Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:54:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76066 times)
Sim_card

Activity: 420
Merit: 365

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 07:52:58 AM
Merited by Lida93 (2), Benedictare (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I am not sure if I agree because it still seems to be in your head that the BTC price is going to go up no matter what, which is not true.
You are right @JJG, there is no guarantee that bitcoin price will increase till infinity, even though we know that there is a high possibility for bitcoin price to keep on increasing based on past record, so that we don't end up accumulating aggressively and when the price don't turn out the way we think, we don't end up disappointed. When investing, you are to have two options is your mind which is what is bitcoin price did not reach my expectations or it reaches my expectations. This is will enable you to be careful when investing and also go on with a long term investment and steady accumulating because you know that this is the best way to make profit even though not too much should in case it doesn't turn out as you planned. The fact remains that when investing in bitcoin, don't see it as only making profit from it and don't expect too much from bitcoin because it is turn out not to be so in future, you will might get frustrated. But see it also as a store of value rather than keeping fiat in the bank convert it to bitcoin because your funds will be save from depreciating, and see it as a hedge of inflation. When you put all these in your mind when investing in bitcoin, it will give you more courage and motivation to continue accumulate regularly with DCA method.

You must invest by understanding the market and waiting for opportunities
You don't need to understand the market when you are investing in a long term investment, as long as you are you have plans to use DCA to continue to accumulate more bitcoin on a regular basis. There is no opportunity anywhere in the market to wait for, now is the opportunity to start investing because the price is still cool and you don't need to wait for any other opportunity because you might end up wasting your time waiting for what you think is the right opportunity and missout just like the example that you gave about those people waiting for bitcoin price to dip below 15k and now it is 35k. When you have started your bitcoin investment journey that is when you can then start keeping funds on reserve to buy at the dip, in case the market experiences the dip. It is good to get started now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 09:08:48 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Jaycoinz (1)

The financial foals should be parted into two, short-term and long-term goal then only it is possible to achieve them one by one but most of the retail investors including crypto community set their goals longer but they miss to see the obstacles in the near future such as sudden changes in the market which will make them to panic and make wrong choices which will go against what they planned initially.
I think I will disagree with you on this becausen in as much as our financial goal on investment is making profits but considering a short-term investment as a back up investment is not ideal for me.

From your statement you mention the obstacle or challenges for long time holding is a sudden change on market, perhaps you are misunderstanding short-term to long term holding because there is know way you could be affected by a sudden market movement when you are holding for long.

Well it depends on your definition of short-term investment because as an investor the only way to be at peace and free from price panicking is by holding for a long time because achieving anything on short-term investment on Bitcoin is like a gambling but if you hold you will likely see  the benefits.

Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 09:46:47 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

The prerequisite for investing and holding it for long is to first build courage in your mind and develop the mentality to take maximum risk in the right place. When you have courage in your mind and inclination to take risks, you can invest and hold it for a long time.

Keep your investment for long term and set yourself a goal I tell you your investment will never let you down but will give you better than your expectations.
While you make a plan to hold and be able to get more bitcoins for yourself, many obstacles will come along the way to make sure that your target is missed. As you plan, make room for flexibility when necessary, so if your plans go sideways, or is being wrecked by challenges, you will only be bothered by change in plans, not a change in goals that you have set for your investment. Changing the plan happens, but changing the goal of investment should not happen except it is to set a higher goal. 
Therefore, so that our plans are not disrupted by something that may come in the future, we must implement the plan along with the risks. I mean we have to think about the worst things in our plan, so that when we are doing the plan we made at the beginning and then there are difficulties that come, we are ready with it and we don't need to think of another plan because we have prepared a solution at the beginning. That's also what I'm doing, for example now I'm doing DCA and now my financial situation is fine for then just continue to do this strategy. But I prepare like fiat money savings for something bad to happen to me later (hopefully not) so I don't have to plan to sell assets because I have money in reserve.
Everything needs a proper plan. No matter what you do, if you plan ahead of time, you'll make more mistakes and feel haphazard. 

When engineers construct a house, they do not start building the building directly, rather several engineers come together to first design a building and then they work according to that design. Just as engineers need to design before building something, we who are investors need to have a prior investment plan before investing. If we hold a coin for a long period but sell the investment again when we need, it is not the right thing to do and the only reason why this wrong thing is not planning ahead. An investor should invest by thinking about how much money we have in reserve and how much money we invest so that we don't have to sell our investment later. If I invest wisely and if I have a plan I will keep my investment for a long time and if I invest in that long term plan then no matter how many problems we face or economic crisis we will try to overcome that economic crisis in some other way.

From what I understand about investing, I think you should invest in a long-term plan, even if you are late in investing. If we do not invest in a long term plan then we will not understand much about our profit and loss by investing because to understand the amount of profit or loss we need a big change in the market and that change must happen after a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1274
Merit: 704

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 10:30:42 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2023, 05:19:44 PM by Sayeds56

I seem that the favourable time to invest in bitcoin for accumulation is when it's in dip time, and nobody invest in bitcoin without target or timing, we have to understand the procedures of technical observations of bitcoin so that when you invest to accumulate bitcoin and your target will be achieved. What makes people  to lose during investment is the timing, because when you don't know the technical aspects of bitcoin and mostly the time of bearish occurrence and time of bullrun occurrence  and you invest, whatever you see is your expectations because you don't have a target.

A bitcoin accumulation can be achieved when you target the bearish season and invest more and wait for when the price of bitcoin will rise, so their is something I understand in investment despite investment is all of risk, so you have to have a plan and target before you invest neither technically or manually.

You have provided some good insights into investing by timing the market through utilizing the technical charts and historical patterns, with a well thought out plan to accumulate Bitcoin in bearish phase.. This strategy similar to DCA can also help to reducing investment cost, but they do require strong proficiency in technical analysis.

It is worth mentioning here that during the recent bear phase in Bitcoin market, there have been extensive discussion and debates about identifying the bottom price of Bitcoin in crypto communities. Some fortunate individuals were able to identify this bottom at around $12,000 in 2022 and made significant Bitcoin purchase. I strongly believe that in the context of current positive development in Bitcoin, such as immense interest of financial institutions in spot market ETFs, it is possible that we may never see $12,000 or even $20,000 price again in future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 02:20:17 PM

The financial foals should be parted into two, short-term and long-term goal then only it is possible to achieve them one by one but most of the retail investors including crypto community set their goals longer but they miss to see the obstacles in the near future such as sudden changes in the market which will make them to panic and make wrong choices which will go against what they planned initially.
I think I will disagree with you on this becausen in as much as our financial goal on investment is making profits but considering a short-term investment as a back up investment is not ideal for me.

From your statement you mention the obstacle or challenges for long time holding is a sudden change on market, perhaps you are misunderstanding short-term to long term holding because there is know way you could be affected by a sudden market movement when you are holding for long.

Well it depends on your definition of short-term investment because as an investor the only way to be at peace and free from price panicking is by holding for a long time because achieving anything on short-term investment on Bitcoin is like a gambling but if you hold you will likely see  the benefits.
I told in terms of a broader perspective not just for the crypto and its important to note that I am saying it for the retail investors. I guess if you are talking about Bitcoin alone and long-term holding with no near future commitments then it will work but the chances of being as a small-scale investor is tough that is why allocating funds for long-term as well as short-term will give more returns than simply long term holding.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 02:58:01 PM
Merited by jrrsparkles (1)

The prerequisite for investing and holding it for long is to first build courage in your mind and develop the mentality to take maximum risk in the right place. When you have courage in your mind and inclination to take risks, you can invest and hold it for a long time.

Keep your investment for long term and set yourself a goal I tell you your investment will never let you down but will give you better than your expectations.
While you make a plan to hold and be able to get more bitcoins for yourself, many obstacles will come along the way to make sure that your target is missed. As you plan, make room for flexibility when necessary, so if your plans go sideways, or is being wrecked by challenges, you will only be bothered by change in plans, not a change in goals that you have set for your investment. Changing the plan happens, but changing the goal of investment should not happen except it is to set a higher goal. 

Yeah, but we are not talking about crypto here.  Fuck crypto.  We are talking about bitcoin in this thread, and quite a few of the long term principles fit with bitcoin, but if you try to apply the same principles to some vague bullshit ideas and who the hell knows what you are even talking about if you use the term "crypto?" 

If you meant to say "bitcoin" then why didn't you in order that we can at least know what you are posting about?   Are you posting about bitcoin or something else?  You did not use the word bitcoin at any one point in your post.

I told in terms of a broader perspective not just for the crypto and its important to note that I am saying it for the retail investors.

This is a fair clarification in terms of some kinds of investment principles and practices are going to be generally applicable across all forms of investing...   There still are needs to distinguish between timelines, which you seem to be pointing out... and so there might be some kinds of investments that people make that have very short timelines, and so the shorter the timeline, then maybe the distinction between investing and trading (even gambling) will become blurred if people are getting in and out of some of their investments because they consider them as short term plays.

I guess if you are talking about Bitcoin alone

The thread is a bitcoin thread. so that should be the focus, even though surely it is fair to sometimes make some comparisons and contrasts in order to make points or even to try to weigh differences, so long as we do not get too distracted into pumping shitcoins or speaking in such vagaries that some of us might not know what is being discussed, which is one of the problems of just throwing out nonsense terms like "crypto" in a thread like this.

and long-term holding with no near future commitments then it will work but the chances of being as a small-scale investor is tough that is why allocating funds for long-term as well as short-term will give more returns than simply long term holding.

The underlying theme of this thread is long term, so sure it might be fair to suggest that there might be better ways to make profits rather than just holding for the long-term, but then those kinds of deviations are likely going to cause us to deviate from the topic of the thread and devolve into ideas of trading and gambling, which seems to be a pretty damned slippery slope, and many of us already realize that trading and gambling is not really something that beginners (or even experienced investors) should be doing because besides taking us off topic, it is not easy to develop those kinds of more advance skills rather than focusing on more basic accumulation and holding skills.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
summonerrk

Activity: 1344
Merit: 690

Arts & Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 06:27:36 PM

Well it depends on your definition of short-term investment because as an investor the only way to be at peace and free from price panicking is by holding for a long time because achieving anything on short-term investment on Bitcoin is like a gambling but if you hold you will likely see  the benefits.

I think that every crypto enthusiast will recognize themselves in your post at the beginning of their journey in the crypto industry. Nowadays, it makes little sense to constantly update the price of tokens, since in the current period it is rare to find such volatility as it was before.
When I came into the world of cryptocurrencies about 6 years ago, my first investment was in DCR (Decred), I bought these coins at night for 8 dollars. And when I woke up in the morning, they cost about 13 dollars! Therefore, it is not surprising that then I constantly updated the blockfolio - in a matter of hours my investment changed so much. Therefore, I think that everyone will understand why after this I, and many others, updated prices in their blockfolios.
But now, like many experienced investors, I invest looking months ahead (in my ONLY BTC investments), and I haven’t looked at the price chart so often on my smartphone for a long time.
Probably many people here have a similar path.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bananington

Activity: 1400
Merit: 340

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 06:32:44 PM

Yeah, but we are not talking about crypto here.  Fuck crypto.  We are talking about bitcoin in this thread, and quite a few of the long term principles fit with bitcoin, but if you try to apply the same principles to some vague bullshit ideas and who the hell knows what you are even talking about if you use the term "crypto?" 

If you meant to say "bitcoin" then why didn't you in order that we can at least know what you are posting about?   Are you posting about bitcoin or something else?  You did not use the word bitcoin at any one point in your post.
There are people who still apply the principles of investing in bitcoins to every other cryptocurrency. It is a big mistake because due to the misunderstanding, so many people find themselves holding on to many useless cryptocurrency because they heard or read a certain advice to bitcoin investors to hold their coins as long as they can, so they think that it is applicable to cryptocurrency in general. These people are exerting energy to keep the wrong coin, and they will surely regret their actions when they learn their mistake.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Mia Chloe

Activity: 322
Merit: 493

Math + Code = Blockchain 😁

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 06:39:55 PM

The underlying theme of this thread is long term, so sure it might be fair to suggest that there might be better ways to make profits rather than just holding for the long-term, but then those kinds of deviations are likely going to cause us to deviate from the topic of the thread and devolve into ideas of trading and gambling, which seems to be a pretty damned slippery slope, and many of us already realize that trading and gambling is not really something that beginners (or even experienced investors) should be doing because besides taking us off topic, it is not easy to develop those kinds of more advance skills rather than focusing on more basic accumulation and holding skills.
Bitcoin hodling is divided into 2 which obviously is the long term hodling and short term hodling However I will classify Short term holders as traders and long term holders as the real holders as the long term holders represent the true image of Bitcoin enthusiasm as long term is what hodling really means. This does not apply to other shit coins as they can't be trusted like Bitcoin and therefore they can dip at any time leading to great loss trading with shit coins is still not advice.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
Hatchy

Activity: 392
Merit: 458

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 07:14:34 PM

Bitcoin hodling is divided into 2 which obviously is the long term hodling and short term hodling However I will classify Short term holders as traders and long term holders as the real holders as the long term holders represent the true image of Bitcoin enthusiasm as long term is what hodling really means. This does not apply to other shit coins as they can't be trusted like Bitcoin and therefore they can dip at any time leading to great loss trading with shit coins is still not advice.
To be honest, the term "hodl" should only be used when talking about Bitcoin. I don't see a good reason why someone would want to hodl a bag of altcoins or rather shitcoins whether for the short or long term. In the end, it often results in having worthless assets. If someone decides to hodl Bitcoin, it's better to aim for the long term, as short-term hodling suggests trading, gambling, or using Bitcoin for quick profits, which can be risky. If someone wants to hodl, it's wiser to do so in the long term and accumulate Bitcoin using a strategy that suits them best.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Hewlet

Merit: 114

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 07:57:05 PM

so many people find themselves holding on to many useless cryptocurrency because they heard or read a certain advice to bitcoin investors to hold their coins as long as they can, so they think that it is applicable to cryptocurrency in general. These people are exerting energy to keep the wrong coin, and they will surely regret their actions when they learn their mistake.
this is the reality of so many persons as they try to think that bitcoin is just like any other cryptocurrencies. And I think it might be as a result of the ban on bitcoin by government of different countries and because of this, people would want to shift into other cryptocurrencies just to be on a safer side but with the so many coin on advertised on YouTube and sent as ads when you search for bitcoin and crypto related stuff, it is very possible that so many person might have invested in so many irrelevant coin and might even hodl it hoping for a good return in the years to come.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 08:04:11 PM

Yeah, but we are not talking about crypto here.  Fuck crypto.  We are talking about bitcoin in this thread, and quite a few of the long term principles fit with bitcoin, but if you try to apply the same principles to some vague bullshit ideas and who the hell knows what you are even talking about if you use the term "crypto?"  

If you meant to say "bitcoin" then why didn't you in order that we can at least know what you are posting about?   Are you posting about bitcoin or something else?  You did not use the word bitcoin at any one point in your post.

First of all, let me be clear I am not here to buzz any shit coin and I am also the follower of HODLing strategy for years, as someone who gone through multiple cycles of bitcoin and I tried to suggest them to keep their goals realistic so then only it is possible for them to achieve their financial goal.

Well it depends on your definition of short-term investment because as an investor the only way to be at peace and free from price panicking is by holding for a long time because achieving anything on short-term investment on Bitcoin is like a gambling but if you hold you will likely see  the benefits.
I told in terms of a broader perspective not just for the crypto and its important to note that I am saying it for the retail investors.

This is a fair clarification in terms of some kinds of investment principles and practices are going to be generally applicable across all forms of investing...   There still are needs to distinguish between timelines, which you seem to be pointing out... and so there might be some kinds of investments that people make that have very short timelines, and so the shorter the timeline, then maybe the distinction between investing and trading (even gambling) will become blurred if people are getting in and out of some of their investments because they consider them as short term plays.
Parting goals into long-term and short-term can also be applied to HODL, for example, let's take one year as short-term and 10 years as long-term and their goal is to accumulate 5BTC. It is important to have a goal of accumulating a certain amount for every year according to their risk tolerance then only it is possible for them to achieve their ultimate goal of accumulating 5BTC.

If they don't have any plan but only have the goal of accumulating 5BTC at the end of 10 years their goal may look out of their reach so set the tone gradually then only it is possible to reach great heights as a bitcoin retail investor.

Sorry for the confusion though about not using Bitcoin. Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
summonerrk

Activity: 1344
Merit: 690

Arts & Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 08:17:05 PM

Yeah, but we are not talking about crypto here.  Fuck crypto.  We are talking about bitcoin in this thread, and quite a few of the long term principles fit with bitcoin, but if you try to apply the same principles to some vague bullshit ideas and who the hell knows what you are even talking about if you use the term "crypto?"  

If you meant to say "bitcoin" then why didn't you in order that we can at least know what you are posting about?   Are you posting about bitcoin or something else?  You did not use the word bitcoin at any one point in your post.
There are people who still apply the principles of investing in bitcoins to every other cryptocurrency. It is a big mistake because due to the misunderstanding, so many people find themselves holding on to many useless cryptocurrency because they heard or read a certain advice to bitcoin investors to hold their coins as long as they can, so they think that it is applicable to cryptocurrency in general. These people are exerting energy to keep the wrong coin, and they will surely regret their actions when they learn their mistake.

I agree that we shouldn’t waste your time on anything other than Bitcoin. I believe that even if he showed himself poorly in the moment with the Ordinals, his price will fly into the sky in any case, even if it takes many years. Even then, it will be ranked as the number one rare cryptocurrency. Therefore, my faith in him is strong.
I believe that the line between a trader and a holder is very thin. Yes, it lies in the frequency of transactions in the market. But if I can buy once a month with a pending order at the lows, and once a month sell at the highs (rarely too) - am I a holder or a trader?

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Amphenomenon

Activity: 504
Merit: 326

Hope Jeremiah 17vs7

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 08:46:32 PM

This is a fair clarification in terms of some kinds of investment principles and practices are going to be generally applicable across all forms of investing...   There still are needs to distinguish between timelines, which you seem to be pointing out... and so there might be some kinds of investments that people make that have very short timelines, and so the shorter the timeline, then maybe the distinction between investing and trading (even gambling) will become blurred if people are getting in and out of some of their investments because they consider them as short term plays.
Parting goals into long-term and short-term can also be applied to HODL, for example, let's take one year as short-term and 10 years as long-term and their goal is to accumulate 5BTC. It is important to have a goal of accumulating a certain amount for every year according to their risk tolerance then only it is possible for them to achieve their ultimate goal of accumulating 5BTC.

If they don't have any plan but only have the goal of accumulating 5BTC at the end of 10 years their goal may look out of their reach so set the tone gradually then only it is possible to reach great heights as a bitcoin retail investor.
True, but you don't literally have to categorised it as short and long term, since you can accumulate daily to get to your desire investment plan amount.
I prefer you use the term accumulate to your desire investment amount, this makes simpler for everyone to get your point easily.
Sudden change of price does not affect short term and longer term investment but only traders. Also wondering someone who is HODLing bitcoin will now be affected by FUD, someone HODLing should have set an investment plan goal to achieve and not worry about FUD that leads to panic sell since bitcoin is not altcoin.

I agree that we shouldn’t waste your time on anything other than Bitcoin. I believe that even if he showed himself poorly in the moment with the Ordinals, his price will fly into the sky in any case, even if it takes many years. Even then, it will be ranked as the number one rare cryptocurrency. Therefore, my faith in him is strong.
I believe that the line between a trader and a holder is very thin. Yes, it lies in the frequency of transactions in the market. But if I can buy once a month with a pending order at the lows, and once a month sell at the highs (rarely too) - am I a holder or a trader?
You are a Trader don't forget there are also something called long and short term traders
Short-term trading involves much shorter holding periods, ranging from days to weeks, whereas long-term trading involves holding positions for months to years.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 615

View Profile
November 04, 2023, 09:25:13 PM

this is the reality of so many persons as they try to think that bitcoin is just like any other cryptocurrencies. And I think it might be as a result of the ban on bitcoin by government of different countries and because of this, people would want to shift into other cryptocurrencies just to be on a safer side but with the so many coin on advertised on YouTube and sent as ads when you search for bitcoin and crypto related stuff, it is very possible that so many person might have invested in so many irrelevant coin and might even hodl it hoping for a good return in the years to come.
Someone who is unfamiliar with bitcoin must of course have a companion in studying Bitcoin and he can also learn while investing in Bitcoin. Maybe for now there is enough education about Bitcoin that they can learn so that there is nothing that makes them have to turn away from Bitcoin. They can start with a smaller investment considering they are still in the learning stage and the best option is of course to do DCA regularly with a value of $10 for every purchase they make.

Yes, everyone has had quite bad experiences in their past, but they can improve on those experiences to learn from their mistakes. For that reason, I don't think there's anything wrong with giving advice about the correct investment method for them in preparing a long-term plan.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Ryu_Ar1

Activity: 770
Merit: 615

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 09:33:47 PM

Therefore, so that our plans are not disrupted by something that may come in the future, we must implement the plan along with the risks. I mean we have to think about the worst things in our plan, so that when we are doing the plan we made at the beginning and then there are difficulties that come, we are ready with it and we don't need to think of another plan because we have prepared a solution at the beginning. That's also what I'm doing, for example now I'm doing DCA and now my financial situation is fine for then just continue to do this strategy. But I prepare like fiat money savings for something bad to happen to me later (hopefully not) so I don't have to plan to sell assets because I have money in reserve.
Pretty good points.
Because in this case, even though we have a good initial plan, of course we also have to continue to think in making the investments we make because of course there are experiences that we must make as an evaluation of our journey every week or every month.
Because in the end it will also be a good enough support to make our situation more optimal than before. the worst possibility will always exist and the experience we get as long as we are in the investment we do it will be a shame if it is let go by because however there will always be lessons learned, especially for compiling and improving what is lacking from our original plan to be more perfect than before.

.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7765

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 09:37:37 PM

To be honest, the term "hodl" should only be used when talking about Bitcoin. I don't see a good reason why someone would want to hodl a bag of altcoins or rather shitcoins whether for the short or long term. In the end, it often results in having worthless assets. If someone decides to hodl Bitcoin, it's better to aim for the long term, as short-term hodling suggests trading, gambling, or using Bitcoin for quick profits, which can be risky. If someone wants to hodl, it's wiser to do so in the long term and accumulate Bitcoin using a strategy that suits them best.

or 4000 usd worth of doge turns into 1.4 million usd

which happen from 2019 to 2021

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Roseline492

Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 10:03:42 PM
Merited by Franctoshi (5), Riginac111 (2), JayJuanGee (1), DaNNy001 (1)

Everything needs a proper plan. No matter what you do, if you plan ahead of time, you'll make more mistakes and feel haphazard.
I agree with you, actually the main factors that determines every successful business is planning, however that's why they said "he who fails to plan, plans to fail", planing is very essential that without it a business could fail.

One of the major factor behind every investment failure is improper planning, because is not possible for someone to just wake up one morning and decided to invest on Bitcoin without putting something in consideration such as knowing the potential of your investment, having a diversified source in case others did not work, knowing the risk and how to avert it and most importantly always having a reserve funds.

Mr.suevie

Activity: 504
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 10:56:30 PM

That's the simplicity of it, shitcoins doesn't cut it when it comes to holding of coins and everyone who is doubting should just try and track back at some of the most speculated big time altcoins that eventually turn out to shit project. If there is any coins in the crypto space that is worthy of holding it will be Bitcoin which has proven it self by sustaining it's value and maintain its reputation in the crypto space. As for holding of Bitcoin, like you said the long term investor are the real deals although short term holder are also there but most of them do tend to lose out their holding to that gamble related activities called trading because they do tend to trade their investment inorder to add up some value to it but at some or should I say most instance the trade system gets most of the coins. If it would advisable for any Bitcoin enthusiast, I would advise to go for long term investment and use the DCA strategy and back it up with the capability to actually buy the DIPs and HODL .

Pardon and do correct my use of the word crypto if not properly put in place

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
kingvirtus09

Activity: 826
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2023, 11:13:53 PM

Buying on the dip is a great way for you to have a chance to make a profit in the future. And in this situation, timing is needed, or you should know how to feel or when to buy and sell.

There are many who do this technique and are still doing it today. Especially for beginners who know how to time a purchase, they will surely make a profit in the future. As long as you buy it, just hold it for a long time while studying it, and you're just getting to know it.

Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: