Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:49:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 399 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 76175 times)
Taskford

Activity: 2520
Merit: 786

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 10:05:16 AM

I am not sure with that but I try to comprehend as well what he said. Whether we sell at a not so high price but we're able to profit from it. It doesn't matter how long someone has to wait for him to buy back.

It's not bad to take profits, actually we have to take profits whenever we can because that's the goal of everyone why we invest.

taking profit from your investment is not bad but still depends on the quantity of bitcoin you have accumulated. So in a scenario whereby a newbie started his journey of accumulating bitcoin, and he or she haven't gotten to anywhere with Their accumulation (have low quantity in their portfolio) and started taking profit from their investment expecially for those who are planning for long-term holding .

They doing so in taking profit from their investment in any increase in price of bitcoin. Shows that they lack principles in their investment, because that action may only result to slow growth of their portfolio. But as some one who have gotten far with us accummulation like holding from 4-5 yrs and above can start taken profit from their investment not those that just started their accumulation journey.

Taking profit from your investment is good, and actually suggested so you can re-invest those profits into another asset. BUT in a new asset class such Bitcoin, I would discourage anyone from taking profit in any price under six digits. Why? Because we haven't truly seen its real value financially, and its REAL value socially and politically.
Anyone taking profit from his bitcoin investment with the idea of buying back when the bitcoin price dumps is taking a great risk because that person will not be patient enough to wait for the bitcoin price to dump so that he or she can buy back his bitcoin because the bitcoin price keeps going high. FOMO will make that person buy back his bitcoin, even with the profit the person took from his bitcoin investment, just to be among those who are holding bitcoin in case bitcoin does the unbelievable. The person will be buying back less of the quantity of bitcoin he or she sold out because of the high price of bitcoin. 

People doing that is not really for long term since if they aim to hodl they would never think about selling their bitcoin when they see a pump and think about buying again when the price dump. The person who doing that are traders and I guess there's really a high risk for them to lose their money if they repeatedly doing this schemes. And won't recommend this to newbies especially if they don't know what to do next and much really better to anyone if they just hold their bitcoin and aim for long term since this will give them more decent result, also for that they would not get affected on any FOMO circulating around.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zackz5000

Activity: 70
Merit: 39

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 10:21:32 AM

This method buy the DIP and HODL is one of the most trading strategies or tactics in the Bitcoin and crypto market or in the investment cycle. This is when most investor like acquring coin having the believe that the price will some day go high, same also in most cases when you think the price will go high but eventually it starts deprecating in value.
Also this method doesn't guarantee 100% profit believing that since the price is low at when is been aquire it will definitely hit at ATH, so in such case as an investor one also need to have two things in mind which is either gain or loss unless you wish to HODL for a longer period of time.
Tmoonz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 11:57:26 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2024, 03:16:08 PM by Tmoonz
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

This method buy the DIP and HODL is one of the most trading strategies or tactics in the Bitcoin and crypto market or in the investment cycle.

Mate, is very much obvious that you are new . However, I will advise you read and understand the concepts of the thread so you could contribute  better. The concepts of this thread buy the dip and hodl is based upon various strategies of accumulating Bitcoin for long term investment plan, we have talked about the dca strategy where you can make purchases at different intervals over a period of time and the lump sump buy that is buying in bulk where the dip is seen as an added advantage for a no coiner to accumulate Bitcoin and a low  coiner to accumulate more Bitcoin in to his portfolio after taking care of your personal needs and building up your emergency, reserved and float funds to enable you not sell your investment too soon to solve your personal problem that is when hodl takes it cause. It is a Bitcoin discussion thread and not some fucking trading strategies and crypto market, rather Bitcoin long term investment plan of about 5 to 10 years or more is what is being prioritize and discuss here. You can talk about trading in trading discussion board.

I am not sure with that but I try to comprehend as well what he said. Whether we sell at a not so high price but we're able to profit from it. It doesn't matter how long someone has to wait for him to buy back.

It's not bad to take profits, actually we have to take profits whenever we can because that's the goal of everyone why we invest.

taking profit from your investment is not bad but still depends on the quantity of bitcoin you have accumulated. So in a scenario whereby a newbie started his journey of accumulating bitcoin, and he or she haven't gotten to anywhere with Their accumulation (have low quantity in their portfolio) and started taking profit from their investment expecially for those who are planning for long-term holding .

They doing so in taking profit from their investment in any increase in price of bitcoin. Shows that they lack principles in their investment, because that action may only result to slow growth of their portfolio. But as some one who have gotten far with us accummulation like holding from 4-5 yrs and above can start taken profit from their investment not those that just started their accumulation journey.

Taking profit from your investment is good, and actually suggested so you can re-invest those profits into another asset. BUT in a new asset class such Bitcoin, I would discourage anyone from taking profit in any price under six digits. Why? Because we haven't truly seen its real value financially, and its REAL value socially and politically.
Anyone taking profit from his bitcoin investment with the idea of buying back when the bitcoin price dumps is taking a great risk because that person will not be patient enough to wait for the bitcoin price to dump so that he or she can buy back his bitcoin because the bitcoin price keeps going high. FOMO will make that person buy back his bitcoin, even with the profit the person took from his bitcoin investment, just to be among those who are holding bitcoin in case bitcoin does the unbelievable. The person will be buying back less of the quantity of bitcoin he or she sold out because of the high price of bitcoin.

Well what I could say is that  a no coiner should have nothing to do with selling his Bitcoin investment at seeing a profit but however, for an investor who has reached the fuck you status at that point I don't see anything wrong in taking profits he can sell a little stash to fixed his house in order and have the enough energy and peace of mind to grow his asset.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
I_Anime

Activity: 364
Merit: 153

Cashback 15%

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 12:50:10 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

This method buy the DIP and HODL is one of the most trading strategies or tactics in the Bitcoin and crypto market or in the investment cycle
that trading sounded off-topic, if am not mistaken here we don't actually use DCA for trading bitcoin and all that, we actually use it to accumulate more quantities of bitcoin to our portfolio. Which enables use to buy or purchase bitcoin at different price interval either when it's low or high. And we also have others good strategies for accumulating bitcoin like lumsump (going all in at once during a dip ) just as Tmoonz said.
when you think the price will go high but eventually it starts deprecating in value.
Also this method doesn't guarantee 100% profit believing that since the price is low at when is been aquire it will definitely hit at ATH
  you sounded like someone that do engaged with shitcoins too much, if you are such do so in minimising such urge, when come to investing in bitcoin (not shitcoins) you don't have to bother yourself with if the price would rise and all that . Because bitcoin as already proven it self to be one of the best investment (and it is the definition of long-term investment). So if you have not Started to stash some of quantity of this epic coin (bitcoin) then I would advise you do so by using any suitable strategies to do so, but now I would encourage you use DCA strategy because of the recent increase in price of bitcoin. And yeah  DCA doesn't guarantee 100% but also help you in buying at different price interval which would also help in minimising Risk.

in such case as an investor one also need to have two things in mind which is either gain or loss unless you wish to HODL for a longer period of time.
exactly so if you don't want to start using your funds to gamble, better start focusing more on bitcoin and how to to hold it for long... Though there are still risk in investing ( especially investimg in wrong project and bitcoin ain't such)  but is still better than using your funds to gamble. Once you set your mind for holdl you would see the growth in your portfolio as time goes on.

cocadalcan

Activity: 33
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 02:20:44 PM

But the problem is, is now the right time to buy bitcoin? considering the price is very high and prone to correction. I can only advise him to buy with the DCA model or wait for the price to correct. When he asked, what is the right price to buy bitcoin? I can only shake my head and say "no one knows"

Do you have any good advice for my friend? Honestly, I was confused with my answer because Bitcoin was very expensive and I was afraid of giving him the wrong advice
I'm doing a job to a reputed organization as a PS of owner. Last December, I told my boss to invest the Bitcoin but he didn't agree. However, he has million dollar into the share market. I'm maintaining his all accounts, and try to convince him by showing the bitcoin graph..recently he has shown interest in buying Bitcoin but it's not yet legal in our country.
My boss already talk to his friend who staying in USA.. sometime he goes their. I hope he might be invest in Bitcoin within future.

I have the same question, will the price of BTC decrease?
Is there any possibility that the price of Bitcoin will decrease during the halving?

Yes.  BTC prices can go in either direction, so it is good to have a 4-10 year timeline or longer for any investing into bitcoin that you do.

Many senior and respected Parsons given their valuable opinions, But I found a essence of everyone in one line of your opinions. Initially approved and I wait for final approval from my boss. I think Longtime Investments like 4-10 years is very profitable for every business and if is there is Bitcoin, others are useless. Large investors like my boss may not prefer DCA strategy for those "HOLD" can be the best.
Agbamoni

Activity: 308
Merit: 277

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 02:41:54 PM

People doing that is not really for long term since if they aim to hodl they would never think about selling their bitcoin when they see a pump and think about buying again when the price dump. The person who doing that are traders and I guess there's really a high risk for them to lose their money if they repeatedly doing this schemes. And won't recommend this to newbies especially if they don't know what to do next and much really better to anyone if they just hold their bitcoin and aim for long term since this will give them more decent result, also for that they would not get affected on any FOMO circulating around.
Does taking profit after holding for long in other to buy back when the price dips a great idea? Yes, it is. But right now, it is not advisable since bitcoin has the potential to go higher than this of which it is speculated that we are entering fully into the bull run. Imagine making a sell order at 64k, selling 20% of your BTC accumulation, and then you sit and wait for either 32k or below that. Only God knows how long it will take for Bitcoin to dip to that price.

I would always say that if you are selling let it be that you are selling for a good reason. People are out there selling at various prices this week because the price is rising significantly so they think that it is the right moment for them to sell off their investment and that someday the price will drop soon to buy more. It's just like dropping down from a vehicle and expect to run ahead of the vehicle for a cheaper cost. Let there be a reason for selling and make sure you have accumulated enough that if you sell some percentage, you know you still a lot in your bag.

The random selling of bitcoin for the sole of buying back when the price dips has left so many persons behind.

It is extremely difficult to time this market, the price fluctuations and uncertain movement would be a hindrance if someone tries to sell off to buy the dip. Just hodl and accumulate more now is the only solution to success, unless your target from the beginning was to invest and sell off when the time is right to pay for tuition fees or start good business. At least the target was to reduce financial burden, stress and enhance your life.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Dunamisx

Activity: 840
Merit: 539

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 04:20:36 PM

This method buy the DIP and HODL is one of the most trading strategies or tactics in the Bitcoin and crypto market or in the investment cycle. This is when most investor like acquring coin having the believe that the price will some day go high, same also in most cases when you think the price will go high but eventually it starts deprecating in value.

And we must not also forget that one of the easiest means in acquiring bitcoin for hodl is to use the pattern of DCA in other to enable us afford making an investment as according to our affordability and it also serves as a means of reducing the cost on loss each time the market may be highly volatile and we have more bear market.

Also this method doesn't guarantee 100% profit believing that since the price is low at when is been aquire it will definitely hit at ATH, so in such case as an investor one also need to have two things in mind which is either gain or loss unless you wish to HODL for a longer period of time.

Holding for a long time doesn't have much risk than it profits the investors who are holding, especially when your holding crossed a particular circle and if you have the ability of holding when you buy the dip and wait till the next halving, you will definitely experience bullrun and that alone is the most profitable target by many long time investors.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Moreno233

Activity: 308
Merit: 180

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 05:48:00 PM
Merited by Jaycoinz (2)

You sound so much like a short term trader because all you just described are characteristics of traders. With long term holding of Bitcoin, the only time you incur loses is when you sell. If you hold for long, you will definitely make profit. The problem with  people who sell at loss is that they invest money they can not afford to set aside for long. When you put in money meant for other pressing needs into Bitcoin, there is no way you will not get agitated and panic sell when the profit is not forthcoming, this is the problem with traders.

Unlike the traders and short term investors, buy the dip require that you buy and hold for long. To do this, you must first set aside part of your income for your basic needs and another part for emergency that might arise which you did not capture in your investment planning. After these have been put in place, you can then invest from the balance and you will not be under any pressure to sell when the market is going downward instead of rising.

nara1892

Activity: 1554
Merit: 654

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 05:58:47 PM

Yes, that's right, I think we can already conclude that they are typical investors who want to quickly profit from the results of their accumulation so that they always think about cashing out as soon as possible, or simply when they see a situation that is quite profitable or there is an increase in the amount of their accumulation due to the increase in bitcoin they will not hesitate to immediately decide to cash out, on the other hand I don't know the problem but certainly the reason is that in my opinion they are too worried and don't seem ready to maintain accumulation in the long run, the fear is that they are worried that a bad situation will happen to bitcoin so that when they see an opportunity they don't hesitate to cash out as soon as possible.

On the other hand, yes, basically our intention and purpose of getting involved in investing is to make a profit in any way and one of them is by buying when the price drops and selling when the price is high enough, I think it doesn't matter because it is indeed a method that many investors choose, and also every investor has their own choices regarding the methods and approaches they have to their bitcoin accumulation. So maybe I will not say that the short-term method is wrong, because if for example they are able to maintain and balance the following as well as knowing what to do everything well it is good and will not be a problem, but maybe the difference is in terms of profit is not too maximum between investors who always cash out in the short term and investors who always maintain their bitcoin accumulation in the long term such as 10 - 15 years, the difference in my opinion is because when you choose a short-term method there will be a slight delay in terms of profit while it will not happen when you always choose to maintain and have a long-term approach.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 06:06:01 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2024, 06:19:22 PM by JayJuanGee

[edited out]
As he is worth over a million dollar, he can afford to put in a thousand dollar or more on Bitcoin per week without feeling it.
Usually any newbies could start out by considering anywhere between 5% and 25% as their target investment allocation to bitcoin, even though it could take a year or two to reach their target level of allocation, depending on how they go about it, even though right now it does not seem a good practice to spread out allocations timeline too far in the future, but those are matters of personal discretion.
My suggestion of a thousand dollar or few thousand dollar investment per week by his boss is based on the peculiarity of his case. From what he said, his boss was reluctant to invest in Bitcoin for reasons best known to him, hence my reason for suggesting he start with less than 1% of his capital. Overtime this will show him the beauty of building a Bitcoin portfolio with insignificant amount of money that could amount to something significant as time progresses. When he fully grasp of what Bitcoin is and the opportunity it represent, he can then up the numbers out of personal conviction.
By the way, some folks with millions of dollars of assets, might not be very liquid, so it could still take time to reallocate and to dedicate whatever might be his quasi-liquid investment portfolio into bitcoin, and sometimes business owners want to (or need to) stay a bit more liquid than some other folks.. depending on the nature of their business.
You are right and I see a lot of sense in what you said. As a business owner, he may not be that liquid as his funds are tied to the business. I think this also is in agreement with my suggestion of him starting with very little amount until hi can own the investment process in Bitcoin, from there he can better plan his financial allocations in the future. My major concern is coming from the angel of him having his personal conviction rather than relying on recommendations of his employee.

Of course in the end, each person has to figure out his own situation and to be responsible for his own actions.  And, yeah I am in agreement that any employee recommending to a boss may or may not end up in any kind of ultimate responsibility for such suggestions, unless he is also considered to be employed as a financial advisor for the company, which is a bit unclear from how cocadalcan was framing his role in looking at company finances.

Since 2024, I have started to recommend newbies to bitcoin to consider 5% to 25% allocation to bitcoin, so I am not moving off of my general recommendation, and I am not responsible for whatever any newbie to bitcoin might do. They have to figure it out for themselves, and yeah sure they could start out with a lower target if they like and that is on them.  I am not changing my current recommendation or even asserting that they  have to figure out their own situation.. and that means all aspects of their situation without fucking up their cashflow in order to get to their target or reverting to gambling and all of that.

I presume people to be adults, and if they are having troubles being an adult, they better learn.  I have seen some pretty smart and even otherwise seemingly successful people who seem to not be able to handle their finances or to revert into gambling, and it is not going to cause me to change my general recommendation, but if someone might be telling me more specifics about his situation, then I might add some more details which might be included in the idea that I am recommending that they need to consider committing to investing into bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer, so I am not recommending bitcoin as a swing trade that is less than 4 years, and if they cannot bring themselves to that kind of timeline, then of course, they may well have to adjust below 5% until they get are able to get their shit together enough in order to be able to get their allocation up to a minimum of 5% (that I am recommending).  

Yes, some people have tighter cashflows and they are not able to get their investment level up to 5%, and should they follow my recommendation to invest 5%?  No they should not, but I am not changing my minimum recommendation (which also is not financial advise even though it seems like it could be but I have no fiduciary obligation to any one merely because I am telling them to invest 5% to 25% into bitcoin) without knowing anything else about them. They have to figure out if their financial situation is not strong enough to be able to support (or commit to) at least a 5% allocation to bitcoin.

Yes, a lot of people are new to investing so they have to get their shit together if they are going to invest by making sure that they have an emergency fund, so maybe if they they do not have an emergency fund then they should not invest 5% into bitcoin, but that is not my problem, since I am going to presume that they know enough basics of their own personal financial management to have an emergency fund, even though yes many people do not do that, but again that is not my problem - especially since it is basic financial management before investing into anything and especially if you invest into something that is quite likely (perhaps inevitably) to be volatile) and I am not changing my newly established (since 2024) recommendation that everyone (newbies to bitcoin) should be working towards figuring out how to allocate a 5% to 25% allocation to bitcoin and they have to figure out their own details in regards to how to get there or even if their own financial circumstances are ready to go there and where to go within those parameters based on their own circumstances.  

Adults have to figure out their own personal financial management shit and other aspects of their life, including their psychology and take responsibility for their choices, even if they hear stuff from other people including from randos like me on the internet, and if anyone were to want to talk with me about bitcoin in real life, I would say the same thing in person, by the way.. yet in person, sometimes we might be able to see some actual physical evidence of a person's financial and psychological circumstances by seeing how they are dressed and how they hold themselves and how they interact about topics (on the fly), and if we get into a bitcoin-related conversation, we might even ask the other person about some personal details, and the conversation may or may not go into a level of recommending anything - depending on their level of interest in the topic of bitcoin.  But in a forum like this, by default we already know that people are somewhat interested in bitcoin otherwise they would not be participating and/or reading threads like this one.

Bitcoin reached very close to its last ATH, Bitcoin ATH of $69,044, and Bitcoin went as high as $68,912 in the last 24 hours ago. Bitcoin just failed to break its previous ATH high of $134. And currently the price of Bitcoin is $66,022.37. But I hope it happens very soon. I expect Bitcoin to break its previous ATH very soon.
You must have your references incorrect, since we have already reached an ATH.  
It seems that many people are not even aware that Bitcoin created a new all time high this month. It surprises me a lot because this is not the first time I am seeing a comment suggesting that some people are not aware of it. Maybe they are expecting it after the halving.

I get the sense that there might be some misleading going on, and people repeat what they hear, even when it is factually inaccurate.  In bitcoin we have price battles and we also have informational battles, and frequently the weird spins can scare normies from actually buying bitcoin or holding onto the bitcoin that they already accumulated, so again, we get back to personal responsibility, including that if we are posting the same kind of bullshit disinformation, then it should be pointed out if we are stating information that is not even true... even if it is a little thing, members should bare some responsibility over the information that they post, and try to be factually accurate, especially over information that seems fairly easy to verify.

This method buy the DIP and HODL is one of the most trading strategies or tactics in the Bitcoin and crypto market or in the investment cycle.

We are not talking about shitcoins here. The tactic of buy the dip, HODL and DCA does not necessarily work with shitcoins, even if we were talking about them in this thread. Which we are not talking about them.

This is when most investor like acquring coin having the believe that the price will some day go high, same also in most cases when you think the price will go high but eventually it starts deprecating in value.

You seem to be contradicting yourself in the above bolded part of the sentence.  Presumptively an investor would already be in it for the long term.  There probably is no such thing as a short term investor. If you are suggesting that someone is a short term investor then they are probably a trader.

Sure, maybe we are arguing over semantics and perhaps a short term investor could be someone who is at least 4 years in bitcoin and a long term investor would be someone more than 10 years, but that seems to be quibbling, arbitrary and confusing, and so I think it is probably better to not be referring to traders as investors because that seems to be misleading - even if they are trading and gaining dollar and/or bitcoin profits and then investing those profits, they are still primarily trading and the investment part might only be supplemental to their main trading/gambling activities.. so the term "investor" comes off as misleading in those circumstances when the person is largely considering how to get in and out, especially if s/he cannot even commit to a whole cycle of 4 years at bare minimum.. and even just considering 4 years might still end up falling more into the classification of trading rather than really having an investing mindset and/or approach to the asset class known as bitcoin (aka my lil precious).

But the problem is, is now the right time to buy bitcoin? considering the price is very high and prone to correction. I can only advise him to buy with the DCA model or wait for the price to correct. When he asked, what is the right price to buy bitcoin? I can only shake my head and say "no one knows"

Do you have any good advice for my friend? Honestly, I was confused with my answer because Bitcoin was very expensive and I was afraid of giving him the wrong advice
I'm doing a job to a reputed organization as a PS of owner. Last December, I told my boss to invest the Bitcoin but he didn't agree. However, he has million dollar into the share market. I'm maintaining his all accounts, and try to convince him by showing the bitcoin graph..recently he has shown interest in buying Bitcoin but it's not yet legal in our country.
My boss already talk to his friend who staying in USA.. sometime he goes their. I hope he might be invest in Bitcoin within future.

Is there any possibility that the price of Bitcoin will decrease during the halving?
Yes.  BTC prices can go in either direction, so it is good to have a 4-10 year timeline or longer for any investing into bitcoin that you do.

Many senior and respected Parsons given their valuable opinions, But I found a essence of everyone in one line of your opinions. Initially approved and I wait for final approval from my boss. I think Longtime Investments like 4-10 years is very profitable for every business and if is there is Bitcoin, others are useless. Large investors like my boss may not prefer DCA strategy for those "HOLD" can be the best.

Fair enough if he does not want to DCA, yet even starting out with a lump sum investment can be enhanced with either DCA and/or buying on dips, but yeah, whatever, your boss should be able to figure out how he wants to approach his investment and to consider whether he might start out with an initial allocation and then consider at various points down the line if he might want to add to his position.  Again, any new allocation would trigger another 4-10 year or longer commitment to that additional portion of the investment, so keeping a long term time horizon is good for any additional capital added to a position, yet at the same time, all of us know that we can do whatever we want, including getting out of the investment if we change our mind down the road, but I personally believe that if anyone is taking less than a 4-10 year position, then they likely should take a smaller position if they are not willing to at least conceptually consider the investment into bitcoin in those kinds of terms.

Another thing is that if your boss is going to invest a decently large sum into bitcoin in a lump sum, then there has to be some learning involved, otherwise he is not taking personal responsibility if he is ONLY wanting to get price exposure by holding his coins through some exchange and/or third party.  Yeah, sure he can end up buying through an exchange and even custodying through an exchange, but hardly any of us would consider that to be investing into bitcoin, but instead merely investing into BTC price exposure, which is a related animal but it is not exactly the same thing.. so there is some learning that is required in regards to self-custody, too... even if it might merely be considering the purchase of a Trezor hardware wallet.

Does taking profit after holding for long in other to buy back when the price dips a great idea? Yes, it is.

Does not sound like a good idea to me.  That sounds like trading rather than investing.

But right now, it is not advisable since bitcoin has the potential to go higher than this of which it is speculated that we are entering fully into the bull run. Imagine making a sell order at 64k, selling 20% of your BTC accumulation, and then you sit and wait for either 32k or below that. Only God knows how long it will take for Bitcoin to dip to that price.

That is true.  It is very difficult to justify expecting any dip from here, even expecting a 5% dip is gambling.  Part of the reason that I suggest that guys are careful in regards to how much BTC they sell and when they sell is because I consider any sale as a likelihood that you are not going to be able to buy back, so there should be an expectation that you are not going to be able to buy back, and if you cannot frame your sale in those terms and accept those results, then you are not ready to sell, or you sold too much and you are gambling/trading rather than investing.

I would always say that if you are selling let it be that you are selling for a good reason. People are out there selling at various prices this week because the price is rising significantly so they think that it is the right moment for them to sell off their investment and that someday the price will drop soon to buy more. It's just like dropping down from a vehicle and expect to run ahead of the vehicle for a cheaper cost. Let there be a reason for selling and make sure you have accumulated enough that if you sell some percentage, you know you still a lot in your bag.

That part is true, and so you should not expect to be able to buy back the BTC that you had sold at a cheaper price then, right?

The random selling of bitcoin for the sole of buying back when the price dips has left so many persons behind.

Now I am confused.  I cannot figure out which way you are arguing.

It is extremely difficult to time this market, the price fluctuations and uncertain movement would be a hindrance if someone tries to sell off to buy the dip. Just hodl and accumulate more now is the only solution to success, unless your target from the beginning was to invest and sell off when the time is right to pay for tuition fees or start good business. At least the target was to reduce financial burden, stress and enhance your life.

This last part makes sense  - but your way of getting to this conclusion seems confusing and self-contradictory.. so maybe I was just misunderstanding what you were saying.

Yes, that's right, I think we can already conclude that they are typical investors who want to quickly profit from the results of their accumulation so that they always think about cashing out as soon as possible, or simply when they see a situation that is quite profitable or there is an increase in the amount of their accumulation due to the increase in bitcoin they will not hesitate to immediately decide to cash out, on the other hand I don't know the problem but certainly the reason is that in my opinion they are too worried and don't seem ready to maintain accumulation in the long run, the fear is that they are worried that a bad situation will happen to bitcoin so that when they see an opportunity they don't hesitate to cash out as soon as possible.

You seem to be describing someone who had overinvested into bitcoin, and another problem is that the kind of person that you describe sounds like a gambler, because the smart thing to do if you have concluded that that you might have over invested would be to take some value off the table, and then to resume with a more prudent approach in which you can stay more focused on your goal of continuing to accumulate in a way that does not cause you to get overly excited (or emotional) about your investment.  Sure, it is difficult to set our positions so that we don't get emotional because sometimes it takes a while to build up your position in bitcoin enough in order that you can begin to feel less and less emotional about it.    It takes practice to build your portfolio in a way to at least attempt to minimize the amount of emotion, even though we are likely not going to completely get rid of the emotion, especially if we might happen to be normal people rather than bots.

On the other hand, yes, basically our intention and purpose of getting involved in investing is to make a profit in any way and one of them is by buying when the price drops and selling when the price is high enough,

that is called trading. We are not talking about trading here.

I think it doesn't matter because it is indeed a method that many investors choose, and also every investor has their own choices regarding the methods and approaches they have to their bitcoin accumulation. So maybe I will not say that the short-term method is wrong,

But we are not talking about that here... One of the underlying presumptions of this thread is long term investing.. and buying the dip and hodl contains those ideas.. there is no selling involved... and so if you are wanting to just buy to play the short term wave, you are in the wrong thread.

because if for example they are able to maintain and balance the following as well as knowing what to do everything well it is good and will not be a problem, but maybe the difference is in terms of profit is not too maximum between investors who always cash out in the short term and investors who always maintain their bitcoin accumulation in the long term such as 10 - 15 years, the difference in my opinion is because when you choose a short-term method there will be a slight delay in terms of profit while it will not happen when you always choose to maintain and have a long-term approach.

You are still off topic if you are suggesting that it might be better to trade some of your stash in order to build it better than if you were not to be trading part of your stash.  That does not seem to be what we are talking about in this thread, even if you might have figured out some kind of technique to get better BTC price performance by playing short-term waves, you are still devolving into talking about trading rather than long term investing. which is why you don't see the idea of sell in the title or even in the OP.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ginsan

Activity: 1316
Merit: 616

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 09:27:25 PM

You seem to be describing someone who had overinvested into bitcoin, and another problem is that the kind of person that you describe sounds like a gambler, because the smart thing to do if you have concluded that that you might have over invested would be to take some value off the table, and then to resume with a more prudent approach in which you can stay more focused on your goal of continuing to accumulate in a way that does not cause you to get overly excited (or emotional) about your investment.  Sure, it is difficult to set our positions so that we don't get emotional because sometimes it takes a while to build up your position in bitcoin enough in order that you can begin to feel less and less emotional about it.    It takes practice to build your portfolio in a way to at least attempt to minimize the amount of emotion, even though we are likely not going to completely get rid of the emotion, especially if we might happen to be normal people rather than bots.
What you say is quite true, especially us beginners need encouragement to fight our emotions of lust when things are like this. I mean we don't have to take a stupid attitude when market conditions are bullish. Yes, we have to be able to resist the temptation of profit because we have done quite well building a portfolio from the past 1 year by buying and holding. But the most difficult period is fighting our desires and perhaps it will ruin an investment journey if we are consumed by the desire for short-term profits.

Of course every increase always gives rise to one reason for every decision where it comes doubt to buy because some of them are afraid of the decision they made. Maybe the important point here is not to check Bitcoin prices every day because that can trigger uncontrollable emotions.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 10:37:47 PM

For me I would say that there is no smartness trying to know if the price of Bitcoin is going to decrease or not if the income is there the next thing is to get fucking started and work other things out why you are already in the market. a no or low coiner that has the financial capacity to dive into the market shouldn't worry about Price fluctuations decrease or increase the dca strategy gives you the opportunity of buying at different price point by averaging your buying price at different intervals.
The reason why people still ask questions like this is because they fail to understand what's bitcoin price fluctuation, as a newbie it's okay to get a little scared like when I first heard about bitcoin and investing, little did I know about the accumulating strategy and never wanting to pressure myself  when buying. My advice now is people asking same question always should read about bitcoin previous price during every halving instead of repeating same thing, although we can't compare the past to the present but it's obvious that the price of bitcoin will not decline. I Compared the price of bitcoin on leap day; during 2020 the price got to $8,717, 2024 leap day btc price got to $61,257, so it's certain bitcoin price will reach $100k this year, I have seen a lot of speculation about the price reaching $120k. If what inspired the question above about the price decreasing is fear and emotion it's best such person invest with care, I don't think anyone should invest with fear and emotion cause there's a way to deal with such when investing, fear should never be an option when investing in bitcoin the best here is know your accumulating strategy and hold properly.
For me there is nothing to fear about bitcoin investment. Bitcoin has been here for more than a decade. Besides what's the person afraid of? Fall in price that always rise up or bitcoin crashing, which is not possible. Well let the person keep being afraid and let those that are brave keep benefitting from it. By the time those that are afraid will wake up time has gone far. Some people were afraid to invest in bitcoin 5 years ago but today they are now investing in bitcoin, just imagine where they would have been today if they had started investing back then. One being afraid about bitcoin doesn't really change anything about bitcoin, that's just the fact.

IMO  I won't try to tell anyone not to be afraid, cause at the end of the day it's his choice and he would and must bear full responsibility for his actions and investment, what i would safely advice is for him to approach with a long term mindset and investment plan than to follow the current fomo of the bull run and try to take profits from it, as it stands now we can't predict anything off the market, although based on the few facts available to us we can safely speculate higher prices but we can't say bitcoin would reach this price or that is the highest point of bitcoin in this bull run, so the idea of short term investment is cancelled from anyone's plan.

Most of us are new here and taking profits should our least of worries right now cause the price us getting higher meaning we have no choice than to continue with our DCA buying irrespective of the price, to be sincere I can't wait for the bear cause as a beginner the bear market is my best case senerio untill I'm well equipped with bitcoin from up to 6 years of accumulation. I'm never said anyone should stop buying now cause you can't tell if this price would never be seen again.
Yes I share your sentiment about the bear market. Indeed the bear market is a big blessing which many people are yet to understand. As a newbie or someone who is starting your bitcoin journey and hasn't accumulate enough bitcoin the bear season is the best thing you will be wishing for. Even while we continue our DCA in all market conditions, but the amount of bitcoin we will get during the bear season is never the same with the bull season. Same way you are anticipating the bear season that's how am eagerly waiting for it. For me this bullrun is not for me, it is for those who have started their journey long time ago. At this stage of my accumulation, all focus is on buying alone.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Troytech

Activity: 140
Merit: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 11:06:38 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2024, 11:25:11 PM by Troytech
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin reached very close to its last ATH, Bitcoin ATH of $69,044, and Bitcoin went as high as $68,912 in the last 24 hours ago. Bitcoin just failed to break its previous ATH high of $134. And currently the price of Bitcoin is $66,022.37. But I hope it happens very soon. I expect Bitcoin to break its previous ATH very soon.
It seems that many people are not even aware that Bitcoin created a new all time high this month. It surprises me a lot because this is not the first time I am seeing a comment suggesting that some people are not aware of it. Maybe they are expecting it after the halving.

I get the sense that there might be some misleading going on, and people repeat what they hear, even when it is factually inaccurate.  In bitcoin we have price battles and we also have informational battles, and frequently the weird spins can scare normies from actually buying bitcoin or holding onto the bitcoin that they already accumulated, so again, we get back to personal responsibility, including that if we are posting the same kind of bullshit disinformation, then it should be pointed out if we are stating information that is not even true... even if it is a little thing, members should bare some responsibility over the information that they post, and try to be factually accurate, especially over information that seems fairly easy to verify.

IMO i think this personal responsibility goes to both sides, not just the posters but also the readers, any one seakimg information shoudl also be aware that information could be inaccurate judging that a majority just follows what others others saying without even tested or tried it out and would just give that same information out just because they believed it and everyone and anyone can in some cases be guilty of such mistakes when it comes to sharing information because of our inadequacy of personal experience or practice in what we are sharing.

So if this is quite inevitable that factually inaccurate information would always be shared then readers and researchers should try to filter that information, like on this thread you would find so many opinions but I just make sure I filter what I read out by actually putting some to practice that that I am knowing what is right from wrong myself. But I some cases filtering information can be quite difficult especially  when the false sounds so good to be true or people want to believe what sounds best to them, like some persons would not like the advice not to sell thsi bulk run even as early investors and would give excuses to still do it taking that information as their choice and other would choice to stick with the plan of not selling irrespective of other information around. So I think readers has a place in the responsibility as at the end the decision is their to make and would or can blame no body for advice or opinions shared.

Yes I share your sentiment about the bear market. Indeed the bear market is a big blessing which many people are yet to understand. As a newbie or someone who is starting your bitcoin journey and hasn't accumulate enough bitcoin the bear season is the best thing you will be wishing for. Even while we continue our DCA in all market conditions, but the amount of bitcoin we will get during the bear season is never the same with the bull season. Same way you are anticipating the bear season that's how am eagerly waiting for it. For me this bullrun is not for me, it is for those who have started their journey long time ago. At this stage of my accumulation, all focus is on buying alone.

I won't be giving out any advice on what you shoudl be doing now concerning your accumulation journey, but  there is no reason to stop accumulation just because the price of bitcoin is on the rise and we are only thinking this way cause not long ago we had a bear market which we are just recovering from and I can't even tell if this price would never be seen again even in another bear cause right now you can see the momentum of bitcoin and it may exceed even the 100k speculated price(its just a speculation and not in anyway a fact proven or true) and if the buying continues like this from the big player none stop then we might have troubles having big dips even if all the retail investors decide to sell and lower prices from 40-70k might never be reached again even in the next bear market.

All I'm trying to point out is Don’t stop accumulating we are too early in to stop now and moreover we have not been up to a year in yet, so why the bother, I understand the fear of having too much on avg buying price from higher Market price, but this is the bull and we are sure entering another phase  of bitcoin cycle, who knows what to expect, IMO PREPARE FOR ANYTHING AND MAKE DECISIONS THAT WONT AFFECT YOU.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 280
Merit: 158

View Profile
March 07, 2024, 11:48:26 PM

Buy the Dip and Hodl is not a strategy to trade bitcoin but a topic created to teach people how to accumulate bitcoin with different strategies and hold it for the long term. As you keep learning from this thread, we have different strategies for accumulating bitcoin, such as dollar cost averaging (DCA), lump sum, and buy-the-dip. You can do your research on those strategies to gain more knowledge about them, which will help you relate to this thread.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 02:24:04 AM

What you say is quite true, especially us beginners need encouragement to fight our emotions of lust when things are like this. I mean we don't have to take a stupid attitude when market conditions are bullish. Yes, we have to be able to resist the temptation of profit because we have done quite well building a portfolio from the past 1 year by buying and holding. But the most difficult period is fighting our desires and perhaps it will ruin an investment journey if we are consumed by the desire for short-term profits.

Bitcoin has a way stronger investment thesis now as compared to late 2013 when I entered into bitcoin, and I know that I was thinking about a 2 year investment, and at least a 1 year investment into bitcoin when I entered, but the fact of the matter is that as I was into bitcoin for a while, it started to become clear that there were 4 year cycles, and sure I could already look back at the BTC price charts in late 2013 and see what appeared to be the repetition of several Gartner hype cycles, but they could not really be identified in 4-year patterns because bitcoin was ONLY around 5 years old.. but really ONLY 4 years with a price, so it was not easy to really see any patterns in terms of 4 years, but I still recall folks claiming that there had already been several Gartner hype cycles with an expectation that they would repeat. which also seemed logical. without really tying in how the 4 year halvening fit into how the hype cycles would play out.. but surely the halvening was also already being discussed as being important too.. but anyhow, part of my point is that it was a bit more unclear about how to potentially play bitcoin as a longer term investment, and maybe that was part of the reason that I came into bitcoin with thoughts of trying to invest at least a couple of years or maybe longer, but at minimum trying to stay in bitcoin for at least a year, even though I really ONLY initially authorized myself an investment budget for the first 6 months...

I think the fact that I started investing into bitcoin towards the top and continued to invest for more than a year before coming to more commitment to the idea that I was pretty much in bitcoin for life.. but just having to adjust towards figuring out how to transition from BTC accumulation to BTC maintenance... which I kind of started to employ more of a maintenance practice starting in late 2015.. but it is was still a bit in its early stages of figuring it out, which is partially attributable to my having some decently BIG mistakes in late 2015, and yeah, I think that mistakes are going to be made along the way, which should help the learning process.

So guys coming into bitcoin now and even in recent years, should have some advantages in regards to both bitcoin having a longer history to look back upon, and also a certain amount of advantages from quite a bit of analysis being done, even though there still are needs to figure out which are the better sources of information, but that really has not changed, because there has always been good information and bad information that has been all mixed in, and so there has always been needs for critical thinking in bitcoin whether you came here earlier or if you just got here in the last couple of years.

I guess my point is that there likely needs to be some buckling down in regards to getting through a whole 4 year cycle, and maybe the main exceptions would be if some of the guys here might have been able to really front-load their investment, then they would be in a better position to have more options, and I just don't see how it would be smart to be fucking around with selling unless you really have accumulated a decently good size stash of bitcoin, and really I am not even much of a seller of bitcoin even if you have accumulated a lot, you still would end up selling within some disciplined framework in order to continue to largely stay invested in bitcoin, so I have some troubles understanding how these times can be stressful for the newbie, except merely for thoughts that he wished he would have had stacked more earlier, and some newbies cheering for down or hoping the price does not continue to go up so fast so that they are able to stack more... which they may or may not be able to do that in the coming 6-18 months.. I really am having my doubts that we are going to be hanging out in the 5 digits for much longer or even coming back to the 5 digits once we leave.. but sure who the hell knows... we could revisit 5 digits even after going into the 6 digits, but it is not guaranteed, so in that regard, it seems any newbie, or no coiner or perceived low coiner, you should ONLY be buying and you should not be tempted at all by selling or even letting up on your BTC accumulation, even if you might be wanting to try to figure out ways to buy on dips, if there are any, but you might not be in a position to really be holding back a lot of capital in order to wait for dips that might not come.

Of course every increase always gives rise to one reason for every decision where it comes doubt to buy because some of them are afraid of the decision they made. Maybe the important point here is not to check Bitcoin prices every day because that can trigger uncontrollable emotions.

It is hard to not watch the price unless you truly have already stacked as much as you plan to stack and then maybe at that point you are just playing the BIGGER swings rather than the smaller swings, and that probably is not a bad place to be, either.. yet each person has to figure out if he is at that point yet or not..

Maybe we need to speak in examples.  For example, a guy who might consider his fuck you status to be at $2 million, but he has only stacked around 15 BTC. He is ONLY about 1/4 of the way to fuck you status in terms of measuring based on the 200 WMA.   You can look that up here, yet at the same time, he likely has decent confidence that 15 BTC will be pretty close to fuck you status in late 2028 (use my fuck you status chart to see how to estimate that even though it is going to need to be updated to show the latest numbers that are less conservative than the current chart), so he could continue to stack BTC in order to bring up his stash a bit more or he could wait until late 2028, since he already largely has enough for that point.  Those are discretionary choices in regards to whether to continue to stack BTC or if there might be other areas of your finances or other comforts of your life that you want to work upon.  I am not suggesting that I know the answer, but it seems to me that until the numbers are reached (and I am not talking about spot price numbers), then the guy has discretion whether to keep buying or not.. and he has more discretion because he already has a quantity of BTC that may well have good chances of being fuck you status by the end up 2028.. using the 200-wma for valuation.  

Of course, if the guy has 20 BTC, but he expects that he ONLY needs 15 BTC by the end of 2028, he could start to treat his excess BTC as BTC that he can play with, and yet again, he has made that assessment regarding how many BTC he believes that he needs to have later down the road, and calculating that he has more than he needs to have based in that timeline, even though 20 BTC would not reach his already defined entry-level fuck you status until around mid-2027, but if he is o.k. with the goal of late 2029, then these are balances.. including balances that can help to figure out how to treat the BTC price moves and maybe various points that he might choose to sell parts of his BTC at various prices on the way up while knowing that he does not want to go below 15 BTC... and so he can make those kinds of calculations with my raking tool while plugging in his own numbers on the Google Spreadsheet that fillippone created.

I am feeling like I am getting off topic.. because the main point is to make sure that we get to an accumulation level that would justify the starting of shaving off profits, but we gotta get there first, without expectations of being able to buy back if we do end up shaving off some profits.

IMO i think this personal responsibility goes to both sides, not just the posters but also the readers, any one seakimg information shoudl also be aware that information could be inaccurate judging that a majority just follows what others others saying without even tested or tried it out and would just give that same information out just because they believed it and everyone and anyone can in some cases be guilty of such mistakes when it comes to sharing information because of our inadequacy of personal experience or practice in what we are sharing.

Fair enough.  Sometimes any of us could make mistakes in terms of the information that we post, so yeah, sometimes it is not intentional, but it still might be irritating if some members are posting shitty and potentially misleading information.. yet at the same time we are on a forum and there are going to be all kinds of levels of slopiness, wrongness and even learning along the way... so readers have responsibility too..

So if this is quite inevitable that factually inaccurate information would always be shared then readers and researchers should try to filter that information, like on this thread you would find so many opinions but I just make sure I filter what I read out by actually putting some to practice that that I am knowing what is right from wrong myself.

For sure. Critical thinking and many of us learn better from both interacting and also from trying to put some of the ideas into practice and then sharing some of those ideas.  That's why a lot of us are here and continue to participate.

But I some cases filtering information can be quite difficult especially  when the false sounds so good to be true or people want to believe what sounds best to them, like some persons would not like the advice not to sell thsi bulk run even as early investors and would give excuses to still do it taking that information as their choice and other would choice to stick with the plan of not selling irrespective of other information around. So I think readers has a place in the responsibility as at the end the decision is their to make and would or can blame no body for advice or opinions shared.

I agree with you that we have to figure some of these things out, but I think that it still can be good to blame posters if they are posting either nonsense or bad information. and sometimes they might be making mistakes, and other times they might even be posting bad information on purpose, while trying to act innocent and dumb... or trying to act like they are a normal person, when the aren't. So sometimes we need to be ready, willing and able to point out how some seemingly innocent information might not be as innocent as it seems to be... and yeah, maybe sometimes we might be wrong when we accuse another member of providing bad information, but sometimes members need to be called out or pointed out if their information is not good.

I provide information that sometimes might be wrong or might be based on my opinion, and sometimes the weaknesses need to be pointed out.. especially if I might have said something that is misleading... or maybe not sufficiently backed up.. .. and yeah, we don't necessarily need to back up everything that we say, unless maybe if it is confusing or complicated, yet sometimes I will refuse to back up any further after I already posted.. so any of us can be stubborn in regards to what we post.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
boty

Activity: 1148
Merit: 208

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 03:31:21 AM

When we have succeeded in collecting as many Bitcoins as we can, of course we have to be able to restrain ourselves because if we cannot restrain our desires, it will very likely take what we have invested so that we will lose the opportunity to be able to profit from what we have collect.

It is true that if we check the price of Bitcoin too often, we will have doubts about what we have invested in and there are even those who don't understand it well enough to sell it at a loss and it would be better for us to check it occasionally when we want to buy it so we can prepare a budget.

Pi-network314159

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 03:38:31 AM
Last edit: March 08, 2024, 05:24:01 AM by Pi-network314159

Bitcoin has a way stronger investment thesis now as compared to late 2013 when I entered into bitcoin, and I know that I was thinking about a 2 year investment, and at least a 1 year investment into bitcoin when I entered, but the fact of the matter is that as I was into bitcoin for a while, it started to become clear that there were 4 year cycles, and sure I could already look back at the BTC price charts in late 2013 and see what appeared to be the repetition of several Gartner hype cycles,
That's for sure. Who would have believe that btc would be this expensive now compeard to then? The picture of the circle was not clear then, but clearer now. No matter how smart we are we can not know what the future holds otherwise by now whales would have baught all bitcoin way back when it was cheaper. Looking at the road map of btc from 2013 till date has made many believe in some uncertainty, because no body would have believe in bitcoin despite the hype. I believe those that saw the the future of btc then would have made alot of bucks now. Looking at your statement you where thinking of 2 year duration of bitcoin and a 1 year investment but looking at it now, its a 4 years investment circle  just like the earth revolves round the sun and the years Changes from the previous, also do our age changes. so I can say as year Changes number by reapeating it circle, so do bitcoin also reapeat if circle and changees in price. so do human repeat it circle and add in age. so in my hypothesis Bitcoin circle is like the earth and human circle. provided the earth keeps revolving so do btc keep on its circle. And this is a clear evidence that Bitcoin need to be held for long with the mindset that as you add in age so do bitcoin also add in price  in due time despite the ups and down. With this reason I still believe strongly that Bitcoin is the greatest tech ever that existed. The picture is becoming more clearer. Though it may be an illusion or hallucination but that is what I am feeling right now. Check out the growth of bitcoin since the day of creation till now about 15years of existence with $69k of ATH, let's think of what it will be in the next 15years ahead.

Justbillywitt

Activity: 224
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 06:46:20 AM

When we have succeeded in collecting as many Bitcoins as we can, of course we have to be able to restrain ourselves because if we cannot restrain our desires, it will very likely take what we have invested so that we will lose the opportunity to be able to profit from what we have collect.
That's why it's good to have extra source of income before investing in bitcoin. That you are investing in bitcoin doesn't mean that you should deprive yourself of the good things of life and the comfort you deserves. If you have money to run your life, you don't need to restrain yourself from enjoying things of this life. You don't even need to consider taking from your investment. As your investing make sure that no aspect of your life suffers or lack anything. Investment should be done without stress.

███████ ███████        R O L L B I T        CRYPTO'S MOST INNOVATIVE CASINO        [ PLAY NOW ]        ███████ ███████
//     TRADE RLB NOW!     //
███████ ███████ ███████            OFFICIAL EUROPEAN BETTING PARTNER OF SSC NAPOLI           ███████ ███████ ███████
Marvelockg

Activity: 154
Merit: 95

View Profile
March 08, 2024, 08:49:38 AM

Maybe the important point here is not to check Bitcoin prices every day because that can trigger uncontrollable emotions.
checking bitcoin price daily isn't something that's a big deal or that could be seen as a bad thing. Most crypto blogs like cointelegraph, coin desk and even trust wallet displays the updated Bitcoin price on their sites and apps and mere checking through your portfolio would still give you access to the daily updated price. It's  just not to allow it get into your long term holding plan that's the main thing here.

If you you've decided to do continuous accumulation for lets say ten years and you are just focused on looking at the price just to be sure you're gaining, that's were the distraction comes in cause you can't continue following up on whatever rise or fall Bitcoin is experiencing and hope to do that for five years before a thought to sell off yoir holding comes into your mind.

As long as you are actively participating in this forum discussion, it would be one of the major motivating factor that would enable you hold up longer.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2024, 08:58:52 AM

Maybe the important point here is not to check Bitcoin prices every day because that can trigger uncontrollable emotions.
checking bitcoin price daily isn't something that's a big deal or that could be seen as a bad thing. Most crypto blogs like cointelegraph, coin desk and even trust wallet displays the updated Bitcoin price on their sites and apps and mere checking through your portfolio would still give you access to the daily updated price. It's  just not to allow it get into your long term holding plan that's the main thing here.

If you you've decided to do continuous accumulation for lets say ten years and you are just focused on looking at the price just to be sure you're gaining, that's were the distraction comes in cause you can't continue following up on whatever rise or fall Bitcoin is experiencing and hope to do that for five years before a thought to sell off yoir holding comes into your mind.

As long as you are actively participating in this forum discussion, it would be one of the major motivating factor that would enable you hold up longer.

On wider view there's nothing wrong checking the price of bitcoin on daily basis especially if you are accumulating since for that you are updated on current list and can do good decisions for certain times. But if you are new and doesn't know what to do then you are so raw on taking decision to hodl maybe checking the price can affect your decisions and might get scared on situation like correction then lose their mind in that cases. Its important for investors to be more knowledgeable on those cases and they can learn that by participating on any discussion which tackle this kind of situation and for sure they can learn a lot especially right here there are knowledgeable people sharing their ideas and suggestion that can help people to learn something that truly useful to them.

Pages: « 1 ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 399 »
  Print  

Jump to: