Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:35:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 405 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77175 times)
Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2023, 06:03:30 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), fillippone (1)

The main objective of investing in Bitcoin is to hold it for a long period of time so that good prospects can be achieved. Once you start investing in bitcoins, you should invest for a long time, never for a short period of time. You see (October to December) the price of Bitcoin has changed twice in just two months.
Never covet this benefit, the price of Bitcoin was limited to $25k in October, but the current price has reached $44k by the beginning of December. Double the price of Bitcoin in the span of two months, which will spell doom for you if you sell Bitcoin for the money. Because this opportunity to invest will be much less in the future, because the price of Bitcoin will only increase overnight. So long-term investors never look for profit.
So you invest for long term and achieve future success. Having bitcoin means you are the king of future money.

Those of us who choose Bitcoin for investment are one step ahead of success by investing early. A bitcoin investor is right when it comes to investing for the long term, while an investor in other coins is not right at all because he made a wrong decision early on. If we want to keep our investment safe or if we have a long-term plan with our investment, then we must invest in Bitcoin with a list of Bitcoin preferences. 

An investor should initially think about which coin he is investing in. Before managing a large amount of money for investment, an investor must be confirmed that he is investing in the right coin. It is a wrong decision for an investor to invest in any platform or coin other than Bitcoin. By shortlisting Bitcoin for investment, an investor can invest in Bitcoin at any given time to get a rough idea of the investment. 

You have shown the price chart for October and November here in the price chart, between October and November I think a lot of investors invested in Bitcoin and they sold their investment again after making a small profit. It happened only to some investors but the real investors were never affected by this price change and they held their investments till now.
If the October and November price charts had influenced me, I would have sold the investment instead of increasing my investment again, but I didn't. I already have enough Bitcoin investment but I have increased my investment again hoping for something better and I have enough faith in the investment that I hope that one time I will get a good amount of money return from this investment.

Much beneficial earned when investing in bitcoin for long term period holding, some investor or holder of bitcoin lack patience make bitcoin as long term investment way and earn more profitable when hold it on long period. Comparison with Bitcoin price on October $25,000 without two months Bitcoin almost raise up 50% latest highest price above $45,000. How much profitable earned when many holder or investor keep patience since invest Bitcoin under $15,000 and keep hold it until today.
Yes I agree with you that many Bitcoin investors lacks patience
When it comes to holding Bitcoin. But I think every investor has his or her greed level. There are people who bought Bitcoin when it dip to $15k earlier this year and set a target that they will sell at $25k while others set a target to sell at $35k. It now becomes difficult for them to keep their Bitcoin once they price enter that region. It's just just a normal thing for short term Holders.

Not every investor has the same patience or courage, you and I have enough patience and courage and have enough faith in the market so that market price changes cannot affect us. Although the temporary price changes of the market cannot sway us, there are some investors who cannot stick to their decisions. There can be various reasons behind an investor not sticking to his decision. Some may be very satisfied with a small amount of profit while some investors may not be able to accept a small amount of loss as they just want to continue to profit from their investment. In one word, you can call successful and true investors who can accept temporary or temporary loss and keep their investment focused on specific target.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pinggoki

Activity: 1470
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 09:05:05 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Sure if you have long term investment ideas, then you would likely not be selling any of your bitcoin now, but I doubt that the reason would merely be because you expect profits to be guaranteed in the future, but instead that you had made your investment into bitcoin based on a long term investment thesis and you are not merely thinking about short term profits.
That's a decent thesis to follow, a lot of people have regretted not getting into bitcoin and they're not really that into missing out again if they can help it, plus it's the easiest thesis to follow when it comes to bitcoin investing, all you need is patience to wait for your bitcoin price to come and then buy again when the price starts going down and setting another goal.
On the other hand, if you come into bitcoin and you do not have solid ideas for what might be your investment thesis, and you might not even know why you like bitcoin except for thinking that it could make you some money, then you likely would be more inclined to sell at various points along the way, and you might not really realize that you could sell in increments, but instead you think about either being in or out, and so it could look very attractive to get 40% to 60% profits in less than a couple of months.
Totally agree, not knowing where you stand in something will ultimately be your downfall and in the case of bitcoin investment, neutral or indecisive stance will lead to losses and discouragement from investing in something ever again. If you don't like complications, just follow the first investing thesis since you don't have to work too much in terms of analysis there but do what works best for you.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Onyeeze

Activity: 504
Merit: 151

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 12:28:23 PM

Sure if you have long term investment ideas, then you would likely not be selling any of your bitcoin now, but I doubt that the reason would merely be because you expect profits to be guaranteed in the future, but instead that you had made your investment into bitcoin based on a long term investment thesis and you are not merely thinking about short term profits.
A long term investment idea is depend on what you have in mind and your target, some do not calculate the future well and they began to sell their bitcoin, what triggers some people who is inquisitive to sell their bitcoin right as bitcoin is increasing is because they believe on the physical increment of bitcoin and they don't make use of chart to know what the future will yield, secondly, their is different between someone who is into long-term Investing and short-term investing, someone who into short-term investing doesn't think of the future it only be interested of making an instant profit whereas long-term Investing somebody is concentrating into the future and that is why a long-term investor keeping holding it bitcoin knowing that bitcoin might keep adding in value and as bitcoin is adding its making a profit

Churchillvv

Activity: 392
Merit: 166

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2023, 12:51:13 PM
Merited by KiaKia (2), Agbamoni (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I always feel sorry for those people who invest in Bitcoin, doing it well and at a low price. But then they are forced to sell Bitcoin because there is no money. Although they would not have sold it in any other case.
So that's what is called a big mistake in the investment they made. Everyone has made the mistake of selling too quickly and it was a rash decision they made. I see many who take quick profits when the market moves up recently but it is still difficult for them to find a lower price like the first entry they made. However, there are also those who apply the buy back strategy to increase their BTC holdings from the profits they get.

Your assumption that everyone has made such mistake is very wrong there are lot of people here in this forum who still holds Bitcoin since when bought about a more or less 10 years ago but haven't sold they Bitcoin due to a well planned investment strategy.

Most people whom are selling for some reasons such as personal issues are likely due to lack of proper planning, it also advised to invest what cannot in anyway affect your standard/cost of living i.e make reservations of extra funds for emergency situations etc to be well prepared for investment.

Some people just wake up and use almost all they have to invest in a business (investment) and when something goes the opposite of their expectations everything crashes all because of lack of planning if you have been reading through this thread you will find out what is required before going into investment. so not everyone is victim of selling their Bitcoin real quick because the have a well planned investment strategy.

Especially those who sell quickly are traders and not those who invest in the long term. So it's not surprising that the sell order wall is high because they take profits quickly. I think there are many factors that they might regret their hasty decision to sell because if Bitcoin could close at $50k in the near future then they missed a bigger opportunity to make a bigger profit / and that's just a small example)

For those who can hold longer and continue to buy on dips, they are potential new rich people someday and we have seen the adage that Holding is a winner.
Trading Bitcoin is equally gambling and those who gambling stand a chance of 50-50 with it either they loss or win.

People sell rush and sell their coins because of the kind of investment they are into, People who into short term investment probably rush to sell so that they will not lose opportunity to, and people who is into prolong investment will deem it fit to ensure that they have keep their coin until bitcoin reach to a particular amount they wants before selling.
Let's think logically, not everyone who is selling their Bitcoin now is a short term investors or whatever you call them, one can actually be selling because they have reached their purchase target and have extra cash reserved instead of having this funds in cash which will depreciated in value due to inflation they (few) sometimes buy the dips and sell in the bull market hence making extra profit whereas the still have their original holdings in their portfolio so it not everyone who is selling is short term investors.

Disclaimer: the example below is an imagination

Let's also put it differently, if you have a purchased up to 50 BTC and you have about a 10k coming into your cash flow you can buy Bitcoin during the dips and sell in bull run take the profit, and fund your lifestyle, travel, go on vacation etc so when you see people sell it may not be because they are short term investor but it maybe for such reason as the example I gave above.

myself I will not sell my bitcoin for now and I can never sell bitcoin because I know that the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and selling now I might regret my actions and decisions later so it's rather for me to keep my coins and check what 2024 bullrun will yield
I would love you not to contradict yourself. you will not sell your Bitcoin now or you will never sell you Bitcoin?
if you say now it's clear that you know what you want but when say never it contradicts the first sentence, first I have said this before that the illusion created around holding is not right the goal of buying Bitcoin is either for profit which equally means you will sell at some point or for participation in the ongoing trend of new paradigm.
from what you have been saying it's clear that you want some profit from Bitcoin so saying you will NEVER sell your holding is an over exaggeration.

Be careful, never sell bitcoins because someone is greedy for money because the price of bitcoins has increased. Learn to buy bitcoins, not sell them.
I don't think someone would want to sell their bitcoin at this time just because they are greedy for money when they are fully aware that the Bitcoin that they are holding can give them profits in the future.

Anyone that you see who sells their bitcoin now is doing it for financial reasons and not for greed. I can't have an urgent need of money and you expect me not to sell my bitcoin so that I won't appear greedy, whereby I know that I can buy bitcoin back at any time I have the money to.
In everything before you go into investment you should at least have some funds that can be used to sort out frequently arising issues such as health etc not with your investment amount like I have said before it usually as a result of lack of proper planning that will cost anyone to sell the holding for such financial reasons.

Even you can buy Bitcoin at anytime it's not guaranteed that you will meet bitcoin at the same price which bought before and like we do say delay is dangerous, you could miss out some opportunities while waiting for the so called price to dip before you buy again.

Ndabagi01

Activity: 574
Merit: 287

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 02:20:58 PM

Be careful, never sell bitcoins because someone is greedy for money because the price of bitcoins has increased. Learn to buy bitcoins, not sell them.
I don't think someone would want to sell their bitcoin at this time just because they are greedy for money when they are fully aware that the Bitcoin that they are holding can give them profits in the future.

Anyone that you see who sells their bitcoin now is doing it for financial reasons and not for greed. I can't have an urgent need of money and you expect me not to sell my bitcoin so that I won't appear greedy, whereby I know that I can buy bitcoin back at any time I have the money to.

This is not greed because you are using the money for something important to you, and it makes no sense to have a lot of money invested and still live an uncomfortable life, possibly borrowing to satisfy your desires. People are advised to invest what they do not want to use right now because of scenarios like this. By doing so, you’ll have a separate savings for urgent needs while making this investment a last option resort. If you have all of this in place, your investment will be safer and will only be withdrawn when you have maximised, taken a lot of profits.

Yes I agree with you that many Bitcoin investors lacks patience
When it comes to holding Bitcoin. But I think every investor has his or her greed level. There are people who bought Bitcoin when it dip to $15k earlier this year and set a target that they will sell at $25k while others set a target to sell at $35k. It now becomes difficult for them to keep their Bitcoin once they price enter that region. It's just just a normal thing for short term Holders.

Short-term investors should be prepared to take advantage of the upcoming bull run; even if they purchased at a lower price, the price movement does not indicate that they should sell now. But holding for a long time is required to come with a prepared market mindset. If short-term investors do not have that mindset, they will always take profit when prices reach their desired targets and exit the market immediately. Perhaps this is referred to as risk management, though the risk in bitcoin is already minimal if you are willing to hold for a long time.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 162

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 02:52:17 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2023, 03:02:42 PM by Mayor of ogba

Part of the problem, is that you do not necessarily know if you will still be able to accumulate as much BTC under each of the strategies.  Sure you might end up investing the same amount of money, but you might not be able to accumulate the same amount of BTC, so frequently, each of us has to decide within the means that we have available, and sometimes we might not even have lump sum available to us, absent having to take out a loan or otherwise put our finances in stress in order to accomplish lump sum... but it still does not mean that lump sum is a bad idea even if carrying out lump sum might end up in certain kinds of tradeoffs, such as financial/psychological stress or even potentially not having as much cash available to buy on dips if dips were to occur after the date of the lump sum injection(s).
You are right @JJG. The person who invested in Bitcoin with a lump sum might end up accumulating less Bitcoin Bitcoin because he/she invested in Bitcoin at once and if there is a Bitcoin dip, the person will not have any other money to buy the Bitcoin dip. It is always good to come to this thread to be guided on the best ways to invest in Bitcoin and hold.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 02:56:02 PM

2023 is a good time for Bitcoin holders. Since the beginning of November, the Bitcoin price has been slowly improving with only green candles. Currently the price of Bitcoin has reached $44K, so no one should stop holding Bitcoin DCA method because the portfolio has increased. The more bitcoins you hold for longer, the more you will benefit. When you invest in the Bitcoin DCA method at the beginning of 2023, you can see for yourself how much portfolio growth is achieved by investing in Bitcoin by looking at the averages then and now. Invest in Bitcoin at the right time and the future will definitely be bright.
Investing in Bitcoin is always a sound and sensible decision, given that the price of Bitcoin has increased significantly since November, now is not the best time to invest in Bitcoin. We have trusted Bitcoin for a long time and have been investing in Bitcoin with trust in Bitcoin for a long time. When Bitcoin had relatively bad times, invested in Bitcoin during those bad times and invested and held Bitcoin waiting for good times. My plan was that since I would be holding my bitcoins for a long time, a temporary drop in the price of bitcoins is not a big deal. I hired at a time when people weren't talking much about investing in Bitcoin and I've held my investment so far and will continue to do so. I have a plan to hold my investments for a long time and I want to execute that plan 100%. Since I was able to hold on to my investment during the bad times of the market, I think it will be easier for me to hold on to it in the coming days.  
Of course, investing in Bitcoin is a long-term investment.  I've been holding on to Bitcoin ever since it hit 15.5K in late 2022, and early 2023.  And till today I invest in Bitcoin following DCA method 2 times a month.  I have been hoarding bitcoins for a long time and it is my dream that I will hoard bitcoins like this for years to come.  I have accumulated bitcoins for 13 long months and will continue to accumulate bitcoins for years to come.  Because I have seen my wallet improve.

That's why everyone is advised not to sell bitcoins after seeing the wallet improve.

Congratulations for getting into bitcoin at or near the bottom of this particular cycle, and surely anyone who has been investing into bitcoin fairly consistently and/or aggressively within about the last 18 months or so will currently be sitting fairly pretty in terms of the profitability of their BTC holdings.

At the same time, any of you guys starting in bitcoin in the last couple of years are still babies in terms of you bitcoin longevity and your potential ability to actually demonstrate abilities to survive well through good times and bad times.. not merely words but also actions... .

So lets see if you can make it through a whole cycle or even a cycle and a half, and don't get me wrong. . I am not trying to bash on the fact that you state your "good intentions" to be a long term BTC Hodler. which is way better to be talking the talk rather than not... so it is a step in the right direction, while at the same time, don't take for granted that if you have a mere 1 year (or perhaps a bit more) experience in investing into bitcoin that you are some kind of a veteran in regards to bitcoin.

On the other hand, I am sure that you came to bitcoin with other life experiences that may more may not be relevant in terms of getting you to the point in which you were able to have enough conviction to start investing in bitcoin towards our most recent local bottom .. which also must have a story, beyond merely getting lucky.. by being in the right place at the right time.. which don't get me wrong, sometimes there is going to be some luck involved too.. and nothing wrong with a bit of luck that does not need to always be attributed towards being some kind of sorcerer in regards to bitcoin's price and/or price direction.

If an investor has a little bit of courage, trust and the tendency to hold on to his investment, then he can definitely hold on to his investment for a long time even if he overcomes a hundred hurdles.
You can discuss the benefits an investor can get from holding on to their bitcoins, but if you warn someone, they'll think you're convincing them to sell the investment. We usually invest in Bitcoin with the possibility of getting good amount of profit and keep that investment for time but it is not sure that I will get hundred percent profit if I invest in Bitcoin and keep the investment for long time. So you can show great potential without giving 100% guarantee to someone, because if an investor invests, the risk of money will be taken by that investor.
A person willing to invest in Bitcoin must have the ability to accept the risk. As an example myself, I was very scared when I started investing in Bitcoin but now that my current wallet is not scared, I don't mind taking a bigger risk. Because I have found that nothing can be achieved in life without taking risks. Because of which risk is always the key to success. Once the risk is taken it will be possible to improve in the future, as I consider myself somewhat successful by investing for a long 13 months.

But we have more positive points because investing in DCA method, of course, on average, the risk is reduced a lot. So this is the best method to invest in Bitcoin.

These are all good points.

I always feel sorry for those people who invest in Bitcoin, doing it well and at a low price. But then they are forced to sell Bitcoin because there is no money. Although they would not have sold it in any other case.
So that's what is called a big mistake in the investment they made. Everyone has made the mistake of selling too quickly and it was a rash decision they made. I see many who take quick profits when the market moves up recently but it is still difficult for them to find a lower price like the first entry they made. However, there are also those who apply the buy back strategy to increase their BTC holdings from the profits they get.

Especially those who sell quickly are traders and not those who invest in the long term. So it's not surprising that the sell order wall is high because they take profits quickly. I think there are many factors that they might regret their hasty decision to sell because if Bitcoin could close at $50k in the near future then they missed a bigger opportunity to make a bigger profit / and that's just a small example)

For those who can hold longer and continue to buy on dips, they are potential new rich people someday and we have seen the adage that Holding is a winner.
People sell rush and sell their coins because of the kind of investment they are into, People who into short term investment probably rush to sell so that they will not lose opportunity to, and people who is into prolong investment will deem it fit to ensure that they have keep their coin until bitcoin reach to a particular amount they wants before selling.

The thing that have to do with bitcoin is that if you don't have target of when you will sell and when not to sell you will think that someone who sold it on time rush to sell, myself I will not sell my bitcoin for now and I can never sell bitcoin because I know that the price of bitcoin is increasing day by day and selling now I might regret my actions and decisions later so it's rather for me to keep my coins and check what 2024 bullrun will yield

Your assertion comes off as a bit confused.  Sure, shorter term BTC holders will likely have target sell amounts, and surely some longer term BTC holders will also have sell targets. 

You seem to imply that it is good to have a sell target, even if you are longer term BTC holder, but you personally don't have a sell target because you want to see the price go up first to be able to figure that part out... as if you need to establish selling points.. which you do not have to establish selling points, even though you can decide to sel off various parts of your BTC holdings at various price points, but you do not need to figure out selling your BTC if you do not want to. In other words, it is not necessarily to establish BTC sell points, and you can decide that you are not going to make any plans to sell, but you might still be able to sell small portions at any time that you like, if you want to.

Let's say for example in 2015, you decided that you were going to put $45k into bitcoin, and then you were going to figure out what to do later... such as 10 years or more.  So you ended up buying around 150 BTC for right around $300 each.  At some point along the way, you may well end up changing your plan because you see that your BTC is worth so much, but you do not need to decide to sell it, but instead to just start to shave off 5% or 10% per year based on the 200-week moving average value.. and maybe even you are spending some BTC from time to time, but you still have other income sources because you pretty much ended up getting returns on your BTC that were much greater than you thought and much sooner than you thought.  And, at the same time, there is no need to plan to sell large amounts of BTC at any given time in order to be able to prosper significantly from merely having the BTC, letting it ride and maybe even spending from other sources and/or investments that you have rather than spending your BTC in which you have no reason to believe that it is not going to continue to hold its value better than many other assets, if not most assets, if not all other assets, so why would you want to sell your BTC first? or even why would you conclude that it is part of any necessary strategy to consider selling much if any of your BTC.

Now there is no need to even see that many profits in order to still have a similar kind of mindset, and instead of having an average cost of $300 per BTC, a person might have ended up investing in bitcoin for several years between 2016 and now, and maybe s/he ended up investing more than $60k-$100k into bitcoin and having around $2k - $5k per BTC cost, which would be around 20 BTC (not as good case) to 30 BTC (better case) accumulated.  That person could be in a similar position as the earlier person - even though his/her cost per BTC is much higher and also his/her quantity of BTC is much lower... but such person could still start to consider if s/he might have enough BTC or if there is any need to sell much if any BTC in order to be advantaged by having had accumulated anywhere between 20 BTC and 30 BTC over the past 7 years or so.  Again, there would not necessarily be any need to engage in any kinds of large amounts of selling of BTC in order to be able to prosper tremendously from having the BTC even if there might be considerations that s/he might believe that s/he has enough BTC.  People are different in regards to how much is enough and how to manage their BTC once they believe that they have reached or are close to reaching their BTC accumulation goals.

You have shown the price chart for October and November here in the price chart, between October and November I think a lot of investors invested in Bitcoin and they sold their investment again after making a small profit. It happened only to some investors but the real investors were never affected by this price change and they held their investments till now.
If the October and November price charts had influenced me, I would have sold the investment instead of increasing my investment again, but I didn't. I already have enough Bitcoin investment but I have increased my investment again hoping for something better and I have enough faith in the investment that I hope that one time I will get a good amount of money return from this investment.

Michael Saylor?  Is that you?

In one word, you can call successful and true investors who can accept temporary or temporary loss and keep their investment focused on specific target.

What is the "specific target?"  Isn't the target moving?  I mean we could have some ideas about how many BTC that we need or that we want, but we might have varying ways to valuate our BTC holdings , such as valuing it in dollars or valuing it in hookers, lambos and blow, or some other ways of valuating our holdings.. so do you think that we are going to know when we get to the target?  or is the target just to get more and more and more.

Actually, earlier in your post you mentioned that you have enough bitcoin, but you still continue to buy more... so why are "we" buying more?  Is the more for a cushion?  or is it that you are not sure if you have enough or not? 

I am not trying to pick on you, but it can also be difficult to suggest that everyone is going to know what their specific target is.. because maybe it is not exactly a specific target but it is a kind of moving target or a kind of target that is somewhat specific, but has to continue to be reassessed, even if "we" might try to mostly stay focused.. such as saying that I want to make it to entry-level fuck you status in today's dollars, and I expect to get there in 5 years or 10 years, but if I don't meet the timeline or the amount is even changing based on how well assets might hold their value in the future as compared to my attempt to predict future value based on present value assessments... or projection of present value into the future.

That's a decent thesis to follow, a lot of people have regretted not getting into bitcoin and they're not really that into missing out again if they can help it, plus it's the easiest thesis to follow when it comes to bitcoin investing, all you need is patience to wait for your bitcoin price to come and then buy again when the price starts going down and setting another goal.
On the other hand, if you come into bitcoin and you do not have solid ideas for what might be your investment thesis, and you might not even know why you like bitcoin except for thinking that it could make you some money, then you likely would be more inclined to sell at various points along the way, and you might not really realize that you could sell in increments, but instead you think about either being in or out, and so it could look very attractive to get 40% to 60% profits in less than a couple of months.
Totally agree, not knowing where you stand in something will ultimately be your downfall and in the case of bitcoin investment, neutral or indecisive stance will lead to losses and discouragement from investing in something ever again. If you don't like complications, just follow the first investing thesis since you don't have to work too much in terms of analysis there but do what works best for you.

There is nothing wrong with being flexible, but at the same time having goals.

For example, let's take your forum registration date in December 2016, and let's say that you started out with some loose goals of accumulating BTC, and sure if you were consistent and organized, then after 7 years, and investing around $100 per week, you would have invested around $36.6k and you would have accumulated about 5.7162 BTC, and so there can be quite a few variations on such a theme that is still relatively successful, but at the same time, there may well be points in time that you mix up your practices based on your learnings about BTC, so maybe if you made some mistakes along the way, you learn from the mistakes, so you are likely not just randomly making changes based on loosey goosey standards but based on experience and ongoing attempts at learning along the way.

Of course, you would not necessarily need to stick with DCA, because the extent to which you might stick with DCA might depend upon what you did in the past, and thereby assessing what to do in part based on what you had already done, but if you had made so many mistakes that you did not accumulate much if any BTC over the years, then you might decide to now increase your level of aggressiveness, which could cause you to conclude that DCA is best or maybe you want to front-load by lump summing into BTC or maybe you want to plan to buy on dip or some combination of those - which may well be based on your reassessment of the situation based on where you are at now and if you believe that you might have made mistakes in the past and perhaps attempting to not make similar mistakes, in the event that you had made mistakes in the past.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 162

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 03:50:03 PM

I don't think someone would want to sell their Bitcoin at this time just because they are greedy for money when they are fully aware that the Bitcoin that they are holding can give them profits in the future.

Anyone that you see who sells their bitcoin now is doing it for financial reasons and not for greed. I can't have an urgent need of money and you expect me not to sell my Bitcoin so that I won't appear greedy
That is why it is advisable to have a source of income before someone starts his Bitcoin accumulation journey so that the person will have what to depend on to take care of his financial challenges and not sell his Bitcoin even when he is at a loss.
Whereby I know that I can buy bitcoin back at any time I have the money to.
Buying back Bitcoin after you sell it, will be expensive and you will be on less profits compared to the person holding Bitcoin for the long term. For instance, you accumulated 0.01 BTC when Bitcoin was at $25k and you sold now that Bitcoin is at $43k, taking a profit of $180. If you want to accumulate that same amount of 0.01 BTC it will cost you more money because Bitcoin has reached where it will keep an up trend in price, and your patience will not allow you to wait for Bitcoin to dip before you can buy again, since Bitcoin is rising in price.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 04:42:31 PM

Buying Bitcoin with a lump sum will allow you to complete the quantity of Bitcoin you want on time, while DCA will delay your accumulation process, in the end, you will still accumulate the quantity of Bitcoin you want.
Part of the problem, is that you do not necessarily know if you will still be able to accumulate as much BTC under each of the strategies.  Sure you might end up investing the same amount of money, but you might not be able to accumulate the same amount of BTC, so frequently, each of us has to decide within the means that we have available, and sometimes we might not even have lump sum available to us, absent having to take out a loan or otherwise put our finances in stress in order to accomplish lump sum... but it still does not mean that lump sum is a bad idea even if carrying out lump sum might end up in certain kinds of tradeoffs, such as financial/psychological stress or even potentially not having as much cash available to buy on dips if dips were to occur after the date of the lump sum injection(s).
You are right @JJG. The person who invested in Bitcoin with a lump sum might end up accumulating less Bitcoin Bitcoin because he/she invested in Bitcoin at once and if there is a Bitcoin dip, the person will not have any other money to buy the Bitcoin dip. It is always good to come to this thread to be guided on the best ways to invest in Bitcoin and hold.

I had to quote you, just to fix your quote.. because I was not sure from which post you were getting my quote...

As far as my further substantive response, I am not even saying that there is any "best way" to invest in terms of whether you end up being more profitable or less profitable, and even though we frequently like to measure our "level of success" based on how much profits we make, there likely is way more to "success" than mere profit levels, even though maybe I am also somewhat presuming that if you tailor your own investment approach in accordance with your own personal circumstances, then you are likely going to have more profits from that overall, even if it might not have ended up as the most profitable play.

In other words, we can look back and see that we could have done x, y or z, and we could have been more profitable, but merely being able to see an alternative course that would have ended up being more profitable, at the time, that we make our decisions about what to do and how to employ our capital, we don't know the future, so hopefully, we are attempting to protect ourselves from a variety of possible scenarios both to the upside and to the downside.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Frankolala

Activity: 700
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 04:46:45 PM

A long term investment idea is depend on what you have in mind and your target, some do not calculate the future well and they began to sell their bitcoin, what triggers some people who is inquisitive to sell their bitcoin right as bitcoin is increasing is because they believe on the physical increment of bitcoin and they don't make use of chart to know what the future will yield, secondly, their is different between someone who is into long-term Investing and short-term investing, someone who into short-term investing doesn't think of the future it only be interested of making an instant profit whereas long-term Investing somebody is concentrating into the future and that is why a long-term investor keeping holding it bitcoin knowing that bitcoin might keep adding in value and as bitcoin is adding its making a profit
It is based on your mindset that made you to start your bitcoin journey and the love you have for bitcoin as an investment that is worth hodli for a long term. Some people are into bitcoin investment to sell and take profit, while some long term hodlers believes in bitcoin as an investment that is worth having till old age, just the way people that have gold as an investment prefer to keep it till old age as long as they don't depend on it to survive. 

I guess that is why people like JJG who are among the early investors in bitcoin has the same feelings because holding bitcoin as his investment gives him joy. But most bitcoin investors are only after profit taking and not loving it as an investment. I ran into some financial challenge recently and I need to take care of it, I almost sold some fraction of my bitcoin because my emergency funds is not able to handle it, I sat down and thought over it and I never liked the idea of selling because I feel that I have not reached 50% of my bitcoin target.

What I did after much thought was to go to my Boss and get a salary advance which I used to solve that emergency and I got a big relief and happiness that I didn't sell a dime from my bitcoin, even though I was on profit.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 05:41:06 PM

It is based on your mindset that made you to start your bitcoin journey and the love you have for bitcoin as an investment that is worth hodli for a long term. Some people are into bitcoin investment to sell and take profit, while some long term hodlers believes in bitcoin as an investment that is worth having till old age, just the way people that have gold as an investment prefer to keep it till old age as long as they don't depend on it to survive. 

I guess that is why people like JJG who are among the early investors in bitcoin has the same feelings because holding bitcoin as his investment gives him joy.

I am not sure if it gives joy in and of itself, but it seems to give options - ways to store value and to potentially be able to spend value in a way that no one can stop me (or any other BTC HODLer) from being able to send it to anyone else, and surely there still needs to be ways in which we are able to communicate, whether it is face to face, and you show me a barcode and I can just send it or receive it... but also there can be places around the world or even sending to yourself from point A to point B.

Of course, there are times in which BTC's price is fluctuating a lot, including several periods in which it dropped in price by more than 50%, and even in the ballpark of 70% to 80%, but we can still zoom out and see that the increase in value (price) has been continuously in the upwards direction, even if we have several extended periods in which it had been dropping in price or not really going up in price.

There is no real reason to believe that bitcoin is not going to continue to increase in both value and price, even though it is not guaranteed to do so... there is plenty of evidence that shows that several aspects of bitcoin's fundamentals have strong foundations... --even if we are looking at the various network effects of bitcoin's ongoing adoption (as outlined by Trace Mayer)  .. which surely are building from sound money principles and solid technical aspects and in-place free-market incentives to reinforce the sound money fundamentals.

But most bitcoin investors are only after profit taking and not loving it as an investment. I ran into some financial challenge recently and I need to take care of it, I almost sold some fraction of my bitcoin because my emergency funds is not able to handle it, I sat down and thought over it and I never liked the idea of selling because I feel that I have not reached 50% of my bitcoin target.

What I did after much thought was to go to my Boss and get a salary advance which I used to solve that emergency and I got a big relief and happiness that I didn't sell a dime from my bitcoin, even though I was on profit.

These can be tough decisions to try to figure out various alternative means to deal with tougher times, and sometimes it can take a bit of time to dig ourselves out of a hole or even to get ourselves back to a position in which we have our emergency fund in place and it is sufficient and we can continue to build our BTC holdings at the same time as we might be buttressing other aspects of our lives... whether it is relationships, work matters, housing, food and health.

Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Merit: 514

Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2023, 06:33:24 PM

Of course, there are times in which BTC's price is fluctuating a lot, including several periods in which it dropped in price by more than 50%, and even in the ballpark of 70% to 80%, but we can still zoom out and see that the increase in value (price) has been continuously in the upwards direction, even if we have several extended periods in which it had been dropping in price or not really going up in price.

You are absolutely right sir, @JayJuanGee, although I have had several teachings, learn people's idea, and principles that make me so optimistic about Bitcoin and jealously protect my portfolio as I continually add more fractions of Bitcoin to it. When I see a very big dip In the market that has dropped my investment value so badly, I go over to look at the six major price crashes of Bitcoin. In the image below, you can see it, and as a Bitcoin maximalist, you are more aware of what I am trying to say. I assure myself with the formal price crash because I know that even if it drops by -80%, it will surely bounce back.

Litzki1990

Activity: 1204
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2023, 06:57:46 PM

As a new member who is very interested in bitcoin and want to know about bitcoin I think he should help all new members with various information about bitcoin. Many people want to know what I do, how I earn money or where I invest, but I don't tell everyone about my affairs. Among the people who try to learn about these things from me, I prefer those members who can learn how to invest on their own without worrying too much about what others have done. If I tell some people about my investment relationship they may cause me danger or at other times they may harm me so I will give maximum help to him who will only focus on his work and will be very curious to know.

I think if through me someone can get a good idea about bitcoin and investing and they can use that idea to invest in bitcoin and keep that investment for a long time then that is a big achievement for me. Maybe I will not take the share of his profit if he invests but when he invests for a long time and remembers me when he profits, there is my value.

A person made a profit by investing in Bitcoin and after hearing his profit we got encouraged to invest in Bitcoin but after investing in Bitcoin I saw some loss in the initial stage so we are completely wrong to think that we can never make a profit. Market is now showing loss on your investment, after few days you will see profit. Profits and losses are a very normal thing when investing. If an investor gets too excited due to either a small gain or a small loss, it is difficult for him to hold the investment. I don't think an investor investing in Bitcoin needs to check the market repeatedly or check his wallet. The more we check the wallet or watch the market after investing, the more difficult it is for us to hold the investment, the better way is to invest in Bitcoin and forget about our investment for a long time.

Buying back Bitcoin after you sell it, will be expensive and you will be on less profits compared to the person holding Bitcoin for the long term. For instance, you accumulated 0.01 BTC when Bitcoin was at $25k and you sold now that Bitcoin is at $43k, taking a profit of $180. If you want to accumulate that same amount of 0.01 BTC it will cost you more money because Bitcoin has reached where it will keep an up trend in price, and your patience will not allow you to wait for Bitcoin to dip before you can buy again, since Bitcoin is rising in price.
Today I have one thing to check for those who have sold their bitcoins instead of holding them. Those of you who regularly sell bitcoins will check your wallet to see how much the amount you transferred is now showing in btc. If you transfer 100 dollars during 25 thousand dollars then at this time that transfer will show like 170 to 180 dollars then your profit from selling bitcoin is loss. That is, those who sold only their own Bitcoins at that time realized that they had received relatively little local currency by selling a large amount of BTC. Not only has it happened in the past, but it will happen in the future as well, maybe even without investing in Bitcoin. We will sell and in future we will see that we were stupid so it is better to practice investing now rather than being stupid. If you have the habit of investing, the profit will be yours.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 07:20:59 PM

You are absolutely right sir, @JayJuanGee, although I have had several teachings, learn people's idea, and principles that make me so optimistic about Bitcoin and jealously protect my portfolio as I continually add more fractions of Bitcoin to it. When I see a very big dip In the market that has dropped my investment value so badly, I go over to look at the six major price crashes of Bitcoin. In the image below, you can see it, and as a Bitcoin maximalist, you are more aware of what I am trying to say. I assure myself with the formal price crash because I know that even if it drops by -80%, it will surely bounce back.

There is something wrong with the numbers in that chart.  It is like people make charts and they just guess

If it is merely referring to the BIG dips, then maybe we could look at the BIG dips like this:

2011   - From $32 to $2  = 93.75%   

2013a   - From $263 to $63  = 76%

2013b   - From $1,163 to $153  = 87%

2017   - From $19,666 to $3,124  = 84%  (this one looks right)

2020   - From July 2019 $13,880 to $3,850  = 72%  or alternatively  From February 2020 - $10,200 to $3,850  = 62%

2021   - From late 2021 $69,000 to $15,479  = 87.5% and probably the one they are referring to is from early 2021 $64.5k-ish to $28.8k-ish.  = 55%

But there have been various other BIG dips in the midst of those dips.  There were many that were greater than 25%.. Difficult to have confidence in a chart that is not very close to getting the numbers right when they are specifically pointing out numbers in their chart... .. 

Dr.Bitcoin_Strange

Merit: 514

Go after the goal... Go!!! It is worth getting!

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2023, 07:57:22 PM

There is something wrong with the numbers in that chart.  It is like people make charts and they just guess

If it is merely referring to the BIG dips, then maybe we could look at the BIG dips like this:

2011   - From $32 to $2  = 93.75%   

2013a   - From $263 to $63  = 76%

2013b   - From $1,163 to $153  = 87%

2017   - From $19,666 to $3,124  = 84%  (this one looks right)

2020   - From July 2019 $13,880 to $3,850  = 72%  or alternatively  From February 2020 - $10,200 to $3,850  = 62%

2021   - From late 2021 $69,000 to $15,479  = 87.5% and probably the one they are referring to is from early 2021 $64.5k-ish to $28.8k-ish.  = 55%

But there have been various other BIG dips in the midst of those dips.  There were many that were greater than 25%.. Difficult to have confidence in a chart that is not very close to getting the numbers right when they are specifically pointing out numbers in their chart... .. 

I really appreciate this piece of information, sir, @JayJuanGee. The funny thing is that I have severally use this picture as a public reference, not actually knowing that it is not very accurate. Now I have a more accurate chart. Thanks.
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 08:58:15 PM

Your assumption that everyone has made such mistake is very wrong there are lot of people here in this forum who still holds Bitcoin since when bought about a more or less 10 years ago but haven't sold they Bitcoin due to a well planned investment strategy.

Don't mean to say everything but I'm sure they must have sold a bit of their holdings and they did. But the most important thing is not to sell everything because that will make them frustrated when they see prices continue to rise.

Most people whom are selling for some reasons such as personal issues are likely due to lack of proper planning, it also advised to invest what cannot in anyway affect your standard/cost of living i.e make reservations of extra funds for emergency situations etc to be well prepared for investment.

Some people just wake up and use almost all they have to invest in a business (investment) and when something goes the opposite of their expectations everything crashes all because of lack of planning if you have been reading through this thread you will find out what is required before going into investment. so not everyone is victim of selling their Bitcoin real quick because the have a well planned investment strategy.

So, for those who trade, of course they are not investors who implement long-term investments. And I have said before that they are daily profit seekers and they can do it several times every day.  they only focus on analyzing charts when it is time to buy and sell.

Trading Bitcoin is equally gambling and those who gambling stand a chance of 50-50 with it either they loss or win.

Of course 50/50 and I would not call this a form of gambling because if they are good at analyzing charts of course they are able to achieve a lot of profit because they can minimize losses with the patterns they have in buying and selling.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
JoyMarsha

Activity: 812
Merit: 351

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 10:03:19 PM
Merited by Sim_card (3), JayJuanGee (1)

For someone who has a long-term investment plan in bitcoin, and doesn't have another side hustle that pays them daily or monthly will be the one to sell their bitcoin at a loss price because they need money to solve a problem. But for Someone who has a long-term investment plan in bitcoin and a side hustle that pays them, will not be forced to sell their bitcoin at a loss price, compared with the individual who doesn't have a job or side hustle.

It is appalling that some investors are no longer investing in bitcoin with the money they can't afford to lose. They are not investing money for their needs just because they heard of the bull run is coming and they forget to save up some for the rainy days when problems come 

Ladies.de███████████████
████▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████
████████████████
▐████████████████▌
░████████████
░███
███████████████
▐████
██████████████▌
░█████
██████████████
██▀███████
█████████▀
███████████████████
██████████████████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LadiesStars
▬▬▬▬

██████▀█████████
███████▀███████▌
█████████████
██████████████████▄
█████████▐█
█████
██████████████████▌
███████▄██████████
███████████████
████▄█████████
████████████████▌
████████▀░███████
░█████▀█████████
████▀██████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2023, 11:27:28 PM

For someone who has a long-term investment plan in bitcoin, and doesn't have another side hustle that pays them daily or monthly will be the one to sell their bitcoin at a loss price because they need money to solve a problem. But for Someone who has a long-term investment plan in bitcoin and a side hustle that pays them, will not be forced to sell their bitcoin at a loss price, compared with the individual who doesn't have a job or side hustle.

It is appalling that some investors are no longer investing in bitcoin with the money they can't afford to lose. They are not investing money for their needs just because they heard of the bull run is coming and they forget to save up some for the rainy days when problems come 

This is for any long term investment - there is a need to have more than enough cashflow, so the invested amount is coming from extra money that is not needed..

Yet, on the other hand, as you mentioned, there are people who are using money that they need for future expenses, and they expect that the BTC price is going to go up, and so therefore, they can use that money that they are going to need in the future in order to buy bitcoin today at lower prices.

There is nothing wrong to do this (gambling) with small amounts of money, but there is also a need to have enough cashflow coming in to be able to pay for expenses.. and surely sometimes, someone might have a small portion of their investment (such as less than 10% or there might be various ways to measure how to put limits on oneself) that they put into a kind of bet that the price will go up and then they will have a plan to cash out at a certain price or within a certain timeframe that it taking chances, but maybe they are taking chances, but not so much chances that they are not able to cover their little gambling inclination.. yet part of the problem is getting carried away and doing too much.. which is not always clear about going too far until an emergency situation comes and there is a lack of preparation for the emergency situation because too many of the emergency funds were put at risk.

Jaycoinz

Activity: 308
Merit: 152

God is All

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2023, 12:52:55 AM

Yeah that's true, the bull market Normally triggers alot of things because of the high hopes of possible return in which investors feel they can gather during this period. But investing with huge money and not calculating for the rainy is actually a very bad idea as you would end up tempering with your coins as their was no proper planning or back up with your investment. In investment starting big isn't always the best idea but investing amount which you can afford to lose that won't affect you is probably the best way to go about it because that way your investment survive any emergency as you will also have other funds to tackle real life problem and not be tempted to touch your investment funds.

I have a friend who have to sell off a very big portion of his Bitcoin in this period just to fulfill his fantasy of actually securing four legs for his wedding plan of which I taught of advising not to as this is a very dire period as the price movement of Bitcoin is just starting to look bullish but he insisted that selling the BTC was all part of his big and it made me wonder why ? If only that he had the wrong investment plan and didn't save up elsewhere for his wedding plans and he is left with tempering with his precious Bitcoin just to make the activity possible.

Mr.suevie

Activity: 518
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2023, 01:21:54 AM

There is nothing wrong to do this (gambling) with small amounts of money, but there is also a need to have enough cashflow coming in to be able to pay for expenses.. and surely sometimes, someone might have a small portion of their investment (such as less than 10% or there might be various ways to measure how to put limits on oneself) that they put into a kind of bet that the price will go up and then they will have a plan to cash out at a certain price or within a certain timeframe that it taking chances, but maybe they are taking chances, but not so much chances that they are not able to cover their little gambling inclination.. yet part of the problem is getting carried away and doing too much.. which is not always clear about going too far until an emergency situation comes and there is a lack of preparation for the emergency situation because too many of the emergency funds were put at risk.
For my own personal opinion, I think it's best not to even try and trade some of your Bitcoin for extra earning because I think that's where you are driving at because I doubt if you won't be carried away if actually you secured some little at trying one or two times, there is no guarantee that it will continue and that would be risking your Bitcoin because if the whole situation turns sideways and instead of profits you amount loses then for sure you if didn't plan well you will definitely end up touching your holding just as you mentioned to solve unexpected events as the money for such was not properly set for.

I feel their is no point at all starting up an investment if actually you are not ready because it will all be a big waste of time as you might end up touching your Bitcoin for other things that are vital that you didn't plan well for so before one should think of making any plans of investing , you should able to have more than one place of cash flow and also have a strong concept of wanting to hold for long because even without that the fear of the price going down can make you sell off your Bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Pages: « 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 [225] 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 ... 405 »
  Print  

Jump to: