Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:54:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76194 times)
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 26, 2024, 11:50:28 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2024, 12:02:51 AM by Troytech
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

I don't think is nice encouraging someone to invest on Bitcoin using his 30% of salary to invest on Bitcoin because there is every possibility that the investor could ran into trouble if the reserve fund is not enough to sustain him till he receives his next salary, so perhaps in as much as is advisable to take advantage of the Bitcoin price right now but shouldn't get overwhelmed by investing aggressively because is better to invest with the money we can easily afford without being tampered than investing with all the money we have and within a short while you end up selling it do to the lact of money to take care of other needs, however is only those that have structured one of there portfolio for Lump suming  I could easily advise to take advantage of the market because they have already taken all the measures before now.

There is nothing really wrong with allocating 30% of your income or even buying aggressively as long as you do have a good back up incase things go wrong or you run out of cash, DCA  doesn't have any fixed percentage to allocate and the intervals at which you buy is not fixed either, one can decide to allocate 50% of his salary to  weekly DCA  depending on how large the portion of bitcoin he aims to buy and the time interval he has chosen to achieve his goal as long as this person is comfortable doing it( by comfortable I mean a situation where by his emergency funds are in Check, his reserves are well defined and his cashflow and expenses have also been resolved or a situation where his allocations are small compared to his expense and income). And I believe the allocation a person decides to give to his DCA would differ for so many reasons.

1. How many bitcoin he plans on buying
2. The time at which he plans on achieving them
3. The size of his salary or income
4. If he has an already built reserve or emergency funds in savings before he started buying.

Given this senerios, a person X who earns about 10,000 dollars weekly and a person Y who earns about 7,000 dollars weekly both decide to get bitcoin and want to use it as a means to save up for retirement and X would retire in 5 years time while Y would retire in 3 years time. X has been a careless spender before and has really poor savings prior to the time he made this decision and Y despite earning lesser has a good cashflow management habit and has well built reserves in savings. X decides to allocate only 20% of his earnings to buying bitcoin because he aims at getting about 3 bitcoin or more and Y decides to allocate 60% of his earnings to bitcoin because he aims at getting about 7 bitcoin or more .  

Considering this factors are we going to say that Y is more aggressive than X, to me I would say no because they are both working as hard as they should to hit their target with the time they have and other factors like lifestyle could also affect this cause X despite earning higher could not allocate much to bitcoin cause he enjoys spending more and that 20% is what he calls comfortable and same with y. So they won't be anything like over allocation with respect to how much of your income you decide to invest as long as you are ready for accepting responsibility for your investment decision and you know you are okay doing so without been affected by it.

If you wait until you have a comfortable emergency fund that will be enough for you to take care of things when the need arises, you won't be able to invest, to me, I don't think that there is any amount that we should have before investing, beside an investor should not think of being alright financially before making investment move, the only aspect one should consider is how much that is coming in daily, weekly and monthly after this check, the money should be divided into a segment, the one for emergency stuff, other needs and the investment itself, with this idea one can start from somewhere and never think of withdrawing his or her investment when fully involved.

While it might be true, I also think an investor should be ready if things go wrong, cause given a case where he starts to invest and something unexpected happens at an early stage of investment, he might find himself in a difficult situation if his emergency funds and reserves are not well feed, what I prefer to advice is not to wait for your emergency funds to be ready to get all the cashflow done, just start but with very little and comfortable DCA that won't affect you at all like 5% and a minimal interval , then focus a bit more on building your emergency funds and reserves before you get more into DCA, this way if anything happens at an early stage dipping your hands I to your investment won't be an option cause you already have more savings than investment and you are well prepared this way.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moreno233

Activity: 308
Merit: 180

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 01:16:40 AM

It depends on individuals, If someone invest 30% of his salary on bitcoin, I think no matter the emergency involved the remaining 70% will be enough for any situation that may arise
What if the person is underemployed? You started your statement well that it depends on individual and by that individual I want to believe you are referring to individual needs, his income and other factors such as his confidence in Bitcoin. We must acknowledge the peculiarity of wealth distribution, which have some people living in surplus and others barely able to feed. So their investment decision will be determined by their circumstances. The percentage should not be a factor here before some persons will draw conclusion that a particular percentage is what should be invested in Bitcoin. It depends entirely on the situation of the individual.

It is in the planning that the amount to be invested into be Bitcoin will be calculated. The planning is a critical stage because it covers the most important aspect of the investment process, enabling the investor to follow the best course of action.

Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2024, 02:22:33 AM
Last edit: January 27, 2024, 02:37:19 AM by Patrol69

I don't think is nice encouraging someone to invest on Bitcoin using his 30% of salary to invest on Bitcoin because there is every possibility that the investor could ran into trouble if the reserve fund is not enough to sustain him till he receives his next salary, so perhaps in as much as is advisable to take advantage of the Bitcoin price right now but shouldn't get overwhelmed by investing aggressively because is better to invest with the money we can easily afford without being tampered than investing with all the money we have and within a short while you end up selling it do to the lact of money to take care of other needs, however is only those that have structured one of there portfolio for Lump suming  I could easily advise to take advantage of the market because they have already taken all the measures before now.
There is no fixed percentage that is universal as regarding what to invest in Bitcoin. It is always to each his own; you are expected to work out what you will be comfortable to leave in Bitcoin, an amount that will not stop you from living your normal life. There are some people people whose 10% of their income is enough for their needs and they will still have surplus from it. Those are the people at the upper echelon of society that are making decent amount of money that are way above what they can possibly spend. This set of people can even afford to invest 50% of their income into Bitcoin.
How much an investor invests is entirely up to the investor.  The amount of money that the investor feels is right to invest, he will invest that amount of Bitcoin. Just because my financial situation is one and another investor's financial situation is different, my financial situation cannot be considered someone else's financial situation. If the investor invests in DCA method then regardless of the amount he invests he must invest consistently. If you invest consistently, even if you have to invest a relatively small amount of money, the investment amount will be strong enough at one time.  But as you said that if a person spends 10% of his income on his family, it is not the same for everyone. Someone may be living in the same society but his monthly income is less than others and he is getting more than 10%. The amount of money that is needed in the management of the family will be needed. Investment should not be left with any imperfection at all.  

The investor will consistently invest the amount of money that is left at the end of the month. Maybe the investor may think that what will happen if I invest this small amount of money regularly, those who think like this must make a long-term plan and calculate your investment. I hope that your idea about investment will change.

If I fall into this category of people, I will definitely put at least 50% of my income into Bitcoin because I don't know of any better asset class to invest in and save for retirement. My plan is to build a good portfolio that I will pass on to heirs, so saving my funds in Bitcoin is similar to the retirement savings and generational wealth preservation.
If you feel safe spending 10% of your income and investing the remaining 90%, you can invest 90% of your income. But no matter how you invest, be sure not to sell your investment after investing. The next generation will get Bitcoin if you can deliver Bitcoin to them properly. When a person thinks about his investments for the next generation, there is no doubt that his plans are long-term. Before your investment reaches the next generation, you should try to grow the investment. If you find that you are investing 50 percent of your income and after investing 50% you have to sell your investment when financial need arises then you can reduce your investment amount at that time. Because you don't need to invest so much money that you have to sell the investment later.  
Keep investing a fixed amount of income consistently so that you don't have to sell your investment later.

In another dimension, there are people whose income are so low that it will take over 50% to as high as 70% of their income to meet their basic needs. These class of people can invest as low as 10% of their income and they will not be breaking any rule. It is always ideal to properly calculate your cashflow to be able properly know what to put into Bitcoin to be able to have the much needed peace for long term investment.
Everyone's income is not equal, different people earn different amounts every month, depending on their job position. Everyone is living according to their needs considering the location. If everyone can live according to their needs then everyone will be satisfied with the investment based on their income. If my income is less then naturally I will have less amount of money to invest. We may never take such a decision to invest that our income is low and there is some money left for household expenses at the end of the month but we are borrowing money from others to invest. In one month we borrow money to invest a large amount but in the next month we have to repay that loan and if we pay the loan in the next month but that person will not be in a position to invest in that month. Therefore, based on the income, that amount of money should be invested regularly, there is no need to invest more amount by borrowing from others or in any other way, as much as you can afford.

If you wait until you have a comfortable emergency fund that will be enough for you to take care of things when the need arises, you won't be able to invest, to me, I don't think that there is any amount that we should have before investing, beside an investor should not think of being alright financially before making investment move, the only aspect one should consider is how much that is coming in daily, weekly and monthly after this check, the money should be divided into a segment, the one for emergency stuff, other needs and the investment itself, with this idea one can start from somewhere and never think of withdrawing his or her investment when fully involved.

While it might be true, I also think an investor should be ready if things go wrong, cause given a case where he starts to invest and something unexpected happens at an early stage of investment, he might find himself in a difficult situation if his emergency funds and reserves are not well feed, what I prefer to advice is not to wait for your emergency funds to be ready to get all the cashflow done, just start but with very little and comfortable DCA that won't affect you at all like 5% and a minimal interval , then focus a bit more on building your emergency funds and reserves before you get more into DCA, this way if anything happens at an early stage dipping your hands I to your investment won't be an option cause you already have more savings than investment and you are well prepared this way.
I agree with you that an investor with a very comfortable DCA should remain consistent. The investor should enjoy his investment and the investment should never be a pressure for that investor. As long as the investor enjoys the investment he can continue to invest well but since the investor feels investment pressure he will not have full focus on the investment. I think investing will be stressful for the investor when the investor tries to invest more money than he can afford. This should be given importance to the investor so that he does not take too much pressure but invests according to his comfort and if he enjoys his investment then he can implement his long term plan with his investment.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1041

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2024, 04:52:23 AM

I would think that 3 months of an emergency fund would be about the bare minimum to have if you are going to start to act boldly.. and even with ONLY 3 months of an emergency fund, you gotta be careful about ever dipping into such emergency fund except for strict emergencies.

If you have 6 months of an emergency fund and you know that you are never going to let your emergency fund dip below 3 months unless you are int he midst of a true emergency, then you can be a lot more bold because you might even float one of the months so that you are mostly between 4-6 months in your emergency fund.

I guess my point, is to be careful if you are starting to get a lot of BTC investment and if you are starting to use more adventurous times of investing, including getting  a 30% advance of your pay for 3 months or any of those kinds of things, even though it might work out, you seem to be playing with fire if you only have 3 months emergency and you also get a 3 month advance for 30% of your income... it may well end up working out, but it does not seem like a good balance especially if you might be in a position that you don't want to end up getting forced into selling any of your BTC at some inconvenient time, for example when it might be dipping extensively.
I think the 3-month emergency fund is enough as long as we can maintain our cash flow so that your expenses and other sudden needs can be covered from the main cash flow, but when things are out of control in a tight sense then use the emergency fund as long as it can save you.

If the emergency fund is sufficient for 6 months then it is enough for them to be free in targeting aggressive investment levels and even if the emergency fund drops but it is still at the minimum limit, when the cash flow has stabilized, it may be possible to refill it again slowly so that the emergency fund returns all to hold for 6 months.

With those who use challenging investments, I think it needs to be felt because it will adjust in the future how the balance is more sensible including 30% of their total salary, I can only do it when the emergency fund is safe, say 6 months in the bag, then the level of aggression towards BTC must be done if it is not appropriate, the percentage will be lowered, if I am still able to continue because this depends on managing expenses and the percentage determined, the cash flow will be easy to manage.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 05:45:58 AM
Merited by Litzki1990 (3), JayJuanGee (1)

It depends on individuals, If someone invest 30% of his salary on bitcoin, I think no matter the emergency involved the remaining 70% will be enough for any situation that may arise
What if the person is underemployed? You started your statement well that it depends on individual and by that individual I want to believe you are referring to individual needs, his income and other factors such as his confidence in Bitcoin. We must acknowledge the peculiarity of wealth distribution, which have some people living in surplus and others barely able to feed. So their investment decision will be determined by their circumstances. The percentage should not be a factor here before some persons will draw conclusion that a particular percentage is what should be invested in Bitcoin. It depends entirely on the situation of the individual.

It is in the planning that the amount to be invested into be Bitcoin will be calculated. The planning is a critical stage because it covers the most important aspect of the investment process, enabling the investor to follow the best course of action.

Maybe some investors think of investing in such a way that if they invest a fraction of the amount of money they have, the investment portion will be deducted from their total amount of money. Investing is a bit risky but investing is done with hope and expectation. I have investment means I have hope, seeing that I have investment I can expect to get something good in the future but the one who has no investment has no such hope. Like I worked at a place and I owe some money from there. I have hope that I will get money from that place but another person who has not done any work has no such expectation. Investing is not so hard to see, investing is very easy if you think about it. Before investing we look at the investment very hard and get worried about the investment due to which we cannot make proper decision about the investment. Investing should be seen as a normal activity. We need to be as safe in investing as we are in saving so we can invest properly.

I agree with you that an investor with a very comfortable DCA should remain consistent. The investor should enjoy his investment and the investment should never be a pressure for that investor. As long as the investor enjoys the investment he can continue to invest well but since the investor feels investment pressure he will not have full focus on the investment. I think investing will be stressful for the investor when the investor tries to invest more money than he can afford. This should be given importance to the investor so that he does not take too much pressure but invests according to his comfort and if he enjoys his investment then he can implement his long term plan with his investment.
Whatever work we do, if we enjoy it, we will be able to do it with great joy, no matter how difficult the task. If a cricketer is asked to become a doctor then he will not be able to become a doctor and if a surgeon is asked to become a cricketer then he will never be able to become a cricketer. If we were not interested in investing, we would not have invested or decided to invest. Since we have interest in investment, we have to enjoy this investment. To invest in such a way that it feels like investing is an art to us and we are a master of this art. Never take too much pressure, if necessary I will do less than I can, but still have interest in the investment.

DCA method has made our investment so easy that now we can invest any amount at any time. Since we have this simple strategy we only need to focus on retention and increase our investment amount with time opportunity only then we will gradually reach our target. The road to success is somewhat difficult but those who can cross that difficult road can achieve success. Just as we have to climb the ladder step by step but we can't climb from the bottom to the top, so investments have to be done consistently and regularly before we can reach the top of success.

I would think that 3 months of an emergency fund would be about the bare minimum to have if you are going to start to act boldly.. and even with ONLY 3 months of an emergency fund, you gotta be careful about ever dipping into such emergency fund except for strict emergencies.

If you have 6 months of an emergency fund and you know that you are never going to let your emergency fund dip below 3 months unless you are int he midst of a true emergency, then you can be a lot more bold because you might even float one of the months so that you are mostly between 4-6 months in your emergency fund.

I guess my point, is to be careful if you are starting to get a lot of BTC investment and if you are starting to use more adventurous times of investing, including getting  a 30% advance of your pay for 3 months or any of those kinds of things, even though it might work out, you seem to be playing with fire if you only have 3 months emergency and you also get a 3 month advance for 30% of your income... it may well end up working out, but it does not seem like a good balance especially if you might be in a position that you don't want to end up getting forced into selling any of your BTC at some inconvenient time, for example when it might be dipping extensively.
I think the 3-month emergency fund is enough as long as we can maintain our cash flow so that your expenses and other sudden needs can be covered from the main cash flow, but when things are out of control in a tight sense then use the emergency fund as long as it can save you.

If the emergency fund is sufficient for 6 months then it is enough for them to be free in targeting aggressive investment levels and even if the emergency fund drops but it is still at the minimum limit, when the cash flow has stabilized, it may be possible to refill it again slowly so that the emergency fund returns all to hold for 6 months.

With those who use challenging investments, I think it needs to be felt because it will adjust in the future how the balance is more sensible including 30% of their total salary, I can only do it when the emergency fund is safe, say 6 months in the bag, then the level of aggression towards BTC must be done if it is not appropriate, the percentage will be lowered, if I am still able to continue because this depends on managing expenses and the percentage determined, the cash flow will be easy to manage.
Emergency fund means to use that fund in times of need. We have three months of funds but we will continue to invest these three months if we invest regularly for three months then this fund will remain intact for the next three months. These funds will be spent when we fail to make regular investments and when we do not have money to make regular investments. When we don't have money with us but we are forced to invest money from that fund. I created a three month emergency fund and out of these three months I was able to invest regularly for two months and one month I could not manage the money for investment but one month's money needed to be withdrawn from my fund. If one month's money is taken from the fund, two months' money is left over and next month of course I can manage the money and try to add back to the fund the amount of money spent from the fund. After spending money from outside the fund, if we add one month's money to the fund again, the fund is enriched again. If we use the fund in this way then the fund will never run out of money and we have to use the fund in this way.
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 06:51:48 AM

Are we going to get rid of market manipulation someday? This is so frustrating... Bitcoin could be doing much better right now if it wasn't for this Grayscale bullshit. This company holds too many coins, and even worse is the possibility they might purchase large chunks of Bitcoin, once they crash the price to the dip.

Who might be buying the coins Grayscale are dropping on the market for sale? Another whales? I don't hope so... It should be an opportunity for small and new investors to reinforce their wallets with more BTCs and decrease the power and influence of whales inside Bitcoin market, at least a little.

I'm telling people to invest in Bitcoin, because this is a golden chance before the halving event, but after seeing what this Grayscale is doing, I'm not sure if I should keep encouraging people, or if we should wait the price to crash further in order to buy. I confess the influence range a single whale has inside the market worried me regards the future.
Things like this will happen with bitcoin prices because some people accumulate large amounts of bitcoin at a very low price. And when they dumped the bitcoin price, they always bought back more bitcoin. This has shown how important bitcoin is if someone is just thinking about how to reduce the price to have the opportunity to buy at a low price. If I were you, I would not be worried about what Grayscale did to the bitcoin price recently; it is not a new thing to bitcoin because we are seeing the volatile part now. You should use this opportunity as Grayscale is rebuying his bitcoin to buy bitcoin at a low price with the money kept for the dip before the bitcoin price starts its upward trend. Remember that whales have been manipulating the bitcoin price, but bitcoin always recovers to set an ATH of $69k. Don't allow this to ruin your bitcoin accumulation plan.

ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1226

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2024, 08:07:49 AM

I guess my point, is to be careful if you are starting to get a lot of BTC investment and if you are starting to use more adventurous times of investing, including getting  a 30% advance of your pay for 3 months or any of those kinds of things, even though it might work out, you seem to be playing with fire if you only have 3 months emergency and you also get a 3 month advance for 30% of your income... it may well end up working out, but it does not seem like a good balance especially if you might be in a position that you don't want to end up getting forced into selling any of your BTC at some inconvenient time, for example when it might be dipping extensively.

For that we need to be careful and if we think about using our emergency funds just to buy bitcoin we should assure for ourselves that we are ready for the consequences of the action we made and we have huge understanding about the market also how bitcoin move. Since if we risk all of that and think about its fine since we expect bitcoin will go up then we possible be fucked up with that and might everything we have might blow up.

That's why aside for long preparation and having a emergency fund set much really better if we are also aggressive learning a lot of information needed before investing on bitcoin so that we can save up ourselves to any negative possibilities and we would not easily get affected if there's fud scattering then here we are having a lot of bitcoin holdings since we provably lose with that if caught up by fuds spreaded by some people who want to destroy the patience of people trying to hold their coins for long time.

With those challenges its better if we could balance all important things needed to do so that we would not came to the point touching our emergency fund just to have money to invest on bitcoin again. We also know how to manage on our finances so our bitcoin investment will be smooth.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 10:49:48 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2024, 02:20:31 PM by Wind_FURY

How can you use that to start a debate. Obviously, and logically, if the person is under-employed then his/her problem is not if/when/how to buy Bitcoin, but where and how to find his/her next job. Plus such a person would develop mental insanity with Bitcoin's volatility if all of his/her rent and shopping money is held Bitcoin. That person will be forced to sell.

I believe another critical stage is buying the DIPs of the bear market. It was there during 2019 and again during 2022. Currently if you are under-employed, it's probably better for you to save what you can and wait for a other cycle. OR you could get lucky and a Black Swan happens.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Negotiation

Activity: 1036
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2024, 11:10:53 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Bd officer (1), Suzume (1), AirtelBuzz (1)

Well, One thing is that when the market was below $40 thousand, many people didn't want to buy it and were a bit slow to invest in Bitcoin, many stopped investing but when Bitcoin is going back to the previous position and going to cross $42 thousand. then again people are buying that bitcoin. There are trading issues and it is not possible to say how the market will go up based on any news and when it will go up very fast but we have to understand that if we can invest slowly and if we can increase the amount of investment gradually then it is for us later. Good can bring an opportunity. Investing for one to two weeks in bitcoin investment is nothing but a complete fool, because investing for one to two weeks can lead to loss and gain, but the chance of loss remains one and the chance of gain is greater. . But if there is some bad news in between, then the price may drop again, then those who will be interested for one to two weeks will suffer losses. Therefore, I think you should wait for a long time if you want to invest in Bitcoin.

Remember that November 2021 is the all-time high price, we are waiting coming November to repeat this(but targeted $170k).

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Patrol69

Activity: 546
Merit: 274

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2024, 01:16:17 PM

Well, One thing is that when the market was below $40 thousand, many people didn't want to buy it and were a bit slow to invest in Bitcoin, many stopped investing but when Bitcoin is going back to the previous position and going to cross $42 thousand. then again people are buying that bitcoin. There are trading issues and it is not possible to say how the market will go up based on any news and when it will go up very fast but we have to understand that if we can invest slowly and if we can increase the amount of investment gradually then it is for us later. Good can bring an opportunity. Investing for one to two weeks in bitcoin investment is nothing but a complete fool, because investing for one to two weeks can lead to loss and gain, but the chance of loss remains one and the chance of gain is greater. . But if there is some bad news in between, then the price may drop again, then those who will be interested for one to two weeks will suffer losses. Therefore, I think you should wait for a long time if you want to invest in Bitcoin.

Remember that November 2021 is the all-time high price, we are waiting coming November to repeat this(but targeted $170k).
Many investors still invested in Bitcoin when its price was below $40,000. Not everyone's thoughts are the same, so at this time, many people may not have thought about many things and invested, but those who have faith in the market must have invested even after the price of Bitcoin came below 40 thousand dollars. Some investors who didn't invest when Bitcoin was under $40K and invested when Bitcoin came back up to $41K or $420K may think that when the market was negative, they thought the market would just keep going down. But when the market started to be somewhat positive from the negative state, they again thought that since the market is becoming positive, from now on, the market will be more positive and the price of Bitcoin will increase. Those who invest thinking like this never actually invest with the intention of holding their investment for a long time, their objective is to invest and hold the investment for some time and sell the investment after a few days or at some profit. We can consider such behavior of investors in investment as trading. In trading it is like that those traders wait to buy coins and whenever they get a small opportunity they buy the coins and when the market is a bit positive and they make some money they sell again.

Those who invest for one week or two weeks are not really investing because investment is never short term. If an investor invests for a period of two weeks then he will understand the investment by investing in this short period of time. A week or two does not fall into investment. If a person buys bitcoins and after one to two weeks sells their bitcoins at some profit then we can consider that activity as trading. After investing we will not see a lot of change in that investment so there is nothing to get too excited immediately after investing. After investing one must be a patient person and have maximum patience. Whenever we can hold an investment for a long period of time, we will see a big change from that investment.  
After investing, if I read about the additional market and always see how many dollars I have profited or lost after investing, then it is never possible to hold the investment for a long time. If you want to keep the investment for a long time, first you have to stop seeing these excess profits and losses.

After investing in the market there will be bad news and good news and so on. There is a bad news coming in the market due to that bad news the market dumped a bit and the positive news came in the market due to which the price increased a little and due to the increase in the price I got some profit. We cannot sustain investment. Be it profit or loss our aim should be the same that we are holding the investment in long term plan and whatever the profit or loss we have to hold the investment for this long period. If retention is given utmost importance then temporary gains or losses will not adversely affect our investment retention.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Moreno233

Merit: 180

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 01:18:05 PM
Merited by Su-asa (2), JayJuanGee (1)

How can you that to start a debate. Obviously, and logically, if the person is under-employed then his/her problem is not if/when/how to buy Bitcoin, but where and how to find his/her next job. Plus such a person would develop mental insanity with Bitcoin's volatility if all of his/her rent and shopping money is held Bitcoin. That person will be forced to sell.
By under-employment I mean people whose salary is just enough for their basic needs and little savings but not enough to afford privileges like vacation, luxuries, even buying a house as they can only rent. Such people spend as much as 80% of their income on food, rent, school fees of children and normal healthcare but not serious surgeries. People at that stage easily resort to borrowing when they have serious emergencies which do not come always though. Unfortunately, majority of workers in my country fall into this category. Minimum wage in my country is about $30 with inflation at 29%, a country of 200 million people that have over 83 million people living below $2.5 per day. So my use of that word is a reflection of the realities on ground here.

Under this circumstances, the best an individual can do is inject max 10% of their income to Bitcoin while setting up emergency fund with the remaining 10% since 80% is already expected to be used for basic needs. These are just my estimations, there could be variations.    

I believe another critical stage is buying the DIPs of the bear market. It was there during 2019 and again during 2022. Currently if you are under-employed, it's probably better for you to save what you can and wait for a other cycle. OR you could get lucky and a Black Swan happens.
Under-employed can still do $10 per week and still be fine with his needs. That one is under-employed does not mean he has no way of saving a little, just that such a person cannot do certain things that money can do because of financial limitations but nothing beats humble beginning. As a matter of fact, they even need the investment more if they have to remedy their situation.

Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 574
Merit: 409

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 01:21:48 PM

Are we going to get rid of market manipulation someday? This is so frustrating... Bitcoin could be doing much better right now if it wasn't for this Grayscale bullshit. This company holds too many coins, and even worse is the possibility they might purchase large chunks of Bitcoin, once they crash the price to the dip.

Who might be buying the coins Grayscale are dropping on the market for sale? Another whales? I don't hope so... It should be an opportunity for small and new investors to reinforce their wallets with more BTCs and decrease the power and influence of whales inside Bitcoin market, at least a little.

I'm telling people to invest in Bitcoin, because this is a golden chance before the halving event, but after seeing what this Grayscale is doing, I'm not sure if I should keep encouraging people, or if we should wait the price to crash further in order to buy. I confess the influence range a single whale has inside the market worried me regards the future.
Things like this will happen with bitcoin prices because some people accumulate large amounts of bitcoin at a very low price. And when they dumped the bitcoin price, they always bought back more bitcoin. This has shown how important bitcoin is if someone is just thinking about how to reduce the price to have the opportunity to buy at a low price. If I were you, I would not be worried about what Grayscale did to the bitcoin price recently; it is not a new thing to bitcoin because we are seeing the volatile part now. You should use this opportunity as Grayscale is rebuying his bitcoin to buy bitcoin at a low price with the money kept for the dip before the bitcoin price starts its upward trend. Remember that whales have been manipulating the bitcoin price, but bitcoin always recovers to set an ATH of $69k. Don't allow this to ruin your bitcoin accumulation plan.

Yet an so curious to an extent on seing that some still believe the market is being manipulated, which means when we also buy or sell means we are manipulating the market, there needs to be an understanding that the more we keep buying and selling them the network will always keep being volatile and the way there's a change in both the demands and supplies will have an effect on the market price.

Another thing to have in consideration is the effect of this same buying and selling, when we hodl the coin without releasing them and this affects the market price, the  network itself will got to a stage or releasing more Bitcoin after halving to the market which will also make the balance between the supply and the demands rate for sufficient circulation until the entire coin is been mined and with this we keep seeing different market prices.
nil_krokodil

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 03:09:54 PM

Another thing to have in consideration is the effect of this same buying and selling, when we hodl the coin without releasing them and this affects the market price, the  network itself will got to a stage or releasing more Bitcoin after halving to the market which will also make the balance between the supply and the demands rate for sufficient circulation until the entire coin is been mined and with this we keep seeing different market prices.
Yes, we can also consider lost Bitcoin to be a big factor because experts are estimating at least 2.5 million of Bitcoin to be lost. It is difficult to predict any amount of lost Bitcoin but we have Satoshi's coins, we have so many stories from early Bitcoin people who have lost access to private key or are searching private keys in waste disposal areas like someone from England. He's searching his private key in a waste disposal factory.
Much Bitcoin is lost.

And it will only increase. Maybe not big amounts anymore but it can happen very fast to lose access to our coins.
Or when more people will have Bitcoin and send it, a small amount might be left at an address or forgotten, it can always happen.
Storing our private key safe is still very difficult because it happens frequently for people to lose it.

Lost Bitcoin will only increase and will reduce all circulating Bitcoin.
Ruttoshi

Merit: 267

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 03:39:35 PM

That's why aside for long preparation and having a emergency fund set much really better if we are also aggressive learning a lot of information needed before investing on bitcoin so that we can save up ourselves to any negative possibilities and we would not easily get affected if there's fud scattering then here we are having a lot of bitcoin holdings since we provably lose with that if caught up by fuds spreaded by some people who want to destroy the patience of people trying to hold their coins for long time.
This is why you must have the believe in bitcoin before investing. Also having a bitcoin target and staying focus on your consistent and persistent accumulation through DCA weekly or monthly is very important as a newbie and you need to turn deaf hears on whatever anyone is saying against your passion of holding bitcoin. There are so many news that one will hear and so many discouragement during your accumulation stage, but let that not distract you from reaching your goal. If you also see bitcoin as a lifetime investment, and will be passed down to your children, this will even be better because you will not get carried away with FUDS.

One thing that I love in bitcoin, is that the more you are hodli and accumulating, the more you will begin to understand that if bitcoin dips, it will definitely bounce back due to your experience in market. I could remember that @JJG said that during his early days of accumulation, people made fun of him that he is wasting his time and money that bitcoin will crash. He even said that when bitcoin price got high in the bull run, someone I don't know how close the person is to him, though, told him to sell all and take profit but he refused and the person called him a fool, but look at it now he has grown his bitcoin portfolio to the maintenance stage now, who knows if he has reached the fuck you status.

Don't listen to any news or anybody when you are investing in bitcoin because a lot of people will discourage you from the media, friends and family but just stay focus and when you have grown your investment to your bitcoin target, you will see them as that fool that you were seeing you as in the beginning. It is your choice to decide if you will listen to fud or not.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2024, 06:05:59 PM

Grayscale bought 635,236 BTC by September 14th 2022 at a price of $20,185, a classical case of Buy the DIP but in the words of @Wind_FURY, they were holding and not HODLing. Hence they started selling July last year when the price rose to $29,233, which is 45% profit, actually a nice profit for an investment that is less than a year. They continued the sell, even till this week and no one know their plans or target.

It might actually appear that they are booking nice profits from what we see so far but how well they can manage it is what will determine the end. The question is, will they be able to replenish their holding? Or they exceeded their BTC quantity objected and are selling part of the surplus to HODL the balance further? When will they stop selling and what is their plans for selling? Is their plans to sell and drop the price to buy again? These are questions that are not easy to answer as only time will allow us to know.

One thing that is certain is the fact that it takes a whale to move the market, a small investor cannot possibly go this route without being burnt unless perhaps he is well versed at technical analysis even when there is no guarantees that it will work out. Based on this, it is safer to HODL than to hold. The former seems to be long term target while later seems to be short term target which I supposed is what Grayscale is doing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
January 27, 2024, 08:42:31 PM

Logically, if you want big profits then hold onto your Bitcoin. Yes, previously we discussed Grayscale and I don't care whether they want to sell BTC or hold it, but we have our own principles to continue accumulating Bitcoin. Let them sell or buy and that's their right because it's better that they sell everything so that other people have the opportunity to buy BTC at a cheap price. So far this thread has been mixed up with ridiculous things about them and that's no reason to think about what they will do.

Bitcoin is already standing quite strong and any big dump is not able to make Bitcoin go to Zero. So if you have a logical conclusion to accumulate btc in your portfolio then do it and just follow what you have planned. Many people are waiting for low prices so don't sell your BTC to them, hold on for a long time so you will see great success in the Bitcoin investment you have made.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 12:41:40 AM
Last edit: January 28, 2024, 01:09:40 AM by Troytech

If they are underemployed or don't have enough to feed, I think investing in bitcoin would be too risky to them, We all know how the Market behaves, its up today and down tomorrow, we don't really know what to expect from it. And our goal here is to accumulate as much as we can so when the profits come, we would be on the better side. And I also believe that while some might buy bitcoin thinking they are investing, they might actually be gambling, in a situation where someone has bearly enough to feed or is underemployed, how does he plan keeping up with his investment, and I don't think he can save up for emergency cause in reality he situation is already an emergency, I think if there is someone like this, his first priority should be to find an extra job and get his finance in order before investing in bitcoin. If not he is gambling and not investing and the odds of him been a long term holder is super slim.

I understand you mean cashflow management, but someone who doesn't even have cash cannot plan shit, does he plan on borrowing to invest, like I said his first plan if investing in bitcoin is something he really needs to do is to get another job or raise his income, I think you must first survive before you can build. Simple logic 👌

How can you that to start a debate. Obviously, and logically, if the person is under-employed then his/her problem is not if/when/how to buy Bitcoin, but where and how to find his/her next job. Plus such a person would develop mental insanity with Bitcoin's volatility if all of his/her rent and shopping money is held Bitcoin. That person will be forced to sell.
By under-employment I mean people whose salary is just enough for their basic needs and little savings but not enough to afford privileges like vacation, luxuries, even buying a house as they can only rent. Such people spend as much as 80% of their income on food, rent, school fees of children and normal healthcare but not serious surgeries. People at that stage easily resort to borrowing when they have serious emergencies which do not come always though. Unfortunately, majority of workers in my country fall into this category. Minimum wage in my country is about $30 with inflation at 29%, a country of 200 million people that have over 83 million people living below $2.5 per day. So my use of that word is a reflection of the realities on ground here.

Under this circumstances, the best an individual can do is inject max 10% of their income to Bitcoin while setting up emergency fund with the remaining 10% since 80% is already expected to be used for basic needs. These are just my estimations, there could be variations.    

Well I don't see any reason why someone who has no money to spare should think of investing, shouldn't he get an extra job or something, I get things are though but some though and unprepared decisions would put you in even thougher situations. Anyone can invest as long as they have good cashflow management and a source of income, but in this case where the income is really small, I think its better he start by building up funds by savings, maybe 3 months to six months of emergency funds before he thinks of allocating any amount to DCA, and if he really want to build a substantial amount of BTC holdings then he must increase his income, cause that income can only carry him that far.

Under-employed can still do $10 per week and still be fine with his needs. That one is under-employed does not mean he has no way of saving a little, just that such a person cannot do certain things that money can do because of financial limitations but nothing beats humble beginning. As a matter of fact, they even need the investment more if they have to remedy their situation.

Allocating 10$ isn't bad, but from your previous figure I think 10% of that should be 3$ and thus would be really small of he plans on building his emergency funds too. Not all humble beginnings are really wise, I don't think investing is the best advice for low earners, especially when they don't have any back up funds.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 02:13:18 AM

You are not wrong to suggest that 3 months might be a sufficient size for an emergency fund for someone with a relatively strong cashflow (income), yet I have been doing these kinds of things for years and years, and I probably have had relatively strong cashflows since the late 90s.. yet prior to that, I had periods of more inconsistencies in my cashflows.. nonetheless, even with strong cashflows, things can come up, especially the more complicated that we might start to get into pushing aggressiveness in our investments (including BTC), and so the more aggressive and purposeful that we are, the more that we likely need to plan the various ways in which we might end up having to dip into our reserves, our emergency fund and our float might get depleted, so then there would be priorities regarding which ones to dip into first, so the longer that we are investing, the more likely that we have more and more sources of value that we can dip into,

and when we have more places that we can dip into, then some of those various sources can end up serving as emergency funds, so then a question might come about which one is most liquid in the event that some kind of an event happens in which we need cash that is paid in a certain kind of way (most likely dollars or fiat, and even if we might have the debt payable in bitcoin, it is still likely denominated in terms of how many dollars it is worth to settle the matter.. such as our roof caving in or our getting run over by a bus, or some family member suffering a sudden illness or accident or the crashing of the personal car that is used to earn income and to keep our job.. or whatever).  We cannot always realize how quickly that liquidity could end up drying up.. and if we had wanted to make sure that our money was working for us rather than being under our mattress, we might have to think about how fast we can withdraw from accounts 1, 2 and 3 in order to satisfy our debt, whether it is due right away or if some of the bills are coming in over the next 30, 60 and 90 days.   

And, some folks mentioned parents, and sure it could be true that family members could be part of our emergency fund, but some of those funds could dry up too.. so that is one of the difficult balances with emergency funds that likely are not really needed to the full extent, but when they actually are needed, they could end up saving us from financial ruin... because who would want to spend 3-4 years or more investing in bitcoin, and then end up having to start over.

Even if we go by your forum registration date $crypto$, you have close to as much time registered on the forum as me, so it is quite possible that you have had some decent abilities to both build your bitcoin holdings, but also to even get your holdings to be in decent profits, even if you might have had made several mistakes along the way, but would you want to end up having to cash out of large percentages of your BTC holdings merely because you failed refused to make sure that you have 6 months of various kinds of funds rather than settling upon 3 month bare minimum kinds of standards.   

By the way, I realize that if you might have several years worth of income invested into BTC or that your BTC holdings has appreciated to several years of income, then you likely could be in a better position to ONLY hold a 3 months emergency fund because the other 3 months could come from your BTC holdings and even if the BTC price dropped below $30k during such emergency, your holdings are in sufficient profits... but let's say for example, your emergency had occurred in late 2022 and BTC prices were bouncing between $15,479 and $17,500 for a couple of months, so even if you had a few years worth of income saved up in bitcoin it could be quite damaging to your BTC holdings to have had been forced to sell 3 months or so of the value of your BTC holdings during that time, and it could well end up being the case that you might never be able to get those BTC back for anything close to the price that you ended up selling them.

[edited out]
Emergency fund means to use that fund in times of need. We have three months of funds but we will continue to invest these three months if we invest regularly for three months then this fund will remain intact for the next three months. These funds will be spent when we fail to make regular investments and when we do not have money to make regular investments. When we don't have money with us but we are forced to invest money from that fund. I created a three month emergency fund and out of these three months I was able to invest regularly for two months and one month I could not manage the money for investment but one month's money needed to be withdrawn from my fund. If one month's money is taken from the fund, two months' money is left over and next month of course I can manage the money and try to add back to the fund the amount of money spent from the fund. After spending money from outside the fund, if we add one month's money to the fund again, the fund is enriched again. If we use the fund in this way then the fund will never run out of money and we have to use the fund in this way.

Your own situation shows part of the problem of having non-emergencies in which you are drawing from your emergency fund, so you are using your emergency fund as a float and/or as a reserve.

Another problem is that a guy who might have monthly expenses that are $1k and income that is $800 to $1,800 with most months having $1,200 of income, it could take him 5 months to replenish the $1k that used from his emergency fund.. because look, a 3 month emergency fund should be able to cover 3 months of expenses, which in this case is $3k.  the reason that it may well end up taking 5 months to replenish an emergency fund is that because in the scenario that I point out, many times we only have a fraction of our monthly expenses that we could set aside, so just to get up to a 3 month emergency fund it could take us a year, depending on our cash and your expenses situation and maybe we can increase our income and decrease our expenses so that we can build up (or replenish) our emergency fund faster.   

So another thing is having the $3k emergency fund, but also to have float and reserves, so most likely you are never dipping into your emergency fund absent some real emergency and you are likely going to avoid emergencies because you have float and reserves....

Maybe another point is that many of us might think that we are doing so much better than normal people who ONLY have floats of 2-4 weeks, so they hardly even maintain an emergency fund, and they might not even have any investments; however, we want to improve our condition, we likely need to make sure that we do not engage in risky behaviors that is going to put us exactly back in the place that most normal people operate - that is without investments and without any kind of meaningful emergency funds, float and/or reserves.

Of course new ATH is not guaranteed, but surely seems quite possible and probable and something that we could invest into bitcoin because we consider bitcoin to be an asymmetric bet to the upside.

Another thing is that $170k by November seems to be pushing it, and that would ONLY be a 3 year cycle from the previous ATH. 

Sure $170k is possible for his year and also $500k or more is possible for 2025, yet none of these are guaranteed, but any of us who are buying bitcoin now should try to figure out if we are doing enough in our current BTC buying efforts, and also to have some plans regarding how we might deal with a variety of possible scenarios which include at least the following in the next 1-2 years

1) that BTC prices do not go up from here  ($49,048 is our high for the next two years).

2) BTC prices go up but do not breach $69k

3) BTC prices go up to somewhere between $69k and $120k

4) BTC prices go up to somewhere between $120k and $200k 

5) BTC prices go up to somewhere between $200k and $500k

6) BTC prices go up to somewhere between $500k and $1.2 million

7) BTC prices go up to somewhere higher than 1.2 million

Any of those scenarios are possible, yet they have varying levels of probability (in which each of us is going to assign differing probabilities), and any of us should be able to keep in mind the various possible scenarios and to assign probabilities to them. 

I have not yet made any new assignments of probabilities for this cycle, even though I had done so in the past... for both upside and downside scenarios and in regards to both price ranges and also timelines, and even if low probability scenarios end up playing out (in accordance with our own projection of probabilities), there is no reason that we should not have some level of preparation for BTC prices to go in either direction.

This is why you must have the believe in bitcoin before investing. Also having a bitcoin target and staying focus on your consistent and persistent accumulation through DCA weekly or monthly is very important as a newbie and you need to turn deaf hears on whatever anyone is saying against your passion of holding bitcoin. There are so many news that one will hear and so many discouragement during your accumulation stage, but let that not distract you from reaching your goal. If you also see bitcoin as a lifetime investment, and will be passed down to your children, this will even be better because you will not get carried away with FUDS.

One thing that I love in bitcoin, is that the more you are hodli and accumulating, the more you will begin to understand that if bitcoin dips, it will definitely bounce back due to your experience in market. I could remember that @JJG said that during his early days of accumulation, people made fun of him that he is wasting his time and money that bitcoin will crash. He even said that when bitcoin price got high in the bull run, someone I don't know how close the person is to him, though, told him to sell all and take profit but he refused and the person called him a fool, but look at it now he has grown his bitcoin portfolio to the maintenance stage now, who knows if he has reached the fuck you status.

Don't listen to any news or anybody when you are investing in bitcoin because a lot of people will discourage you from the media, friends and family but just stay focus and when you have grown your investment to your bitcoin target, you will see them as that fool that you were seeing you as in the beginning. It is your choice to decide if you will listen to fud or not.

It can be a bit frustrating to have relatively smart people to be advising about how to manage the bitcoin investment situation, and even to be engaged in such advice in a fairly forceful way because they looked into the matter.  I specifically recall several conversations with a person who I had employed as a kind of consultant, and I was consulting the person in some related ways but not specifically financial, even though the person found out about my finances, so several times, I had to tell such consultant that they are trying to advise me about an area in which they do not seem to have enough information and have not studied even close to as much time as I had studied it. 

I acknowledged that I might not be correct about my approach or even the price direction that BTC is ultimately going to end up taking, but I also asserted that I had invested with money that I do not need for the next many years (and maybe I will never need the money because it was extra discretionary money that I had used), but the person insisted and continued to study bitcoin, but mostly would come back to me with various mainstream talking points rather than really understanding what bitcoin is/was.. and even when I said that I was wasting my time engaging with the person and I would try to explain, the person continued to remind me on a periodic basis.. especially during 2015 when my portfolio was at its worst.. the most in the negative that it ever had been.

I did not really hear from the person in 2017 when BTC prices shot up and largely went 78x higher than the 2015 prices, and even when BTC "crashed" in 2018, the prices were still mostly 16x higher (or more than that) than they had been in 2015, so it is kind of crazy how matters end up playing out.

By the way, I am not suggesting to completely ignore other people because sometimes it is good to engage with other people and to get varying perspectives about the world or about our investment choices, but at the same time, we likely have to figure out our own ways to balance our level of exposure (to bitcoin or to any other investment) to consider if we are not using funds that we actually need in the short-to-medium term and also realizing that there could be scenarios in which we end up losing most if not all of our investment, even though we should also be accounting for those kinds of negative scenarios too. 

And, so I am not even claiming that in 2015 I knew which way BTC prices were going to go, even though I tried to prepare for a variety of scenarios, and so I had even considered that it could well end up being that bitcoin would have a around a $3k to $5k top in the next cycle, but I did not really know how long it would take to get there or even if it would actually get there, so when the BTC price ended up shooting through $3k to $5k in 2017 and going up to $19,666, I did continue to sell small amounts of BTC on the way up, but I did not sell large portions, and I have no regret about that even though surely there could be ways to make more money when there ends up being more than a 80% price correction.. but we do not necessarily know that more than 80% price correction is going to end up happening or when or if it might keep correcting even beyond more than 80%.

[edited out]
Grayscale bought 635,236 BTC by September 14th 2022 at a price of $20,185, a classical case of Buy the DIP but in the words of @Wind_FURY, they were holding and not HODLing. Hence they started selling July last year when the price rose to $29,233, which is 45% profit, actually a nice profit for an investment that is less than a year. They continued the sell, even till this week and no one know their plans or target.

That is not true.

Grayscale has clients, so their BTC holdings need to reflect their client's holdings.  Sure Grayscale does own some of its own shares, but it is not even close to the the number that you are giving..  so Grayscale only has discretion in regards to it's own shares, not the shares that are held by their clients.

It might actually appear that they are booking nice profits from what we see so far but how well they can manage it is what will determine the end. The question is, will they be able to replenish their holding?

They do not need to replenish their holdings.  Their BTC needs to reflect the hodings of their clients... so yeah they are losing clients, but they are still making fees on whatever clients remain.

Or they exceeded their BTC quantity objected and are selling part of the surplus to HODL the balance further? When will they stop selling and what is their plans for selling?

Doesn't likely matter as much as you seem to be making it out to matter.  There are various ETF's that are going to need to buy bitcoin, and even if there are periods in which GBTC sales are higher than the other ETFs, so net outflow rather than net inflow, it seems to be that mostly the ETFs are both creating net inflows and also that there is going to be ongoing continuously more demand for bitcoin in the coming months and years because the ETFs open bitcoin to a lot more possible clients who would otherwise not buy BTC directly.

Is their plans to sell and drop the price to buy again? These are questions that are not easy to answer as only time will allow us to know.

Again, does not matter that much  in the whole scheme of things, even though you are repeating yourself, so you seem to believe that it matters.  Maybe you need to step away for a while rather than getting worked up about stuff that does not matter very much in the whole scheme of things.

One thing that is certain is the fact that it takes a whale to move the market, a small investor cannot possibly go this route without being burnt unless perhaps he is well versed at technical analysis even when there is no guarantees that it will work out.

Markets are also moved down by more selling than buying and they are moved up by more buying than selling, and some of those kinds of movements do not come from whales.  In other words, there are all kinds of places in which bitcoins are sourced, and there are ONLY 21 million coins, and some folks are not selling at these prices, so the various new entrants into bitcoin are going to want to get their coins from somewhere, and good luck with that.  Good thing that there is a lot of FUD out there keeping normies from buying BTC and even contributing to some of the normies to sell  some of the coins they have with expectations to possibly buy back lower, which they may or may not have any luck in being able to accomplish. Hopefully you are not selling and expecting to buy back lower? or overly holding off buying because you believe that BTC price may well be going lower?  Yeah, they might go lower and they might not...

Based on this, it is safer to HODL than to hold. The former seems to be long term target while later seems to be short term target which I supposed is what Grayscale is doing.

Hopefully you figure out for yourself what to do.   Grayscale is operating a business so they might sell some of their own shares and they might not.  I am not sure if the reports are clear about that, but if clients sell their shares, Grayscale has no choice but to sell the same amount of BTC that back those shares.   And those clients might get into BTC in some other avenue (such as a ETF or even buy directly)  or they might not.  But it also could take several days between the selling on grayscale and the buying in some other ETF... that seems to be part of the dynamics of "in cash" redemptions rather than "in kind" redemptions.. not that any of that should matter very much either in terms of any of us who are accumulating bitcoin and potentially having more opportunities to stack more sats to the extent that we are not scared away based on these kinds of likely temporary dynamics.

By the way, we have not even bounced out of the don't wake me up zone which is $35k to $55k, and so I am not sure why anyone would be caught off guard by a wee bit of BTC price correction of a mere 21.5% downity , especially after we had experienced a 81% UPpity since mid October. 

In the scheme of things we are likely in quite positive places even if you are hearing about various nonsense doom and gloom talking points.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 196
Merit: 89

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 03:10:58 AM

Personally, I do not like ideas of "going all in" to investments...

To me, it sounds like gambling and or trading rather than investing.

Even though I get the idea that reserve funds can be saved up in order to have extra cash that goes beyond regular DCA buying to be able to inject into your BTC investment at various points along the way, especially at various dippening points.

You are right but investment is now the only way to be profitable for everyone, trading or gambling without experience is not very profitable, if one invests in Bitcoin now, it is almost certain that he will be in a profitable position within a few months.
Also as per your suggestion if one trades and gambles intelligently then more profit is possible, but most of the wise people can't do these things by following the right rules.

Investment requires the right ethics and principles before you can be profitable in it and  I don't really understand what you mean by "wise people can't do things by following the right rules" but however, investment is all about risk so you must have it at the back of your mind that there are possibilities of losing despite the fact that you are seeking to make profits so that in a situation whereby the market doesn't work out the way you planned then you can be able to manage yourself without going through emotions because as an investor you don't actually need emotions because though your chances of making profits why investing on some assets like Bitcoin is high but as well there are unforeseen circumstances that surrounds the scope of the market such that it may not actually work the way you thought it would be all the time so it will help you to restrategize in a case where you run into losses.

Your investments can yield you profits no doubt but that doesn't implies that profit would be guaranteed all the time because sometimes you need to risk some assets in other to stand the pressure of the market because there are times when the competition would be so high so at that time what is needed is more valuable assets so in other to acquire such valuable assets would require to sell off some of your assets and purchase the one that is more valuable that why it is good to invest on volatile assets like Bitcoin because you are aware that it wouldn't get devalued so easily and as more people are becoming interested and acquiring it that's how the worth increases and values increases as well so in such situations profits can be guaranteed

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 28, 2024, 03:12:24 AM

Before doing any work we must have enough faith in that work. If we don't have faith in work then we can never do that work self-sufficiently. If we invest in Bitcoin but do not trust Bitcoin or trust Bitcoin then our investment will not be self sufficient at all. It is more important to believe in the investment first before investing. First trust then plan which method or strategy to invest. If one can invest according to that plan by planning with faith, then that investment is definitely good for an investor. Before doing any new work, if someone says something negative about that work, then that remains in our brain and no matter how many positive things we hear about that work later, the negative things we heard first will remain in our head. You don't need to care about what others say when you are starting out. You have learned enough and you have decided to invest in Bitcoin because you have learned to understand, so stick to your decision without listening to what others say. If there is faith in oneself and if there is confidence in one's decision then no external obstacle can stop an investor so one should always try to give importance to one's decision.

There is a class of people in the society who will criticize your work at first but when you succeed in that work, those who criticized will appreciate your work. What people of this class of society said should not be given any importance. This class of people should not be given importance because their job is to criticize the work of others and if someone ever starts a good work to make bad comments about it. If you think your decision is right then you don't need to listen to other people's words or comments. If the Bitcoin market goes down, it will go up again, maybe it will take some time, but we will wait for that time. What's the point of investing if you can't wait?  
We have to invest with enough faith in the investment and if the market comes down then wait and if we wait for a long time then hope that the Bitcoin market will not disappoint an investor at all.

I have invested in Bitcoin and if I tell my friends, family or relatives about this investment and if I don't get any help from them then why would I tell them these things. If I share these things with them, it may harm me, but I will not gain anything, so why tell others about my investment. It is definitely safe to do these things confidentially and if a private friend or relative comes to know about the investment, then there is no need to discuss the investment with him. Someone close to you knows that you have invested and if he criticizes about it then totally stop discussing it with him and if he wants to know about investment then discuss it with him if he is interested in investing.  Depending on how the person is behaving or how the person is asking you, you will answer the questions of the person you are talking to.

Logically, if you want big profits then hold onto your Bitcoin. Yes, previously we discussed Grayscale and I don't care whether they want to sell BTC or hold it, but we have our own principles to continue accumulating Bitcoin. Let them sell or buy and that's their right because it's better that they sell everything so that other people have the opportunity to buy BTC at a cheap price. So far this thread has been mixed up with ridiculous things about them and that's no reason to think about what they will do.

Bitcoin is already standing quite strong and any big dump is not able to make Bitcoin go to Zero. So if you have a logical conclusion to accumulate btc in your portfolio then do it and just follow what you have planned. Many people are waiting for low prices so don't sell your BTC to them, hold on for a long time so you will see great success in the Bitcoin investment you have made.
Those who invest for a long period of time have the objective of reaping huge profits from their investments. An investor holds his investment for a long period of time with the aim of earning large profits. Investing means making money by using that money. Those with low expectations or those who are satisfied with little usually trade with different coins, but those with high expectations and who are ready to leave money for a long time decide to invest for the long term. By investing, I have understood that the longer I hold my investment, the more likely I will get profit from that investment.
Pages: « 1 ... 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 [276] 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: