Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 08:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stop chasing the "next" bitcoin  (Read 1346 times)
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:18:57 PM

I always hold BItcoin more than 50% of my capital, simply for long term investment. I agree to stop chasing the next bull run without a knowledge because it will just put us on a big fall again. Let's learn from big mistakes in the past when everyone joined the hype and then became fear.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
AntoCokbun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:42:22 PM

Here I see many people think that investing in bitcoin is the best thing, but what about the other altcoins? like Ethereum ripple etc.

I see a lot of the potential that coin coins have and provide big profit opportunities, moreover they have gained high trust from investors.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 07:42:28 PM

Well, you can still invest on some altcoin but at least the your portfolio should be like more than half on bitcoin, just saying.

This is actually called a diversed crypto portfolio. If we are talking real portfolio ratios, 25% should be in fiat, 25% in Bitcoin 25% in altcoins and 25% in land or some medium risk legacy investments. Altcoins have the highest gains and risks.
Always better to plan and make a good mindset, diverting your assets always bring good things whenever you have good knowledge bad understanding, stop chasing something that still speculative but rather focus from something which is already been offered, always make right assumptions and be ready to add patience.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 07:48:19 PM

You are right OP, bitcoin is bitcoin and will remain always bitcoin, even if someone will claim that a new coin is bitcoin never trust them and hold your bitcoin because can't be replaced.
DavidMott

Activity: 33
Merit: 3

>>>davidtaighmott.net<<< [[I sell cool merch!!]]

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2019, 07:59:55 PM

I agree in terms of there will not be a 'next Bitcoin'. This is a bit of a marketing gimmick used to lure in newbies. It's sad because a lot of the newbies seem to be those looking for a 'get rich quick' Cryptocurrency rather than embracing the technology and building solutions/products on top of it.

>>>davidtaighmott.net<<<
proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 08:11:43 PM

Well, you can still invest on some altcoin but at least the your portfolio should be like more than half on bitcoin, just saying.

This is actually called a diversed crypto portfolio. If we are talking real portfolio ratios, 25% should be in fiat, 25% in Bitcoin 25% in altcoins and 25% in land or some medium risk legacy investments. Altcoins have the highest gains and risks.

There's nothing good as diversification in the world of cryptocurrency because of the risk that's involved either in investment and in trade. Last year i lost some reasonable profits from some coins because i refused diversification of portfolio and ended at lost. Your portfolio rations are pretty much exciting as i assume that will yield more profit at the end.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Vaculin

Activity: 2912
Merit: 613

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 09:55:32 PM

You are right OP, bitcoin is bitcoin and will remain always bitcoin, even if someone will claim that a new coin is bitcoin never trust them and hold your bitcoin because can't be replaced.
There is only one bitcoin so don't keep on chasing for the next bitcoin. But keeping a large amount of bitcoins in your portfolio is still a good idea than choosing over altcoins which in the end have no definite values. There are a lot of altcoins today that have only ended as shitcoins so better make a wide research first before investing into such coins.
Samuel4

Activity: 331
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 09:58:52 PM

It's really hard to understand the kind of cryptos to invest on as a beginner in this space.i bought virtually every coins that I was introduced to. Unfortunately the same person that introduced me to crypto currencies sold all this shit coins for me. Encouraging me to hodl till $1 or more to make profit. I'm still hodling and counting. Lol
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:03:50 PM

You should also focus on the concerning matter of how much an alt coin is popular and how much marketcap it provides to it's users.
You can still be thinking on investing into some alts which you consider having potential.
Nonetheless i know that Bitcoin only is the one "true" coin that will keep itself in a good steady value. Since it's the largest cryptocurrency being used for real life situations and not any other cryptocurrency.

Nothing to see here
Kelvinid

Activity: 2828
Merit: 344

win lambo...

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:24:43 PM

It's really hard to understand the kind of cryptos to invest on as a beginner in this space.i bought virtually every coins that I was introduced to. Unfortunately the same person that introduced me to crypto currencies sold all this shit coins for me. Encouraging me to hodl till $1 or more to make profit. I'm still hodling and counting. Lol
You are just fooled by someone? Pretty bad experience dude, hope it will give you a lesson for not giving a trust to anyone that you've just talk unless this person is a reputable member in this forum.
This is very important why we should have to do a research before investing. As per advice of many, better to invest with bitcoin rather than to loss our money in altcoins.
MakeMoneyBtc

Activity: 1092
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:42:48 PM

The same thing happened to me in the past. Someone recommended me to buy a coin because its price is going to skyrocket during that year. So I bought some of that and waited. When times got tough he sold all his coins but recommended me to hodl it because there is no worry and the price will be up again soon. Unfortunately that didn't happened. Never listen to anyone without making your own research.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2394
Merit: 343

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 10:58:46 PM

We have already bitcoin and nothing to chase anymore. We are not looking for another one but we look for another better price than today.
Bitcoin shows already how it turns crypto market different and it came into the point that it has a tragic down making people worry about its end. But they are wrong and Bitcoin will survive and remain as the best coin in crypto market.
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:21:24 PM

I think everybody aware about this, no one doing not buy and hold just bitcoin they are also hold others alt coins! no one can doing guess which alt can growing fast and run to highest value in near future, so you can buy and hold some of alt coins beside of bitcoin! I also prefer well rising alt coins and I love to buy and hold different alt coins and cryptocurrency beside some of bitcoins.
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 07, 2019, 11:58:27 PM

They can’t just replace bitcoin easily, bitcoin is the real bitcoin there will be no new bitcoin even if its the hard fork. If they claim there will be a new bitcoin and a better one, 100% its a scam so leave that market as much as possible. My trust will remain with bitcoin created by Satoshi.
Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 02:10:32 AM

There is no "the next bitcoin" at this time.

What people currently seek is the "next best altcoin" like eth, dash, litecoin, etc.

a new crypto project that has the potential to be one of the top 10 coin or token.

I think the next big project that will be the next best altcoin are those with the best use cases to integrate the business side of things.
We already have enough platform coins (working and being developed) and these platforms are underutilized. True that we can't compete yet with transaction per second of Visa and Mastercard, but the business integration must happen for the blockchain and cryptocurrencies as a whole to be more widely adopted.

Remember, cryptocurrency is just one of the best application of blockchain technology.

nutella_11

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:10:46 AM

Here I see many people think that investing in bitcoin is the best thing, but what about the other altcoins? like Ethereum ripple etc.

I see a lot of the potential that coin coins have and provide big profit opportunities, moreover they have gained high trust from investors.

Yeah, for instance, I've been tracking FuturoCoin since december 2018 and I think this is the potential crypto which has a chance to be significant. I agree with your opinion, I think there are a lot of altcoins, which can grow this times, not only the most important ones like Bitcoin, Ethereum or XRP etc.
millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:22:50 AM

Your suggestion is good but you can not push otherselves to not invest most of their fund in altcoin.actually I agree that there is no cryptocurrency that better than bitcoin, honestly I also ever invest more than 90% of my fund in a token but fortunately the token price has gone up then I sold all of that token for btc. I think invest in token for long term is risky but it is okay for short term investment. I always convert all of my token to btc so I always safe.
luckydevelop

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 10:46:41 AM

I've been hearing talk about a new Facebook or a new Google for 10 years already. Nothing changes, and thousands of projects have long since died.
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1225

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 12:45:19 PM

There is a reason other cryptos are tagged "altcoins" (alternative coins) while Bitcoin isn't yoked together with them. It's simply because Bitcoin is on a class of its own. There won't be another Bitcoin. A worst case scenero is that we get another coin getting a higher price than Bitcoin but that still won't make it Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a phenomenal and a pathfinder, not an imitation of any coin.

Before you boast of your material acquisition, take a stroll to a morgue and there you will find those who were once better than you're. Only fools think they've it all. Stay humble 🤔
Arbat33

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2019, 01:49:50 PM

I agree, but it is difficult to change opinion among people when BTC became so friendly, popular and profitable. They will be constantly looking for some similar cost-effective crypto, there are plenty of others coins which are good too but users will compare them to BTC anyways...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: