Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:27:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dead?  (Read 20124 times)
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 03:29:36 PM

The problems of all ICO projects are that they cannot ensure the safety of their investors in future profits, especially the majority of them are already disappointed with many failures and fraudulent projects in which they have lost a lot of their money and simply do not want this to happen again if this situation continues all with the time of ICO simply die out.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:08:25 PM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.

ICOs aren't dead, but their risks and shortcomings are demonstrated by the rise of IEOs.
Of course a good ICO has no problem at all, the problem is that there are so many scams out there and it can be difficult sometimes to separate the good from the bad.
One thing that might kill off ICOs altogether is if IEOs continue to rise and they start to achieve much higher sales at the initial offer than ICOs do. This could well lead to a runaway feedback loop in which any good ICO moves to become an IEO instead, and so the percentage of ICOs that are good gradually falls away until none are left.
akela04

Activity: 868
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 04:40:54 PM

In the last time of ICO very disappoints, many are not able to collect a tenth of what they managed to achieve earlier in 2017. But still there are projects that are really worthy, but these are very few.I don't think the ICO will die completely, there will be an update.

━━        🏘  INEL COMPANY  🏢       ━━
✔ Crowdfunding platform for collective investment in real estate ✔
https://t.me/INEL_bot
infarterr

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 04:56:55 PM

ICOs are as dead as Ethereum. While ETH exists, ERC20 tokens will try to receive funding one way or another.
What do you mean ? Ethereum and ETH are the same, and many ERC20 tokens are not just a few, it looks like you have to read more so that you have more knowledge, especially in crypto.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▄▄██████▄▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████▀▀▀▀██▀  ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀▀▀▀████▀        ▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
    ███▀         ▀        ▄██▀▀         ▀███
   ███▀                 ▄██▀              ▀▀▀
████████████          ▄██▀
   ███▄             ▄██▀                  ▄▄▄
    ███▄         ▄▄██▀        ▄         ▄███
     ▀████▄▄▄▄▄████▀        ▄████▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
       ▀▀▀█████▀▀  ▄██▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀██████▀▀
                  ▀▀▀█████▀▀
Ethernity CLOUD
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████     ████     ██
██     ████     ██████████     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:03:04 PM

In the last time of ICO very disappoints, many are not able to collect a tenth of what they managed to achieve earlier in 2017. But still there are projects that are really worthy, but these are very few.I don't think the ICO will die completely, there will be an update.

The ICO sector is running out of time. Contrary to what you have posted, I would say that the ICOs will die out completely within the next 2-3 years, if the market situation remains unchanged. The ICOs have ruined the lives of a lot of people, who trusted these projects. The investors also should be blamed, for investing such huge amounts without proper research. 
Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 05:15:42 PM

I cannot categorically say that it's dead because most projects still run ico because the don't want to use an exchange. But the new trending IEO has superseded the ico and it seems to be dying off slowly

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
aliceHortrex

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 05:19:05 PM

ICO projects began to upset the people for a very long time, when all these machinations with fraudsters began.  I think this is wrong and just do not invest in it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:26:27 PM

Seeing ICOs existing can be concluded as ICOs are not dead yet. But looking at its respect from the community and to any investors, I think the reputation of ICOs are diminishing day by day because of scams. Most of these are scam.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
indriasyifa

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:27:46 PM

at present, there are still many cryptocurrency projects that use the ICO concept to introduce their coins, but with the advent of the IEO giving a new color to cryptocurrency in the future, IEO has the advantage because they introduce tokens in the market exchange, so investors trust to buy in the market compared at ICO.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:35:33 PM

I think the ICO will never die. Many projects implement Pre-ICO before implementing IEO on exchanges. I believe that ICO is a premise for projects that can be supported to list the implementation of IEO through exchanges. Many projects will implement ICO before making decisions to achieve the IEO.

Johnii

Activity: 29
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:39:17 PM

Icos , or startups are obviously not dead but in coma waiting the next phase of bullrun to kick in later this year or next year. Of course there will be good coins and bad ones, the veteran crypto investors are aware of the fraudulent activity in the space and are able to avoid scam icos but unfortunately the majority of the newbies investors who are new in crypto will certainly suffer and may lose some money in suspicious projects or may invest in good coins but will not cash out at the peak of the market due to greed.
Willi domika

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 05:41:12 PM

ICO's are still alive its just that investors doesnt even trust them anymore due to many reports of big scams this year and last year.There are still plenty of profitable ico out there  but just that scam makes more news so people have negative thoughts now on ICO
Yes, I also heard the same complaint. And I did not fully believe that ico was dead
fauzan123

Activity: 1260
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 05:45:57 PM

I think the ICO will never die. Many projects implement Pre-ICO before implementing IEO on exchanges. I believe that ICO is a premise for projects that can be supported to list the implementation of IEO through exchanges. Many projects will implement ICO before making decisions to achieve the IEO.
but most new projects now prefer to do the IEO rather than having to do the ICO first maybe because ICO has been very bad in the eyes of investors so that the devloper prefers to do the IEO directly
eidoscore

Activity: 723
Merit: 106

STABILA [STB] - Decentralize The Financial System

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2019, 08:55:34 PM

maybe in futures ICO are really dead and replaced by IEO, because in IEO investor are protected by exchanger where IEO launched, and this way more safer and easier than partitipate in conventional ico campaign like now.

GGmith

Activity: 394

View Profile
May 28, 2019, 09:06:08 PM

ICO projects began to upset the people for a very long time, when all these machinations with fraudsters began.  I think this is wrong and just do not invest in it.

yes I also feel the same way that currently ico is really not good, most of them end up in fraud. Therefore most ico investors prefer to invest with the IEO because it promises benefits and can also reduce fraud cases.
kolonel_x

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:14:10 AM

I am sure that even though the project is currently busy with the concept of the IEO it will not kill the ICO and will continue to grow rapidly. We can see every week there are always new ICOs popping up

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 03:41:07 AM

Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad

This kind of thing makes a lot of scam happen in the ICO project and makes many people become afraid to invest. For now the IEO is the best of the ICO in my opinion, because there is also a market guarantee available for the new coin / token.
deathcode
Copper Member

Activity: 1428
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:48:28 AM

This kind of thing makes a lot of scam happen in the ICO project and makes many people become afraid to invest. For now the IEO is the best of the ICO in my opinion, because there is also a market guarantee available for the new coin / token.

at least there is a guarantee of exchange for the coin that can be immediately traded. but I think this system is still very risky with sales manipulation. unless exchanges can be very transparent with sales made. So far, the IEO is still feasible to follow.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:49:55 AM

Yeah ICOS are partially dead, i have partake in so much bounties in the past months and know what? I only earn $50 which is so much waste of time and effort on my side. Better to participate on IEOS because it will surely be on exchanges after the successful end of the sale.

Blue_oxen

Activity: 515
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 03:53:25 AM

Yeah ICOS are partially dead, i have partake in so much bounties in the past months and know what? I only earn $50 which is so much waste of time and effort on my side. Better to participate on IEOS because it will surely be on exchanges after the successful end of the sale.
Many people cannot earn good money when participating in bonus campaigns and that is what all bounty hunters are feeling anxious at the moment. I think the bull market is the best time for us to come back again because I believe the biggest change will happen soon and IEO projects can help hunters feel more secure when participating in those projects

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: