Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 coins you will ask your bestfriend to invest  (Read 2204 times)
Fdt

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

Forexcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 10:49:31 PM

I noticed long term buy and hold allow to socialize while short term buying gets many people glued to their computer 24/7. Also new coins come and to a degree affect prices of present coins, plus people well some people maybe get bored or developer hops off - so there are many factors to consider. I think coins with active developers and clear vision can be fun Smiley

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:00:47 PM

Bitcoin (BTC), Goldcoin (GLD), and Litecoin (LTC)

^^^ In 2 years time, those will be the top three.

Newb question, is Gold Coin actually pegged to the price of Gold? Or is it just a name.
Name only. Its history is dubious. Check out the past threads. Probably too many. Long story.....released with a huge instamine by dev ....had high block rewards...dev abandons....gets picked up by current team...lower block rewards...active community and devs...angers many for changing reward...people really like the name gold
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:03:33 PM

I wouldn't recommend them investing anything. Not even bitcoin. I'd rather invest myself a little bit and if by lucky I'd happen to get rich I'd donate them some.
iampingu

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:18:09 PM

Goldcoin is a huge shitcoin.
Fdt

Activity: 137

Forexcoin Developer

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:22:24 PM

I'd rather invest myself a little bit and if by lucky I'd happen to get rich I'd donate them some.
Bingo Smiley

First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 11:28:41 PM
Last edit: March 13, 2014, 11:45:31 PM by First.Bitcoins

There are two kinds of cryptos I invest in:
  Potential replacements for Bitcoin, should they stumble
  Niche coins with strong user communities

1. BTC

2. Lite

3. Doge - because of the user community

4. Darkcoin - worth a gamble on complete anonymity

5. AppleBytes - DISCLAIMER - I am on the Dev team (Announce thread here)

NXT & PPC get honorable mention

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 11:39:32 PM

If i have ask friend to invest my types are:

1. (10%)Anoncoin very rare coin smart hardworking team - unique anonymity  (Google know all about you sometimes i want show it  ..i..  )
2. (30%)Blackcoin -1% inflation, full POS,100% resistant to Mooltipools/ASICs -very fast 5-10s transactions- growing creative community
3. (10%)Darkcoin anonymity same like 1. but they have different approach. (Google know all about you sometimes i want show it  ..i..  )
4. (10%)Dogecoin cool creative community, i was shocked by Doge on market for me this is miracle,Doge community is creative (Doge can be only one)
5. (20%)PPC -  dev SunnyKing very good programmer currently PPC went down after pump it is good time to buy.(just 20% because BC have better chance to get higher)

3. Coins who are in reality just try to copy coins without bringing something new/unique try buy original products .
4. If coin have no community behind it  that coins is going to nowhere
5. Once more look out on premine to not get hurt. IPO is IMO ok those guys just pay for early support of coin and they are giving it value.
IPO+premine better avoid it or be carefull

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Thread7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:35:26 AM

I would argue for MINT also.  The POW/POS and momentum it currently has could make it a winner.
bl0ckchain

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:58:08 AM

I couldn't agree more.  Smiley

Goldcoin (GLD) is getting ready to rocket! Can't wait for the new java client coming this spring!
stylin

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:37:44 AM

Alts are very very risky, and the four below are no exception. However, I think there is a lot of potential upside for them.

1. NMC - I can see this coin rocketing 5 years from now, its simplicity is its strength

2. DOGE - say what you want about this one but has a community and it is being used, and far more compared to even Bitcoin when you account for the market cap.

3. NEM - seems very innovative

4. HUC - a solid human mine-able coin. Might not be worth much in the long term but it's a good short and mid-term gamble, very innovative

Honorcoin | 100% PoS | 2% Free Distribution
XHC: HEjJZdyJWBjaLH7w12k2nfqAKMEC9h2Lvt
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:02:38 AM

QRK, DOGE, LTC, PPC, BTC - all portfolios should have those as a base.
 50% made from those

medium gambles with good upside

cgb, dmd, phs, mec, dgc, 30%

high gamble that i am going for anyway - huge upsides but maybe won't take off - very very cheap coins i like  20%

beecoin ( i love it ) totally fair, still very  easy to mine, very brandable name, great cause -  saving bee's 

credits - totally fair, dev active and always talking with the community. - outsider but could do well

icoin - name

applecoin - i like the name but price higher than other gambles.

usde - like the devs

qqc - so fast, so scypt jane - qqc big name previously in china.

lot's more gambles in this section but i guess can fill your own in.

they are my ones, i tell my friend to do as i would myself..... is that a guarantee? nah any coin can rocket any coin can fail...... all a best guess for anyone at this point.

I like BIG community coins most, but also love rare minting coins too.... i mean i have lots of little stashes of worthless crap just incase it takes off .

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 04:52:17 AM

I am trying not to impose anything on my friends, if they want to discuss crypto (which they usually don't) I will and I will be honest but positive about them

If I have to pick 5 altcoins (change title) it would be LTC Dogecoin Peercoin Darkcoin emucoin (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=494855.0)

buttonmc

Activity: 277

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:57:00 AM

1. Bitcoin - This is where the infrastructure for cryptos is being built upon.

2. Vertcoin - I think the adaptive N factor to deter ASIC mining will prove to be valuable in the future. The reason Litecoin became successful is b/c ppl who invested in equipment (gpu's) for mining bitcoin had to turn elsewhere after ASIC miners were created for SHA-256. Bitcoin is already becoming centralized in terms of mining power and the same might happen with scrypts. The ability to keep mining well distributed among the network was one of the major attractions to cryptos in the first place.

3. Blackcoin - This coin should be worth more than NXT based on the principle that it is a PoS coin that had a much fairer distribution. NXT started in the hands of 70 original investors; Blackcoin was fairly mined for 1 week and has now capped in supply.

4. iCoin - Brand recognition and an ambitious dev team can go a long way. My main concern with this coin is the 1% premine, but the developers have been transparent thus far about the distribution for promotion. If they can keep their hands out of the cookie jar, this coin has a lot of potential over the next 2 years.

5. Darkcoin / Zerocoin - People are shady, they like those shady things to go unnoticed.

lamontweaver

Activity: 85

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:50:15 AM

LOL. The goldcoin pumpers are on every thread. It's a total scam coin.

The game has changed. Bitcoin is the only coin worth holding.

Altcoins are for daytrading, I don't like to be in anything overnight anymore.

lalakies23

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:25:40 AM

1. Betacoin
2. CryptoEagle
3. MazaCoin
4. Bitcoin
5. Auroracoin
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:53:14 PM

Mintcoin dpes a funny thing to people.  You feel real bad for selling after you start getting POS. Its actually quite brilliant.

Disastrus

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:05:52 PM

I couldn't agree more.  Smiley

Goldcoin (GLD) is getting ready to rocket! Can't wait for the new java client coming this spring!

shut up fruitcake! your spam is really annoying
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:17:12 PM

1) Anoncoin: It could do way better than Bitcoin on the darknet, and once people realize this, it will be worth 10x what it is worth now.
2) Craftcoin: It's value plummeted recently, leaving him a tiny market cap. With like 0.4 BTC invested in it, its value will triple for the short term.
3) Franko: For the same reason as Craftcoin.
4) Doge: I think it is the crypto that is most likely to attract the young geek populace
5) There is no 5.
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:24:57 PM

I would recomend:

1. BTC -- Most people know about it and it is being accepted as a mode of payment of some big online retailers.
2. LTC -- No doubt about this coin.
3. RDD -- Reddcoin is making a big noise right now but people wont hear it, their is still doubt on how this coin will be used as social media coin.
4. VTC -- You can never be wrong once you join the ride be prepare for a long journey.
5. DTC -- This coin have been silent its easy to mine and have a bright future ahead of it.

Stay away from this coin.
Nxt -- you have to buy it first before you can mine TX fee and the problem is, you got to have a million coins in your wallet to mine a descent amount of it.

Maxcoin -- Pretty shady lunch and people who bought it when it hits a exchange got burnt.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:30:12 PM

At this point, I see less than 5 promising coins to invest in Undecided

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: