Bitcoin Forum
August 06, 2024, 06:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 98420 times)
Marvelockg

Activity: 252
Merit: 165

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 05:12:18 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Just like the saying goes, all fingers are not equal and your entire savings can be someone's weekly expenditure. Every investor buys at their own capacity. What Mr A might call lump sum might be Mr. B's periodic purchase.

So the deal is to buy at your capacity and reach your accumulation target, as long as there's still enough BTC supply to continue buying, the high capacity investor and low capacity investor are all doing a great job in their accumulation journeys.

Staying calm and true to the plan that you've got ( I mean anybody here) is key, even when waves come to shove.
“In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.” Dwight Eisenhower.
what sort of a quote is this? Even in the literal meaning of war or in making plans for your Bitcoin accumilation, you can't factor out the place of making some basic plans that aids you along your accumilation journey? It's not as though you must necessarily over plan but things like;
×. How much is convenient for your DCA
×. How regular you will do your buys per month
×. How you factor your emergency funds and
× even how much that goes into your spending while carrying out your accumilation are all things you need to plan for and ensure that you're disciplined enough to execute it as at when due. Plans are as necessary as executing them.

Life is rarely that simple, since what you can afford to invest today may be completely different than what you can afford to invest tomorrow, as anything could happen that could disrupt or wreck your perfectly researched plan.
it's the knowledge that uncertainty exist at the other side of your investment that gives you a strong reason to even make plans for them and prepare on how to protect your investment at such point in time. Even if at some point along your DCA, you're unable to use up to the amount you've slated out, it doesn't mean your investment plan is faulty, you can still buy with what you're able to at such time and when things falls back to normal, you can then go back to your normal routine. If after making your plans you're faced with uncertainty that shakes you, so you care to know what would have been the case with zero pan for emergency funds and other necessary consideration?

For this reason anyone that is interested on becoming an investor should consider the very real possibility that not only things will not go according to their plans, but they may even lose money despite picking one, if not the best asset in existence today, and once you realize this your overall strategy and preparedness will improve, however we cannot be rigid about the way we think about our plans as sometimes a complete overhaul may be necessary.
I don't want to sound overly optimistic that you can never loose your money in your investment but if you aren't playing out either in trying to sell too soon to buy back or trying altcoin as a means to become less stiff in your investment, the chance of losing in your Bitcoin investment is actually very slim if you're doing the right thing. And I bet you aren't referring to market correction as loss and feel that at such point in time that things aren't going as planned.

Mayor of ogba

Activity: 364
Merit: 261

stead.builders

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 05:33:22 PM

I`m in it for a good 10 years from now anyway, so may as well just set-and-forget really, the thought of watching charts for the next 10 years really doesn`t appeal to me.
I know you are new to bitcoin investment, but I want you to know that since you are investing in bitcoin for the long term, there will be no need to read any charts before you can accumulate bitcoin because you are not accumulating bitcoin for short-term profit. Bitcoin investment is simple, and since you are a newbie or a new investor in bitcoin, I will advise you to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that you will not need to time the market or read any charts to guide you to buy bitcoin at a low price, which may delay your bitcoin accumulation journey because the bitcoin price might not reduce to your entry point. With the DCA strategy, you can accumulate bitcoin even when the price is increasing or decreasing, and it will also help to control your emotions.

█████████▄▄▄████▄█▄
███████▄█████▄▄█████▄
████████▀███▀░░▀██████▄
█████████▀███████▀██████
░░▄█▄████▄██▄██████▀███
▄█████▄█████▄████████
▀███▀░░▀██████▄███▄██▄
██████████▀█████░░██████▄
░░███▄██████▀██████▀███▀
██████▄███████▄█████
██▀██████▄░░▄███▄
████▀█████▀▀█████▀
██████▀█▀████▀▀▀
STEAD██████▄███▄
█████████████████▄▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
░▄▄███████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████████
░▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 
Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

██
██
████████

JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
Obim34

Activity: 322
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 08:12:09 PM

For this reason anyone that is interested on becoming an investor should consider the very real possibility that not only things will not go according to their plans, but they may even lose money despite picking one, if not the best asset in existence today, and once you realize this your overall strategy and preparedness will improve, however we cannot be rigid about the way we think about our plans as sometimes a complete overhaul may be necessary.
I don't want to sound overly optimistic that you can never loose your money in your investment but if you aren't playing out either in trying to sell too soon to buy back or trying altcoin as a means to become less stiff in your investment, the chance of losing in your Bitcoin investment is actually very slim if you're doing the right thing. And I bet you aren't referring to market correction as loss and feel that at such point in time that things aren't going as planned.
I don't see any easy possibility of taking any losses, aside from act of carelessness and just as you mentioned (playing out either in trying to sell too soon to buy back or trying altcoin as a means to become less stiff in your investment). Bitcoin is a safe assets to invest into, if the future is yet unknown but then history holds how Bitcoin has moved from so low to a crazy all time high, now also would serve as a history to the future only to those who seized the opportunity of accumulating  now and hold instead of relying on doubting the outcome of the market, whether profitable or not.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Odohu

Activity: 462
Merit: 438

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 08:30:08 PM
Merited by Zackz5000 (2), JayJuanGee (1)

I`m in it for a good 10 years from now anyway, so may as well just set-and-forget really, the thought of watching charts for the next 10 years really doesn`t appeal to me.
I know you are new to bitcoin investment, but I want you to know that since you are investing in bitcoin for the long term, there will be no need to read any charts before you can accumulate bitcoin because you are not accumulating bitcoin for short-term profit. Bitcoin investment is simple, and since you are a newbie or a new investor in bitcoin, I will advise you to accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy so that you will not need to time the market or read any charts to guide you to buy bitcoin at a low price, which may delay your bitcoin accumulation journey because the bitcoin price might not reduce to your entry point. With the DCA strategy, you can accumulate bitcoin even when the price is increasing or decreasing, and it will also help to control your emotions.
A little guide on how to go about it would have helped. Your advice to avoid looking at the chart always is valid and for new investor, it is not necessary to know how to ready the chart because it is just like a waste of time. Instead, he can buy from the exchanges using market execution if he choses to use the DCA method which is highly recommended for a new investor. If the option is to wait for dips before buying, this might also be good but a new investor should think more towards the DCA method which is more systematic and have some forms of discipline inherent in it.

In addition, he also have to pay attention to other things that will help him HODL not just how to buy. He might have good plans in terms of long term but if he did not make adequate preparations, such plans can be spoilt. There have been cases of people who plan to invest and hold but have no proper plan and in the end they sell their Bitcoin when issues arise. So, while we focus on buying, we should also make plans for how to protect the investment from sudden liquidation.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
ginsan

Activity: 1414
Merit: 636

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 08:55:47 PM

~~~~
 So, while we focus on buying, we should also make plans for how to protect the investment from sudden liquidation.
I quoted the last part (liquidation)

That's a big meaning for investments made in futures, isn't it?

As I have implemented, I buy on the spot exchange and withdraw it to my personal wallet so there is no such thing as liquidation in the investment I make.

Maybe I don't understand or in other words I'm still a layman, isn't Liquidation included in trading because the smaller our margin, the closer we will be to Liquidation.

So the conclusion here is of course that we also have to have a way to continue holding Bitcoin in any condition and if we implement this successfully then we will see an extraordinary process with satisfaction when we reach the target in the investment we make.

Also agree with your opinion that we don't have to monitor charts every day because we are not traders. And also the purchases we make do not need to analyze charts because we are not traders. Yes, in essence we continue to buy and that is a DCA strategy that runs every week.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
rachael9385

Activity: 532
Merit: 382

BA_LA_FA_MA

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 08:58:39 PM
Merited by Sim_card (1)

I`v Very recently decided to take the "lazy" path, up until now I`v been strategic DCAing, waiting for dips and buying, and it was fun for a couple of years, but now I`v just set up a regular Buy-order twice a month so I can pretty much just ignore it from now on, and only buy extra during dips if I feel like it.
The really neat part was that I had an auto-buy last night and it was during the dip! I`d have had to stay awake all night to have caught it.
Well, if you have started your investment then it's good to hear that, but from my perspectives I don't support the ideas of you buying only during DIP as it's not a 100% good idea to buy only during the dip.
And also, you don't need any chart thing as you are not going for trading anyway, traders are the people that needs to read/study the charts before buying, but since you are in for long term investment it would be a good idea to just buy as a you are aware of the DCA strategy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1245

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2024, 10:47:15 PM

I don't see any easy possibility of taking any losses, aside from act of carelessness and just as you mentioned (playing out either in trying to sell too soon to buy back or trying altcoin as a means to become less stiff in your investment). Bitcoin is a safe assets to invest into, if the future is yet unknown but then history holds how Bitcoin has moved from so low to a crazy all time high, now also would serve as a history to the future only to those who seized the opportunity of accumulating  now and hold instead of relying on doubting the outcome of the market, whether profitable or not.

The only reason why they lose on holding if they buy the news then get panic with it. But if they are fine even if there's fud spreading then continue to accumulate while everyone is panicking with such condition occur in the market then provably they are pretty much fine and no lose will happen. if there's a decline in value then that's just a paper loss and bitcoin ratio still the same with their accumulated asset. Bitcoin is really a safe asset to choose compare on other alts since for many times we see it having a great recovery after it experience a bearish run. That's scenarios should be considered by those who doubt about doing holding since they should consider those great recoveries and bull runs  scenario since for sure they will be fine on holding investment rather than thinking about short term then trade those shitcoins around since they provably be more in losing side with choosing that option.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Miles2006

Merit: 200

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 11:28:41 PM

I`v Very recently decided to take the "lazy" path, up until now I`v been strategic DCAing, waiting for dips and buying, and it was fun for a couple of years, but now I`v just set up a regular Buy-order twice a month so I can pretty much just ignore it from now on, and only buy extra during dips if I feel like it.
The really neat part was that I had an auto-buy last night and it was during the dip! I`d have had to stay awake all night to have caught it.
Well, if you have started your investment then it's good to hear that, but from my perspectives I don't support the ideas of you buying only during DIP as it's not a 100% good idea to buy only during the dip.
And also, you don't need any chart thing as you are not going for trading anyway, traders are the people that needs to read/study the charts before buying, but since you are in for long term investment it would be a good idea to just buy as a you are aware of the DCA strategy.
Certainly, I see a lot of traders coming into the investing space for quick gains etc. I believe what everyone should think of is how to buy on regular basis and avoid unnecessary drama for more benefit keeping our investment healthy for long run. If I’m not mistaking Katherine_Alicia is making use of dca and buying the dip from what I read it’s actually nice if an investor have the available money to invest on regular basis and still keep up with buying the dip, that’s a unique way of growing little investment but, firstly having an extra money to buy during the dip is not actually a force as everyone have their differences and situation, secondly the charts is a personal decision if an investor can successfully watch the charts without being tempted or panic but personally I will advice investors should not show concern when it comes to price movement or should we be talking about charts when investing for the long run? Because I feel it’s not necessary attaching bitcoin chart and investing when there’s nothing common between both.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Moreno233

Activity: 406
Merit: 225

View Profile
August 02, 2024, 11:55:17 PM

The only reason why they lose on holding if they buy the news then get panic with it.
A lot of us actually bought the news at some point but the intention differs. Some bought the news hoping to sell immediately for quick profit and get roasted. Some bought the news because they don't want to miss buying at lower prices even though their intention is for long term holding. Let me give example of such case. Late last year, the news about the ETF approval was all over the place and this triggered some initial moves in the market already. Consequently, many of us increased our buying amount to get more Bitcoin before the price get out of hand because the expectation was that after the ETF approval, Bitcoin might create a new price regime that will totally different from what we had then. Indeed it happened that after the ETF approval, price shifted to a new ATH and since then we have not seen price so low again. Now we had good positions filled at pre-ETF prices which is still sitting in huge profits now because the intention was to buy and HODL. So, one can actually take advantage of the news to increase his Bitcoin.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 10637

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 12:46:37 AM

~~~~So, while we focus on buying, we should also make plans for how to protect the investment from sudden liquidation.

You can use the term "liquidation" in more contexts rather than merely talking about futures.  Odohu used the term liquidation in the context of your making a mistake and then having to sell your bitcoin (or your investment) at a time that was not of your own choosing.

I know that many of us (if not mostly all of us) are not using leverage, so sometimes in trading and in margin trading a person could get liquidated also when the BTC price moves against his bet (whether he bet long or he bet short), so when you use leverage, sometimes you can lose your money (or your BTC) much faster than you would be able to lose it in situations in which you ONLY buy spot price.

I think that a lot of us frequently proclaim that if you do not use leverage and you are buying bitcoin regularly, then the most that you could ever lose is 100% of what you had invested - yet if you are engaging in sloppy personal cash management, then you end up increasing the kinds of scenarios in which you might be able to lose your money because you end up forced into selling your BTC because you were sloppy in your own cashflow management.  None of us should want to be forced to sell some or all of our BTC at a time that is anything other than a time of our own choosing.

As I have implemented, I buy on the spot exchange and withdraw it to my personal wallet so there is no such thing as liquidation in the investment I make.

You probably are correct, except if you mess around with your own personal finances, and if you don't have an emergency fund, reserves or float, then you might end up in a situation in which you are forced to sell your BTC.. . but if you are engaging in sound practices with back up funds, then it is less likely that you would end up in a situation of liquidation.. yet none of us should feel exempt from sloppy practices, and sometimes guys might even overly spend their discretionary income and take out loans, and then if he is faced with loss of income or extra unexpected expenses, then he could end up getting forced into a situation in which he has to sell some or all of his BTC at a time that is not completely of his own choosing.

Maybe I don't understand or in other words I'm still a layman, isn't Liquidation included in trading because the smaller our margin, the closer we will be to Liquidation.

So the conclusion here is of course that we also have to have a way to continue holding Bitcoin in any condition and if we implement this successfully then we will see an extraordinary process with satisfaction when we reach the target in the investment we make.

Also agree with your opinion that we don't have to monitor charts every day because we are not traders. And also the purchases we make do not need to analyze charts because we are not traders. Yes, in essence we continue to buy and that is a DCA strategy that runs every week.

From your description and explanation, it seems to me that you largely already understand the ideas of liquidation, yet at the same time, it seems that you were getting distracted and confused by the exact word rather than appreciating how it was being used, and sometimes we need to be more flexible with our undersrtanding of various scenarios in which someone might use words in a context other than what you had been expecting the word to be used..

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Rabata

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 04:32:11 AM

Buying on a dip is definitely a good idea but an investor cannot get advance information about when a dip will occur. And if he can't buy from the dip, his bitcoin portfolio won't grow. This means that this strategy will never be profitable for those who only want to increase their Bitcoin holdings by buying from the dip. If those investors do only DCA then they will have the opportunity to buy on the dip and continue their holdings even if the price of Bitcoin goes up slightly. This will increase their Bitcoin amount. A holder's main objective should be to increase the amount of Bitcoins so that he can build permanent assets in the long term.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Katherine_Alicia

Activity: 31
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2024, 06:43:48 AM

Certainly, I see a lot of traders coming into the investing space for quick gains etc. I believe what everyone should think of is how to buy on regular basis and avoid unnecessary drama for more benefit keeping our investment healthy for long run. If I’m not mistaking Katherine_Alicia is making use of dca and buying the dip from what I read it’s actually nice if an investor have the available money to invest on regular basis and still keep up with buying the dip, that’s a unique way of growing little investment but, firstly having an extra money to buy during the dip is not actually a force as everyone have their differences and situation, secondly the charts is a personal decision if an investor can successfully watch the charts without being tempted or panic but personally I will advice investors should not show concern when it comes to price movement or should we be talking about charts when investing for the long run? Because I feel it’s not necessary attaching bitcoin chart and investing when there’s nothing common between both.

Yup, I`m doing both the regular (automated) DCA, as well as buying dip when the happen, for instance there was a dip last night UK time and bought some extra even though my next DCA buy isn`t until the 15`th Aug, That`s why I like having a realtime price update on my shelf, I can see the current price as easily as looking at a clock. I agree it`s not for everyone though, some will panic when it goes down, and it`s my job to buy their fear.
I think it`s critical to always have some cash in place for emergencies so that you`re never tempted to dip into your BTC or investments, that cash protects your holdings, and those holdings protect your cash (from inflation), it`s the perfect setup IMO.
Justbillywitt

Merit: 262

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 08:54:00 AM

Yup, I`m doing both the regular (automated) DCA, as well as buying dip when the happen, for instance there was a dip last night UK time and bought some extra even though my next DCA buy isn`t until the 15`th Aug, That`s why I like having a realtime price update on my shelf, I can see the current price as easily as looking at a clock. I agree it`s not for everyone though, some will panic when it goes down, and it`s my job to buy their fear.
I think it`s critical to always have some cash in place for emergencies so that you`re never tempted to dip into your BTC or investments, that cash protects your holdings, and those holdings protect your cash (from inflation), it`s the perfect setup IMO.

That's true the emergency funds are very crucial for successful investment and holding Secondly a source of funds should also be there also. If we focus only on the keeping emergency funds without having a good source of funds, it will come a time when our emergency funds provision will be used up and when that happens our investment will be in danger. Source of funds is the pillar that holds our investment and our emergency funds. If possible multiple sources of income is encouraged.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Mayor of ogba

Merit: 261

stead.builders

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 02:24:06 PM

A holder's main objective should be to increase the amount of Bitcoins so that he can build permanent assets in the long term.
I disagree with your statement because if an investor's main objective is to grow his bitcoin investment, the investor will not be able to hold his bitcoin for the long term. I think an investor should be concerned about how to get a good and steady income source so that he or she can consistently accumulate bitcoin with the DCA strategy and also take care of his daily needs. A good and steady income source will help an investor hold bitcoin for the long term because there's a cash flow for the investor, either on a weekly or monthly basis, that he or she will use to sort out his life, and the investor will not think about selling his bitcoin to pay bills. However, once an investor stops getting cash flow, he or she will find it difficult to hold bitcoin for the long term because he or she will depend on it to survive. 

█████████▄▄▄████▄█▄
███████▄█████▄▄█████▄
████████▀███▀░░▀██████▄
█████████▀███████▀██████
░░▄█▄████▄██▄██████▀███
▄█████▄█████▄████████
▀███▀░░▀██████▄███▄██▄
██████████▀█████░░██████▄
░░███▄██████▀██████▀███▀
██████▄███████▄█████
██▀██████▄░░▄███▄
████▀█████▀▀█████▀
██████▀█▀████▀▀▀
STEAD██████▄███▄
█████████████████▄▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
░▄▄███████████████████▄▄
░▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 
Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

██
██
████████

JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
Roseline492

Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2024, 04:29:27 PM

A holder's main objective should be to increase the amount of Bitcoins so that he can build permanent assets in the long term.
I disagree with your statement because if an investor's main objective is to grow his bitcoin investment, the investor will not be able to hold his bitcoin for the long term.

I think what @Rabata was trying to say is that as a holder you should always continue to accumulate on a consistent basis in other to build up a good portfolio, so it was based on how he constructed the message that makes it sounds somehow but however he is actually right because that's our individual goals to be able to have a good sufficient amount of Bitcoin on our portfolio and of course to achieve those goals we should be able continue our accumulation.

Buying on a dip is definitely a good idea but an investor cannot get advance information about when a dip will occur. And if he can't buy from the dip, his bitcoin portfolio won't grow.

Of course everybody knows that buying at dip is good but however when somebody wants to make it there only investment strategy that's when it can become a distortion to there chances of having a good investment portfolio in the future which is why is very important to put some fact in consideration before going into buying at dip alone, however most of the questions they would need to ask themselves is that how often will the dip cames?, what if it takes a long time before it comes what will be my faith? Or what if I'm waiting for the dip and the price went very higher beyond my expected points and only dip a little what will I do?, actually if only those who focus only on buying at dip will answer themselves this question they would likely see the need to have a DCA included on there investment strategy.

$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1057

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2024, 04:38:24 PM

Likuditas has many meanings in various contexts that can lead to what is being talked about.
Let's say we buy bitcoin in spot trading and store it on the exchange then this can also be easily liquidated by you because you sell it at any time and then withdraw it to fiat properly.
But if you store the bitcoin after the purchase on the spot is withdrawn to a personal wallet then aya effort,, this also makes it difficult for you so that it can still keep you from selling easily...
Take the hardwallet, send it from there to the exchange so there is an effort to do it.

If the HODL strategy has its own way as long as we don't sell, we can still maintain it under any conditions, then our challenge has been successful, as now the price is falling, we are still strong enough to HODL and even buy again at every price drop.

I always determine that buying bitcoin on weekends will be easy to remember as a weekly DCA strategy, I also don't care about the red chart, our job is to keep buying every week.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
Cryptoprincess101

Activity: 294
Merit: 121

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 05:39:47 PM

That's true the emergency funds are very crucial for successful investment and holding Secondly a source of funds should also be there also. If we focus only on the keeping emergency funds without having a good source of funds, it will come a time when our emergency funds provision will be used up and when that happens our investment will be in danger. Source of funds is the pillar that holds our investment and our emergency funds. If possible multiple sources of income is encouraged.

There is need to have a reliable source of income before venturing into Bitcoin investments because for someone who is using the DCA strategy and it got to a point when you are unable to continue due to financial constraints, it often results to selling off your holdings since you have no other source of income and it is always difficult for anyone to have funds somewhere and not able to make use of it. Bitcoin investments is considered to be a long term investment growth so it requires preparedness before one can be able to hold for a long time. It will even be difficult for someone who don't have a good source of income to even keep emergency funds because of the little amounts they earn and it is also very good to have different sources of income so that if one fails you can still manage the other to be funding your DCA.

avp2306

Activity: 1078
Merit: 377

View Profile
August 03, 2024, 10:53:54 PM

There is need to have a reliable source of income before venturing into Bitcoin investments because for someone who is using the DCA strategy and it got to a point when you are unable to continue due to financial constraints, it often results to selling off your holdings since you have no other source of income and it is always difficult for anyone to have funds somewhere and not able to make use of it. Bitcoin investments is considered to be a long term investment growth so it requires preparedness before one can be able to hold for a long time. It will even be difficult for someone who don't have a good source of income to even keep emergency funds because of the little amounts they earn and it is also very good to have different sources of income so that if one fails you can still manage the other to be funding your DCA.

Reliable source of fund is really needed when you are trying to engage in invest we made. If people don't have proper funding's provably that they might think about asking for loan just to cover up their investment, since they might think its good action to do since they can gain profit anyways. Which I really think a wrong mindset to have and wrong action to do, since they are just putting their selves in more heavier situation since maybe for asking that loan they might get more pressure especially that they need to pay that money in the date they promise to pay their lenders. With that this is how the start of their investment to collapse especially if the situation didn't align to what they expect since sudden bearish season occur then provably they decide to sell in that condition because they have loan to pay.

So its good to have consistent source of funding's to avoid thinking about the option I mentioned and they could do right decision in the investments they made with bitcoin. Then they can look forward for future because they don't have any issues to think and what they could do is to prepare to build up their emergency funds when their bitcoin investment is already in good situation.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
 PLAY NOW 
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████
laijsica

Activity: 168
Merit: 129

Catalog Websites

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2024, 08:27:40 AM

Emergency fund sources tend to come from your disposable income which is multiple alternative sources. Alternative income arrangements along with investments can make your investment successful in the long run. Suppose you have an emergency fund for 6 months of household expenses and at the same time you continue to accumulate bitcoins it is a positive aspect for you to continue to accumulate bitcoins safely as future DCA management can be much more successful. If you have an emergency fund to cover household expenses for more than 1 year, you can conduct aggressive DCA periodically. Also, it's better to keep Bitcoin growth trend as the amount of cash you have floating around increases.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Anayochukwu

Activity: 13
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 04, 2024, 09:30:40 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2024, 08:19:10 PM by Anayochukwu

Buying on a dip is definitely a good idea but an investor cannot get advance information about when a dip will occur. And if he can't buy from the dip, his bitcoin portfolio won't grow. This means that this strategy will never be profitable for those who only want to increase their Bitcoin holdings by buying from the dip. If those investors do only DCA then they will have the opportunity to buy on the dip and continue their holdings even if the price of Bitcoin goes up slightly. This will increase their Bitcoin amount. A holder's main objective should be to increase the amount of Bitcoins so that he can build permanent assets in the long term.
I couldn't agree more with you! Combining the DCA with a long time perspective, investors can effectively navigate market fluctuations And steadily grow their holdings. DCA can also help reduce the impact of emotional decision making which is a major pitfall for investors.

I just have one question please, why is it spelt as HODL instead of HOLD?
Pages: « 1 ... 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 [508] 509 510 »
  Print  

Jump to: