Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:55:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76030 times)
Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 09:27:31 PM

Hi all,

Do you think with the ETF's in play, and the buying and selling thats going on OTC we should all consider more precisely when we do our DCA buy. Should we setting our DCA after US market close on a week day or even off a weekday and onto a weekend day?

Regards,
Greyhats
The US market does not affects your DCA. Unless you do not understand fully what they mean by DCA. It is dollar cost average. You buy based on the percentage you set from your income without having to bother what may affect the market or not. This means that the only time your DCA can shift is when your income get higher or lower . For instance if your are dcaing 40% of your income monthly and your salary is $100 which is equivalent to $40.. So if there is an increase in your monthly income, let me say from your initial $100 to $200. Your dca value would now be $80 monthly. Same thing goes to a scenario where there is a decrease in your income, the dca price would be lesser based on the percentage you set for it.

I hope you understand now. The ETF, buy and sell in the US markets cannot affect your investment approach if dca is your strategy. The only persons that may experience some challenges are trading. Remember, majority of rhose who dca are holding their investment for long. They have the mindset that the value will be significant in the near future. However it is your choice to choose if you want to hold for decades, yearly or bi- yearly.

Same with this one, did you read what i posted or did you just take it as an oppurtunity to rant about DCA method. Seriously the echo chamber in this thread has gone to the dogs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10167

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 09:40:32 PM
Merited by Republikcoin.com (1)

[edited out]
For us to fall into the temptation of trying to withdraw our investment, we have to have other source of earnings because it normal for a person to be in need, but you decide to invest in bitcoin you should have it in mind that it is unusual for you as a person to tamper the funds for a particular period of time and this will be for your own good, don't be premature decision take when it come to Bitcoin investment.

When you are out for bitcoin investment there things to avoid, like making fast decision in terms withdrawing funds, no doubt situation may call for such but they only way to overcome this inevitable situation is to make sure that your income can sustain and caution whatever may arise so that nothing will warrant you to think about withdrawing your asset to solve problems.
As the case may be, even though the money grows to a tempting stage, if you must withdraw for anything, let it be for another lucrative investment not for lavishing purposes.

First... You should try to set yourself up in such a way that you are never tempted to tap into your investment.. yes emergencies happen all of the time, but they happen more often when you do not prepare yourself and they happen less often when you prepare.. and yeah, maybe you are in a kind of shitty situation in which you barely have enough to invest into anything, and maybe in those kinds of circumstances, you might not be ready to invest into bitcoin.

Surely, I try to suggest to everyone to get started investing in bitcoin right away, but people have to take responsibilities in terms of making sure that they are not over investing during periods in which their emergency fund is either underdeveloped or has been depleted, and these are judgement calls regarding how to deal with matters.. and whether still buying $10 of BTC is good for that week or maybe that $10 needs to be kept so that there is enough of a cushion in the finances... and yeah, if you have $500 in expenses every month, and you ONLY have $300 income, you are not in a very good position to be investing into anything, unless you happen to have some kind of reserve of more than 6 months that you could justify continuing to invest.. so if your reserve is more than $3k, then maybe you could invest some of that excess into bitcoin, and make sure you get your cashflow up to $500 per month or reduce your expenses so that you are taking from your discretionary/disposable income rather than dipping into your reserves.

Second..  there is nothing wrong with using some bitcoin in order to invest into other projects, but there still might need to be some weighings regarding if it might not be better to just keep the value into bitcoin and to grow bitcoin or to get money from somewhere else or to decide that you don't have enough money in order to invest into that other project.  It is not automatically going to  be a good money to draw from your bitcoin, even if there might be "supposed" "opportunities" coming available, because there are always going to be "opportunities" for people who have grown their wealth as compared with people who have not, but the mere presentation of an opportunity does not mean it is a good idea to draw from your bitcoin, even if bitcoin might be seeming to be at a price peek. 

Of course, the more that you get your bitcoin investment figured out, and the more BTC you accumulate, then there might be some justifications for you to take 10% or more from it, yet the more you take from your  bitcoin stash the more you have to consider the possible trade-offs that you are making when you do that and if you are still in BTC accumulation stage (or even fairly early BTC accumulation stages), then you might have to have a pretty decently strong plan to replace the BTC that you had taken within a reasonable or an expedited timeline.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Roseline492

Activity: 266
Merit: 158

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2024, 09:52:23 PM

Hi all,

Do you think with the ETF's in play, and the buying and selling thats going on OTC we should all consider more precisely when we do our DCA buy. Should we setting our DCA after US market close on a week day or even off a weekday and onto a weekend day?

Regards,
Greyhats
Actually DCA has nothing to do with those stuff you listed above because irrespective of how we feel is very good to buy when the price is dip shouldn't give us the mindset that DCA strategy is by only buying dip, so perhaps one of the reasons why DCA strategy is one of the best strategy is because it doesn't being influenced by any news or price increase of Bitcoin but however the only difference could only be that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated when the price was a bit lower and the amount accumulated when the price was a bit higher, let's take for example if you bought Bitcoin when the price was $40k with $100 Weekly DCA method you will realize that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated using your $100 weekly DCA will totally be different from the amount of Bitcoin you will accumulate using your $100 weekly when the price of Bitcoin will be $46k, so that's just the only difference but however the price of Bitcoin shouldn't influence our DCA strategy because DCA involves slowly accumulation and doesn't depend on Bitcoin price.

FFS did you actually read what I posted, i specifically asked a question about the TIMING of a dca buy, and should we consider changing the TIMING of the regular buy. Not sure why you went on a big rant about doing DCA, the pros and cons and all that.
It seems you misunderstood my points, no offense I was actually trying to explain your curiosity because you were a bit confused on when to use DCA, however from your question above you ask if it will be advisable setting your DCA after US market close, so perhaps you are actually getting the whole DCA narrative wrong because when you mentioned waiting for the US market to close before starting DCA, you are automatically deviating from DCA to forex trading because DCA has nothing to do with any US section but however it is only design for investors who are rich or poor to minimize there risk and also by having other back up planning incase there is any unforseen circumstances, so actually in as much as Bitcoin price is a determining factor but it doesn't affect DCA accumulation.

Greyhats

Activity: 167
Merit: 99

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 10:08:44 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Hi all,

Regards,
Greyhats
Actually DCA has nothing to do with those stuff you listed above because irrespective of how we feel is very good to buy when the price is dip shouldn't give us the mindset that DCA strategy is by only buying dip, so perhaps one of the reasons why DCA strategy is one of the best strategy is because it doesn't being influenced by any news or price increase of Bitcoin but however the only difference could only be that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated when the price was a bit lower and the amount accumulated when the price was a bit higher, let's take for example if you bought Bitcoin when the price was $40k with $100 Weekly DCA method you will realize that the amount of Bitcoin accumulated using your $100 weekly DCA will totally be different from the amount of Bitcoin you will accumulate using your $100 weekly when the price of Bitcoin will be $46k, so that's just the only difference but however the price of Bitcoin shouldn't influence our DCA strategy because DCA involves slowly accumulation and doesn't depend on Bitcoin price.

FFS did you actually read what I posted, i specifically asked a question about the TIMING of a dca buy, and should we consider changing the TIMING of the regular buy. Not sure why you went on a big rant about doing DCA, the pros and cons and all that.
It seems you misunderstood my points, no offense I was actually trying to explain your curiosity because you were a bit confused on when to use DCA, however from your question above you ask if it will be advisable setting your DCA after US market close, so perhaps you are actually getting the whole DCA narrative wrong because when you mentioned waiting for the US market to close before starting DCA, you are automatically deviating from DCA to forex trading because DCA has nothing to do with any US section but however it is only design for investors who are rich or poor to minimize there risk and also by having other back up planning incase there is any unforseen circumstances, so actually in as much as Bitcoin price is a determining factor but it doesn't affect DCA accumulation.

No thats still not correct, my post is about potentially changing when a regular DCA buy executes. In DCA you set a buy at certain frequency and timing of your choosing. The timing could be automatic like 3am every Tuesday. Im wondering has anyone done an analysis as to the most advantageous times to set your regular DCA buy. Recently now that ETF's are in play there seems to be pattern emerging that post market close the BTC spot prices seems to be lower than the open. I dont even know why you would liken this to forex trading, has absolutley nothing to do with it. How is setting a time and frequency a deviation from DCA method, it just isn't its acutally the definition of DCA method to set a regular buy amount, time and frequency.

Please help me undestand how changing the time of on definitive dca buy is somehow linked to forex trading, I just dont understand.

Moreno233

Activity: 308
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 10:20:23 PM
Merited by Agbe (3), Churchillvv (3), bitmover (1), Mr.suevie (1)

Have always thought of this idea and why will anyone want to withdraw their money from bitcoin investment cause it sounds strange and at the same time it's likely that the money used for their investment was met for something else, with this kind of strategy and mindset how will the investment stand for long. People usually make this mistake when investing. I believe they see bitcoin investment as gambling where you stake your money and it's either you win or lose cause why will anyone want to invest in bitcoin for short term when they fully know bitcoin investment is for long term.
There are several valid reasons why someone will withdrawal part of their investment (not all at one) from Bitcoin. I think before investing in Bitcoin, there should already be future plans in place and such plans should include when to withdraw some of your portfolio and the manner of withdrawal. This is because every wealth built, there should be a time to enjoy the wealth, at least small before passing it to the next generation. @JayJuanGee that have been with us in this thread with his valuable inputs and guidance have also understood the importance of withdrawing some of those assets, hence the reason for the creation of JJG Sustainable Bitcoin Withdrawal Strategy accessible through this website.

So selling part of your Bitcoin should not just be seen from the bad side, rather it should be seen as part of the process and the earlier one plans it all out the better. Personally I have adopted Bitcoin with the mindset that I will building during my active years so I will have something to fall back to when I'm retired. The good thing about the DCA method is that it enable me to enjoy my life as I should while still building and saving for the future without even knowing that I am saving.

Humblevirus

Activity: 232
Merit: 194

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 11:01:22 PM
Merited by Franctoshi (2), SmartCharpa (2), Bitco55 (2), JayJuanGee (1), DdmrDdmr (1), Mr.suevie (1)

Have always thought of this idea and why will anyone want to withdraw their money from bitcoin investment cause it sounds strange and at the same time it's likely that the money used for their investment was met for something else, with this kind of strategy and mindset how will the investment stand for long. People usually make this mistake when investing. I believe they see bitcoin investment as gambling where you stake your money and it's either you win or lose cause why will anyone want to invest in bitcoin for short term when they fully know bitcoin investment is for long term.

Many people dive into Bitcoin investment without really grasping how it works. Some end up selling their Bitcoin without holding onto it for long because they lack a proper understanding of Bitcoin investment. These individuals don't often have a plan to hold their Bitcoin for an extended period, thinking it's a quick way to make money.

When you lack understanding about Bitcoin investment, they wouldn't make good plans for their Bitcoin investment. This is why many newbies invest any amount they have with them, even if it's money they might need in the near future they don't always care. They like taking risks, and when they need the money, they go ahead and sell bitcoin and withdraw their money even at a loss when the price is down.

However, those who understand Bitcoin investment are more likely to have emergency savings, ensuring they don't need to sell their Bitcoin investments hastily. Having a good knowledge of Bitcoin helps in making informed decisions and holding onto investments for a longer period without succumbing to the temptation of quick gains or immediate financial needs.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 11:18:18 PM

but another issue could come from being in an investment for a long time, there can be senses of the cycles

What do you mean by senses of cycles, I'm not really clear on this. Or do you mean when a person has become so used to a pattern that it becomes hard to change or adapt to new strategies?

I usually consider that a person who has accumulated a lot of BTC might start to slow down a bit on his DCA and would more likely start to favor buying on the dip, but surely it is relative.  If  a person is trying to reach fuck you status (which is traditionally consider to be between 20-30 years of salary/expenses saved/invested), and he has ONLY saved up/invested less than 1 year of annual salary/expenses, he may still be fairly aggressively inclined towards DCA; however, if he is getting to a point of having 3-5 years of salary/expenses saved/invested, then he might start becoming more strategic, and if he is getting into the neighborhood of 8-10 years of salary/investment saved/invested, he might change his strategies even more.  Part of the reasons for the changes in the strategies is that any new contribution that he makes into his investment/savings is likely not adding as much value as is the price appreciation or depreciation of his investment.

Based on this I understand as a person continue to mature in his investment, he would continue to become more strategic around his allocations and strategies in bitcoin either to get more bitcoin(or reach a certain level of accumulation) or to make more profit from it. Like you've said before if a newbie is more concerned about profit on his first years of investing, it could either cause him not to hold much or even he might diviate from his DCA, since he has become more profit minded. But a more mature investor can be more profit minded cause he can now align his allocations and strategies in a way that would be to make more profit form his investment and the level they call fuck you status could also determine their approach to buying. So like we have agreed before our senerios and strategies might continue to change based on different factors and the one we know for now is individuals, I was also thinking don't you think things like market trend could affect how a more mature investor and newbie would approach the market and plan out their senerios, cause it would be hard for me to say that if all mature investors would consider a bearish market as worse case. An investor could also be in his 8-10 years range and still looking to get more bitcoin, so he might seem to be aggressive towards a bear market than a bull market an at this point he could have even reach his fuck you status as planned by him but just wishes to get more bitcoin.

Previously I had considered that ONLY getting to fuck you status would be the goal to bounce out of a DCA strategy, but part of the problem with that kind of analysis is that maybe a guy might have created an accumulation goal for himself of something like 10% or even 25%, but then if he ends up over investing during times in which the BTC price was relatively low, then he might feel over allocated, and if the BTC price goes up 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x or some other amounts, then he feels even more over allocated, and might become reluctant to invest more into BTC, even though he might still not be close to fuck you status.
This individual here shows a totally different characteristics from the once you have used from your other examples. In his case he feels satisfied with how his short term investment has been even tho he hasn't reached his desired level of accumulation in his portfolio. But if the bitcoin price corrects and maybe goes back to 2x, he might also begin his journey again or is it possible that to avoid cases like this we set a limit for ourselves to not allocate more than a certain amount in a month or weeks or at any intervals we chose.
Now this is major case of individual preference, another person might be fired up to invest more into bitcoin and even decide to increase his allocations from 25% to maybe 30% and decide to be a little more aggressive.

I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 11:23:23 PM

Many people dive into Bitcoin investment without really grasping how it works. Some end up selling their Bitcoin without holding onto it for long because they lack a proper understanding of Bitcoin investment. These individuals don't often have a plan to hold their Bitcoin for an extended period, thinking it's a quick way to make money.

When you lack understanding about Bitcoin investment, they wouldn't make good plans for their Bitcoin investment. This is why many newbies invest any amount they have with them, even if it's money they might need in the near future they don't always care. They like taking risks, and when they need the money, they go ahead and sell bitcoin and withdraw their money even at a loss when the price is down.

However, those who understand Bitcoin investment are more likely to have emergency savings, ensuring they don't need to sell their Bitcoin investments hastily. Having a good knowledge of Bitcoin helps in making informed decisions and holding onto investments for a longer period without succumbing to the temptation of quick gains or immediate financial needs.
depends on the strategies of the particular investor though. Imo before taking action in doing any investment always ensure to have a back up cash than to just go all in, you going all in. Have already given you the mindset that yah hope is on your investment and that can of investing are not normally for long time because you would be in eager in withdrawing  your investment.

That why DCA strategies is nice help you to buy different quantities of bitcoin mostly with cash you know you can actually leave for a long period of time. Then you don't have to bother thinking of withdrawing investment in an premature state. At that you be able to leave as an long-term investment. Not bad to withdraw some profit in your investment though but know that you are just withdrawing some quantity of it not

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 11:23:39 PM
Merited by bitmover (2)

[edited out]
No thats still not correct, my post is about potentially changing when a regular DCA buy executes. In DCA you set a buy at certain frequency and timing of your choosing. The timing could be automatic like 3am every Tuesday. Im wondering has anyone done an analysis as to the most advantageous times to set your regular DCA buy. Recently now that ETF's are in play there seems to be pattern emerging that post market close the BTC spot prices seems to be lower than the open. I dont even know why you would liken this to forex trading, has absolutley nothing to do with it. How is setting a time and frequency a deviation from DCA method, it just isn't its acutally the definition of DCA method to set a regular buy amount, time and frequency.

Please help me undestand how changing the time of on definitive dca buy is somehow linked to forex trading, I just dont understand.

You could also have a DCA practice in which you buy a certain amount of BTC every time that you receive money into your bank account or cash in your hand (such as 25% automatically goes to BTC buying).... so it could be irregular in terms of the amount that you end up buying because sometimes you might get paid $100 or $25 and other times you might get $2,500...

but the mere fact that you authorize yourself to DCA 25% from any of you incoming cashflow whenever it comes in, that does not mean that you have to make the purchase right away, you could try to time the dip whether that is weekly or monthly or whatever time frame that you set for yourself.  If you identified that Tuesdays at 3am were the best time to buy, then you might be onto something.

I do believe that sometimes patterns will emerge, but bitcoin is becoming more and more mature, at least in terms of the arbitragers, so there are likely folks who are identifying those kinds of discrepancies and trying to take advantage of them, which ends up causing the discrepancies to become less great.. even though likely identifying the pattern early gives you the greatest advantage, but it could end up devolving into NOT making much of a difference and not being very good use of your time... but hey, I am not going to completely poo poo the matter, because there can be really good feelings if you have $1k and you are able to to identify a few percentage difference, and then you end up getting an extra $30 of bitcoin for free.

I have told this story several times, but it may well be worth repeating even though it might seem like trading, but I consider it to be a kind of maintenance, since I had already reached my earlier maintenance stage in 2015, and in 2015, when I first started to employ my practice of selling on the way up and buying on the way down, I was using such small amounts of BTC just to practice that sometimes the profits were less than a dollar to sell and then to buy back, but they were still profits and accounted for fees and other expenses, and my friend would laugh and laugh and laugh at me to suggest that I was being so petty. 

I responded that I was merely building good habits and putting in place a system, which was the earlier stages of a kind of raking, like I describe here, and it made me feel good to be able to get $0.60 worth of bitcoin for free on my buy backs, and so as the BTC price went up, my authorization of the amount that I was authorized to sell from my stash went up, both in terms of how much BTC I was able to fold into the practice and in terms of the BTC price going up.

So, since the BTC price was around $250 at that time, now the BTC price is more than $25k, so only using the same amounts, the profits would have gone from $0.60 to $60 (100x higher)  but also if the amount of the authorization would have increased by several times too.. because when the BTC price was ONLY $250, I was ONLY authorized to use about 1/5 of the total size of my BTC holdings for the rakes that I was making (because that was the ONLY portion in profits), but if the amount of the authorized stash also went up 5x, then the $60 became 5x higher too, so the $0.60 turned into $300 worth of bitcoin for free for similar kinds of BTC price movements...so sometimes the building of good practices can end up adding up to greater amounts at stake, whether we are talking about raking ideas or buying on the dip.. .. and I am not even trying to talk about trading here.. even though it might seem like trades because I was not trying to guess the price, I was just putting systems in place in which I sold BTC in such low quantities with no expectation to buy back, but if the price did drop then I had systems in place to buy back and my amounts and my spreads were quite small in the beginning to test out the raking theory.. or to put the raking theory into practice.. so maybe raking with a buy back option (which I do not consider to be trading. but something that can be exercised after you have already built up your accumulation and perhaps even over accumulated within your definition of such).

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 23, 2024, 11:57:16 PM

depends on the strategies of the particular investor though. Imo before taking action in doing any investment always ensure to have a back up cash than to just go all in, you going all in. Have already given you the mindset that yah hope is on your investment and that can of investing are not normally for long time because you would be in eager in withdrawing  your investment.

That why DCA strategies is nice help you to buy different quantities of bitcoin mostly with cash you know you can actually leave for a long period of time. Then you don't have to bother thinking of withdrawing investment in an premature state. At that you be able to leave as an long-term investment. Not bad to withdraw some profit in your investment though but know that you are just withdrawing some quantity of it not

The back up plans you are refereeing to literally means emergency funds. Although i wouldn't prefer stacking emergency funds before thinking of starting an investment. To me it is better to do both simultaneously so as not to miss out on good opportunities to jump in the market. Imagine seeing Bitcoin so cheap that you can afford if you lump sum this week, do you rather prefer to keep your money fund this year and then use the next year money to buy when by then the price would have gone back up?

@Jayjuangee and everyone which do you prefer should be priority?

1. Building your emergency fund first before investing

2. Start investing immediately and leave emergency fund for later

3. Do both of them simultaneously

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 12:13:42 AM

[edited out]

You could also have a DCA practice in which you buy a certain amount of BTC every time that you receive money into your bank account or cash in your hand (such as 25% automatically goes to BTC buying).... so it could be irregular in terms of the amount that you end up buying because sometimes you might get paid $100 or $25 and other times you might get $2,500...

but the mere fact that you authorize yourself to DCA 25% from any of you incoming cashflow whenever it comes in, that does not mean that you have to make the purchase right away, you could try to time the dip whether that is weekly or monthly or whatever time frame that you set for yourself.  If you identified that Tuesdays at 3am were the best time to buy, then you might be onto something.

I do believe that sometimes patterns will emerge, but bitcoin is becoming more and more mature, at least in terms of the arbitragers, so there are likely folks who are identifying those kinds of discrepancies and trying to take advantage of them, which ends up causing the discrepancies to become less great.. even though likely identifying the pattern early gives you the greatest advantage, but it could end up devolving into NOT making much of a difference and not being very good use of your time... but hey, I am not going to completely poo poo the matter, because there can be really good feelings if you have $1k and you are able to to identify a few percentage difference, and then you end up getting an extra $30 of bitcoin for free.

I have told this story several times, but it may well be worth repeating even though it might seem like trading, but I consider it to be a kind of maintenance, since I had already reached my earlier maintenance stage in 2015, and in 2015, when I first started to employ my practice of selling on the way up and buying on the way down, I was using such small amounts of BTC just to practice that sometimes the profits were less than a dollar to sell and then to buy back, but they were still profits and accounted for fees and other expenses, and my friend would laugh and laugh and laugh at me to suggest that I was being so petty.  

I responded that I was merely building good habits and putting in place a system, which was the earlier stages of a kind of raking, like I describe here, and it made me feel good to be able to get $0.60 worth of bitcoin for free on my buy backs, and so as the BTC price went up, my authorization of the amount that I was authorized to sell from my stash went up, both in terms of how much BTC I was able to fold into the practice and in terms of the BTC price going up.

So, since the BTC price was around $250 at that time, now the BTC price is more than $25k, so only using the same amounts, the profits would have gone from $0.60 to $60 (100x higher)  but also if the amount of the authorization would have increased by several times too.. because when the BTC price was ONLY $250, I was ONLY authorized to use about 1/5 of the total size of my BTC holdings for the rakes that I was making (because that was the ONLY portion in profits), but if the amount of the authorized stash also went up 5x, then the $60 became 5x higher too, so the $0.60 turned into $300 worth of bitcoin for free for similar kinds of BTC price movements...so sometimes the building of good practices can end up adding up to greater amounts at stake, whether we are talking about raking ideas or buying on the dip.. .. and I am not even trying to talk about trading here.. even though it might seem like trades because I was not trying to guess the price, I was just putting systems in place in which I sold BTC in such low quantities with no expectation to buy back, but if the price did drop then I had systems in place to buy back and my amounts and my spreads were quite small in the beginning to test out the raking theory.. or to put the raking theory into practice.. so maybe raking with a buy back option (which I do not consider to be trading. but something that can be exercised after you have already built up your accumulation and perhaps even over accumulated within your definition of such).
I guess most time on Tuesday market do undergo some certain corrections.  So setting your regular DCA at that ain't bad.
Raking method or strategies is actually nice. That would really help in accumulating profit in short period of time with minimize risk compare to that of leverage trading. Yah I don't think I would classify that as trading but in order to exercise raking you need to have accumulate alot of BTC that when you be able to gain profitably well. The profits would varies but when the coin is rising you would also accumulate good profit too. And that would good if you planning to withdraw from your investment you could withdraw the profits you made from the raking theory.

teamsherry

Activity: 154
Merit: 43

Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 12:14:30 AM

The back up plans you are refereeing to literally means emergency funds. Although i wouldn't prefer stacking emergency funds before thinking of starting an investment. To me it is better to do both simultaneously so as not to miss out on good opportunities to jump in the market. Imagine seeing Bitcoin so cheap that you can afford if you lump sum this week, do you rather prefer to keep your money fund this year and then use the next year money to buy when by then the price would have gone back up?

IMO funding your emergency fund should come first. We should only invest once we have saved enough money for emergencies to cover future expenses for at least six months or a year. If you lose your job or the price of bitcoin goes down after you have invested, you won't have anything left with you. However, there might be adjustments to plans along the way. if you see any opportunity that you are certain will give you enough money if you invest in it, then it is worth taking the risk.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 157

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 12:36:16 AM

There is a way the money will grow and we begin to imagine what we could achieve with it, this is where the temptation of selling come from.
There is nothing greater than seeing bitcoin as a life time investment, and legacy of which wealth is passed down to our children, if you have this initiative, you will hardly want to sell all your bitcoin to buy some kind of achievement that you think is better than your bitcoin achievement, which I don't think that there will be any achievement which will be able to generate good profit compare to the profit that your bitcoin portfolio will generate for you over time.

Furthermore, I have seen a case of someone using the funds for DCA in buying something else. His emergency fund got exhausted and he needed more money for his needs. This is one of those things that can come up even when you think you have got everything planned out.
I will say he didn't have proper plan and that is why he ended up using his DCA money and also exhausted his emergency funds. This is why as you are growing your bitcoin investment, you need to also be growing your emergency funds to a certain level that no matter what the circumstance maybe, your emergency funds will be able to take care of it. Another thing that I learnt is that, it is good to also have reserve funds available and prepare for the worst case scenario playing out, when you are on your accumulation stage, so that whatever way you find the suituation, you can overcome it without selling your bitcoin investment. In such situation, you can stop DCAing and wiat till when you have overcome the financial crisis that you are facing.
Not everyone who is accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy has the same financial power to save a reserved fund after saving the fund that will take care of their financial needs. So I agree with Odohu that someone used his bitcoin DCA fund to buy something else because there will be a situation where you will find yourself handling a project and your emergency fund will not be enough to finish up the project, and there is nowhere you can get money in the short term. You will have no choice but to skip buying bitcoin for some weeks so that you will be able to finish up the project.

Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 12:57:09 AM

IMO funding your emergency fund should come first. We should only invest once we have saved enough money for emergencies to cover future expenses for at least six months or a year. If you lose your job or the price of bitcoin goes down after you have invested, you won't have anything left with you. However, there might be adjustments to plans along the way. if you see any opportunity that you are certain will give you enough money if you invest in it, then it is worth taking the risk.
While you may be right it's important to also know that the emergency funds and cash reserve can be built along the way , I think its better you start with a minimal amount like 10- 25$ for DCA then instead of been aggressive I would then advice you build up your emergency funds and start putting things in place, then when your emergency funds has been built to a certain level you would feel more secure about, you can now start using some other strategies that can put you in front of your game like lump sums and dip buys. And it's also good to know your numbers first before setting your DCA  plan so you don't put yourself on pressure. What I mean by this is getting to know your income and expenses calculated out, so you could either reduce your expense to DCA  and use the rest to build your emergency funds or what's left after your expenses. While one can never really know this numbers fully,  I think only you can do this part yourself. But start right away with DCA  you don't really have time to have everything in place before you begin your journey.

Obim34

Activity: 224
Merit: 200

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 01:19:51 AM

Going straight to answering your question, it will depends on your source of income and how it covers up your cost of living. For example, earning a momthly of $200 while your total cost of living amounts to $150 and $50 is left. The left over is not meant to be invested fully, can be divided by two or a $30 : $20 ratio. First part kept for emergency funds as the other used to DCA. This implies given your number 3 option the correctness, both can be done simultaneously.

If you then decide stacking up the reserve income after all cal. on the cost of living for the month, it looks a little inappropriate considering each point missed can aswell be more profitable than your earlier intentions. Most at times we don't even have to touch our emergency funds due to not facing any challenge at that moment, it is still necessary to keep on stacking the reserve income and still carrying out the DCAing simultaneously.

Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 196
Merit: 89

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 03:17:15 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Pi-network314159 (1)

There is a way the money will grow and we begin to imagine what we could achieve with it, this is where the temptation of selling come from.
There is nothing greater than seeing bitcoin as a life time investment, and legacy of which wealth is passed down to our children, if you have this initiative, you will hardly want to sell all your bitcoin to buy some kind of achievement that you think is better than your bitcoin achievement, which I don't think that there will be any achievement which will be able to generate good profit compare to the profit that your bitcoin portfolio will generate for you over time.

Furthermore, I have seen a case of someone using the funds for DCA in buying something else. His emergency fund got exhausted and he needed more money for his needs. This is one of those things that can come up even when you think you have got everything planned out.
I will say he didn't have proper plan and that is why he ended up using his DCA money and also exhausted his emergency funds. This is why as you are growing your bitcoin investment, you need to also be growing your emergency funds to a certain level that no matter what the circumstance maybe, your emergency funds will be able to take care of it. Another thing that I learnt is that, it is good to also have reserve funds available and prepare for the worst case scenario playing out, when you are on your accumulation stage, so that whatever way you find the suituation, you can overcome it without selling your bitcoin investment. In such situation, you can stop DCAing and wiat till when you have overcome the financial crisis that you are facing.
Not everyone who is accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy has the same financial power to save a reserved fund after saving the fund that will take care of their financial needs. So I agree with Odohu that someone used his bitcoin DCA fund to buy something else because there will be a situation where you will find yourself handling a project and your emergency fund will not be enough to finish up the project, and there is nowhere you can get money in the short term. You will have no choice but to skip buying bitcoin for some weeks so that you will be able to finish up the project.

Unless you don't have a steady income, if you have a steady income then why will you skip buying when you know you're DCA? and every investment is about planning as you can't just run into a project that will eat up your reserved funds and even make you to skip buying because you've already had a target of accumulating via DCA, and your reserved funds is for miscellaneous at the end of the day so that you will not tamper with your holdings.

What you need to understand is that DCA requires consistency before you can accumulate enough Bitcoin that's why you shouldn't enter into a project yet when DCA so that you won't be under pressure of not accumulating simply because you want to satisfy your project, but perhaps, that's the more reason why sharing ones income into three is important because one part of your income would be used to DCA, the other part for some expenses before your next income arrives and the third part is an urgent fund that in a case where you have exhausted the money for expenses before your next income you can possibly go to your urgent funds to sort out any other expenses that you needed pending when your income arrives but don't get involved in anything that you can't handle before your next income otherwise you might be forced to either tamper with your holdings or you may disregard buying at that material time.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Litzki1990

Activity: 1190
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 03:27:35 AM
Merited by cryptoWODL (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Some investors invest without having a good understanding of the market or investing. But if that investor can hold his investment for long term without understanding about investment then that investment will definitely give him profit. Investment retention is one of the biggest challenges and if a new investor can take this challenge well without knowing or understanding anything then he is definitely a successful investor. I think in holding the investment for a long time the investor can try to learn more about the investment during the time he gets and he can definitely learn something new. An investor invests but does not plan for how long he will hold his investment, but if he plans to do so later, he can sell his investment at the end of the specified period. Bitcoin Investing and Long Term Investing As far as I know there is not much to know about investing and holding, if an investor invests and holds for a long time then that is enough for him. But yes investing for long term means to hold it for a long period of time you cannot suddenly sell the investment without understanding anything unless, if you sell your investment in a short period of time then it is not a long term investment at all.

Yes, if an investor does not have enough knowledge about investments, he can take various wrong decisions in his investment. Before investing, an investor should invest with the idea that if he invests with the idea that he will not have any doubts about holding his investment for a long time or that he will not sell his investment unnecessarily. An investor should be patient and take that much risk before investing that he can hold his investment with confidence and he will at least not sell his investment due to market volatility. Investments are easy to hold for long periods of time for those who are less volatile and have more patience. The investor must accept that he has invested for profit but as his investment may have profit there may be loss. In this regard I remembered one of Newton's laws that everything has an equal and opposite reaction. That is, if there is a profit in investment, there must be a possibility of loss, and one who can accept this eternal truth must hold his investment for a long time.

Those who understand about investment and who have long term investment idea are definitely aware of investment. Investors now think about their investments simply. Now an investor does not take extra pressure to invest rather he finds it the easiest and safest method to invest with the remaining amount of money. Just like when saving money in a bank, money can be deposited in the bank as desired, in the case of Bitcoin investment, there is an opportunity to invest in this way in the DCA method. So a person who is aware of investing in Bitcoin will definitely invest in Bitcoin besides saving at least and I believe he will give more priority to investing in Bitcoin for long term plan than saving.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 03:48:02 AM
Merited by nara1892 (1)

but another issue could come from being in an investment for a long time, there can be senses of the cycles
What do you mean by senses of cycles, I'm not really clear on this. Or do you mean when a person has become so used to a pattern that it becomes hard to change or adapt to new strategies?

I was merely referring to bitcoin's historical 4 year cycle that could potentially cause folks to try to time the cycle, and maybe if they have already accumulated enough bitcoin, they might not end up damaging themselves by adjusting their behaviors in accordance what they believe to be the cycle - yet the cycle is not guaranteed, so if they play cycles badly, they could end up getting way off track from what their goals had been, which was to accumulate BTC and to get to fuck you status, but if you end up selling too many BTC too soon, then you might never end up making progress to accumulate enough BTC in order to really get to the kinds of levels of wealth that you would have otherwise been capable if you had merely just stayed on track and followed a more conservative strategy.  .. and yeah, it could be the case that the one who takes more risk ends up doing better, so I cannot tell you with any kind of confidence what is the best strategy for your particular circumstances and even if you might end up having some insight into ways to manage your bitcoin accumulation that might end up out performing a more strict and persistent DCA strategy.

I usually consider that a person who has accumulated a lot of BTC might start to slow down a bit on his DCA and would more likely start to favor buying on the dip, but surely it is relative.  If  a person is trying to reach fuck you status (which is traditionally consider to be between 20-30 years of salary/expenses saved/invested), and he has ONLY saved up/invested less than 1 year of annual salary/expenses, he may still be fairly aggressively inclined towards DCA; however, if he is getting to a point of having 3-5 years of salary/expenses saved/invested, then he might start becoming more strategic, and if he is getting into the neighborhood of 8-10 years of salary/investment saved/invested, he might change his strategies even more.  Part of the reasons for the changes in the strategies is that any new contribution that he makes into his investment/savings is likely not adding as much value as is the price appreciation or depreciation of his investment.
Based on this I understand as a person continue to mature in his investment, he would continue to become more strategic around his allocations and strategies in bitcoin either to get more bitcoin(or reach a certain level of accumulation) or to make more profit from it.

A person could also decide to DCA a smaller amount into bitcoin and to start to buy some other asset (I am not referring to shitcoins).  If you have 90% bitcoin and 10% cash and you don't have any other investments, you might start to feel overly lopsided, and you probably should...even though some people do play those kinds of ways too.. which I think has been too volatile, but it also depends on your lifestyle, your obligations, whether you have a family to support and maybe other kinds of considerations.

Like you've said before if a newbie is more concerned about profit on his first years of investing, it could either cause him not to hold much or even he might diviate from his DCA, since he has become more profit minded.

People get scared if they are new, and if you had never invested into anything and you invest $1k into bitcoin, and maybe after a year or two it ends up being $10k or $20k, you might start to get nervous and not know how to deal with that.. because it had happened so quickly. 

Think about 2015 BTC went from $250 to $19,666, which is about a 78x price appreciation in slightly more than 2 years to late 2017, and so something like that could have had created some problems for some people to know what to do, even if they might have ONLY had a few thousand invested, and yeah we do not necessarily need to be so extreme in order to make the point that difficulties can ensue, including the person who might have cashed out everything after a 10x price increase to around $2,500 and then thinking that he might buy back, but then also maybe spending some of the profits, but then when the BTC price went shooting u another 7.8x or so, then there might have been some second guessing and even buying back in and other dilemmas that could have had been caused by not timing matters well.

But a more mature investor can be more profit minded cause he can now align his allocations and strategies in a way that would be to make more profit form his investment and the level they call fuck you status could also determine their approach to buying. So like we have agreed before our senerios and strategies might continue to change based on different factors and the one we know for now is individuals, I was also thinking don't you think things like market trend could affect how a more mature investor and newbie would approach the market and plan out their senerios, cause it would be hard for me to say that if all mature investors would consider a bearish market as worse case.

I personally like to create plans in which the price comes to me, so I don't try to guess which way it is going to go, and so I don't really like the idea of selling any BTC unless there is a feeling that you don't need that BTC, and it takes a certain level of overaccumulation of BTC to be able to comfortably carry out something like that.

An investor could also be in his 8-10 years range and still looking to get more bitcoin, so he might seem to be aggressive towards a bear market than a bull market an at this point he could have even reach his fuck you status as planned by him but just wishes to get more bitcoin.

Well, in traditional investments, a person could spend 30 to 40 years investing and still not get close to getting to fuck you status, and whether he had put away 10% of his salary or maybe he ends up making a lot of mistakes and dipping into it or not really putting in 10% of his salary, so actually getting to entry level fuck you status is a pretty BIG accomplishment, and if you are starting out with zero investments, then maybe you could be able to shave down the time to get to entry-level fuck you status to 15-20 years instead of 30-40 years, but still you could have a dilemma in regards to whether you measuring the value of your assets correctly and accounting for likely increases in the cost of living and also debasement of the dollar and other fiat currencies.  So guys might feel that getting to entry level fuck you status is not enough, and they need some cushion, which is part of the reason that I believe that using the 200-week moving average is amongst the best of ways to valuate your bitcoin, and I think that guys could work with my sustainable withdrawal ideas once they get to that stage.. but surely there is a need to get there first or get close to that point and/or to make sure that there is desire to pull the fuck you lever, but at the same time.. if a guy is truly happy with working, then it could well be that he wants to continue to actively build his wealth, even though he is going to have a lot of empowerment to have the option to quit any time that he wants rather than being forced to continue to have to work.

Previously I had considered that ONLY getting to fuck you status would be the goal to bounce out of a DCA strategy, but part of the problem with that kind of analysis is that maybe a guy might have created an accumulation goal for himself of something like 10% or even 25%, but then if he ends up over investing during times in which the BTC price was relatively low, then he might feel over allocated, and if the BTC price goes up 2x, 3x, 5x, 10x or some other amounts, then he feels even more over allocated, and might become reluctant to invest more into BTC, even though he might still not be close to fuck you status.
This individual here shows a totally different characteristics from the once you have used from your other examples. In his case he feels satisfied with how his short term investment has been even tho he hasn't reached his desired level of accumulation in his portfolio. But if the bitcoin price corrects and maybe goes back to 2x,

Yeah, but it still might not be a good idea to play around too much.. maybe the solution is to just HODL and to invest in other things when he gets nervous about being overallocated.. even though maybe it would be better to just continue to DCA into bitcoin or maybe he can compromise and cut his DCA amount down so that he is still putting some into BTC, but at the same time either building up his cash or building up; some of his other investments (and not referring to shitcoins), and I am not saying the choices are easy, but they are much easier to make once you are in the situation rather than hypothesizing about the various possibilities prior to actually being in the situation.

he might also begin his journey again or is it possible that to avoid cases like this we set a limit for ourselves to not allocate more than a certain amount in a month or weeks or at any intervals we chose.

Sure, there could be various ways to deal with the matter, but it makes more sense once you get into that kind of situation to have some ideas of various ways to attempt to deal with the matter.

Some guys reallocate at various locations along the way, and I personally don't really like that approach, and I subscribe more to the idea of letting your winners ride, but that can still leave you in problematic places when an extra-ordinary correction ends up coming..and then maybe some additional funny feelings and second guessing about "I could have done x, y or z".  Some guys are not going to have those kinds of regrets and are just going to roll with the volatility, even though factually there is a kind of fact of the matter about benefits that could have happened by selling higher and buying back lower, even if it is just some of the portfolio.. like 10-20% rather than all of it.

Now this is major case of individual preference, another person might be fired up to invest more into bitcoin and even decide to increase his allocations from 25% to maybe 30% and decide to be a little more aggressive.

Yeah, but the lopsidedness of the allocation likely does not come from how much he invested, but from the fact that BTC ended up outperforming all of his other assets... let's go back to the $50k investment portfolio and the guy might have invested 5% or 10% into bitcoin, so his investment was merely $2,500 or $5k, but if he accomplished that in 2015, then in two years the regular portfolio might go from $50k to $70k (which would be very good to get 40% out of two years), but the BTC went from $5k to $300k, so then the BTC portion of the investment would end up being quite lopsided if the total investment portfolio is $370k then the BTC portion is 81%... so it did not even become 81% because the guy was overly aggressive, but in the $5k scenario, he was merely investing a modest amount of 10% into BTC and that 10% became 81%, and that is not very unusual in various bitcoin historical patterns, even though it is also not even close to guaranteed to repeat itself, but if something like that were to repeat itself, it is better to attempt to have some kind of a meaningful plan rather than having no plan, and we do not even have to agree upon the plan since there is plenty of discretion in regards to various ways to attempt to deal with the matter.. but not as easy to make the plan during the heat of going through the matter, but it is likely better to have a plan in advance and to attempt to somewhat follow through with your plan, even if you might tweak it a bit and maybe even make a few mistakes, but hopefully the mistakes are relatively minor mistakes rather than being the kind of mistakes that would completely take you out of the game.

[edited out]

Personally, I do not like ideas of "going all in" to investments...

To me, it sounds like gambling and or trading rather than investing.

Even though I get the idea that reserve funds can be saved up in order to have extra cash that goes beyond regular DCA buying to be able to inject into your BTC investment at various points along the way, especially at various dippening points.

Well?  What are you starting with?  Absolutely nothing?  Most people will have a couple of weeks or even a month's emergency fund, just as a kind of float, so maybe sometimes they will be pushed to the limits, and yeah maybe if they are sloppy then many times they end up running out completely with their float, so if you are not being responsible with your float, then you are not really in a position to invest into anything, and if you have a month's float, even at the worst time of the month, then you at least have a little bit of wiggle room to start to invest into bitcoin, and so maybe your first few months you are not really investing very much, so if your BTC investment gets to be the same size as one or two months of your expenses, then you better have your float and a bit of an emergency fund, otherwise you are going to end up having to sell some of your coins and/or you are engaging in gambling.

The more that your bitcoin investment gets to be greater than a month or two of the size of your monthly expenses, the more likely you need an emergency fund of at least the same amount, so the recommended amount is 3-6 months of expenses for your emergency fund, and surely the stronger your emergency fund, then the more aggressive that you can be with your BTC investing (DCA) without devolving into gambling, so yeah, nothing wrong with simultaneously building it, but it just seems reckless to cause your BTC to grow to be greater than the size of your emergency fund because then it is really serving as your emergency fund, which is a really poor practice an probably part of the reason that so many newbies are not able to hang onto their coins for even a whole cycle because they cannot even get passed the basics in terms of developing practices that are not gambling.. because they get too greedy in terms of wanting their money to work for them (by being invested into BTC) but their money is not going to be working for them if they end up having to cash out some or all of it based on preventative measures that were easily within their abilities to NOT get too greedy. 

[edited out]
I guess most time on Tuesday market do undergo some certain corrections.  So setting your regular DCA at that ain't bad.
Raking method or strategies is actually nice. That would really help in accumulating profit in short period of time with minimize risk compare to that of leverage trading. Yah I don't think I would classify that as trading but in order to exercise raking you need to have accumulate alot of BTC that when you be able to gain profitably well. The profits would varies but when the coin is rising you would also accumulate good profit too. And that would good if you planning to withdraw from your investment you could withdraw the profits you made from the raking theory.

If you are interested in the raking topic, you might want to look at my investment ideas thread and sustainable withdrawal thread and also look at risto's thread that I refer to in my investment ideas thread.

I got (and modified) several of my selling on the way up ideas from Rpietila's (Risto) (RIP) 2013 Thread entitled.:  (SSS) - A Sane and Simple bitcoin Savings plan

[edited out]

That is part of the reason that people diversify also, and they will have various kinds of funds so that they draw from the fund that is going to be most advantageous for them to draw from, which could supplement an emergency fund if it is very liquid, and so one of the temptations that people have with bitcoin is to cash out of it quickly because it is so liquid, and maybe some other funds might take them several days to get cash from them, and sometimes they need cash right away.. or let's say some unexpected expenses come up and they have to be paid within 15 days or within 30 days, and so there is a bit of flexibility, but maybe not enough for certain kinds of funds, so frequently emergency funds will be held in cash or maybe in some kind of an account that earns interest, but it might not earn enough interest in order to account for how fast the cash is losing value.

When you are talking about a project you are not necessarily talking about an emergency, but you could end up in a bad situation, if you had started a project, and so you have enough money for it and maybe you just slightly dip into your emergency fund because you think that you will be able to replenish your emergency funds within the next few weeks or no later than 30days - however, as you do all of those things and you think that you have it under control, then there ends up being cost overruns or something that involves work already done or maybe some accident happens with the project so it is going to cost around 20% to 30% more than expected, and there can be some kinds of expenses that are deferrable and a matter of preference, but there can be other kinds of expenses that need to get carried out right away otherwise it might end up costing even more if they are not completed.. for example a roof falls in or catches on fire. and then if you don't repair it right away you will end up getting water damage or other kinds of risks if you try to employ inadequate temporary measures.

Republikcoin.com
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1102

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
January 24, 2024, 03:53:39 AM

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what you say because if someone already has mature enough intentions and planning for long-term investment, of course the funding must also be mature enough. As you said, someone must have an emergency fund which must be prioritized as the main point before funds that will be used in their own investments for the long term. Because it is also very possible for an investor who invests in Bitcoin not to withdraw the funds that have been invested when market conditions become bad or when the price of Bitcoin itself experiences a correction like now.

So I think that's right, because that's what should be provided first before someone immediately takes investment steps with a simple plan, but not with sufficient consideration. I often liken it to a long journey with the preparation of two provisions that must be separated first before they are actually used in different places. So in this case the emergency fund is the main provision and investment funds are the second provision so that an investor can carry out his investment with enough discipline in something.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2024, 04:31:56 AM

Personally, I do not like ideas of "going all in" to investments...

To me, it sounds like gambling and or trading rather than investing.

Even though I get the idea that reserve funds can be saved up in order to have extra cash that goes beyond regular DCA buying to be able to inject into your BTC investment at various points along the way, especially at various dippening points.

You are right but investment is now the only way to be profitable for everyone, trading or gambling without experience is not very profitable, if one invests in Bitcoin now, it is almost certain that he will be in a profitable position within a few months.
Also as per your suggestion if one trades and gambles intelligently then more profit is possible, but most of the wise people can't do these things by following the right rules.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 [270] 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: