will never release everything but only a small part to be taken.

I also didn't gain much knowledge about Bitcoin when the market was in bullish period of 2021. I thought that some altcoins might be good for investment. But my opinion changed when I came across the events of 2022. I lost large amount. Actually at that moment I had no idea about bitcoin but now I am able to understand the difference between bitcoin and other shit coins.
actually depend on what altcoin you held in your wallet , Because there are some that gets pretty good growth , but we have no assurance on those specially shitcoins and memecoins . instead we must keep trusting bitcoin above every currency because of its safety that we already proven for many years now.
I've started reorganizing my portfolio to contain only bitcoins. I am trying and I believe long term Bitcoin holders will find the digital gold. If one wants to view his wealth as a secure and life-changing asset for the long term, there is no substitute of holding Bitcoin. Currently Bitcoin is price of 29K that still much lower than the expected price which still serves as an opportunity for investors.
Perfect choice mate, never listed to shitcoin holder about diversification specially these days that we are nearing Halving?
lets put all eggs in single basket,.
lets care nothing about they concern because it is our money.

naira

Activity: 1974
Merit: 586

Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 07:00:28 AM

Back to the title where this moment is right for anyone to accumulate Bitcoin, yes Buy BTC DIP and HODL. But don't forget that September can be said to be a month of blood, so stock up on fiat ammunition for DCA in the month to come. ATH is getting closer if you are a gambler then it is a challenge. Don't really care about the FUD issue because personally I don't want to know why Bitcoin fell this deep to $23K because when I know it always has an impact on the mentality of holding Bitcoin and remembering the value in the wallet. Accumulate and keep accumulating until you reach a certain target.  Cool

███████████████████████████████
█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Dictator69

Activity: 109
Merit: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 07:05:20 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Reason Behind this dump or small dump?

I was awake at the time when BTC crashes in just matter of minutes. (It was night here at that time). I was observing the market and began to think what the reason behind it would be. Then I slept and today I found one article posted on Coin telegraph website which covered 5 reasons that are not 100% accurate or confirmed reasons but it is what it is:

1. Elon's company SpaceX sold a lot of BTC (worth more than 350+ million dollars).
2. Fear of an increment in Interest rate.
3. Some Financial analysist says the bond yield was going up.
4. Devaluation of Chinese Yuan.
5. Some says, market was dumped by whales to enter into ETH, as just after the dump ETH ETF got approved.

To be honest I knew less but after reading such articles i can say i am improving day by day. Here is what I think, Fear of an increase in high interest rate and the yield bonds getting high are related to each other because in BTC there comes volatility but lending money to government do assure them returns at least plus the pressure of High interest rate also encouraged people to put money into government instead of BTC. Devaluation of Chinese yuan already affected the price of BTC once in past in 2015. (Already written in the article). Point is i quite not really understand if they are not adopting BTC like they banned it then how their currency could directly affect the BTC price because back in 2015 they did not ban BTC like they did it now.

Lastly, this ETH shit to buy more ETH they sold BTC. I am not buying this shit but let's say some people do not respect BTC or decentralization they respect money, and they are whales i think so it might be a reason too. Well, i can say one thing for sure that this is just a temporary thing, and we should not panic instead those who have fiat should take entries by doing DCA. Because in the long run BTC is there to stay. One more thing that really excites me back in 2020 the RSI of BTC was same as was today.

I am not seeing at the lowest RSI point (tbh i do not know what that mean is but i will learn about it too) the thing which i noticed is, back then after touching that RSI point BTC consistently went up to the new ATH does it mean now BTC will also go to that point.
Odohu

Activity: 378
Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 07:24:12 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Personally, I have doubts about any kind of rush to necessarily learn things that you might not have the time and/or energies to learn, and sure if you have some chances to learn more technical aspects of bitcoin, then surely there is nothing wrong with that.... but I would not necessarily conclude that it is healthy to get too focused on the trees and thereby end up losing sight of the forest - because their are a whole lot of angles to bitcoin and there are a whole lot of people who still can value greatly from bitcoin without learning how to code or whatever you might speculate to be some kind of a technical barrier and/or handicap that you might have.
I actually have passion for coding. I have attempted coding when I was in the university but due to the academic workload, which I could not combine with learning new skill, I had to drop coding. After graduation, I started white collar job which also rarely give me time to do any other thing. So, me going back to coding is a kind of passion driven and not necessarily because I want to do it because of Bitcoin.

Oh?  That actually sounds like a good idea, if you are going to do something that you already want to do, and even if bitcoin gives you a further incentive to do it, there is nothing wrong with that, and surely you might be able to figure out some kind of a particular niche for yourself or if you do end up studying the coding, you may well even figure out some various angles that you had never thought about previously and potentially be able to share some of those learnings with forum members or even possibly find some angles to bitcoin that others had not seen (which surely is a higher aspirational level, but it does not hurt to have more people looking at various aspects of bitcoin's code whether it is on the first layer or some higher up layers or perhaps some applications that might need some more eyes upon their code).  
It is actually passion-driven. Some of my happiest days in the university was when I could transform polynomial equation and multi-dimensional matrix into computer programs which I can vary the input data to study the corresponding outputs. We applied this in our school work in modeling different engineering systems. It was fun and fulfilling but short-lived. Well, these were basic programing done with MatLab, Visual Basic and Excel. To make a career in programming, one needed to learn more advanced languages like Java, Python, C++ and more; this I could not do because I had to find a job to survive... that was the reality on ground. Besides, the funding for such adventure was not there as I am not fortunate to come from country where there systems grant students access to academic loans. Had I had any means of surviving for the interim then, I would have pursued a career in coding.

I have not actually jettisoned the idea entirely because the passion is still there. So, it is a matter of time before I start all over again.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Tony116
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1023

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 08:31:46 AM

Therefore I don't really target the old age range, I target young people, adults and at least those generations where the Internet existed when it was born.
No doubt, Bitcoin resonate more with younger people... this is expected anyways. The Internet generation will always love anything Internet related so it will be easier communicating with them in this regard. Nevertheless, I know a handful of elderly that have interest in Bitcoin... but it is not worth wasting time teacher the older generation about Bitcoin unless perhaps the aim is to suggest to them to buy Bitcoin for their heirs which is a wise counsel.

I disagree with this, bitcoin is for everyone, and we need to teach bitcoin to anyone who is interested in bitcoin. It's not fair and disrespectful when you ignore the elders and focus only on the younger ones.

I do not deny that young people will be the future of the country and they are more open to new things. But there are also many elderly people who are always eager to learn new things, and we should not ignore them, should not underestimate the elderly. The future of bitcoin, of the world belongs to the young but don't forget the elders who built this world, and maybe Satoshi is also one of the old generations that created bitcoin for our young generation.

If I remember correctly, on our forum there was also a bitcoiner named Jet Cash and he was over 80 years old. I guess he is the oldest investor we have, but his enthusiasm and faith in bitcoin is many times greater than the younger investors we have.  Bitcoin is for everyone, we should not discriminate and ignore anyone especially older people and poorer people, they have the right to know bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
naira

Activity: 1974
Merit: 586

Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 09:02:52 AM

snip~~~
No doubt, Bitcoin resonate more with younger people... this is expected anyways. The Internet generation will always love anything Internet related so it will be easier communicating with them in this regard. Nevertheless, I know a handful of elderly that have interest in Bitcoin... but it is not worth wasting time teacher the older generation about Bitcoin unless perhaps the aim is to suggest to them to buy Bitcoin for their heirs which is a wise counsel.

I disagree with this, bitcoin is for everyone, and we need to teach bitcoin to anyone who is interested in bitcoin. It's not fair and disrespectful when you ignore the elders and focus only on the younger ones.

I do not deny that young people will be the future of the country and they are more open to new things. But there are also many elderly people who are always eager to learn new things, and we should not ignore them, should not underestimate the elderly. The future of bitcoin, of the world belongs to the young but don't forget the elders who built this world, and maybe Satoshi is also one of the old generations that created bitcoin for our young generation.

If I remember correctly, on our forum there was also a bitcoiner named Jet Cash and he was over 80 years old. I guess he is the oldest investor we have, but his enthusiasm and faith in bitcoin is many times greater than the younger investors we have.  Bitcoin is for everyone, we should not discriminate and ignore anyone especially older people and poorer people, they have the right to know bitcoin.

Since I'm relating it to the age range, let me explain to you why to say it. And what you say is true, but emphasize that I do not discredit parents, so please understand more broadly that what I say is based on the surrounding environment and is stated here. So that when there is no match with your place or the people you know, it's natural. Regardless of old and young, of course I agree, but once again that parents in my area and your area must have a different level of understanding. Generally, parents are more focused on investing in assets that have a low level of risk. Given his old age, think about the benefits of retirement benefits, health insurance, and inheritance.

When referring to certain individuals, I don't think all parents have the same way of thinking or paradigm as the members you mentioned. Different backgrounds will show different results. You should consider this from the start when talking about individuals with their own investment goals. I'm not forbidding parents to invest in Bitcoin, but we also need to be responsible for the advice that will be given to parents who only look at it from a profit standpoint but are not prepared for losses. For example today Bitcoin touched $23K and are parents ready to see their portfolio shrink? then compare it with the stability of low-risk investment assets. whenever parents need funds to pay for health insurance they will not lose too much.

Again, compare it to young people who see a bearish market with a broad mind. They can find information quickly. There are 2 possibilities, namely selling or accumulation and Hodl. It depends on how you think, right?

█████████
▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███
▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████
▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████
███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀████████
████
███▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████
██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄███████
███████
▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████
▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
RECEIVE BONUS

[ NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED ]
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Odohu

Merit: 340

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 10:19:18 AM

Therefore I don't really target the old age range, I target young people, adults and at least those generations where the Internet existed when it was born.

Tony you might actually be misunderstanding us a little. We are not disputing the fact that Bitcoin is for everyone because almost all of us in this forum will be super excited seeing Bitcoin sit comfortably in the mainstream and being a legal tender in all jurisdiction of the world.This is our utmost aspiration. We were actually talking with respect to the technology behind Bitcoin. You will agree with me that understanding the technology behind Bitcoin will make one appreciate the entire concept as well as the role of Bitcoin in the future we crave. This understanding is easier for the computer age and the tech savvy guys.

The older guys understand and appreciate Bitcoin more from the angle of investment that is why most of those having a firm grip of Bitcoin holding are the older guys because they know how to build and sustain wealth and so far, Bitcoin have proven to be a good source for that. Besides, computer was not started by our generation... there were computer gurus then and I guess the founder and creator of Bitcoin is not that young. So the resonate we mean is in terms of ease of understanding.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Activity: 574
Merit: 515

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 10:49:09 AM

Bitcoin crash, don't panic, we are still expecting a buy dip, I will try to enter at the current lowest price.

It's not a problem when the price returns to bearish, it's an opportunity to accumulate more bitcoins at a discount with this we still have time and continue to buy at the lowest price. Take advantage of the situation that exists only for Bitcoin to be a good choice.

You are meant to have set your buy orders while you wait for the dip to go down. One can wait to buy at a lower price, and the market can just begin to recover again. Some weeks ago, I was just giving an example of someone who expected to buy Bitcoin at $25k, but after their desired price was reached, they still decided to readjust the order so they could buy at $23k. It could happen that the price does not drop to the new expected level.

Although I usually set my buy order before hand, recently I have had no buy order. Just yesterday I saw how the Bitcoin price was behaving, and I decided to set an order to buy at $25,500. Surprisingly, to me, it got executed. Even if the price goes a bit low, at least I took advantage of what I consider a price dip yesterday.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ricardo11

Merit: 43

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 01:21:05 PM

Holdings is very important in an investor's life, because if we want to achieve anything good, we must hold the holdings. Holding is the key to achieving good things. But before that we must buy at the right time. And the right time to buy is at the Dip. We should all be buy the Dip and holding. If we can buy the Dip, keep holding all the time, we will be able to achieve the highest success of our life.

martinex

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 02:01:28 PM

But we have to realize that each cycle has its own story, even though the movements can be said to be similar.
For now I think it's better to split your monthly DCA funds in anticipation of regretting the continued decline in order to get the Dip price in this month.

Yes, Interesting analysis and reasonable recommendations from you, Yes. DCA is a real solution for a time like this. But, if we pay attention to several trading exchanges, there are also many people playing the short-term type, assuming that they accumulate profits for a while, and if the timing is considered right, then they will enter into the main event buy again. and hodl for the time that is considered maximum.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 588
Merit: 409

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 02:55:09 PM

This period is not a season of i don't know what to do or an avenue to make a serious mistake releasing what you have hodl just because of the bearish market experience we had spontaneously within a day, sometimes it happens that you will have to experience dip for the market to boom up, now that we all that bitcoin is going towards the 2024 Halving should be a ground for as many as possible to have the opportunity of investing and holding, if this is not felt, how are we going to have new investors coming in to partook in the opportunity, there will always be this volatility chance to rise and fall till we get to where we are going, if you have already invested, then keep on holding.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 04:11:25 PM

....I don't know if you are into computer programming or computer related stuffs because I understand that Bitcoin resonate more with people like that given its technical nature.

I would not characterize myself as much of a techie.. and sometimes the techies get caught up into shitcoins because they find the shitcoins to be more flexible in their programmability.. .. so I am not sure if techies get bitcoin earlier than others, even though they likely have a lot of advantages in terms of understanding ways to protect their stash.. but even some techies can get caught up in their own tech and screw things up which seems to have contributed to how Luke Dasher had ended up losing around 200 BTC last year.
odohu has a point; it was my interest in computers and related tech, specifically distributed computing projects like folding@home and SETI@home, that gave me a head start in bitcoin.

ie back in the day (say 2011/2012), many peeps 1st experience with btc was buying from an exchange (mtgox maybe..) which takes a lot faith and trust in that exchange especially when sending kyc docs or btc to.

so for the 1st few years my coins were basically mined with GPUs (and later fpga) directly.. no exchange used. that alone gives a bit of a head start.. so when btc began gaining value some of us already had some that we had just hodled as really there wasnt much else to do with btc back then..

There's really no way that I can disagree with your assessment that you personally came into bitcoin from more of a techie kind of angle than the way that I ended up coming into bitcoin, and it seems that I pushed back a little harder on Odohu's assertion partially because he seemed to be assuming that the tech-minded folks had advantages in terms of their both getting into bitcoin early and that they would have more readily understood bitcoin in a better kind of way that gave them conviction to mostly HODL rather than overly selling too many coins too soon.

Currently Bitcoin is price of 29K that still much lower than the expected price which still serves as an opportunity for investors.

I would suggest not to get your expectations up too high.  Sure, it is good to consider upside scenarios, but we also should consider both downside and flat scenarios, and it seems to be an unhealthy perspective to consider $29k as if it was "overly suppressed" or some other kind of sentiment like that, even if there might be some truth to it.

Sure, we might be arguing somewhat about semantics because I am likely of a pretty similar conclusion to you in regards to the BTC price being low in light of historical context and in terms of the 200-week moving average, but that does not cause me to take for granted that the next likely step is UP rather than down or sideways.

So surely another way of framing any question regarding where we are at versus where we might be going is to attempt to put bitcoin in a kind of framework while still considering UP as one of the possible directions, but even if you might assign higher odds to up rather than down or sideways, that does not even mean that the higher odds will happen.

So let's say that you assign your odds as follows:  40% up  / 28%  down  and / 32% sideways.. so even if you assign the highest of odds to UPpity, you cannot assume those others to be zero or even lower than they actually are.

Sure, you might come up with different numbers than me.. and sure let's give it a timeframe of within the next year, so we should have both time and price... so what are you going to do?  Are you going to refuse to assign values to the other possible scenarios or just talk about them as if they are zero just because they are lower than what you believe to be the more likely scenario?  whether you are correct or not, that's likely even another question.

but even some techies can get caught up in their own tech and screw things up which seems to have contributed to how Luke Dasher had ended up losing around 200 BTC last year.
Wow this is a mistake someone will rue for a long time. 200 BTC is such a big number. I will not be able to forgive myself if anything close to that happen to me.

One of the ironies in the situation seems to be a bit of a surprise from some folks in regards to the number of BTC that Luke had when he was seeming to continuously pleading poverty, and I am not even suggesting that he was misleading anyone since he is a kind of well known developer who has contributed quite a bit... and so sure, maybe there going to be some seeming contradictions in some situations when some facts might come to be known that seem to conflict with other previously asserted (or maybe previously assumed) facts.

How did this actually happen? Maybe I can learn one or two thing from it.

There are probably some forum threads on the topic.. it seems that I might even be following some of them.. .but I had not seen anything posted recently..

I did a quick google search on the topic, and if you are interested in more then at least this article will give you something to springboard off of..

https://decrypt.co/118231/bitcoin-core-dev-loses-at-least-3-6-million-btc-to-hack 

Some have blamed him for being too arrogant in terms of some of the more basic wallets would have likely given him better security than his own seemingly make-shift systems... and surely he is not being criticized in regards to his technical skills prowess, but there have been assertions that there is some value in terms of various open-source systems receiving more scrutiny than some systems that we might create for ourselves and then not be able to adequately see their vulnerabilities well enough in order to protect ourselves from such vulnerabilities.

odohu has a point; it was my interest in computers and related tech, specifically distributed computing projects like folding@home and SETI@home, that gave me a head start in bitcoin.

so for the 1st few years my coins were basically mined with GPUs (and later fpga) directly.. no exchange used. that alone gives a bit of a head start.. so when btc began gaining value some of us already had some that we had just hodled as really there wasnt much else to do with btc back then..
Glad you confirmed my observation. Your name alone sound techie... pardon me as no offense was intended. People like us that are not deep into computer related stuffs still struggle to make sense of the technical aspect of Bitcoin. We tend to hide when the deep things like entropy, nodes, hash etc are being discussed. Conversely, for someone that is already into programing, Bitcoin will be like home-coming. Well, I guess I will put coding as a future plan... probably when I get some financial stability and get off 9/5 system that is making one work like elephant while eating like ant.

Sometimes, I do look to some of the techies to help me to figure out some of the issues, and there frequently be people who have knowledge in one direction who will attempt to lord it over you, and there were several of us who ended up NOT buying into the various techie BIG blocker arguments in 2016/2017/2018 and still sometimes brought up more recently, so there can be value in terms of engaging in critical thinking and sometimes being able to identify when someone is trying to lord your lack of knowledge over you. and sure sometimes I am way out of my league when I make some posts in some of the more techie threads of the forum, and sure sometimes I will still attempt to read some of those threads because sometimes there still can be some useful information that I understand and some technical people do have better ways of framing matters than others and they are not necessarily trying to trick you.

Just being good with technology doesn't automatically mean you'll be good at trading or know what to do with things like bitcoin dips and holding onto it. In 2018, I started learning about designing user interfaces and experiences (UI/UX). Over the next few years, I got jobs where I created websites and mobile apps for different areas. This gave me a chance to work with people all around the world and learn about making products.

In 2021, I met a client who was into something called "web 3" and cryptocurrencies. I worked for them, designing apps and things related to crypto. One of the things I worked on is called "tatspace" and the "tataspace trader bot". This helped me learn about crypto and bitcoin. That's how I got interested in it. Slowly, I started buying some bitcoin with the money I earned from my work, and now I have a small collection of it.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're good with technology, it's a bonus if you're interested in bitcoin. While learning about bitcoin, you won't find the technical stuff too hard, and it won't take you a long time to get used to it and become good at it.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
red4slash

Activity: 1288
Merit: 425

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 04:23:54 PM

Holdings is very important in an investor's life, because if we want to achieve anything good, we must hold the holdings. Holding is the key to achieving good things. But before that we must buy at the right time. And the right time to buy is at the Dip. We should all be buy the Dip and holding. If we can buy the Dip, keep holding all the time, we will be able to achieve the highest success of our life.
I agree, holding on tight is the way to benefit in the future, especially when it's bitcoin (I wouldn't recommend it for all coins). Buying at the lowest price of course will always be the best price to buy, but will we really know when the lowest price is touched? in fact many people are still scared when the price of bitcoin touched tens of thousands some time ago.
Well in this case there must be a strategy used, and DCA is a strategy that is widely recommended, including myself doing it. The strategy is one of the answers to this problem.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Agbamoni

Activity: 322
Merit: 286

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 04:30:11 PM

Tony you might actually be misunderstanding us a little. We are not disputing the fact that Bitcoin is for everyone because almost all of us in this forum will be super excited seeing Bitcoin sit comfortably in the mainstream and being a legal tender in all jurisdiction of the world.This is our utmost aspiration. We were actually talking with respect to the technology behind Bitcoin. You will agree with me that understanding the technology behind Bitcoin will make one appreciate the entire concept as well as the role of Bitcoin in the future we crave. This understanding is easier for the computer age and the tech savvy guys.

The older guys understand and appreciate Bitcoin more from the angle of investment that is why most of those having a firm grip of Bitcoin holding are the older guys because they know how to build and sustain wealth and so far, Bitcoin have proven to be a good source for that. Besides, computer was not started by our generation... there were computer gurus then and I guess the founder and creator of Bitcoin is not that young. So the resonate we mean is in terms of ease of understanding.

Odohu I think Tony focuses on the point that niara said about a waste of time teaching the older one's bitcoin unless to advise them to invest. And I'm on Tony's side here. You see, our main goal is to make bitcoin widely accepted everywhere, so it becomes a strong and recognized thing globally. So, why would we leave out the older generation?

Now, talking about the technology behind bitcoin, it's important to teach older folks about it. This helps them tell the difference between real opportunities and fake schemes, which keeps their money safe. If they don't know how to use bitcoin wallets or apps, how can they invest? Plus, these wallets and apps are part of the whole bitcoin technology thing. Don't we want them to stay connected in a world that's going digital all the time?

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
salad daging

Activity: 1652
Merit: 798

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2023, 05:36:39 PM

You are meant to have set your buy orders while you wait for the dip to go down. One can wait to buy at a lower price, and the market can just begin to recover again. Some weeks ago, I was just giving an example of someone who expected to buy Bitcoin at $25k, but after their desired price was reached, they still decided to readjust the order so they could buy at $23k. It could happen that the price does not drop to the new expected level.
Not setting orders when overnight bitcoin fell I bought at $26K it was already a low point and a good "buy the dip" IMO.
I waited for the dip price for a long time but this time due to the market going down, I made an entry at that price, it doesn't matter if you get a buy order at $25.5K but at the price you bought it is enough for me, even though it's not about short-term profits but I want to accumulate to reach 1 BTC a little more, the current hope is maybe 30% for the portfolio to touch 1 BTC.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10221

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 18, 2023, 06:53:04 PM
Merited by Tony116 (1)

I agree with everything that you said Tony116 - yet surely, I think that it remains important to point out that there can be some difficulties in terms of some older people to actually begin to invest into BTC if they cannot have any kind of high confidence of an investment timeline of 4-10 years or longer, and surely, even if they are not able to commit to at least a 4 year investment timeline, that still might not preclude them from investing into bitcoin, but it surely might either affect the level of their abilities to be aggressive in their bitcoin investment but also the amounts that they might even allocate to bitcoin.

I do personally suggest that any newbie is within an acceptable bitcoin starting range if s/he considers a 1-25% allocation into bitcoin (in terms of measuring their overall quasi-liquid investment portfolio assets), and so for example if someone were to consider that 10% would be adequate for themselves to get started into bitcoin; however, if such person is older (maybe 70 or 80 years old?), then they may well have to consider a lower than 10% number - mainly based on the uncertainties within a 4 year timeline, including extreme volatility concerns.. and including that they might need some of their capital to be liquid in much shorter than 4 year timelines..  but still that same person could well still consider a smaller allocation, like 5% or even something lower than that - even though if all things were equal and if they had a longer timeline, they may well be able to justify 10% allocations into bitcoin,

so timeline can surely make a decently BIG difference in terms how anyone my look at their own practical abilities to even invest into bitcoin or how aggressive that they might be able to be, if they do choose to take some kind of a bitcoin stake.

Although I usually set my buy order before hand, recently I have had no buy order. Just yesterday I saw how the Bitcoin price was behaving, and I decided to set an order to buy at $25,500. Surprisingly, to me, it got executed. Even if the price goes a bit low, at least I took advantage of what I consider a price dip yesterday.

This is a good point Dr.Bitcoin_Strange.  Sure, there may well be some advantages in terms of having some flexibilities in terms of where to place BTC buy orders, yet at the same time, we can get misled in terms to figuring out when the down correction is going to either stop or reverse... so time and time again, guys can end up getting way too greedy in terms of thinking that they can figure out a lower bottom and thereby failing to sufficiently/adequately prepare themselves for UP at any given price point, even if they might have ONLY executed a few buy orders between $25.6k (our current low) and $29k-ish (the starting point of our most recent downward breaking).

[edited out]
Just being good with technology doesn't automatically mean you'll be good at trading or know what to do with things like bitcoin dips and holding onto it. In 2018, I started learning about designing user interfaces and experiences (UI/UX). Over the next few years, I got jobs where I created websites and mobile apps for different areas. This gave me a chance to work with people all around the world and learn about making products.

In 2021, I met a client who was into something called "web 3" and cryptocurrencies. I worked for them, designing apps and things related to crypto. One of the things I worked on is called "tatspace" and the "tataspace trader bot". This helped me learn about crypto and bitcoin. That's how I got interested in it. Slowly, I started buying some bitcoin with the money I earned from my work, and now I have a small collection of it.

What I'm trying to say is, if you're good with technology, it's a bonus if you're interested in bitcoin. While learning about bitcoin, you won't find the technical stuff too hard, and it won't take you a long time to get used to it and become good at it.

I agree with several of your points, yet I must mention that you surely do not need to cite the whole post, so it is usually better to ONLY cite the portion of the post that you are referring to (rather than the whole post).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 ... 412 »
  Print  

Jump to: