Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76032 times)
MusaPk

Activity: 630
Merit: 195

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 10:38:12 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin is called a risky asset because of its volatile nature and that is why, one needs to invest with only the amount that he can afford to lose, so that if bitcoin price goes below his entry point, he can just ignore the price and keep on hodli. That is why it is advisable not to borrow money to invest in bitcoin so that you don't end up selling when it isn't your will, to avoid loss.

We saw Bitcoin price was stable at 30k USD few weeks back and then there is a dip triggered due to some news. Bitcoin in that DIP went down from 30k to 25k and that's the time where your nerves as a HODLER are tested. Its easy to say to HODL but not many can see there investment going down. That DIP is now over and Bitcoin price is moving up towards 30k again. If you have bought Bitcoin when it was down then surely you are getting some profit at the moment. Accumulating more when Bitcoin is down is more beneficial then when its up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Asiska02

Activity: 798
Merit: 669

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 11:21:10 AM

I don't buy that idea that trading can be used to increase your bitcoin portfolio. Trading will only distract you from increasing your bitcoin portfolio, because as long as you believe in that whimpy idea of increasing your bitcoin through trading, you must always trade, even when you are making loss. Trading is like gambling, whereby you have the mindset of making money from gambling, you will end up chasing your loss and losing more. If I have $100 like you said, and I didn't trade with any fraction, I will make more profit in the long term compared to someone that traded with a fraction from his $100. We are talking on how to increase our bitcoin portfolio and not on how to reduce it and only DCA method is more efficient. A trader reduces his bitcoin investment and is expose to higher loss than an hodler, who uses DCA regularly.

DCA has been the best method reiterated to be used to increase your bitcoin holding amidst the high volatile nature of the market. If we all want the bitcoin price to go as low as we wanted to have an entry point, many will never get to invest in bitcoin and its increasing holders will not increase over time. Trading is seen as the best strategy for mostly gamblers. Those that are already exposed to gambling for a long time when coming into bitcoin investment they will prioritize trading over holding which is not a good way for a newbie into bitcoin to go for. A trader is always exposed to risk and can lose all of their investment by taking a very wrong step. The best method still remains to hold as it reduces the risk of losing your money and increase your hope of a better profit in the future.

The point you are making here is not to sell out of panic so that we don't feel the loss because 1 bitcoin is still 1 bitcoin right? and you say it's not risky at all? Indeed, at first glance there is nothing wrong with that, but do we think that we have to hold longer than we should? in my opinion it is a consequence of the risks we take. Isn't that a very closely related thing? So in general I disagree with what you're saying.
On the contrary, I agree that when we do not sell panic when the price drops far from the price we bought then we cannot be said to have lost because we still hold the same amount of bitcoin.
Bitcoin is called a risky asset because of its volatile nature and that is why, one needs to invest with only the amount that he can afford to lose, so that if bitcoin price goes below his entry point, he can just ignore the price and keep on hodli. That is why it is advisable not to borrow money to invest in bitcoin so that you don't end up selling when it isn't your will, to avoid loss.

The Fear of missing out (FOMO) has made many people to go into debts and ultimately forced to exit the market when it is not yet time to reap the profit of their investment. It is good to have an early investment in bitcoin when the price is still low but no one has ever had a peace of mind and sense of profiting while using other people’s money or loaned money to invest in bitcoin. The volatility nature will make you lose hope as early because of the fact that you’re using a money that is not yours. You will be forced to exit the market not to burst people’s money before you even get the profit that will come in the long run. With bitcoin you’re safe but with altcoin you’re just gambling and might not profit you in the future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 11:29:15 AM

I'm not talking/asking about HODLing or investing. I'm asking for everyone's opinions about Bitcoin during a recession environment.
Yeah actually as I always mention on my previous comments, my opinion about the impact of economic recession on Bitcoin is always a likelihood of price increment, however when we talk about recession is actually a situation when there is a decline on economic growth as such resulting to lack of activities, so in this case most people will be looking for an alternative to invest there valuables as such seeing Bitcoin as the only way to invest there money knowing how reliable Bitcoin is and with the hope of making profits in the future, so in this case everybody will channel all there funds investing on Bitcoin as such creating a higher demand on Bitcoin which propels the value of Bitcoin, so recession doesn't affect Bitcoin but instead it will increase the demand and making the price to increase.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10167

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 01:26:40 PM

We can look at the topic of this thread, and we can see that the thread is not about DCA - even though DCA ideas have kind of taken over the topic of the thread - perhaps because it is a bit of a superior idea over the idea of buying on dip and holding (or even the ideas about buying on the dip)..
Hi buddy.. After the exchange of views a couple of times a discussion between the members and my own experiences and learning I started a topic in the Bitcoin discussion where I was expecting that seniors would guide and put forward their views on the Different strategies adoption in different market zones. Haha but unfortunately the topic became a simple DCA praising discussion.

Anyway I would like active members from here to discuss the topic there according to their perspective, it would really helpful for the newbies and members like me who are desiring to get some wordic from the series on different aspects.

Previous Topic Name: How To Accumulate Bitcoin More Effectively In Any Market Zone

Current Topic Name: DCA vs Zone Specific Strategies While Accumulation of Bitcoins

Yes.. I see that you started that thread a couple of days ago.. and I'll put that thread on my list of threads to look at.

Of course, there are quite a few threads that end up having overlapping sub-themes.. and at the same time, sometimes we do need to go back to the OP to try to figure out if members are still even trying to stay on topic in accordance with the OP or sometimes the original topic might even become irrelevant in terms of what kinds of ideas might be being discussed within the thread, which might end up being a sign that the thread needs to be closed.  

I doubt that the topic of buying on the dip and HODL will ever become irrelevant, even if those practices are subsets of a variety of different kinds of BTC accumulation strategies that normies likely end up employing.. and that such practices and the extent to which they are done might change depending on where normies are at in their bitcoin accumulation journey (and we know that there are so much of the overall world's population that have not even started accumulating bitcoin yet.. they are barely passed the hearing about bitcoin and thinking they know what it is, so one of the next stages for the no coiners is to get some of it and at least become a low coiner prior to advancing further.. or losing their coins if they screw it up or don't realize which coins are more valuable in accordance with Gresham's law ideas)..

We saw Bitcoin price was stable at 30k USD few weeks back and then there is a dip triggered due to some news. Bitcoin in that DIP went down from 30k to 25k and that's the time where your nerves as a HODLER are tested. Its easy to say to HODL but not many can see there investment going down. That DIP is now over and Bitcoin price is moving up towards 30k again. If you have bought Bitcoin when it was down then surely you are getting some profit at the moment. Accumulating more when Bitcoin is down is more beneficial then when its up.

For sure, it seems that the dip from $30k to $25k is over.. but not easy to say with certainty.. since we are currently in the middle of the range.. so no one can really say for sure that the dip is over.. and that $25k support might not be broken to the downside.

It is hard to bet either way, even though sometimes people act as if they know, and then they tell you "I told you so," after the fact... but I doubt that they really know with any level of confidence that maybe at best might get into the 60% to 70% arena before all the events end up playing out. 

Sure, from time to time, there are some price set ups that make it seem more likely of one price direction or another in the short-term, but I doubt that we are currently in one of those kinds of a set up.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 01:58:15 PM

Before now, I was buying Bitcoin at different price points right from the $29k zone down to below the $25k zone with pending orders even around the $20k zone. But since I learnt about the DCA method, I have been using it to buy and it's been so wonderful. Now I do not pay much attention to the price as I have certain amount of dollar I convert to Bitcoin per week. So far, I have found peace and comfort knowing that my investment will yield profits with time.

We can look at the topic of this thread, and we can see that the thread is not about DCA - even though DCA ideas have kind of taken over the topic of the thread - perhaps because it is a bit of a superior idea over the idea of buying on dip and holding (or even the ideas about buying on the dip)..
Hi buddy.. After the exchange of views a couple of times a discussion between the members and my own experiences and learning I started a topic in the Bitcoin discussion where I was expecting that seniors would guide and put forward their views on the Different strategies adoption in different market zones. Haha but unfortunately the topic became a simple DCA praising discussion.

Anyway I would like active members from here to discuss the topic there according to their perspective, it would really helpful for the newbies and members like me who are desiring to get some wordic from the series on different aspects.

Previous Topic Name: How To Accumulate Bitcoin More Effectively In Any Market Zone

Current Topic Name: DCA vs Zone Specific Strategies While Accumulation of Bitcoins

Yes.. I see that you started that thread a couple of days ago.. and I'll put that thread on my list of threads to look at.
This seems like a discussion here sometime ago where someone suggested applying both the DCA method together with buying at the dip (instant buys atcertain low price points). I did not follow up to the conclusion of the discussion but I felt the tone of various comments here suggested it was feasible.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Adams0001

Activity: 420
Merit: 152

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 02:47:57 PM

Exactly because when the bitcoin price is low, you have enough funds to invest with it and make a huge profit when the price rises, when the bitcoin price is low it is an opportunity for the investor to add money to their investment so that they will make a profit, Bitcoin is volatile and that makes it good to invest in my opinion, I can't call bitcoin a big risk because whenever I invest with it, even if the price goes down, I won't sell it because the price will rise again It is not like trading in which you will lose all of your funds if you lack knowledge about bitcoin trading.

DaNNy001

Activity: 602
Merit: 504

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 03:22:20 PM

This is basically the most simplest but yet hard way for some Bitcoin investor. The Dip is handle by different investor in different ways as some of these investor tend to be frightened even though there are aware that their money in the investment won't dry off, that fear is still in their mind and they tend to succum to it and do the least of which is expected from Bitcoin investor who are planing to hold their coins for long .

While some other investor actually use this means as an advantage and this type of investors are the strong holder who always stick to their plans and strong principle when it's comes to tempering with their holdings (Bitcoin).

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
█░░░░░░█░░░░░░█
▀███▀░░▀███▀░░▀███▀
▀░▀░░░░▀░▀░░░░▀░▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░█░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
░█░██░░███░░░█░██
░█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
khiholangkang

Activity: 2002
Merit: 555

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 03:47:38 PM

Of course, there are quite a few threads that end up having overlapping sub-themes.. and at the same time, sometimes we do need to go back to the OP to try to figure out if members are still even trying to stay on topic in accordance with the OP or sometimes the original topic might even become irrelevant in terms of what kinds of ideas might be being discussed within the thread, which might end up being a sign that the thread needs to be closed.  

Do you really want to pay attention? I think the contents will not be far from what we are talking about here sir (discuss it will spin with what we have discussed here), and the scope is limited, which forces someone to talk about other things there, so it will not be relevant to The title, for me personally, is better to pay attention to this thread than to pay attention to other threads which basically lead to the same discussion.

I'm not sure you will waste time for that sir. Grin

But it is good, more and more people talk about DCA strategies and suggest it, more and more people who understand this strategy that we consider to be safer strategies for any market conditions in its application.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
salad daging

Activity: 1638
Merit: 794

Bitcoin To The Moon 📈📈📈

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 03:58:41 PM

This is basically the most simplest but yet hard way for some Bitcoin investor. The Dip is handle by different investor in different ways as some of these investor tend to be frightened even though there are aware that their money in the investment won't dry off, that fear is still in their mind and they tend to succum to it and do the least of which is expected from Bitcoin investor who are planing to hold their coins for long .

While some other investor actually use this means as an advantage and this type of investors are the strong holder who always stick to their plans and strong principle when it's comes to tempering with their holdings (Bitcoin).
If you can't afford to buy during DIP then don't force it because for this method you have to be ready with the capital because when the price drops then buy, but when the capital is not ready then don't do this because it will be a complicated process later especially when the cash flow is unstable, still the best choice is DCA you don't need to collect money first, but when you get every month you can go directly to DCA regardless of how much it is still the best way.

I know buy dip is a way where you want to get bitcoin at a cheap price, this kind of purchase will not be every time because the price of bitcoin will definitely go up even if it goes up from $25K to $30K but I'm sure you want to buy at $25K rather than $30K, so with DCA it's not like that regardless of the price we will continue to get bitcoin every week if that's your plan.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 04:00:08 PM

For sure, it seems that the dip from $30k to $25k is over.. but not easy to say with certainty.. since we are currently in the middle of the range.. so no one can really say for sure that the dip is over.. and that $25k support might not be broken to the downside.

It is hard to bet either way, even though sometimes people act as if they know, and then they tell you "I told you so," after the fact... but I doubt that they really know with any level of confidence that maybe at best might get into the 60% to 70% arena before all the events end up playing out. 

Sure, from time to time, there are some price set ups that make it seem more likely of one price direction or another in the short-term, but I doubt that we are currently in one of those kinds of a set up.

Right, I quite agree with your assumption, and honestly I would also say the same thing, which seems to be true that the price decline to the $25k area is over, I also won't say that this is certain but it is still speculation and I say it according to the predictions that I know, the last time I saw the price of $25k was at the beginning of September yesterday when the price was in a sideways phase and was looking for indications for the next price formation. One resistance in the previous time has been successfully broken and if we look at the formation of new support afterwards it is much higher than the previous support, and I see the latest support in the short term is in the area or price of $ 26,200.
So in my view just looking at the formation of this trend confirmation is enough to conclude that bullish has begun to dominate and of course that means for the short term or even the next few months the price will not return to touch the price of $ 25k.

It's true like there are some people who say they like to know everything when in fact it is very difficult to fully predict, and maybe even if it can be only a few percent accurate. Honestly in this matter I would not really advise people to follow my way, because obviously everyone's perspective must be different in terms of analysis, and well maybe I'll just try it myself because indirectly it's like testing my own abilities to what extent. And well the point is there will always be a reason why prices can move, or I mean the reason why prices can lead there, and I'm always learning to improve my knowledge in order to find out that reason.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
MCUKing

Activity: 115
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 04:05:05 PM

Hmm, anyway as I have updated the title maybe those who just post, without even reading the content may now focus on the point, whether they do read or not doesn't matter in the case where they respond to the point. My primary motive is to obtain some experienced insights into the other strategies except for the DCA. I'm not sure how many here truly understand the DCA except for the basic concept that they've heard from others..  Grin Grin (I can be wrong as well maybe all of them are well aware of it).

I thinking for the ending point you've mentioned as I had responded to many of the members in my last post on the thread, let's wait patiently for a couple of more posts, and than I will also look for your suggestion as well.
wallet4bitcoin

Activity: 896
Merit: 279

Bons.io Telegram Casino

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 04:13:36 PM

I doubt that the topic of buying on the dip and HODL will ever become irrelevant, even if those practices are subsets of a variety of different kinds of BTC accumulation strategies that normies likely end up employing.. and that such practices and the extent to which they are done might change depending on where normies are at in their bitcoin accumulation journey (and we know that there are so much of the overall world's population that have not even started accumulating bitcoin yet.. they are barely passed the hearing about bitcoin and thinking they know what it is, so one of the next stages for the no coiners is to get some of it and at least become a low coiner prior to advancing further.. or losing their coins if they screw it up or don't realize which coins are more valuable in accordance with Gresham's law ideas)..

Conclusively, it will be wise to just have an open mindset about the direction of the market and buying shouldn't be with a fixed expected speculative outcome, buying should be achieved through DCA so it doesn't seem like you got in at the 'idiot' point.

█████████████████      ███████████████    ██████████  ████████    █████████████
    █    ███████   ███████  ████████      █████  ███████████ ████████    ██████   ██████ 
        █████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ▅▅  ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ████████
  █  ▀▀  ████████████████    ████████      █████  ████████████████████    ██████████████
     ▅▅████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████              █████   
       ▀▀████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████████████████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄      █████
▅▅▅▅▄ ████████   ███████  ████████      █████  ████████ ███████████  ▀▀██████████████
        █████████████████     ████████████████   ████████ ███████████    ▀▀▀██████████

Your Intro
Telegram Casino
to Fun & Entertainment
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
The Next-Gen
Gaming Space
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
  ▄▄█████████████▄▄
██▀               ▀████▄
                       ██
   ██            ■■    ██
 ██████        ■■  ■■  ███
   ██    ▀ ▀     ■■    ███     
     ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃        ██
    █████████████      ██
    ██          ████████▀
████▀           ▀█████▀
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

Hero - Legendary Member
MCUKing

Activity: 115
Merit: 69

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 04:26:56 PM

Do you really want to pay attention? I think the contents will not be far from what we are talking about here sir (discuss it will spin with what we have discussed here), and the scope is limited, which forces someone to talk about other things there, so it will not be relevant to The title, for me personally, is better to pay attention to this thread than to pay attention to other threads which basically lead to the same discussion.

But it is good, more and more people talk about DCA strategies and suggest them, and more and more people understand this strategy that we consider to be safer strategies for any market conditions in its application.

Ahh.. do you really think I haven't gone through this thread I think I have almost read the maximum number of pages, all of the newbies and other members are only discussing the DCA, and I don't think so just DCA is sufficient enough, practically DCA can be an all-rounder but in the market, DAC is not a dead end hope you've got it..

Something called safe play is DCA and something called value investing with risk management, hope so its sufficient enough to point out what I'm talking about.

Ndabagi01

Activity: 560
Merit: 287

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 04:34:45 PM

This is only a simple consensus that if followed on a regular basis, you will have no problems with your bitcoin investment. The power that influences the emotions and thinking of bitcoin investors is extremely powerful and difficult to control.  If you haven't been in that circumstance, you won't understand what it's like to have a grip as your investment begins to fall apart right in front of your eyes. Overcoming all of this is what makes one a better investor; but, in order to reap the rewards of all of this, you must approach the market with an open mind, ready to face market volatility without losing your sense of patience in the market. If you can conquer this, you will be a better HODLER and investment will move smoothly as planned.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Frankolala

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 04:38:27 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2023, 04:52:08 PM by Frankolala

Exactly because when the bitcoin price is low, you have enough funds to invest with it and make a huge profit when the price rises, when the bitcoin price is low it is an opportunity for the investor to add money to their investment so that they will make a profit, Bitcoin is volatile and that makes it good to invest in my opinion, I can't call bitcoin a big risk because whenever I invest with it, even if the price goes down, I won't sell it because the price will rise again It is not like trading in which you will lose all of your funds if you lack knowledge about bitcoin trading.

We are talking about how one can increase his bitcoin investment portfolio through DCA method and how hodli for a long term so that his profit can accumulate over time. Not buying at the dip and selling with just a little increase in price. Selling is not part of it but how one can be very patient enough to gradually build up his bitcoin investment portfolio to a significant amount, even though it takes maybe 10-20 years, so that at that time one can be happy with the amount of bitcoin he has.

When you sell immediately the price increase with very tiny percentage, you are only chasing shadows and you are not a hodler but a gambler because, when bitcoin price surpasses the price that you sold, you might not be able to wait for the dip again because nobody knows when bitcoin price will dip. Bitcoin sold can't be bought back easily especially when you sell at a lower price, this is the reason why DCA is the best method that is flexible to use to accumulate and increase your bitcoin portfolio over time. Only long term hodlers with regular DCA will not panic if bitcoin price dumps or pumps.

But it is good, more and more people talk about DCA strategies and suggest it, more and more people who understand this strategy that we consider to be safer strategies for any market conditions in its application.
You don't need to sound like that, if you don't see anything that you can contribute or gain from the thread doesn't mean that you will discouraged someone who has already made his mind to read the thread. JJG, contribution on that thread will help a lot of newbies and forum members to learn more. We are in a free world and let people feel free to drop their opinion.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Makus

Activity: 308
Merit: 214

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 04:44:53 PM
Merited by fillippone (1)

One of the reasons I love this forum is the fact that you'll see people with the same mind set, issues and same goal to achieve... For the past 5 days, the price has been in a sideways trend at $27k, though I cannot tell if this is the ultimate dip before the halving, but some bitcoiners around my residents still think bitcoin will go as low as $15k before the halving, and they are still waiting for that to happen before they accumulate more coins but my advise will always be, buy now this might be the dip before halving.. Predictions might go wrong, especially when it comes to Bitcoin, but they never concur because they made a prediction I kicked against once, but it later came out favouring them.

because whenever I invest with it, even if the price goes down, I won't sell it because the price will rise again It is not like trading in which you will lose all of your funds if you lack knowledge about bitcoin trading.

This is exactly the fact that keeps me going, no matter how bearish or sideway the trend may look, I still keep the believe that it will rise again. However, a bitcoin trader cannot lose his fund due to lack of knowledge about Bitcoin when compared to that of a forex trader, but shallow knowledge about Bitcoin on the other hand can still make a trader to sell his coins at loss when the trend goes bearish. 
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2023, 05:39:09 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2023, 06:25:53 PM by Roseline492

Ahh.. do you really think I haven't gone through this thread I think I have almost read the maximum number of pages, all of the newbies and other members are only discussing the DCA, and I don't think so just DCA is sufficient enough, practically DCA can be an all-rounder but in the market, DAC is not a dead end hope you've got it..
So long as Bitcoin market is concern  DCA strategy remains the ultimate strategy for accumulation of Bitcoin because it works not only for beginners but also on more experience people by building their mindset and also expanding their course of knowledge to see the risk involves on accumulation without a good strategy and providing solutions on how to navigate the accumulation process with a risk free and slowly investing with the only amount they can afford.

Ojima-ojo

Activity: 700
Merit: 429

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 06:13:26 PM

The current price is far from being anyone set up price in both direction if we looking at it from the short term perspectives and Bitcoin being at 27k+ os some how at a shallow position that anyone waiting to take a DCA position at whatever direction be it upward or downward will have a problem in the direction to choose most especially if it is a short term position.

At this point, we all but have to wait to see which direction the price will point to clearly before being able to take a position.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Crypto_I.N

Activity: 141
Merit: 25

View Profile
October 09, 2023, 11:19:39 PM

It is so sad that we do involve the government and other political happening here in this discussion and how it has affected the stock and commodity markets. and how Bitcoin is no exceptional will crash. I know we are in a bear market in which multiple geo-political/ economical events are highly fueling the fire in dropping the price of Bitcoin. Without doubt i am getting to believe that people who talk about economic bla bla matters are the ones who are tired of holding and buying more bitcoin because its obvious that this factors have their advantages as well, the price of Bitcoin which is low, now good to buy even more at least a lot of average persons who has keen interest will be able to afford and accumulate some good amount at this period. Even a lot of people are holding risky altcoins that may never recover from the crash and they still believe it will go up, tell me why should we lack confident in Bitcoin because of mere economic factor which has been there from the start of life.

I don't think so, involving several aspects such as government, economic problems and others to bitcoin is actually quite reasonable because however when we talk about fixed investment this must look at several existing variable angles and we will not be able to release bitcoin's attachment to the government or economic conditions.
Even though bitcoin has nothing to do with it but in quotes we also cannot rule out problems that occur with the government, economic problems that occur such as recessions etc. with bitcoin because in the end bitcoin will also be affected by it so that involving several events about politics, government or economic problems with bitcoin is still reasonable (not sad) because even though there is no direct relationship but this is still continuous between one and the other in the sense that both are still equally affected.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10167

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 10, 2023, 02:51:12 AM

The current price is far from being anyone set up price in both direction if we looking at it from the short term perspectives and Bitcoin being at 27k+ os some how at a shallow position that anyone waiting to take a DCA position at whatever direction be it upward or downward will have a problem in the direction to choose most especially if it is a short term position.

At this point, we all but have to wait to see which direction the price will point to clearly before being able to take a position.

The fact that we don't know which direction the price might move, does not affect the DCA buyer.  The DCA buyer just buys regularly because DCA allows not giving too many shits about short-term BTC price moves.

Of course the person who wants to buy on the dip, may have already bought on the dip down to $25k-ish.. so then if we float around $27k for a while, such person who might be continuing to build up the buying on dip funds might be faced with a decision to buy again at these prices or to just wait.. there is no real exactly correct answer especially if each of us might have differing amounts of BTC that we already have accumulated, and also differing amounts of fiat that has been piling up in recent times.

If a hypothetical someone were to have a regular DCA fund and a buying on dip fund, and maybe had been accumulating BTC for a while, and if that person got an extra $1,200 that came in as a kind of job bonus, and that hypothetical person may well be faced with a choice regarding how to allocate such new money in terms of how much to allocate towards DCA, buying on dips and lump sum, and I would suggest that the default position would be to divide that money into three in order to be $400 for each category, but each person has to decide for him/herself in order to account for his/her own particular circumstances.

You invited me, and then you "uninvited" me?

At some point, I will look at the thread.. sometimes when a thread is new, it takes a while to pick up momentum.... This thread has been around and active for a while, and sure it seems that this thread has been pretty "hot" in the past few months.. .. which surely does not happen to all forum threads, even if such threads might be around for a while.

Right, I quite agree with your assumption, and honestly I would also say the same thing, which seems to be true that the price decline to the $25k area is over, I also won't say that this is certain but it is still speculation and I say it according to the predictions that I know, the last time I saw the price of $25k was at the beginning of September yesterday when the price was in a sideways phase and was looking for indications for the next price formation. One resistance in the previous time has been successfully broken and if we look at the formation of new support afterwards it is much higher than the previous support, and I see the latest support in the short term is in the area or price of $ 26,200.
So in my view just looking at the formation of this trend confirmation is enough to conclude that bullish has begun to dominate and of course that means for the short term or even the next few months the price will not return to touch the price of $ 25k.

It's true like there are some people who say they like to know everything when in fact it is very difficult to fully predict, and maybe even if it can be only a few percent accurate. Honestly in this matter I would not really advise people to follow my way, because obviously everyone's perspective must be different in terms of analysis, and well maybe I'll just try it myself because indirectly it's like testing my own abilities to what extent. And well the point is there will always be a reason why prices can move, or I mean the reason why prices can lead there, and I'm always learning to improve my knowledge in order to find out that reason.

One of the greatest things about attempting to structure your bitcoin accumulation strategy and even your bitcoin maintenance strategy to try to be as neutral as you can in regards to BTC price moves, is that you don't necessarily need to satify much if any curiosities in regards to which way BTC prices end up going.  Frequently there are going to be explanations that are easier to see after the fact, but sometimes even the explanations might merely serve as partially convincing perspectives because it would not be easy to describe all of the factors affecting BTC price dynamics which seems to be part of the reason that many traders are ONLY trying to be a few percentages better than 50/50 in order to make money.

[edited out]
Conclusively, it will be wise to just have an open mindset about the direction of the market and buying shouldn't be with a fixed expected speculative outcome, buying should be achieved through DCA so it doesn't seem like you got in at the 'idiot' point.

I doubt that any of us should care if others happen to be calling us idiots, and maybe even our portfolios might not be in profits for several years.. .which sometimes happens when you start your bitcoin investment journey at the top or before the top and have the top as part of the area in which you continued to buy BTC... which would include why folks who have been DCA'ing in BTC for right around 3 years, will be barely at break even point right now.

Look at the DCA'er who started three years ago with $100 per week?  Barely breaking even with ONLY 0.5751 BTC accumulated for a total of $15,700

So some folks will label those folks as idiots.. because someone coming fresh to bitcoin right now could buy the same quantity of BTC as they bought by DCA buying the last three years.  So sure someone could come with $15,700 and buy the same quantity of BTC, but I doubt that it is very realistic to consider someone who is going to be able to lump sum into bitcoin with $15,700 at these prices, even assuming that someone of a similar financial status would have had been able to somehow save up $15,700 in the last 3 years and to have had been able to wait until now to make their lump sum BTC purchase.

Personally, it seems to me that the person who is lump summing into bitcoin is the one who is both more vulnerable towards being sensitive to being called an idiot and then ending up acting with various rash behaviors because of his/her having had lump sum bought into BTC rather than DCA'ing.

So long as Bitcoin market is concern  DCA strategy remains the ultimate strategy for accumulation of Bitcoin because it works not only for beginners but also on more experience people by building their mindset and also expanding their course of knowledge to see the risk involves on accumulation without a good strategy and providing solutions on how to navigate the accumulation process with a risk free and slowly investing with the only amount they can afford.

There are several participants of this thread who are repeating the idea of risk free and guaranteed, and bitcoin is neither risk free or guaranteed, even if you employ DCA or any other method of accumulating it.

Surely, DCA allows someone to get into BTC in such a way that s/he tailors his/her various buy amounts based on his/her discretionary income.. so in that regard, there can be a kind of assurance that such bitcoin accumulator/hodler is not going to overdo it so long as s/he is attempting to make sure that discretionary income is being used and accounting for various monthly expenses and even including an emergency fund in there.. so not to overly invest to such an extent that s/he is not making sure that financial (and therefore psychological) matters are covered.

So the part about a kind of guarantee might be that the bitcoiner who does not gamble and does not use leverage, is assured that the most that s/he could lose is 100% of his/her investment, but what makes bitcoin such a great asymmetric bet to the upside is that fact that there still are possibilities that s/he could make 2x, 5x, 25x, 100x, 1,000x or even higher amounts depending on timeline, so it is not guaranteed to make money or to lose money, but if you do lose money, then you would be guaranteed only to lose 100% while having pretty decent chances of making great returns over time that also are not guaranteed... but still part of the mix of things that reasonably could happen... because of various aspects of bitcoin's sound money and paradigm shifting ways of innovating decentralization and proof of work that supports an autonomous money that empowers individuals.. and even governments and institutions once the figure out ways to include bitcoins into their investment portfolios.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: