Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76059 times)
Tmoonz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 02:27:26 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2024, 11:04:46 AM by Tmoonz

We are analyzing the price change of Bitcoin, we determine when the right time for buying Bitcoin. I think it is the point of this thread. CMIIW

Mate, I totally disagree with you on this, and that really sound mixed up regarding to the concept of this thread, thou am new but have been observant to an extend and am also opened for corrections if am wrong about this,  the topic of discussion is based upon a presumption of various strategies of accumulating Bitcoin for long term holding or investment plan of about 4 to 10 years or even longer which creates a better opportunity of experiencing compounding of your invested value. Purchase can be made through dca (installment buying on intervals) or lump sum(buying at once or in bulk) where the dip should be seen as an advantage of accumulating more Bitcoin in your portfolio. Secondly, talking about when the right time for buying Bitcoin has also been addressed @JJG that the first right time was yesterday and the second right or best time is today and this brings to every Bitcoin antispator that procrastination ever buying Bitcoin or the person asking on the right time to buy that the right time is never tomorrow.

Even if am not that correct in my expression but i don't think what @lalabotax said above is actually the point of this thread. We are not analyzing price change of Bitcoin neither are we talking about when the right time to buy Bitcoin, rather what we are talking is the various strategies of accumulating Bitcoin and hodl for long term purposes.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 02:32:48 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2024, 01:37:12 PM by Mayor of ogba

Personally, and in my own opinion, we plebs shouldn't treat our little/limited capital like it's Warren Buffett's billions that needs to be "diversified". It will slow down our ROI plus it's probably not needed. Diversification is made to protect capital and control risks because their billions has more to lose in every small market move. For us plebs, if we truly want to make life-changing profit, then, only my personal opinion, we should take more risks and concentrate capital to just one investment that we can have strong conviction to HODL long term. If you ask me, it's a golden opportunity to buy and HODL Bitcoin. Cool
No, we don't treat our capital like Warren Buffett's or other rich people. We try to arrange our capital to invest in Bitcoin. If we make a profit, we can give more portion to invest in Bitcoin while we can also think about adding more investment so we can increase our investment portfolio. That will give us more profit in the future because we can have many investment and not just in Bitcoin.

We can take more risks but we should not break our limit on handling the risks and only take the risk that we can afford. That is one thing that we must remember in investing. If they don't want to confuse handling many investment, yes he can use one investment that he can HODL long term. That means, he can focus on buy and HODL Bitcoin.

We always suggest to HODL Bitcoin to all people because we know that Bitcoin can give a big profit in the future.
According to @Wind_FURY becoming a pleb literally means an average income earner, in this case trying to diversify one's investment as a pleb should not be recommended. An average income earner has little after much separation of funds for his survival then in what amount can he split up the money to invest. His solid interest should be to maximize his ROI dependetly on one investment that is worth the risk.

As a pleb, it will be much convenient to hold Bitcoin instead of any other substitute due to the motion of continuity and a good amount of profit as long we continue to hold.
Bitcoin is one of the best investments, if not the best. As a pleb, it is not good to diversify your investment while accumulating bitcoin. There will not be enough funds to use for diversification because you will be keeping money for an emergency fund that you will use to solve any unforeseen financial problems that might come up. But when you have accumulated the amount of bitcoin you want, you can now diversify your investment by investing in different assets, such as properties, and commodities, so that you will have another option of making money to sort your financial problems out while you keep holding your bitcoin for the long term.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 04:27:47 AM

I think you are getting something wrong here. Bitcoin is the crypto itself. Every other coins you see today were built around bitcoin. Many people only know bitcoin when they hear the word crypto. There are people out there today who doesn't know that other coins exist, so when they hear about crypto the first thing that comes to their mind is bitcoin. Bitcoin is the crypto currency, if you are not aware of this know it today. If he had mentioned alt coins then you can say he is referring to other coins. So @Michelle is not talking out of point when he used the  word crypto. If you see a newbie that has no knowledge about bitcoin investment, ask him or her what is crypto, I bet you the person will mention bitcoin.
We are analyzing the price change of Bitcoin, we determine when the right time for buying Bitcoin. I think it is the point of this thread.
The point of this thread is not to analyze the price change of bitcoin, just as @Tmoonz told you. The point of this thread is to buy bitcoin and hold it for the long term using the DCA strategy so that you do not want to time the market before you can start accumulating your bitcoin, which can delay your bitcoin accumulation journey. With the DCA strategy, you can accumulate your bitcoin even when the bitcoin price is increasing or decreasing because you will be buying at regular intervals.

Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 04:35:19 AM

We are analyzing the price change of Bitcoin, we determine when the right time for buying Bitcoin. I think it is the point of this thread. CMIIW

Mate, I totally disagree with you on this, and that really sound mixed up regarding to the concept of this thread, thou am new but have been observant to an extend and am also opened for corrections if am wrong about this,  the topic of discussion is based upon a presumption of various strategies of accumulating Bitcoin for long term holding or investment plan of about 4 to 10 years or even longer which creates a better opportunity of experiencing compounding of your invested value. Purchase can be made through dca (installment buying on intervals) or lump sum(buying at once or in bulk) where the dip should be seen as an advantage of accumulating more Bitcoin in your portfolio. Secondly, talking about when the right time for buying Bitcoin has also been addressed @JJG that the first right time was yesterday and the second right or best time is today and this brings to every Bitcoin antispator that procrastination ever buying Bitcoin or the person asking on the right time to buy that the right time is never tomorrow.

Even if am not that correct in my expression but i don't think what @lalabotax said above is actually the point of this thread.
You have spoken well and i like what you have said. You may seem new here, but it doesn't mean you have little understanding to investing in bitcoin. The main reason i take time to read through everyone's comment before jumping into replying is that i see each other's contribution valid. I make my own research and compare them before putting them into actions. What we just need sometimes is a little argument and discussion, most times it holds the solution to what we want.

We have been discussing about various of accumulating bitcoin, strategy to use for a long time in this thread but only few persons have bought bitcoin. I won't be surprised that most persons here just say things for saying purpose without actions. They don't have any fraction of bitcoin yest they talk about dca every day. I don't blame them because the knowledge came too easy to them, so they don't value it. There are thousands of people outside these walls wishing they can find somewhere that would give them the information about bitcoin investment.  I was discussing with my friend yesterday and i told him bruhh, this is the best time we can get bitcoin i see it going to 500k in a decade. I dont know why i had so much conviction but thisis reality and it will happen. Think for the unexpected when you are hodl.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Fuso.hp

Activity: 434
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 05:59:17 AM
Merited by AirtelBuzz (2)

DCA strategy is one the best strategy in bitcoin investment.An investor that wants to be successful in bitcoin investment must adopt the DCA strategy

No doubt, dca strategy has enormous benefits as regards to Bitcoin investment the reason why it dominates the thread, but on the contrary a lump sum buyer can as well be successful in his Bitcoin investment,  in my opinion that lump sum buying can as well leads to significant returns, you can actually set up a portfolio through the lump sum buying and allow it to grow. the very best strategy is any of the strategy that allows an investor to hodl his investment and sleep well at night, whether it is dca or lump sum, the main factor to be successful or not in Bitcoin investment is the ability to hodl long term to take advantage of it's comp youounding value,the right strategy is unique to every investor that is why it is of great importance for any investor to tailor their strategy to their own risk tolerance and financial situation as well as their own conviction level to prevent a situation that could lead to emotional decision and selling too soon.
 My point is that dca is not a must to be successful in Bitcoin investment according to @Fiasem20
DCA is a strategy that people use to diversify their investments.
I disagree with you; the DCA strategy is never used in diversifying investments. The DCA is a strategy that is used to accumulate bitcoin at regular intervals, and it will also help to control the volatility of bitcoin in your bitcoin investment. Also, with the DCA strategy, an investor can use 10% or 20% of his salary, depending on the amount he or she receives weekly or monthly, to consistently accumulate bitcoin.
The DCA investment method is definitely not a pressure for the investor but the DCA investment method is the easiest and most effective strategy for the investor to increase his investment. In DCA investment strategy an investor can invest 10%, 20% or any amount of his income as he wants. It is entirely up to the investor how much of his salary he invests regularly.  
In this type of investment method the investor usually feels very light on investment and can maintain his investment continuity with great ease. At one time investing was a bit difficult but since investors know about the DCA investment strategy, they now find it much easier to invest. In DCA investment strategy now no one is deprived of investment but those who are interested to invest can invest.  

If an investor wants to invest in the DCA method, an investor can do it weekly and if he wants to do it monthly, and if the investor wants to invest in the DCA method every day, he can invest in the DCA method every day.

I think you are getting something wrong here. Bitcoin is the crypto itself. Every other coins you see today were built around bitcoin. Many people only know bitcoin when they hear the word crypto. There are people out there today who doesn't know that other coins exist, so when they hear about crypto the first thing that comes to their mind is bitcoin. Bitcoin is the crypto currency, if you are not aware of this know it today. If he had mentioned alt coins then you can say he is referring to other coins. So @Michelle is not talking out of point when he used the  word crypto. If you see a newbie that has no knowledge about bitcoin investment, ask him or her what is crypto, I bet you the person will mention bitcoin.
What do you mean by saying 'Bitcoin is crypto'?
Everyone knows that Bitcoin is one of crypto coins. However, if we are talking about crypto, it will be a general matter. We are here talking about a specific thing, it is about Bitcoin. Sure, all altcoins can't be separated from Bitcoin, they are always depending on the trend of Bitcoin. But here, we aren't discussing about the correlation among crypto coins. We are analyzing the price change of Bitcoin, we determine when the right time for buying Bitcoin. I think it is the point of this thread. CMIIW

Bitcoin is a crypto currency and Bitcoin is a crypto currency. There are many coins in the market but investors always keep Bitcoin in the first list of choice to invest. Bitcoin is the most reliable platform for investment. Investors will always prefer those coins in which the risk is very low as well as those in which a good profit can be expected after long-term investment. The difference between Bitcoin and other coins can be easily found, other coins are directly dependent on the Bitcoin market, that is, all other coins in the market change in proportion to the way in which the Bitcoin market changes.  As much as Bitcoin is discussed in the market, I think all the other coins combined would not equal the discussion.  

There are many of us members who have come to know about Bitcoin before the crypto currency. As long as I have been investing and learning about Bitcoin, I have come to know that Bitcoin is one of the most reliable coins in the market and no other coin compares to long term investment.

We are analyzing the price change of Bitcoin, we determine when the right time for buying Bitcoin. I think it is the point of this thread.
The point of this thread is not to analyze the price change of bitcoin, just as @Tmoonz told you. The point of this thread is to buy bitcoin and hold it for the long term using the DCA strategy so that you do not want to time the market before you can start accumulating your bitcoin, which can delay your bitcoin accumulation journey. With the DCA strategy, you can accumulate your bitcoin even when the bitcoin price is increasing or decreasing because you will be buying at regular intervals.
All of the discussions in this topic are about holding your own investments for the long term as well as the DCA investment strategy. While there are discussions about investing in Bitcoin and holding it for the long term, the discussions that are made are much more informative and practical. If a person reads these discussions regularly, he will be left with nothing to know about his investments and will easily go a few steps further in holding his investments for a long time. Through the discussions that take place on this topic, each member is able to know and learn from each other directly and indirectly.
Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 161

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 07:46:39 AM

Even though technically you are correct that "bitcoin" is a subsection of "crypto," you better not be using that word unless you are clear about what the fuck you are talking about.  
Alright Sir, I will do exactly as you have advised. I will be mindful of how I use the word henceforth.

If you mean to talk about bitcoin, then use the term bitcoin, and if you are talking about something other than bitcoin, then say that, but you better not be using the term "crypto" if you are talking about bitcoin, because either you are 1) being vague and ambiguous in regards to what you are talking about, 2) you are trying to sound smart for no good reason, 3) you are (either purposefully or inadvertently) deceiving and misleading people (perhaps even innocent people) in regards to either what is bitcoin or what you are talking about.
Oh I see, thanks for pointing these things out to me. Though I never thought about it this way, but after reading your post I have come to realize that you are saying the right thing. Knowledge is never one sided, and it doesn't really matter what I was trying to say, even though my intent wasn't to mislead people, that doesn't mean that I should be ignorant of the points you have just highlighted above. As one of your students and someone who looks up to you, am always happy whenever am being corrected by you. This simply shows that you want others to grow.

Every other coins you see today were built around bitcoin.

That part is true.
😊

Many people only know bitcoin when they hear the word crypto.
Even if that is true, that does not excuse you for using vague, misleading and/or pretentious language.
I will never use such vague language again.

There are people out there today who doesn't know that other coins exist, so when they hear about crypto the first thing that comes to their mind is bitcoin.

There are also a lot of shitcoiners who purposefully use vague ass language in order to make it seem that their coin is the same as bitcoin, so if you are talking about bitcoin, it is better that you make it clear rather than making the same mistake that others make..
Yes Sir, you are saying the truth and I cannot dey this fact. There are who will always hide under pretence of something that's legitimate and device people. Hence the need to be specific with out language.

So the mere fact that other people (even smart people) speak dumbly and use such dumb and misleading language does not mean that you or any of us in this thread (or forum for that matter) should speculate that we should be able to get away with using such... if we are talking about bitcoin, then what is so difficult to use the term in order to clarify what you are talking about?
Truth be told there is nothing difficult to use the word bitcoin. There is need to be clear with terms, so that  others won't interpret it differently.

There is probably nothing wrong with using the term "crypto" as long as you are clear about what you are saying, even if we might not agree with you and even if we might not agree whether or not you are on topic.  

I, personally, get aggravated when the term "crypto" or "cryptocurrency" is either used without any context or it is used in such a way that it is either unclear whether bitcoin is included in the description or the term might be being used as a substitute for bitcoin, and if you wanted to say bitcoin, then why not just use the correct term instead of saying "crypto" or "crypto currency," in order that way more people actually know what you are talking about?

I totally understand everything you have said so far and I will be more specific with my terms when next am talking. Being specific with terms will be more beneficial to the targeted audience.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2024, 07:51:04 AM

Maybe some forget about hodling is different on trading since they think if they can wait for a dip on bitcoin then they can possibly earn a lot of profit. But they fail to realize that what if they can't find the dip that they are waiting for and they always doubt about the dump happen then for sure they would miss a lot of opportunity to buy. So instead of stressing up their selves and want to make their hodl journey successful then much better if they just forget about the trading aspects of bitcoin and they should focus to learn how they can execute the DCA method or just buy bitcoin when they feel that they are ready to accumulate for hodl purposes. If they are worried about it since they have small capital then over time for little by little accumulating for sure their balances will grow.

DanWalker

Activity: 1918
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 09:42:23 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Maybe some forget about hodling is different on trading since they think if they can wait for a dip on bitcoin then they can possibly earn a lot of profit. But they fail to realize that what if they can't find the dip that they are waiting for and they always doubt about the dump happen then for sure they would miss a lot of opportunity to buy. So instead of stressing up their selves and want to make their hodl journey successful then much better if they just forget about the trading aspects of bitcoin and they should focus to learn how they can execute the DCA method or just buy bitcoin when they feel that they are ready to accumulate for hodl purposes. If they are worried about it since they have small capital then over time for little by little accumulating for sure their balances will grow.

I know some people in my locality didn't buy bitcoin when it dropped to 20k-15k$ in 2022 because they waited for it to drop to 12k-10k$. And the irony is that up to now bitcoin has increased to more than 50 thousand dollars in their regret but they are still waiting and have not bought any bitcoin. They are still desperately waiting that there will be a black swan that causes bitcoin to plummet again.

If they are not greedy and do not put pressure on themselves, and they use the DCA strategy from 2022 until now. I bet they are making significant profits and sleeping soundly because they bought bitcoin at the most ideal price using the DCA strategy.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Troytech

Merit: 112

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 10:10:59 AM

The reason to NOT diversify when you don't have very much investment tends to revolve around that it is not necessary.

The reason that people tend to diversify is to take risk out of their holdings, especially if the size of their investment portfolio starts to grow to significant sizes, so if you are just starting out you may well not need to diversify, and also you may not need to diversify beyond cash and bitcoin until after you might build your BTC investment up to a size that you start to feel uncomfortable having too much in bitcoin and/or cash and nothing else... but there are some folks who choose not to diversify beyond bitcoin and cash, and that is not completely wrong, even though it could have some problems by not having a bit more value spread out, especially once your investment portfolio might start to become the size of several years of your income/expenses.

In the bitcoin (and/or crypto) space, the use of the term "diversify" is frequently used to wrongly proclaim that people need to get into shitcoins, and sometimes it is misleading in regards to the concept of diversifying across asset classes rather than within the same asset class, which surely in the "cryptospace" bitcoin is the leading asset so it hardly makes any sense to diversify within the asset class to other assets within the same class, unless you might want to limit such exposure to a small amount .. or maybe if you are just distracted and you don't know what the fuck is bitcoin, then you might conclude that there is some value in buying shitcoins.

Another misleading part of diversification seems to be that some folks want to argue diversification for the mere sake of diversifying, but they have no clue about the reason why they are diversifying, and if they end up doiong that, then likely they are just diluting their investment, and it is worse in the case of people who might not have a lot that they are able to invest... so if those people with small amounts to invest end up diversifying (or overly diversifying) then they are not able to advantage for their knowing a good asset such as bitcoin and they end up not putting enough into bitcoin and putting way too much into crap and they are not starting out with much value in the first place.. whether we are talking about $10 per week or $100 per week or some other relatively small value amount.

The way is see it I think that most newbies that feel the need to diversify have not understood the value of bitcoin as an asset, and most of them think in terms of the more asset the more safe I am, but they fail to understand that having little value in many asset is a waste of time and they miss out on compounding value of bitcoin, what newbies need to see is that having value in one asset like bitcoin would be better than diversifying.

And I think it's good to only diversify when you have enough cash and income value to mange it, most newbies have very little cash and income and still want to diversify, there by reducing their allocation to bitcoin and would not end up meeting a goal of having a substantial amount of bitcoin within 4-5 years which should be a first stage of maturity of their investment.

348Judah

Activity: 700
Merit: 521

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 11:04:35 AM

Even if am not that correct in my expression but i don't think what @lalabotax said above is actually the point of this thread.

Guyz, wait a little bit, this is not an argument that we are going to get paid for or something, we need to understand each everyone's point of view, when i go through what both of you are saying, i see a close similarity in them, just that you're not seeing the correlation, this is bitcointalk, everyone is permitted to talk and say his own, we are here making discussions on bitcoin and from what you can see on OP thread title, it's says, buy the dip and hodl, now it's over to you all to give your own opinions, make discussions and give your best contribution on how you've seen the opportunity in buying to hold, this start with the strategy to be used, when to buy, how to buy and where to store and as well as for how long should one buy the dip and hold, many of these have to do with how we can make our personal research and understand how to go about it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Tmoonz

Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 11:27:03 AM

Guyz, wait a little bit, this is not an argument that we are going to get paid for or something, we need to understand each everyone's point of view, when i go through what both of you are saying, i see a close similarity in them, just that you're not seeing the correlation, this is bitcointalk, everyone is permitted to talk and say his own, we are here making discussions on bitcoin and from what you can see on OP thread title, it's says, buy the dip and hodl, now it's over to you all to give your own opinions, make discussions and give your best contribution on how you've seen the opportunity in buying to hold, this start with the strategy to be used, when to buy, how to buy and where to store and as well as for how long should one buy the dip and hold, many of these have to do with how we can make our personal research and understand how to go about it.

@348judah Am not seeing any relationship between what you have just said now and the sentence @lalabotax assumption of being the topic of this thread.but come to think of what he said, are we analyzing the price change of Bitcoin in this thread? Are we determing when to buy Bitcoin in this thread? Am waiting to see response as regards to this.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 182
Merit: 24

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 11:44:21 AM

We understand that there are other investment portfolios that one could consider outside Bitcoin but the truth is that our focus here is Bitcoin and how to make the most of it. There is therefore no basis for this comparison because even the forum is Bitcoin focused. Instead of the comparison, we could channel the energy on how to collect more Bitcoin as the future is already looking so bright.

We are not actually considering investment for quick profits like trading which is what your post sounds like. As the title of the thread said, we are discussing long term investment and in that aspect, the dip is seen as an opportunity to buy more for those using lump sum or collect more Bitcoin for the same dollar value for those using the DCA method. Whatever be the case, a long term investor is not really perturbed by price fluctuations or dips because every market condition is an opportunity to accomplish something.

Your hundred percent correct, allot of provision is already at hand to enable people who are willing to venture into the investment comparison is way of dispiring the available opportunity, buy and hold of Bitcoin either through DCA is a better way to go ,I prefer the method of prolonged holding because it's of more confident and profiting no matter the nature of the market it will surely bounce on your favour. Deraying from the centre focus which is Bitcoin can't aid any improvement, one can't totally isolate risk but risk in Bitcoin is minimal compare to many losses encounter in some investment mostly when it comes to do with shiltcoin, Bitcoin holding still the best.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Miles2006

Merit: 149

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 02:22:01 PM

I know some people in my locality didn't buy bitcoin when it dropped to 20k-15k$ in 2022 because they waited for it to drop to 12k-10k$. And the irony is that up to now bitcoin has increased to more than 50 thousand dollars in their regret but they are still waiting and have not bought any bitcoin. They are still desperately waiting that there will be a black swan that causes bitcoin to plummet again.

If they are not greedy and do not put pressure on themselves, and they use the DCA strategy from 2022 until now. I bet they are making significant profits and sleeping soundly because they bought bitcoin at the most ideal price using the DCA strategy.
I wonder what's triggering the argument about bitcoin and wanting to make fast profit by all means, is this even necessary to some extend cause why will anyone think of such and wanting the price to fall. Sometimes people like this can be greedy but the mindset also matters that's why people should have a clearer meaning of bitcoin and differentiate bitcoin from other investments including shitcoins. I believe the price of bitcoin will not fall extremely low as most people think, that time has passed so they should just accept the reality and invest now cause now is never too late but comparing it to the past still hurts especially for newly investors like me.

I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 03:59:03 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), DanWalker (1)

I wonder what's triggering the argument about bitcoin and wanting to make fast profit by all means, is this even necessary to some extend cause why will anyone think of such and wanting the price to fall. Sometimes people like this can be greedy but the mindset also matters that's why people should have a clearer meaning of bitcoin and differentiate bitcoin from other investments including shitcoins. I believe the price of bitcoin will not fall extremely low as most people think, that time has passed so they should just accept the reality and invest now cause now is never too late but comparing it to the past still hurts especially for newly investors like me.

Greed is one of the common emotions in this space mostly when it comes to investing or trading. But our discussion here is mainly about  investing in bitcoin so let me put trading aside. Many people still lack that knowledge that procastinating would do you No good  mostly when it comes to  investing in bitcoin. Some would be like let the price dip to certain amount before I would consider investing on it (bitcoin). And the price endup undergoing a dip, due to greed they would want it to dip more before investing and shockying to them that may be the dip it may undergo before it (bitcoin) surge in price massively. Buying the dip and all that is good and epic but hoping for the dip always like you are the one controlling the market may lead to you missing out countless times, and also cause infrequent accumulation of Bitcoin which may lead to one having a low quantity of bitcoin (expecially those who are new in investing in bitcoin).

I Keep on saying this if you are the  type that is always trying to prove that you are patients in waiting for a massive dip in market before accumulating bitcoin, (when you should have exercise that same  patients in holding Bitcoin) try and also use DCAing to back things up to avoid any chances of you missing out. Because waiting without having any bitcoin In your portfolio, is just waste that shows that you are not ready to invest on it. So those that have such mindset and you this forum and also engaged in discussion in thread please try and adjust such mindset and start accumulating some bitcoin in your portfolio nothing small use DCA method to build a good and mature portfolio.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 06:01:20 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2024, 06:12:43 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by DanWalker (1)

Of course, we cannot really know for sure; however between mid-June 2022 and mid-October 2023, bitcoin prices spent a lot of time below the 200-week moving average, and it even got into 35% below the 200-WMA at its lowest price point, and during that time, the 200-WMA moved up its lowest rate ever,  which was right around 20% annualized and $22.2k to $28.2k in actual dollar value for those 16 months.  

Likely into the future the 200-week WMA is going to continue to have depreciating quantities of increases, but it still is largely measuring the average BTC price over 4 years periods of time.. and is continuously moving up and continuing to serve a a pretty strong measure of bitcoin's bottom.. .so it becomes both unrealistic to expect BTC prices to go below the 200-week moving average and/or to stay below the 200-week moving average for very long and also to even expect spiking quantities that are 20% to 30% below the 200-WMA seems quite unrealistic, even if we did end up having that one time experience so far in bitcoin's 15 year history (but maybe just sticking with it's around 13.5 year price history).

In other words, they can wait around all that they like in a fantasy world in which their waiting around largely shows that they are NOT sufficiently understanding what they are waiting for and how they are measuring realistic scenarios.. even the buying opportunties that likely come when the BTC price is anywhere even near the 200-week moving average.. which had been a pretty reliable bottom prior to June 2022.

You can see bitcoin's spot price comparisons to the 200-WMA at this website.

Of course, there can be some additional value when buying bitcoin at relatively low prices, and surely some people ONLY have DCA as their resourceful way to buy bitcoin or anything else because they do not have any ability to lump sum their investment, yet I would not consider DCA investing into bitcoin to ONLY be productive in terms of buying during dips, especially since historically we have seen that even those people who felt that they had overpaid for bitcoin they end up profiting down the road, and surely DCA is going to continue to level out their average cost per BTC whether the BTC price goes up or it goes down, there can end up being a dogged and ongoing accumulation of BTC, in which there are a lot of benefits to just continuing to buy, even if your cost per BTC is higher than some folks who had been able to time the market and/or maybe they got lucky and they bought some BTC, but then they stopped buying...

The longer the timeline, the more that DCA can show itself as paying off, and works especially for folks who either do not have any kind of savings/investments but they have discretionary income or those folks who are nervous about saving and/or investing into anything, so a DCA approach can be amongst the only (if not the best) ways to get them comfortable to set aside some of their discretionary income.

[edited out]
The way is see it I think that most newbies that feel the need to diversify have not understood the value of bitcoin as an asset, and most of them think in terms of the more asset the more safe I am, but they fail to understand that having little value in many asset is a waste of time and they miss out on compounding value of bitcoin, what newbies need to see is that having value in one asset like bitcoin would be better than diversifying.

As long as they stay in bitcoin, they still get the compounding, but the compounding is with such a small amount of value that it is difficult to see that it is making a difference.

So someone who invests $100 per week for 10 years into bitcoin starts to see compounding in his at a much higher actual values than someone who invests $10 per week, but the percentage of compounding is the same, but it is more difficult for the lower amount guy to see it in terms of actual numbers.. even though on a percentage basis the returns and the compounding would be the same.  You can plug those kinds of numbers into our earlier examples.

So maybe if we start out with a BTC price of $55k, and we anticipate that the BTC price will go up about 8% per year and the amount that we invest goes up 20% each year (meaning the first year is $10 week  and then the next year is $12 per week and then the next year is $14.40 per week, then the next 10 years might look like this:
[First example]
Date   BTC_Price   Weekly$Amt   $Invst/Yr   RunTotal$Invst   BTC/Yr   TotalBTC   Total$Value
1/14/25   $59,999.40   $10.00   $520.00   $520.00   0.00900009   0.00900009   $540.00
1/14/26   $64,799.35   $12.00   $624.00   $1,144.00   0.01000010   0.01900019   $1,231.20
1/14/27   $69,983.30   $14.40   $748.80   $1,892.80   0.01111122   0.03011141   $2,107.30
1/15/28   $75,581.96   $17.28   $898.56   $2,791.36   0.01234580   0.04245721   $3,209.00
1/14/29   $81,628.52   $20.74   $1,078.27   $3,869.63   0.01371756   0.05617477   $4,585.46
1/14/30   $88,158.80   $24.88   $1,293.93   $5,163.56   0.01524173   0.07141650   $6,295.99
1/14/31   $95,211.51   $29.86   $1,552.71   $6,716.27   0.01693526   0.08835176   $8,412.10
1/15/32   $102,828.43   $35.83   $1,863.25   $8,579.52   0.01881695   0.10716871   $11,019.99
1/14/33   $111,054.70   $43.00   $2,235.90   $10,815.43   0.02090772   0.12807644   $14,223.49
1/14/34   $119,939.08   $51.60   $2,683.09   $13,498.51   0.02323081   0.15130724   $18,147.65

and so part of the assumption would be that the guy who has the $100 per week could choose to put it ONLY into bitcoin and/or cash.. or he could divide it into 3 parts or 5 parts or 10 parts, and so then he has just diluted his bitcoin investment, and hopefully he chooses something good to invest into, even though if we have already identified what we believe to be a good divestment, then why would be want to dilute our investment by investing into inferior investments.. unless we were to have the same level of feeling towards each, and this is especially true with people who do not have a lot of disposable income to work with.. meaning that either their income is not high or their expenses might be close to the level of their income.

And I think it's good to only diversify when you have enough cash and income value to mange it, most newbies have very little cash and income and still want to diversify, there by reducing their allocation to bitcoin and would not end up meeting a goal of having a substantial amount of bitcoin within 4-5 years which should be a first stage of maturity of their investment.

Yep.. exactly.  In almost any scenario, if someone is a newbie, even after 4-5 years, it might be difficult to see a lot of progress... and that may well not be very important since it could well be the case that compounding is already starting to kick in, but it is harder to see until it might have had folded over on itself several times.. which again is not guaranteed, but that compounding, doubling and/or folding in on itself tends to be a product of several years and it becomes more and more amazing the longer that you stay into an investment.. and at some point down the road, you would be able start to drawing very large values from the investment relative to your earliest contributions.. so guys who might have had been contributing $10 to $100 per week into their investment in their earlier years would later able to draw a lot more.

Even if we plot out the same presumptions from the earlier example of 8% per year average BTC price appreciation and increasing our contributions 20% each year.. we still might feel that we are plodding along.. and we might feel that we are having trouble really seeing progress.

Date   BTC_Price   Weekly$Amt   $Invst/Yr   RunTotal$Invst   BTC/Yr   TotalBTC   Total$Value   #Yrs
1/14/25   $59,999.40   $10.00   $520.00   $520.00   0.00900009   0.00900009   $540.00   1
1/14/26   $64,799.35   $12.00   $624.00   $1,144.00   0.01000010   0.01900019   $1,231.20   2
1/14/27   $69,983.30   $14.40   $748.80   $1,892.80   0.01111122   0.03011141   $2,107.30   3
1/15/28   $75,581.96   $17.28   $898.56   $2,791.36   0.01234580   0.04245721   $3,209.00   4
1/14/29   $81,628.52   $20.74   $1,078.27   $3,869.63   0.01371756   0.05617477   $4,585.46   5
1/14/30   $88,158.80   $24.88   $1,293.93   $5,163.56   0.01524173   0.07141650   $6,295.99   6
1/14/31   $95,211.51   $29.86   $1,552.71   $6,716.27   0.01693526   0.08835176   $8,412.10   7
1/15/32   $102,828.43   $35.83   $1,863.25   $8,579.52   0.01881695   0.10716871   $11,019.99   8
1/14/33   $111,054.70   $43.00   $2,235.90   $10,815.43   0.02090772   0.12807644   $14,223.49   9
1/14/34   $119,939.08   $51.60   $2,683.09   $13,498.51   0.02323081   0.15130724   $18,147.65   10
1/14/35   $129,534.20   $61.92   $3,219.70   $16,718.22   0.02581201   0.17711925   $22,943.00   11
1/15/36   $139,896.94   $74.30   $3,863.64   $20,581.86   0.02868001   0.20579926   $28,790.69   12
1/14/37   $151,088.70   $89.16   $4,636.37   $25,218.23   0.03186667   0.23766593   $35,908.64   13
1/14/38   $163,175.79   $106.99   $5,563.65   $30,781.88   0.03540742   0.27307335   $44,558.96   14
1/14/39   $176,229.86   $128.39   $6,676.38   $37,458.26   0.03934157   0.31241492   $55,056.84   15
1/15/40   $190,328.24   $154.07   $8,011.65   $45,469.91   0.04371286   0.35612778   $67,781.17   16
1/14/41   $205,554.50   $184.88   $9,613.98   $55,083.89   0.04856984   0.40469762   $83,187.42   17
1/14/42   $221,998.86   $221.86   $11,536.78   $66,620.67   0.05396649   0.45866411   $101,822.91   18
1/14/43   $239,758.77   $266.23   $13,844.13   $80,464.80   0.05996277   0.51862688   $124,345.34   19
1/15/44   $258,939.47   $319.48   $16,612.96   $97,077.76   0.06662530   0.58525218   $151,544.89   20
1/14/45   $279,654.63   $383.38   $19,935.55   $117,013.31   0.07402811   0.65928029   $184,370.79   21
1/14/46   $302,027.00   $460.05   $23,922.66   $140,935.97   0.08225346   0.74153375   $223,963.22   22
1/14/47   $326,189.16   $552.06   $28,707.19   $169,643.17   0.09139273   0.83292648   $271,691.59   23
1/15/48   $352,284.30   $662.47   $34,448.63   $204,091.80   0.10154748   0.93447395   $329,200.50   24
1/14/49   $380,467.04   $794.97   $41,338.36   $245,430.16   0.11283053   1.04730448   $398,464.84   25
1/14/50   $410,904.40   $953.96   $49,606.03   $295,036.20   0.12536725   1.17267174   $481,855.98   26
1/14/51   $443,776.75   $1,144.75   $59,527.24   $354,563.44   0.13929695   1.31196869   $582,221.21   27
1/15/52   $479,278.90   $1,373.71   $71,432.69   $425,996.12   0.15477439   1.46674308   $702,979.00   28
1/14/53   $517,621.21   $1,648.45   $85,719.22   $511,715.35   0.17197154   1.63871462   $848,233.44   29
1/14/54   $559,030.90   $1,978.14   $102,863.07   $614,578.42   0.19107949   1.82979411   $1,022,911.46   30

And sure it could take a while for the starting to feel rich to play out, and sure maybe we are also expecting that there could be some explosive price moves to the UPside in bitcoin, even though maybe in our own planning, we attempt to prepare for more straight-line kinds of scenarios because they are easier to attempt to plan around (even though we know that the path is not going to necessarily be a straight-line exactly), while at the same time we may well also develop contingency plans regarding how to deal with other scenarios that might play out later down the road  (and the UPs and Downs along the way).. but in the mean time, we would stay focused on ongoingly, persistently and consistently accumulating BTC because we can see some level of aggressiveness and focus as a good way to be preparing for some of the unknown aspects of our future.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Justbillywitt

Merit: 161

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 09:13:56 PM

The truth is nobody can actually predict what will happen next in bitcoin price. Only what we know is the present and we shouldn't bother ourselves much about tomorrow, what the price will be. Everyone has the has the right to speculate about bitcoin price in the future, it's left for you to listen to them or not. But how I do my things, I don't really bother about things that doesn't matter at the present. Why bother what price will be tomorrow when one hasn't really maximize the opportunity we have today. One thing in bitcoin investment is to be open minded and brace yourself up for any market condition.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 615

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 09:20:54 PM

Targeting big profits in investments is normal and many of us want to achieve big profits someday. The twists and turns of our investment journey certainly have many obstacles and that is a struggle that we must go through to achieve success in Bitcoin investment. I also want to change my fate to live more frugally in order to be able to accumulate bitcoin more aggressively this year.

Halving is so close.
Even though our target is for long-term investment, we are of course waiting for the halving moment because it happens every 4 years. They would have made many achievements if they had invested early in Bitcoin because of every halving, of course they would have welcomed it with joy. The price issue is not something we want to talk about, but please know that this year's Bitcoin miners will get smaller rewards. from there, make the best possible use of the opportunity we have to keep buying and buying because there are only 21 million bitcoin. which will become increasingly rare because many are lost from circulation such as their owners passing away or they don't save their private key so they can't access their Btc holdings.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bitzizzix

Activity: 2366
Merit: 448

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 09:30:19 PM

The truth is nobody can actually predict what will happen next in bitcoin price. Only what we know is the present and we shouldn't bother ourselves much about tomorrow, what the price will be. Everyone has the has the right to speculate about bitcoin price in the future, it's left for you to listen to them or not. But how I do my things, I don't really bother about things that doesn't matter at the present. Why bother what price will be tomorrow when one hasn't really maximize the opportunity we have today. One thing in bitcoin investment is to be open minded and brace yourself up for any market condition.
And this is the function of running a DCA strategy because the price of Bitcoin is not easy to predict in the near future, but in the long term the price of Bitcoin will rise even if there is a decline.
Doing DCA doesn't require thinking about what the price of Bitcoin will be tomorrow, the day after, and so on and all it does is keep accumulating Bitcoin whatever the price. And with DCA we can minimize investment risks due to erratic market movements, and no one can predict Bitcoin prices accurately even if they are experts.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
jossiel

Activity: 2968
Merit: 632

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 11:07:18 PM

And this is the function of running a DCA strategy because the price of Bitcoin is not easy to predict in the near future, but in the long term the price of Bitcoin will rise even if there is a decline.
We may be able to speculate the price of it but if it's about predicting it properly and accurately, one thing we can say is that it's always been unpredictable.

Doing DCA doesn't require thinking about what the price of Bitcoin will be tomorrow, the day after, and so on and all it does is keep accumulating Bitcoin whatever the price. And with DCA we can minimize investment risks due to erratic market movements, and no one can predict Bitcoin prices accurately even if they are experts.
And it's just like you're free to do whatever you want. You have money? you buy. And even if you have money but you don't buy, then buy some other day or just totally don't buy at all.

That's one of the beauty of DCA.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10178

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 23, 2024, 11:21:56 PM

[edited out]

We cannot completely ignore tomorrow because what we do each month has to be figured out, especially if we might have goals to attempt to maximize our bitcoin accumulation while at the same time not putting ourselves into situations in which we are going to end up panicking down the road, whether that is just managing our monthly income versus our expenses and figuring out how many BTC we are going to be able to buy each week, or whatever our buying time periods might be.

Even the scenario that I had outlined that has projection of an 8% price appreciation can be looked at in terms of a 10 year time horizon or even a 30 year time horizon, and surely if we are figuring out where we might be within those various time periods, we might even create some charts that might attempt to project where we are at each month, and we can compare where we are at as compared to where we thought we would be and whether we are on a path that it is going to potentially get us to where we want to go.

And, maybe once we plot it out, we might not need to think about it every day.  Perhaps?

Sometimes in our early stages of BTC accumulation we spend a lot of time thinking about it, but maybe once we set up a decently solid plan, we just continue to plod away within the bounds of our plan and then reassess once a month or once a quarter or twice a year or some other comfortable period of time.

Targeting big profits in investments is normal and many of us want to achieve big profits someday. The twists and turns of our investment journey certainly have many obstacles and that is a struggle that we must go through to achieve success in Bitcoin investment. I also want to change my fate to live more frugally in order to be able to accumulate bitcoin more aggressively this year.

When I got started in bitcoin, I had projected out a 6% return per year, and surely it took more than 3 years before BTC prices were higher than my 6% per year projection.. because the BTC price corrected, and it took more than 3 years to get back to where I initially projected where the BTC price might be in 3 years... so I was largely wrong in my projection, but that meant that I accumulated way more bitcoin than I thought that I was going to be able to accumulate, and so even after the three years the BTC price ended up going up nearly another 15x and then correcting back down to something like 3x above my projected price point...

so one thing that could end up happening  is that the price goes up, and then you hope that the price goes up after you had been spending time accumulating, but even if it does not, if you still have confidence in the investment, you should still be ongoingly, persistently and consistently accumulating.. in order to help you towards accumulating more BTC..

and part of the reason that you do it ongoingly, persistently and consistently is because you do not know where the price is going to go.. or how long it might take to get there, but if you have a 4-10 year or longer investment time horizon, then you could still make progress, and surely if a price rise had not come in 4 years, then maybe you would keep buying and your time horizon continues to move out from each of your buys... and if your time gets shorter than 4 years, then maybe you stop buying or in some other way adjust your buying amounts downwardly in order to account for the fact that you no longer have a 4-year or longer investment time horizon.

Halving is so close.
Even though our target is for long-term investment, we are of course waiting for the halving moment because it happens every 4 years. They would have made many achievements if they had invested early in Bitcoin because of every halving, of course they would have welcomed it with joy. The price issue is not something we want to talk about, but please know that this year's Bitcoin miners will get smaller rewards. from there, make the best possible use of the opportunity we have to keep buying and buying because there are only 21 million bitcoin. which will become increasingly rare because many are lost from circulation such as their owners passing away or they don't save their private key so they can't access their Btc holdings.

I agree.  The halvening is a technological marvel.   And the fact that there are only 21 million BTC is a technological marvel, and we know that inevitably a lot of folks are losing access to their coins and are going to continue to lose access to their coins.. whether it is death and lack of properly passing them down or other ways that people lose their coins and the coins are gone forever into a donation towards everyone else who continue to hold coins.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Pages: « 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 [317] 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: