Bitcoin Forum
September 15, 2024, 11:13:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 107145 times)
DaNNy001

Activity: 742
Merit: 536

God is All

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2024, 02:32:06 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

[edited out]
Personally, I believe that you should do what's best for your own personality and where you are most comfortable. Some people like to buy the DIP to take advantage of discounts during bear markets or during large crashes, some like DCA. There are also some people who like both. It's about YOU and your personality.

Yeah but who gives any ratt's asses about you and your personality if you don't have any BTC, then you should not be fucking around using waiting as your investing strategy,

But you may have missed the point, ser. Because those people who would be more comfortable in buying the DIP would have already bought the DIP. Plus it's not about what you believe is what's "perfect" for each and every individual. The point also is for each and every individual to choose and know which investment strategy fits their own personality because each and every one of us are different, no?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What's there to wait about? I think people who aren't holding are either just scared or really not that into keep Bitcoin because I believe even till date there are still lots of people who don't actually know about the true essence of holding Bitcoin rather they just dive in due to maybe what people are saying about it and those kind of person just give excuses because I see no reason to wait if you already have the mentality and know that Bitcoin is steady growing despite it downturn and bear season everything at the end still results to a new and bigger price just that time is the one holding everything so it's better to have a blank space mind about the price and just continue buying and holding till the price gets your attention to sell maybe for like 8-10 years or even more that's if you have the balls.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
████████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████
██████▄░░░░░▄███▄░▄██████
██████████▀▀█████████████
████▀▄██▀░░░░▀▀▀░▀██▄▀███
███░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░░███
████▄▄░░░░▄███▄░░░░▄▄████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀

CHIPS.GG 
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░▄░▀▀▀▀▀░▄░▀███
▄███
░▄▀░░░░░░░░░▀▄░███▄
▄███░▄░░░▄█████▄░░░▄░███▄
███░▄▀░░░███████░░░▀▄░███
███░█░░░▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀░░░█░███
███░▀▄░▄▀░▄██▄▄░▀▄░▄▀░██
▀███
░▀░▀▄██▀░▀██▄▀░▀░██▀
▀███
░▀▄░░░░░░░░░▄▀░██▀
▀███▄
░▀░▄▄▄▄▄░▀░▄███▀
▀█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
█████████████████████████
▄▄███████▄▄
███
████████████▄
▄█▀▀▀▄
█████████▄▀▀▀█▄
▄██████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀██████▄
▄█████████████▄████████▄
████████▄███████▄████████
█████▄█████████▄██████
██▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▄▄██
▀█████████▀▀███████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
██████████████████
▀████▄███▄▄
████▀
████████████████████████
3000+
UNIQUE
GAMES
|
12+
CURRENCIES
ACCEPTED
|
VIP
REWARD
PROGRAM

Play Now  
Raflesia

Activity: 2450
Merit: 605

_""""Duelbits""""_

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2024, 02:48:53 PM

But you may have missed the point, ser. Because those people who would be more comfortable in buying the DIP would have already bought the DIP. Plus it's not about what you believe is what's "perfect" for each and every individual. The point also is for each and every individual to choose and know which investment strategy fits their own personality because each and every one of us are different, no?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Surely every personality is different but when talking about investing and what strategies they do later I think this may indeed be able to follow the personality but on the other hand this can also start with being forced when doing a strategy that does not really match the personality because after all when someone knows an investment scheme that they think is good and does not match the personality they have I think their option to force to stay in the stratgei can still be done.

It is possible because it is common and we will only make this a habit when we force something new like this into a habit that we have to do. I am someone who has a weight that is above average and even close to obesity, when I am told to diet because my weight can interfere with my life including indications of illness that I suffer from even though dieting is not a suitable thing for my personality but when it must be done to make my lifestyle better then I will do it as a form of habituation even though it is not something I have ever done before.

Similarly, by investing in bitcoin when we really believe that there is a strategy that can make us get more optimal results even though it is a little different from your type and not too suitable for our personality but we will definitely try to get used to it because it is still considered the best thing to do.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███

Duelbits 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
TRY OUR UNIQUE GAMES!
    ◥ DICE  ◥ MINES  ◥ PLINKO  ◥ DUEL POKER  ◥ DICE DUELS   
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 KENONEW 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
[/tabl
Ruttoshi

Activity: 448
Merit: 368

Baba God Noni

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 04:52:13 PM
Merited by Hewlet (2), JayJuanGee (1)

The reason why so many people find it difficult to invest bitcoin is because they do not understand bitcoin. If people really understand the volatility of bitcoin they won't feel panic when the price of bitcoin goes dip.

Yeah lack of understanding of Bitcoin volatility is one of the reasons but I think is went further above that because I noticed that too much expectations is also one of the major reasons because so many investors miss the right moment they should have invested on Bitcoin to seek out Bitcoin price analysis and after they most have conducted testing they started believing that anytime Bitcoin price reaches a particular place it shows that they are about entering the bull season and they will keep expecting and waiting for there analysis to work out and at the end nothing to show for, so actually expectation is one the elements that has really affected a lot of people.
when you fail to understand Bitcoin price regulations you will be scared of bitcoin investment, people that procrastinate don't know the perfect time they can invest in bitcoin, actually good investors take time to examine the market before they invest but newbies who just knew about bitcoin doesn't exercise patients and make research before they invest in bitcoin, so that's one of the elementary thing that makes people not to understand when the price is low and when the price is high for them to invest in bitcoin, I believe that people just invest base on their understanding of the market or prediction of the market of Bitcoin
Procrastination is a very bad behavior one shouldn't have because it won't only affect you in Bitcoin investment but rather it will also affect one in so many ways. But procrastination is not only the reason why people don't know the perfect time to invest because there are people who don't believe that Bitcoin will do well in future till today, so they believe if they invest it will be more like a 50/50 something which is a very wrong mentality and wrong view because Bitcoin has already proven to be one of the best assets to invest in, in the cryptocurrency world.

I don't understand what you mean by good investor and examining the market before investing doesn't make one a good investor. Examining the market sound more like trading term because since you are investing for long period of time you don't have to examine the market though checking the market price is not actually bad but sometimes you can get discourage when you looked at it that is why DCA method is always good to adopt whether there's increase or decrease you are not affected, all one need do is just invest what you always use to invest.

This part of your post has been addressed by jayjuanGee in one of his posts in other thread of which I found meaning to it about the idea of the DCA strategy not to be only subjected to the same amount, that what determines your DCA amount is your cash flow and your expenses, considering the fact there are times when our expenses makes difference either in weeks or months, one must be able to tailor down his or her DCA amount according to the cash flow and the expenses, the dca strategy is more simplify and shouldn't be seen as a burden of compulsorily meeting up a particular amount all the time.
In fact the cash flow should be consistent as if you keep doing DCA and increase the flow level on the other hand it will give you extra level to invest. I mean if one starts depositing bitcoins through DCA method he has to gradually increase the level of cash fund and if the amount of floating cash fund is enough to meet his family's daily expenses for 3-6 months then he can increase the level of depositing bitcoin. Later if his cash fund continues to grow and is enough to cover household expenses for 1-2 years then he can run aggressive DCA or aggressive lump sum Bitcoin buying as per market conditions to further accelerate his holding growth. With the DCA method you should have more cash flow to reduce the tendency to accumulate particular levels and increase the amount of Bitcoin deposits.
It is good that as one bitcoin investment timeline is increasing, that investor should also try and increase the price tat he uses to buy bitcoin ifhe is opportune to do that. That is, if he gets promotion at work and has his salary increased, he can increase his DCA amount or if he has an additional means of income.

However, if the investor does not have an additional income, there is no need for him to start stressing himself on increasing the amount that he is using to DCA, only if he is spending on irrelevant things that are not important, like gambling and drinking often, he can cut down his expenses and use the money to increase his DCA amount. It is good to DCA aggressively but don't overdo it so that you don't end up selling part of your bitcoin investment to take care of your needs.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Justbillywitt

Activity: 364
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 06:07:43 PM

To my fellow plebs.

Buy the DIP or DCA, more aggressive or less aggressive - we can debate and argue these things in the topic. BUT when it comes to actually doing an investment plan/strategy - that's up to you. You press the buttons/press the enter key, not the people in the topic, YOU.

There are larger/richer asset managers who are currently accumulating Bitcoin today than during 2020.

I prefer to consistently do DCA rather than buy DIP this has been a long term strategy plan in DCA accumulation, more convenient of course I still have fiat to own and get a better price.
This strategy should be maintained and I also see many interesting arguments here, although there is no conclusion on myself yet I still maintain the DCA strategy.
It has been more than 2 years with the DCA strategy and the results are quite good after looking at the portfolio and will certainly continue to be maintained.
Moreover, almost everyone knows about my situation in Bangladesh, it is not safe to keep money in the bank from this country, that's why I always keep money in Bitcoin instead of keeping money in the bank, which is why I am constantly continuing the DCA method. I hope that the way I am going is the best way to go.
But you can't invest all the money you have in the bank into bitcoin. Either way you are still going to need to keep your reserved funds and emergency funds in Fiat. The only money that's not supposed to be kept in the bank is the money that's supposed to be used for investments, or long term savings which you won't be needing for a considerable number of years. Your reserves and e mergency funds should be kept in Fiat and possibly in the bank. But if you are scared that part you are keeping in the bank is going to be eaten up by inflation, you can store it in a stable coin like usdt. It is better to separate those from the bitcoin reserve you are accumulating that's meant to be for long term hold. Because if you keep all your money in bitcoin, if problem comes and you need money you are going to sell from that bitcoin and at that point you have started tampering with the bitcoin you have accumulated.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|||
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
DubemIfedigbo001

Activity: 420
Merit: 294

Let love lead

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2024, 06:09:34 PM

[edited out]
Personally, I believe that you should do what's best for your own personality and where you are most comfortable. Some people like to buy the DIP to take advantage of discounts during bear markets or during large crashes, some like DCA. There are also some people who like both. It's about YOU and your personality.

Yeah but who gives any ratt's asses about you and your personality if you don't have any BTC, then you should not be fucking around using waiting as your investing strategy,

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think when it comes to investments, your personality has nothing to do with your pattern of involvement, it's your financial strength that determines the strategy you employ on your investment journey. In Bitcoin investment, you have to plan properly with the finances available to you in order to get the most out of your accumulation journey, if left for your personality alone, what of when you've mood swings? You can decide you're not investing anymore because you don't feel like and the stingy guy would not want to lose his money, but hedge depreciating fiat because of his personality, maybe the gambler who would throw in lots of money into Bitcoin, only to liquidate good investments when he's broke.

You need to properly learn about investment patterns and follow accordingly in order to make the best out of your investments and get profitable too. It's never about you, but about understanding the investment you're venturing into and using calculated actions to get maximum dividends from your investment and in Bitcoin investment, there's DCA for periodic purchase, buying the dip and lump summing when you've lots of discretionary funds available.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
I_Anime

Activity: 504
Merit: 208

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 09:03:24 PM

[edited out]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Base on your registration date it shows that you have spend alot time with Bitcoin, so the chances of you having a nice Amount of Bitcoin is high because of the time you have spend in Bitcoin. What am trying to say is that if you have gotten to your accummulation goal already you can then decide to focus on the dip alone (as one choice to keep adding some extra bitcoin stashes in their portfolio) after gotten to their accumulation goal without any stress.

But for those that are new or haven't gotten enough coin yet , they can actually focus in waiting for the dip always before accumulating. It Will only slow down their rate of accumulating, leading them not having enough coin , because they won't accumulate until there's dip in market and with such method one can even endup missing out while waiting for the dip .

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
Ambatman

Activity: 392
Merit: 282

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2024, 09:45:02 PM

Let's be honest
A person who's only concerned about the dip should be considered a trader
An investor doesn't just wait for the dip
They have a target and a plan in making their investment.
Pick a project(Bitcoin) you trust with a great future and accumulate rather than waiting for dip to sell the top.
Yes once the dip comes buy not because is a dip but an opportunity to get cheaper especially if you have the spare funds. 

A person that chase the dip would get anxious if they buy the dip and more dips comes popping some might choose to quickly sell to buy cheaper especially when bloggers start posting what they know nothing about.
Alas after selling it might be too late.
Wishing for a dip, doesn't mean it would come
Try to DCA smartly. Especially if you a nocoiner or haven't accumulated enough.

▄███████████████████████▄
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
▀███████████████████████▀
BC.GAME
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
▄▀▀░▄██▀░▀██▄░▀▀▄
▄▀░▐▀▄░▀░░▀░░▀░▄▀▌░▀▄
▄▀▄█▐░▀▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀░▌█▄▀▄
▄▀░▀░░█░▄███████▄░█░░▀░▀▄
█░█░▀░█████████████░▀░█░█
█░██░▀█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀█▀░██░█
█░█▀██░█▀▀██▀▀█░██▀█░█
▀▄▀██░░░▀▀▄▌▐▄▀▀░░░██▀▄▀
▀▄▀██░░▄░▀▄█▄▀░▄░░██▀▄▀
▀▄░▀█░▄▄▄░▀░▄▄▄░█▀░▄▀
▀▄▄▀▀███▄███▀▀▄▄▀
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
..CASINO....SPORTS....POKER..

▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀███▄
██████████
▀███▄░▄██▀
▄▄████▄▄░▀█▀▄██▀▄▄████▄▄
▄███▀▀▀████▄▄██▀▄███▀▀███▄
███████▄▄▀▀████▄▄▀▀███████
▀███▄▄███▀░░░▀▀████▄▄▄███▀
▀▀████▀▀████████▀▀████▀▀
ginsan

Activity: 1456
Merit: 656

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 09:49:54 PM

Base on your registration date it shows that you have spend alot time with Bitcoin, so the chances of you having a nice Amount of Bitcoin is high because of the time you have spend in Bitcoin. What am trying to say is that if you have gotten to your accummulation goal already you can then decide to focus on the dip alone (as one choice to keep adding some extra bitcoin stashes in their portfolio) after gotten to their accumulation goal without any stress.

But for those that are new or haven't gotten enough coin yet , they can actually focus in waiting for the dip always before accumulating. It Will only slow down their rate of accumulating, leading them not having enough coin , because they won't accumulate until there's dip in market and with such method one can even endup missing out while waiting for the dip .
Quite right, I admit that those of us who are not yet satisfied with our BTC ownership will continue to buy it regularly. Well, for those who want to wait to buy at dips, but if it goes hand in hand with DCA, of course it's better. Maybe some people want to accumulate bitcoin faster than their desired target, they will move more aggressively to buy when they get a large injection of funds from their income. Reaching an earlier point of satisfaction will certainly be better because they can set the latest strategy in investing in the following year.

At the end of this year, of course, many of those who started investing at the beginning of this year will reach their milestone of success in achieving one year of their investment in bitcoin. Yes, I think they will be more enthusiastic to continue buying bitcoin to achieve the targets they apply. Apart from that, always press the buy button when it matures every week, always do it routinely, slowly our bitcoin ownership will increase in the portfolio, of course it will make us more enthusiastic to buy and hold.

Well, one more thing I got a good tweet about the good performance of bitcoin price movements after halving.

source

So what I want to say is, keep buying, because the decision is in your hands, manage the investment that we make as best as possible.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
reefsea
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 10:07:48 PM

A good pattern, not a chart pattern but the pattern you say. Hitting the buy button is the best among many strategies available today.
Investors will be successful in accumulating lots of bitcoins because they are diligent in hitting the buy button.

Bitcoin investment is the best compared to shitcoin. I am not sure how much has been lost by buying shitcoin. They should be aware of themselves to buy Bitcoin today.

I'm VERY confident that most of those cryptocurrencies that are not Bitcoin will simply die and/or become irrelevant after two or three decades. That's also how long your time-preference be for your Bitcoin investments in my personal opinion.
I think so too, slowly many investors will realize how stupid they are to choose shitcoin in their portfolio. It won't take long for shitcoin to die because they won't have any idea to attract us into them.

I think bitcoin is number 1 to be used as an investment for old age, bitcoin will be adopted by many countries in the next 10 years. Fiat will disappear and bitcoin will dominate it. For beginners, don't be afraid to invest in bitcoin because bitcoin is the best choice compared to other assets.

█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
████████▄▄█▄▄█▄▄██████████▀██████
█████░░█░░█░░█░░████████████▀████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████████▀██
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
██░░█░░█░░███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀███████████████████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██▀▀█▀▀█▀▀██████████▄▄▄██████████
██▄▄█▄▄█▄▄███████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
 Crypto Marketing Agency
By AB de Royse

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WIN $50 FREE RAFFLE
Community Giveaway

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████
██
██████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀████
██████████████▀▀░░░░████
██████████▀▀░░░▄▀░░▐████
██████▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░░█████
████▄▄░░░▄██▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░█▀░░░░░░░██████
████████▌▐░░▄░░░░▐██████
█████████░▄███▄░░███████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10836

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 10:09:12 PM

[edited out]

But you may have missed the point, ser. Because those people who would be more comfortable in buying the DIP would have already bought the DIP.

How would you presume that I missed whatever point you were attempting to make without much clarity in regards to what kind of person you are talking about, and your further attempts at clarifying are also not very helpful because they are vague and they still seem to emphasize vague and even seemingly dumb strategies that involve waiting for the dip.

There are a lot of ways that people can start out in bitcoin and surely their particulars circumstances will make differences, including if they had already been buying BTC, whether they bought bitcoin on the dip or they bought bitcoin at some other time.

I think part of the justification for not to be changing the name of the thread is that you cannot get "buying the dip" out of your head as if it were subliminally a preferred way of establishing a stake in bitcoin, and surely I have no problem with buying dips or incorporating buying the dip into some of the BTC accumulation strategies, especially if buying dips does not end up involving way more waiting for dips (which is not a great strategy) rather than actually buying BTC on a regular basis (which is likely a better strategy for most people).. so surely part of the dilemma that anyone has is to figure out the extent to which he is going to be content if the BTC price ends up going up rather than going down, and if the BTC price ends up going up, has he come to a comfortable point in his BTC stacking journey that he is not regretting for not having had bought more at the lower prices, and so if someone is sitting around and allowing fiat to stack up because he is waiting for a dip, then he likely is not employing good BTC accumulation practices, financially or psychologically... even if you want to suggest vague notions that people can do whatever  they want, and most people when left to do whatever they want, end up not doing anything.. .which ends up damaging them in the end, even if they were doing what they wanted to do.  So investment in bitcoin is likely more of an active an proactive kind of behavior rather than a waiting around strategy, even if you seem to continue to enjoy to promote your buying on the dip waiting strategy.

Plus it's not about what you believe is what's "perfect" for each and every individual. The point also is for each and every individual to choose and know which investment strategy fits their own personality because each and every one of us are different, no?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Of course, each of us is tailoring our approach to our own circumstances, and anyone who is brand new to bitcoin may well take some time to build up a bitcoin stack, so there should be a certain value that comes from ongoingly building, perhaps for a whole cycle before employing waiting approaches to the investment.  How much extra disposable income is available and how much BTC has been bought might end up affecting the extent to which some holding back of fiat might be practical for any particular person.  Some folks might not even know their own circumstances well enough, yet surely the longer that they had been stacking BTC then maybe the more likely that they might start to feel comfortable that they have enough BTC and waiting might be a better practice.  

We might even need some specific example to really flesh out these kinds of points rather than speaking in generalities, and maybe we can describe some hypothetical person who might have had gotten involved in bitcoin in early-to-mid 2021.

So maybe we can say such person is in his late 20s in early 2021, and has an income that varies between $2k to $3.3k per month (maybe averaging around $2,400 per month and so $28,800-ish per year), and maybe his expenses are anywhere between $1,600 and $2,500 per month (averaging around $1,900 per month and around $22,800 per year) so there is some variance in the guy's discretionary income, and maybe by early 2021, he had saved around $12k (some of it invested, some of it in various back up cash funds).  

And, so the guy learned about bitcoin while the BTC price was going up in early  2021, and he read quite a bit about a large level of confidence that BTC was going up to at least $100k and maybe even $200k in 2021, and even though he was considering investing into bitcoin for 4-10 years or longer, he also considered that it would be nice to start out building his BTC investment stash from some kind of a dip rather than starting when the BTC price was going up, so he had considered that when he was starting to buy the dip in April/May 2021, he bought $5k worth of BTC at $50k (which would be 0.1 BTC) so then he also decided that he was going to continue to DCA buy BTC at $100 per week, and maybe buy some more dips later down the road, so he ended up budgeting right around $100 per week, so since May 1, 2021, he had invested right around $17,600 through DCA which resulted in an additional 0.5298 BTC, so his total BTC stash right now is 0.6298 BTC (spot price valued at $36,636 - 200-WMA valued at $24,539) that he had purchased for right around $22,600.  

So maybe in our hypothetical we might want to say that our guy bought dips rather than buying DCA, yet it is really difficult to figure out how that would have had been done with any kind of knowledge when the dips were going to be, yet even with mostly a DCA strategy, he still is not in a bad place after right around 3.5 years investing into bitcoin.

So whether measuring the value of his BTC holdings from spot price or from the 200-WMA, the hypothetical guy is in profits, yet he still might not consider his BTC stash to be even close to enough for his own personal goals, since maybe tentatively he would like to get to having 10 years of his expenses to be covered by his savings/investment into BTC, and with current expenses around $1,900 per month, he considers his annual expenses are around $23k, so he would like to get to at minimum of around $230k in regards to the 200-WMA valuation of his stash.... and he also expects that the amount that he is going to need will likely go up too, so he may well be aiming at getting to somewhere between $500k and $1million in terms of the valuation of his BTC stash in the 200-WMA. So maybe currently he is around 1/10th of the way towards reaching his goal, but more likely he is ONLY around 1/20th of the way to reach his goal, which is also not a bad place to be after ONLY investing in BTC for 3.5 years, so he remains optimistic about continuing to invest in BTC for the next 4-10 years or longer..and with the rate that he is going, he still considers that his ongoing investing into bitcoin may well still take him another 10-15 years to reach his goals, yet still partly depending on how BTC prices do during his ongoing BTC accumulation process too.

Yet should this hypothetical guy continue to buy BTC through DCA methods as he has been doing and/or buying on dips or some other ways to go forward?  

How is he going to know if he is being disadvantaged if he continues to buy and the BTC price is going up?  

How is he going to know if the BTC price is going to dip or not?

Sure, we can even proclaim that this hypothetical guy will sometimes get extra bonuses of cashflow from work 2-3 times per year that might be anywhere between $2k and $4k... yet one of the ONLY ways to continue to know that he is making progress in building his BTC stash to greater amounts is likely through ongoing, persistent and consistent buying, and maybe he might need to continue to DCA through another whole cycle or two before he might start to feel comfortable that he is starting to get close to his goals or that he can move away from DCAing.. and surely his getting close to his goals is also partially dependent upon what the BTC price does during the next couple of cycles, and historically, the 200-WMA has continued to go up more than 20% per year, which means the stash of bitcoin that he had already accumulated goes up, yet it is also like that his purchasing price per BTC is still going to continue to go up, too, so there an be a bit of confidence in those kinds of metrics (such as the 200-WMA), even though bitcoin price is not guaranteed to continue to go up, so the guy ONLY has his own circumstances to balance out in terms of how much he might want to continue to DCA versus if there might be some other tactics that he might be able to try to do such as buying the dip, and surely maybe the guy has already made considerable efforts towards trying to increase his income and to cut his expenses, yet he also might have limitations in regards to how much he is ready, willing and able to do based on his own particular financial and psychological circumstances.

Do you have some kind of suggestion regarding what this kind of a guy should be doing in regards to DCA versus buying on the dip, and recommendations that he should be fucking around trying to figure out when there might be dips or not? or maybe he should just keep buying regularly for at least another cycle or two before he starts to feel like he might fuck around with trying to figure out dips?  Yeah, it is easy to see historical dips, but seeing dips going forward is likely not as easy of a task as you might believe it to be, especially when we are dealing with the reality of real people rather than just talking about vaguenesses in regards to dips might or might not end up happening.

That simple "line" holds historical significance in Bitcoin, although "some people" may disagree.
what if the price of Bitcoin keep soaring, are we going to still be waiting for the price to drop before we invest? What if in the process we spend the fund while waiting for the dip time to come? I think this are discouragement mindset and I see them as procrastination that tends to divert our attention from from doing what we ought to do whenever we are ready.
I believe you're applying the wrong attitude towards choosing a DCA strategy. A DCA investor accepts the condition that he/she can't predict the market, and therefore purchases an asset in a fixed amount/in regular intervals. Telling yourself, "what if the price of Bitcoin keep soaring", will merely lead you to FOMO.
If you are holding back money and not investing, then you may well be led to FOMO more easily than someone who is already investing (through DCA) on a regular consistent and persistent basis.
What's the point of holding money without investing?

First off you are misquoting me, and Wind_FURY had made the statement "If you are holding back money and not investing......"

Second, he seems to be wrong about that, as you pointed out.

Maybe because it's waiting for an uncertain downturn? Obviously this will be easier to get FOMO when bitcoin has soared and he doesn't invest but just holds it while other people who are successful with consistent DCA continue to experience the profits he does all the time with his DCA then those who hold money will FOMO and buy bitcoin prices at high prices, it is not wrong to buy any bitcoin price as long as the long-term is 10 years, but we know people who are FOMO will usually feel easy to panic again when prices fall.

You are correct that the investor who is ongoingly buying BTC is way less likely to FOMO, and yeah sure there are different levels of aggressiveness, so if someone might have had been overly whimpy in his DCA strategy and holding back a lot of money, then he might get nervous if the BTC price goes shooting up and he had been holding money to buy on dips that did not end up happening.

Unlike an investor whose DCA strategy will remain consistent under any circumstances.

It is more likely that a person who is ongoing investing with DCA is going to be interacting with his BTC portfolio more, yet surely there are investors who might drop the ball, get lazy and attempt to be overly strategic with their DCA and then end up screwing up by failing to buy at the bottom and then overly buying when the BTC prices are going up.. so yeah, it is likely better to just try to be more consistent when possible with the DCA, even though surely some people do get some satisfaction by trying to be somewhat strategic and it might not hurt matters too much if they don't end up over doing their strategies and then getting it wrong and then failing to DCA in a way that is more consistent with their income rather than fucking around trying to figure out if the BTC price is up or down or sideways.   Maybe after one or two cycles of ongoing BTC accumulation they might start to get into a better position to be tweaking their DCA approach, yet surely there is a lot of variance in how tweaking might be employed in reasonable ways that don't devolve into gambling rather than continuing to emphasize investing and building of the BTC stack through non-gambling ways..

[edited out]
What's there to wait about? I think people who aren't holding are either just scared or really not that into keep Bitcoin because I believe even till date there are still lots of people who don't actually know about the true essence of holding Bitcoin rather they just dive in due to maybe what people are saying about it and those kind of person just give excuses because I see no reason to wait if you already have the mentality and know that Bitcoin is steady growing despite it downturn and bear season everything at the end still results to a new and bigger price just that time is the one holding everything so it's better to have a blank space mind about the price and just continue buying and holding till the price gets your attention to sell maybe for like 8-10 years or even more that's if you have the balls.

It seems to me that any of us should be able to structure our BTC investment in ways that we do not necessarily need to have a lot of "balls" to hold it, since historically, bitcoin has been amongst the best of investments (and really probably the best investment), yet at the same time, there is no real evidence that bitcoin's investment thesis is getting weaker, even if the upside potential might be getting smaller, but bitcoin continues with a strong investment thesis, so we merely have to figure out a position size in bitcoin that is comfortable for our own circumstances, and if bitcoin remains a good investment into the future, there is no need to even take super aggressive buying stances in order to still be able to have very decently good likelihood of profiting from bitcoin into the future.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
2Pizza410000BTC

Activity: 490
Merit: 295

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 10:20:35 PM

To my fellow plebs.

Buy the DIP or DCA, more aggressive or less aggressive - we can debate and argue these things in the topic. BUT when it comes to actually doing an investment plan/strategy - that's up to you. You press the buttons/press the enter key, not the people in the topic, YOU.

There are larger/richer asset managers who are currently accumulating Bitcoin today than during 2020.

I prefer to consistently do DCA rather than buy DIP this has been a long term strategy plan in DCA accumulation, more convenient of course I still have fiat to own and get a better price.
This strategy should be maintained and I also see many interesting arguments here, although there is no conclusion on myself yet I still maintain the DCA strategy.
It has been more than 2 years with the DCA strategy and the results are quite good after looking at the portfolio and will certainly continue to be maintained.
Moreover, almost everyone knows about my situation in Bangladesh, it is not safe to keep money in the bank from this country, that's why I always keep money in Bitcoin instead of keeping money in the bank, which is why I am constantly continuing the DCA method. I hope that the way I am going is the best way to go.
But you can't invest all the money you have in the bank into bitcoin. Either way you are still going to need to keep your reserved funds and emergency funds in Fiat. The only money that's not supposed to be kept in the bank is the money that's supposed to be used for investments, or long term savings which you won't be needing for a considerable number of years. Your reserves and e mergency funds should be kept in Fiat and possibly in the bank. But if you are scared that part you are keeping in the bank is going to be eaten up by inflation, you can store it in a stable coin like usdt. It is better to separate those from the bitcoin reserve you are accumulating that's meant to be for long term hold. Because if you keep all your money in bitcoin, if problem comes and you need money you are going to sell from that bitcoin and at that point you have started tampering with the bitcoin you have accumulated.
I'm not investing all of my money in bitcoins I'm investing some of my income in bitcoins because I have a small business that earns money from it I'm investing some of it in bitcoins instead of keeping it in the bank. I use the money I earn from my business for my needs. I don't keep money in the bank because everyone knows that the condition of my Bangladesh is not good. Most of my country's banks are bankrupt and many banks are on the verge of bankruptcy. I have kept money at home instead of keeping money in banks when political leaders have bankrupted many banks by borrowing billions of rupees from each bank. Currently, with the change of government, the country has regained some democracy and people are slowly regaining the freedom they had lost. But if the country is normal, of course we will keep money in our bank, but for my emergency needs, I must keep my local money with me so that I can use it immediately if necessary.

░░░█▄░
▄▄███░░███▄▄░
▄██▀▀░█░▄█▄░░░▀▀██▄
▄██▀░░░░▄████▀▄░░░░░██▄
██▀░░░░▄▀██████▄▀▄░░░░▀██
██▀░░░▄▀▄█████████▄▀▄░░░▀██
██░░▄▀▄█████████████▄▀▄░░██
██░░█▄███████████████░█░░██
██▄░███████████████████░▄██
██▌░▀▀█████▀█▀█████▀▀░▄██
▀██▄░░░░░░▄█▀▄░░░░░▄██▀
▀██▀░░▄████▄▀░░▀██▀
▀▀███████▀▀

DAKE.GG

░░░░░░▄█████▄
▄█████████████████▄
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░▄██▄
██░░▀▀█░▀▀█░▀▀█░░██░░████
██░░░█▀░░█▀░░█▀░░██░░░██
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░██
███████████████████░░░██
▀█████████████████▀░░░██
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀▀▀
░█████████████████
░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░████████▀▀▀▀
░░░░██░▀░██░████████▄▄▄▄
░░░░███▄███░█░░█████████
░░░░░█████░█████████████
░░░░░▀████░█████▀░█████
▄▄▄▄▄░███░░███▀░░░░████
█▄█▄█░░██░███▄░░░░░▄██▀
█▄█▄█░░▀▀░▀████▄░▄████
▄▄░░░░█████░██████████
▄▄▀░░██▄██░▀▀▀▀█████
░░░░▀▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄

PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Hatchy

Activity: 532
Merit: 545

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>PID

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2024, 10:25:03 PM

Let's be honest
Pick a project(Bitcoin) you trust with a great future and accumulate rather than waiting for dip to sell the top.
Yes once the dip comes buy not because is a dip but an opportunity to get cheaper especially if you have the spare funds. 

A person that chase the dip would get anxious if they buy the dip and more dips comes popping some might choose to quickly sell to buy cheaper especially when bloggers start posting what they know nothing about.
It's certain that the market will experience a downturn at some point. While waiting for this dip, the best strategy for potential investors is to use Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA). Don't let the fear of a market dip stop you from accumulating your share of Bitcoin. Remember, a market dip is an opportunity to buy more at a lower price. So, as long as you're prepared to take advantage of the dip, you'll be in a good position as an investor. So for the mean time, you continue the DCA so you can ride along the train when theres a bull.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▄▄████▄▄
▀█▀
▄▀▀▄▀█▀
▄░░▄█░██░█▄░░▄
█░▄█░▀█▄▄█▀░█▄░█
▀▄░███▄▄▄▄███░▄▀
▀▀█░░░▄▄▄▄░░░█▀▀
░░██████░░█
█░░░░▀▀░░░░█
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄░█████▀▀█████░▄
▄███████░██░███████▄
▀▀██████▄▄██████▀▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▀▄███░░░▀████░███▄▀██▄
███░████░░░░░▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄░░░░▀░████░███
███░████░███▄░░░░████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄░░███▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
SOUTHAMPTON FC
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
I_Anime

Activity: 504
Merit: 208

View Profile
September 12, 2024, 10:31:50 PM

I'm not investing all of my money in bitcoins I'm investing some of my income in bitcoins because I have a small business that earns money from it I'm investing some of it in bitcoins instead of keeping it in the bank. I use the money I earn from my business for my needs. I don't keep money in the bank because everyone knows that the condition of my Bangladesh is not good. Most of my country's banks are bankrupt and many banks are on the verge of bankruptcy. I have kept money at home instead of keeping money in banks when political leaders have bankrupted many banks by borrowing billions of rupees from each bank. Currently, with the change of government, the country has regained some democracy and people are slowly regaining the freedom they had lost. But if the country is normal, of course we will keep money in our bank, but for my emergency needs, I must keep my local money with me so that I can use it immediately if necessary

Well you don't actually need to invest all your money in Bitcoin before you can have enough, you can just keep the DCAing burning till you get to the point of having enough Bitcoin. Because going all in , sounded more like gambling. Because most people that didn't plan well and just go all in with their money into Bitcoin, usually sell or withdraw their Bitcoin too early , due to the fact that they went all in with their funds and inside that funds their emergency funds also inside,so they won't be able to balance things , so they will eventually take their Bitcoin as a substitute to their emergency funds.

Let's be honest

It's certain that the market will experience a downturn at some point. While waiting for this dip, the best strategy for potential investors is to use Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA). Don't let the fear of a market dip stop you from accumulating your share of Bitcoin. Remember, a market dip is an opportunity to buy more at a lower price. So, as long as you're prepared to take advantage of the dip, you'll be in a good position as an investor. So for the mean time, you continue the DCA so you can ride along the train when theres a bull.

That's right, beside one can still use their DCAing as form of buying the dip aslong they keep accumulating, because if you ain't ready for the dip then you ain't ready for the increase in prices when the time comes. So to be in a safer side is to have good Bitcoin stashes in your portfolio.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
bitcoin_mining

Activity: 173
Merit: 139

Catalog Websites

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 04:37:54 AM

Let's be honest

DCA investment strategy is the right strategy for every market condition. Common people get very disappointed when the market dumps after investing but it is completely different for those who invest in DCA investment strategy. Because if the market dumps after investing, then the investors get a chance to make a profit and at that time they invest with more money. Investing in this strategy usually doesn't involve much risk so I think one should invest in DCA investment strategy without investing huge amount of money at once.

████████████████████     BitList     ████████████████████
Real-Time Data Tracking Curated by The Community
│     List #kycfree Websites     │
Zackz5000

Activity: 210
Merit: 152

Better days are close

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 05:16:44 AM

Let's be honest

DCA investment strategy is the right strategy for every market condition. Common people get very disappointed when the market dumps after investing but it is completely different for those who invest in DCA investment strategy. Because if the market dumps after investing, then the investors get a chance to make a profit and at that time they invest with more money. Investing in this strategy usually doesn't involve much risk so I think one should invest in DCA investment strategy without investing huge amount of money at once.
There is nothing wrong if an investor has a huge of money and decided to invest it on Bitcoin at once if he knows it won't affect his daily living or leading to selling his Bitcoin due to lack of money to take care of personal activities because he is going to reap the benefits in the future, to goal is to stack enough Bitcoin and hodl for long.

If an investor has huge amount and decide to invest it in Bitcoin in such a way that it won't affect his personal life or his Bitcoin investment fine that will help him to have enough Bitcoin.

Where it is wrong is when an investor invest huge amount money into Bitcoin that will later affect his personal living or lead to selling out his Bitcoin hodling.

Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1908

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 05:33:16 AM

[edited out]

But you may have missed the point, ser. Because those people who would be more comfortable in buying the DIP would have already bought the DIP.

How would you presume that I missed whatever point you were attempting to make without much clarity in regards to what kind of person you are talking about, and your further attempts at clarifying are also not very helpful because they are vague and they still seem to emphasize vague and even seemingly dumb strategies that involve waiting for the dip.

There are a lot of ways that people can start out in bitcoin and surely their particulars circumstances will make differences, including if they had already been buying BTC, whether they bought bitcoin on the dip or they bought bitcoin at some other time.

I think part of the justification for not to be changing the name of the thread is that you cannot get "buying the dip" out of your head as if it were subliminally a preferred way of establishing a stake in bitcoin, and surely I have no problem with buying dips or incorporating buying the dip into some of the BTC accumulation strategies, especially if buying dips does not end up involving way more waiting for dips (which is not a great strategy) rather than actually buying BTC on a regular basis (which is likely a better strategy for most people).. so surely part of the dilemma that anyone has is to figure out the extent to which he is going to be content if the BTC price ends up going up rather than going down, and if the BTC price ends up going up, has he come to a comfortable point in his BTC stacking journey that he is not regretting for not having had bought more at the lower prices, and so if someone is sitting around and allowing fiat to stack up because he is waiting for a dip, then he likely is not employing good BTC accumulation practices, financially or psychologically... even if you want to suggest vague notions that people can do whatever  they want, and most people when left to do whatever they want, end up not doing anything.. .which ends up damaging them in the end, even if they were doing what they wanted to do.  So investment in bitcoin is likely more of an active an proactive kind of behavior rather than a waiting around strategy, even if you seem to continue to enjoy to promote your buying on the dip waiting strategy.

No one made a "justification" on whether an individual should buy the DIP, or DCA, or both. Or whether an investment strategy is better than another investment strategy. Simply, merely choose the path that makes YOU comfortable in your investments.

Would that be a mistake?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10836

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 05:59:06 AM

[edited out]

No one made a "justification" on whether an individual should buy the DIP, or DCA, or both. Or whether an investment strategy is better than another investment strategy. Simply, merely choose the path that makes YOU comfortable in your investments.

Would that be a mistake?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes.  Your ongoing mistake is you continue to fail/refuse to be specific.  You are almost always describing some fantasy in which it might be nice to maintain some dry powder for buying BTC dips, since you are claiming that kind of a waiting for dips strategy to be more advantageous for guys who are poor, blah blah blah.  Historically, part of your justification for waiting has been that poor people need the advantage of getting more sats for the amount of little money that they have, so they cannot afford to be buying more expensive BTC and getting fewer BTC for their fiat.. as if they can figure out when dips might happen.  

I doubt that any poor people are advantaged by such a strategy of waiting for dips rather than regularly buying and not trying to guess if the BTC price is high or low or whatever, and absent some special circumstances that maybe you might describe to be present for such poor persons.

In other words, it seems to me that as soon as such poor people figure out that they are authorizing the amount to be put into BTC they should buy right away or budget it for each week until their next authorization rather than saving it for a dip that may or may not end up happening..

You do realize that I gave you a specific example of a hypothetical person who had already been buying BTC for 3.5 years, and I described his budget (more or less), and in that regard you could attempt to grapple with the reality of actual specific facts rather than maintaining vague assertions about "it all depends on the person blah blah blah".. well I described you the person and the financial circumstances of such person.. and you are free to even change some of the facts within reasonable parameters if you might be trying to make some kind of a point regarding how the guy might be advantaged by some kind of a waiting strategy rather than continuing to buy $100 per week as he had been doing and seems to be in his budget, and it seems to me that DCA is a pretty fucking good way to be making progress and taking action every week no matter what the BTC price (yeah sure, he might manually structure his buys to try to buy dips within the week, yet every week he is most likely best off to just buy BTC with his $100 and without fail), as compared to waiting around for possible longer term dips that may or may not come, even for this particular hypothetical guy who had started investing in BTC more or less during a bullish year.. and close to the 2021 top.

Give it to me.  Describe some parameters in which it might be preferable for such a guy to fuck around with waiting top buy BTC rather than regularly investing and buying BTC every week and not matter what the BTC price in the next 4 years or so.. go on tell me for the next 4 years what the guy should be doing that might be better than buying every week with his $100 budget.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
cryptoWODL

Activity: 364
Merit: 308

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 06:05:45 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2024, 06:16:33 AM by cryptoWODL

It is true that investing in the Dollar cost Averaging (DCA)method is open to everyone and even if you invest using this method you will have the opportunity to buy Bitcoins in any market condition. Down market conditions are uncomfortable for every investor but with DCA you don't have to worry about market dips. But even though this is a recommended strategy for all of us, everyone needs to secure the reserved funds before investing in this method. Since we plan to invest in this method for a long period of time, we need to ensure that the investment continues comfortably for a long period of time.

Where it is wrong is when an investor invest huge amount money into Bitcoin that will later affect his personal living or lead to selling out his Bitcoin hodling.
No matter how much money we have, why should we invest it all together? Instead of investing the entire amount of bitcoins at once, we can invest in several steps that may be convenient for us. Maybe such an investment method or a few steps investment method @JJG has already mentioned earlier. Keep some amount of the invested money to buy dips, do regular DCA with some amount and keep the remaining amount to meet your family needs so that there is no hindrance to continue investing for a long time. So it is very important to keep the reserve fund before investing because in any market situation the reserve fund helps you to create opportunity to buy Bitcoin.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
PLAY NOW
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
Tmoonz

Activity: 280
Merit: 197

View Profile
September 13, 2024, 06:45:03 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2024, 07:16:58 AM by Tmoonz

[edited out]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are very correct and I completely agree with you, I usually say that anyone coming into the Bitcoin without having his or her personal conviction and decision regarding to Bitcoin by not being decisive rather they rely on it just because it is what every one else seems to be talking about or doing can never make an informed decisions because they can easily be moved to attend to so much public opinions such that he or she can become very confused as to what will be the best for him, anyone ever considering Bitcoin should as well think patient, consistency as to achieve a good size of Bitcoin up to reasonable amount and hold for as long comfortably 4 to 10 years or more.

Let's be honest

I don't know what could be your definition of investing huge amount of money at once regarding to DCA strategy, don't be in a hurry to forget that their are different level of players in the  market I mean investors with different financial levels such that the amount one may consider to huge might not be huge for the other person hence their no point trying to suggest that one should not come in terms with the DCA with a huge amount at once, what is most important is the cash flow and understanding the level of his disposable income and how much comfortable he can be with the invested amount without negatively affecting his or other living expenses of which an emergency fund is inclusive.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
Nheer

Activity: 588
Merit: 536

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2024, 07:08:22 AM

Let's be honest

Waiting for dips everytime can be really frustrating and i see it like a waste of time because as you keep waiting you are just wasting time that you might have used to accumulate and when the dips is followed by other dips it becomes problematic.  Purchasing the dip can actually be confusing for some people, particularly in situations where things don't go as planned and they encounter multiple dips. In these situations, they may become anxious and sell their bitcoin to make a cheaper purchase, which is already a poor business decision.

Occasionally, people spend all of their available funds at one dip and lose out on subsequent declines, which can easily result in a loss on their investment and make it simpler for them to decide to sell when things aren't going well. This isn't the case with the DCA method, instead, it help solve a lot of issues. The only thing you need to worry about is staying disciplined and sticking to your investment plan, which calls for periodic accumulation and long-term holding. DCA adopters still have the chance to purchase bitcoin during the dips if they can afford it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 [544] 545 546 »
  Print  

Jump to: