Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 10:10:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the DIP, and HODL!  (Read 110150 times)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 10882

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 02:41:05 AM

These guys are only following what they read and watch online,
You want them to follow you instead?  Then what?
It's not about following me, it's about being smart. They also have the choice to weigh their options, and perhaps try the two for a while to choose the most reasonable one through earning results and portfolio safety rather than blindly believing in buying! buying!! buying!!!.
JayJuanGee is right because obviously since you don't acknowledge the DCA that has been very helpful to everyone you are certainly implying that People should follow your investment pattern instead since you believe that your strategy is better and smarter, actually there is nothing smart in advising someone into using a method that would possibly results them losing everything all because of trying to outsmart the market.
It seems to me that part of EarnOnVictor's problem is that he is spouting out that there is supposedly some better strategy than DCA, but he does not really particularize such strategy in a replicable way including figuring out how to show normies how to follow such a supposed superior strategy in terms of acquiring and/or maintaining their BTC position.
I agree with you because I have also thought about it that EarnOnVictor is just trying to look for any other means to show that DCA strategy is wrong but he fails to be specific on what strategy he feels is better and why he feels that those other strategy are better than DCA, actually I still wonder how all he has said will be of any beneficial to a holder because when he talk about outsmarting the market he was not even particular on the kind of strategy he proposed to use in outsmarting the market that he believes to be superior than DCA strategy, so actually he doesn't really have any better strategy but instead he is just trying to displaying an assumption that isn't true because there is no any other better strategy to use in accumulation of Bitcoin other than the ones you have explain so far.

It could be that some of these kinds of guys, like EarnOnVictor, could just be here to contribute to confusion and inspire guys to have a gambling and/or trading mentality, and sure, it could really be true that he follows such strategies himself and it also could be true that he outperforms DCA - even though it can be quite difficult for normal people to really outperform DCA when they are fucking around trying to guess if the BTC price might go up or down or sideways.

Of course, we can look back at charts and say that we should have had bought at various times and that we should have waited at other times, yet for an overwhelming majority of normies, we are not going to be able to see those price points in advance, at least not with any kind of level of clarity or confidence, so in that regard, even if the normie may well end up paying a bit more on average for some of his Bitcoin, he likely is still going to be able to create and to follow through with action in regards to plans that ongoingly increase his bitcoin and become quite likely for him to be in a much better place 4-10 years down the road or longer... and with an investment like bitcoin, it has historically performed so well that it really did not matter so much at what price points the earliest of adopters were investing into bitcoin, so in that regard the DCAers have tended to have very good BTC portfolio performance, especially the longer that they have been in, especially since we can see from the charts that the BTC price has been and continues to trend upward.

There have been a lot of traders who end up fucking up their BTC portfolios and even their psychology by either failing to buy BTC regularly and/or even selling too many BTC too soon.  They become bitter beartwats who used to have BTC and are still waiting for the BTC price to go lower than their sell price. Getting into that kind of mindset is likely not a very healthy place to be, especially for someone who wants to build his bitcoin portfolio as soon as possible, even though it still could take 4-10 years or longer just to build it up and to get to a point that maybe he might transition into more of a kind of maintanence rather than accumulating and then perhaps later down the road start to shave off some profits here and there along the way in a kind sustainable way that could be price based and/or time based - and I tend to conjecture that the price based shavings come first, even though there are justifications to start to employ either one of the withdrawal systems once a person reaches high enough levels of BTC accumulation - and better yet if it is a kind of overaccumulation status to justify carrying out the withdrawals.

Yes, we all know that past performance does not equal future performance, so surely it is likely going to be the case that the upside steepness of bitcoin's price performance is not going to be as great as it had been in the past, yet at the same, time there really is nothing to establish that bitcoin's investment thesis has been weakening with the passage of time, and largely various forms of BTC adoption and the building of network effects (as outlined by Trace Mayer) have continued to be increasing with the passage of time.

You have been in this thread for a long time, and you have seen how we used to tell newbies how risky it's to invest money in shitcoins, but you choose to use your money to trade shitcoins with the hope of making a quick profit,
Most people don’t do what they preach. The reason why I think most people involve themselves in all this shitcoins is just because they are looking for quick money, and in the process of doing that, we might end up losing everything we have. Real people that understand crypto know that there is no rush in it, and if you are desperate to make money, then you might end up falling in the wrong hands.

There seems to be little to no reason to study, learn and/or understand crypto... Seems like a BIG ass waste of time to attempt to be doing that.

I would suggest learning bitcoin first, and then the extent to which the various shitcoins might relate to bitcoin, then some of the happenings that involve shitcoins could be looked at through the eyes of first understanding bitcoin...

When you understand bitcoin first, then some of the various shitcoins will be better understood in terms of their either serving as affinity scams to bitcoin or perhaps second layers to bitcoin (to the extent that they might have some stability) and/or otherwise just drafting off of bitcoin's momentum.

Trading bitcoin and having patience is just better than trading all these shitcoins because there is just high chances of losing money.

If a person is trading, then perhaps it does not matter whether they are trading bitcoin or shitcoin, since trading is likely just trying to make profits from price moves in either direction and also attempts to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities that might exist between coins and projects.  With trading there are also various kinds of financialization instruments that can be used, too, including using leverage, which many of those trading and/or gambling practices become more problematic after recognizing and appreciating the various strengths of bitcoin's long term investment thesis.. So realizing that bitcoin has a decently strong long term investment thesis, should help to inspire the accumulation of bitcoin rather than attempting to trade it.

If you have been making money from shitcoins previously, don’t be surprised that you will end up losing everything you have made one day.

Sure.  The truth with any trading and/or gambling and/or getting involved in shitcoins, if you do not lose your money right away, then the longer that you are involved in it, then you run chances of losing your stash and/or failing to benefit as well as you could have had benefitted by just investing into bitcoin.  Even bitcoin is not guaranteed, yet if you involve yourself with trading bitcoin or even shitcoins, you are just adding levels of risk, that may well take a lot of extra risk or even require some luck in order to merely perform as well as a strategy that involves focusing on accumulating bitcoin through buying only techniques... No need to sell or trade your bitcoin if your goal happens to be to accumulate bitcoin, and one of the most assured ways to accumulate more bitcoin is by continuously, peristently and consistently buying bitcoin, which does not require trading, selling or even the employment of more advanced (and/or complicated) financial instruments.

There are so many shitcoins that are built with no solid use case, and it is difficult to determine the shitcoins that will do well because they only depend on hype to grow in price
Is any shitcoin even built on any solid use case? I don’t really think so, most shitcoins are just based on hype, whenever there is hype, it pumps, and if the hype dies down, it’s dump, and after dump, some of them might not even rise again after dumping. So the best thing is to just invest in bitcoin and have peace of mind.

Just say no to getting involved in shitcoins, and if you cannot resist getting involved in shitcoins, trading and/or gambling, then at least limit the amount that you put into such endeavors to less than 10% of the size of your bitcoin holdings, and don't cheat by continuing to withdraw from your bitcoin holdings after you have taken the 10%, yet if you are ongoingly buying BTC and shitcoins it would still be acceptable to have up to a 10% allocation into shitcoins and/or trading, so that you would have 90% into bitcoin and 10% into shitcoins and/or trading (aka gambling).

I agree with you because I have also thought about it that EarnOnVictor is just trying to look for any other means to show that DCA strategy is wrong but he fails to be specific on what strategy he feels is better and why he feels that those other strategy are better than DCA, actually I still wonder how all he has said will be of any beneficial to a holder because when he talk about outsmarting the market he was not even particular on the kind of strategy he proposed to use in outsmarting the market that he believes to be superior than DCA strategy, so actually he doesn't really have any better strategy but instead he is just trying to displaying an assumption that isn't true because there is no any other better strategy to use in accumulation of Bitcoin other than the ones you have explain so far.
I wondered when EarnOnVictor deviated from an educative discussion to a competitive one. Ultimately, who cares who owns more Bitcoin than the other or whose strategies work well for them? Bitcoin investment is meant to be personal. We only share our experiences in this thread to benefit from others facing the same difficulties, share ideas, and come to a personal conclusion. If any other strategy works well for him then he should stick to it, rather than criticizing the DCA that many investors use to accumulate.

I doubt that we are opposed to criticisms of DCA or even proposals for better BTC accumulation strategies, so EarnOnVictor would not be off topic if he might be suggesting better ways to employ DCA, so even if he is proclaiming that he is not trading (which he is not even saying that), yet he tries to proclaim that it is better to attempt to be more strategic in regards to employing DCA by not buying as much when the BTC price is more and saving up in order to buy more BTC when the BTC price is dipping, and surely those are ideas that are within the contemplation of this thread and members are free to have their differing opinions the extent to which they might employ strict DCA versus if they might try to be more strategic around potential BTC price dips that might come.  He tries to proclaim that there are indicators that cause it to be obvious when the BTC price is going to dip, so that we would be better off to not be strict in our DCA approach. 

Personally, I have my doubts that beginners should be fucking around trying to figure out when dips might or might not happen, and it is likely way better to just continuously buy BTC, and then maybe after accumulating a certain quantity of BTC, then there might be more luxury to be able to try to hold back and to buy on dips. I surely disagree to the extent that selling of BTC should be employed for anyone who is still in their earliest of stages of BTC accumulation.  Perhaps BTC selling might start to come in handy after a BTC accumulator had spent quite a bit of time accumulating BTC and perhaps have reached a state of overaccumulation.  Surely folks can misread when to start to employ such selling techniques, so I tend to think it is problematic to sell BTC for guys who already know that their goals are to accumulate BTC.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Tungbulu

Activity: 182
Merit: 131

RATING:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 06:03:31 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

There are so many shitcoins that are built with no solid use case, and it is difficult to determine the shitcoins that will do well because they only depend on hype to grow in price
Is any shitcoin even built on any solid use case? I don’t really think so, most shitcoins are just based on hype, whenever there is hype, it pumps, and if the hype dies down, it’s dump, and after dump, some of them might not even rise again after dumping. So the best thing is to just invest in bitcoin and have peace of mind.

Just say no to getting involved in shitcoins, and if you cannot resist getting involved in shitcoins, trading and/or gambling, then at least limit the amount that you put into such endeavors to less than 10% of the size of your bitcoin holdings, and don't cheat by continuing to withdraw from your bitcoin holdings after you have taken the 10%, yet if you are ongoingly buying BTC and shitcoins it would still be acceptable to have up to a 10% allocation into shitcoins and/or trading, so that you would have 90% into bitcoin and 10% into shitcoins and/or trading (aka gambling).
This is basically the best advice to those newbies or investors feeling that diversification to other shitcoins simply because of the hype that backs up the project. Shitcoin investments are literally one of the most dangerous and risky was to gamble your money, but for those who may not be able to resist the temptation and hype and due to FOMO wishes to give it a try, it’s important to play safe while at it, so you don’t jeopardize and endanger your Portfolio, so sticking to Bitcoin and limiting your involvement in these shitty projects is basically the best way to keep your Bitcoin portfolio safe from crashing.

Shitcoins mostly survive on hype, and if this hype is take away, you’ll see that there isn’t the tiniest bit of substance in them, just promises surrounded by hypes, and it’s pretty easy fr anyone to get caught up in this hype that surrounds this projects or even some potential trading opportunities (which are just as dangerous as shitcoins investment) and everyone’s just talking about the next big thing that’s gonna hit the market and before you know it, FOMO begins to hit everyone and if one fails to apply caution in their approach he’ll end up thinking he’s missing the boat and end up making some crazy decisions. In this kind of situation, one’s approach towards the situation matters a lot, it’s always essential to keep it real and avoid following the hypes and invest responsibly.

I’ve seen and heard of so many horrible cautionary tales of people who put their life’s worth in some shady projects that promises the whole world to their investors and we all know how such a scenario ends. I’ve also seen a lot people being totally burned by investing in shitcoins and that’s why I always tell people to avoid them as much as they can, but just as you’ve said, for those who are unable to completely stay clear, it’s advisable to allocate just 10% of your Portfolio or even less, so when you get burned out, you wouldn’t feel the impact of the losses.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice   Mines  ◥ Plinko   Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
[/quote]
Code:
[center][color=#2c6][color=#82c]█████[/color][color=#122]████[/color]███[color=#122]██[/color][color=#82c]█[/color]     [font=arial black][b][color=#122]D u e l b i t s[/font]  [font=Arial]ORIGINALS[/font]    [color=#82c]►►►  [color=#122]PLAY[/color] [font=Arial black][color=#122]KENO[/font] [NEW][/color]     █[color=#82c]██[/color]███[color=#122]████[/color]█████[/color]
[color=#2c6]◥ [color=#122]Dice[/color]  [color=#122]◥[/color] [color=#2c6]Mines[/color]  ◥ [color=#122]Plinko[/color]  [color=#122]◥[/color] [color=#2c6]Duel Poker[/color]  ◥ [color=#122]Dice Duels[/color]
[color=#122]█████[color=#2c6]████[/color][color=#82c]███[/color][color=#2c6]██[/color]█     [font=Arial black][color=#2c6]10,000x[/font] [color=#122]MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO[font=Arial black][color=#2c6]50%[/font] [color=#122]REWARDS[/color]     [color=#122]█[color=#2c6]██[/color][color=#82c]███████[/color]█████[/color][/center]
Wind_FURY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1914

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 09:00:02 AM

Let’s be clear....we’re in the Bitcoin thread, and our focus should be on Bitcoin. We use the term "Bitcoin enthusiast," not "crypto enthusiast" or any other label. Bitcoin is the only coin that stands strong for long-term investment. You can’t go wrong when you buy the dip and HODL....or even if you don’t wait for the dip....because Bitcoin will eventually rise over time. That’s its trend, and it’s almost its nature when you closely follow its movement.

When you say HODL, it’s about Bitcoin. Don’t be fooled by scammers trying to promote their altcoins, stealing the word "HODL," because those are purely scams.

🤔

I never thought about that.

Did the phrase "To the moon" and other such phrases also originate in the Bitcoin community? Because if it did, all of them shitcoin "communities" merely copied their culture from the Bitcoin community. Especially when shitcoin "HODLers" behave like a big crash on their "asset" does't affect them. Perhaps they haven't discovered the fact that it's Bitcoin's network effects, true HODLer mentality, and the fact that it's NOT a scam that's making its price come back to previously high levels AND then surges over it in EVERY cycle.
Yeah dude, "To the moon" was first heard during the 2017 bull run. While no one can confirm if it actually started in the forum, let’s just assume it did since Bitcointalk is the most popular Bitcoin forum worldwide.

As for "HODL," it was posted by this guy GameKyuubi back in December 2013. I was surprised to find out that he was still active as of July 30, 2024, even though his last post was way back on January 10, 2020.

That's historic topic that should probably be unlocked, pinned, and with merely a selected set of BitcoinTalk users allowed to post in it. Cool

Furthermore, for those who are STILL BEARISH,

- U.S. Rate Cuts
- China  Rate Cuts
- It's October, the month that's starting Q4, 2024

Research Bitcoin's market performance in every Q4 of a halving year.

👀

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Ricardo11

Activity: 518
Merit: 216

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2024, 09:16:04 AM

If you have been making money from shitcoins previously, don’t be surprised that you will end up losing everything you have made one day.
Sure.  The truth with any trading and/or gambling and/or getting involved in shitcoins, if you do not lose your money right away, then the longer that you are involved in it, then you run chances of losing your stash and/or failing to benefit as well as you could have had benefitted by just investing into bitcoin.  Even bitcoin is not guaranteed, yet if you involve yourself with trading bitcoin or even shitcoins, you are just adding levels of risk, that may well take a lot of extra risk or even require some luck in order to merely perform as well as a strategy that involves focusing on accumulating bitcoin through buying only techniques... No need to sell or trade your bitcoin if your goal happens to be to accumulate bitcoin, and one of the most assured ways to accumulate more bitcoin is by continuously, peristently and consistently buying bitcoin, which does not require trading, selling or even the employment of more advanced (and/or complicated) financial instruments.
I totally agree with you, investing money in these sectors without knowing anything and without long term planning can be dangerous, when we invest in something, if we don't have common knowledge about it, that investment will lead us to more losses. I think the safest long-term holding strategy would be to attract yourself to Bitcoin by consistently making Regularly monthly/weekly small investments (Invest the amount you can afford to lose), rather than involving yourself in gambling and/or bitcoin trading. A successful investor and risk free long time holding should keep himself away from trading and sheet coins, and focus only on accumulating bitcoins. A proper succession planning should be done and continuous holding and continuous investment through DCA should be done. Short-term highs and lows in Bitcoin may not have much of a negative impact on an investor's investment and holdings if he continues to invest following the DCA strategy. So long term investment in DCA method of Bitcoin creates a safe profit potential.

freedomgo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1159

Fully Regulated Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 09:42:38 AM

Research Bitcoin's market performance in every Q4 of a halving year. 👀
Actually, there's no need to research this....we've been in the Bitcoin world for a while and can see that bull runs usually happen in the last quarter of the year, as long as the market is bullish. So I wouldn't be surprised if Bitcoin gets super bullish in the last quarter (it's already starting). That $100k target is very feasible, and it could even go way higher than that. You never know, as prices tend to go wild during bull runs.

MainIbem

Activity: 1484
Merit: 437

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2024, 10:40:12 AM

Actually, there's no need to research this....we've been in the Bitcoin world for a while and can see that bull runs usually happen in the last quarter of the year, as long as the market is bullish. So I wouldn't be surprised if Bitcoin gets super bullish in the last quarter (it's already starting). That $100k target is very feasible, and it could even go way higher than that. You never know, as prices tend to go wild during bull runs.

Yeah an experienced investor, should already know that the 4th quarter of the halving year tends to be bullish, it's something that has reoccurred in the previous circles so I don't think such investor is expected to research on what they're already aware of, maybe he was referring to Newbies who got zero knowledge about Bitcoin halving and are still waiting for the dip to occur before they start accumulating. Talking about that, it's surprising to know that some people are still bothered about the volatility of Bitcoin and that's why they're yet to make an entry cause they feel the price is too high. Well, it would be fair enough if they got zero knowledge concerning Bitcoin investment but you'll be more suprised to know that their are people who wait for the dip to buy and take profits shortly when it goes up again, those are not disciplined investors cause they lack patience. This might not be the subject matter but I want to explain how investors should operate when hoarding their portfolio, I think investors should act like a Predator trying to bring down it's prey, those who are frequent with Nat Geo Wild should've observed that predators don't just rush on their preys, they pick a target, strategise, sometimes move slow but steady to avoid being detected then strike, most of the time you'll watch them patiently observing the prey to attack that's what every investor should emulate, first you need to be patient since you're thinking long-term, then strategies, set goals and employ a good method (DCA) that would help you achieve your goal of long-term investment. Everyone's anticipating the 100k target in the next bullish season but all investors needs to be very ready for the possible new ATH and beyond therefore buying more Bitcoin at this point and observing the concepts of Bitcoin investments should be the main subject matter.

▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀███▀▀███▀██████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████▄▄▄███▄▄▄█████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░███▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
███████░░░░░███░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▀███▀░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
▀█████████▄▄░░░░▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████████████████▀▀

GAMEGRAM

100%
DEPOSIT
BONUS
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

CASINO

PVP
30% Cashback
──  WAGER FREE  ──
██░░████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██░░████

PLAY NOW!
████░░██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████░░██
Obim34

Activity: 378
Merit: 284

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2024, 11:29:10 AM

Research Bitcoin's market performance in every Q4 of a halving year.

👀
Historically, according to the research, there has been a better performance of Bitcoin during the Q4 of every halving year and predictions can still be based on this same factor to happen once again.

During the 2012 halving, in the Q4 of November Bitcoin rose from $12 up to $13.5 by December, the difference really looked small as of now but back it was quite a significant price movement considering it created an ATH to close the year off.

The second halving took place in 2016 around the month of July, instead the price went down hill until the month of October when Bitcoin began to increase in price value getting a close for the year at $900+ ($1000).

Third halving also took place, the 2020 period was a bit different because it always close in every month with a high than the previous month, the year closed around $19k+ ($20,000) price mark.

The fourth Bitcoin halving as of this year, happened and since then it has been very rough with the way the price flowed, if we have to stick with these historical stats surrounding every halving year, then likely we are to get our ATH by the end of year.

Duelbits
█▀▀

█▄▄

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀
███
▀▀▀

███
▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
KENONEW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
10,000x

MULTIPLIER

NEARLY
UP TO
50%
REWARDS
Samlucky O

Activity: 420
Merit: 311

The great city of God 🔥

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2024, 12:54:34 PM

This is basically the best advice to those newbies or investors feeling that diversification to other shitcoins simply because of the hype that backs up the project. Shitcoin investments are literally one of the most dangerous and risky was to gamble your money, but for those who may not be able to resist the temptation and hype and due to FOMO wishes to give it a try, it’s important to play safe while at it, so you don’t jeopardize and endanger your Portfolio, so sticking to Bitcoin and limiting your involvement in these shitty projects is basically the best way to keep your Bitcoin portfolio safe from crashing.
Well anyone that decides to invest in shitcoin is surely gambling at his own rist and will definitely incure the raught of rug pull. I believe that "keeping your bitcoin portfolio safe from crashing" you mean is by not selling our bitcoin to buy shitcoin and lose it down the road, yeah that's true there is no point of using our fund in bitcoin to gamble with shitcoin when we haven't accumulated the desired amount of our choice. and surely this reason has made many newbies lost some reasonable fund forever. I think most time bad things happen for a reason and that reason is to learn, most people need to learn things the hard way too. If newbies don't learn their lessons from losing their fund they wont take accumulation process seriously. I believe the reason most of us here have stick to HODLing is because we learnt our lessons the hard way. even if it will be given a try to gamble with our fund it will be %5-10 of the profit generated from bitcoin profit as said by JJG, and its not even the beginning but after you might have accumulated for a long period of 15 -20years depending on the duration you might have met your target.

Shitcoins mostly survive on hype, and if this hype is take away, you’ll see that there isn’t the tiniest bit of substance in them, just promises surrounded by hypes, and it’s pretty easy fr anyone to get caught up in this hype that surrounds this projects

That is the nature of every shitcoin. That is why it's often described as pump and dump, JJ call it "affinity scam" they are like green algae that grows on the lake, that makes you feel like it's a green field to walk on, not knowing it's a grass that grow on the top of the water which if you eventually step on it you get drawn. That is just the perfect explanation of it (trap end)

███████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀█████████
███▄▀▀▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄   ▀▀▀▄███
███████▀▀▀████▌ ▐████▀▀▀███████
█████▀███▀█▀██▌ ▐██▀█▀███▀█████
███████▀▄▀▄███▌ ▐███▄▀▄▀███████
█████▄██▄██▄██   ██▄██▄██▄█████
███████▄▄▄████   ████▄▄▄███████
██████████▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████
███████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TRUST DICE
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
#1 RATED CRYPTO
CASINO IN THE WORLD
██ ██ ██ ██ █Trustpilot
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄█████████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀█████▀▀████
█████████████████▀█████████▀███
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████▄███
█████████████████████████▄▄████
█████████████░░░███████████████
███████████░░░█████████████████
█████████░░████████████████████
█████░░░██████████████████████
███░░█████████████████████████
▀░░░█████████████████████████▀
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
EarnOnVictor

Activity: 812
Merit: 636

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 01:36:01 PM

It seems to me that part of EarnOnVictor's problem is that he is spouting out that there is supposedly some better strategy than DCA, but he does not really particularize such strategy in a replicable way including figuring out how to show normies how to follow such a supposed superior strategy in terms of acquiring and/or maintaining their BTC position.
You are actually misrepresenting the fact once again, as usual, perhaps you are trying to deviate from the major. DCA is a very good investment strategy and no one is comparing strategies here, I don't do that, get this straight. I rather vary my preferred strategies based on the market conditions, DCA is just one, we have enough of them but I don't know why that is difficult for you other than your own belief of HODLing alone and using the DCA approach for it. So static! It mustn't be them for everyone, it's your choice.

If you must know, I HODL and DCA, so you don't teach me what I know. But what you don't know or do not want to agree to is for one to be a smart investor, it's just your HODL and DCA, you even do it with disregard to other factors that can better maximize your earnings or preserve your portfolio better. You are lucky Bitcoin is a good asset, other markets would have punished you for it.

Whether I HODL or DCA, my investment chart must approve it, I don't do anything blindly, it doesn't matter the years I leave it running but the striking price must be reasonable with a reasonable market condition. This has been my guide ever since, for instance, why should I DCA when I see a potential price reversal? For what reason should I enter fire when I know it is going to rain fire? Why not be patient for the reverse to happen before applying the DCA at a better price? Investing is not by force and I don't know why safe investing is difficult for you to acknowledge. Investing is more detailed than all these things you guys read and watch online, try to do some practical studies yourself by using what you learned as the fundamentals.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
EclipseXcrypto

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 01:41:18 PM

But Bitcoin is such a situation that the fear of losing money is close to zero, if he is ready to hold it for a long time then surely Perth will benefit several times. But generally we need to know our Bitcoin buying strategies which we call as DCA method, you can definitely be successful if you buy investment regularly. And if you can buy bitcoins in the deep market it will be possible to hold more.
If you are adopting DCA in investment then why mention dip season. The Dollar Cost Averaging method is where you purchase bitcoins for investment purposes on a weekly, monthly or quarterly basis. My only point of mentioning this is that since you are buying bitcoins for investment with a certain amount of money over a period of time then why should you wait for the dip season.
He is waiting for the dip season, and for this, he is more reasonable. The DCA strategy might have been overhyped by many of you, but it also has its downside, and if waiting for the market to dip before he applies it to maximise his profits, why not?

A clear explanation goes for those who were overbearing by Bitcoin as far back as 2021, they bought the coin at $68,000 in the name of having believed in Bitcoin and DCA strategy is supreme, can they still be in profits after over 3 years (in 2024) judging by the current price of Bitcoin? The answer is a capital NO. This is why we should rather be reasonable than be brainwashed by a certain strategy. No doubt, the DCA strategy is a very good one, still, the right applications matter depending on the market condition and not just buying and buying even as the market is clearly at an overbought region.

Any reasonable and experienced investor must consider other factors like that for him to know when is the best price to strike the market. Above all, the price you buy matters regardless of whether you DCA or not, which is what @As-Soon-As was trying to explain because you will gain more and be even safer buying the dip than buying at the peak. Who does that in the history of investing except such a person is inexperienced?

Criticising DCA as overhyped means you don't fully grasp the effectiveness of the strategy regardless of market conditions. DCA strategy is a wise move for those who prefer not to wait for bearish market before investing. Many investors are leaning towards using DCA strategy  in Bitcoin because it offers a way to invest consistently without timing the market, and it also helps one not to make poor decisions due short-term fluctuations. By consistently investing a portion of your income/ earnings through DCA, you avoid the the risk of using those funds for other purposes while waiting for  a bearish market. The  strategy is helps you to stay disciplined and committed to your investment ensuring that you build your bitcoin holding overtime  without the temptation of to spend the money elsewhere.

The fundamentals of bitcoin as an assets and the growth potentials overtime is the  reason for long-term investment. Those who bought bitcoin in 2021 at 68k, while the initial investment may have been made high  price, the long-term outlook for bitcoins value and adoption  could still offer the potential for profit in the future. Staying committed and having faith in the long term growth of bitcoin
Jewan420

Activity: 210
Merit: 116

Patience and hard work are the keys to success.

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2024, 04:38:25 PM

Criticising DCA as overhyped means you don't fully grasp the effectiveness of the strategy regardless of market conditions. DCA strategy is a wise move for those who prefer not to wait for bearish market before investing. Many investors are leaning towards using DCA strategy  in Bitcoin because it offers a way to invest consistently without timing the market, and it also helps one not to make poor decisions due short-term fluctuations. By consistently investing a portion of your income/ earnings through DCA, you avoid the the risk of using those funds for other purposes while waiting for  a bearish market. The  strategy is helps you to stay disciplined and committed to your investment ensuring that you build your bitcoin holding overtime  without the temptation of to spend the money elsewhere.

The fundamentals of bitcoin as an assets and the growth potentials overtime is the  reason for long-term investment. Those who bought bitcoin in 2021 at 68k, while the initial investment may have been made high  price, the long-term outlook for bitcoins value and adoption  could still offer the potential for profit in the future. Staying committed and having faith in the long term growth of bitcoin

I think more knowledge about DCA is needed. The main objective of DCA is to increase the probability of profit by reducing the probability of loss. As the Bitcoin market is volatile, there is a possibility of loss, often a long-term investment. As you mentioned in 2021 when bitcoin was $68k if a person suddenly bought 1 bitcoin, 4 years later he would still be at a loss. Because Bitcoin's current price is $65+ which is $3k less than $68. If that same person were to buy 1 bitcoin using the DCA method, the average price would be approximately $50k. That is, today he would have made a profit of approximately $15 instead of his loss.

Such examples are given only to illustrate the point of convenience. My personal advice would be to plan for the longer term with Bitcoin. Maybe 12 years or more. One more tip I would give you is to start an investment fund from the beginning of your career till the end which will be part of your retirement plan. Its tenure may be 25 years or 30 years or more.

████████████████████                                                    OrangeFren.com                                                ████████████████████
instant KYC-free exchange comparison
████████████████████     Clearnet and onion available #kycfree + (prepaid Visa & Mastercard)     ████████████████████
Tungbulu

Activity: 182
Merit: 131

RATING:⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 04:45:37 PM

Well anyone that decides to invest in shitcoin is surely gambling at his own rist and will definitely incure the raught of rug pull. I believe that "keeping your bitcoin portfolio safe from crashing"you mean is by not selling our bitcoin to buy shitcoin and lose it down the road, yeah that's true there is no point of using our fund in bitcoin to gamble with shitcoin when we haven't accumulated the desired amount of our choice. and surely this reason has made many newbies lost some reasonable fund forever. I think most time bad things happen for a reason and that reason is to learn, most people need to learn things the hard way too. If newbies don't learn their lessons from losing their fund they wont take accumulation process seriously. I believe the reason most of us here have stick to HODLing is because we learnt our lessons the hard way. even if it will be given a try to gamble with our fund it will be %5-10 of the profit generated from bitcoin profit as said by JJG, and its not even the beginning but after you might have accumulated for a long period of 15 -20years depending on the duration you might have met your target.

All you’ve said is correct, but for me, I still don’t think it’s advisable to consider going into shitcoin investments, even after reaching your target in your Bitcoin accumulation as you pointed out twice. In my opinion, there’s never an appropriate time to invest in shitcoins, and definitely not with whatever profit you’re able to make with your Bitcoin accumulation. If you’ve reached your Bitcoin accumulation target or the “Fuck you” status and feel the need to diversify, I’m sure there are way more preferable options to consider than to go for shitcoins.

That is the nature of every shitcoin. That is why it's often described as pump and dump, JJ call it "affinity scam" they are like green algae that grows on the lake, that makes you feel like it's a green field to walk on, not knowing it's a grass that grow on the top of the water which if you eventually step on it you get drawn. That is just the perfect explanation of it (trap end)
Indeed, this is just the perfect vivid explanation of how shitcoin projects works and how hypes drives the market towards making people believe there’s an actual substance in the project, and when they delve in due to FOMO, they end up holding the bag after the project has been dumped by the devs, who happens to be the only ones that actually benefits from the project, well not just them, because the early investors and those social media influencers who promotes these projects often gets a share of the cake right before it’s dumped. And those who come in later are the unfortunate ones who end up holding the bag and sinking into the deep water.

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice   Mines  ◥ Plinko   Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
[/quote]
Code:
[center][color=#2c6][color=#82c]█████[/color][color=#122]████[/color]███[color=#122]██[/color][color=#82c]█[/color]     [font=arial black][b][color=#122]D u e l b i t s[/font]  [font=Arial]ORIGINALS[/font]    [color=#82c]►►►  [color=#122]PLAY[/color] [font=Arial black][color=#122]KENO[/font] [NEW][/color]     █[color=#82c]██[/color]███[color=#122]████[/color]█████[/color]
[color=#2c6]◥ [color=#122]Dice[/color]  [color=#122]◥[/color] [color=#2c6]Mines[/color]  ◥ [color=#122]Plinko[/color]  [color=#122]◥[/color] [color=#2c6]Duel Poker[/color]  ◥ [color=#122]Dice Duels[/color]
[color=#122]█████[color=#2c6]████[/color][color=#82c]███[/color][color=#2c6]██[/color]█     [font=Arial black][color=#2c6]10,000x[/font] [color=#122]MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO[font=Arial black][color=#2c6]50%[/font] [color=#122]REWARDS[/color]     [color=#122]█[color=#2c6]██[/color][color=#82c]███████[/color]█████[/color][/center]
Salahmu

Activity: 546
Merit: 396

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2024, 04:59:09 PM
Merited by Marvelockg (2), JayJuanGee (1)

You are actually misrepresenting the fact once again, as usual, perhaps you are trying to deviate from the major. DCA is a very good investment strategy and no one is comparing strategies here, I don't do that, get this straight. I rather vary my preferred strategies based on the market conditions, DCA is just one, we have enough of them but I don't know why that is difficult for you other than your own belief of HODLing alone and using the DCA approach for it. So static! It mustn't be them for everyone, it's your choice.

To be frank with you JayJuanGee has always been right because since I have been going through reading every bit of how this discussion started he has not deviated in anyway and secondly in as much as he always acknowledge the importance and the need for us to use DCA doesn't mean that the only strategy he recognized is DCA because he has already stated it before that there are also other strategies that's very good which is the Lump Sum and Buying at Dip, so on the contrary I think you are actually the one misrepresenting the whole of the investment ideas.

If you must know, I HODL and DCA, so you don't teach me what I know. But what you don't know or do not want to agree to is for one to be a smart investor, it's just your HODL and DCA, you even do it with disregard to other factors that can better maximize your earnings or preserve your portfolio better. You are lucky Bitcoin is a good asset, other markets would have punished you for it.

This is actually one of the reasons why I think that you are  misunderstanding JayJuanGee because when you talk about how he disregard other factors that can better maximize there investment, you have actually forgotten that Buying at dip is one of the strategy he mentioned that can also work on that regards, so if perhaps while DCAing and there was a possible dip on Bitcoin price there is nothing holding you from buying the dip to speeding up your process of getting to the "Fuck you status" while your DCA keep going, so actually he is not saying that you shouldn't make use of buying the dip whenever the opportunity comes, so you really need to understand the point he is actually making, however I'm surprised you mentioned that you also HODL using DCA strategy because obviously you don't sound like one because you should have understand the harm those strategies you talked about will have on people.

▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
▄███████▀███▀▀███▀██████▄
██████████▄▄▄███▄▄▄█████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░███▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
███████░░░░░███░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░▀███▀░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
▀█████████▄▄░░░░▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████████████████▀▀

GAMEGRAM

100%
DEPOSIT
BONUS
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

CASINO

PVP
30% Cashback
──  WAGER FREE  ──
██░░████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██░░████

PLAY NOW!
████░░██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████░░██
Ruttoshi

Activity: 462
Merit: 377

Baba God Noni

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 06:18:26 PM

Criticising DCA as overhyped means you don't fully grasp the effectiveness of the strategy regardless of market conditions. DCA strategy is a wise move for those who prefer not to wait for bearish market before investing. Many investors are leaning towards using DCA strategy  in Bitcoin because it offers a way to invest consistently without timing the market, and it also helps one not to make poor decisions due short-term fluctuations. By consistently investing a portion of your income/ earnings through DCA, you avoid the the risk of using those funds for other purposes while waiting for  a bearish market. The  strategy is helps you to stay disciplined and committed to your investment ensuring that you build your bitcoin holding overtime  without the temptation of to spend the money elsewhere.

The fundamentals of bitcoin as an assets and the growth potentials overtime is the  reason for long-term investment. Those who bought bitcoin in 2021 at 68k, while the initial investment may have been made high  price, the long-term outlook for bitcoins value and adoption  could still offer the potential for profit in the future. Staying committed and having faith in the long term growth of bitcoin

I think more knowledge about DCA is needed. The main objective of DCA is to increase the probability of profit by reducing the probability of loss. As the Bitcoin market is volatile, there is a possibility of loss, often a long-term investment. As you mentioned in 2021 when bitcoin was $68k if a person suddenly bought 1 bitcoin, 4 years later he would still be at a loss. Because Bitcoin's current price is $65+ which is $3k less than $68. If that same person were to buy 1 bitcoin using the DCA method, the average price would be approximately $50k. That is, today he would have made a profit of approximately $15 instead of his loss.

Such examples are given only to illustrate the point of convenience. My personal advice would be to plan for the longer term with Bitcoin. Maybe 12 years or more. One more tip I would give you is to start an investment fund from the beginning of your career till the end which will be part of your retirement plan. Its tenure may be 25 years or 30 years or more.
I think that the main purpose of DCA is to enable you increase and build your bitcoin investment gradually overtime without stressing yourself or feeling as if you are investing because you are using only your discretionary income to invest in bitcoin every week no matter how little the amount is.

DCA will enable you accumulate a good size of bitcoin portfolio overtime which you would have not been able to accumulate if you were to go all in once if you keep your bitcoin accumulation ongoing with consistent and persistent over time. There is power in little gathering because it keeps on piling up.

I think Hodli is what limit the risk of you running at loss because when you hodli for a long period of time, the price of bitcoin will be higher compared to how much that you bought way back. However, I understand what you mean that DCA helps you buy more bitcoin and reduces your price per bitcoin than who used only lump sum strategy to acquire his bitcoin.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 06:43:44 PM

[edited out]
[/b]
.............even if it will be given a try to gamble with our fund it will be %5-10 of the profit generated from bitcoin profit as said by JJG, ........

I would not want to overly complicate any formula, including that I would not proclaim that your BTC has to be in profits before you might want to allocate up to 10% of your bitcoin holdings into trading, shitcoins and/or gambling.  People have choices, including choices to gamble and get into shitcoins, and surely many of us in this thread and many of us who are focusing on bitcoin suggest that people should not get into shitcoins at all, and they should focus on bitcoin first, yet there are people who cannot resist the temptation to gamble, trade and/or get into shitcoins, and if they could at least limit the amount that they put into shitcoins to be less than 10% of the size of their bitcoin holdings and/or less than 10% of the amount that they might be regularly DCAing into bitcoin... So if they have a budget to be able to DCA $100 per week into bitcoin, then they could put $10 of that into shitcoins/gambling and/or trading... and hopefully also they are not trading.  If their shitcoins/gambling and/or trading is not profitable, they are not coming back to BTC to withdraw another 10%.. They are then stuck with the 10% of the BTC DCA amount each pay period or however, it is that they are employing their DCA payments.

Whether a portfolio is profit or not remains another question that each person would have to figure out how to deal with which portions of their portfolio is profitable and which one is not, and sure maybe both portions are profitable just at differing amounts.  They would have to figure out how to deal with those kinds of matters while still limiting the amounts that they would be taking from their BTC to place into trading/gambling/shitcoining portions of their account.. keeping track of the matters. 

Of course, the focus of the discussion of this thread is how to deal with the bitcoin investment portion, so hopefully folks are not getting too distracted away from whatever time, energy and value they are putting into their bitcoin investment, and surely some folks will get bored with their bitcoin investment, since once they have their cashflow management in place, then they might merely be DCA investing into bitcoin for several years with some (or perhaps a lot of) variation in the BTC price yet perhaps a sort of consistent plan that might contribute towards them being bored with it... which sure might be another attribute that attracts someone over to wanting to trade/gamble and/or to get involved in shitcoins, even if 90% of their value and efforts should still be focused on BTC.. yet some folks cannot resist, so the best suggestion that any of us can make is to limit their exposure to no more than 10% of their time, energies and value.. and people have to figure it out for themselves whether to follow such limitations or to go on their own path and figure out their own ideas of whatever limitations that they believe that they might be able to employ within the boundaries that they had determined to be acceptable.

You are actually misrepresenting the fact once again, as usual, perhaps you are trying to deviate from the major.

Instead of whining, then maybe you should attempt to explain what it is that you are talking about so that some of us might be able to understand MOAR better.  I have no intention to misrepresent your ongoing seemingly wanna be smarter than everyone else nonsensical proclamations.

DCA is a very good investment strategy and no one is comparing strategies here, I don't do that, get this straight. I rather vary my preferred strategies based on the market conditions, DCA is just one, we have enough of them but I don't know why that is difficult for you other than your own belief of HODLing alone and using the DCA approach for it. So static! It mustn't be them for everyone, it's your choice.

More gobbledy-gook from you in that you are not comparing strategies, even though you are saying the DCA is not sufficient because it is too static blah blah blah.. so you supposedly have something that is better and more moving and trying to time the market, yet you fail/refuse to give specifics about how that is going to consistently return better results than something like DCA that is more tailored to the person's budget rather than tailoring to trying to figure out what the fuck BTC prices might or might not do.   

If you must know, I HODL and DCA, so you don't teach me what I know.

Good for you, and who is trying to teach you?  not this here cat.  You can do what you like, which you seem to be doing even before I mentioned it.

But what you don't know or do not want to agree to is for one to be a smart investor, it's just your HODL and DCA, you even do it with disregard to other factors that can better maximize your earnings or preserve your portfolio better. You are lucky Bitcoin is a good asset, other markets would have punished you for it.

We are investing in bitcoin here, and so that is what we are talking about, and yes, bitcoin is a good asset since it tends to go up, and people do not get punished as long as they continue to buy and hold and don't be fucking around with selling until perhaps after they have reached an overaccumulation status, which surely could take a couple of cycles, unless some of the guys might have been able to front load due to some other investments they are able to move into bitcoin in the beginning of their investment into it. 

The ones who have tended to get punished in bitcoin are the traders and/or the ones getting distracted into shitcoins (and/or not knowing the difference between bitcoin and shitcoins).. also if they sometimes consider that trading is going to help them, then  they tend to get punished by engaging in those kinds of behaviors. 

Since we are dealing with bitcoin, one of the better things is to understand bitcoin, and therefore invest accordingly, which is that those who have been consistently, persistently and ongoingly accumulating BTC have been rewarded rather than punished... as long as their investment timeline is 4-10 years or longer, and there is no reason to speculate a need to change bitcoin investment strategies from here on out.

Whether I HODL or DCA, my investment chart must approve it, I don't do anything blindly, it doesn't matter the years I leave it running but the striking price must be reasonable with a reasonable market condition. This has been my guide ever since, for instance, why should I DCA when I see a potential price reversal?

You should not buy if you believe that the BTC price is going down, yet most people don't know, so it is likely better to just continue buying and not try to be a BTC price prediction guru.. because frequently even if normies start to believe the BTC price is going to go down, the BTC price does not always go as anticipated, and they might have ended up fucking around waiting rather than buying.

Sure, once they get a larger stash of bitcoin, they might start to have the luxury of waiting rather than buying all of the time.

In the very beginning it is way better for the normie newbies to just be buying BTC blindly and to get their stash up to a certain size.

And, by the way, this thread is not about you, you egotistical twat.

Just because you are able to figure out BTC price moves and you happen to know everything about if the BTC price might reverse, that surely does not mean that normie newbies are ready, willing and/or able to even try to figure out short-to-medium BTC price moves.

For what reason should I enter fire when I know it is going to rain fire?

You shouldn't.

Why not be patient for the reverse to happen before applying the DCA at a better price?

Because generally normie newbies (and especially no coiners or low coiners) don't know which way the BTC price is going to go, even when they think that they know. So amongst the best of things for normie newbies to do is to just buy regularly, consistently and persistently... especially if they are in their earliest years of building their BTC stash.. perhaps their first cycle or two.

Investing is not by force and I don't know why safe investing is difficult for you to acknowledge.

Investing may well be by establishing good habits, which is getting started rather than sitting around waiting, and also buying BTC regularly, whether it is DCA and/or through lump sum and/or buying on dips... but DCA is the best for most people, yet they surely can tailor their BTC accumulation approach to their circumstances and/or even considering specifically their 9 factors, which also might also might end up including buying/accumulating BTC through lump sum and buying on dips.

Investing is more detailed than all these things you guys read and watch online, try to do some practical studies yourself by using what you learned as the fundamentals.

I already considered a lot of matters related to BTC fundamentals, and I did most of my accumulating in my first 2-3 years in bitcoin, yet I had also been changing my approach in terms of maintenance and even liquidation and/or withdrawal, and I am open to learning other techniques that might work in these various stages of BTC management, yet if we are talking about normie newbies, they are probably going to be best served by both getting started as soon as possible and without delay and perhaps starting out their BTC accumulation journey with DCA buying into BTC while they are getting their cash flow situation in order and then perhaps also consider their various 9 factors too so that they might also consider the extent to which they might want to employ lump sum and/or buying on the dip.  I am glad that you got your personal factors figured out.

[edited out]

Of course, EarnOnVictor's selective choice of buying at the top in 2021 is an example that is full of shit, and several members already discussed that the ongoing of BTC from 2021 would have brought the average BTC cost down to right around half the buying at the top price.   In other words, EarnOnVictor seems to be creating a strawman argument with that out-of-touch example.

[edited out]
I think more knowledge about DCA is needed. The main objective of DCA is to increase the probability of profit by reducing the probability of loss.

Sure some considerations of the fundamental value of the asset (in this case bitcoin) is helpful to the choice to invest into it long term, yet at the same time, it seems to me that DCA allows a person to adapt the amount of the investment to his budget, so sure there is an assumption of long term profits that may or may not play out, yet DCA does not really change whether an investment is profitable as much as it allows for tailoring of the investment amount to the discretionary income of the person employing it.

In the long run, surely the amount invested would reflect the average price over the years of the asset (in this case bitcoin) so the DCA approach becomes more profitable once the asset goes up in price, so even if some units had been purchased higher and other units lower, the average purchase price is likely in the middle of all of that, and so if later on BTC prices go up, then profits from all of the previous purchases would end up going up, so even if each new unit will then cost more to purchase, the overall value of the overall BTC portfolio would end up being greater so long as the price trajectory of the asset is upward with the passage of time.

Of course, many of us consider that the fundamentals of BTC contribute towards it being likely to go up in price with the passage of time, even though we surely cannot know how much it will go up and we also should know that it is not guaranteed to go up.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
tiCeR

Activity: 1862
Merit: 813

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 07:21:52 PM

I would not want to overly complicate any formula, including that I would not proclaim that your BTC has to be in profits before you might want to allocate up to 10% of your bitcoin holdings into trading, shitcoins and/or gambling.  People have choices, including choices to gamble and get into shitcoins, and surely many of us in this thread and many of us who are focusing on bitcoin suggest that people should not get into shitcoins at all, and they should focus on bitcoin first, yet there are people who cannot resist the temptation to gamble, trade and/or get into shitcoins, and if they could at least limit the amount that they put into shitcoins to be less than 10% of the size of their bitcoin holdings and/or less than 10% of the amount that they might be regularly DCAing into bitcoin... So if they have a budget to be able to DCA $100 per week into bitcoin, then they could put $10 of that into shitcoins/gambling and/or trading... and hopefully also they are not trading.  If their shitcoins/gambling and/or trading is not profitable, they are not coming back to BTC to withdraw another 10%.. They are then stuck with the 10% of the BTC DCA amount each pay period or however, it is that they are employing their DCA payments.

I agree that shit are shit coins, but there are shittier coins and nightmare shitty coins. The worst you can do is to put money into these coins that are pretty dead already, have low liquidity and you do it because you hope that for some stupid reason these things make a dead cat bounce. From my experience what it does is in case it works once, it motivates people to do it again and they do it for so long that do get stuck because they exaggerate it.

Best case is no money flows into shit coins at all. I have often times realized that so many of these shit coins advertise their low fee transactions,  but the only reason those fees are sometimes lower is that nobody really wants to use those coins. TRX is an example.

Now I can't recall whetheryou have said this before @JayJuanGee, but are there coins that you would not necessarily put on the shit coin list other than bitcoin?

I do not invest in any other coins, but I have had occasions in the past where using one of those coins as an intermediary did make sense or was necessary. For instance, paying for a VPN service or something like this can sometimes be cheaper/easier if you use a shit coin.

Several years ago I still enjoyed researching other coins, but I stopped doing that almost entirely at some point as the chance of finding some good tech sadly was/is close to zero. At the end of the day all those developers try to set up an architecture that funnels money straight into their pockets.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 08:08:26 PM
Merited by tiCeR (1)

[edited out]
........Now I can't recall whetheryou have said this before @JayJuanGee, but are there coins that you would not necessarily put on the shit coin list other than bitcoin?

Don't get me wrong.  Even though I mentioned that it is acceptable for someone to invest up to 10% of the size of his BTC holdings into shitcoins/trading and/or gambling, I am not endorsing any of those activities or even proclaiming that any shitcoin is worthy of investment or that it is appropriate for this topic to get into any slippery slope topic in regards to which shitcoin is less shitty than some other shitcoin.  I think that if there are projects that attempt to link or build on bitcoin as second layers and they do not have their own token, then those probably would not be shitcoins, even though some of the projects that are built on bitcoin might well end up failing.  many times, we might ask a project that has a token that if they are intending to build on bitcoin, then why do they need their own token?  what is the purpose of the token?

I thought that I already tried to acknowledge that there are likely people who cannot resist to believe that they might be missing out on some kind of possible other gains (related to shitcoins) or that there might be some interesting "innovations" happening in regards to various shitcoins, so even though I am not recommending that anyone gets distracted in that direction, I am trying to suggest to attempt to limit their distraction to less than 10 % of their bitcoin investment. Surely the longer that someone is in bitcoin, understanding it and also understanding other projects, then of course, they will be free to come to their own determinations in regards to the extent to which they might conclude that there might be some value to invest time, energy and value into some shitcoin that they determine to have redemptive values.

Frequently, I think that it is preferable that we try to stick with various basic starting out principles in regards to the audience of this thread or any other forum thread, unless the thread happens to be some kind of a speciality thread.  So, there are so many forum members (and even people in the world) who happen to be no coiners or low coiners, and they are still in their earliest of stages of building their bitcoin investment portfolio, so I think that we should be attempting to address those kinds of audiences in these kind of general bitcoin threads or bitcoin investment threads.

I do hold some shitcoins, and they are around less than 0.5% (that is less than a whole percent) of my total BTC investment portfolio, and I don't hardly fuck around with any of them at all or even recommend any of them, since I likely just hold them for various reasons that might just relate to having some other transaction options, even though there are rarely opportunities to transact in any of them.. and sometimes if there is some trouble with one or another of them, then I am forced with trying to figure out what to do about the matter.. which probably takes more time than I would like to spend in relation to the matter.

So, yeah, it seems to me that if we are inclined to want to discuss any shitcoins or which ones we might be considered to be less shitty, then probably we should discuss in other forum threads, and it is pretty rare that you find me in any of the forum threads that are at least not somewhat related to bitcoin.

I do not invest in any other coins, but I have had occasions in the past where using one of those coins as an intermediary did make sense or was necessary. For instance, paying for a VPN service or something like this can sometimes be cheaper/easier if you use a shit coin.

I agree that there could be some practicality, which also might make it better to hold a bit of the shitcoin, even though there might not be any intention to store value in such shitcoin or to attempt to promote it... though if there might be a bit of an infrastructure around it or utility, then there could be some reason to hold some of it to the extent that you might not be able to just buy some of it for the purpose of doing the transaction.. but then sometimes there could be reasons to have had gotten it in advance.. and yet the times change too in terms of who might be transacting in what, and then questions of where to store them, whether on an exchange or in a private wallet, and some of the wallets that store shitcoins might increase attack vectors when they are starting to use shitcoins.. so I don't really claim to have any answers, yet I could imagine getting into situations in which transacting in one or another shitcoin might be more practical than transacting in bitcoin.

Several years ago I still enjoyed researching other coins, but I stopped doing that almost entirely at some point as the chance of finding some good tech sadly was/is close to zero. At the end of the day all those developers try to set up an architecture that funnels money straight into their pockets.

I agree with you that even seemingly good projects might end up having some of those kinds of various questionable designs or even questions in regards to premining and how staking works, and other kinds of obscurities that might question even something simple as the total supply of the coin... not that BTC is completely free from such issues when we have various second layers and businesses built on bitcoin that sometimes are dealing with fake coins and/or not allowing for the audit of their supply.. .which can cause questions in regards to their not having the coins they claim to have....so yeah the obscurity of the supply tends to be even worse with almost all shitcoins.

SuperBitMan

Activity: 70
Merit: 34

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 08:45:25 PM

If I had money for lump sum I would have prefer that to DCA strategy because I would just buy at once and forget about it just keep holding I think it would give me more relaxation, I won't be thinking about Accumulating this week or month, I won't be stressing my brain on the percentage or on when to be aggressive in Accumulation.
Some people with huge amount of money still prefer DCA strategy for me it all depends on what you feel will work for you.
I think it will be good will discuss about all strategy there advantage and disadvantage and let people make there own choice of the strategy they feel will be more better for them some newbies in this thread only know about DCA strategy and they feel other strategy are not good enough that's why people only talk about DCA strategy.

I_Anime

Activity: 518
Merit: 211

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 09:36:29 PM

Exactly, We can`t actually tell the price bitcoin going to end with in this bullrun, and this bullrun kinda unique compare to the previous , And  base on how things is going this bullish market will be one of the best so far because each day bitcoin is getting more adoption.

And the painful part is that alot of people that are going to miss such wonderful opportunity in bitcoin , Due to doubting and procrastinating. hope at the end we will be among those that is going to endup smiling after seeing bitcoin price surging   

██████████████     D u e l b i t s  ORIGINALS    ►►►  PLAY KENO [NEW]     ███████████████
Dice  Mines  ◥ Plinko  Duel Poker  ◥ Dice Duels
███████████████     10,000x MULTIPLIER  |  NEARLY UP TO50% REWARDS     ██████████████
ginsan

Activity: 1470
Merit: 659

View Profile
September 27, 2024, 09:36:32 PM

If I had money for lump sum I would have prefer that to DCA strategy because I would just buy at once and forget about it just keep holding I think it would give me more relaxation, I won't be thinking about Accumulating this week or month, I won't be stressing my brain on the percentage or on when to be aggressive in Accumulation.
Some people with huge amount of money still prefer DCA strategy for me it all depends on what you feel will work for you.
I think it will be good will discuss about all strategy there advantage and disadvantage and let people make there own choice of the strategy they feel will be more better for them some newbies in this thread only know about DCA strategy and they feel other strategy are not good enough that's why people only talk about DCA strategy.
I think it's better to divide it into several stages if you have $10k. Buy $3k with Lump sum and another $3k you can put at a low price and $4k you can apply with the DCA strategy.
Especially if you plan to invest for the long term, of course DCA is better to apply.
I think you don't understand how DCA works because if you have applied it, you probably won't turn to other strategies.
I have been running routine investments for almost 2 years, DCA has always been my mainstay and in fact it is quite comfortable for me.

If you are still in the early stages of Bitcoin accumulation, I suggest buying normally, I mean you don't need to move aggressively before you are really ready to do it. Buying aggressively is also supported by strong finances at that time and if you don't have an increase in income at that time, of course it is better to buy as usual like the previous stage accumulation, for example $20, of course you just continue each stage with $20.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 ... 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 [557] 558 »
  Print  

Jump to: