Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:03:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 404 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 77138 times)
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 159

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 04:42:15 PM

Currently the price of bitcoin is above 47k, hopefully this shock will push the price of bitcoin further. Bitcoin price has increased by 9.7% in the last one week. Hopefully it will continue now and this push will go far. Those who haven't bought Bitcoin yet will regret it. Those who expected the price of Bitcoin to dip, and thought they would buy when it dip, are now in for a big regret. But they should start holding now without regret, using DCA method. They can also benefit a lot from this, if they can keep it up, one time also their bitcoin portfolio will be get bigger.
Those who didn't buy bitcoin when the price was low should not regret that it is too late for them to start accumulating bitcoin because they think they will be slow to accumulate the quantity of bitcoin they want through the DCA strategy since the bitcoin price is high now. Don't lose hope; there is a strategy that will make you fast in accumulating your bitcoin, which is dividing your money into 2 equal parts and using one part for a lump sum buy in case the bitcoin price still keeps trending up, and the second part to be accumulating bitcoin at regular intervals with the DCA strategy, whether the price of bitcoin is increasing or decreasing.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 04:54:28 PM

As we move into the future, the demand for Bitcoin is increasing along with the basic needs. I think if a person invests properly by following the DCA method, he can definitely prove himself as an ideal investor. It is better to invest from present time, like me (I have kept my investment alive for 14 months) I also want to make my investment for long term. I got to see my portfolio and it made me want to invest more. So 10% of my income I invest here for long term following DCA method. This is a proper journey that I learned from JJG text.

It is probably good to just keep to temper yourself, even if you want to invest more because when the BTC price goes up, you will likely feel a wealth effect, and sure if you can increase your DCA amount, then I am not trying to discourage you as long as you continue to have a 4-10 year or more investment timeline at the time of any BTC purchase that you make.

But, yeah, for many folks, 10% is surely not outrageous.. but investing 10% or more still depends on your overall financial situation, and for some folks 10% might be too much and for others 10% is fairly whimpy... but it still remains a good target starting framework in which guys can attempt to consider their own particular target amount.... and another thing that we likely realize is that with 10% it is still going to take 10 years to reach 1 years of worth of salary invested, which surely may well be fine for some folks, as long as you realize the ramifications of how it plays out.. so you consider short, medium and long term ramification to the best of your abilities based on what you know now and your putting these ideas into practice will hopefully make them more concrete and meaningful with the passage of time and the ongoing continued application of the ideas into practice.

We can see now how lucky those people who accumulate at $39k price since at short time span they are already gaining a lot especially if they accumulate huge volume at that time also there's big potential that they can even earn more from this since bullish run for bitcoin is I think bound to happen.
39k to 47k is definitely profitable but Bitcoin holders do not hold Bitcoin for the purpose of getting such profit. Those who dream big about Bitcoin in the long term can actually become large holders of Bitcoin. There are many differences between a Bitcoin trader and a Bitcoin holder. If a person buys a large part of Bitcoin at 39k and sells it at current price, he will profit from it, but if he can store it for the long term, he can definitely expect a bigger return. Let me remind you where Bitcoin was in 2017 and where it has reached in 2021 and where it will reach in the future. Those who think long-term about it will definitely consider Bitcoin's holdings. A temporary gain can never change the intention of a true Bitcoin holder.

Of course we are in the ballpark of 8 or 9 doublings since 2015.. as I discuss in this post.

In other words, a lot of value can come from both experiencing a variety of BTC doublings but also to experience real value compounding effects.. and even if there are no guarantees that the doublings and/or compoundings will continue in bitcoin, the ongoing debasement of the dollar and other fiats is not going away.. which continues to strengthen BTC's ongoing investment thesis.

Get the context. The point is not about being the best investment because of price movement or ROI, the point is being the best investment in a particular sector because the HODLer is assured that the investment will continue to exist for decades.
I understand your thought and what you really mean, but I was just trying to be specific on the importance of Bitcoin over the other forms of investment. You know each time I hear people speak of Bitcoin, it sparks up my minds and want to talk and emphasis on it, for people to know the importance of Bitcoin. because I just feel like any discussion without Bitcoin is like I am not adding something to my Brian or not reminding my self of what I have chose over other investment. Not that I don't know that you just listed the other forms of investment but I was just trying to still let you know how important Bitcoin  investment is still important than the other investment.
If you truly want to emphasize the real importance of Bitcoin, then you should avoid talking about it "as an investment " or something that's a possible source of enrichment. Research, read, learn, and feed your brain more about the technical details about Bitcoin. From that, I'm very confident that you will truly learn why it's the break-through/revolutionary leap of the century for distributed systems.
Satoshi Nakamoto should win a Noble Prize for Economics and a Turing Award for inventing Bitcoin.

I know that a lot of folks quibble with the idea of bitcoin as an investment, but the problem is that it is an investment and not just some technical mumbo jumbo.

Sure the technical aspects of bitcoin support it in terms of how valuable that bitcoin is as an investment, yet I cannot see how it is helpful to stop using such terms in order to better help people in regards to how they are going to invest their time, energies and/or value. .which some of that should be into bitcoin. .and surely they may likely have to consider other kinds of investments that they have in order to figure out some kind of a balance because even with bitcoin, it is likely better not to put all of our assets into bitcoin, since many of us still likely need to make sure that we are balanced in fiat systems, so we likely have to continue to make sure that we do not get reckt because we failed/refused to adequately keep a sufficient amount of value in various fiat systems... how are we getting paid and how are we paying our expenses?  are some of those expenses discretionary or are they needed in basic kinds of ways such as food, lodging, transportation and other needs/wants that we might have.

I really don't think job security is paramount here in things to consider before investing into Bitcoin, because in life anything can happen, even the job you feel that is secure, they might just lay you off for no just reason, because life is unpredictable, and that is more of the reason why we should not play with our savings and emergency fund, because that is what going to keep you going till you get another job.
A job is definitely needed to keep bitcoin investment right, if you are out of a job then you can decide to sell your bitcoin holdings if you face any danger. So this is why the job is special, you can keep your investment active in the Bitcoin DCA method with a portion of the income from the job. There must be an external source of income to meet basic human needs. Bitcoin holdings would not be sustainable for long without eros.
I think the appropriate thign to say is that emergency funds is a must for us not to sell our holdings, cause loss of job can also be considered as an emergency and in a case like this, we can use our emergency funds or reserves to back up our accumulation plan and find a way to get a job.

But I don't know how potent the advice to use emergency funds to continue investment when our job has some issues is cause what if it takes longer and we finish up our funds and then a real emergency happens like health challenge or any thign that would really cause us to touch our bitcoin holdings occur, at that point what do we do?
Sir Jay a little help here 🙏

When the true emergency ends up happening, you will be glad that you have an emergency fund, and you will be especially glad if you have enough of a float that you do not have to sell any of your bitcoin before you can get back on your feet, but some times, you will end up having to dip into your BTC to sell some or part of it, and whether you could have had avoided that cannot be clear in any kind of general way since each of us should be trying to put ourselves into a position in which our emergency fund, reserves and float are of a sufficient size so that we never have to dip into our bitcoin, so the more uncertainties that we have, the more of those emergency funds we are going to need, including if we have other cashflows and other assets and/or even some people who we can rely upon as our emergency fund, but we should be trying to be realistic regarding all of these kinds of matters in terms of how much we need, and if we might be building our emergency fund and our bitcoin holdings at the same time, we might already be realizing that our emergency fund is in adequate and it does not even meet the 3 months minimum threshold.. so when we start to dip into depleting these resources and we are not replenishing our cashflow, then we should already be seeing these kinds of problems before they even strike... so we might be really screwed if we are not taking actions to increase our cashflow and/or decrease our expenses while we are able to work or whatever to make sure that we do not get into a situation in which maybe we really need the emergency fund because we are not able to work, and our expenses are rising way beyond what we had previously anticipated (perhaps due to lack of planning and preparations).

So it could well be that we should not be investing into bitcoin if we cannot get our shit together, and sure I recommend that guys are as aggressive as they can be with both getting into bitcoin and accumulating bitcoin, but if you are getting into emergency situations, you likely are engaging in gambling rather than investing and emergencies should have pretty damned low chances to happen in such a way that you have to dip into your BTC, and if you are dipping into your BTC fairly early, you are likely doing something wrong or you maybe should not be investing in BTC because you do not have sufficient disposable income and/or a stable enough of a situation to make sure that your BTC investment is protected for the next 4-10 years or longer.

[edited out]
In my own opinion, I won't actualize it as a mistake because It was all done intentionally, you sold due to the market experiencing an uptrend and back then you made a good profit from it, that was base on your own reasoning and what you deemed fit at that point. Everyday of our lives we grow and adapt to new ideas and ways of doing stuffs, currently you won't make such a decision of selling too early without completing different cycles. Seeing how much of your time and knowledge you put in here to see people not make such drastic selling decision is really appreciating.

Of course, even thought there are no guarantees, there is also a certain degree of latitude, which maybe shows that none of us need to be perfect or even try to be perfect, even though we likely try the best that we can to get some kind of ballpark application of practices that may well end up being directionally correct, even if there are various ways that whatever we choose to do is going to contain some flaws. 

Accordingly, bitcoin has been very forgiving to those of us who have emphasized accumulation and HODLing.. even though many of us might have had employed some smaller kinds of strategies - yet our main strategy and the bulk of our BTC (perhaps even 70-80%) is mostly just sitting in cold storage and we are adding to it at various points along the way.

So being directionally correct pays off even if there are likely to be some mistakes along the way. .and the mistakes may or may not be perceptible at the time that they are being made... there can be some questions or tensions regarding how much of a balance to keep in various accounts that we might create. .and questions about whether we can put off some expenses (defer them) or if we might spend time trying to earn more income or if we might set aside some value to prepare for dips, and how much value do we want to keep on the sidelines for preparing for dips versus just buying right away or spreading our BTC buys out over a whole week..

[edited out]
Actually few people are involved in this accumulation process and I believe persistence is they key, so with time the whole accumulation process is gonna be over and good investors reaps the dividends of their prospective investments.

Almost everyone coming into bitcoin get perceptions that they are "too late;" and that perception of being "too late" frequently motivates them to not invest into bitcoin, to under invest, or to sell too much too soon because they are considering bitcoin in the wrong kinds of ways (as if bitcoin were a mature asset and/or that it is topping out in various ways).. so yeah, many of us have difficulties comprehending how early we still are, even if BTC has already appreciated a lot in value, we are still really early.. and that might be part of the reason why some of the BIGGER time investors who are currently getting in (and still not even a lot of them) are stocking up on BTC because they are wanting to front run a lot of the population who still have not gotten into bitcoin, and sure even Wind_FURY frequently makes similar statements regarding the dangers of getting front-run by various BIG players when we actually still have quite a bit of abilities to continue to front run quite a few of those BIGGER players, even though more and more of them are coming into bitcoin.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 196
Merit: 92

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 05:35:11 PM

You are right because the real reasons why Bitcoin was invented isn't only to stand as an investment strategy but rather to stand as a decentralized medium of performing transactions from person to person (p2p)[/b] directly without involvement of a centralized authority and also to replace the use of fiat so by accumulating bitcoin in other to make profits in the future, we are also acquiring it to stand as a medium of exchange from one person to another.
Please note I am fully aware of the importance of Bitcoin aside from a store of value, though it is used as a P2P transaction or it is also used as medium of exchange. But the fact still remain that Bitcoin holding is very important and should not be underestimated. You can use bitcoin for transaction either P2P or as a medium of exchange of buying and selling. but what more important does it provide again all usage? It is definitely a good store of value. Your monetary with in life is measured by the amount of valuable volatile assets you have which could be you stepping stone in old age. I think when you are talking about bitcoin you should remove you mind in the primary aspect, which is the use for exchange in form of fiat. But think of how important it will be while HODLing for a long time.

How would you feel when you are in your retirement age and your long term bitcoin holding now becomes your redeamer? Because that is exactly what it will be. by then you will no longer think of holding rather using it gradually.

You didn't get my points, talking about p2p isn't about exchanging Bitcoin with fiat but rather as a means of performing transactions with one another, okay after you must have accumulated as many bitcoin as you can will you just leave it their for decoration or remembrance? Not actually as you would also want to use part of it to afford some things you needed in life and you can buy from people that uses Bitcoin as a medium of payment as well that's my point so don't misinterpret what I'm saying when I talk about p2p because I'm actually referring to a decentralized system of dealing directly with whom ever I want to do transactions with rather than using centralized medium like the banks and other third party methods.

We are accumulating bitcoin for the future in other for it to stand as medium of exchange of goods and services and also to replace the use of fiat since it is a digital currency so it's only when we have acquired alot in our portfolios that we can make it's adoption become a reality so let's keep accumulating because that's exactly the stage we are in for now.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Bd officer

Activity: 378
Merit: 219

Cashback 15%

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2024, 06:38:08 PM
Merited by Nothingtodo (1)

Currently the price of bitcoin is above 47k, hopefully this shock will push the price of bitcoin further. Bitcoin price has increased by 9.7% in the last one week. Hopefully it will continue now and this push will go far. Those who haven't bought Bitcoin yet will regret it. Those who expected the price of Bitcoin to dip, and thought they would buy when it dip, are now in for a big regret. But they should start holding now without regret, using DCA method. They can also benefit a lot from this, if they can keep it up, one time also their bitcoin portfolio will be get bigger.
Those who didn't buy bitcoin when the price was low should not regret that it is too late for them to start accumulating bitcoin because they think they will be slow to accumulate the quantity of bitcoin they want through the DCA strategy since the bitcoin price is high now. Don't lose hope; there is a strategy that will make you fast in accumulating your bitcoin, which is dividing your money into 2 equal parts and using one part for a lump sum buy in case the bitcoin price still keeps trending up, and the second part to be accumulating bitcoin at regular intervals with the DCA strategy, whether the price of bitcoin is increasing or decreasing.
Yes, there are many investors who wait for Bitcoin price to drop to invest in Bitcoin and end up regretting it. So it is best to buy bitcoins with DCA method instead of waiting for the price to drop. But those who missed the low price of Bitcoin, may regret it even more when the price of Bitcoin goes up a lot more in the future. So from now on they should invest in Bitcoin with DCA method. If you can hold for a long time by investing in Bitcoin, you can definitely make a profit. Even if the price of Bitcoin goes down, your Bitcoin amount will not decrease, only the price of Bitcoin will decrease, but if you hold for a long time, you can profit.

For example, those who invested in Bitcoin during the bull market in 2022, those who are holding for long have almost recovered their losses, hopefully they will profit soon and if they have invested in the DCA method, they have definitely profited. On the other hand, those who could not be patient sold bitcoins at a loss. So if you want to invest in Bitcoin you need to learn to be patient first. If you can't be patient, you won't be profitable.

Tmoonz

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 09:13:11 PM
Merited by Miles2006 (2), Samlucky O (1)

If you can hold for a long time by investing in Bitcoin, you can definitely make a profit. Even if the price of Bitcoin goes down, your Bitcoin amount will not decrease, only the price of Bitcoin will decrease, but if you hold for a long time, you can profit.

For example, those who invested in Bitcoin during the bull market in 2022, those who are holding for long have almost recovered their losses, hopefully they will profit soon and if they have invested in the DCA method, they have definitely profited. On the other hand, those who could not be patient sold bitcoins at a loss. So if you want to invest in Bitcoin you need to learn to be patient first. If you can't be patient, you won't be profitable.

That's reminds me of a story you can learn from, how a man invested in Bitcoin as early as 2015, at that time Bitcoin price was about  $800, this should be the misinvestment of his life, at least that is what he thought since it was the first time he had invested in anything, he looked at the price every day and  several times, the market fell and fell steadily, the man became more nervous and the  price later reached about $660 and what else could he think of but to sell as fast as possible in order not to loss completely, thought and done the man was now without Bitcoin , he had lost %30 of his invested sum and refused not to invest again.

The truth is that the man panicked and lost focused and forget that holding for long term provides the potential  for significant price appreciation over time.

The forum particularly this thread had given a profound impact on me about Bitcoin and all thanks @JJG . It is important to approach Bitcoin investment with long term perspective by staying informed. The long term growth in Bitcoin investment always points me to a worthwhile bigger picture of the future.

Essential factors influencing long term Bitcoin investment

1. The income flow

2. Market condition

3. investment strategies

4. individual circumstances.

True hodlers Will tend to hodl on their investment even if the market crashes or become highly volatile.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
ginsan

Activity: 1330
Merit: 616

View Profile
February 10, 2024, 09:37:27 PM

So being directionally correct pays off even if there are likely to be some mistakes along the way. .and the mistakes may or may not be perceptible at the time that they are being made... there can be some questions or tensions regarding how much of a balance to keep in various accounts that we might create. .and questions about whether we can put off some expenses (defer them) or if we might spend time trying to earn more income or if we might set aside some value to prepare for dips, and how much value do we want to keep on the sidelines for preparing for dips versus just buying right away or spreading our BTC buys out over a whole week..
We have definitely made mistakes along the way and maybe they didn't have a big effect on the course of our investment because we really focus on long-term investment and we can correct these mistakes during the long-term investment journey. However, in the strategy that I have done, I am not too interested in focusing on setting up reserve funds to wait for cheap price because I tend to accumulate Bitcoin every two week. So I think I will get a chance that might be more accurate to get a cheaper price.

In this context, Most of us have larger finances which makes it easier for them to organize their finances more efficiently into several strategies to be able to buy when prices fall by a few percent. Apart from that, a person's personal policy is certainly different because everyone has a different income, so in this case a plan that might be our choice is the DCA strategy which we can arrange in stage to buy Bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Samlucky O

Activity: 280
Merit: 190

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2024, 03:16:47 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Snip

you shouldn't procicute yourself over selling some stash Wayback when there was an uptrend. at a point in every one's life there is that tempting sensation that make you feel to sell off, and you might end up selling some stash but that doesn't change anything from you. let by gone be by gone. what matters is how you where able to make some corrections and still keep to the rules. by now I know your wallet will be like a straw berry, waiting to chop off. LOLs

I feel real good about my whole system, and I don't even feel that bad about my mistakes - except just to sometimes realize how our perspectives change, and even when I analyze some of my past behaviors, I will sometimes see some of the behaviors, practices and mindset differently now as compared to when I was doing some of them,
That is exactly what am saying. In as much as we hold for long sometimes we decide to sell some stash and it is based on individual differences. because you have it and decides to sell off when you see the need for such. Afterall you have hold for a long term, of which not every one could even hold that long. They would have sold off. So the important of investment is to use it when necessary. and there shouldn't be a question towards it. Because HODL onto bitcoin is not hold forever, or hold into death. but HODL for a long term for future porpos. and it's your priority. Afterall you reaped the fruit of your labour and it didn't change the fact that your holding is still higher than the stash you sold. Where it could have been bad is selling of an unreasonable amount that will affect your entire holding. But checking the amount you sold then was just a peanut and wouldn't even affect the accumulating process.

In recent times, this thread is becoming difficult to keep up with.
The more days passes by so do more newbies flood the system. Most came with the notion of leaning new things like learning the accumulating process. Why some came with the notion of Merit hunting to rankup and apply for signature campaign. Although I can't question anybody on h/her reason of flooding or spamming the board but as an intellectual fellow you are, I know you are fully awear about it and just decided to play along. Because I know by now you should have known the difference between the sheeps from the goat or the spraut from a bean. But the main thing in life as I have learnt so far in this forum is that a reasonable word is better than a thousand junk of word without meaning. One should be able to sit down and understand when there is communication and when there is no communication. Life is a learning process and when you grow in age without growing in thinking, itbkeeps you stagnated and when you get credit for it people thinks you are a kind of genius not knowing it's just understanding what you truely doing.

edy_58

Activity: 348
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 03:24:28 AM

In collecting Bitcoin, everyone has a different strategy, there are those who buy it all at once whatever the price when they buy it and there are those who use the DCA method by collecting consistently according to the date they have set, but in both cases there are advantages and disadvantages too because if we buy At the same time, whatever the price at the time of purchase, of course we have to prepare a lot of money and we have to be able to hold it for a long period of time to be able to make a profit and if we use the DCA method, of course we have to buy it every date we have set and it will be very difficult if we don't have a fixed income.
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 294
Merit: 159

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 05:26:44 AM

In collecting Bitcoin, everyone has a different strategy, there are those who buy it all at once whatever the price when they buy it and there are those who use the DCA method by collecting consistently according to the date they have set, but in both cases there are advantages and disadvantages too because if we buy At the same time, whatever the price at the time of purchase, of course we have to prepare a lot of money and we have to be able to hold it for a long period of time to be able to make a profit and if we use the DCA method, of course we have to buy it every date we have set and it will be very difficult if we don't have a fixed income.
I agree with you when it comes to accumulating bitcoin. Everyone has a strategy that is suitable for them, depending on how fast they want to accumulate bitcoin and the money available. As a newbie, you should stick with the DCA strategy in accumulating your bitcoin because it will help you control the volatility of bitcoin in your bitcoin investment and also allow you to save an emergency fund that you will use to settle your financial needs so that you will not depend on your bitcoin investment to survive shortly.

AirtelBuzz

Activity: 196
Merit: 212

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2024, 05:51:41 AM

This is a proper journey that I learned from JJG text.
I think everyone here, not just you, probably learned how to invest using the dollar cost averaging (DCA) method as per the JJG text. I also didn't understand how to start investing in Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method at first but I read this thread thoroughly before starting investing in this (DCA) method. Then I decided I would make my investments every month using the Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method or prolong it.

I am still continuing my investment. Maybe I will be successful in continuing my Bitcoin investment in the future. I have a proper intention with investing in bitcoins.I will be successful the day I can use this Bitcoin investment for the right purpose. I said in one of my posts that I was depositing 45$ dollars every month in bitcoins, I have now added some more dollars to that means my investment has increased a little bit.I was able to add extra dollars to my investments because my source of income or the amount of income increased so that I could add extra money to my investments there.

Justbillywitt

Activity: 238
Merit: 166

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 08:54:25 AM

Job security is important to consider before starting your bitcoin investment because it will help you take care of your personal needs. If you think someone will be laid off from his job for no reason before that person starts his bitcoin accumulation journey, he or she should save a reserve fund that he or she will use in the future in case he or she loses his job that will help to settle his financial needs until he or she gets another job so that he or she will not depend on his bitcoin investment to settle his financial needs.
Main job and part time job is very important thing to be long term investment in bitcoin, not get stable financial will difficult how to manage our salary for daily needed and investing in bitcoin. Personally had an exceptional for some one not marriage yet because their daily needed not spend large amount every day and can spent more than 60% of their salary for investing in bitcoin.
Have well main and part time job will be easy for accumulating bitcoin in daily or monthly but not support with good payment salary in offline work will face difficult how much have to spent for accumulation bitcoin and another side we need spent money every day for daily needed.
Work hard right now and invest as much possible in bitcoin before getting disappointed in one day later when bitcoin have raised more higher price.
I don't know how you guys comes up with some conclusions. What brought main job and part-time job into this discussion? Why not simply put it that one need a good cashflow to be able to invest in Bitcoin? Many people in this forum have their source of funds in diverse ways like inheritance, business and so on. Your assertion of making main job and part-time job a prerequisite for bitcoin investment might be misleading. Anyone with a source of income can invest in bitcoin, he must not do two types of jobs to do that because investment is made with money and not job. I understand that you are suggesting a secured source of cashflow but your choice of words seem to be the problem.
I don't see a problem in their choice of words. When someone talk about a job you will know that they are talking about casflow. I see you are just limiting your scope of understanding things. Many people here depends on jobs for their cash flow. In every 100 people it's possible that only 2% of them that has inheritance and maybe 10% has businesses. The vast majority depends on jobs. So when they said you need a job for one to be able to invest in bitcoin they are not mistaking neither is it misleading. Majority of bitcoin investors are people who are doing one jobs or the other be it part time or full time or possibly both.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 10:13:37 AM

The days pf 100x are over in Bitcoin. So, your right, 42% is actually a huge return for three years but imagine holding for 10+ years and bitcoin does 70x to 100x that is quite a lot of returns.
Oh man....over the course of my time watching bitcoin I've seen gains of over 100x.  Specifically I remember being able to buy it at $200 back in 2015 or so, and every time I think about what could have been for me I just get this big ol' cloud of gloom come over me.  I do think you're correct that we're probably not going to see that type of growth over a period of 9-10 years, but as I've said many times before I never in my wildest dreams thought bitcoin would reach $1k.

And then I thought it'd never reach $10k.
Or $50k.

So I guess bitcoin is like a boxer that really shouldn't be judged a KO by the referee until the count is finished.  There's probably a way better analogy, but I've been awake for at least two sunsets so cut me some slack.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
Taskford

Activity: 2534
Merit: 786

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 11:31:19 AM

This is a proper journey that I learned from JJG text.
I think everyone here, not just you, probably learned how to invest using the dollar cost averaging (DCA) method as per the JJG text. I also didn't understand how to start investing in Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method at first but I read this thread thoroughly before starting investing in this (DCA) method. Then I decided I would make my investments every month using the Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA) method or prolong it.

I am still continuing my investment. Maybe I will be successful in continuing my Bitcoin investment in the future. I have a proper intention with investing in bitcoins.I will be successful the day I can use this Bitcoin investment for the right purpose. I said in one of my posts that I was depositing 45$ dollars every month in bitcoins, I have now added some more dollars to that means my investment has increased a little bit.I was able to add extra dollars to my investments because my source of income or the amount of income increased so that I could add extra money to my investments there.

Because DCA method is so popular and easy  to understand that's why many people got curious to learn this strategy and many are successful without getting any stress for what they are doing compare on their daily trades.

If someone want to learn or try to understand this method they should try to research since there are good articles about this online. Here are some samples about it and for sure they would like what they read in this article https://dcabtc.com/ I don't promote the site posted in that article so best if they could just read what's information written in that site.

I'm also positive that we can gain something good for doing it and believing on the strength of bitcoin that's why I'm always excited about the future of this coin.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Olatundespo

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 12:02:37 PM

The days pf 100x are over in Bitcoin. So, your right, 42% is actually a huge return for three years but imagine holding for 10+ years and bitcoin does 70x to 100x that is quite a lot of returns.
Oh man....over the course of my time watching bitcoin I've seen gains of over 100x.  Specifically I remember being able to buy it at $200 back in 2015 or so, and every time I think about what could have been for me I just get this big ol' cloud of gloom come over me.  I do think you're correct that we're probably not going to see that type of growth over a period of 9-10 years, but as I've said many times before I never in my wildest dreams thought bitcoin would reach $1k.

And then I thought it'd never reach $10k.
Or $50k.

So I guess bitcoin is like a boxer that really shouldn't be judged a KO by the referee until the count is finished.  There's probably a way better analogy, but I've been awake for at least two sunsets so cut me some slack.
As a newbie I have been thinking about the powerful thread in the meantime taken a chance how to write me.

One of the trader who trade in business place for the best return basically his expectation 50% or 100% or also more how much become he more delightful.
As a assumption the price of cryptocurrency 2030 maybe 543K which price by today is 48k.

Why late! if you have enough money to invest! You must buy today last week its price was 43k.
Marvelockg

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 12:30:58 PM

I am not too interested in focusing on setting up reserve funds to wait for cheap price because I tend to accumulate Bitcoin every two week. So I think I will get a chance that might be more accurate to get a cheaper price
from what i have learnt while going through this thread, the concept of making provision for reserve fund isn't basically aimed at saving up special fund for the purchase of bitcoin during the DIP. It's more of saving out special fund that you can always run to in times of emergency so you don't tamper with your holding because of a minor financial challenge you might be going through.

For those that are serious with their bitcoin investment, measures like having a reserve fund is going to be an added advantage because  unplaneed event do come and if you don't have anywhere to run to for help to sort out your problem, then borrowing from your holding becomes the only option that you would probably consider.

apersonson's personal policy is certainly different because everyone has a different income, so in this case a plan that might be our choice is the DCA strategy which we can arrange in stage to buy Bitcoin.
youre very correct about this, from what I even observe, the DCA methods is probably going to be more useful for the bigginers and those that are not financially strong. Their are people that are earning to well in their business that they can comfortably assign a particular portion of their weekly or monthly profit into investing in bitcoin such that whenever they balance their account for the week or month, all they need to do is to give out a portion of the profit into investing in bitcoin and they can even set a ten five year routine of accumulating Bitcoin with certain amount and will comfortably do it with ease because they have a reliable and sustainable source of income.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Odohu

Activity: 364
Merit: 338

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2024, 01:36:55 PM

As a newbie I have been thinking about the powerful thread in the meantime taken a chance how to write me.

One of the trader who trade in business place for the best return basically his expectation 50% or 100% or also more how much become he more delightful.
As a assumption the price of cryptocurrency 2030 maybe 543K which price by today is 48k.
We are not actually talking about trading here, I think there is a section for trading. By trading I mean short time and hold with targets like 50% or 100% just like you said. If you are looking for information on that kind of ventures, I suggest you visit the trading discussion board and you will appreciate why the forum is segmented.

Just to set the record straight, we are discussing long term investment here and all that is needed to successful buy and hold Bitcoin for long. The key things to consider is how to buy, when to by, what is required to be able to hold and how to develop the mindset of a holder. If you go through the thread you would have read about buying the dip, DCA method, and the concept of the emergency fund that is like the secret to long term HODL of Bitcoin.

Why late! if you have enough money to invest! You must buy today last week its price was 43k.
I do not really support compulsive buying because it is usually done without proper planning. Before investing in Bitcoin, you must have calculated your cashflow to know how much you should allocate to Bitcoin so that you will be able to set up reserve funds that will serve as emergency funds. Buying now is goo because the best time to buy is usually now but care must be taken to make adequate preparations just like I explained before; that is the way to buy and be able to HODL.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Gallar

Activity: 616
Merit: 291

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 02:28:33 PM

Yes, that's right, when someone wants to invest in bitcoin, there are definitely many ways to buy it. Starting from lump sum purchases (Lumsump), to periodic purchases (DCA). So basically there is no need to be confused about this. Because the main purpose of purchasing bitcoin is of course to add to your portfolio. So whatever purchasing method you choose, the results will definitely not be much different. Moreover, if the aim of buying Bitcoin is to use it as a long-term investment, in my opinion if you want to use the Lumsump or DCA technique the results will definitely be the same.

So the most important thing is to first study the knowledge related to bitcoin. Because knowledge is a very important factor in expediting the investment process. Because if the science or knowledge about Bitcoin has been studied and understood first, then the problem of purchasing techniques will definitely not be something complicated. Because in the world of investment, purchasing techniques are stages that can determine the size of the profits that can be obtained and can also minimize risks when the worst possibility occurs, such as falling prices. But in bitcoin all of that can be rejected by investing in the long term. Because when we invest in Bitcoin for a long period of time, there will definitely be several halving cycles and bull markets that will pass. So even though this year the price of bitcoin is rising, we buy bitcoin, in the end there is a big possibility that we can still make a profit.

Indeed, if only invest in Bitcoin for one cycle (4 years), the profits will definitely not be too big. However, if invest more than one cycle, for example 3 or 4 cycles, it is likely that the profits will be very large. So in this phase, purchasing techniques when investing in Bitcoin can be said to be marginalized.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 02:56:24 PM

Get the context. The point is not about being the best investment because of price movement or ROI, the point is being the best investment in a particular sector because the HODLer is assured that the investment will continue to exist for decades.

I understand your thought and what you really mean, but I was just trying to be specific on the importance of Bitcoin over the other forms of investment. You know each time I hear people speak of Bitcoin, it sparks up my minds and want to talk and emphasis on it, for people to know the importance of Bitcoin. because I just feel like any discussion without Bitcoin is like I am not adding something to my Brian or not reminding my self of what I have chose over other investment. Not that I don't know that you just listed the other forms of investment but I was just trying to still let you know how important Bitcoin  investment is still important than the other investment.

If you truly want to emphasize the real importance of Bitcoin, then you should avoid talking about it "as an investment " or something that's a possible source of enrichment. Research, read, learn, and feed your brain more about the technical details about Bitcoin. From that, I'm very confident that you will truly learn why it's the break-through/revolutionary leap of the century for distributed systems.

Satoshi Nakamoto should win a Noble Prize for Economics and a Turing Award for inventing Bitcoin.

I know that a lot of folks quibble with the idea of bitcoin as an investment, but the problem is that it is an investment and not just some technical mumbo jumbo.

Sure the technical aspects of bitcoin support it in terms of how valuable that bitcoin is as an investment, yet I cannot see how it is helpful to stop using such terms in order to better help people in regards to how they are going to invest their time, energies and/or value. .which some of that should be into bitcoin. .and surely they may likely have to consider other kinds of investments that they have in order to figure out some kind of a balance because even with bitcoin, it is likely better not to put all of our assets into bitcoin, since many of us still likely need to make sure that we are balanced in fiat systems, so we likely have to continue to make sure that we do not get reckt because we failed/refused to adequately keep a sufficient amount of value in various fiat systems... how are we getting paid and how are we paying our expenses?  are some of those expenses discretionary or are they needed in basic kinds of ways such as food, lodging, transportation and other needs/wants that we might have.

Ser, please get the context of my post by reading Samlucky's post.

Samlucky said,

I understand your thought and what you really mean, but I was just trying to be specific on the importance of Bitcoin over the other forms of investment. You know each time I hear people speak of Bitcoin, it sparks up my minds and want to talk and emphasis on it, for people to know the importance of Bitcoin. because I just feel like any discussion without Bitcoin is like I am not adding something to my Brian or not reminding my self of what I have chose over other investment. Not that I don't know that you just listed the other forms of investment but I was just trying to still let you know how important Bitcoin  investment is still important than the other investment.

"Importance of Bitcoin" plus he wants to talk more about Bitcoin to add something to his brain. I believe he's suggesting that he wants to learn more too.

What is the actual importance of Bitcoin? If we merely talk about it as something that "will make people gain more from their investment", especially people who have yet to actually learn anything about it, it might sound like a Ponzi to those people, no?

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Barikui1

Activity: 182
Merit: 119

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 03:05:16 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2024, 06:27:14 PM by Barikui1

Yes, that's right, when someone wants to invest in bitcoin, there are definitely many ways to buy it. Starting from lump sum purchases (Lumsump), to periodic purchases (DCA). So basically there is no need to be confused about this. Because the main purpose of purchasing bitcoin is of course to add to your portfolio. So whatever purchasing method you choose, the results will definitely not be much different. Moreover, if the aim of buying Bitcoin is to use it as a long-term investment, in my opinion if you want to use the Lumsump or DCA technique the results will definitely be the same.

I totally disagree with you here, purchasing Bitcoin through the lumsump strategy and the DCA method can never give the same results, the lumsump strategy is way more profitable because you are only buying the dip and hold, which means you can get a very large amount of Bitcoin at a very cheap rate, compared to DCA that you can even buy at an expensive rate most times. what makes the DCA method special is that as an investor that don't have much capital, you are able to buy at your own comfort bit by bit, monthly or weekly and you don't have to wait for the deep for you to buy, because most times that deep you are actually waiting for may not come again, since no body knows the lowest possible deep this time around, so it's mainly good at accumulating large amount of Bitcoin over time.

adultcrypto

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2024, 04:38:09 PM

I totally disagree with you here, purchasing Bitcoin through the lumsump strategy and the DCA method can never give the same results, the lumsump strategy is way more profitable because you are only buying the dip and hold, which means you can get a very large amount of Bitcoin at a very cheap rate, compared to DCA that you can even buy at an expensive rate most times. what makes the DCA method special is that as an investor that don't have much capital, you are able to buy at your own comfort bit by bit, monthly or weekly and you don't have to wait for the deep for you to buy, because most times that deep you are actually waiting for my not come again, since no body knows the lowest possible deep this time around, so it's mainly good at accumulating large amount of Bitcoin over time.
I equally disagree with you that lumpsum buying gives more profits. Have you thought about missing opportunities and FOMO that is common with lumpsum buying? You will agree with me that it is difficult if not impossible to determine the true dip, this is why most people who wait for the dip often experiences missed opportunities. Using the DCA method on the other hand, does not really require the waiting and possible missing of opportunities. I will give you some examples. Instead of arguing which gives more profit, I think we should be focused on how best we can apply that which is suitable to us, I mean our preferred method of collecting bitcoin.

There was a time bitcoin stayed around $26k for a long time. Those that buy the dip will be waiting for the dip here while those using DCA will be collecting a lot of bitcoin at this price. Bitcoin never gave any shock before price left this zone to the $29k to $30k area. Those buying the dips might either miss the opportunity or buy tiny fraction of their budget. Same scenario played out in the $36k and even when price crossed $39k.

It is therefore very clear that the DCA method can be very useful and highly profitable in most cases even when price is in a range or in downtrend. It is also important to emphasize that the method of buying is a matter of individual choice and so long as the purchase is for long term holding, it is absolutely profitable. 

Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... 404 »
  Print  

Jump to: