Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dead?  (Read 20114 times)
Che454010

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:14:47 PM

ICOs are not dead yet, as bear market has been continuing longer than expected investing in ICOs haven't been profitable, besides there have been many scam ICOs, so investors have lost interest in them. As the market has started to recover, i believe the situation could change.
superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:31:01 PM

It's the truth. Now all switched to IEO. Alive ICO  already almost does not remain. Perhaps after a time this direction to revive, but for now it really looks dead.
Wale777

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 08:58:46 PM

At the arrival of IEO , ICOs has died a natural death because investors have lost trust and confidence in them due to all that happened last year by ICO teams not delivering as promised on the roadmap
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:56:00 PM

To be Frank with the way IEOs is growing, ICOs now seems to be dead and gone forever. Come to think of it, who will risk his money in ICO when same can be channelled to IEO with a little hope of getting instant good returns, just like IEOs in most top exchanges.
ICOs failed investors and now they have found refuge in IEOs, and they seems to be doing well.

andrearz

Activity: 686
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 09:57:44 PM

ICO is not dead, but it is now less attractive to investors because there is a lot of fraud at the ICO. however, there are still quality ICOs. I often say this in each thread that also discusses the same thing that choosing a good ICO requires a lot of research.
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:05:21 PM

ICOs are not really dead just that its investors have decreased for a period of time as a result of scammers. Aside that, I'm so surprised for the fast growth of IEOs

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:08:26 PM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
The whole altcoin market has been flooded with so many shit coins that haven't added anything to the seance, and they are just basically trying to make profit from the hype that came with the ICO investment back in late 2017, except a couple of them they are just basically scams and if they are not people are just stuck the the pump and dump mentality so as soon any ICO coin goes on exchange it hits the floor and devs lose the motivation to develop it and the coin just dies, and for that people have lost hope in the ICO.
valuater

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:11:01 PM

indeed for 2017-2018 there are many tragedies for ico, for example they get funds of up to hundreds of millions ore more, but it turns out that the project didn't work even a scam, beside there were also many projects that after getting funds actually got chaotic because they experienced incidents such as hacking and counterfeiting problems with a company certain. and indeed for ico it seems that it needs an institution to regulate it so that investors are interested again.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2730
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:15:22 PM

ICO's are not completely dead but it's not trusted by some investors due to ico can bring them a good investments,As ico fails after listing in Exchanges and tokens always dump but if you invest in a good ICO like Den coin i can say you can make profits and you will not be disappointed.

There are projects that are still trying to hold their ICO but the success might be hard for them.
Investors already learned their lesson and know the strategies when it comes to ICO.
Most of them are just waiting for these coins to hit in exchanges, and do the trading.

ICO is not dead, but it is now less attractive to investors because there is a lot of fraud at the ICO. however, there are still quality ICOs. I often say this in each thread that also discusses the same thing that choosing a good ICO requires a lot of research.

ICO projects need to strategize their marketing, else, they will encounter failure.
Or they can contact big private investors if they really have very good foundation.
They can sell their platform easily if the concept is rock solid.
concitta

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:49:36 PM

ICOs doesn't dead just convert the policy from initial coin offer to initial exchange offer. This way product delivering not easy but to funs rise of any project if ICOs isn't enough to service in cryptocurrency, IEO is the future for rise funds.
yes ICO is still alive and he can grow again so there is still an opportunity for ICO to be better.
the number of frauds and projects failed, many avoided the ICO and later said that the ICO was dead.
maybe if everything is okay, and the lack of fraud so ICO will continue to grow and the market gets better so that the ICO will improve.
IEO is the choice of many people and many join when ICO is not in good condition.

BTC Bitway BTC
The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
✦ ────────  Discord Instagram ♦  Twitter ♦  Bitcointalk ♦  Reddit ♦  Facebook    ──────── ✦
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:56:52 PM

I believe ICO still has good space for investors. 2019 is a better year than 2018 because investors trust ico and IEO again as bitcoin prices rise.
ICO is growing and we must support it to develop useful creative ideas in the future.
eastgrand

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 10:59:58 PM

I never heard of IEO. But the smartest move I've made was avoiding ICO's all of last year. I'm left with nothing, but at least I didn't lose anything.
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:08:10 PM

ICOs are not dead but many investors don't want to invest anymore due to many fake ICOs and price drops after tokens hits exchange. there are many ICOs that are legit at first but turn out to be scam at the end. there are many scam ICOs that look like real.
Gi01

Activity: 342
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:09:23 PM

Looking at the number of new crypto projects in 2019 and the ways through which they raise their crowdfunds, majority of them have employ the use of IEO rather than ICO. Based on this, I can somehow say ICO is dying slowly but not completely dead. Investors find it safe to invest via IEO rather than ICO.  
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:24:13 PM

I am very many people who are talking about ICO dead for the reason now because of the IEO. The IEO and ICO are just the same investments. What's different is just the way to sell it. And most projects do it simultaneously. So there is no significant comparison between ICO and IEO. And that also means that the ICO isn't dead, you can find a good ICO.
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:28:30 PM

I think most investors already are aware that almost half or even more of the crypto currencies are scam or not successful. Most of the ICOs I had seen in 2018 did not turned out great even reaching their hard cap in their sale. Given that,  crowd funding companies now found a way to get more secure way of selling their coins through known exchanges or the IEOs.
jhon15

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:35:43 PM

I think most investors already are aware that almost half or even more of the crypto currencies are scam or not successful. Most of the ICOs I had seen in 2018 did not turned out great even reaching their hard cap in their sale. Given that,  crowd funding companies now found a way to get more secure way of selling their coins through known exchanges or the IEOs.
yes IEO is a good choice at the moment and many are switching to using IEO, but that does not mean the ICO is dead if it is currently in a bad condition.
ICOs may need a process to grow better, so many people might give up so they are no longer at ICO, and he switches to the IEO.

Genrix

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:38:38 PM

There are some ICOs, but IEO approach is more common, so that's my solution, you should keep to more common and go in IEos, it is profitable and better than ICO

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
sulendra12

Activity: 2828
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 25, 2019, 11:55:35 PM

Not yet. But any finished ICOs are always ended up the same like if they use ETH smart contract then they most likely will get listed on forkdelta to dump the price where in forkdelta you can list any coins as much as you want as long as it's ETH. Which is really bullshit and annoying especially for investors.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2019, 11:20:36 AM

Perhaps all ICOs can die in the future, but many ICOs are currently in progress now. However, the number of successful ICOs decreased considerably over the past years. I think this is due to the fact that investors no longer trust the ICOs in full. And in this case a new system called IEO was created. If all investors starting to choose the IEO's anymore, then in the future all ICO's can die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: