Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 07:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 101130 times)
Onyeeze

Activity: 602
Merit: 181

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 03:59:50 PM

I don't think that is a good idea for newbies, if a newbie is investing for long term, looking at the market will not do him any good, what he she should be concern about is accumulating enough Bitcoin and not watching the market, except the newbie is into trading which is a wrong way for a newbie to go.
As a newbie investing in Bitcoin and then always watching the market will only delay your accumulation journey for example if you are a newbie and you just started a Bitcoin investment and before you no it there's a dip it may stop you from accumulating more or reduce the percentage you are putting into Bitcoin.
I think what a newbie should be more concern about is accumulating.

Apart from what you said, there is also another thing that a beginner needs to pay attention to and that is about the knowledge of what he is collecting and when he already knows that what he is collecting is the best asset of all time like Bitcoin, of course he will also know how to manage his time to continue to accumulate by collecting as much Bitcoin as he can. This means that in terms of investing in Bitcoin and also with the aim of continuing to collect Bitcoin, anyone does not need to waste more time looking at how the price chart is in the market except just to see and know about how the trend will occur in the market in the future.
some persons doesn't do all this point you said, theirs is some certain things we don't need to mention just like that, if you have intension of accumulating Bitcoin, you can do that without observing any market procedures, theirs people who just go into bitcoin investment and after something they regret about it, and theirs also some people who go directly to invest in bitcoin and they don't have anything in mind of bitcoin increasing anytime soon but after their investment bitcoin increases to a levels that is unbelievable or surprised to them.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 10709

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 04:05:36 PM

[edited out]
On how we might preach the whole process to be, investing by lump summing isn't suitable for a beginner, how should he know at what price is comfortable to purchase, even a well knowledged investor might slightly enter from a wrong position which may hinder the progress of his profits. A well knowledge investor will understand that lump summing works perfectly during DIP because it will definitely pay huge when the price of Bitcoin begins to kickoff but then how long should he wait on the DIP, more reason why the DCA strategy becomes the most suitable and relevant way of accumulating, the DCA creates those perfect opportunities with ease and likely when the financial strength is ready.

Your ideas about lump summing are strange, and they likely have very little to do with whether you are a beginner or an experienced investor, even though the quantity of bitcoin that you already have could factor into how you treat a lump sum amount that you might have available.

So first of all with lump summing, you are dealing with an amount of money that you already have available for investing into bitcoin, which could happen when you first get into bitcoin, or  you could have money come into your budget at any time while you are already investing into bitcoin.

When you get a lump sum that comes available, then if you have determined that you are going to use some or all of it for bitcoin investing, you have the option to plug it into one of the three categories, which is DCA, buying right away or buying on dips...  It is not an all or nothing proposition, and you have quite a bit of flexibility regarding how to consider your use of such money.

Many folks get into bitcoin nearly completely through DCA because they might not have very many lump sum opportunities, yet whenever they do get lump sum amounts, there is a decent amount of liberating power to be able to decide how to use such lump sum, within the three categories for the amount that is decided to put into bitcoin, and surely the amount can also be used for building finances in other ways too, in the event does not end up getting allocated to consumption rather than investment.

I totally disagree with you. An investor should not look at the Bitcoin price at all, when you invest in the DCA strategy, why do you need to look at the price? DCA strategy requires you to buy when the price is up and buy when the price is down.
You are correct, a professional investor does not need to check the Bitcoin price before investing because they already know the price pump and dump, however, I believe that only those who are new to the market should consider the price of Bitcoin before investing, because they had to start with a low price and gradually raise, some newbies to the market may choose to begin with a low price because they believe the Bitcoin price is too expensive for them to start when it is high.

By definition a beginner does not have any bitcoin, so by definition, a beginner is not prepared for up if the BTC price goes up.  Therefore, a beginner has to buy bitcoin right away in order to prepare for up. There seems to be little practicality for a beginner to say that he wants to get into bitcoin, and does not get in since he is only preparing for down, and the BTC price may or may not end up going down.

How much BTC a beginner buys in the beginning is another question - which likely relates to the totality of his 9 factors that he would be advantaged in taking into account.

[edited out]
?
But why? I was merely making a point that a lower average entry price for the same amount of capital used will be holding more units in Bitcoin compared to the person who bought Bitcoin later, and therefore would make a better Return On Investment.

OK, to make a more practical example, the total cost is $60,000 for Investor A who bought Bitcoin with an average price of $2,000 vs. Investor B who bought Bitcoin with the same amount of capital but with an average price of $1,700.

That 5.2941 units in Bitcoin would definitely make a very big difference if Bitcoin surges over six digits, no?

You are creating some other examples, so maybe you should flush out how your investor A and your investor B reach their respective average cost per BTC, including that you are making a different point from me.

In my example, I was showing two different kinds of investors.  The first one invested a small amount in the beginning of his investment between 2014 and 2016, and when the BTC price went up the first one choose to discontinue investing in bitcoin because he had a goal to keep his average cost per BTC down.  

The second one continued to invest in bitcoin and overall had a higher cost per BTC and also way more invested into bitcoin over the years, including investing 2014-2016 but continuing to invest throughout the years.  Sure I could have even included that the second one did the exact same thing as the first one, but he continued to invest after 2016, even though the BTC price was higher and that is why he ended up with 30 BTC rather than 5 BTC (and his first 5 BTC cost him $6k-ish but the next 25 BTC cost him $54k - since his total amount invested ended up being $60k), yet even with my own example, the numbers work better if my second guy had accumulated more than guy one in the first 3 years.. so guy 1 was more persistent throughout his investment into BTC as compared with guy one.. but my guy 2 had more of a limited budget in the first three years as compared to guy 1.. so guy 1 spent more in the first 3 years as compared with guy 2 who had an improving budget so he was DCAing throughout the whole period starting from 2014 to present.

You cannot even appreciate that you are changing the hypothetical and trying to suggest that all things being equal, then it is better to have a lower cost per BTC rather than a higher cost, and that is a different point than what I was making and also a different hypothetical

Of course, if all things are equal it is better to have a lower cost per BTC, yet in my situation, all things were not equal, and one of things that happened to be different, is that the first guy (in my hypothetical, which I understand to be extreme but it is not unrealistic) was obsessed with making sure he kept his cost per BTC down, and so in accordance with his own belief, he refused to buy more BTC with the passage of time since the BTC price was going up because that would have increased his average cost per BTC beyond $600 per BTC and he wanted to keep his average cost per BTC down, and in my example, the second person did not have such restriction on his own approach and he continued to accumulate BTC (and he even could continue to this day) even though his average cost per BTC is much higher than the first and through his investment his average cost per BTC (and the BTC price) is continuing to go up as long as he continues to accumulate BTC.. even though the second guy is already with 30 BTC so he might be starting to feel that he has enough BTC - which also is a personal choice to consider how much is enough.. and he cannot go back in time and buy more at certain price points.. he feels that he did the best he could in regards to his own BTC accumulation under his own cashflow circumstances.

But you want to assert that there could have potentially been a way that guy two could have gotten his BTC cheaper and that he would have had been able to get more if he had been more strategic with his BTC purchases rather than what he ended up doing, which was buying BTC every week within his budget? I have continued to suggest that it is can be quite difficult to know where the BTC price is going, so yeah, afterwards you can look back at the BTC price and determine when you would have bought and when not, yet it is still difficult to apply that across the board.

Sure there might be some weeks where any guy could choose to invest less that week and to hold back some of his money because he thinks that BTC prices might be lower the following week, so if he successfully buys more BTC on dips than his regular DCA buys, then he might end up with lower costs per BTC and also with more BTC on the same budget, but the mere fact that he might be able to buy more BTC cheaper does not justify that he should stop his weekly DCA, and so those end up being variable determinations that any guy can make based on his own circumstances which also includes having more liberty to hold back buying as many BTC when he has already spent a considerable amount of time and money already accumulating what he considers to be a decently sized BTC stash.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Oshio-man

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

Jesus is coming very soon.

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 04:10:34 PM

Quote from: Obim34
Quote from: Roseline492
On how we might preach the whole process to be, investing by lump summing isn't suitable for a beginner, how should he know at what price is comfortable to purchase, even a well knowledged investor might slightly enter from a wrong position which may hinder the progress of his profits.

Every strategy is well suitable for every beginners, so I wouldn't discriminate beginners in terms of utilizing the strategy, perhaps I think your advice should be that if beginners does not have an additional plan or having a good source of income that would easily backed them up if they Lump sum they should not go into it but if they have there is nothing wrong in adding more fraction to there investment portfolio while DCA is still there major target, we shouldn't feel or have the mindset that all the beginners are not financially stable because on the contrary there are so many rich people who chose to diversify there funds into Bitcoin so perhaps as they are doing there DCA whenever any opportunity come out for them to Lump sum they would always buy more.
As a beginner there is yet a low level of understanding on how the market flows, anything could hinder one's success of accumulating a good amount of Bitcoin, relatively with how much funds the person has invested already. Beginners are expected to play safe, even those who understands and also are wealthy to lump sum preferably choose to DCA rather than alone lump sum. Both can be done in the whole process of accumulation but it is not advisable for a beginner to prioritize the root of lump summing other than DCA, wrong timing to lump summing is one big effect as to yet a beginner.
It depend the person that impact that newbie before going into bitcoin investment, because there are some Newbies you will teach how the market operate, they will catch up with some of the criteria you have given to them concerning bitcoin movement in the market, and it will be hard for them to make mistakes like those newbies that pretend they know it all which they didn't. Despite all the things we are discussing concerning newbies, do you know that newbies have the right to make their choice from those advice be given to them in this thread? Yes,  but they should make the one that will help them to accumulate bitcoin in the nearest future.
Miles2006

Activity: 336
Merit: 214

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 04:33:07 PM

On how we might preach the whole process to be, investing by lump summing isn't suitable for a beginner, how should he know at what price is comfortable to purchase, even a well knowledged investor might slightly enter from a wrong position which may hinder the progress of his profits.

Every strategy is well suitable for every beginners, so I wouldn't discriminate beginners in terms of utilizing the strategy, perhaps I think your advice should be that if beginners does not have an additional plan or having a good source of income that would easily backed them up if they Lump sum they should not go into it but if they have there is nothing wrong in adding more fraction to there investment portfolio while DCA is still there major target, we shouldn't feel or have the mindset that all the beginners are not financially stable because on the contrary there are so many rich people who chose to diversify there funds into Bitcoin so perhaps as they are doing there DCA whenever any opportunity come out for them to Lump sum they would always buy more.
As a beginner there is yet a low level of understanding on how the market flows, anything could hinder one's success of accumulating a good amount of Bitcoin, relatively with how much funds the person has invested already. Beginners are expected to play safe, even those who understands and also are wealthy to lump sum preferably choose to DCA rather than alone lump sum. Both can be done in the whole process of accumulation but it is not advisable for a beginner to prioritize the root of lump summing other than DCA, wrong timing to lump summing is one big effect as to yet a beginner.
The ability to invest with any strategy at a comfortable range matters for example, if anyone should have the available money for lump sum it all depends how the investor will manage his/her plans. Lump sum is actually not a bad choice for both parties including newbies and experienced investors, you don’t have to understand the market flow before a newbie can use the lump sum strategy neither buying during the dip. The honest advice is staying consistent and learn more, secondly the finance might not be available at the moment so investors still use dca anytime to accumulate. Sometimes we humans can’t predict how and when the available resources will be available for example buying the lump sum or during market dip, buying both is brilliant but how sure can anyone predict during the season for example most cases I decided to continue the dca just because of my income management during the season. I think this is where dca strategy can come till whenever an investor is ready to lump sum.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Salahmu

Activity: 504
Merit: 339

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 05:56:03 PM

I totally disagree with you. An investor should not look at the Bitcoin price at all, when you invest in the DCA strategy, why do you need to look at the price? DCA strategy requires you to buy when the price is up and buy when the price is down.
You are correct, a professional investor does not need to check the Bitcoin price before investing because they already know the price pump and dump, however, I believe that only those who are new to the market should consider the price of Bitcoin before investing, because they had to start with a low price and gradually raise, some newbies to the market may choose to begin with a low price because they believe the Bitcoin price is too expensive for them to start when it is high.

By definition a beginner does not have any bitcoin, so by definition, a beginner is not prepared for up if the BTC price goes up.  Therefore, a beginner has to buy bitcoin right away in order to prepare for up. There seems to be little practicality for a beginner to say that he wants to get into bitcoin, and does not get in since he is only preparing for down, and the BTC price may or may not end up going down.

How much BTC a beginner buys in the beginning is another question - which likely relates to the totality of his 9 factors that he would be advantaged in taking into account.

Sure that is just the accurate definition because as a beginner is assumed that they have not gotten any Bitcoin on there portfolio and they would be discouraged if the Bitcoin price has gone up because they would be thinking about their chances of getting or accumulating a good amount since the price must have gone up, so in that case starting there Bitcoin accumulation now will be better for them since the market is already consider a price dip now because if a newbie still decides to wait for more dip I wonder how long is going to take them before they could start, so actually you are very correct because as they said action speaks volume and in terms investment the first step is the most important stage to consider because the moment a beginner makes the move to start accumulating that's the moment they will start blending in.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 06:13:15 PM

Sure that is just the accurate definition because as a beginner is assumed that they have not gotten any Bitcoin on there portfolio and they would be discouraged if the Bitcoin price has gone up because they would be thinking about their chances of getting or accumulating a good amount since the price must have gone up, so in that case starting there Bitcoin accumulation now will be better for them since the market is already consider a price dip now because if a newbie still decides to wait for more dip I wonder how long is going to take them before they could start, so actually you are very correct because as they said action speaks volume and in terms investment the first step is the most important stage to consider because the moment a beginner makes the move to start accumulating that's the moment they will start blending in.

I am not saying anything about the market condition right now affecting purchase decisions for a newbie no coiner, whether the current BTC price is in dip or not.

I am saying that no matter what a beginner or a no coiner is not prepared for up if he does not have any coins.

I am saying that the ONLY way to prepare for UP is to buy some bitcoin.

Of course, as a beginner, you can choose how much bitcoin that you want to buy and whether you even want to prepare for up, but you are not going to be prepared for up until you buy.

No matter what the BTC price, there is always a chance that the BTC price might go up and not go down, and so if you are a beginner and you choose to not buy any bitcoin, then you are choosing to bet that the BTC price is not going to go up.  I doubt beginners (or anyone else for that matter) is really prepared to say that they know 100% that the BTC price is going to go down before it goes up, but at least a person who already owns bitcoin is already going to be prepared for up since he already has some bitcoin, as compared to the no coiner (or precoiner) who has absolutely no coins.

In the end, do what you like beginner, newbie no coiner (or is it precoiner?), yet as a beginner no coiner, it is your choice to stay on zero and ONLY prepare for the BTC price going down.

I suggest that no matter what everyone who is in BTC should attempt to prepare themselves for either BTC price direction.  So in that sense, the beginner should always buy some BTC in order to have some preparation for up.  

At the same time, I am not saying that the beginner uses his whole budget to buy BTC and ONLY prepare for up, everyone, including beginner no coiners, are responsible for their own choices regarding whether to buy bitcoin and how much to prepare for up versus preparing for down, and if they buy bitcoin how much bitcoin to buy and the various ways to begin their BTC accumulation journey, including their use of DCA, lump sum buying and/or buying on dips - including how much they prepare themselves for UP versus DOWN based on the totality of their own financial and psychological factors.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Asiska02

Activity: 910
Merit: 692

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 06:40:52 PM

Apart from what you said, there is also another thing that a beginner needs to pay attention to and that is about the knowledge of what he is collecting and when he already knows that what he is collecting is the best asset of all time like Bitcoin, of course he will also know how to manage his time to continue to accumulate by collecting as much Bitcoin as he can. This means that in terms of investing in Bitcoin and also with the aim of continuing to collect Bitcoin, anyone does not need to waste more time looking at how the price chart is in the market except just to see and know about how the trend will occur in the market in the future.

All of this are distractions to a beginner who is just starting out to start buying bitcoin. The aim of accumulation using DCA is to keep buying at every interval that you’ve the opportunity and funds to buy more. The market will always be what it is, it will rise and it will fall. For a beginner, those fluctuations in the market especially when it has moved above away from his starting point of buying can make him feel discouraged but that should be something he should be able to overcome psychologically and continue the DCA method. A lot of distractions may come in along the process of DCAing, but he should just remain focused and determined to achieve the set goal he has set for himself before starting the accumulation. Ups and Down are part of the market and cannot be avoided but learned and accepted by every investor whether beginner or old investors.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Dailyscript

Activity: 266
Merit: 138

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:02:55 PM

Thats a very bad way to start bitcoin investment for a beginner. Bitcoin price is so much volatility and patiently waiting for a dip as a beginner can be nearly impossible. Delay is denial, once a newbie starting waiting for the market to drop to a certain price that they had onece heard it was in the past would make them risk missing o buying now which we wouldn't know if the price in the next few minutes might go up more and never come back to this price. Anything is possible because of volatile and i respect the market because it will take you unaware.

The desire to time the market is a common pitfall, especially the newbies in Bitcoin investment. Starting with a modest amount through lump sum can be convenient and gradually increasing the portfolio through DCA is one of the best approach for many investors as a newbie taking such steps will reduce the risk of not entry the market, and miss out for gains.

I_Anime

Activity: 476
Merit: 199

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:25:33 PM

Quote from: Roseline492

It depend the person that impact that newbie before going into bitcoin investment, because there are some Newbies you will teach how the market operate, they will catch up with some of the criteria you have given to them concerning bitcoin movement in the market, and it will be hard for them to make mistakes like those newbies that pretend they know it all which they didn't. Despite all the things we are discussing concerning newbies, do you know that newbies have the right to make their choice from those advice be given to them in this thread? Yes,  but they should make the one that will help them to accumulate bitcoin in the nearest future.

Well newbies don't actually need much knowledge before going into Bitcoin investment. All they just need is the basic knowledge on how bitcoin works, how they can purchase some bitcoin through cex account and how to secure their holdings in Dex account. You are right everyone here have the right to make their decision, we can only recommend and impact on you on how bitcoin works, but we can't force you to invest in it . Because I was once a newbie , I didn't woke up one morning and gain the knowledge that I have now . I literally took my time to learn and same took action in accumulating bitcoin, because is the right to do aslong yah in this space .

Because have seen scenario whereby newbies will waste their time and resources in investing in some lame project due to some irrelevant hyping by some folks that endup being a massive dump . That's why we keep on repeating that you should be cautious on how you invest your hard earn money. Because shitcoins don't have same potential as bitcoin so it won't be nice to compare both . So inorder not to waste your time searching for some random shitcoins to invest in. Just channels those zeal in investing in bitcoin and as time goes you will see the beauty of investing in Bitcoin.

Onyeeze

Activity: 602
Merit: 181

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:40:59 PM

The thing is that people doesn't know the exact time they invest in bitcoin, even as we are campaigning about bitcoin investment when to invest and when not to invest, its truth that the beat time to invest in bitcoin does not exist but people do emphasize that the only period you can invest in bitcoin is when the price of bitcoin is low, So people doesn't know the actual time to invest, for me I do invest in bitcoin anytime I feel like to invest in bitcoin, so I believe that with such investment that is not planned you can make a profit, the thing is that anything you have funds don't hesitate to invest in bitcoin, in future it will yield positive for you.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:24:27 PM
Merited by Mayor of ogba (1)

The thing is that people doesn't know the exact time they invest in bitcoin, even as we are campaigning about bitcoin investment when to invest and when not to invest, its truth that the beat time to invest in bitcoin does not exist but people do emphasize that the only period you can invest in bitcoin is when the price of bitcoin is low, So people doesn't know the actual time to invest, for me I do invest in bitcoin anytime I feel like to invest in bitcoin, so I believe that with such investment that is not planned you can make a profit, the thing is that anything you have funds don't hesitate to invest in bitcoin, in future it will yield positive for you.

It is a bit funny or strange how so many of us are emphasizing that it does not matter when to invest in bitcoin.. or even stating that the best time was yesterday and the second best time is today and at the same time to just get started and continue to invest into bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer and then reassess somewhere down the line if you need to change your approach.. yet at the same time, so many members (including you Onyeeze) believe that waiting for some kind of a low price is the right approach to investing in bitcoin... which is starting to sound a bit retarded how frequently such nonsense is repeated.. as if it were repeated (even from seemingly smart forum members) on purpose...

Even though I like the title of this thread, the title of this thread may well be provoking some members into thinking that buying the dip or waiting for the BTC price dip is the preferred approach to investing in bitcoin, and maybe those folks are going to have to "have fun staying poor".. because there seems to be quite a few forum members who seem to believe that waiting rather than acting is a meaningful/effective BTC investing strategy.

promise444c5

Activity: 378
Merit: 235

Keep Promises !

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 09:49:43 PM

the thing is that [/s]anything[/s] anytime you have funds, don't hesitate to invest in bitcoin, in future it will yield positive for you.
This seem to be appropriate  and not bad as  an advice  but it's good to have a strategy like DCA to get into market and maybe if you have extra after every necessities have been put into consideration then buy more is also a fine approach.
Thus,
The thing is that people doesn't know the exact time they invest in bitcoin, even as we are campaigning about bitcoin investment when to invest and when not to invest
your statement above looks somehow confusing, I don't think we ever  made mention of when not to invest, there's no particular time you can't invest in Bitcoin so far you have the funds. You continued on the path of that bold statement which seems wrong , every investment counts in Bitcoin disregarding your point of entry.... remember you can't accuratelly predict its market.

Ojima-ojo

Activity: 812
Merit: 481

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2024, 09:53:08 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

It is a bit funny or strange how so many of us are emphasizing that it does not matter when to invest in bitcoin.. or even stating that the best time was yesterday and the second best time is today and at the same time to just get started and continue to invest into bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer and then reassess somewhere down the line if you need to change your approach.. yet at the same time, so many members (including you Onyeeze) believe that waiting for some kind of a low price is the right approach to investing in bitcoin... which is starting to sound a bit retarded how frequently such nonsense is repeated.. as if it were repeated (even from seemingly smart forum members) on purpose...

Even though I like the title of this thread, the title of this thread may well be provoking some members into thinking that buying the dip or waiting for the BTC price dip is the preferred approach to investing in bitcoin, and maybe those folks are going to have to "have fun staying poor".. because there seems to be quite a few forum members who seem to believe that waiting rather than acting is a meaningful/effective BTC investing strategy.
JayJuanGee I have being noising some ill feelings about those forum members who believe that waiting until price dip to buy Bitcoin is the best approach to Bitcoin investment sometimes is sees such statements as statement coming from those who are desperate to make money from bitcoin and not knowledge about what DCA really is, because for someone who is an experienced Bitcoin investors, you should know that every time is buying time regardless of what the price of bitcoin is and the market situations.

Because the only important thing in buying bitcoin is that, you are investing the money you may likely not have need for long time, because bitcoin investment have to do with time and the time is not accurate anything can happen, that is why, it is so important that you buy the bitcoin with your left over cash flow that you don't have need for long time.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Btcdeybodi

Activity: 178
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 10:32:33 PM

Perhaps the only way to learn is to ask questions, I would prefer you ask questions where seems confusing to you than for you to create some level of assumptions that seems very lame and unrealistic. looking at the context of the thread there are few other threads where you can learn basic things about bitcoin investment and smarter ways to buy and hold for a longer term if you indicate interest in them or such thread I will be glad to refer you to some of JayJuanGee's thread which he discussed the basics on each entry that you could make. this threads are even suggested outside the forum which shows the level of original and how true it is, now I would love you to ask or request for links if you're interested but if not you can stick with this thread and ask questions instead of confusing others with your own perspectives.
Okay, thank you in advance.
In this thread I read a lot about DCA, and after I found out that this strategy I think everyone can use it because it doesn't seem to need a lot of money to do it, you just have to be consistent in doing it.
But is DCA the best strategy to use?
You are a beginner in investment. You shouldn't worry about what others are doing. Do the best you can but the best way is to maintain consistency and dont focus on the market price at each point in time if not you would not be able to start your investment. There are several strategies for Bitcoin investment but DCA is one method that has been adopted by both new and old investors. With time you will know what strategy would best fit your risk tolerance, financial strength and accumulate goals. If you have enough funds you an choose to lump sum so that you have a good amount of Bitcoin in your portfolio.

The only strategy i have been against is people timing the market. When an investor do that they are more prone to miss out in opportunities they fully wait for. Every point is a good time to buy Bitcoin whether we are lump suming or dcaing.
Lump sum method of investment is good but I feel its too wild for a beginner especially the one that hasn't really understood the market that well and the reason why I say this is because that new investor can easily be affected whenever he sees the price dip and especially when he used large sum of money to buy because he will be scared of the funds dropping so my advice for any new investor should be DCA method so atleast you will just have to do with continuity and with time get to understand although both methods are still effective but I guess it depends on the investor himself to fully understand how the Bitcoin market works.

And again you thinking about other people investment shows that you clearly need to do some study about investment on a general note, before ever starting an investment your own goal is what you should focus on and for Bitcoin investment what you need to do is just learn the basics and ofcourse have the general patience that Bitcoin investment won't make you rich overnight as it's a gradual process and patience and commitment is the key.

It depends on the level of the beginners financial strength. A wealthy beginner in Bitcoin investment can choose to lump sum if he can afford it. However, it can be risky to beginners who cannot afford it as if they try to put all they have in the investment they are exposes to risk especially since there knowledge is still growing. Dont forget that an investor may have good knowledge of investment and still make wrong decision making at the end. Its not because they do not implement their knowledge so well but in way they tend to listen to opinions from other investors and such opinions are favorable to those who gave them because it suits their risk tolerance and accumulation goals. Any decision we are making must suit out investment goals and risk tolerance if not even our knowledge wont help us at the end of the day.

On how we might preach the whole process to be, investing by lump summing isn't suitable for a beginner, how should he know at what price is comfortable to purchase, even a well knowledged investor might slightly enter from a wrong position which may hinder the progress of his profits. A well knowledge investor will understand that lump summing works perfectly during DIP because it will definitely pay huge when the price of Bitcoin begins to kickoff but then how long should he wait on the DIP, more reason why the DCA strategy becomes the most suitable and relevant way of accumulating, the DCA creates those perfect opportunities with ease and likely when the financial strength is ready.

You are actually mixing things up here because someone who wish to lump sum don't care about a DIP except it is just someone who wants to buy at a DIP price. Lump summing means going at once like going in contrary to the DCA that you need to invest same amount at different periods of time. However, there is no need to evaluate your supposed profits at the early stages of your investments, it is literally a time to make accumulations and own a huge portfolio, thinking about the profits you will make at the early stages of your investments in Bitcoin will lead you to sell quickly especially when you have actually realized some profits which is not a very good habit for any Bitcoin investor because it will leave you with the impression of trying to take profits at each level of your investment thereby it will literally quench your long term hodling ability.
Glen Hoddle

Activity: 521
Merit: 259

View Profile
Today at 03:06:48 AM

Newbies to Bitcoin investing should always keep an eye on the market, because the more information about the price of Bitcoin in the market, the more attracted new investors are to investing. Now generally in terms of investment newbies can invest the most because the bitcoin market is dumping now so regular investment following DCA method will definitely lead to success. 

But the price of bitcoin is going down so bye should not panic and invest more. Bitcoin investment should be done in such a way that it is possible to be sufficiently self-sustaining by making regular investments. And while new and old investors are definitely having the most success doing this DCA method, this strategy is the single best strategy for investing in Bitcoin.

Yes beginners must do their market research first if they want to participate in Bitcoin investing. So the more one does market research and invests following this DCA approach, the bigger the portfolio will be and the more optimistic they will be. 

Because the future success depends only on starting the DCA strategy, because those who have started are doing it regularly and their portfolio is growing gradually. So using this DC strategy is most effective for the success of any new and old investor. The faster they start this Bitcoin activity, the faster the amount of Bitcoin in their wallet will increase.
tomos81

Activity: 966
Merit: 504

PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market

View Profile
Today at 05:11:37 AM

Investing for a long time is sure to reap such benefits, so success is guaranteed only through DCA method. See those who have been investing for a long time following the DCA method must have grown their portfolios in the present time. This is why it is best to invest in Bitcoin based on success and proper information.

Sim_card

Activity: 532
Merit: 466

View Profile WWW
Today at 05:33:21 AM
Last edit: Today at 07:04:44 AM by Sim_card

Newbies to Bitcoin investing should always keep an eye on the market, because the more information about the price of Bitcoin in the market, the more attracted new investors are to investing. Now generally in terms of investment newbies can invest the most because the bitcoin market is dumping now so regular investment following DCA method will definitely lead to success.  

But the price of bitcoin is going down so bye should not panic and invest more. Bitcoin investment should be done in such a way that it is possible to be sufficiently self-sustaining by making regular investments. And while new and old investors are definitely having the most success doing this DCA method, this strategy is the single best strategy for investing in Bitcoin.

Yes beginners must do their market research first if they want to participate in Bitcoin investing. So the more one does market research and investsfollowing this DCA approach, the bigger the portfolio will be and the more optimistic they will be.  

Because the future success depends only on starting the DCA strategy, because those who have started are doing it regularly and their portfolio is growing gradually. So using this DC strategy is most effective for the success of any new and old investor. The faster they start this Bitcoin activity, the faster the amount of Bitcoin in their wallet will increase.

New beginners who want to start their bitcoin investment does not need any market research because it is not important and will not add any value in increasing their bitcoin investment. What a new beginner needs to figure out is how much from his discretionary income that he will use to buy bitcoin that will not affect his monthly expenses, so that he can keep his DCA buying ongoing persistently and consistently. This is because whatever market research that the new investor does on bitcoin will not make him successful if he uses the wrong amount to DCA that will affect his financial life.

However, if a new investor is already used to saving money he the bank for long to achieve an important thing in life, he already knows how much that he can put into bitcoin weekly or monthly regularly so he is just to get started immediately because bitcoin investment does not need any market research apart from the basic knowledge of bitcoin. DCA is a continuous practice for a very long time that is always buying bitcoin regularly , so any new investor can start DCAing immediately while they figure other things that they need to know as they are growing their investment since they are investing amd hodli for long-term.

DCA buying does not need any market research so that you don't miss the opportunity of getting started immediately to grow and build your bitcoin investment portfolio faster because the market is too complex for a new beginner to understand but buying regularly continously is much more very easy to start with, since he is on a long term goal amd not planning to sell.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
mich
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1032

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
Today at 05:33:47 AM

Well I did want to sell off just a little bit of my Bitcoin when the price was 60,000. But then I said to myself I am going to still HODL and not sell anything.

I think there is going to be a big 'bull run' before it is the year over. So we can wait for this time to happen and then I will maybe sell just alittle.

█████████████████████████
███████████▄█████████████
██████▀░▀█▀░▀█▀░▀████████
███████▄███▄███▄█████████
████▀██▀██▀░▀████▀░▀█████
███████████░███▀██▄██████
████▀██▀██░░░█░░░████████
███████████░███▄█▀░▀█████
████▀██▀██▄░▄███▄░░░▄████
███████▀███▀███▀██▄██████
██████▄░▄█▄░▄█▄░▄████████
███████████▀█████████████

.Bitcasino.io.

.BTC  ✦  Where winners play  BTC.

████
████
░░▄████▄████████████▄███▄▄
░███████▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄
▀████████████████████████▀
░░▀▀████████████████████
██████████████████▄█████████
██
▐███████▀███████▀██▄██████
███████▄██▄█▀████▀████████
░░██████▀▀▀▄▄▄████▀▀████
██▐██████████▀███▀█████████████    ████
███
████████████
███████████████    ████
█████▀████████████████▀
███████▀▀▀█████████▀▀

..✦ Play now... 
Mayor of ogba

Merit: 275

stead.builders

View Profile
Today at 06:16:15 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Yes, I agree that the lump-sum strategy is not suitable for newbies, but at some point, a newbie or new investor in bitcoin can lump-sum to increase the size of his bitcoin holding. As long as you are investing in bitcoin for the long term and using the DCA strategy, you will never accumulate bitcoin at the wrong time. The DCA strategy has you covered. Even though you accumulate bitcoin at a high price and the price later drops, the DCA strategy will allow you to still accumulate bitcoin at that time.

Apart from what you said, there is also another thing that a beginner needs to pay attention to and that is about the knowledge of what he is collecting and when he already knows that what he is collecting is the best asset of all time like Bitcoin.
I know that before anyone starts any business, the person needs to have a clear knowledge of the business so that he or she can flourish in it. But when it comes to bitcoin investment, a newbie or new investor in bitcoin doesn't necessarily need to gain knowledge about bitcoin; he or she can accumulate bitcoin, but as time goes on, he or she can learn about bitcoin in his or her accumulation process. The basic thing newbies need to know is about their finances and not about bitcoin.

█████████▄▄▄████▄█▄
███████▄█████▄▄█████▄
████████▀███▀░░▀██████▄
█████████▀███████▀██████
░░▄█▄████▄██▄██████▀███
▄█████▄█████▄████████
▀███▀░░▀██████▄███▄██▄
██████████▀█████░░██████▄
░░███▄██████▀██████▀███▀
██████▄███████▄█████
██▀██████▄░░▄███▄
████▀█████▀▀█████▀
██████▀█▀████▀▀▀
STEAD██████▄███▄
█████████████████▄▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
░▄▄███████████████████▄▄
░▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

UNLOCK NEW HORIZONS 
Build floating infrastructure on the blockchain

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██████████████▄
██████████
█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
██████████████████████
████████
█████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████████████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄██████

██
██
████████

JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
Hewlet

Merit: 165

View Profile
Today at 06:48:47 AM

Yes beginners must do their market research first if they want to participate in Bitcoin investing. So the more one does market research and invests following this DCA approach, the bigger the portfolio will be and the more optimistic they will be. 
Research is not the most dominant factors that helps one build a strong portfolio. As a matter of fact, after the entry phase when one is pretty new and needs to do some basic research on how to buy Bitcoin, best wallet to use, securing ones seed phrase and basic knowledge that makes one a better investor, once you've known those basics, research doesn't really matter. You can and definitely should stay updated with what's happening in the Bitcoin space which is what being a part of the forum has already solved but outside of that, it doesn't take research to build a good Bitcoin portfolio. What's necessary in building a good Bitcoin portfolio is a good income source, the right investment strategy and plan and the ability to execute all plans out effectively.

of course in planning for the best accumilation strategy to be adopted, the DCA methord stands out as the most strategic and unifying methord that allows the newbies, the old investors, the rich, average and even institutions to buy her Bitcoin without coming in too aggressively and yet do it consistently such that they are able to reach Thier investment goals within the stipulated time. Even when you have the financial means to buy in bulk, after making your bulk purchase, the DCA method still stand as the best approach to that keeps you going and gets you actively involved in your investment journey.

Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 »
  Print  

Jump to: