Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 404 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77110 times)
snowpega

Activity: 350
Merit: 190

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2023, 11:40:13 AM

I like to think about the non-steady income in a couple of parts.

The first part is just figuring out what is your worst-case scenarios, what are your best case scenarios and what is your average... So then with that information you can try to project ahead, and most likely mostly using some combination of the worst-case scenarios and the average in order to figure out how much money you need to keep in your emergency fund in order to cover those situations in which the worst-case scenarios ended up playing out rather than the average case scenarios.

So, even though not necessarily likely worst-case scenarios could end up playing out for 6-12 months or more, and so the emergency cash fund should be able to cover the gap between what you need to live and what kind of income is coming in.  Hopefully, you are already spending (your monthly expenses) ......
Thank you for adding further clarification to this; I consider this information very helpful and I know other people do too. A lot of people in this forum might actually fall into this category of unsteady cashflow and this information will be very helpful for those who will be able to digest and implement it.

From your explanation, it is obvious that a simple averaging of upper and lower limits might not be  as efficient as keeping in mind the worst-case situation. As student, it is easy getting $10 per week for low income country oike mine  but sometimes it gets as high as $50. For a student in this situation that want to start investing in Bitcoin, a DCA of $10 per week will be more feasible

Hi there

hope y'll doing very well today i was just going through here and i read these discussion you guys having with each other i found it interesting so i thought i must share my experience as well. A couple of months ago i was just waiting for the BTC dip like well as i expected BTC will go for 20,000 it wouldn't reach there. we all know the aspect that we can't time the market anytime we can just make some prediction according to the previous history analysis so that's what i do....well when BTC price came to 25700 i bought some amount of BTC according to the savings i had but i didn't invest my all amount at once  then i still expected btc go more down and literally it happened after that very next week BTC price came more down i was about i guess 24800 and i did more investment and seriously i found DCA as very good technique it make my whole portfolio in profite and i still waiting btc to go more down like i think it can still go to the around 23 to half of 24 thousand what you guys say about that must share you opinion with me it will add up to my knowledge and information as well Many Thanks.

Kind regards

snowpega

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
red4slash

Activity: 1274
Merit: 424

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 12:42:33 PM

The first part is just figuring out what is your worst-case scenarios, what are your best case scenarios and what is your average... So then with that information you can try to project ahead, and most likely mostly using some combination of the worst-case scenarios and the average in order to figure out how much money you need to keep in your emergency fund in order to cover those situations in which the worst-case scenarios ended up playing out rather than the average case scenarios.

So, even though not necessarily likely worst-case scenarios could end up playing out for 6-12 months or more, and so the emergency cash fund should be able to cover the gap between what you need to live and what kind of income is coming in.  Hopefully, you are already spending (your monthly expenses) somewhere less than your average case scenario which should then cause for an ability to invest (or DCA) with part of the amount that you are living below your average case scenario. and sure if the worse case scenario persists for a long time, you may well end up needing to either reduce or eliminate your DCA purchases of bitcoin, but if you have planned in advance you should not necessarily need to stop your DCA, and for sure, you do not want to end up putting yourself in a position in which you end up having to sell any of your BTC during periods in which worse case scenarios are playing out.. which likely would mean that you had not sufficiently prepared in terms of your emergency fund and/or the ways that you had been choosing to live in order to make sure that you are generally living below the amount of your average case scenarios rather than spending more than that.
Thank you for adding further clarification to this; I consider this information very helpful and I know other people do too. A lot of people in this forum might actually fall into this category of unsteady cashflow and this information will be very helpful for those who will be able to digest and implement it.

From your explanation, it is obvious that a simple averaging of upper and lower limits might not be  as efficient as keeping in mind the worst-case situation. As student, it is easy getting $10 per week for low income country oike mine  but sometimes it gets as high as $50. For a student in this situation that want to start investing in Bitcoin, a DCA of $10 per week will be more feasible
In other words, we should not only have a strategy when our finances are stable to do this DCA, but we must also have a scenario when the worst situation comes to us. I am someone who believes that bad things can come at any time, and in this conversation we are focusing more on our financial situation.

Don't get too comfortable with the situation, because that's actually something that will make it harder for us in the future. For example, we are doing well right now, and we forget what the future will be like. Because no one knows what will happen one week, one month or one year ahead, so we must be able to prepare for it as well as possible.
And if we are in a situation like that, maybe we should reduce or even stop the DCA that we have been doing, I agree with that.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2023, 02:31:26 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

Hi there

hope y'll doing very well today i was just going through here and i read these discussion you guys having with each other i found it interesting so i thought i must share my experience as well. A couple of months ago i was just waiting for the BTC dip like well as i expected BTC will go for 20,000 it wouldn't reach there. we all know the aspect that we can't time the market anytime we can just make some prediction according to the previous history analysis so that's what i do....well when BTC price came to 25700 i bought some amount of BTC according to the savings i had but i didn't invest my all amount at once  then i still expected btc go more down and literally it happened after that very next week BTC price came more down i was about i guess 24800 and i did more investment and seriously i found DCA as very good technique it make my whole portfolio in profite and i still waiting btc to go more down like i think it can still go to the around 23 to half of 24 thousand what you guys say about that must share you opinion with me it will add up to my knowledge and information as well Many Thanks.

Kind regards

snowpega
Good Day,
Thank you for your submission and also congratulations for choosing to invest in Bitcoin. It might just be one of your best decision you have taken.

Any approach you adopt to accumulate Bitcoin is not bad as long as it is increasing your portfolio. A lot of people are using your option of waiting for the dips to buy and since we are still in a relatively undecided market condition, they have been right buying at every dip. This will continue until we have a bull market where market might not give them the chance to buy again because dips might be rare to see.

The DCA method does not really look at price... so the option of waiting to buy at the dip does not really agree with DCA. If you are employing DCA, then waiting for the dips will not be necessary... so I guess you have some modifications to make regarding your approach so you don't miss our on major move that can start any moment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 04:13:10 PM

~~.. and maybe even having some ideas about how long it might take to replenish that fund in the future.. 3-6 months?  maybe a year?
That's what hinders my investment rate if I have to act aggressively in a bear market situation. Yes, to cover emergency fund reserves will take time and that could hinder one of the DCA options that I have done so far. So at this point the cushion we have is not too strong to move aggressively in accumulating BTC so I have to adjust this step well so as not to disturb me at the DCA level at each stage. However, for those who have large emergency fund reserves, they can certainly move more aggressively in the last few days to accumulate BTC below $26k. In this case, every decision is certainly supported by their financial aspects and will not interfere with their DCA strategy.
Why most people aggressively invest in Bitcoin others still sees it as a ton of luck or risk. Bitcoin has so many factors compiled together so as to successfully achieve enough profits at its bull run, factors like risk management and market analysis are all to be put together.

Just thinking about two friends, David and Alex, who heard about bitcoin in 2014, David invested small amounts of his savings into it. The price of bitcoin has increased significantly since that time, and David put in some risk management strategies and took profits a few times. On the other hand, Alex learned about his friend's enormous gains and hastily invested all of his savings in bitcoin before the major correction of the last bull run. Later, he sold his bitcoin at a loss. They both invested in the same market, but their risk management strategies differed.

Aggressive investors in bitcoin know about the market. They must consider some factors like historical repercussions, decentralization, finite supply, diversification, adoption, and utility. All these show a very bullish sign that bitcoin is going to be the next financial savior when the petrodollar is collapsing very fast. There wasn't any better alternative than gold before, but bitcoin's scarcity makes it more valuable than gold, and there is no reason to believe it will stop its growth in the future.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10194

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 04:33:09 PM

Hi there

Kind regards

snowpega
Good Day,
Thank you for your submission and also congratulations for choosing to invest in Bitcoin. It might just be one of your best decision you have taken.

Any approach you adopt to accumulate Bitcoin is not bad as long as it is increasing your portfolio. A lot of people are using your option of waiting for the dips to buy and since we are still in a relatively undecided market condition, they have been right buying at every dip. This will continue until we have a bull market where market might not give them the chance to buy again because dips might be rare to see.

The DCA method does not really look at price... so the option of waiting to buy at the dip does not really agree with DCA. If you are employing DCA, then waiting for the dips will not be necessary... so I guess you have some modifications to make regarding your approach so you don't miss our on major move that can start any moment.

To me, it is a bit unclear what @snowpega is doing since he seems to be DCA'ing and also buying on dips, and there is nothing wrong with that so long as the person doing the BTC accumulating is still going to be sufficiently happy with what s/he had done if the BTC price ends up not dipping down to the expected prices whether that is going into the $23-$24k range or even dipping into some kind of an area that approaches $20k per BTC.

To me it continues to seem unrealistic to be putting too many hopes into buying on further dips when we are still more than $1k below the 200-week moving average.. yet at the same time, there is nothing wrong with having some lump sum amounts that might be on the sidelines and ready to buy at various price points if the BTC price does end up dipping.. It just seems to be a common mistake for newbies to end up holding too much in reserves in order to prepare for dips that might not end up happening.. so it seems that the main solution is to think through the scenarios ..and maybe even roughly plot them out, and get to some kind of position in which you are happy with either price direction while being prepared for either..

Of course, @snowpega has been registered on the forum for a year, but we cannot necessarily presume that s/he has been accumulating BTC for that long.. but sometimes it can be helpful to figure out some of the time lines in which people had been investing and what their strategies had been in order to attempt to figure out where they might be in their BTC accumulation journey... and even the other day, I was thinking about how long it can take to get up to 1 years worth of income saved up.. 5-10 years if we are lucky, and many people end up taking longer than 10 years to get to a point in which they have 1 years income (or at least 1 year of how much it costs them to live - so their expenses) saved up (or somehow invested in ways that could be considered as quasi-liquid - even if some of the sources of savings are time-locked, like retirement accounts).

So might we assume that most people who are less than 5 years investing have not even gotten to 1 years salary saved up?  and maybe I am setting the goals too high?  because even a person who has 20% to 50% of his/her annual salary/expenses saved up will start to have way more flexibility as compared to someone who is just starting out, and sure there tends to be a combination of cash and BTC that could be being built up, so even if the person is not DCA'ing most of it into bitcoin, there can quite a bit of value in regards to having the fiat savings available that can be injected into bitcoin because of another fact that most people do not have a sufficient amount of an emergency fund saved up, which is enough to support themselves for 3-6 months.. if their worse case scenario ends up playing out.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 770
Merit: 615

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2023, 05:49:16 PM

Another factor can be based on the increase in price of goods and services in a country, whereby the persons salary no longer meets the requirements of the things that is needed to sustain one's self. I think that have enough effect to alter one's DCAing in accumulating Bitcoin
IMO when you say the actual salary factor it doesn't change any views on the DCA issue.
Indeed, now we are in a really difficult condition and sometimes the income we have is very sufficient with expenses that are getting more and more expensive, but when we understand and can manage those needs well, investing and doing DCA will not be hampered by that because we can adjust the budget we have from the income in a month for daily needs including unexpected needs and to be in investment.
I think we already understand and can be flexible with something like this because of course the initial concept should start when thinking that this investment is only a portion or a few per cent of what we collect from the monthly salary.
This should be brought into a stated fact that inflation can harm one's level of DCAing.
If there should be an inflation in a country economy and the salary of that person remains the same there must be an effect on the person's method of accumulating Bitcoin. Not minding the emergency and most people get into debt as a result of there salary not meeting up to there basic need
Investment is not to trouble ourselves if indeed we are eventually affected by inflation and the worst possibility is that we cannot continue while the DCA is done then I think it will not be a problem because we invest not to trouble ourselves and remember this investment is only as a support for us to enjoy the old age that we hope to be beautiful.
Rather than in the end this will hamper our needs by forcing investment which of course will also not be able to be done properly then I think in this case fulfil the needs of life that we will do first.
If necessary, we can also sell some of the investments that we have built before (if they are profitable) to cover the needs we have so that we can be free from the inflation we receive.
Remember, this investment also aims to make changes to our lives so that when our lives are threatened, which can be said to be primary, it is not wrong to temporarily stop the investment we are doing because it is secondary rather than torturing ourselves with increasingly difficult conditions.
But in this case, hopefully we can avoid the worst possibility and still be able to support ourselves and our families properly and not leave our investments.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
BABY SHOES

Activity: 308
Merit: 436

HODL - BTC

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 09:00:58 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Godday (1)

I did most of my DCA into BTC between November 2013 and early 2017.. . .and I did a bit of DCA after 2017 too.
That's quite a long initial journey with DCA that you are doing.... Maybe I will start like that at the start of this year until the next few years, I'm not sure how long it will last but my own target is 2032. Is that realistic? Of course I will try my best.

One thing that is so great about DCA is that you can figure out for yourself, and sure, if you end up getting a $500 to $1k bonus once or twice a year, then you are going to have options regarding how you choose to spend that $500 to $1k extra when it comes in, and you may well end up choosing to buy BTC with it right away rather than spreading out your BTC purchases.. It is not always an easy choice to figure out how to employ extra cash when it comes in.. especially if you feel that you don't frequently come across extra cash. but the more you go through with buying BTC regularly, at some point you might decide that you are going to divide that lump sum into three parts in order to allocate 1/3 towards each (Lump sum, DCA and buying on dips), and then there might be some other times in which you feel that you want to strategize your purchases to buy on dips, and you might divide the lump sum into 3, but instead keep it all in one category, which is to buy on dips.. so you might buy 1/3 right away, and then the 2/3 to buy after a $1.5k drop in price if it happens and the 3/3 part, you might assign to buying that amount upon a BTC price drop of 4,680.

Those are your choices, and it seems to me that the more BTC that you get, the less stressed that you are in regards to buying BTC right away with your extra cash, and you become more wiling to set your BTC buy prices and just wait for the BTC price to come to you, and hopefully you are not too greedy in the places where you set your purchase prices, because if you already have enough BTC, the you are not worried about the BTC price going up because you already have enough BTC.
Yes, now I understand the DCA method and know the benefits myself. Expenditures will now be even tighter after the DCA planning has started. Before doing this I always shopped for non-essential items so for now, unnecessary expenses will no longer be used and it's more important to be strict on DCA than anything else.

In a normal year I always get a bonus from work several times but this time I haven't received it from the office. What is clear is that I already have this plan and will put it in BTC, but I also have a choice between buying it in a lump sum or in several part like you said, on the one hand I want to separate DCA and lump sum with different wallets and also with different records in the spreadsheet, it's clear in my opinion the results will be greater in DCA planning than lump sum because the bonus money cannot be determined how big it is but that in my mind is separate.

Even now I have to be a little more adaptable, the need is increasing day by day, I have to save a little more so I can do more DCA well and strictly.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
SHUFFLE.COM███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████    ████    ██
Next Generation Crypto Casino
██    ████    ████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Dewi Aries
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1091

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 09:14:23 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), udidrone (1)

I did most of my DCA into BTC between November 2013 and early 2017.. . .and I did a bit of DCA after 2017 too.
That's quite a long initial journey with DCA that you are doing.... Maybe I will start like that at the start of this year until the next few years, I'm not sure how long it will last but my own target is 2032. Is that realistic? Of course I will try my best.

One thing that is so great about DCA is that you can figure out for yourself, and sure, if you end up getting a $500 to $1k bonus once or twice a year, then you are going to have options regarding how you choose to spend that $500 to $1k extra when it comes in, and you may well end up choosing to buy BTC with it right away rather than spreading out your BTC purchases.. It is not always an easy choice to figure out how to employ extra cash when it comes in.. especially if you feel that you don't frequently come across extra cash. but the more you go through with buying BTC regularly, at some point you might decide that you are going to divide that lump sum into three parts in order to allocate 1/3 towards each (Lump sum, DCA and buying on dips), and then there might be some other times in which you feel that you want to strategize your purchases to buy on dips, and you might divide the lump sum into 3, but instead keep it all in one category, which is to buy on dips.. so you might buy 1/3 right away, and then the 2/3 to buy after a $1.5k drop in price if it happens and the 3/3 part, you might assign to buying that amount upon a BTC price drop of 4,680.

Those are your choices, and it seems to me that the more BTC that you get, the less stressed that you are in regards to buying BTC right away with your extra cash, and you become more wiling to set your BTC buy prices and just wait for the BTC price to come to you, and hopefully you are not too greedy in the places where you set your purchase prices, because if you already have enough BTC, the you are not worried about the BTC price going up because you already have enough BTC.
Yes, now I understand the DCA method and know the benefits myself. Expenditures will now be even tighter after the DCA planning has started. Before doing this I always shopped for non-essential items so for now, unnecessary expenses will no longer be used and it's more important to be strict on DCA than anything else.

In a normal year I always get a bonus from work several times but this time I haven't received it from the office. What is clear is that I already have this plan and will put it in BTC, but I also have a choice between buying it in a lump sum or in several part like you said, on the one hand I want to separate DCA and lump sum with different wallets and also with different records in the spreadsheet, it's clear in my opinion the results will be greater in DCA planning than lump sum because the bonus money cannot be determined how big it is but that in my mind is separate.

Even now I have to be a little more adaptable, the need is increasing day by day, I have to save a little more so I can do more DCA well and strictly.
You can do it when you are really ready to do it. Just like this, just put your level of confidence in Bitcoin first, because if you can't control your lust for the profits that come your way, then you are not ready to enter the long-term investment zone like JJG did. I see almost everyone doing DCA for their long term investments but they don't have a strong mentality to hold it in the long term because they exit when they are already making a profit.

I think you have to learn step by step first to prepare yourself mentally for long-term investment. DCA really supports you in accumulating BTC in each Quartel if you make purchases in each Quartel, but you have to have a level of confidence in the long term early. So with what you said it seems like you are still waiting for your salary from your office to buy BTC. of ​​course that is a pretty good decision and I think do it based on the percentage that you have, divided into your financial interests for living needs and for investing in Bitcoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2023, 10:03:42 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2023, 10:40:23 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by vapourminer (1), Ojima-ojo (1)

I think that whether 10 years investing into bitcoin is enough depends upon from where you are starting.  When I got into bitcoin, in 2013, I already had 20 years of investing into traditional markets, so then my bitcoin holdings became a supplement (or even a hedge) to my other investments that included equities, property, bonds, cash (or cash equivalents) and some exposure to commodities, even though bitcoin largely became my main commodity exposure since my investments were relatively weak in the commodity arena.

I doubt that it is smart for anyone to be thinking that they are getting in and out of bitcoin, since bitcoin seems to be a life time investment, even though there may be ways to manage (and maintain) your bitcoin holdings once you reach a level of BTC holdings that satisfy you, whether that is 2-5x your annual income (expenses) or maybe it is a higher amount while keeping in mind that if you get to 20x to 30x of your annual income in your investment portfolio, then you are likely getting into entry-level fuck you status, but the mere fact that you might be getting into entry-level fuck you status should not mean that you sell all of your various holdings rather than manage them and maybe even figure out ways to start spending them, if you are at that stage of your life when your investment portfolio starts to get into entry-level fuck you status... sure there are some people that will still want to continue to grow their investments, and age (and maybe family status) would surely factor into those kinds of considerations.

Yes, now I understand the DCA method and know the benefits myself.

Putting the DCA method into practice and applying it to your own circumstances seems to be the real test of both understanding it theoretically and personally experiencing it in such a way that you tweak it and tailor it to your own personal circumstances.

Expenditures will now be even tighter after the DCA planning has started. Before doing this I always shopped for non-essential items so for now, unnecessary expenses will no longer be used and it's more important to be strict on DCA than anything else.

That's up to you regarding how aggressive that you feel that you need to be for your own circumstances.  I know that between 2014 or so and 2020, I largely just recommended that guys get off zero and invest $10 per week into bitcoin; however, it seems that in order to even get comparable results, people in the west should be trying to get to $100 per week. and sure some folks could even do more, but $100 per week seems to be sufficiently aggressive without necessarily overdoing it for normies in the west.. but if you are not in the west and you are already starting with $12-$25 per week, you have to figure out your own level of aggressiveness and whether you believe that investing into bitcoin is a good use of your cash for you... especially since there are no guarantees that BTC will perform well.. so hopefully you are not depriving yourself too much.. . but again, those are your balancing choices.

One of the good things about spreadsheets is that you do not necessarily need to keep the funds in separate wallets (or separate accounts within a wallet) in order to keep track of different purchases that you had made - even though as you suggested, there might be a little more ease to keep track if the funds are separate.

I have used spreadsheets in a variety of ways to keep track of purchases, but also to project out various kinds of BTC price performance scenarios and to see how my behaviors might impact my BTC holdings if certain BTC price scenarios were to play out (so long as I followed the plan).  

At one point, in mid-to late 2015, I had divided my BTC into at least three overlapping categories in order to guid myself in terms of how to treat my BTC holdings, so there can be some fun (and practicality) in that.  The categories were:

1)  all of the BTC that I bought from late 2014 until then (mid-2015) (average cost of $250 ish)

2)  all of the BTC that I bought from June 2014 until then (mid-2015) (average cost of $330 ish)

3) all of the BTC that I bought from the beginning late 2013 until then (mid-2015) (average cost of $520 ish)

These were moving targets, but they guided me in terms of my own authorizing myself for what I could do.  The categories were overlapping due to my own reasons, yet there could be reason like you suggested to categorize the BTC in other ways including trying to figure out if average cost per BTC ended up being affected in any meaningful and substantial ways based on my own employment of various different kinds of BTC accumulation strategies.  I am not sure how important that question is, except maybe to guide you if you believe it might contribute to your changing your BTC accumulation strategies (or what you recommend others to do) based on your own results.

I don't really like the idea of buying daily if you are not buying very much, unless you are able to buy without much if any fees.  Sometimes, you could have a cash account that builds up and then you send it to the exchange once a month or so, but also you have cash on the exchange that you would use so that you are not having to continue to submit small amounts.. and of course, some of the concerns about fees and/or sending a lot of small transactions (or attempting to minimize that) might have to do with personal circumstances, and I do recall that between 2013 and 2015 I was able to find ways in which I hardly paid any fees for a lot of my BTC purchases, but then sometimes the no fee options disappeared and sometimes it may be better to spend the fees, so for example if you are able to have fees that are truly just based on percentages, then it may well not matter very much if you buy $5 at a time or $100 at at time, because the purchases are percentage based... so then in those circumstances, you may well be o.k to engage in BTC purchases as soon as your cash comes in, even if you have small amounts coming in at each time (daily or even hourly making determinations how much to hold and when to wait to make purchases, whether to market buy or to set a limited buy order that might have lower fees than market buying usually has higher fees than the limited order fees.)

Ps.  I realized one point that I left out is in regards to having a whole lot of small UTXOs, and that can become problematic, so sometimes if you are buying small amounts and then moving them off of the exchange too early, then you will end up with a whole hell of a lot of small UTXOs, and sure maybe it is not necessary to combine your UTXOs, and I can remember in 2014-2016, many times people would be talking in terms of having 1-10 BTC in each UTXO, and now days, that seems like way too much money to have in each UTXO, so the ongoing questions regarding how much value to keep in each UTXO will likely vary with the passage of time, and sometimes a $100 to $500 UTXO might end up going up in value by 10x or even 50x by the time you  spend it, so at that time, the UTXO will not necessarily continue to seem to be too small.

I will admit that I have made some mistakes with UTXO management, and it is not necessarily easy to know in advance what might be good (reasonable/practical) amounts of  value to keep in each UTXO and whether there may or may not be value in terms of combining (or keeping separate) some UTXO from other kinds of UTXOs, and one of the things that I had started to do was to attempt to keep similar kinds of transactions in the same wallet (or account) even though I might still keep the UTXOs (or the bitcoin addresses) separate within the accounts, but one account might end up having 10 or more UTXOs and I try to keep track of from where they came but there can be burdens with these kinds of things including questions about whether someone might see labels that you might put on them... and then ruin some of your privacy.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Sim_card

Activity: 434
Merit: 367

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2023, 08:49:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The only challenge that someone using DCA method is when the source of income is not steady
This was my thinking too and I even made a comment referencing an entrepreneur.  Thankfully, JJG explained convincingly, how this can be achieved. From that explanation, you can actually know your financial inflow within a certain period like a year, from that you can know what to set aside and plan your DCA accordingly.  You must not be earning fixed income monthly or weakly before you can perform DCA, even when your inflow is not regular, you can take average with a time period and as soon as you have any bulk funds, you can start off with the part that fits into the average you have worked out already and because it is exhausted,  you would have receieved another inflow base on your calculations.

So, even though not necessarily likely worst-case scenarios could end up playing out for 6-12 months or more, and so the emergency cash fund should be able to cover the gap between what you need to live and what kind of income is coming in.  Hopefully, you are already spending (your monthly expenses) somewhere less than your average case scenario which should then cause for an ability to invest (or DCA) with part of the amount that you are living below your average case scenario. and sure if the worse case scenario persists for a long time, you may well end up needing to either reduce or eliminate your DCA purchases of bitcoin, but if you have planned in advance you should not necessarily need to stop your DCA, and for sure, you do not want to end up putting yourself in a position in which you end up having to sell any of your BTC during periods in which worse case scenarios are playing out.. which likely would mean that you had not sufficiently prepared in terms of your emergency fund and/or the ways that you had been choosing to live in order to make sure that you are generally living below the amount of your average case scenarios rather than spending more than that.
JJG, I know that you are an old G bitcoin holder with so much experience and different strategy on how to accumulate bitcoin. I also agree to what you said on how someone that isn't having a steady cash inflow can use his average cash inflow for the year to plan on how much he will use on DCAing or to always have an amount that will be left based on always planning and keeping funds for worst scenario than average case scenario. I wouldn't like to such happen in my own bitcoin journey accumulation, the reason is that I have just started my bitcoin journey and I haven't accumulate a significant amount which I can be proud of. Not having regular cash inflow will be a big challenge to me because it will slow the amount of bitcoin I will accumulate, and I am not even sure of accumulate, unlike the regular cash inflow pattern. This is because you might prepare and plan very well on this, but along the line, it might come to play that your worst scenario expectation came out to be  more than what you have planned for, because there are unforeseen challenges that will come to play during this period, which you didn't plan for that must be included because of it is an emergency.

I will use myself as a case study, I plan on how much I spend weekly and let me say if I budgeted $200, I will end up spending up $250 and sometimes $300, but because I have a steady cash inflow I don't feel it. I could remember when I have not gotten job that was frequently paying me, I find it difficult to manage the one that I have worked to use till when another funds comes in, because of this unforeseen circumstances that do occur. I am happy JJG, that you said if you did not make a proper calculation so that your worst case scenario funds should be higher, one might end up falling back to sell his bitcoin due to lack of proper preparation. I am not good at managing a certain amount of funds for some time before another funds comes in because, nobody knows what will happen next, this is why I feel that regular income will help in DCAing better for me. Although, everyone has their own strategy of DCA base on the way they get their income.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Republikcoin.com
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 10:37:00 AM

Hi there

Kind regards

snowpega
Expecting a continuous price decline like that is also not very good after you have succeeded in getting Bitcoin at low prices twice in your previous purchases. Today Bitcoin has re-positioned itself at a price of $27K and you should be able to smile a little because you can immediately see profits in your portfolio without having to wait any longer, but my advice is to continue holding it until you see the price double the current price so that you can feel true happiness through Bitcoin.

The DCA strategy that you are doing has really worked very well and I think you also really understand it so that you can continue to use it in the future when you have money saved that you don't use for other things. And the price increase seen now is also not a bad phenomenon for you, even though you still want to buy Bitcoin under $25K, but for now look at the profits you have made so that your confidence in Bitcoin can continue to grow.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Ojima-ojo

Activity: 700
Merit: 429

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 11:10:08 AM

So, even though not necessarily likely worst-case scenarios could end up playing out for 6-12 months or more, and so the emergency cash fund should be able to cover the gap between what you need to live and what kind of income is coming in.  Hopefully, you are already spending (your monthly expenses) ......

Hi there

Kind regards

snowpega
DCA with emergency fund to me sound more convincing and easy to do more than setting aside a percentage from your total income on weekly basis,  since emergency funds can also be referred to as leftover money which will be more profitable when saved in an assets that are easily converted to cash like BTC,  and from what both of you guys already mentioned,  it quite clear that emergence will be the best since in both worst cast scenario and best case scenario if you have a well planned DCA approach you will still end in a good position,  since at that point you are not  depending on your income to make your investment but rather you are buying Bitcoin from your emergence savings.

But the only side to watch out in all of this is,  you must be smart enough not to exust all your emergency saving on buying the dip and in most cases you must at least leave a small portion of the savings behind so that when you have a real life emergency,  you will have the funds to sort them out.

That way,  the pressure won't be on you bitcoin holding at once and that can allow you to bear market conditions for some time based on long term Bitcoin approach.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
TRADE NOW
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
snowpega

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2023, 11:34:21 AM

Expecting a continuous price decline like that is also not very good after you have succeeded in getting Bitcoin at low prices twice in your previous purchases. Today Bitcoin has re-positioned itself at a price of $27K and you should be able to smile a little because you can immediately see profits in your portfolio without having to wait any longer, but my advice is to continue holding it until you see the price double the current price so that you can feel true happiness through Bitcoin.
The DCA strategy that you are doing has really worked very well and I think you also really understand it so that you can continue to use it in the future when you have money saved that you don't use for other things. And the price increase seen now is also not a bad phenomenon for you, even though you still want to buy Bitcoin under $25K, but for now look at the profits you have made so that your confidence in Bitcoin can continue to grow.

yeah i was still aspecting to see more declines in the market as We all know CPI reports , and FTX decision came from court was to start selling their assets so that's why i was aspected that market will go down but very now you have mentioned me btc goes up and set it price to 27k$ which i think really don't know what's going on we can't time the market right. Now what is have experiences all these kinda news are just to liquidate small investors in the markets and bigwhale plays their game. so now what i am thinking to buy more amount of btc at 27k$ as i don't aspect very much from market it is also good price to buy some more.

well i think kinda sage words and i would say many thanks for your opinion to me about the modification in the strategy of DCA'ing.   i think 27k is still good time for me to go ahead i was just doing DCA in the way to buy only dips whch i think also good aspect but somehow your points still relate like we always should not for dips to buy well thanks for you appreciation.

To me, it is a bit unclear what @snowpega is doing since he seems to be DCA'ing and also buying on dips, and there is nothing wrong with that so long as the person doing the BTC accumulating is still going to be sufficiently happy with what s/he had done if the BTC price ends up not dipping down to the expected prices whether that is going into the $23-$24k range or even dipping into some kind of an area that approaches $20k per BTC.

To me it continues to seem unrealistic to be putting too many hopes into buying on further dips when we are still more than $1k below the 200-week moving average.. yet at the same time, there is nothing wrong with having some lump sum amounts that might be on the sidelines and ready to buy at various price points if the BTC price does end up dipping.. It just seems to be a common mistake for newbies to end up holding too much in reserves in order to prepare for dips that might not end up happening.. so it seems that the main solution is to think through the scenarios ..and maybe even roughly plot them out, and get to some kind of position in which you are happy with either price direction while being prepared for either..

Many thanks to you as well as i learned from your words  that never hope alot from market like always wait for the dips to buy now i have made some modification to my knowledge to buy at current lower price rather than aspecting for the dipper one as we don't know what is going to happen or next move of market yeah all we can do is FA and TA to know the market behaviour and have some prediction of future and which can't be 100% accurate right?

Kodec5

Activity: 56
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 03:50:00 PM

DCA with emergency fund to me sound more convincing and easy to do more than setting aside a percentage from your total income on weekly basis,  since emergency funds can also be referred to as leftover money which will be more profitable when saved in an assets that are easily converted to cash like BTC,  and from what both of you guys already mentioned,  it quite clear that emergence will be the best since in both worst cast scenario and best case scenario if you have a well planned DCA approach you will still end in a good position,  since at that point you are not  depending on your income to make your investment but rather you are buying Bitcoin from your emergence savings.

But the only side to watch out in all of this is,  you must be smart enough not to exust all your emergency saving on buying the dip and in most cases you must at least leave a small portion of the savings behind so that when you have a real life emergency,  you will have the funds to sort them out.

That way,  the pressure won't be on you bitcoin holding at once and that can allow you to bear market conditions for some time based on long term Bitcoin approach.
To be real about this, using part of  emergency fund is not even advisable... You not guaranteed on the expenses of any emergency to happen at any point in time
Funds meant for emergency should be kept completely different, same goes to funds for Dcaing
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 04:39:56 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

[edited out]
JJG, I know that you are an old G bitcoin holder with so much experience and different strategy on how to accumulate bitcoin. I also agree to what you said on how someone that isn't having a steady cash inflow can use his average cash inflow for the year to plan on how much he will use on DCAing or to always have an amount that will be left based on always planning and keeping funds for worst scenario than average case scenario. I wouldn't like to such happen in my own bitcoin journey accumulation, the reason is that I have just started my bitcoin journey and I haven't accumulate a significant amount which I can be proud of.

I don't think that anyone should feel bad about taking a long time to build up a significant stash of BTC or even any kind of investment that they make, and I had already mentioned that many people are likely going to take longer than 10 years to merely get up to having had accumulated 1 year's salary (even if you save/invest 10% of your income per year).

Accordingly, the earliest of years likely feel like you are not getting anywhere and they can be stressful, especially if you might feel that you are struggling to make sure that you invest enough and while at the same time not overdoing it and fucking things up so that you end up losing everything that you invested.  A lot of people fuck up so much that they end up gambling rather than investing, and with gambling, there might be a lot of luck until one day the market moves against you, and you are fucked (having to start over from the beginning is not a good place to be if you had been spending 3-8 years building up your investment portfolio and then if you take too many chances, then you end up losing your principle which tends to be quite difficult to build back.

Even older (or longer term) investors sometimes will feel that their investment portfolio is not moving, but if they ar not fucking up too much, they can look back at their history and they can see that their networth and their portfolio is growing with the passage of time (hopefully that is the case).

Not having regular cash inflow will be a big challenge to me because it will slow the amount of bitcoin I will accumulate,

You should not rush beyond your capabilities, so if you are having trouble investing between $10 to $100 per week, then maybe you either have to figure out ways to increase your cashflow or to decrease your expenses.. and at the same time, of course continue to have a decently good sized emergency cushion so that you can have a large amount of confidence that you will never need to use your bitcoin for emergencies (in other words your bitcoin should not be part of what you believe to be your emergency fund.. because you should ONLY be selling your BTC at a time that is completely at your own choosing. not because you are forced into such position.. and perhaps forced into such position due to inadequate/insufficient planning).

and I am not even sure of accumulate, unlike the regular cash inflow pattern. This is because you might prepare and plan very well on this, but along the line, it might come to play that your worst scenario expectation came out to be  more than what you have planned for, because there are unforeseen challenges that will come to play during this period, which you didn't plan for that must be included because of it is an emergency.

I am surely not saying that any of this is easy because worse case scenarios can go lower than expected and they can also go longer than expected.. so once you are in the shitty situation, you might have to do things that you did not want to do or expect to do, but it still seems to be a lack of preparation in terms of preparing for worse case scenarios and even preparing a little beyond worse case scenarios.. and even more experienced investors (or persons who have built up greater levels of emergency funds and wealth) will sometimes get caught off guard by having their assets invested into things that they should not have had.

And, yeah for normie plebs, the situation could be even worse because normie plebs might well already NOT have hardly any financial (or psychological cushion), and hopefully learning how to invest helps you in order to figure out how much preparations you need to make... and there might be some people who never are recover from disasters that happen to them, and they may well be stuck being poor and impoverished forever.. so part of any attempt is to be able to get to a position that you are able to invest, and if your personal finances are so bad that you are so far under water that you do not have any discretionary income, then you have to take care of those emergencies first.. and get to a point in which you actually have discretionary income that you are able to invest.. and perhaps build up your emergency funds at the same time.

I will use myself as a case study, I plan on how much I spend weekly and let me say if I budgeted $200, I will end up spending up $250 and sometimes $300, but because I have a steady cash inflow I don't feel it. I could remember when I have not gotten job that was frequently paying me, I find it difficult to manage the one that I have worked to use till when another funds comes in, because of this unforeseen circumstances that do occur. I am happy JJG, that you said if you did not make a proper calculation so that your worst case scenario funds should be higher, one might end up falling back to sell his bitcoin due to lack of proper preparation. I am not good at managing a certain amount of funds for some time before another funds comes in because, nobody knows what will happen next, this is why I feel that regular income will help in DCAing better for me. Although, everyone has their own strategy of DCA base on the way they get their income.

Surely there is some discretion in terms of whether you should use up the whole $200 to $300 during the weeks that it comes in, especially if you might have several weeks in which it does not come in, and maybe you can kind of anticipate how often your jobs are going to be steady and how often you are going to need to float upon your past wages.

I don't know the exact answer, but there does seem to be some potential value towards spreading out your amounts rather than investing them right away when the come in, so that you always have some amount available that you could spend on bitcoin buys.

So it could be possible that you set up $50 to $100 per week no matter what, and if your income for some of those weeks end up being higher, you put that into your reserve funds.. so that you are able to go a certain amount of time with out having any extra funds, and if you feel that you should have your reserve fund prepared for 10 weeks of having to draw from it, then maybe you have to let it build up to $1,000 before you go beyond the $50 to $100 per week allotment... so then if your reserve fund ends up staying above $1k for a long time, then maybe you are then able to increase your weekly to $150 or some other higher amount.   Of course, these are discretionary matters in terms of whether you believe that you are served very well from just spending it right away or trying to be a bit more strategic about your bitcoin purchases (which may or may not be a valuable use of your time).

To be real about this, using part of  emergency fund is not even advisable... You not guaranteed on the expenses of any emergency to happen at any point in time
Funds meant for emergency should be kept completely different, same goes to funds for Dcaing

Yep.  We have to be careful when we are dipping into funds that have already been set aside for other purposes, and so there may or may not be strict guidelines on these kinds of discretionary matters, but if we end up depleting too many funds without really appreciating what they were meant for and we have assigned shitty probabilities in regards to things that could happen, we may well end up recking ourselves if we go too far with some of these dipping into funds matters.

I personally tend to think that none of these matters are absolutes, but there may be thresholds over which guys (and gal) end up crossing that really don't come off as being either prudent or reasonable, and then they end up getting themselves into a pickle because they left their emergency fund with $300 and a truly foreseeable $1k expense ends up coming up (which negative outcomes ends up showing them that they were engaging in too much gambling, and maybe it had been working out for them in the past, but this time, they got bit in the ass) and they may put themselves into a pickle that could take them 6 months to a year to recover, when they would not have had been damaged at all if they had kept their emergency fund up to a sufficient size/amount.

snowpega

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2023, 06:55:05 PM

You should not rush beyond your capabilities, so if you are having trouble investing between $10 to $100 per week, then maybe you either have to figure out ways to increase your cashflow or to decrease your expenses.. and at the same time, of course continue to have a decently good sized emergency cushion so that you can have a large amount of confidence that you will never need to use your bitcoin for emergencies (in other words your bitcoin should not be part of what you believe to be your emergency fund.. because you should ONLY be selling your BTC at a time that is completely at your own choosing. not because you are forced into such position.. and perhaps forced into such position due to inadequate/insufficient planning).

Very Sage Words well i think words you have mentioned here hits kinda different to me these words motivated me alot like as you said cashflow give confidence which is so accurate like this is also what i have experienced in my life. I remember when i had no money i was very demotivated like i used to talk people like those talks were very strange and demovited so when i started to earn money like i used to talk people very energetically and motivatedly.TBH these all are not about just money this is the true aspect of life that cashflow give you alot of confidence like i believe if you are rich whatever you say if it is shit people will also appreciate you on that why? Because this is not you who he talking at this time this is the the status you have build which they are seeing and giving you respect.

I would say at the start of this paragraph you said if we don't have much availability to invest that little amount that you have mentioned like 10$ to 100$ so this is not good time to invest this time is to be groom and come to that point we have enough potential to do investment which is we have as our savings and besides those saving we have enough amount to spend and fulfil our desires in that way we would be able to accumulate very well Amount of Btc.

Those Btc will not be extract as emergency position we will be able to extract those BTC only When we reach the Fix goal we have fixed in our minds So i think it is going to be a good idea Smiley

Winterfrost

Activity: 582
Merit: 135

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 07:52:54 PM

If Bitcoin does what we all expect (based on our speculation), would it be foolish not to put a large portion of this savings into Bitcoin? In spite of raging inflation, my gut feeling is that an emergency fund is always prudent, as much as losing that purchasing power sucks.

Agbamoni

Merit: 281

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 07:57:14 PM

If Bitcoin does what we all expect (based on our speculation), would it be foolish not to put a large portion of this savings into Bitcoin? In spite of raging inflation, my gut feeling is that an emergency fund is always prudent, as much as losing that purchasing power sucks.
I'd say you hold onto your emergency fund and start investing what you can into Bitcoin using a Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) plan. It's VERY IMPORTANT to have an emergency fund, Kodec and JJG explained it well. You already have enough money to cover a year's worth of mortgage, food, and gas, which is essential for times like these. I personally wouldn't take the risk, and I advise you not to either. Speculating on whether Bitcoin will increase by 100X after the next halving is uncertain. It's better to pay off your debt first and then invest what's left. Your mental well-being will benefit from this approach. As many others suggest, stick to your DCA strategy.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
DVlog

Activity: 476
Merit: 212

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 08:05:04 PM

Very Sage Words well i think words you have mentioned here hits kinda different to me these words motivated me alot like as you said cashflow give confidence which is so accurate like this is also what i have experienced in my life. I remember when i had no money i was very demotivated like i used to talk people like those talks were very strange and demovited so when i started to earn money like i used to talk people very energetically and motivatedly.TBH these all are not about just money this is the true aspect of life that cashflow give you alot of confidence like i believe if you are rich whatever you say if it is shit people will also appreciate you on that why? Because this is not you who he talking at this time this is the the status you have build which they are seeing and giving you respect.

I would say at the start of this paragraph you said if we don't have much availability to invest that little amount that you have mentioned like 10$ to 100$ so this is not good time to invest this time is to be groom and come to that point we have enough potential to do investment which is we have as our savings and besides those saving we have enough amount to spend and fulfil our desires in that way we would be able to accumulate very well Amount of Btc.

Those Btc will not be extract as emergency position we will be able to extract those BTC only When we reach the Fix goal we have fixed in our minds So i think it is going to be a good idea Smiley
The guarantee of a monthly cash inflow gives us ease of mind. We can think clearly because we don't need to think about our monthly expenses. Saving a portion of our wages and investing them for long-term growth gives us confidence about our future, and we think of ourselves as cleavers and long-term visionaries. When things turn against them, they think of themselves as stupid; this is human nature.

Not to use your investment (in bitcoin) when emergencies arise is a strong statement but not a practical one. When people don't have money to cover emergency expenses, they tend to sell their assets. If you are investing in bitcoin as a retirement plan, then you should not sell it, but in times of emergency, your senses will tell you to sell it.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
BABY SHOES

Merit: 436

HODL - BTC

View Profile
September 18, 2023, 08:35:58 PM

That's up to you regarding how aggressive that you feel that you need to be for your own circumstances.  I know that between 2014 or so and 2020, I largely just recommended that guys get off zero and invest $10 per week into bitcoin; however, it seems that in order to even get comparable results, people in the west should be trying to get to $100 per week. and sure some folks could even do more, but $100 per week seems to be sufficiently aggressive without necessarily overdoing it for normies in the west.. but if you are not in the west and you are already starting with $12-$25 per week, you have to figure out your own level of aggressiveness and whether you believe that investing into bitcoin is a good use of your cash for you... especially since there are no guarantees that BTC will perform well.. so hopefully you are not depriving yourself too much.. . but again, those are your balancing choices.
Of course I will see how much my aggressiveness towards bitcoin will be in accordance with what I need, but I do not want to be excessive pressure, when this week/month is not able to enter fiat into BTC then I will stop for a while after returning to normal I will continue again, actually this is not about how much bitcoin is obtained, but my thought is how long will this be consistent? Could it be years? I will maintain while there is still income that I get.

Western countries and Asian countries are clearly different (that I know) Asia can be said to be quite low income but by putting fiat into bitcoin around $15 / $20 it is more than enough not to mention they can increase it to $50 but I think for $100 per week this will be too heavy to say it is not my capacity to meet excessive targets, I will be more on a small nominal will remain stable every week.

Well of course there is no guarantee at all that bitcoin will perform well, even the price can go down because there is volatility in the market, but we believe that BTC assets are important, and always read the history of bitcoin that it is likely to go up.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
SHUFFLE.COM███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████    ████    ██
Next Generation Crypto Casino
██    ████    ████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pages: « 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 ... 404 »
  Print  

Jump to: