Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:28:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin be considered a Religion?  (Read 1526 times)
PDAngel

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:07:21 AM

I understand that we have our own individual beliefs but for me it is a big no, Bitcoin is only a technology that created by human and it is very amazing creation considering that people can benefits on this but it can never ever considered as a religion. Religion is a spiritual relationship with human and god.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:26:19 AM

Bitcoin should not be considered a religion because the stock also has many investors, but it is still not considered a religion. Bitcoin is like a small community where the set is investing in choosing Bitcoin as the preferred investment option. The community will be where you find people who share ideas and support Bitcoin.

bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 08:49:07 AM

Considering how many Bitcoin believers (maximalists) there are, with their specific beliefs of how cryptocurrency should behave, it's becoming more evident that Bitcoin is a religion. After all, this popular movement of decentralized finance has impacted our lives one way or the other. The world has its eyes on the direction of Bitcoin as a digital currency which determines the path forward of Blockchain technology.

According to Google, the term "Religion" means the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods. This becomes true especially when many Bitcoin followers believe that Satoshi is some sort of "god". Hence, if Satoshi would reveal himself to the public, many people will follow him.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Huh
It is a hypocrite thoughts. If you are talking to bitcoin, it only refers in economy. Maybe, we can refer it only as a means of payment but we should make it as our God. Actually, when Spaniards conquered the world, they have 3 goals or 3G's. And gold is differ from God. Imagine, even before they have already segregation of God in Gold. And I knew that it is just like the current scenario for bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
OrangeII

Activity: 2100
Merit: 503

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:04:38 AM

Bitcoin should not be considered a religion because the stock also has many investors, but it is still not considered a religion. Bitcoin is like a small community where the set is investing in choosing Bitcoin as the preferred investment option. The community will be where you find people who share ideas and support Bitcoin.
well, of course this will be very different. basically bitcoin has many functions but not for this. we believe in bitcoin, but that is in transaction and business matters. however, I don't think about this at all.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
jhonjhon

Activity: 1316
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 10:50:23 AM

Religion is like a belief in spiritual aspect. Somehow affects people's tradition and culture. And I think its far from considering bitcoin as a religion. Especially we don't worship Satoshi. Satoshi is a human, not a God. He's no different from us. The thing that make him kinda special is he is the proponent of bitcoin but that doesn't mean he can be considered as a god or something. This isn't a cult or something...

I agree, we don't worship Satoshi Nakamoto because he is also a human like us, he is not a prophet or God. He is the one who invented bitcoin but he is unworthy to be called a God and considered the community who supports bitcoin a religion.
Nasonn

Activity: 616
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 11:33:25 AM

I don't understand why anyone would want to consider bitcoin a religion except you want to feel cool about yourself, thinking less of those who don't own bitcoin and it won't be cool. Let's treat bitcoin as a digital asset which it is.
suryati

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:38:07 PM

I agree, we don't worship Satoshi Nakamoto because he is also a human like us, he is not a prophet or God. He is the one who invented bitcoin but he is unworthy to be called a God and considered the community who supports bitcoin a religion.

yes, it is true that Satoshi Nakamoto and religion are two different things, and it doesn,t mean if you believe in bitcoin then you become a follower of the Satoshi religion. In my opinion religion is something about relation between human and the creator, while the bitcoin found by Satoshi is a digital currency, if used properly it will certainly benefit.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 12:54:09 PM

I will never consider Bitcoin as a religion, and everyone here should do the same, Bitcoin is considered a technology breakthrough and very much attached to profit and material things, this was created by human or group of human and it's creation is a manifesto that God is great for giving us a mind that can do great wonders.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Bes19

Activity: 1003
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 03:06:36 PM

I personally don't see Satoshi Nakamoto or BITCOIN as GOD. I will never consider it as a religion but instead as a great opportunity for everyone that could change lives. Bitcoin is also part of economy. There is only one God and we all know who it is.
Naginiya

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2019, 08:08:04 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion.There are believers that one day bitcoin will reach moon.But it is far far from called as religion.If bitcoin count as religion what about  other altcoins. They are believing the same thing.So those altcoin also count as religion?If that so we have biggest religion collection in history.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 08:47:32 PM

What is this thread all about? I don't really know what is the meaning of this. Bitcoin? Really so that's our what? Our deity? Considering of believing on it on a currency does not makes us on a cult or something that makes bitcoin maximalists on a new religion or sect. Bitcoin is a currency, a digital currency and most certainly not a religion.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 14, 2019, 09:38:53 PM

I really do not think that enthusiasm can be equated to worship. What we have today is not really the worship of crypto but simply acceptance of a new technology
It is bad when bitcoin become a religion. Bitcoin is really different to religion because it is from the market and we are earning from it. It is beneficial but it does not mean we worship it.

Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:34:06 AM

I personally don't see Satoshi Nakamoto or BITCOIN as GOD. I will never consider it as a religion but instead as a great opportunity for everyone that could change lives. Bitcoin is also part of economy. There is only one God and we all know who it is.

Agree. There's only one God and there's no doubt about it. However, not all people think the same way. I've seen many Bitcoin maximalists trying to follow Satoshi's footsteps in every way. They went on to the extreme saying that if a cryptocurrency adopts SegWit or Lightning Network is is not the original Bitcoin at all. As a result, several contending cryptocurrencies have emerged such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV. While this seems more like politics, than a religion itself, the fact that most people view Satoshi as a "god" classifies it as a religion (according to my point of view).

Nonetheless, religion or not, Bitcoin surely is a movement that aims to transform finance for the better. It keeps us united every step of the way, regardless of our differences. As a community, we thrive to make the world a better place by embracing decentralization every step of the way. Just my opinion Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 01:41:03 AM

I really do not think that enthusiasm can be equated to worship. What we have today is not really the worship of crypto but simply acceptance of a new technology
It is bad when bitcoin become a religion. Bitcoin is really different to religion because it is from the market and we are earning from it. It is beneficial but it does not mean we worship it.
That's a correct explanation, anything that benefits you doesn't mean that you should worship it because creations are not meant to be worshipped and your worship should be done solely to the one who created you and the entire multiverse. Bitcoin and its blockchain technology is really great and beneficial for most of us in this industry and Satoshi Nakamoto has really done an awesome technology that will soon be adopted by most of the people in the world in my own opinion. Wink
gwdf1

Activity: 680
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 07:31:55 PM

Exactly. The same way people are now worshiping Cannabis (see the Church of Cannabis on Google), the same way they can do so with Bitcoin. Of course, this may sound crazy but the fact is that people tend to worship different things in life. They're now even worshiping the "Spaghetti Monster" when "Spaghetti" is something edible (unlike Bitcoin).

I believe that if people start worshiping Bitcoin, then they will certainly idolize Satoshi in many ways (once his identity is discovered, of course). Knowing that Bitcoin's creator is a mystery and a pure genious, should be more than enough for some people to follow it as a "god".

Bitcoin unites us as a brotherhood, in the same way as any religion known today. We as followers of Satoshi and Bitcoin, believe that crypto is meant to be decentralized and censorship-resistant. Anything outside this scope, would be considered an aberration.

Nonetheless, it depends on an individual's views whenever he/she considers Bitcoin as a religion or not. The most important thing is that, Bitcoin keeps us united as a community of crypto enthusiasts worldwide with the ideal of becoming "liberated" from the current corrupt financial system (which involves Fiat currency backed by governments and Banks worldwide). Hence, Satoshi's Vision will carry on for many generations. Just my opinion Smiley

These are insane people, and nothing can help them to be cured. Those, who work with Bitcoin take it as an asset or business. Bitcoin has nothing common with religion. Of course, some crypto fans that soo nothing but BTC exist, but these are just poor guys who need help.
Eildosa

Activity: 572
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 10:47:40 PM

To call bitcoin a religion is too loud a statement I believe. It seems to me that people who consider Satoshi to God, not so much. Everyone else thinks he is a genius, the Creator of such a great technology that can change the world. But I don't think they worship him.

Bobby park

Activity: 546
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 15, 2019, 11:04:50 PM

I think it is a big deal for everyone who has been working in crypto currency. Making Bitcoin as a religion is a crazy things yes we know that worshipping on a particular things can consider a religious activity. For me I would never ever treated Bitcoin as our God nor Religion.

By the way I think is not the right place for this kind of topic It is more serious. however thanks for sharing your ideas and opinion.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2019, 01:08:30 AM

In what way can it be considered as a religion? Bitcoin was created as an innovation to our rapid improving technology. Fiat can be replaced and use bitcoin. Same as telephone and smartphones now it brought more convenience because of the improved technology. Religion is forcing someone to believe something and worship it even if it's not true.
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 01:56:57 AM

Satoshi Nakamoto created Bitcoin with the intention of revolutionizing the way of payment through a well decentralized platform where users will take total charge over their own transactions without the interruption of any authoritative middle men. Bitcoin is seen by different people in different perspective depending on the what the user wish to do with it. Bitcoin is now seen as an asset,currency, investment etc.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Farabi

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2019, 02:38:26 AM

In the name of the Bitcoin and of the Ethereum and of the Holy Bitconnect Amen
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: