Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:02:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 409 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 78146 times)
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 170

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:40:36 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It's generally advisable to take a long term perspective when investing in Bitcoin and focus on the fundamental of the technology and it's potential growths.
the decision to go for either what you call long term investment which is HODLing or short term investment which I feel you're referring to TRADING depends totally on the individuals choice and experience.

For people that have mastered the art of trading, they might look at buying the DIP end HODLing it as a strategy for the inexperience ones while those that only buy the DIP and HODL might think that traders are high risk takers but the thing is more of focusing on what works well with you and sticking with it. The only issue is that because of the complexity involved with trading and the chances of a new person just starting his Bitcoin journey to experience looses more in trading than he will do in just Buying the DIP and HODLing is the main reason why it is more advisable for a beginner to start his Bitcoin investment journey by just accumulating it and Hodl.
Even people who have mastered trading still lose money while trading, which is why trading is not something a newbie should practice because he or she will lose his money. Of course, traders are high-risk takers because they will be making little profit from bitcoin by buying at a low price and selling at a high price in the short term. Which I think is not a good strategy towards owning a bitcoin because you might miss out on bitcoin when you buy bitcoin at a low price and sell it at a high price and still wait for bitcoin to dip so that you can buy it again, but the bitcoin price refuses to dip and keeps making an upward trend to the point where you cannot buy it again. It is not just for beginners to accumulate bitcoin, but they should make sure before they start accumulating bitcoin they have a source of income that they will use, like 10% of their income to accumulate bitcoin every week or month, and they should also keep an emergency fund to take care of their financial needs after they start their bitcoin accumulation journey with the DCA strategy, so they will not sell their bitcoins at a loss because there is no more money to take care of their financial needs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 11:56:15 AM

Those who want to hold Bitcoin for the long term must keep a close eye on the crypto market. Whenever you see a dip in Bitcoin price in the crypto market, you will try to buy and hold Bitcoin. But I know that Bitcoin will pump multiple times in the next few years.  .Now bin our time and expect to earn multiple times in a few years from now.
You are new to the forum so I understand when you have this mindset and your line of thought. I came from the same background too until I learnt from this forum and got better. With time, you will learn the right approach and even put such knowledge to good use in your Bitcoin buying and holding. Now to set the records straight, our target is to buy Bitcoin and hold, base on our own financial capacity, for long term running into years.

Before getting started, it is better you have a target and plans you are working towards. This target is what will help you in the buying process as well as how you manage your Bitcoin asset after buying or while you are at it. for instance, many of us choose Bitcoin as a means of saving for the future, at least it has proven to be a reliable option for saving than keeping it in the bank to face inflation. Those of us in this category do not necessarily look at the price always because we are working according to budget where certain part of our income are injected into Bitcoin as they come to save for the future. If the price rise so much, that is a huge plus to us and even if it does not rise that much, there is no problems but chances are high that the price will rise over some years as the historic data of Bitcoin has shown. So the objective should be known from the beginning. If you believe in Bitcoin, then you must develop a long term objective for it as that is the best way to maximize the opportunities that Bitcoin offers.

the decision to go for either what you call long term investment which is HODLing or short term investment which I feel you're referring to TRADING depends totally on the individuals choice and experience.
If we dwell so much in trading, we might make the discussion here appear like trading is an option for discussion here. I think we leave trading for the right section of the forum or the topics that addresses them and approach this thread with the caption it carries which is buying and HODLing. People already know how risky trading is so anyone going into it should be prepared to bear the risk.

Lord b

Activity: 24
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 12:03:55 PM

Not only that, this factor alone requires reading the direction of the market. For example, if the market keeps going up and up in a day, slowly and normally, in general, the lowest price is what we are most looking for to buy, especially if we have set a schedule beforehand in a week, at least we can buy and BTC installments at least 3 times.

I think you're missing the point,the purpose of this thread is for longterm investment, to encourage accumulation of bitcoin and as such you shouldn't consider the lowest price or the movement of the market

There are many methods for accumulation but DCA is greatly encouraged because it negates the effect of price action
We highly advice you buy as much btc as you can whenever you can and in the event of a dip buy even more because in the long term,it will reduce your average purchase price(ie using DCA) and increase your compound interest
So you should focus more on having funds available to accumulate bitcoin irrespective of price action or movement of the market in the short term
Lord b

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 12:30:24 PM

Those who want to hold Bitcoin for the long term must keep a close eye on the crypto market. Whenever you see a dip in Bitcoin price in the crypto market, you will try to buy and hold Bitcoin. But I know that Bitcoin will pump multiple times in the next few years.  .Now bin our time and expect to earn multiple times in a few years from now.
This is a very wrong approach to investment or accumulation and should be advised against
For instance,what if you never see a dip or one convincing enough especially since halfing is barely weeks away and the market is most likely to be bullish
What if you buy the dip and the dip dips even more,you'll then start contemplating selling in order to loose much

That's why this thread is very nice especially with encouraging use of DCA,if you understand the concept of DCA even partially then you'll find that just waiting for a dip is largely ineffective and time consuming since many factors affect the movement of the market

My advice to you just like this thread stresses on is to keep accumulating irrespective of price action(ie whether there is a dip or the market is bullish) the goal is to accumulate as much bitcoin as you can which overtime will increase your compound interest since bitcoin is projected to be bullish in the months and years to come

You need to stop looking at it from the perspective of trading and start thinking of btc more as an asset or more like fixed deposit and not just looking for ways to make small profit in the short term
Lord b

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 12:49:01 PM

You are new to the forum so I understand when you have this mindset and your line of thought. I came from the same background too until I learnt from this forum and got better. With time, you will learn the right approach and even put such knowledge to good use in your Bitcoin buying and holding. Now to set the records straight, our target is to buy Bitcoin and hold, base on our own financial capacity, for long term running into years.

Before getting started, it is better you have a target and plans you are working towards. This target is what will help you in the buying process as well as how you manage your Bitcoin asset after buying or while you are at it. for instance, many of us choose Bitcoin as a means of saving for the future, at least it has proven to be a reliable option for saving than keeping it in the bank to face inflation. Those of us in this category do not necessarily look at the price always because we are working according to budget where certain part of our income are injected into Bitcoin as they come to save for the future. If the price rise so much, that is a huge plus to us and even if it does not rise that much, there is no problems but chances are high that the price will rise over some years as the historic data of Bitcoin has shown. So the objective should be known from the beginning. If you believe in Bitcoin, then you must develop a long term objective for it as that is the best way to maximize the opportunities that Bitcoin offers.

I couldn't agree more with you, the main takeaway here is the mindset and approach,most people focus more on trading for the short term gains
This thread is meant to encourage investment mindset and to treat bitcoin as a tool for the future and not to be distracted by meagre price fluctuations for instance,if you were fortunate to have begun investing and holding bitcoin say 5 years ago,you'd have made ample profit by now,then imagine if you're still holding or if you invest now and hold for 5,7 or even 10 years think about the gains you'd have made by then
Moreno233

Merit: 180

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 12:51:51 PM
Merited by Miles2006 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I think you are going about this the wrong way, make like those who guy shitcoins and expect it to give them X10 or more with some time, probably few years. Here we do not know if the price of Bitcoin can increase multiple times next few years, that is not the main emphasis rather to build a Bitcoin portfolio over the course of some years while expecting it to worth something great in the future even though we still keep open mind to all possibilities. Our job is to accumulate Bitcoin with part of our money (not all), and hold it for long. We use part because we have to eat and do other important obligations while also setting aside some money for Bitcoin as a form of investment for the future. The price now is irrelevant because we are not looking to sell soon

If your plan is to have a Bitcoin portfolio say in the next ten years, I think you will not bother what the price is now because whatever the price is, you will always buy so you will be able to achieve your aim. If you have this relaxed mindset, you will be able to approach Bitcoin in the right way.

monitoring the market movement on a regular, won't be encouraging ones yah seeing your portfolio going down due to a certain dip the mindset of you selling would be initiated. Like when bitcoin dip to the price range of $38k I didn't bother checking my portfolio I just keep on accumulating more bitcoin, because you monitoring it always yah just testing your emotions. And beside not even thinking of withdrawing this year I may start atlest around the year of 2025 that why I'm actually focusing on learning more about this [ANN] JJG Sustainable Bitcoin Withdrawal Strategy. so that when I'm ready I would make use of this strategy
This is true, when I started, I remember how often I got tempted to try and sell when my portfolio entered good profit or when it goes deep into loss and refused to rise. It took me understanding of the DCA method and subsequent application of same to overcome this. Monitoring the price regularly is a bad practice for anyone that is investing in Bitcoin for longterm. I think more about getting more Bitcoin than what the price will be. This whole period of ETF pumps did not move me one beat because even though Bitcoin did X10 because of the ETF approval, I wouldn't have sold

Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 01:03:22 PM

Generally the topic of discussion is strictly based on Bitcoin here and not shitcoins that is your use of the term cryptocurrency implies that you are including altcoins in the discussion whereas the topics is talking about long term bitcoin investment. Moreso talking about keeping close eye in the market movement isn't necessary for investors accumulating Bitcoin for long term, those who keep close eye to the market movement are known as the traders who's intention is to sell at any profit added to their investing for short term profit and that is not the topic of discussion because trading is considered to be gambling.
 Considering your DCA method serves you better because it reduces the risk tolerance of volatility and market fluctuations nature of Bitcoin.

Lord b

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 01:05:00 PM

Depends on their plans towards their accumulation since there are people intend to split their balance into half so that they can use it for hodling and the other half for DCA then I find it good strategy to use after all since a person doing that may have balance to use in future if good thing happened which I expect since there's huge potential for bitcoin to grow more also they can ride up the current short term happening with bitcoin because they also have balance to use intended for it.

That's why its important for a person to know their priorities or set goals towards their trades and accumulation so that they would know what they really like to happen on their investments. I know its hard for some people to figure out what they like but constant experience towards the market events will help them gain knowledge and possibly they can create their own plan that can possibly generate them some good results.
I don't quite get your point,DCA is a method for accumulation in order to achieve a lower average purchasing price as the name implies(dollar cost averaging) so by definition DCA is used for hodling,what you're promoting is trading

As an investor especially one implementing DCA strategy,your plan should be accumulating as much btc as you can with the funds that you've set aside for investment and not thinking about capitalizing on little gains and selling off a portion of your accumulated coins due to bullish price action overtime that will greatly harm your portfolio and accumulation potential and overall it is generally not a viable investment strategy
Richbased

Merit: 161

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2024, 01:22:28 PM

Indeed, for people who are optimistic about bitcoin, choosing a buy the dip and HOLD strategy is a good strategy to add to their portfolio. However, as an investment strategy, of course, buying the dip must be accompanied by controlling risk. One of them is by determining the target selling price when we buy when the price drops.

I think for those who really like Bitcoin and also really like implementing the buy the dip and HOLD strategy, there is no need to determine a selling price target very early if the purpose of buying on the dip itself is for long-term investment. Because those who usually determine the selling price very early or after successfully making a purchase at a dip price are traders and this will certainly not be the same as investors who like to hold Bitcoin in the long term. Although they all also consider risk control when doing something in the market.

Actually, an investor can't really determine the selling price targets when they want to buy and hodl for a long interval of time but however if an investor who buys when the dips occur can't actually resell at that material time regardless of if his gonna make a little profit but rather he can hodl his coin in his portfolio and allow the price to skyrocket then his investment would be matured enough for him to sell off his coin but moreover, a good investor doesn't sell all his coins as he can still leave some coin in his portfolio should in case the price goes further high instead of selling it off and waiting for a dip to buy of which a dip might never occur Again.

I_Anime

Activity: 378
Merit: 157

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 01:29:58 PM

Indeed, for people who are optimistic about bitcoin, choosing a buy the dip and HOLD strategy is a good strategy to add to their portfolio. However, as an investment strategy, of course, buying the dip must be accompanied by controlling risk. One of them is by determining the target selling price when we buy when the price drops.

I think for those who really like Bitcoin and also really like implementing the buy the dip and HOLD strategy, there is no need to determine a selling price target very early if the purpose of buying on the dip itself is for long-term investment. Because those who usually determine the selling price very early or after successfully making a purchase at a dip price are traders and this will certainly not be the same as investors who like to hold Bitcoin in the long term. Although they all also consider risk control when doing something in the market.

Actually, an investor can't really determine the selling price targets when they want to buy and hodl for a long interval of time but however if an investor who buys when the dips occur can't actually resell at that material time regardless of if his gonna make a little profit but rather he can hodl his coin in his portfolio and allow the price to skyrocket then his investment would be matured enough for him to sell off his coin but moreover, a good investor doesn't sell all his coins as he can still leave some coin in his portfolio should in case the price goes further high instead of selling it off and waiting for a dip to buy of which a dip might never occur Again.
that where DCAing comes in, alot of investors are always waiting for the BTC to experience great dips before jumping and most of them end up missing out great life changing opportunities. That why you need to use DCA method to buy in a fixed time interval mostly during this period when BTC halving is at the corner. And  base on the previous halving during any halving bitcoin at first experience a great dip (those that are good in selling in dip when it's happened don't sell yours.) Take as an opportunity to buy the dip because after the halving bitcoin is going to experience a great surge 😜

Gallar

Activity: 616
Merit: 291

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 02:15:36 PM

Not only that, this factor alone requires reading the direction of the market. For example, if the market keeps going up and up in a day, slowly and normally, in general, the lowest price is what we are most looking for to buy, especially if we have set a schedule beforehand in a week, at least we can buy and BTC installments at least 3 times.
Buying bitcoin with the BUY DIP and HODL strategy is indeed a very good strategy. However, if you invest in bitcoin in the short and medium term, market analysis should be studied carefully. Because this sales period requires that this be done seriously.
But if you are investing in Bitcoin for a very long period of time, I think this analysis factor may be secondary. Because investing in the long term, provides great sales prospects in the future. So buying bitcoin at a rather expensive price today, most likely in the next 10 years this will not have a big impact on profits. Therefore, DCA will be highly superior if you invest in Bitcoin in the long term. Because buying bitcoin with the DCA strategy makes things easier for us with minimal analysis that we can do.

Therefore

• If you want to invest in the short or medium term, BUY DIP and HODL will really help.
  • But if you want to invest in bitcoin for a very long period of time, then the DCA strategy is the most suitable to do.

Note: It all depends on each person's personal wishes. Because everything must be done based on one's own desires.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Mr.suevie

Activity: 518
Merit: 319

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2024, 02:18:34 PM

Well I don't think it's entirely necessary to be watchful of the market price if for anything don't do that, I think this particular constant watch of the market is actually done by short term trade and besides you might get all tense and maybe invite the fear which can lead you to sell off your coins instead why not just plan it out, like for example have a fixed amount although it can be flexible depending on your earning for it to affect your other activities, you set  up that amount and go with constantly on a weekly or monthly depending on how you deem convenient enough for you and this process is @DCA although you can still be watching the market but not with the seriousness and zeal I read from your statement and the reason being in case there is actually any dip in the market you can use that to your advantage and buy the dip and moreover that's the whole essence of this thread for us to actually know how to BUY the DIP and HODL it so nothing bad too.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Callido

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 02:35:04 PM

Selling an investment should not be the main subject, the whole problem comes to the accumulation aspect when most people go into the market using the wrong style and approach. The DCA remains the absolute technique to be used to add up to our portfolio considering its benefit of accumulation without looking at the recent price. Anyone who practices this strategy, should be already knowledgeable on how to carryout other functions, like when to stabilize the buying process, how and where to hold and also when to sell off.

Buying bitcoin with the BUY DIP and HODL strategy is indeed a very good strategy. However, if you invest in bitcoin in the short and medium term, market analysis should be studied carefully. Because this sales period requires that this be done seriously.
But if you are investing in Bitcoin for a very long period of time, I think this analysis factor may be secondary. Because investing in the long term, provides great sales prospects in the future. So buying bitcoin at a rather expensive price today, most likely in the next 10 years this will not have a big impact on profits. Therefore, DCA will be highly superior if you invest in Bitcoin in the long term. Because buying bitcoin with the DCA strategy makes things easier for us with minimal analysis that we can do.

Therefore

• If you want to invest in the short or medium term, BUY DIP and HODL will really help.
  • But if you want to invest in bitcoin for a very long period of time, then the DCA strategy is the most suitable to do.

Note: It all depends on each person's personal wishes. Because everything must be done based on one's own desires.
Those who use the DCA technique should already be acquainted with longevity of their investment, it is always in a long term when dealing with the DCA approach. No short cut to receiving maximum profits considering buying at regular interval whether the price is at the DIP or DUMP , it does not matter when doing DCA.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 04:17:26 PM

Well I don't think it's entirely necessary to be watchful of the market price if for anything don't do that, I think this particular constant watch of the market is actually done by short term trade and besides you might get all tense and maybe invite the fear which can lead you to sell off your coins instead why not just plan it out, like for example have a fixed amount although it can be flexible depending on your earning for it to affect your other activities, you set  up that amount and go with constantly on a weekly or monthly depending on how you deem convenient enough for you and this process is @DCA although you can still be watching the market but not with the seriousness and zeal I read from your statement and the reason being in case there is actually any dip in the market you can use that to your advantage and buy the dip and moreover that's the whole essence of this thread for us to actually know how to BUY the DIP and HODL it so nothing bad too.

Technically we don't have to keep watching the price of Bitcoin to buy the dip, we simply have to create a trade order at desired price, let's say if the current price is $42K and we expect to buy if the prices reaches $35K then simply we have to create a limit order with that price and if market fell to that level then it will be bagged but it's suitable for big investors and retail investors who relying DCA for their accumulation can't afford to lock their money with no vision of when it will happen. So we have to design the strategies based on our risk tolerance and for long term holder that $7K price difference won't be a big deal so retail investors keep investing and look the bigger picture after years.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 04:18:47 PM

It's generally advisable to take a long term perspective when investing in Bitcoin and focus on the fundamental of the technology and it's potential growths.

For people that have mastered the art of trading, they might look at buying the DIP end HODLing it as a strategy for the inexperience ones while those that only buy the DIP and HODL might think that traders are high risk takers but the thing is more of focusing on what works well with you and sticking with it. The only issue is that because of the complexity involved with trading and the chances of a new person just starting his Bitcoin journey to experience looses more in trading than he will do in just Buying the DIP and HODLing is the main reason why it is more advisable for a beginner to start his Bitcoin investment journey by just accumulating it and Hodl.
Even people who have mastered trading still lose money while trading, which is why trading is not something a newbie should practice because he or she will lose his money. Of course, traders are high-risk takers because they will be making little profit from bitcoin by buying at a low price and selling at a high price in the short term. Which I think is not a good strategy towards owning a bitcoin because you might miss out on bitcoin when you buy bitcoin at a low price and sell it at a high price and still wait for bitcoin to dip so that you can buy it again, but the bitcoin price refuses to dip and keeps making an upward trend to the point where you cannot buy it again. It is not just for beginners to accumulate bitcoin, but they should make sure before they start accumulating bitcoin they have a source of income that they will use, like 10% of their income to accumulate bitcoin every week or month, and they should also keep an emergency fund to take care of their financial needs after they start their bitcoin accumulation journey with the DCA strategy, so they will not sell their bitcoins at a loss because there is no more money to take care of their financial needs.

Yes that is true, but isn't someone who has now managed to reach the professional point in the world of trading basically they also started as a beginner? of course and that means that maybe I would say that investing is for everyone but maybe not everyone can go through all the processes that exist in the world of investment especially in terms of difficulty and complexity and this is also the reason why there is the word "professional". In the world of investment we cannot rule out the possibility of risk because no matter if you are a professional there will still be certain times for you to experience losses and this confirms that losing money in the world of investment is a risk for everyone, but the difference is that a professional has a lot of experience that produces knowledge to minimize the possibility of risk, I mean they can minimize the amount of risk with the knowledge they have and this experience does not exist in a beginner but over time beginners can also be at this point if they are able to go through all the processes well.

Buying at a low price and selling at a high price is of course the common approach taken by most of the people involved to make some profit, on the other hand what you said is indeed highly recommended in terms of preparing a budget when one wants to get involved in the world of investment. It is advised that one should have a job that can provide them with a steady income if they want to get involved in bitcoin investing, not least because it is only with this preparation that you can get balance and peace of mind while you are involved especially in terms of budgeting, putting some for living needs and allocating some to your bitcoin accumulation and also you really need to put some to save as an emergency fund. The fact is that prevention is always the best course of action, right? of course and this emergency fund has an important role to minimize an unexpected possibility in the future when you find a situation that forces you to spend money, and with the emergency fund then you will be able to use this money to overcome your problems and on the other hand with this then you will not think of cashing in the accumulation of bitcoin that you have maintained, because on the other hand not infrequently we find investors who end up experiencing many distractions like this that can even make them fail, and this way will make it easier for you to maintain the DCA strategy which really requires good consistency to produce maximum profits in the future.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Mayor of ogba

Merit: 170

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 05:00:12 PM

Depends on their plans towards their accumulation since there are people intend to split their balance into half so that they can use it for hodling and the other half for DCA then I find it good strategy to use after all since a person doing that may have balance to use in future if good thing happened which I expect since there's huge potential for bitcoin to grow more also they can ride up the current short term happening with bitcoin because they also have balance to use intended for it.

That's why its important for a person to know their priorities or set goals towards their trades and accumulation so that they would know what they really like to happen on their investments. I know its hard for some people to figure out what they like but constant experience towards the market events will help them gain knowledge and possibly they can create their own plan that can possibly generate them some good results.
I don't quite get your point,DCA is a method for accumulation in order to achieve a lower average purchasing price as the name implies(dollar cost averaging) so by definition DCA is used for hodling
I disagree with you that DCA is used for holding Bitcoin. DCA is a strategy used for accumulating bitcoin at a regular interval, and it is mostly used by low-income earners who do not have enough money to accumulate the quantity of bitcoin they want with a lump buy or do not have money to accumulate bitcoin at any bitcoin dip they see. However, the DCA strategy allows low-income earners to accumulate bitcoin weekly or monthly with the fund set aside to use in DCA and also take care of their financial challenges. Hold is when someone refuses to sell their bitcoin, regardless of whether the price is increasing or decreasing.

Moeda

Activity: 1524
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 05:04:42 PM

With bitcoin as well rest of the altcoins every dip is an opportunity to make an investment. Very few make use of this while majority of the users just keep hold of the assets for the bull trend. To make a good profit out of bitcoin it is a must to move along with the market than just holding focusing on targeted growth.

Perhaps we can capitalize on the current market downturn, but not everyone is knowledgeable about this. When the stock market appears to be in the red, some might think it will continue, waiting for the right time to buy. Without realizing that the market turns green again, and vice versa.

Maybe we realize that taking advantage of the market is much better than waiting for the target of a bull run. However, for those who lack patience, they often experience misfortune, so they prefer long-term investments by investing without checking the changing conditions of crypto prices.
Ruttoshi

Merit: 272

Baba God Noni

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 05:23:34 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2024, 05:41:29 PM by Ruttoshi

In the case of such person as he explained where salary is low, I don't think that even using 100% of salary to cater for the first months need would help, cause at the end of the day the next month would come with equal problems or even lesser or more still, and he would end up using the next months income to still cater for his needs, or a little would be left and he would invest that one for the next month as you said.

But what about the upper month, and the next and till he continues to be in that state of low income, I think this would really affect him cause his investment would be mostly inconsistent and he might not even be able to succeed as an investor cause emergency might also occur and he would have to cater for those too, and if this inconsistency continuities it might also lead to him starting to procastinate and giving excuses which could cripple his determination and goal, what I think is best for such individual if they must invest is to remove an allocation of 10% to build up for emergency first or divide that 10% for both DCA and emergency funds, so at least they have started and they would now see the need for a salary raise to boost their investment and manage the rest 90% for needs and expenses,  such person must also have a high discipline more than another investor starting with higher capital and comfort  to manage his cashflow and chunk some unnecessary expense out to help himself.

Cause I think so far in this thread we have come to agree that cashflow would also play an important role in one's plan to accumulate bitcoin, either a person of this level would be okay to do poorly untill he can grow his income or should not bother investing, cause he would always be at a state of emergency.

While I'm not saying a person with low income cannot invest, I'm just establishing the fact that it would be too difficult for him to endure cause his progress would be slow, and his holdings would always be at risk to poor emergency funds and low cashflow, which are two major important factors we need to accumulate bitcoin successfully.
A person with such low income will find it difficult to invest in bitcoin. Therefore, the person needs to get a second job and also cut down his expenses, so that he will have enough to take care of his needs and also be able to invest in bitcoin.

Those who want to hold Bitcoin for the long term must keep a close eye on the crypto market. Whenever you see a dip in Bitcoin price in the crypto market, you will try to buy and hold Bitcoin. But I know that Bitcoin will pump multiple times in the next few years.  .Now bin our time and expect to earn multiple times in a few years from now.
Generally the topic of discussion is strictly based on Bitcoin here and not shitcoins that is your use of the term cryptocurrency implies that you are including altcoins in the discussion whereas the topics is talking about long term bitcoin investment. Moreso talking about keeping close eye in the market movement isn't necessary for investors accumulating Bitcoin for long term, those who keep close eye to the market movement are known as the traders who's intention is to sell at any profit added to their investing for short term profit and that is not the topic of discussion because trading is considered to be gambling.
You are misunderstanding @Tmoonz, what he meant by closing your eyes as a long term investor means that you do not need to look at the market always so that you don't get distracted with the price movement of bitcoin, but ignore the market so that you can stay focus on accumulating your bitcoin through regular DCA weekly, monthly, or quarterly.

As a newbie, there is no need of having the mindset to invest in short term or middle term because you will not be able to achieve the goal of investing in long term which is the best way to reduce risk and also benefit from the compounding interest of bitcoin. It will be a waste of time and resources to invest in that way. Also you will give yourself too much burden checking maps and analyzing, which needs a professional skill, and the worst of it all is that with all those aforementioned, the possibility of you running at loss is very high than profit due to poor knowledge and high risk.

Duelbits
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Justbillywitt

Activity: 238
Merit: 178

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 05:58:10 PM

If you have intention of holding bitcoin for a long time, you don't have any business watching the market. Your major aim will be to buy whenever you have money irrespective of the price of bitcoin. You wouldn't have to wait for a dip because there is no level that is established as dip, so you will keep waiting till you miss out. Just adopt one of the investment method and use it to buy bitcoin. When you keep waiting there every tendencies that you will divert the money to something else. If you are wealthy enough do a lump sum buy. If you are a low or medium income earner use the DCA and buy. The moment you have bought the bitcoin you are sure that you have used the money for what it was intended.

Also about pumping multiple times in the future is a mare speculation and nobody is certain about anything. So when you invest in bitcoin don't just have the singular mindset that it will pump and give you multiple profit. Also put in mind that things might not go the way you imagined. This will help you not to be affected in anyway if things go the opposite side.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 29, 2024, 06:31:33 PM

He will not hesitate to sell if that price is even achieve in a month from the point of investment. We can call this long term investment if it happens that he sold shortly after buying because he achieved the target selling price.
Long-term investments are generally made with a specific time frame in mind. For example, if an investor invests himself in a five-year plan and the market price changes significantly during these five years, and despite this change, the investor holds the investment for a certain period of time without selling the investment, this is long-term investment. If the investor thinks that he buys Bitcoin for $1000 and he sells it when he gets $200 on his investment, but here he has a business objective of making a certain amount of profit. Since his investment in this case depends on a certain amount of profit, if we consider his method as a businessman, then we may not be wrong. If the investment is made with the intention of holding the investment in depth, one must try to hold the investment for a certain period of time.

You sound mixed up regarding what is "long term investing," and you may well not have any kind of specific timeline for when to get out exactly, even though you might have some ideas in regards to when you might start to need the money, whether that is 4-10 years or further into the future.

Sure having some specific goals into the longer term, such as 5 years or wanting to reach a certain amount, could have some relationships to long term or maybe overlap with the idea of long term or difficult to achieve goals that may or may not be reached... so some of the ways that you are framing long term could also fit within the category of long term thinking about investing.. . but you do not have to have any of those kinds of specifics...

You could have long term plans and intentions to stay with your investment 4-10 years or longer, while also recognizing that you have discretion to change your mind at any time or that you might want to make sure that you always have some ways of exiting the investment, even if you are not planning to exit, but you want to make sure that you can exit if you feel that you need to (or change your mind and want to). 

Of course, you are less likely to be successful in your investment if you end up pulling out early.. so there is a lot of power in making sure that you can stay in.. but surely you also have complete autonomy over your own life and your investments, even if you end up screwing it up.. .. and there even could be some rare scenarios that getting out ended up being the right thing to do.

The topic of this thread is built upon a presumption of long term investing, and we are not trading here or even selling for short term profits and/or expectations to buy back lower. 

if your investment plan is 4-10 years or longer, you are likely going to have better chances of experience compounding of your invested amount and also you will likely increase your options regarding what you might want to do with your bitcoin investment later down the road, especially if you both hold and invest more than one whole cycle... notice the thread topic also says nothing about selling, and that is on purpose (rather than an accident).
Bitcoin investment cycle should be aimed at long term investment because that os the only way to fully accumulate all the variables that usher in good profits, and yes indeed our focus in this topic is based on that fact, but most time, young upcoming investors who may not have the cashflow to hold they Bitcoin for that 4-10 year long term bitcoin investment cycle,  because they are forced at some point to sell their Bitcoin to solve one problem or the other, or even applying the DCA approach so as to increase their capital with the thought that buying low and selling high based on short-term speculation could help the to achieve a more financially stable position,  those set of Bitcoin investors will always speak based of their mindset and position,  even though that, on the long run, the maximize profits in that practice cant match up with the one that comes along with just holding your Bitcoin for that space of time without doing any action either to sell with the intention to buy back at low which is what most call DCA approach.

There could be scenarios that someone heavily DCAs on a weekly basis for the first 2-4 years invested into bitcoin, and then the next 2 years DCA's less frequently (maybe every 2-4 weeks) and buys on dips.. and then maybe the next 2 years DCAs about once a quarter and continues to buy on dips.. and then maybe the next 2 years only DCAs about once or twice a year and buys on dips and maybe thereafter ONLY buys on dips  and rarely DCAs.  So after about 10 years, he has coins that have various levels of cost basis and surely his earliest coins have compounded in value the most and some of his later coins might or might not be profitable... and if they are profitable may still be less than 100% in profits... so maybe if the guy might consider changing his strategy into something in which he might start to sell some coins or sell on the rips and buy on the dips or even just set up a budget in which he is cashing out a bit every month, perhaps less than 4% per year of his stash, but he may reach higher levels of stages of his BTC investment in which he ends up moving more and more away from regular buying and perhaps starts to include various forms of selling that may or may not involve attempts to strategize sells around the price.. and optional whether he buys any back or not... but he has more and more options the longer he is in and the longer that some of his earlier purchased coins come into higher levels of profits, which is also not guaranteed to happen, but if we invest in such a way that we are not worried about the money, we will find out the extent to which our options might have ended up increasing in regards to how long we had been accumulating BTC and in various ways over the years.

--Snip--
I was actually thinking about what you posted, and you may be right. Perhaps it shouldn't be how much a person could purchase now, and chase life-changing gains. Bitcoin is more about self-sovereign ownership of our own assets, freedom, and censorship-resistance, NOT entirely to get rich. Although getting rich and doing that with Bitcoin would be nice.

Remembering the ethos upon which the foundation of Bitcoin was built on, then DCA, buy at any price NOW if you can is probably what people should do.

Your first paragraph is especially a good framing Wind_FURY. 

In that regard, bitcoin provides us with a lot of various kinds of empowerment that is not merely about getting rich - even though getting rich seems to have had historically been an additional benefit that people have been receiving by building their BTC stash and mostly HODLing their BTC stash through many years.

Some people only come for the get-rich part of bitcoin and they are focused on the getting rich part and not even giving any shits about the empowering part, and surely some of these people will evolve in their thinking and understanding of bitcoin, but some of them will never get over the mere monetary focus, which I suppose in several senses if still valid, even though it is incomplete and somewhat superficial way of thinking about and understanding bitcoin... ..

even though as long as we keep building and holding our BTC, we can have very good chances of being able to end up doing both, too.. whether our original intentions had been exclusively on one or another, it still seems that both will continue to play out in the coming years.. and there are some who even say that it is inevitably based on math, even though many of us realize that it is not inevitable, yet bitcoin is a pretty amazingly designed system.. that is likely to persist and even to go up in value, which surely makes it more beneficial to any individuals to be sure to employ consistent, persistent, ongoing and perhaps even aggressive (without over doing it) accumulation strategies.

Fuck shitcoins.

You do not look at the tail to figure out what the dog is going to do.. you look at the dog to figure out what the tail is going to do.

In other words the dog wags the tail, not the other way around.

In other words, shitcoins are almost completely irrelevant to long term BTC investing ideas, even though they might have affects on short term BTC price moves in terms of creating drama or other various affinity scams that they are involved in on a regular basis... Keep your eye on the prize and be careful in terms of how much you are allowing nonsense to distract you.

On the contrary holding Bitcoin for long does not require you to keep a close eye on the market. There are certain conditions that will enable you hold Bitcoin for long and monitoring the price is never one of them. As a matter of fact, if you have your eyes glued to the market, monitoring the price, you are setting yourself up for emotional torture and the temptation of selling quick.

To be able to hold Bitcoin for long, first calculate your basic expenses check if your income is enough to cover it and still keep some balance, part of which you will invest in Bitcoin and keep the other part for any emergency expenditure that will come up any time within the period you are buying the Bitcoin.

To achieve this, how you buy the Bitcoin is very important. I mean, you can chose a method of buying Bitcoin which is call DCA, it require you to be investing a certain amount you have calculated to be fine for you to put in Bitcoin without putting your self under pressure. This amount can be invested weekly or monthly into Bitcoin as the case may be. If you are not comfortable with this method, you can just buy Bitcoin anytime you have the finances but the most important thing is that you must invest only what you can afford to leave in Bitcoin for a long time without being affected in any way.

monitoring the market movement on a regular, won't be encouraging ones yah seeing your portfolio going down due to a certain dip the mindset of you selling would be initiated. Like when bitcoin dip to the price range of $38k I didn't bother checking my portfolio I just keep on accumulating more bitcoin, because you monitoring it always yah just testing your emotions. And beside not even thinking of withdrawing this year I may start atlest around the year of 2025 that why I'm actually focusing on learning more about this [ANN] JJG Sustainable Bitcoin Withdrawal Strategy. so that when I'm ready I would make use of this strategy

Be careful in terms of trying to employ various sustained withdrawal strategies too early, since it is not intended to be a trading strategy... also it likely is good to be in bitcoin for at least a cycle and a half for your earliest of coins to likely start to compound the most in value.. so there is value in terms of getting compounding effects in your BTC holdings prior to starting to withdraw coins... but if you believe that you have reached your own level of fuck you status, then maybe in the west that would be $2  million in value and $6,666 in value of withdrawal per month or maybe in some other place, you could feel good with 1/10th that amount which is $200k and that would be $666 per month.. which does not seem like entry level fuck you status to me, but surely I understand that it could be entry-level fuck you status for some folks...and if you were to employ conservative levels of withdrawal, it is likely that your withdrawal amounts (in terms of their dollar value - (especially their 200-week moving average value) would most likely continue to go up.

So for example right around a 6.6 BTC amount of BTC holdings would currently give you right around $200k in value in terms of the spot price, and at a 4% withdrawal rate which would likely end up allowing the BTC value to continue to grow faster than your withdrawal rate, you would be authorized to withdraw 0.022BTC per month and as you withdraw the withdraw amount will slowly go down but it still could be sustainable (and even growable) for many folks to withdraw at that 4% per year rate.   https://bitcoindata.science/withdrawal-strategy  ... 

The punchline still is going to be to be careful to not start to withdraw before you really have built up your bitcoin level to a stash that you are comfortable, because if you do start to withdraw, then you should mostly be presuming that your BTC holdings are going to continue to shrink in size, even if you might have some opportunities to buy back BTC with some of the proceeds that you had received in your selling BTC and the tool will even suggest to sell several months in advance at various stages when the BTC price is at various levels of percentages higher than the 200-week moving average, so for example if the BTC price is 14x higher than the 200-week moving average, the tool authorizes (and even suggests) that you might consider selling up to 59 months of your monthly authorized budget in advance, but for example, we would still need to use some common sense because if you had already sold 23 months in advance when the 59 months in advance prices were to be triggered, then you would ONLY have a remaining 36 months (59-23) in advance that you would be able to sell, yet I still would not consider the tool to be trading tool even though many of us likely realize that if we were to sell 59 months in advance, there may well both be difficulties in spending that amount of money in 59 months, but also we likely are going to realize that the BTC price does not likely stay at those kinds of high levels for long periods of time, so it is quite likely that within the next couple of years there would be opportunties to use some of the advance months to buy back some months and to be able to use the tool with higher balances that result from buying back months. and then you would also be able to continue to cash out within the guidelines of the sustainable withdrawal system once the months are bought back and reviving your ability to use the system... so maybe a lot of this sounds complicated because the tool provides guidance, but you still have to keep track of your own actions and the level that you had used the withdrawal amounts or that you had bought back some of the months or maybe buying back all of the months that were still remaining for you to budget yourself. 

And maybe my main point, along with the theme of this thread is to make sure that you have accumulated enough BTC before you start fucking around with trying to trade.. and it surely would become more likely to become more apparent how to treat your BTC stash and holdings once it starts to get to a size that you could start to employ some kind of sustainable withdrawal, an the sustainable withdrawal tool is to help to give guidances regarding how to not overdo your level of withdraw, and if you error on the side of being someone conservative when you start to use the tool but also conservative in your settings of how much that you permit yourself to withdraw, it may well end up being the case that the value in the holdings will continue to grow while you are withdrawing and you would be able to withdraw at more aggressive rates later down the road. and maybe still staying within parameters to keep the portfolio sustainable perhaps even in perpetual ways, in part depending on if the BTC price continues to cooperate with historical assumptions or there may need to be some adjustments to the assumptions if BTC price dynamics change in the coming years.

These are decent points about any decisions to sell when a person is wanting to get more BTC should be considered in light that the price might not ever drop back down, so usually the sell amounts would be relatively small, especially if a person is in BTC accumulation stages, and any one still accumulating is going to end up feeling quite uncomfortable if he sells some BTC but the price keeps going up and then he is accumulating a lot of cash and feeling a need to buy, so he ends up buying way higher than his earlier sell price.

With bitcoin as well rest of the altcoins every dip is an opportunity to make an investment. Very few make use of this while majority of the users just keep hold of the assets for the bull trend. To make a good profit out of bitcoin it is a must to move along with the market than just holding focusing on targeted growth.
Perhaps we can capitalize on the current market downturn, but not everyone is knowledgeable about this. When the stock market appears to be in the red, some might think it will continue, waiting for the right time to buy. Without realizing that the market turns green again, and vice versa.

Maybe we realize that taking advantage of the market is much better than waiting for the target of a bull run. However, for those who lack patience, they often experience misfortune, so they prefer long-term investments by investing without checking the changing conditions of crypto prices.

We are not talking about crypto here, since we don't give any shits about shitcoins.

By the way, you did not use the word bitcoin in any place in your post, which may signal that you are actually lost and you posted in the wrong thread.

Now if you mistakenly used the word crypto when you meant to say bitcoin, then that might be understandable, but I don't see why anyone would want to use the word crypto instead of just using the word bitcoin unless: 1) he either does not know what bitcoin is 2) he just wanted to sound smarter to make it seem as if the same principles that apply to bitcoin applies to shitcoins too.. which surely is not true or 3) he is being disingenuine and purposefully trying to distract or mistlead the conversation (which I am not going to presume those kinds of bad intentions without further evidence). 

If you had not realized, you cannot apply the same principles to shitcoins as you would for bitcoin, since bitcoin is something that has value and the overwhelming majority (if not all) shitcoins are either affinity scams or something close to that in which they are just coat tailing off of bitcoin's security, and sure no problem that they exist and that they are being used to mislead and scam people.  That is the way the world works, correct?    Yet, we should at least recognize and appreciate that shitcoins (crypto), is not the same as bitcoin since their performance is nearly completely dependent upon bitcoin's performance.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 ... 409 »
  Print  

Jump to: