Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:19:42 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy Bitcoin, and HODL!  (Read 87845 times)
Roseline492

Activity: 322
Merit: 191

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2024, 02:15:35 PM

I will suggest that if a person is merely buying anywhere between $10 per week/month and $100 per week/month is likely going to need way more than 10 years in order to get to a status of having had accumulated a sufficient amount of bitcoin.  Perhaps such a person will need 20-30 years or  more to really get to a decent place with his/her bitcoin stash.

For sure, each of us has differing expectations in regards to how much income that we might need to be able to live comfortably, whether we use bitcoin proceeds to completely replace any income that we have or to supplement income that we might have from other sources.
Bitcoin accumulation have to do with left over cash flow and at that not having sufficient steady monthly or weekly set aside founds let say $10 or even $20 which is way too much time to come up with a significant amount of bitcoin starsh, but then just as you said, sometimes we come across unexpected huge sum and if we are able to put all down on bitcoin it could cover up for a long period of time and a journey that surpose to take 10 years to 20 years could come much faster and easier.

Yeah it all boils down to the point @JayJuanGee made that when a person or an investor is accumulating Bitcoin using $10 or $20 on weekly basis or even $100 monthly that the investor may not actually have a sufficient amount of Bitcoin within a little number of years but that however the investors will need to least give themselves 20 to 30 years before achieving a good amount of Bitcoin, and that's actually true because irrespective of how consistent people are on there Bitcoin accumulation using the normal DCA method they would need to give themselves more longer years to be able to have the sufficient amount of Bitcoin they need. However if perhaps on the process and you feel that you have more money to invest you could adjust your accumulation amount to facilitate it a bit.

Kliss

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 03:13:16 PM

These are different strategies in accumulating Bitcoin. Some investors use DCA strategy, others prefer buying the DIP strategy, while some DCA and also reserves funds to also buy during the DIP and some accumulate with lump-sum (Rich folks). All these approach are decisions made individually with what suits our bitcoin investment goals. Of all the strategies waiting to buy bitcoin during DIP alone without applying DCA strategy might slow your bitcoin investment growth because the price might not DIP to your desired levels and timing the market can be stressful. So why wait for the price to dip when you can be accumulating bitcoin through DCAing consistently to ensure steady accumulation, peradventure if it DIPs to your desired amount and you have extra bucks to buy fine but if it does not your accumulation through DCA continues to progress. DCAing can be done alone regardless of market fluctuations as long you keep it consistent but I don't see any need to wait for the DIP alone to accumulate bitcoin rather combining DCA with buy during DIPs can further enhance portfolio growth by taking advantage of lower prices when they occur.
Ruttoshi

Activity: 364
Merit: 299

Baba God Noni

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 04:06:46 PM

[edited out]
I disagree with your statement because those investors who are accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy and also buying the dip will always accumulate more bitcoin than the investors who are only using the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin. Just because they are waiting for the dip doesn't mean they will stop accumulating bitcoin with the DCA strategy; they will continue to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy. They have already kept the money to use to buy the dip; they are just waiting for the dip to happen so they can buy bitcoin at a low price.

You only advantage from holding money aside to buy the dip if the BTC price actually dips. So how could you always advantage from buying the dip if the BTC price does not end up dipping?

Sure in the end, guys can do whatever they like in terms of figuring out the extent they might be advantaged by holding some money aside to buy dips or just to buy BTC regularly no matter the price.
This idea of waiting for the dip can really destroy your months or years of investment plan. Let take for example you have been saving for months or years waiting patiently for a dip to occur so you can accumulate Bitcoin and it took months or years before a dip happens and within that time of waiting with already kept funds in your Bank account you used it with the hope of replacing before the dip happens and to your greatest surprise it happened when the money is not yet replaced this will really frustrate you and I don't think you will be willing to continue.

And again waiting for a dip can make you lose interest on Bitcoin investment because it might take a long time before it happens.
The problem is what if the dip did not come, it means that you will not invest in bitcoin, and tomorrow they will be regretting that they had the opportunity to invest but they did not. Those that are waiting for the dip as new investors are not ready to invest and I see it that they are only procrastinating. The reason why I said so is that, even when the dip comes they will not and will say that the price will dip the more since it could dip to the price they are seeing. Missing out a lot of buying opportunities that they should ha e used to invest.

DCA is very effective because you will also buy incase the dips comes and that is why it is good to use it when you are in your bitcoin accumulation phase, as long as you keep up with your regular buying weekly or monthly over a long period of time, your bitcoin size will keep on increasing.

I get your point and you are also right, but what I was trying to drive at was that waiting for dip before investing is a wrong approach what if the dip never happens you just waited in vain and what if it happens but didn't go that dip so we should consider all this and for those who wants to hodl for long term there's no point waiting for the dip before investing.
The best is using the DCA method and keep accumulating whether or not is in dip or is not, one should not focus only on the dip when it comes to bitcoin investment.

Investing in Bitcoin is a very unique thing and what needs to be underlined here is that it has nothing to do with market prices where someone can immediately buy Bitcoin without wasting more time waiting for the price to fall. Because as long as the investment made is to hold Bitcoin in the long term by buying without any intention of selling again in the near future, I think this can be done immediately without having to wait for something else to happen, such as the price reduction option in the market.

Then why are there many people who are still waiting for the price of Bitcoin to fall by not buying before it happens? Well, in this case you also need to understand that they are not investors who want to invest in Bitcoin, but rather traders who are taking advantage of Bitcoin price conditions to achieve short-term profits. And there is no guarantee for them to keep Bitcoin in their wallets for a long period of time because their focus is not to keep Bitcoin for the long term but only to seek immediate profits after the price experiences a correction in the market.
Not only traders that time the dip, but also investors who have reached 50% of their bitcoin portfolio and above can use buying at the dip method. In such case they time the dip and buy with a lump sum to their portfolio. This is because if they use little amount to DCA, it might not have a significant effect on their bitcoin portfolio, since they already have a good size of bitcoin, waiting will not be a waste of time for them. This is why your bitcoin size and how much bitcoin you want and the time frame is what you look at before choosing the strategy that will best work for you. The most important thing is how you can accumulate bitcoin faster and reach your bitcoin target successfully.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Chiomaobi

Activity: 28
Merit: 9

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 07:38:02 PM

I will suggest that if a person is merely buying anywhere between $10 per week/month and $100 per week/month is likely going to need way more than 10 years in order to get to a status of having had accumulated a sufficient amount of bitcoin.  Perhaps such a person will need 20-30 years or  more to really get to a decent place with his/her bitcoin stash.

For sure, each of us has differing expectations in regards to how much income that we might need to be able to live comfortably, whether we use bitcoin proceeds to completely replace any income that we have or to supplement income that we might have from other sources.
Bitcoin accumulation have to do with left over cash flow and at that not having sufficient steady monthly or weekly set aside founds let say $10 or even $20 which is way too much time to come up with a significant amount of bitcoin starsh, but then just as you said, sometimes we come across unexpected huge sum and if we are able to put all down on bitcoin it could cover up for a long period of time and a journey that surpose to take 10 years to 20 years could come much faster and easier.

Yeah it all boils down to the point @JayJuanGee made that when a person or an investor is accumulating Bitcoin using $10 or $20 on weekly basis or even $100 monthly that the investor may not actually have a sufficient amount of Bitcoin within a little number of years but that however the investors will need to least give themselves 20 to 30 years before achieving a good amount of Bitcoin, and that's actually true because irrespective of how consistent people are on there Bitcoin accumulation using the normal DCA method they would need to give themselves more longer years to be able to have the sufficient amount of Bitcoin they need. However if perhaps on the process and you feel that you have more money to invest you could adjust your accumulation amount to facilitate it a bit.
You are correct, any one who is going into Bitcoin should always choose to hodl for long term because that's The only way you can accumulate enough Bitcoin, me as a newbie the mindset I have is long term investment and because I invest little weekly into Bitcoin using the DCA method I'm planning hodling for a very long time so I can accumulate enough Bitcoin.
Any newbie that has the mindset of short term investment in Bitcoin will always feel disappointed along the line because you may find yourself losing or not making enough like you expected.
Bitcoin investment is not a Ponzi scheme that you can start and make millions very quick, Bitcoin investment is a legit investment that takes time to grow you don't need to rush, if you are not patient then you can't be successful in Bitcoin investment, just imagine those that has held good account of Bitcoin since 2011 till date one will call them successful and that's true.
I just started Bitcoin investment and one thing that always gives me hope in this investment is that Bitcoin has not stopped growing, my friend told me there's no point in investing on Bitcoin 5 years ago that it won't grow again I believed him and didn't invest but I regret my action I shouldn't have listen to him, you can see how fast Bitcoin grew from 5 years ago till date. So I'm advising my follow newbies to choose long term investment in other to succeed in Bitcoin investment.
Furious 7

Activity: 2898
Merit: 674

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 09:22:23 PM

I will suggest that if a person is merely buying anywhere between $10 per week/month and $100 per week/month is likely going to need way more than 10 years in order to get to a status of having had accumulated a sufficient amount of bitcoin.  Perhaps such a person will need 20-30 years or  more to really get to a decent place with his/her bitcoin stash.

But in this case we also can't just fixate on the number at the end. It may be true that when we are and buy bitcoin for $10 or $20 for a week it will not be enough for us in the acquisition of bitcoin but if indeed we can only afford that price then it is not a problem as long as we consistently do it. It will be much more worth it than forcing to allocate more bitcoin purchases than that but instead make your economy shaken because you are too forced to be in bitcoin which in the end the DCA scheme that is done becomes chaotic in the end.

It's not about sufficiency in the end, It is indeed possible to be in bitcoin for most people to be at a point where we have a large enough supply of bitcoin so that it is easy for us and enough for the future but that does not mean we also have to force to invest more than we can do and with a duration of time that is actually not profitable because after all the duration of investment must also be seen from our current age when indeed we are at an older age such as in a few years we have entered the retirement phase for example it will actually be a ridiculous decision if we force investment for a duration of 20 years or more so that for the duration of time we also have to look at our own conditions in the end.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Miles2006

Activity: 280
Merit: 175

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 11:54:57 PM

But in this case we also can't just fixate on the number at the end. It may be true that when we are and buy bitcoin for $10 or $20 for a week it will not be enough for us in the acquisition of bitcoin but if indeed we can only afford that price then it is not a problem as long as we consistently do it. It will be much more worth it than forcing to allocate more bitcoin purchases than that but instead make your economy shaken because you are too forced to be in bitcoin which in the end the DCA scheme that is done becomes chaotic in the end.

It's not about sufficiency in the end, It is indeed possible to be in bitcoin for most people to be at a point where we have a large enough supply of bitcoin so that it is easy for us and enough for the future but that does not mean we also have to force to invest more than we can do and with a duration of time that is actually not profitable because after all the duration of investment must also be seen from our current age when indeed we are at an older age such as in a few years we have entered the retirement phase for example it will actually be a ridiculous decision if we force investment for a duration of 20 years or more so that for the duration of time we also have to look at our own conditions in the end.

Bitcoin investment is not forcefully or rather the long term investment like 20-30 years is for a better profit at the end nothing else as related to forcing an investment like bitcoin because clearly seen bitcoin investment can’t work with such mindset. From my view investing $10 or $20 consistently can’t be an aggressive move because we can say an investor is forcing their accumulation by investing with a huge amount they can’t withstand during the long run but when an investor is comfortable with their accumulation gradually they’ll build a solid portfolio within the long run, well the reason why 20-30 years is okay for an investor who accumulate $10 every week is because they’ve not gotten something big within a short period so you can clearly see your accumulation process matters a lot. I agree when you mentioned about sufficiency but we can all agree the goal is making sure our investment is okay despite any obstacle. I love saying this words when it comes to bitcoin investment, a good plan always end with success meaning what ever you think will always be the end result, in summary if anyone has gotten to an old age I strongly believe such person have accumulated something good and profitable because surprisingly time flies fast except the person is  coming newly.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
FinePoine0

Activity: 434
Merit: 129

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 14, 2024, 11:58:05 PM

Yes this will usually be the best strategy for a poor holder, as not everyone may be in favor of investing with accumulated money. So that person can regularly participate in bitcoin investment with small amount of money which is the best strategy for him. You notice that investing in the DCA method is much more likely to be a maximum long-term investment, because the price of Bitcoin is not always dumping and not always pumping.  Therefore employing DCA method is maximum perfect according to Bitcoin price, and it controls the average price.

uswa56

Activity: 854
Merit: 211

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 12:22:50 AM

Yes this will usually be the best strategy for a poor holder, as not everyone may be in favor of investing with accumulated money. So that person can regularly participate in bitcoin investment with small amount of money which is the best strategy for him. You notice that investing in the DCA method is much more likely to be a maximum long-term investment, because the price of Bitcoin is not always dumping and not always pumping.  Therefore employing DCA method is maximum perfect according to Bitcoin price, and it controls the average price.
I think everyone will be able to use this method whether they have large wealth or not, but this strategy will be very useful for some people who want to accumulate Bitcoin gradually and can hold it in the long term, when we want to hold it in the long term of course we have to have good planning before collecting Bitcoin and it will be difficult for us to hold it in the long term if we don't have good planning before collecting it will certainly not be able to hold the assets we have.

What you say is very true, when we can invest regularly using the DCA method, of course this will be able to control the average purchase and this can certainly provide profits according to what we want.

laijsica

Activity: 126
Merit: 87

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 12:47:59 AM

You are correct. Dollar Cost Averaging method is always extremely easy solution for all class of people for Bitcoin investment. Historically, depositing fiat strategies in banks or insurance companies has been a long process, while bitcoin depositing strategies are much simpler. Whatever the dumping and pumping of Bitcoin's value is doing Dollar Cost Averaging which over a long period of time gives you more stacks than the price.Low accumulation strategy for normal investors may take longer to reach decent stash size but profits are high in long run.

ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org     ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org    ElonCoin.org
●          Mars, here we come!          ●
██ ████ ███ ██ ████ ███ ██   Join Discord   ██ ███ ████ ██ ███ ████ ██
Samlucky O

Activity: 322
Merit: 268

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2024, 01:35:50 AM

These are different strategies in accumulating Bitcoin. Some investors use DCA strategy, others prefer buying the DIP strategy, while some DCA and also reserves funds to also buy during the DIP and some accumulate with lump-sum (Rich folks). All these approach are decisions made individually with what suits our bitcoin investment goals.
You seam to be making sense though but you way of explaining this approach looks contradictory but I can still get your point which explains about accumulation process, and that has been the topic of discussion right from the onset of this thread. Surely each individual must invest according to how it suits them in Oder not to invest aggressively. Because if anyone should rush to invest without making proper research, such person may rush to sell and will be left with nothing than regret.

Of all the strategies waiting to buy bitcoin during DIP alone without applying DCA strategy might slow your bitcoin investment growth because the price might not DIP to your desired levels and timing the market can be stressful.
I think there is a misconception here, there is never a place where Investor will only be buying when it's dip without considering DCA. The problem of this your post is that you are not directly reply anyone here otherwise I would have said that you are correcting any body but I will tell you that almost everyone in this thread knows that the the three investment approach is used by only one person and not specifically for different people. Though some people may decide to choose 1 of the strategy alone maybe either dip and HODL, DCA and lump sum. But surely if we want to maintain a good balance in this bitcoin investment, we need to apply all the strategy to be able to be advantageous and also being in a safer side. Once we have a discretion fund with us we can be able to use all the strategy to yield a better result, compeard to those who only concentrate on 1 approach which is not a good one. For example a person who usually buys Bitcoin when it's dip may always be confused when is the best time to buy the dip or a person who usually buy lump sum as well be confused of when to buy but a person that has a reserve fund and is applying all the method stand a better chance in btc accumulation and it's never borderd  when to buy.

DCAing can be done alone regardless of market fluctuations as long you keep it consistent but I don't see any need to wait for the DIP alone to accumulate bitcoin rather combining DCA with buy during DIPs can further enhance portfolio growth by taking advantage of lower prices when they occur.
That is what all the active participant in this thread has been saying all this while which is true maybe you are the one who has never understood it all this while. I believe with your explanation you have fully understood what the thread is talking about in best investment approach to use which is combining all together to yeald a better result.

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10424

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 02:43:48 AM

[edited out]
Of course Tmoonz is right with his ideas but since we disagree to agree here I will like to buttress and point out so fact that must have amounted to confusion of the other party.

Let's say for instance: We've got three major strategies for bitcoin investment which is DCA, Buying the dips and Lump sum. I believe sometimes this strategies do have some collision which is where agbamoni might be getting is wrong but this collision literally doesn't show up frequently.

Here is the instance; Using my Churchillvv as the case study,

Point A Churchillvv(1) usually practice the DCA method of investing hence does not care what the price is (volatility) as his intention must be for long term investment.

Point B Churchillvv(2), Also practice the buy the dips and he does care what the price is and tries to maximise profit by buying only when the price is low.

Point C Churchillvv(3) Also practice the Limb sum method of buying bitcoin, at this point he does not also care what the price is but because there is an extra cash flow he decides to go in at once.

Having identify this three points, the rare collision happens where, Churchillvv usually buys the dips but for some reason during this purchase he gets an extra cash follow which is not certain then decides to push in all the extra cash into his bitcoin investment, note at this same point bitcoin price is relatively low which also means the dips. At this point where he buys both the dips and also buys bitcoin using his extra cash flow which is expect in this instance to be huge to buy bitcoin it is now in a state of collision as both strategies occurred at this same time. which I see as the area where Agbamoni might be looking at but the fact is they (the three strategies) are different things all together.

So to put you Agbamoni in the right direction, lump sum means buying bitcoin only when you have a huge amount and decide ms to invest regardless of the current bitcoin price. This practice is more applicable when you usually get your money once in a while. But buying the dips means even if you have the money now and BTC price is relatively high you would rather wait even if it takes 365 days to reach your relatively low price before you purchase. Note the time differences

You are not really wrong in anything you say.. and I think that the main point is attempting to understand that there are advantages in knowing the difference in order to potentially take advantage of the differences and attempt to figure out whether you might want to vary your own application based on the options that are available to you.

For example, if you already have a formula that you are going to spend a certain percentage of your newly incoming discretionary income (for example 33% of your newly incoming money is going to be spent on buying bitcoin right away, 33% is going to be set aside for buying dips and 33% is going to be set aside for float and/or reserves - presuming your emergency fund is already in place), then whether you receive higher amounts of money or not is not really going to make a difference because you already have a system that you are following (and yeah, you can also vary your system too in order to account for things happening with the price, the size of your BTC stash and other things going on in your life that also might relate to the 9 individual factors).

Many times folks like to juxtapose ideas of lump sum investing versus DCA, so yeah, you could be a brand new investor and you have $50k that is already saved up in various investments, so if you tell yourself that you want to have 15% of your investment portfolio invested into bitcoin, then that may well mean taking $7,500 from your other investments and investing it into bitcoin.. which surely might be a kind of lump sum investing. and then maybe you wait 1-2 years and then decide what you are going to do.

Some people are really in the practice of lump sum investing, so then frequently when they do it, they try to time their lump sum investment for a price dip, so they end up employing a kind of hybrid tactic, and maybe they are not realy interested in a DCA way of investing.. but they are timing their lump sum buys with attempts to buy dips.. which may or may not end up working out as well for them..  but if they might have a deadline for themselves that they are investing their lump sum within a certain period of time or under certain conditions, then that might be the way that they think about investing into bitcoin.

I frequently like to give examples of lump sum investments to be a way that a guy might invest into bitcoin, and that at the same time he supplements with DCA investing - so yeah in those kinds of cases we might imagine a person who receives bonuses or some somewhat surprise quantities of money 2-3 times a year, and with those extra amounts that come in, there can come opportunities for creativity that could include any of the three strategies in terms of how to treat those extra amounts, so maybe his regular DCA is right around $100 per week, but if he gets $3k 2 or 3 times per year, he may well have flexibility in terms of which category to put the money and if he adds to his DCA, maybe he creates a buying on dip fund (if he does not have any buying on dip fund in place) and maybe he also might decide to lump sum buy some BTC right away when that money comes in with a portion of it, whether it is 1/4 of it? or maybe 1/3 of it, or maybe 1/2 of it or maybe some other amount that makes sense after he assessed various aspects of his finances/psychology and his 9 factors.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Mayor of ogba

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 04:31:34 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Yes this will usually be the best strategy for a poor holder, as not everyone may be in favor of investing with accumulated money. So that person can regularly participate in bitcoin investment with small amount of money which is the best strategy for him. You notice that investing in the DCA method is much more likely to be a maximum long-term investment, because the price of Bitcoin is not always dumping and not always pumping.  Therefore employing DCA method is maximum perfect according to the Bitcoin price, and it controls the average price.

The DCA strategy was not designed for poor investors; both the rich and the poor can use this strategy to accumulate bitcoin if they want to. Every investor accumulates bitcoin with the DCA strategy for different reasons, but one of the main reasons that attracts people to use the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin is that it will control their emotions. With the DCA strategy, you will never want to wait for the bitcoin price to drop before you can accumulate a stash. You will accumulate bitcoin anytime your money is readily available, even though bitcoin is high, because you know if there is a dip, the DCA strategy will still allow you to accumulate bitcoin.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
FAST DEPOSITS
AND WITHDRAWALS
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                   ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
WHEEL OF
FORTUNE
[WELCOME OFFER
     200% + 50FS
]▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Tmoonz

Activity: 196
Merit: 155

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 08:05:45 AM

These are different strategies in accumulating Bitcoin. Some investors use DCA strategy, others prefer buying the DIP strategy, while some DCA and also reserves funds to also buy during the DIP and some accumulate with lump-sum (Rich folks). All these approach are decisions made individually with what suits our bitcoin investment goals.

This assertion has been corrected @jay juanGee of which I completely agreed with him that anyone can actually come in to a situation in which they have lump sum amount available and make such decision of utilizing the lump sum buying strategy in to Bitcoin investment such as one could (1) win a lottery (2) received a bonus at work (3)  or an inheritance money, just few to mention which of this doesn't necessarily or exactly make them rich but out of their personal decision to lump sum buy after taken care of their living expenses and provisional emergency funds, what am emphasizing on is that the idea of the lump sum buying is not only subjected to the rich. But however, the logic is that every investor must choice a strategy or strategies that will suit him or her.

Taskford

Activity: 2576
Merit: 798

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 08:31:22 AM

Yes this will usually be the best strategy for a poor holder, as not everyone may be in favor of investing with accumulated money. So that person can regularly participate in bitcoin investment with small amount of money which is the best strategy for him. You notice that investing in the DCA method is much more likely to be a maximum long-term investment, because the price of Bitcoin is not always dumping and not always pumping.  Therefore employing DCA method is maximum perfect according to the Bitcoin price, and it controls the average price.

The DCA strategy was not designed for poor investors; both the rich and the poor can use this strategy to accumulate bitcoin if they want to. Every investor accumulates bitcoin with the DCA strategy for different reasons, but one of the main reasons that attracts people to use the DCA strategy to accumulate bitcoin is that it will control their emotions. With the DCA strategy, you will never want to wait for the bitcoin price to drop before you can accumulate a stash. You will accumulate bitcoin anytime your money is readily available, even though bitcoin is high, because you know if there is a dip, the DCA strategy will still allow you to accumulate bitcoin.

It designs to all and very manageable strategy to use by anyone. That's why this has been the hottest topic since many think that even newbies can able to do this strategy since its easy to understand and execute depends on there willingness to invest at certain times.

But they should not forget that there are other good methods to use like lump sum investing which people could also consider to use and they can diversified their portfolios by using this. Now its up to the investor to research on which strategy is suitable for them since both DCA and lump sump is good methods to use for their investment on bitcoin.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Bravut

Activity: 140
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 12:41:45 PM

This assertion has been corrected @jay juanGee of which I completely agreed with him that anyone can actually come in to a situation in which they have lump sum amount available and make such decision of utilizing the lump sum buying strategy in to Bitcoin investment such as one could (1) win a lottery (2) received a bonus at work (3)  or an inheritance money, just few to mention which of this doesn't necessarily or exactly make them rich but out of their personal decision to lump sum buy after taken care of their living expenses and provisional emergency funds, what am emphasizing on is that the idea of the lump sum buying is not only subjected to the rich. But however, the logic is that every investor must choice a strategy or strategies that will suit him or her.

Well said, Any investor can lump sum as far the money is readily available which can be sourced from your point already listed out, lump summing does not mean an investor needs have thousands of dollars but simply any amount above the normal for instance; Someone who already had a savings of $500, he decides to start investing in Bitcoin which he did use $300 to buy Bitcoin and initiated a plan that allows him use $20 weekly to keep accumulating the, $300 is the lump summing amount.

Everyone is entitled to there choice and decision on how they choose to go about there investment, the goal should be focus on consistency and discipline aligning with your plan.

As I would always say, the strategy is not the criteria for a good stash of Bitcoin though has an influence but the amount invested is directly proportional to the amount (stash) of Bitcoin present.
Uhwuchukwu53

Activity: 238
Merit: 39

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 01:17:15 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2024, 09:34:47 PM by Uhwuchukwu53

Yes this will usually be the best strategy for a poor holder, as not everyone may be in favor of investing with accumulated money. So that person can regularly participate in bitcoin investment with small amount of money which is the best strategy for him. You notice that investing in the DCA method is much more likely to be a maximum long-term investment, because the price of Bitcoin is not always dumping and not always pumping.  Therefore employing DCA method is maximum perfect according to the Bitcoin price, and it controls the average price.

It designs to all and very manageable strategy to use by anyone. That's why this has been the hottest topic since many think that even newbies can able to do this strategy since its easy to understand and execute depends on there willingness to invest at certain times.

But they should not forget that there are other good methods to use like lump sum investing which people could also consider to use and they can diversified their portfolios by using this. Now its up to the investor to research on which strategy is suitable for them since both DCA and lump sump is good methods to use for their investment on bitcoin.

All what your saying is correct in terms of investor making a choice because even as it's preferably investment strategy may be certain individual has what they prefer most, though while the lump sum is mostly discussed here for me is as a result of many who speak of investment like newbie may hardly have what it takes to lump sum, because the DCA for me is more easy because since it's not just once buying, it does not look too huge interems of releasing the money one has at hand why engaging on it, using the lump sum some who are not financially competent may be afraid if the money to lump sum is very Big but this DCA seem gradual accumulating that one will not know before hand has invested huge .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Y3shot

Activity: 630
Merit: 172

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 01:31:58 PM

when we can invest regularly using the DCA method, of course this will be able to control the average purchase and this can certainly provide profits according to what we want.
making use of the DCA (Dollar-Cost Averaging) method to invest is good and can also be of good help to invest bitcoin.Tge DCA method of investing bitcoin brings down timing risks, make discipline in investment habit and average out market functions.

investing a certain amount of money in Bitcoin at regular intervals, it will be good buying more bitcoin when prices are low and fewer amount of Bitcoin when prices are high. This can help one to realise good accumulation  of bitcoin  and increase the chances of long-term investment success.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Ruttoshi

Activity: 364
Merit: 299

Baba God Noni

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 01:53:42 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2024, 02:05:27 PM by Ruttoshi

I will suggest that if a person is merely buying anywhere between $10 per week/month and $100 per week/month is likely going to need way more than 10 years in order to get to a status of having had accumulated a sufficient amount of bitcoin.  Perhaps such a person will need 20-30 years or  more to really get to a decent place with his/her bitcoin stash.

Yes this will usually be the best strategy for a poor holder, as not everyone may be in favor of investing with accumulated money. So that person can regularly participate in bitcoin investment with small amount of money which is the best strategy for him. You notice that investing in the DCA method is much more likely to be a maximum long-term investment, because the price of Bitcoin is not always dumping and not always pumping.  Therefore employing DCA method is maximum perfect according to the Bitcoin price, and it controls the average price.

The DCA method also gives you the opportunity to buy bitcoin and grow your investment gradually, because you will be buying always weekly or monthly. Before you know it you will have accumulated a good amount of bitcoin within 4-10 years time and above, based on how much that you are using to buy from your discretionary maybe at $10, $30 $100 and above. You will be buying with ease and you will not feel it, only what you need is discipline and sacrifice in order for you to reach your bitcoin target.

DCA strategy is good for new beginner and low coiner to use in accumulating bitcoin since the plan is to just keep on buying without stopping for a very long time so that they can be able to cover up their lateness to bitcoin, because they still have a very long way to go in their bitcoin accumulation journey before the price of bitcoin goes very high.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Aanuoluwatofunmi

Activity: 630
Merit: 410

View Profile
June 15, 2024, 02:22:56 PM

As an investor, we have to put in consideration all of the strategies you have mentioned here, also, combining them as well is never a bad idea for those who may desire or like to have a combination for one or two strategy, but before we can start any of these approach, we have to get a means of identifying the kind of investor we are, how long we are targeting for the investment as well as how much we are investing in for that particular reason, this will help us towards achieving for the required means for the best our of interest over what we are investing, also, we can be able to position our targets on the right time and plan ahead in other to avoid having uncertainties in the way we invest, hold or sell at any particular time.
Ricardo11

Activity: 420
Merit: 120

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2024, 03:14:05 PM

As an investor, we have to put in consideration all of the strategies you have mentioned here, also, combining them as well is never a bad idea for those who may desire or like to have a combination for one or two strategy, but before we can start any of these approach, we have to get a means of identifying the kind of investor we are, how long we are targeting for the investment as well as how much we are investing in for that particular reason, this will help us towards achieving for the required means for the best our of interest over what we are investing, also, we can be able to position our targets on the right time and plan ahead in other to avoid having uncertainties in the way we invest, hold or sell at any particular time.
You must invest in things that you fully understand, and must keep your goal for a long time, and you must focus only on long time accumulation. Remember that you will get a higher return only when you can buy at a lower price at the time of purchase. Real investors always buy on the dip, they never think of selling on the dip, and when it increases over time, they can make huge profits. Currently the price has dropped a lot, I think it is a very good opportunity to buy. In this opportunity we should look at buying more. And can be a good startup point for beginners to start. If the newbies start investing from this point then they will get some good returns when Bitcoin goes above 120K.

So make a sound plan to sustain yourself for a long time and start from any good startup point (whichever feels good to you). And don't panic after investing and start holding for a long time, you will see that at some point you have got a very good return.

Pages: « 1 ... 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 463 464 465 »
  Print  

Jump to: