Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:19:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77182 times)
Makus

Activity: 322
Merit: 215

Bitcoin!!

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2023, 09:19:24 PM

Many times there are trade-offs, and even though DCA tends to be the best, DCA might not be the best for a person who has a lump sum of money currently available, and it might be better to lump sum most, if not all of that money, and then perhaps just have money to continue to buy if the price dips.... that is why a newbie to bitcoin likely needs to consider the three categories of 1) DCA, 2) Lump sum and 3) Buy on dips, and perhaps have some money allocated to each of the three categories, and if s/he chooses to eliminate any of the categories, then s/he would have at least weighed the pros and cons of each of the categories.

Well said mr JayJuanGee, I as a person would even recommend accumulating bitcoin using lump sum because, we are very close to the halving and any time from next year, we'll be experiencing the halving, so DCA and buy the dip should be kept on hold for now, so we can concentrate on accumulating as much as we can using lump sum. However, this bull run might take us to another all time high, so missing out this opportunity or not having enough bitcoin in your portfolio shouldn't be an excuse except, you can't afford to buy more due to some financial constrain. Now is the time for every bitcoin enthusiasts to step up their accumulation game by aggressively using lump sum to make huge buys and avoid the sell button. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 25, 2023, 10:45:36 PM

It is hard to always know what happened, but frequently if someone invests too much then they are expecting the price to go down and not prepared for it to go down, and surely there can be advantages to the BTC price going down, even if you had preferred for the price to go up, which is buying more when it goes down.

So it can take a long time to actually get ahead of your investment in order that the price is always coming to you rather than you going to the price, so if you just continue to buy in a DCA kind of way, that can be one way of getting ahead of the BTC price, even if it might take 2-3 years to actually get to a point that your cost per BTC is actually less than the current price.  It is not guaranteed to happen, but so far anyone who persistently buys BTC, has been ending up getting into profits, even though sometimes it could take 2-3 years before the "being in profits" stage can actually end up happening.

A person who panics, and does not continue to buy but then sells and buys will likely NOT really get to any kind of stage in which his./her holdings is in front of the price.. and it seems such a simple strategy to merely just continue to buy (sure buying on the dip is fine, but buying at any price might well end up being fine in order to keep a person in the right kind of mindset of continuing to build the number of BTC that s/he has in his/her holdings and keeping some faith that that BTC is going to be profitable in the future.. even though it is not guaranteed, it has been a pretty good place to put money and likely to continue to be a good place to put money.
Is it a form of risk that accidentally becomes a burden on their minds so that they are unable to survive when the price of Bitcoin drops significantly?  Indeed, investing large amounts of money or doing it all at once will affect their minds because they do not yet have a strong mentality when the situation turns around to what they expected.

In that context, investors who start with the DCA strategy may be better prepared when the market situation changes suddenly because they can buy more BTC and those who are not mentally strong may be quite stressed by this situation. However, the essence of this point is of course that long-term investment planning requires many things that must be prepared in advance, such as being mentally ready to face all changes that occur at unexpected times. Being a loyal holder of Bitcoin requires strong mental strength to be able to carry out what has been previously planned.
Many times there are trade-offs, and even though DCA tends to be the best, DCA might not be the best for a person who has a lump sum of money currently available, and it might be better to lump sum most, if not all of that money, and then perhaps just have money to continue to buy if the price dips.... that is why a newbie to bitcoin likely needs to consider the three categories of 1) DCA, 2) Lump sum and 3) Buy on dips, and perhaps have some money allocated to each of the three categories, and if s/he chooses to eliminate any of the categories, then s/he would have at least weighed the pros and cons of each of the categories.

So a person who suddenly has $6k available could divide the $6k into 3 parts, and then maybe also consider what to do based on considerations of anticipated cash coming in too.. so if the next 6 months, the person also has $6k of extra cash coming in, then that is going to be $12k over the next 6 months, and then another consideration might be how many BTC does s/he already have.  Maybe if s/he had already been buying bitcoin for a year then the perspective would be different from a brand new investor, and even as compared with someone who might have been buying BTC for 6 years or more.  How highly DCA would factor into the various situations is going to likely play out differently, especially if we also include some of the other factors such as view of bitcoin as compared with other assets, which other assets are already owned, risk tolerance, timeline, time, skills and abilities to trade, reallocate and/or to learn more as things go along.
But so far, perhaps I myself have never done one strategy, namely Lump sum and it is still foreign to me.

Just because you have never done it, and/or maybe you never considered it either because it is possible that you have not been serious about bitcoin for the past 7.5 years since you registered your forum account and/or you have not had any lump sum come in your direction for the past 7.5 years.

Even a small amount of money outside of the normal cashflow might be considered a lump sum, even for poor people, and if someone is investing $10 per week into BTC for the last two years (a total of $1,040), and all of a sudden he has an additional $600 or even $1200, he has a lump sum situation on his hand and if he decided that he is going to allocate it towards bitcoin, then he should consider all three categories, even if he might choose not to pursue all three categories, but it can become much more empowering for someone who usually is ONLY able to buy $10 per week of BTC to suddenly have more options and perhaps 1 or two years of his/her prior investment all of a sudden come available for considerations regarding what to do about it.

Well, I use two other methods, DCA and Buy on dips. Yes, because I am not experienced enough and have to improve myself to continue learning from what you have explained. This situation made me add one word for me to learn and that is lump sum.

I think it becomes more relevant once you have established a BTC accumulation plan and if you are following such plan, then if you suddenly have money come available to you, then you might consider investing it rather than spending it right away, but sure, maybe you will decide to ONLY invest half and to spend the other half on consumption goods.  Those are choices that come to people who either come across extra cash, or it could come from a situation in which you are deciding to reallocate some investments that had been building for a while, and the mere choice to reallocate may create a scenario in which all three categories of funding should at least be considered, even if you end up rejecting and/or minimizing one or more of them.

That trade off doesn't fall into the category of long-term investment, right? 

The trade off has to do with how you are thinking about your ways of investing, and sure it could have long term repercussions, yet if we are presuming that you already have a long term plan, then the idea of lump summing part of your investing (or it could also be referred to as front-loading your investment) most likely is affected on how you are viewing BTC's shorter-term price performance prospects, and since it sometimes can be dangerous to get too far into trying to predict shorter-term BTC price movements, we might create some stresses on ourselves if we end up employing one of the practices more than the other and then retrospectively seeing that we would have been better off to have had employed a different one of the practices.

I doubt that anyone can exactly figure out your own trade-offs, but there may be ways to talk through those kinds of potential trade-offs in a thread like this, whether you come across a certain situation yourself, you expect to come across a certain situation, or maybe you want to try to learn from a mistake that you may have made in the past regarding these kinds of matters.

Even I feel as if I could be perceived to be contradicting myself from time to time in terms of batting around these kinds of terms because surely I agree that DCA is the best practice for almost any newbie, but there are going to be situations in which there may be some desires to front run the investment with a lump sum or to defer buying right away by setting some money aside for buying on dips... so if you don't know what to do, then surely it seems the better of the decisions would be to just DCA and maybe hold back a little bit of your available funds so that you don't feel like you don't have enough money to buy more BTC if there is a further dip, but at the same time if you have a regular cashflow, or if you might have overly built up your emergency funds, you might already feel that you have plenty of cash on hand, so you don't necessarily feel any advantage towards holding back money to buy on dips. 

From the other angle, yeah, maybe lump sum buying would not come up as often, but surely some people who have regular jobs might even realize that they have bonus money coming in once or twice a year, and if they do not pre-plan to use that money for their expenses or for some consumption good, they could allocate some or all of that extra pay towards lump sum investing into BTC... and so as long as any of us have been serious about wanting to accumulate more bitcoin, then I would think that from time to time there are going to be situations that come up in which lump summing becomes one of the options that are available.

As far as I know, they play for short term investments, when there is profit, they don't forget to take it.

Sure, sometimes  any of us might refer to some short term strategies to over invest and then to cash out, but we are not really talking about those kinds of ideas in this thread.  In this thread, we are mostly attempting to talk about long term accumulation strategies, so long term accumulation strategies should be your way of considering the topics, unless someone here might be explaining some kind of a short-term (and likely mostly off topic) kind of considerations.

My earlier example of the extra $6k and the $6k for 6 months would be the kind of cash that has come available and/or can be considered for investing into BTC... whether it is invested over 6 months or it is front loaded or whether some kinds of cash is left aside for buying on dips, these are all buying strategies, and they are not short term trades... or anything like that. 

So I get the sense that you are easily distracted just like a lot of people who are looking for short term gainz because they are seeing the upcoming halvening and things like that, and sure we might want to consider how much to buy and to front load our investment because we are concerned that the BTC price might go up, but we end up kind of screwed if we frontload our investment and then the price goes down and we have no money to buy on dips and we also have no money to DCA because we blew too much of our available cash wadd too soon.

If I understand this point from what you explained, maybe someone who has a large amount of money will easily play roles in the 3 categories you have mentioned.

It is not about having a large amount of money, but surely it helps if you get some extra money, then lump sum becomes more relevant than if you are barely getting by with whatever you are able to invest, such as $10 per week... so sure, the 3 categories are more relevant for people with more money, but the fact that anyone is poor does not mean that they should not be considering the three categories when they might get some extra cash, even if it might only be a few months worth of DCA.. which might be a couple hundred dollars for the person who usually ONLY does $10 per week of DCA.

But one thing that might be quite interesting is when they divide their funds into 3 categories and if at this stage the market situation is in a bullish condition, are these 3 categories really good enough to apply or is DCA better?

You don't necessarily apply the three, but you consider whether you should apply any or all of the three, and you decide what you are going to do.  There may be a lot of situations that come up in which you reject anything but DCA, and surely if you don't know what to do, then probably it is better to just DCA any extra cash that you get into BTC and skip all other strategies, but as your BTC stash increases, you are likely going to want to become a bit more creative and more regularly considering all three of the BTC accumulation strategies rather than just defaulting to DCA, even though there is nothing wrong with DCA, but if you had been buying $10 per BTC for the past 8 years, and you invested $4,180 and you had accumulated 1.65 BTC (currently valued at right around $62,370 - which is right around 15x in profits), then you might be in the mood for some other strategies, especially if your income still ONLY gives you $10 per week to invest into BTC, even after 8 years of ongoingly buying BTC with that method.

Of course, if you want, you can continue to DCA, but it may not necessarily be in your best interest to stick with that same strategy since your circumstances had changed, even after a few years, your situation had also already changed, but if it were to have had taken you 8 years to figure out that your situation had changed, then maybe you are not studying your options enough or paying close enough attention?

Well said mr JayJuanGee, I as a person would even recommend accumulating bitcoin using lump sum because, we are very close to the halving and any time from next year, we'll be experiencing the halving, so DCA and buy the dip should be kept on hold for now, so we can concentrate on accumulating as much as we can using lump sum. However, this bull run might take us to another all time high, so missing out this opportunity or not having enough bitcoin in your portfolio shouldn't be an excuse except, you can't afford to buy more due to some financial constrain. Now is the time for every bitcoin enthusiasts to step up their accumulation game by aggressively using lump sum to make huge buys and avoid the sell button. 

I am not even recommending lump sum, but I am recommending that there might be times in which we might want to consider changing our strategy and we have three options.. and if we end up buying way too much BTC and then the BTC price corrects instead of goes up, then we might have had ended up putting ourselves into a worse situation.  These are not easy decisions to make, but surely we have more options if suddenly we come across an unexpected bonus, but some guys decide to go out and take loans and other things like that, and I am not even recommending those strategies, even though sometimes they do seem to end up paying off quite handsomely, especially if you have other sources to pay back the loans in case that BTC prices do not end up moving in your favor in the coming 6-18 months or however long that you are expecting to need to have the BTC prices going up rather than down or sideways.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 163

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 01:22:27 AM

At a certain point, there may be a need for an investor to delve into something that is certain to provide a faster return, perhaps in a short period of time.
Why?  Isn't bitcoin potentially volatile enough?  What more "faster return" is necessary, and at what point would a person "need" to engage in such extra risk taking, when bitcoin is already risky?
No doubt bitcoin is potentially volatile with its own peculiar risk and returns but investing (diversifying) in other different projects that's not cryptocurrency is another form of expansion that returns made from there can be utilize into accumulating and increasing your bitcoin portfolio, in my opinion a good diversification can be a supportive ground for a bitcoin investor not to tamper with his bitcoin investment at any  financial emergency storm that might hit.

If the money is there enough to diversify the risk factor shouldn't be an excuse not to diversify. None diversification of businesses is like driving a car on along journey without having a spare tire with you for flat tire emergency along the long.

Be careful in mixing your metaphors too much.

One of the advantages of bitcoin remains position size, and if you go into a business, you usually will have a lot of upfront costs and time investments too.

With bitcoin you can adjust the the amount that you buy regularly, and you can also make sure that you have a sufficient extra cashflow for both income replacement and also emergencies.. ..so the mere fact that you don't diversify further is not the same as driving without a spare tire because hopefully you have already figured out your various amounts, and as you continue to build your bitcoin, there may be points in which diversification is starting to make sense, especially if you might start to have a couple of years of income within your cash reserves and your BTC investment.. but how you go about adding other ways of diversifying can be quite varied in how people might do it, whether they continue to buy BTC and then add other things that they are buying or if they slow down on their BTC buying or if they stop it completely...
alright JJG, I get the sharp end of your point now. And about the metaphors  I'll think of something about that. Grin

but it might be possible to make lump sum investments in some other assets, whether it is stock or property or something else (should not be shitcoins unless it is limited to small amounts such as less than 10%) so that your total value is not just in bitcoin and cash.
There's a question I'll like you to lend your thoughts, something about cryptocurrency diversification and since you have raised the discuss I feel I use this opportunity to ask you for a clarification about it to get your thoughts.

Ii read a comment sometime this year that says investing in bitcoin and other altcoins isn't diversification, as in investing in different cryptocurrencies shouldn't be termed as diversification since they are all cryptocurrencies, that an actual diversification of Investment should be in different lines of businesses, example bitcoin and real estate.

JJG, what do you think?
Yeah actually let me try if I can answer your question, so however first you need to understand the word diversification  it means expanding or enlarging your investment to some other things, but however chosen altcoins to invest could also be known as diversification because irrespective of there general name which is crytocurrency but they have different sub names, but however I would not advised you to invest on altcoins as a diversification because they are not worth it.

If you are looking for were to diversify some of your investment, altcoins shouldn't be an option or perhaps you could just stick to only on Bitcoin.
If you want to diversify your investment when you have already invested in Bîtcoin, buying altcoin is not a good step in diversification because if there is a failure in Bitcoin there will also be a failure in altcoin. You can diversify your investment in something different from cryptocurrency such as real estate investment or selling a variety of merchandise, so that if one market fails, success in others will reduce the impact of failure.

pusaka

Activity: 1050
Merit: 587

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 02:21:24 AM

If an investor could eradicate greed and be more discipline in times of investment it will do them more good than harm because I realized that the reason why most people aggressively invest on Bitcoin is because they feel that it will make them have a more higher returns than slowly investing without knowing that is better to invest slowly and consistently to reach your goal than aggressively investing and being cut up by unforseen challenges.
Most people coming into this market are primarily looking to get rich quickly, so they often overlook investing in Bitcoin for the long term. When it comes to short-term profitability, Bitcoin can't be compared to the rest, but in the long run, Bitcoin is an investment opportunity that cannot be ignored. You can sleep well if you hold onto Bitcoin for many years, but the same cannot be said for the majority of other Altcoins. It takes patience and a clear direction to focus solely on investing in Bitcoin and holding for the long term.
Yes, holding bitcoin for the long term is more enjoyable than holding it only for the immediate future, and I'm talking like this because I've experienced it myself.
Our own experience makes our belief in something we hold great, and that's how I feel about bitcoin. Especially when I know a strategy called DCA, yes it makes my investment more comfortable to do.
Some people who still doubt (especially beginners) I consider it a natural thing, and when they want to get rich quickly I will also consider it natural (for beginners), because they are in the process of understanding what they are actually doing. But when they really understand, they will be able to change their mindset.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
adultcrypto

Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 02:27:11 AM

At a certain point, there may be a need for an investor to delve into something that is certain to provide a faster return, perhaps in a short period of time.
If Bitcoin is not volatile enough to vomit the much needed quick profits, you might consider ponzi schemes that supposedly multiply your capital within few hours.

If you want to diversify your investment when you have already invested in Bîtcoin, buying altcoin is not a good step in diversification because if there is a failure in Bitcoin there will also be a failure in altcoin.
Many people are entangled in the illusion that altcoins is diversification.  To me it is just another way of compounding the problem because the risk is exponential; you can lose everything. I consider Bitcoin safer and more reliable

You can diversify your investment in something different from cryptocurrency such as real estate investment or selling a variety of merchandise, so that if one market fails, success in others will reduce the impact of failure.
I agree with you that diversification should be into something else and definitely not altcoins when someone is already invested in Bitcoin.

Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 02:43:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

We used to invest earlier and after investing earlier we saw the market only going down for a long time but still we held our investment deep hoping for something better. The market is in a much better state than it was once. Now is a golden opportunity for new investors because the market is now positive and we have been observing the market positive for almost six months. Now if an investor invests in Bitcoin and holds that investment deeply then he will have a golden opportunity to grow his money.  

By investing now there is a golden opportunity to get some good profit in future so I never tell those who don't have money to invest in debt because if a person decides to invest in debt then he will never be able to hold his investment for long. As far as I am concerned those investors think of investing who have some amount of money in savings and very few people decide to take out loans and invest. Although Bitcoin is a reliable investment platform, I would never recommend borrowing money from others to invest with that money. You can invest with the amount of money you have in the current market and before investing you must keep in mind that you can hold your investment for a long time.

If an investor could eradicate greed and be more discipline in times of investment it will do them more good than harm because I realized that the reason why most people aggressively invest on Bitcoin is because they feel that it will make them have a more higher returns than slowly investing without knowing that is better to invest slowly and consistently to reach your goal than aggressively investing and being cut up by unforseen challenges.
Most people coming into this market are primarily looking to get rich quickly, so they often overlook investing in Bitcoin for the long term. When it comes to short-term profitability, Bitcoin can't be compared to the rest, but in the long run, Bitcoin is an investment opportunity that cannot be ignored. You can sleep well if you hold onto Bitcoin for many years, but the same cannot be said for the majority of other Altcoins. It takes patience and a clear direction to focus solely on investing in Bitcoin and holding for the long term.
Yes, holding bitcoin for the long term is more enjoyable than holding it only for the immediate future, and I'm talking like this because I've experienced it myself.
Our own experience makes our belief in something we hold great, and that's how I feel about bitcoin. Especially when I know a strategy called DCA, yes it makes my investment more comfortable to do.
Some people who still doubt (especially beginners) I consider it a natural thing, and when they want to get rich quickly I will also consider it natural (for beginners), because they are in the process of understanding what they are actually doing. But when they really understand, they will be able to change their mindset.
We all have some objective to invest, but none of us invest aimlessly. While planning long-term investment, our objective is to earn good amount of money at the end of long term and while planning short-term investment, our objective is profit. In the beginning, it is natural to think that he will invest in Bitcoin and change his position in a short time, but after a few days of investing, when he tries to learn more about investing, his misconception about investing will be cleared.
I remember when I started investing I thought to myself that I would make a lot of money after a few days of investing so I checked my wallet every once in a while after investing. But when I realized that if I want to get something good from the investment, I must hold this investment deeply, I thought of holding my investment for a long time and I succeeded in holding it for a long time. After holding my investment for a long time I got enough success that's why I now favor long term investment and still hold Bitcoin in long term investment plan. If the new investors are starting their investment I think after starting they will get to know about the investment and their misconceptions will be cleared and they will definitely be in favor of holding their investment for a long time.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Mayor of ogba

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 06:08:41 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

If Bitcoin is not volatile enough to vomit the much needed quick profits, you might consider ponzi schemes that supposedly multiply your capital within few hours.
I do not agree with you on this because investing in Ponzi schemes is the same thing as investing in altcoin because you are not certain of making any profit from a Ponzi scheme, and the Ponzi scheme can crash at any time they see they have made enough money from investors. An investor who is not financially okay should start up a business or look for a job so that he/she will have another source of income to run his daily needs in live. By doing this, he/she can hold his Bitcoin for the long term because there is a business or job that is taking of his daily needs.

adultcrypto

Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 07:24:16 AM

I do not agree with you on this because investing in Ponzi schemes is the same thing as investing in altcoin because you are not certain of making any profit from a Ponzi scheme, and the Ponzi scheme can crash at any time they see they have made enough money from investors. An investor who is not financially okay should start up a business or look for a job so that he/she will have another source of income to run his daily needs in live. By doing this, he/she can hold his Bitcoin for the long term because there is a business or job that is taking of his daily needs.
Sarcasm bro! I don't think there is anyone who does not know that ponzi scheme is an easy way to waste money. Their promoters have this nice way of convincing people to invest, such as telling them they will double their money within two hours and showing fake evidence of successful withdrawals, only to scam the victims.

A lot of shitcoins are even ponzi schemes in another format. They pump the market, giving huge profits to the early people and this will make more people to join only to be roasted at the end of the day.

My reference of ponzi scheme is just another way of saying that anyone not satisfied with Bitcoin is surely looking for shortcuts which is dangerous.

rachael9385

Activity: 448
Merit: 298

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 07:59:50 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Although, I agree that our profits all depend on the amount and how frequently we click the buy button, in years to come, 1 Satoshi will be worth a hundred boxes or more, so if we can start from now to buy and hodl then we will not regret our actions because we have invested earlier, accumulated with DCA strategy without any fear or greed.
That's true.

The fear of investing is that it is not a good one. If one is scared to invest, that means the person is a greedy investor. However, the kind of profits an investor expects from his investment can not come if the investor doesn't constantly buy, (just like, if someone doesn't work to get money, he or she will not get any of getting paid).
Like I have already said earlier, in years to come, 1 Satoshi will be worth a hundred dollars, but the most important thing we should do for now is not to fear and buy as many as we can, then hodl it till dear life, even if one doesn't have money to buy, then there is a DCA method he or she can use to achieve some Bitcoin or even some Satoshi (it that's what he or she can afford).

If Bitcoin's price increases, we investors will be very happy about that, but at the same time, there are others that will still want it to drop so that they can buy. Those that are praying for Bitcoin to reduce are the guys that have not yet invested, so they just sit down and wait for Bitcoin to be reduced, so that they can buy.
Yep, and they might be sitting a long time since one of the better things to do is to act upon plans rather than sitting around waiting, and even if the BTC price does drop, will that cause them to buy and will it make any difference towards their overall psychology in  terms of if they had just been buying all along instead of waiting for dips that may or may not happen and for the answers to unimportant (or unknowable) questions regarding whether the dip is enough of a dip or not.
Most times, waiting for something to be not to be considered, we have to go towards it and grab it, instead of sitting down and waiting (there is a popular saying in my local, that says "if the mountains do not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad should go to the mountains) and I have been following that step instead of waiting for the dip.
I don't consider waiting for the dip a good way of investing, but if we eventually invest during the dip, then we should take advantage of it (even if it's a Satoshi we can afford at that time).

However, I come to think that those that want the price of Bitcoin to be reduced are the ones that are so scared and greedy. At the same time, they don't want to buy at a high price, so they are waiting for the price to reduce. (I am trying to say, people should not mix fear and greed when investing).
Just buying regularly will have good chances to get the investor into a better mindset, and if they are worried that the BTC price is too much, then just buy less, but probably not so great to stop buying unless you have reached some kind of BTC accumulation goal that justifies making such downward adjustments to regular and ongoing BTC buys.
If one constantly buys without fear or greed, I seriously think that the chance of achieving half BTC or full BTC with $200 weekly in 10 years will be so near that the scared mindset can't be compared with at it.

Those that can not buy now are losing, but they don't know. Why I say what I said is because, with only the capital in their hands or in their pockets, they are not making any profit from it and some of them end up using their money for something that's not even important at all. So you said, I agree with that, buying regular is the most important thing to do.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
strunberg

Activity: 1316
Merit: 324

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 09:12:05 AM

Most times, waiting for something to be not to be considered, we have to go towards it and grab it, instead of sitting down and waiting (there is a popular saying in my local, that says "if the mountains do not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad should go to the mountains) and I have been following that step instead of waiting for the dip.
I don't consider waiting for the dip a good way of investing, but if we eventually invest during the dip, then we should take advantage of it (even if it's a Satoshi we can afford at that time).

I agree with you. Years of experience in looking at the history of Bitcoin we can see clearly that waiting for a decline will not bring good results. It's better for you to save little by little. I see a lot of people who keep waiting for the price to go down because in their minds all they have is 1BTC and 0.1BTC even though wouldn't it be possible to buy 0.00001 BTC if we only had enough money to buy that much?

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

summonerrk

Activity: 1358
Merit: 690

Arts & Crypto

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 10:17:34 AM

I agree with you. Years of experience in looking at the history of Bitcoin we can see clearly that waiting for a decline will not bring good results. It's better for you to save little by little. I see a lot of people who keep waiting for the price to go down because in their minds all they have is 1BTC and 0.1BTC even though wouldn't it be possible to buy 0.00001 BTC if we only had enough money to buy that much?

I don’t understand why people are always happy only about the growth of Bitcoin, this is a one-sided view of the life of the market. It’s cool to sell part of Bitcoin at high values in order to buy it again. But isn’t it also cool to buy more BTC at the very bottom?
I am always very happy when I complete Bitcoin and after that the market makes a price reversal upward.
I understand that psychologically people are afraid to buy at lows, not understanding that this is a sale, and thinking that this is the death of Bitcoin. But he is immortal, and this is explained by the fact that he has already been buried more than 470 times.

https://crypto.news/bitcoin-has-been-buried-over-470-times-in-14-years-a-review-of-obituaries/

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Salahmu

Activity: 392
Merit: 269

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 11:35:24 AM

If you want to diversify your investment when you have already invested in Bîtcoin, buying altcoin is not a good step in diversification because if there is a failure in Bitcoin there will also be a failure in altcoin. You can diversify your investment in something different from cryptocurrency such as real estate investment or selling a variety of merchandise, so that if one market fails, success in others will reduce the impact of failure.
What is the need of diversification when we already have our investment on Bitcoin because most successful investors prefer to have only one source which is Bitcoin because there believe in Bitcoin can never be compared to any other investment so they decided to stick to only Bitcoin which is a very wise decision.

And perhaps I see no reason why an investor will prefer altcoin as a diversification for investment because there is no future for an investor who believes on altcoin, however what surprises me at times is that how could an investor see how potential and how real Bitcoin is for investment but decided to choose other alternatives such as altcoin, perhaps the earlier most investors who sees ltcoin as a method of diversification realized they are making a terrible Mistake the better for them because is only Bitcoin and nothing else.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Mayor of ogba

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 01:05:03 PM

What is the need of diversification when we already have our investment on Bitcoin because most successful investors prefer to have only one source which is Bitcoin because there believe in Bitcoin can never be compared to any other investment so they decided to stick to only Bitcoin which is a very wise decision.

And perhaps I see no reason why an investor will prefer altcoin as a diversification for investment because there is no future for an investor who believes on altcoin, however what surprises me at times is that how could an investor see how potential and how real Bitcoin is for investment but decided to choose other alternatives such as altcoin, perhaps the earlier most investors who sees ltcoin as a method of diversification realized they are making a terrible Mistake the better for them because is only Bitcoin and nothing else.
Having another investment aside from Bitcoin is good because you will not rely on your Bitcoin investment before you can make money but it is also good to have a real or physical investment that will give you daily or monthly profit to enable you to hold your Bitcoin to the expected year that you want to sell it. This investment can help strengthen your Bitcoin accumulation power because you will have more money to take care of your financial challenges and still have the money to invest in Bitcoin

Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 01:23:30 PM

I don't know why this issue of diversification is still coming up here when the thread is about buying Bitcoin to hodl. I think this discussion of diversification has repeated several times and is looking more like distraction. When we continue to compare different investment options in a thread the focus is supposed to be how to buy Bitcoin, many people might derail into making wrong investment decision in a bid to diversify his assets.

The forum is really big, so much that we can open a thread to discuss other investment instruments for the sake of those who might consider complimentary investment as a way of diversifying their Bitcoin portfolio. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 03:31:29 PM

It’s cool to sell part of Bitcoin at high values in order to buy it again. But isn’t it also cool to buy more BTC at the very bottom?
A bad decision for long term hodlers mate, because when they sell at high price and plan to buy back at the dip, they might end up missing out or buying less bitcoin compare to the fraction that they sold. Another disadvantage is that the person is a trader and not an investor because he will be carried away to make quick profit than focusing on how he can reach his bitcoin target with accumulating more bitcoin to his portfolio rather than selling the one that he already has, which might make him make some wrong decisions along the line when he sells that will make him run at loss.

It is the coolest to buy bitcoin at the bottom line, when you have prepared for it by saving extra cash to buy at the dip, so that when the dip comes you can take advantage of it and buy in discount. But not selling your bitcoin because the price is high and believe that you will buy back at the dip. This is a poor investment mentality because it is hard to know when the dip will come and what will be the the bottom line when the dip comes. Such trader might even miss out buying at the dip because he has plan to buy more cheaper to sell at high price and when bitcoin price reaches the bottom line, he will not want to buy believing that the price will still dip and before you know it bitcoin price will begin to pump again and he will be busy sitting down at looking at the market all the time because of his wimpy decisions to buy at the dip and sell when the price of Bitcoin is up.

A long term investment with using the three methods of accumulation will help you achieve a your investment goal, even though it will take so many years rather than just sticking on trading. Newbies should stay away from such mentality because it will ruin their investment goal.

Having another investment aside from Bitcoin is good because you will not rely on your Bitcoin investment before you can make money but it is also good to have a real or physical investment that will give you daily or monthly profit to enable you to hold your Bitcoin to the expected year that you want to sell it. This investment can help strengthen your Bitcoin accumulation power because you will have more money to take care of your financial challenges and still have the money to invest in Bitcoin
Whatever, but you should know that you must have a job that gives you income so that you can use the extra money that is left after taking care of your monthly expenses and having an emergency funds with reserve cash to be able to meet up with your regular DCA and bitcoin portfolio increment. It is not necessary it should be a business or investment because some low income earners don't have enough to startup  an investment because it might need major funds to get started unlike bitcoin investment that you can get started with a very small amount at first before as time passes by you can start increasing your DCA amount if your cash inflow can afford it.

From my own side as a low income earners, it is good to get started with bitcoin investment now rather than thinking to get another investment before you can start to invest in bitcoin because what matters is that you have a cash inflow that you can use to buy weekly or monthly. I don't think that there will be any physical investment that will give good returns that bitcoin investment when held for a long term because most investment are risky and we can not be certain that we can make profit from it very fast. Bitcoin is already a risky investment so why will you get distracted with trying to involve yourself in more risk as a newbie.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
fzkto

Activity: 2268
Merit: 439

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 04:09:28 PM

I don't know why this issue of diversification is still coming up here when the thread is about buying Bitcoin to hodl. I think this discussion of diversification has repeated several times and is looking more like distraction. When we continue to compare different investment options in a thread the focus is supposed to be how to buy Bitcoin, many people might derail into making wrong investment decision in a bid to diversify his assets.

The forum is really big, so much that we can open a thread to discuss other investment instruments for the sake of those who might consider complimentary investment as a way of diversifying their Bitcoin portfolio. 

Diversification is only discussed because you can't hold any one coin. Some altcoins have much more potential than bitcoin. Right now, only bitcoin and a few altcoins are up. But when the bulls really come back to the market, the other coins will also show good growth.

HUGE
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Ruttoshi

Merit: 271

Baba God Noni

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 04:30:20 PM

Diversification is only discussed because you can't hold any one coin. Some altcoins have much more potential than bitcoin. Right now, only bitcoin and a few altcoins are up. But when the bulls really come back to the market, the other coins will also show good growth.
I disagree with you mate, I haven't seen any altcoin that has potential than bitcoin, when it is a duplicate of bitcoin and they depend on bitcoin price movement for them to pump and dump. Some altcoins will even dump and will never pump again. Don't underestimate what bitcoin can do in the nearest future, and don't waste your time and resources on those fucking shitcoins that are worthless and can make one run at big loss when you invest in them. If is it not bitcoin, it can never be bitcoin.

This is a high tendency that in the next ten years bitcoin price might increase and become more valuable but not for altcoins because they are not reliable. Newbies should say No to altcoins if they want to have an investment because altcoins are not investment because most of them have short life span.

Can you tell us one altcoin that have much note potential than bitcoin @ fzto ?

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
GigaBit

Activity: 1526
Merit: 506

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 04:52:23 PM

I corroborate your thought but In this context you cannot find out those potential coins. Moreover  there will be a risk factors. But if one keeps increasing his investment in Bitcoin gradually then in the long run he can grow his portfolio. Investing in Bitcoin we can't give 100% certainty but we can be very confident that it will find a new ATH. But when I invest in any altcoins no one knows if it will ever reach its previous ATH or not. Diversification of investments is of course important but it can be through buying any other asset like real estate or gold etc besides Bitcoin. So that even if the profit is less, it will not priceless.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Lidger

Activity: 62
Merit: 50

View Profile
November 26, 2023, 05:17:32 PM
Merited by AirtelBuzz (2)

Every investor will want to invest when the price of Bitcoin is low because the lower they can invest in Bitcoin, the more profit they can make when the price of Bitcoin rises. Some may wait for the market to go down for a long period of time to invest and many do not wait for the market to go down so much in the long term investment plan. I don't think it's really necessary for long term investment, maybe if we wait for a long time the market will come down a bit but we don't need to wait so long to buy bitcoins with a small decrease rather we have to invest quickly and plan to hold for a long time. If you consider the popularity of Bitcoin from its inception till now, then Bitcoin's popularity has definitely increased gradually. Bitcoin reached its peak value of $66,000 from where it started its journey. 
At that time the price of bitcoin went above 66 thousand dollars but now if we invest in bitcoin then the price of bitcoin can again exceed 1000 dollars so we never miss such an opportunity. If there is money to invest then we should invest in bitcoin with some risk of that money in long term plan.

While everyone is suggesting to invest in Bitcoin, I don't think we have anything to test by investing in altcoins. If we need investment vetting then we should invest in Bitcoin for vetting. I quite like investing in Bitcoin and the Bitcoin platform is a place I trust a lot. 

When the price of Bitcoin was $25,000, I invested some amount of money I could in Bitcoin. When I had $25,000, I invested some money in Bitcoin and held it, and now I'm pretty satisfied with my investment. If I divide the amount of money I invested in two, the amount of money in each part will be the amount of money that I am currently seeing profit from my investment. As I got a good amount of profit, for a while I thought I should sell my investment but later I realized that since I don't need the money, I should hold this investment for a longer period of time. Apart from holding the capital and profit part for a long time, I will add some new investment and also keep the new investment amount for a long time. 

As much as I have faith in bitcoin, I have enough faith in the long-term to expect better results from the market.
Lida93

Activity: 742
Merit: 522

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2023, 06:26:19 PM

mate there is no point creating a distinct thread instrumental to diversification discussion, I think this thread also envelopes discussions that revolves within the idea of buying the dip and hodl. And diversification is not out of point.

If as an investor how do you intend getting funds to fund your plans of buying the dip if you don't have a good diversified source of cash flow. You don't buy the dip with empty hands and that's what makes me believe that the discussion of diversification side-by-side the dip is something that can't be overemphasized if buying the dip is with the plan to hodl for long term.
You've got to have a sustainance to make the long term plan possible.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: