Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:54:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not use Coinbase  (Read 760 times)
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 04:15:03 PM

All, I repeat, all exchanges have Customer Service problems. All give as a first response something generic and standardized. This is not an indication that you should not use the services of this exchange. If so, you will never buy Bitcoins using an exchange.

Go to the OTC or P2P market.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitum

Activity: 1414
Merit: 271

bitonator.tangled.com/join

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 08:41:54 PM

I sometimes do not understand why so many people use this exchange, there are many better exchanges today. I think coinbase is the first exchange that publishes user data publicly, working closely with regulators. So get away from this exchange

Tangled Social Network Web 3.0 | Earning Millix (MLX): https://bitonator.tangled.com/join
Post & Earn (Posting, Likes, Comments etc.), Uncensored & Anonymous, Referral links allowed, Lightning-fast & hassle-free withdrawal in $MLX
CMC: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/millix/
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 09:56:11 PM

Do not use Coinbase! They have extremely poor service and will not support you if you ever encounter issues logging in. Instead, they will write a generic response to your ticket and immediately close it. If any major bank tried to pull this they would get buried in lawsuits.

Again, avoid this service at all costs. Forget their greedy 5% fees on deposits/withdrawals - it doesn't even matter if you can't get your BTC or USD back period. That's a 100% fee.
I'm using their wallet but not on buying on crypto that they do offer.About on your issue if they do close out your ticket without even tending to solve out
your issue then its too unprofessional but as I advice you should open another one and address it once again until they would take and resolve it.
Just give them sometime yet coinbase is being known on currently one of the biggest and reputable company as of this moment.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 10:27:57 PM

I guess everyone has its own opinion here. Others haven't had any problems, but majority are crying and bitching around.

I'd say to the OP that go and reach to them as early so that your problem will be resolved, no need to accused as there might be reasons on their end. If by any chance you get your money, then look for other exchanges more reputable like Binance, just saying.
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:39:25 PM

Do not use Coinbase! They have extremely poor service and will not support you if you ever encounter issues logging in. Instead, they will write a generic response to your ticket and immediately close it. If any major bank tried to pull this they would get buried in lawsuits.

Again, avoid this service at all costs. Forget their greedy 5% fees on deposits/withdrawals - it doesn't even matter if you can't get your BTC or USD back period. That's a 100% fee.

Can give proof or share sceen shot to prove your accusations for the very old pioneer exchange, most of the people knows the coinbase is repubtable exchange.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 11:44:05 PM

Is it really an issue or just an attack?

There are a lot of competition now and I do think this will just be normal.
I dont use Coinbase much but I know it is a big company you are messing with and cannot be brought down with a simple thread which you created.

Better ready your proofs if you want this to be successful.
Maybe we can help here if you will add those.
exchangestolemycoins (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:45:47 AM

Is two weeks patience enough? Hmm maybe I'm not a big enough "spender" with them so they just ignore me. It's like they sort their support tickets in descending dollar value of account balance. Glad I didn't put all my BTC there.

If you get a new phone number you practically lose your account since it takes 2FA to log in. They won't help you getting it back, just give you the "run around".

Classic crypto exchange service.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:58:05 AM

Coinbase is well known over crytocurrency users but they never had a good feedback that's why as much as possible they avoid using it unless necessary they have been like that ever since they've been recognized. To think that too many issues that never been solved yet they still continue what their currently doing, the reason is one of the main problem with cryto related is that there is few rules and regulation or policy and it only affects certain countries, so once you lost your coin it can never be retrieved no matter how much it cost.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Coin-Desk

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 06:02:36 AM

Why not use? Can you tell a specific reason? I've been using Coinbase for a long time but I have not seen any reason so far for which Coinbase has to stop using. Rather I'm satisfied with the Coinbase. Coinbase is reputed of this period and is a popular cryptocurrency exchange system. I have been using Coinbase from the very beginning and have not faced any problems so far. Why not use Coinbase to give all the information.

Thank You

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 09:00:07 AM

I have known this company for a long time and they have never disappointed me, I don’t know the issue you are having with them , but has not really affected majority of people, your experience with them might be a bitter one, but it is not enough to pull the crowd along in your decision.

What if it was just a simple technical issue, we don’t even have the details of your real challenge for us to follow your advice, the only challenge you have mentioned here is your mail not being attended to, maybe you should push a little further, Facebook once did something of such to me because of many client on queue for them to attend to, but I had to push a little bit more till the resolved my issue.

If I wasn’t patient then, I would have probably come on one of these threads to tarnish their image.
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:03:51 AM

I have use coinbase and I also have bitcoin there and all my transaction are smooth and fast. When I using it all the my transaction are good and there is no any error. maybe some of people have experience error in using it but for me this wallet is very good online wallet and they small transaction fee. Lastly, I will continue using it because all my funds are safe there and for you there are lot of wallet that can be use so its up to you what kind of wallet you prefer to use.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 11:11:05 AM

Is that happened to some people? I can't believe  this kind of bad news because as far as I know, coinbase is highly trustable company to store cryptoasset or to trade them. However, this kind of issue will give a bad impact on their platform and decrease their  reputations if many people report this and take legal action. Do you think this can be categorized as scam?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:04:31 PM

I sometimes do not understand why so many people use this exchange, there are many better exchanges today. I think coinbase is the first exchange that publishes user data publicly, working closely with regulators. So get away from this exchange
I think we have our preference and what I look for in an exchange maybe quite different from what you look for in one.  I don't think we can actually attend to theydemand of people concerned the need financial and what they really want from blockchain technology . I am in favour of regulations because it will bring sanity and truthfulness to blockchain technology.  Coinbase publication on they customer data is a good thing  to me.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 12:40:23 PM

Coinbase is one of the most used crypto exchange for fiat to crypto and vice versa transactions,if you want to accuse them give some examples or proofs why you are saying that they are providing poor performance or you will be just ignored like a troll.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
ExFrozze

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 01:06:29 PM

I have no problem regarding the exchange of coinbase, maybe you can write down your problem in detail by sending pictures or other evidence

bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:13:18 PM

Im using coinbase since last few years ago yes I experienced some problems but it is only minor but In still user of this wallet. So if you think it is not a good wallet don't use it is small problems people choice if they want to use coinbase or not no one can commane them except to their self.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:11:29 PM

I guess everyone has its own opinion here. Others haven't had any problems, but majority are crying and bitching around.

I'd say to the OP that go and reach to them as early so that your problem will be resolved, no need to accused as there might be reasons on their end. If by any chance you get your money, then look for other exchanges more reputable like Binance, just saying.

If the majority is crying and bitching around means Coinbase should be avoided.  OP's case is not rare and often users like him are left hanging with unresolved cases but it seems OP does not detail his issue and did not show any proof that his support ticket is closed without being resolved. 

I have known Coinbase ever since I got in this crypto thing but never tried to register in their site because of the issue of leaking their user's data.  If I am not mistaken, one of the known issues of user leak is them leaking the personal info of a torrent site owner.

sulendra12

Activity: 2814
Merit: 526

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 06:13:08 PM

Coinbase has shitty support and you shouldn't use it on the first place if you need that web wallet so badly. Also there are some bad feedback to them regarding the feature and shit so yea don't use it if you have another alternative.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 06:43:54 PM

It is kinda expected to see the user database on such exchanges. The regular user wants to hold his crypto portfolio on the big exchanges. They don't undrstand the private key and its features on crypto. That's why the majority loses on exchanges like Coinbase.

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 28, 2019, 08:32:20 AM

I have known this company for a long time and they have never disappointed me, I don’t know the issue you are having with them , but has not really affected majority of people, your experience with them might be a bitter one, but it is not enough to pull the crowd along in your decision.

What if it was just a simple technical issue, we don’t even have the details of your real challenge for us to follow your advice, the only challenge you have mentioned here is your mail not being attended to, maybe you should push a little further, Facebook once did something of such to me because of many client on queue for them to attend to, but I had to push a little bit more till the resolved my issue.

If I wasn’t patient then, I would have probably come on one of these threads to tarnish their image.
Funny enough, I just read in a place not quite long on this same forum where we have many people that has praised the service of coinbase, many people with different experience and different opinions, I think it would have been clear to the OP too by now that he blew thing out of proportion after seeing the number of people that has got good experience using coinbase.

Like you said, patience is sometimes a virtue, it might just really be a minor issue, but because of his temperament and impatience, ran to the forum to quickly destroy their image, but unfortunately, he got the reverse.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: