Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:57:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76066 times)
Out of mind

Activity: 434
Merit: 208

I like to treat everyone as a friend 🔹

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 03:04:20 PM

If you are happy to sell at these times with the current price, you're free to do it and just buy back when it dips.

So you pull out a bit of profit from that sale and then you keep it while leaving the amount that you'll use again for buying back. With that manner, you'll still not gonna be left behind.
Actually everyone is entitled to choose whatever method that's well suitable for them, but responding based on our discussion and strategies here we don't advise buying low and selling higher if the price retrace up, is actually a gambling strategy were as the possibility of making a profits or losing money is on a 50 to 50 percent chances, perhaps you could be left behind while selling off your investment were as the market will keep shooting up and never give you the chance to buy back again, so perhaps I will just suggest you hold for long instead of chasing the market price.
Everyone lives the perfect time to buy bitcoins, no matter how they invest their money. But there are many discussions based on which people are attracted to their investments, most of us invest when the price of Bitcoin falls. Also, when the price of Bitcoin continues to fall, many people advise against buying, which I think is a wrong decision for those people. A short-term investor should buy and hold when the price of Bitcoin falls, and sell when it rises. Moreover, when a person buys bitcoins for investment purposes, if his investment is long-term, he can definitely earn good income from it in the future. Moreover, when Bitcoin increases, many people are afraid to buy and there comes a time when it is not possible to buy Bitcoin when it goes to high levels. That's why investing in Bitcoins is the smartest thing to do right now, as there are plenty of times to buy them. Also, I would recommend buying more fractions when the price of Bitcoin falls, and holding on to the current position of the Bitcoin market. As our halving year is approaching, this opportunity should never be missed, and a bright future awaits for Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rachael9385

Activity: 434
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2023, 04:32:15 PM

If we continue to invest as per the DCA strategy then we will not face any problem. Because DCA techniques must be known. Bitcoin is known to everyone because of its popularity through volatility and the use of DCA strategy is only appropriate in such situations. Because in this current situation DCA strategy does not show any risk of Bitcoin profit but it reduces the risk of investing in Bitcoin and makes it easier for the investor to invest for long term. So ultimately the number of long-term investments in Bitcoin is only waiting for DC and strategy followers.
Perhaps you can Also get into a trouble while using DCA method, one of things we most understand is that DCA doesn't guarantee a completely safety and minimize risk but is totally depends on the psychology or mindset of the investors because DCA is only but a strategy while the method of the utility depends on the investors however DCA strategy only work when the investors obey the rules were accumulating with a small funds which you no cannot affect your financial state and at the same time having a back up funds.

Also a DCA strategy tend to fail in your investment plan were as you over invest thinking you are using DCA strategy or investing with a strategy of selling off your investment to attend for some needs that arise.
You are correct, and I believe that a DCA method for an investment is not guaranteed. That is, every investor will use the DCA method to accumulate coins with their small amount of cash. Some investors are using the other methods, using High-Frequency Trading (HFT) but the DCA method is one of the best methods to use interns for accumulating and long holdings and it's profitable for investors who already know what they are doing.

For people who think that the DCA method is safe for them when they use borrowed money to invest, it is not safe and can lead to harassment. The DCA is just a way to accumulate a small amount of money you can, either weekly or monthly, and if Bitcoin drops you still accumulate, hoping maybe one day you can accumulate up to 1 btc or more.

For an average person, it is safer for him to invest only a small amount of money from their salary and save the rest after every expense so as to be used for an emergency. Investing every part of one's salary is not a good idea because if any emergency arrives, the sell button is not a distant drive to reach before clicking.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 06:03:51 PM

Let's say that a hypothetical person got into BTC in early 2016, and such person had a salary that when from $10k to $30k in the past 7 years, so if such person had not made too many other investments, maybe such person had made some mistakes along the way, but maybe ended up accumulating 2 bitcoin.... so it could be possible that such person never sells all of his/her bitcoin but instead maybe shaves off 10% of his/her then holdings at various points in time.. at $100k, at $150k, at $250k.. .. so even if there might be questions of BTC price direction, the amount of BTC that is sold is less than the profits that had been made in the integers.. and surely you could look at 2 BTC and you could say that from $30k to $100k the profits had gone up $70k per coin, so a total of $140k for that price move, so if there is a decision to sell 50% or less than the profits, you will never run out of bitcoin and you will still be able to skim off pretty decent profits to either be able to buy back if the BTC price goes down or just use such value for consumption purposes.. .
From a $10k salary per month, if the investor invests $2k per month for 3 years, it is a total of $72k.

You are taking this to a whole different place when you change the example from yearly to monthly.  I was referring to an annual salary that increased from $10k to $30k over 7 years in order to allow for my point to be made through such hypothetical regarding how such BTC accumulation might affect a person if the BTC price were to go shooting up and maybe certain points in which some BTC might be shaved off at various price points along the way in order to not necessarily devolve into all or nothing thinking when it comes to BTC portfolio management - which from my perspective starts to seem more like gambling rather than investing, when guys seem to be considering price points in which they are selling all or even a vast majority of their BTC holdings..

For now, about 2 points something BTC, the investor might decide to sell some specific amount that he can use for important something like starting another investment because that is also a good idea.
When a salary increases to $30k, the investor can decide to increase his investment to a good amount like $5k or above, so he can have multiple folds for the 4 years and investing $5k for 4 years will give you a good amount of BTC at the end.

Again.. your hypothetical seems to be misreading what I had said, even though I don't really disagree with some of your points, but the numbers that I had been trying to use don't work anymore if you are changing that $30k from annually and into monthly.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
erep

Activity: 2268
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 07:04:01 PM

Again.. your hypothetical seems to be misreading what I had said, even though I don't really disagree with some of your points, but the numbers that I had been trying to use don't work anymore if you are changing that $30k from annually and into monthly.
He should carefully read your previous post and he should not be hypothetical with the accumulated annual profits from bitcoin investments, although they argue that bitcoin assets are for investment purposes but many investors have placed orders at the point of $100k to sell 10-20% of bitcoin assets , but if I have 2 bitcoins. I will plan a different strategy to sell 50-70% at $100k price point and start DCA strategy again when the price corrects below 85k, but the feasibility of the strategy depends on market review because when the market is bullish maybe the price can exceed +110k and we just need to review the prediction of the highest price that is likely to be reached and at that time we will use this strategy for the purpose of increasing the value of bitcoin investment by buying bitcoin during market corrections.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 770
Merit: 615

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2023, 07:19:13 PM

I like the point that you are emphasising here and it is true that if we are ready to invest in the DCA way, especially if we have started it, then I think there is no specific reason to look at how vulnerable the price is because consistency must be maintained.
The problem that often happens is when we're already working on DCA and we get bogged down with the thought of price, which in the end will make our strategy fall apart in the end.
My initial period in 2002 was like this because I was dizzy with my thinking that was based on price but over time that became the main problem I had because when I was based more on price we would be dizzy so I tried to learn from the beginning and indeed for now it can be said that my method is much better than before with DCA which should not be too concerned about price.
If you continue to worry about the price in your DCA method then this will hinder you, it could be that you keep thinking about the price that has started to rise while still hesitating to continue? I think this thought must be eliminated at least whatever the price is if it's the DCA method then just do it.
That's what I feel now but not in the past because back then I was still always focussing on price which if you think about it rationally now I'm actually like a lost person with the way I was running before.
But the mistake I made back then was actually very good because if I didn't do that and didn't realise that what I was doing was wrong then I probably would have continued to look at price as a benchmark until now and this has definitely been a good experience for myself.

This was my initial problem too when I started it was really hard when I kept seeing price movements, if you keep thinking about this then investing in the DCA way will not develop but you will be reluctant to continue because you keep seeing prices.
If the goal of DCA is long-term, there is no need to worry about it, it should be a habit for us that there is no stopping to continue DCA.
Actually, I think for some problems that occur and some mistakes are something natural, especially when we are in different conditions like when we started doing DCA. Making some mistakes is a natural thing but if we really want to be better then whether we are able to admit and correct the mistakes that have been made or not because in the end it is also a good experience for ourselves. as long as we do not dare to admit that we have been wrong then forever we will be trapped in standard thinking which in the end makes everything we do always considered right even though it is proven wrong.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 07:35:04 PM

He should carefully read your previous post and he should not be hypothetical with the accumulated annual profits from bitcoin investments, although they argue that bitcoin assets are for investment purposes but many investors have placed orders at the point of $100k to sell 10-20% of bitcoin assets , but if I have 2 bitcoins. I will plan a different strategy to sell 50-70% at $100k price point and start DCA strategy again when the price corrects below 85k, but the feasibility of the strategy depends on market review because when the market is bullish maybe the price can exceed +110k and we just need to review the prediction of the highest price that is likely to be reached and at that time we will use this strategy for the purpose of increasing the value of bitcoin investment by buying bitcoin during market corrections.

You are making a lot of the same points as me, but I am suggesting that if you feel compelled to sell some, then to sell the lower amounts at various increments and never all at once and even to be in a position that you are never selling more than your profits (so you are not selling principle), even if we have a lot of confidence that the top of the cycle might have been met, so surely I don't even recommend selling as much as I mentioned but I am trying to provide some kind of a compromise possibility that others might consider rather than selling 100% of their stash, and from my perspective, you surely are going quite high.. because you are thinking that the odds are going to be with you to be able to buy back more BTC with the proceeds of your sale... which surely is getting us further and further from the topic of this thread when you start to think about selling as an accumulation strategy rather than mere a kind of insurance or just a BTC portfolio maintenance strategy.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Furious 7

Activity: 2842
Merit: 641

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 07:41:04 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

because I only believe in what I do and until now I still think that being in bitcoin and investing in bitcoin is one of the things that makes me comfortable. i

and that is what we need to believe and do..

I don't know why need to extend the discussion that long when the title already speaks for itself.

Buying Dip - it is time to Accumulate because we are in dip market now abd this is the perfect timing for it.

HODL - this will stand on how  long we can take the holding..  some are just for the net halving and bullrun , but others wanted to take as far as the market can go.

but for me? i will depend in what i do believe and that is buying every amount that i can risk , and will hold till then if not forever .
But in this case we also need to discuss about some methods or strategies that are done. I don't really have a problem with discussions like this it's just that when talking about investing then I will be firm that bitcoin is something that is very feasible for me but when talking about the strategies carried out I have never considered myself perfect in investing so that with discussions like this we can know what we can adopt from others by looking at the shortcomings that we did before.
I think about the strategies and methods used for investment still have to be upgraded because even though being in bitcoin is something very good but if the way we do it is wrong then the results will definitely be less than optimal.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 08:53:21 PM

because I only believe in what I do and until now I still think that being in bitcoin and investing in bitcoin is one of the things that makes me comfortable. i

and that is what we need to believe and do..

I don't know why need to extend the discussion that long when the title already speaks for itself.

Buying Dip - it is time to Accumulate because we are in dip market now abd this is the perfect timing for it.

HODL - this will stand on how  long we can take the holding..  some are just for the net halving and bullrun , but others wanted to take as far as the market can go.

but for me? i will depend in what i do believe and that is buying every amount that i can risk , and will hold till then if not forever .
But in this case we also need to discuss about some methods or strategies that are done. I don't really have a problem with discussions like this it's just that when talking about investing then I will be firm that bitcoin is something that is very feasible for me but when talking about the strategies carried out I have never considered myself perfect in investing so that with discussions like this we can know what we can adopt from others by looking at the shortcomings that we did before.
I think about the strategies and methods used for investment still have to be upgraded because even though being in bitcoin is something very good but if the way we do it is wrong then the results will definitely be less than optimal.

Maybe you should give an example from yourself? 

You have been a member of the forum since 2015, so perhaps you could have started out with one strategy and then changed to another and then changed to another. 

I hate to tell too much about myself because I have told about myself so many times that I am sure that members get worn out from hearing my story.

So go ahead Furious 7 - or anyone else.. tell us how you might have started out your BTC accumulation strategy and then how you might have changed it from time to time in order to try to make it better.  And another thing, I don't really think that we want to hear about trading, but more in lines with how you might have engaged in some kind of an accumulation strategy, and sure many members do get distracted into trading and distracted into shitcoins and then they realize that they should have had employed and maintained a more consistent and ongoing buying strategy, whether it was DCA or buying BTC on dips or some combination of those two.

Dewi Aries
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1090

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 09:32:48 PM

You have been a member of the forum since 2015, so perhaps you could have started out with one strategy and then changed to another and then changed to another. 

I hate to tell too much about myself because I have told about myself so many times that I am sure that members get worn out from hearing my story.

So go ahead Furious 7 - or anyone else.. tell us how you might have started out your BTC accumulation strategy and then how you might have changed it from time to time in order to try to make it better.  And another thing, I don't really think that we want to hear about trading, but more in lines with how you might have engaged in some kind of an accumulation strategy, and sure many members do get distracted into trading and distracted into shitcoins and then they realize that they should have had employed and maintained a more consistent and ongoing buying strategy, whether it was DCA or buying BTC on dips or some combination of those two.
I have asked before, those who often say they buy in stages throughout the year, can I see a more efficient description of the strategy they use, do they only buy with an accumulation of $10 per week or accumulate every quarter. A good strategy is to buy at every dip that occurs consistently rather than buying $10 at every stage, because you have to pay petrol costs which are considered inappropriate at every stage they do. Well, I agree with you JJG, a fairly accurate description of the topic is to buy and hold and forget about trading because it can have a bad effect on the sustainability of the investment being made. True holders are those who do not see a sell button in a component they have planned. Depending on their strategy, the most important thing is to buy and continue to hold.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 09:58:20 PM

I have asked before, those who often say they buy in stages throughout the year, can I see a more efficient description of the strategy they use, do they only buy with an accumulation of $10 per week or accumulate every quarter. A good strategy is to buy at every dip that occurs consistently rather than buying $10 at every stage, because you have to pay petrol costs which are considered inappropriate at every stage they do. Well, I agree with you JJG, a fairly accurate description of the topic is to buy and hold and forget about trading because it can have a bad effect on the sustainability of the investment being made. True holders are those who do not see a sell button in a component they have planned. Depending on their strategy, the most important thing is to buy and continue to hold.

You don't even need to talk specifically about yourself Dewi Aries... you can suggest the hypothetical parameters.. so if someone is feeling that s/he is paying too many fees to buy BTC every single week because he ONLY has $10 per week on average, then there could be questions about whether it is wise to let those amounts build up.. so sometimes people can buy every single week, but then just let the amount build up to several hundred dollars before they move it from an exchange to a private wallet. 

Sure, it could be a little problematic if you are buying directly from a person, and sometimes, they might have a minimum that is several hundred dollars before they will even transact with you because they do not want to be having to interact with you with small transactions, so maybe in those cases you would have to wait several weeks or even several months before the amount of money that you have is high enough to meet their minimum transaction threshold.

Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2023, 10:44:54 PM

Sure, it could be a little problematic if you are buying directly from a person, and sometimes, they might have a minimum that is several hundred dollars before they will even transact with you because they do not want to be having to interact with you with small transactions, so maybe in those cases you would have to wait several weeks or even several months before the amount of money that you have is high enough to meet their minimum transaction threshold.
Yeah that's true, in most cases they tend to charge more higher because in every transactions there is always a gas fee so the seller will always make sure the buyers covers for the fees, perhaps even if the seller agrees to sell to him with any amount provided he pays for the gas fees the buyer will still lose because by the time some percent of gas fees will be deducted from each buys his accumulation targets will completely change, the best way is to buy from an exchange were as he could buy any amount he desires with a risk free instead of buying from someone which perhaps may have other criteria or minimum transaction amount before transacting.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 30, 2023, 11:05:28 PM

Yeah that's true, in most cases they tend to charge more higher because in every transactions there is always a gas fee so the seller will always make sure the buyers covers for the fees, perhaps even if the seller agrees to sell to him with any amount provided he pays for the gas fees the buyer will still lose because by the time some percent of gas fees will be deducted from each buys his accumulation targets will completely change, the best way is to buy from an exchange were as he could buy any amount he desires with a risk free instead of buying from someone which perhaps may have other criteria or minimum transaction amount before transacting.

First of all bitcoin does not have gas fees.  That is a shitcoin (probably ethereum) term.   Nonetheless, there usually would be some kind of a transaction fee in order to move the coins, but usually individuals will not sell BTC at spot price - so there can be some variance depending on how you know the person and perhaps the extent to which there is competition and maybe Bitcoin's price dynamics at the time of the transaction.  Transaction fees are not necessarily going to be very high when doing a private transaction, but the person who is selling might choose to have anywhere between 2% and 20% fees.. again depending.

Fees will tend to be lower when going through exchanges but fees vary and the level of KYC requirements vary too. .just like those kinds of matters might vary in regards to bitcoin ATMs or other possible ways of transacting.  There is not necessarily a best way, because someone might be trying to optimize for low fees and someone else might be trying to optimize for privacy, and there could be some other considerations too. involving if there might be either security risk or even risks of having coins frozen (locked-up) through exchanges.

Iranus

Activity: 1792
Merit: 534

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 02:49:07 AM

Because my sell target is still the new ATH, as long as the price remains below my sell target, I will buy without worrying about the price.
Hopefully you do not end up selling too many BTC too soon, and a lot of BTC HODLers have learned to modify how much they plan to sell.. and sometimes they move down from their ideas of selling 100% to selling 50% and then sometimes they realize that maybe they should not sell any more than 20% to 40%.. so there can be some variation and even some decisions to cut back on the idea of selling - especially since many times the previous ATH is not really a place to sell.. it is known as a kind of deadman's zone in which the BTC price tends to pass through.. of course, no guarantees...and maybe that is why sometimes folks end up selling too much of their stash at previous ATHs but then the BTC price does not end  up revisiting those previous ATH prices when it drops back down.. your milage will vary for sure.
I see people setting a sell goal of $100k for the next bull season, but I have a higher target because I believe the upcoming bull season will be a super cycle. Furthermore, I will only sell when the price reaches the target, I will not rush and excitedly sell the majority of my bitcoin just because it surpassed $69k, which was the old ATH. It may be high compared to many, but I believe bitcoin will be able to reach $150k-180k in the upcoming bull run and that is when I will sell my bitcoin.

In case bitcoin fails to achieve that target, I will continue to be a long-term holder for next season. That's why I decided to choose DCA monthly and not worry too much about the price in the short term.

I feel as if I am repeating myself, and I know that we are not talking about selling in this thread, but sometimes there seems to be some need to make a point, which you keep talking about selling all your bitcoin which  and then you talk about holding after that which largely seems to mean that you would sell and then try to buy back later.

Let's say that a hypothetical person got into BTC in early 2016, and such person had a salary that when from $10k to $30k in the past 7 years, so if such person had not made too many other investments, maybe such person had made some mistakes along the way, but maybe ended up accumulating 2 bitcoin.... so it could be possible that such person never sells all of his/her bitcoin but instead maybe shaves off 10% of his/her then holdings at various points in time.. at $100k, at $150k, at $250k.. .. so even if there might be questions of BTC price direction, the amount of BTC that is sold is less than the profits that had been made in the integers.. and surely you could look at 2 BTC and you could say that from $30k to $100k the profits had gone up $70k per coin, so a total of $140k for that price move, so if there is a decision to sell 50% or less than the profits, you will never run out of bitcoin and you will still be able to skim off pretty decent profits to either be able to buy back if the BTC price goes down or just use such value for consumption purposes.. .

yet, I still would suggest that if you are still in accumulation stages, then it is problematic to be selling too many BTC on the way up and expecting to be able to buy back lower.. but if you think you got it all figured out regarding when to sell and when to buy back that is up to you.. and I think that I probably have already deviated enough from the topic in terms of talking about selling ideas, since this thread is not about it and I still think that conservative selling on the way up if any is still somewhat potentially somewhat still aligned with ideas and accumulation focused theme of this thread.
Thank you for your helpful advice, I will take the time to review my investment plan. You're right, the discussion is straying from what this topic is about, and selling is not appropriate to discuss too much here. We should focus on Buy DIP and HODL, this is the main content that needs to be discussed further in this topic.

Personally I think a little knowledge in candlestick patterns would help in the long run if a trader or investo ...

Whether you are an investor or a trader, when entering the market, always prepare yourself with complete knowledge because knowledge is the only path that leads us to success. Knowledge is never useless, the more knowledge you have, the more opportunities you have to succeed.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
BitcoinsGreat

Activity: 980
Merit: 280

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 03:45:29 AM

You may publish your own story at the OP post of this thread, it will not only be motivational for the others but at the same time you will not have to tell from time to time again.

sure many members do get distracted into trading and distracted into shitcoins and then they realize that they should have had employed and maintained a more consistent and ongoing buying strategy, whether it was DCA or buying BTC on dips or some combination of those two.

The altcoins and the whole trading ecosystem is only made so that people sell their bitcoins for altcoins and keep holding bag of altcoins  Huh
hyudien

Activity: 1960
Merit: 591

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 08:49:33 AM

Another angle towards ongoing BTC investing, including that bitcoin remains quit a great asymmetric upside bet, so even if someone ends up choosing an overly whimpy BTC investment approach, they still likely enjoy relatively decent odds of being able to prosper from their choice towards having had invested in bitcoin, stacking sats through the years and even HODLing during worrisome periods.
Talking about a decent opportunity this year is often tied to the retailer's last chance to collect sats. Because based on the news, large institutions continue to increase investor interest in buying larger amounts and holding them longer. I don't want that moment to be missed. So even with inconsistent investment, this can still provide a small opportunity to enjoy it in the future. Increasing cash flow is something I always try to address and minimize as effectively as possible with structured management. Involved my wife to act as financial assistant and gradually we started to fix the inconsistencies especially in investment allocation.

Let's say if someone had got into bitcoin in April 2016, and they had invested $10 per week, and based on about a $3,920 investment into BTC, by now, they could have accumulated around 1.2 BTC.  And, so maybe you are kicking yourself right now because whatever you did, did not result in that level of BTC appreciation, so I personally would suggest to get started doing that, and if you want to try to attempt to make up for your not having had been able to accumulate 1.2BTC by now based on such earlier investments, then maybe you might want to try to be more aggressive in the neighborhood of $100 per week rather than $10 per week, and surely you might still take a long time to get up to 1.2BTC or maybe you will never be able to accumulate 1.2 BTC, so in the end, you have to just figure out the level of aggressiveness that you feel sufficiently works for you and your circumstances without ending up putting yourself into a situation in which you will get reckt or even that you might get reckt because you ended up being too greedy.

in 2017 I collected around 2 BTC and made me breathe easier by spending what I wanted to buy. But you were alone at that time, nothing could stop me from holding it any longer until now. Moments that are lost and will never come back. It will be the most beautiful memory that I will remember forever.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2023, 09:07:39 AM

I have learnt never to sell my Bitcoin with the hope of buying it back  when price supposedly reduces. There is a high chance you will never replenish the Bitcoin. So I feel this pattern of buying at the dip and selling at the peak will not work for everyone as not everyone have the discipline to do that. Besides, is there any way to completely determine what the dip and peak are?  

Assuming you bought Bitcoin around $8k and some around $15k, probably you bought lets say 5 BTC in total. If you sold this in 2021 around $60k, this represent a descent profits. fast forward to today, there are high chances you have not replenished your portfolio with 5 BTC and this means even if you might have more money in fiat, yu have depleted your Bitcoin portfolio and anything that makes Bitcoin create a new ATH, you might likely be depressed seeing that your overall decision was not the best. On the other hand, you have kept a large chunk of that money as fiat, there is the possibility you inflation would have eaten deep into the money.

The ultimate aim of every believer in Bitcoin will be to own Bitcoin. In other words, you can not be a true Bitcoiner when you are overly ready to deplete your portfolio at the sight of profit even though you have the intention of buying it again at some point as this have turned to a game of probability. It is not a good position to be in my opinion.

Your overall theme sounds good, but there is something wrong with your example.. because if someone bought 5 BTC for an average price of around $12k, that person would have spent around $60k for those 5 BTC, so there surely could be ways to sell some of the BTC and buy them back and to end up with more BTC.  So you are seeming to give away too much by assuming that they are able to sell at or near the top.. and if anyone ends up selling at or near the top, they end up having a lot of options to buy back lower if they did not end up spending it for consumption purposes and they kept that money in their investment portfolio.
I understand your point completely and yes, you are right. Nevertheless, what I gave was an assumption... from experience, those who buy low to sell high usually do not necessarily wait for the peak but do sell as soon as they see considerable profits. So, I doubt they could be so patient and organized to buy at $12k and sell at $60k. The chances of this happening is very slim because no one would be able to know for certain that Bitcoin will go as high as $60k before the present retracing.

Looking at historic data and considering that market have this way of testing our psychology, it is most likely that they bought and sold at prices we are not even capturing. To be specific, Bitcoin made a high of $19,891 in 2017 before retracing to around $3,200 in January 2019. It rallied to around $12k in April 2019, so anyone who bought low would have targeted the previous ATH of 2017. This means those that bought around $12k would have sold around December 2020 when Bitcoin smashed the high of 2017 to hit around $29k before 2020 ended. From this point onward, Bitcoin never experienced any huge dip and this means that those who buy low to sell high might have missed the bull run of 2021 and even if they managed to jump in after selling their previous stash for profits, they most likely bought above $29k.

The point I am making is that even though this patter appear attractive to some people, it might make someone miss wonderful opportunity such as buying around $3200 and riding the wave of 2021. This kinds of HODL is only possible for long term holders and not those with the mindset of buy low and sell high.... the high might not really be the true high.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2023, 01:04:51 PM

Whether you are an investor or a trader, when entering the market, always prepare yourself with complete knowledge because knowledge is the only path that leads us to success. Knowledge is never useless, the more knowledge you have, the more opportunities you have to succeed.
Yeah you are right knowledge is very essential at least every trader needs the theoretical or pratical understanding about trading before venturing into, but in most cases people disregard knowledge because of greed which always turns out bad, but to evaluation victims, is mostly the beginners that always fall victim because of ignorance, every successful traders undergone processes of learning and acquiring knowledge to no the concept, Technical and fundamental analysis of the market before going in to trade, and perhaps knowledge doesn't only required on trading but on our daily life's we need knowledge for business, accumulation and holding in fact in all our day to day activities.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
DICE 
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 01:27:57 PM

Yeah you are right knowledge is very essential at least every trader needs the theoretical or pratical understanding about trading before venturing into, but in most cases people disregard knowledge because of greed which always turns out bad, but to evaluation victims, is mostly the beginners that always fall victim because of ignorance, every successful traders undergone processes of learning and acquiring knowledge to no the concept, Technical and fundamental analysis of the market before going in to trade, and perhaps knowledge doesn't only required on trading but on our daily life's we need knowledge for business, accumulation and holding in fact in all our day to day activities.

Any trading requires knowledge, so here if we want to invest in Bitcoin, we must gather our knowledge in different ways. Because according to DCA strategy we need to invest Bitcoin once every week or once a month according to our source of income. And not every time a small amount of assets from an exchange can be stored in one's wallet, a small amount of assets per week or month for a long time can be hundreds of dollars. Big sellers may not contact you as per regular DCA strategy (since you are a small investor) in which case you will have to wait for a long time and turn several hundreds of dollars. This way you can own a large amount of wealth at one time but have to invest regularly.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 02:13:53 PM

You may publish your own story at the OP post of this thread, it will not only be motivational for the others but at the same time you will not have to tell from time to time again.

I have a "BTC investment ideas thread" that largely outlines aspects of my bitcoin investment journey, and of course from time to time, I will talk about some other angles when it seems that there might be some necessity to make some comparisons and contrasts.... Surely with many of the longer time bitcoiners, we sometimes will stray away from too many personal details, speak in terms of hypotheticals and maybe even throw out some pieces of information that may well end up being on a fictional character that may or may not exist inside of any real world.

sure many members do get distracted into trading and distracted into shitcoins and then they realize that they should have had employed and maintained a more consistent and ongoing buying strategy, whether it was DCA or buying BTC on dips or some combination of those two.
The altcoins and the whole trading ecosystem is only made so that people sell their bitcoins for altcoins and keep holding bag of altcoins  Huh

I frequently will provide a contradictory message in terms of telling people to both stay the fuck away from shitcoins, while at the same time acknowledging that they can do whatever they like.   So anyone getting involved in shitcoin better at least be reminded that they need to be skeptical of those various projects and presume them to largely be wanting to take their coins, so in that regard, there needs to be ongoing concerns about both position size (how much you going to risk on being rug pulled), and attempting to reasonably time an in and out. because frequently the rug pulls or the drying up of liquidity will happen quickly and at a time that might not necessarily allow any kind of ability to get rid of the coin in order to save the guy/gal investing into such risky gambling crap.

Another angle towards ongoing BTC investing, including that bitcoin remains quit a great asymmetric upside bet, so even if someone ends up choosing an overly whimpy BTC investment approach, they still likely enjoy relatively decent odds of being able to prosper from their choice towards having had invested in bitcoin, stacking sats through the years and even HODLing during worrisome periods.
Talking about a decent opportunity this year is often tied to the retailer's last chance to collect sats. Because based on the news, large institutions continue to increase investor interest in buying larger amounts and holding them longer. I don't want that moment to be missed. So even with inconsistent investment, this can still provide a small opportunity to enjoy it in the future. Increasing cash flow is something I always try to address and minimize as effectively as possible with structured management. Involved my wife to act as financial assistant and gradually we started to fix the inconsistencies especially in investment allocation.

There is no rush to get into bitcoin because anyone is going to be able to get into bitcoin, whether now or whether at some later time, and surely one of the advantages of getting in earlier is that you are both likely to be able to buy more bitcoin for fewer dollars and you are also going to have the advantage of being able to continuously be buying in such a way that you might not notice it so much (or to have pressure) like you might have if you were going to be having to invest into bitcoin in a lump sum...

So for example, even if a person got into bitcoin 3 years ago, and ended up buying $100 per week, spending $15,700 on their bitcoin investment while having an average cost of a $27,200 per bitcoin, then maybe s/he was able to accumulate 0.6 BTC during that time, that person is likely in way better position than someone of a similar economic status coming to bitcoin right now and trying to figure out how to get a hold of $15,700 to buy the same amount of bitcoin.

In other words, it can be quite difficult to lump sum into any investment, whether bitcoin or any other investment.. including a likely reality that those lump sums are not available to an overwhelming majority of people and also showing that time in the market tends to work out way better than trying to time the market.

Let's say if someone had got into bitcoin in April 2016, and they had invested $10 per week, and based on about a $3,920 investment into BTC, by now, they could have accumulated around 1.2 BTC.  And, so maybe you are kicking yourself right now because whatever you did, did not result in that level of BTC appreciation, so I personally would suggest to get started doing that, and if you want to try to attempt to make up for your not having had been able to accumulate 1.2BTC by now based on such earlier investments, then maybe you might want to try to be more aggressive in the neighborhood of $100 per week rather than $10 per week, and surely you might still take a long time to get up to 1.2BTC or maybe you will never be able to accumulate 1.2 BTC, so in the end, you have to just figure out the level of aggressiveness that you feel sufficiently works for you and your circumstances without ending up putting yourself into a situation in which you will get reckt or even that you might get reckt because you ended up being too greedy.
in 2017 I collected around 2 BTC and made me breathe easier by spending what I wanted to buy. But you were alone at that time, nothing could stop me from holding it any longer until now. Moments that are lost and will never come back. It will be the most beautiful memory that I will remember forever.

I should have put a link in my above example of $10 per week from April 2016 to present that you are citing  (here it is).. and you surely seem to have had been able to relate to real facts that maybe a bit of a more consistent approach in terms of ongoingly accumulating bitcoin and maybe even attempting to be a bit aggressive about it without going overboard will end up contributing to a psychology in which you are mostly accumulating BTC and not fucking around with selling, even if you might get some short term pleasures from the profits that come from the short-term sales.... and even some of the longer term BTC holders get nervous about selling too much BTC too soon.. so frequently will hold through the first couple of cycles, even though it can be quite painful when big drops happen.. and it is hard to know when they are going to happen or how much and so trying to figure out various selling points is even more risky for bitcoiners who consider themselves to be in earlier parts of their BTC accumulation stage.

[edited out]
I understand your point completely and yes, you are right. Nevertheless, what I gave was an assumption... from experience, those who buy low to sell high usually do not necessarily wait for the peak but do sell as soon as they see considerable profits. So, I doubt they could be so patient and organized to buy at $12k and sell at $60k. The chances of this happening is very slim because no one would be able to know for certain that Bitcoin will go as high as $60k before the present retracing.

Looking at historic data and considering that market have this way of testing our psychology, it is most likely that they bought and sold at prices we are not even capturing. To be specific, Bitcoin made a high of $19,891 in 2017 before retracing to around $3,200 in January 2019. It rallied to around $12k in April 2019, so anyone who bought low would have targeted the previous ATH of 2017. This means those that bought around $12k would have sold around December 2020 when Bitcoin smashed the high of 2017 to hit around $29k before 2020 ended. From this point onward, Bitcoin never experienced any huge dip and this means that those who buy low to sell high might have missed the bull run of 2021 and even if they managed to jump in after selling their previous stash for profits, they most likely bought above $29k.

The point I am making is that even though this patter appear attractive to some people, it might make someone miss wonderful opportunity such as buying around $3200 and riding the wave of 2021. This kinds of HODL is only possible for long term holders and not those with the mindset of buy low and sell high.... the high might not really be the true high.

I do agree with your overall point that it risky to be making any kinds of BIG moves, and any kind of strategy that it is taken should overall be focused on BTC accumulation.. including selling is not even as close to as good as buying when a person has BTC accumulation goals... nonetheless there are still ways to make overall strategies to manage BTC portfolios that involve selling.. but my own position remains that it is not good to start to employ those kinds of strategies until you have reached a decently high BTC accumulation level (relative to your overall wealth.. and you can project out reasonable and prudent ways to deal with BTC price moves that fit your own personal financial and psychological situation).

I think we don't really disagree too much, and  it also seems that I have already given several examples (even in this thread) to make this point -  and it is not exactly on topic, so for now, I will hold back from providing another example in this direction.

bitLeap

Activity: 1162
Merit: 476

View Profile
October 01, 2023, 02:52:04 PM

Knowledge is important, but we should also keep in mind that in practice it might be a little different. For example, we have the knowledge that by holding bitcoin it will make our future brighter, but holding can be that easy? of course not, I mean when we are dealing with bearish market conditions for example, sometimes knowledge and panic will collide there, on the one hand we know that we have to stay afloat, on the other hand there is panic seeing the market which will eventually shake us a little. I am talking like this based on my experience when I was still early in the bitcoin space, but slowly I was able to get rid of that panic and now I am more calm even though the market may not be friendly. Instead, I am now thinking how to take advantage of the unfriendly market.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: