Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:54:59 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are ICOs dead?  (Read 20124 times)
OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:17:46 AM

Nothing in the market has changed. Just a new model for investing. I think until they eradicate fraudsters in the cryptocurrency world there will be many changes. But these are all derivatives of ICO.
ICOs were doing excellent work in the beginning in the crypto industry and still working but not excellent as before. The involvement of scammers in the ICO projects has reduced the interest of users in it. If users are not finding it well then ultimately they will refuse to invest in such projects. Now users are investing in new projects such as IEOs but still I suggest if you find the right ICOs then it is great.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:05:35 AM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.
Well, you might be right about it. ICOs are not yet dead ,just that lots of investors now prefer IEO more than ICOs because they consider IEO safe more than ICOs. I haven't tried IEO yet  so.i don't really know if they are safe like a lot of people claimed. But to be sincere I have seen some people who claim that they are not really safe as they claim to be.

There was a thread where a guy was talking about an IEO he led his friends to invest alongside and things didn't turn out for them as they expected it, the price of the tokens was dropping and he tried to question them in their telegram group and that's how they blocked him from there, same thing as his friends and some others as well. So nothing is safe here, you just got play safe by yourself man.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 11:15:26 AM

it's not dead yet, but it's dying. there are lots of tokens that have not yet been launched to the market, some have already gone but the exchange rate has fallen below the expectations, some have not even distributed. This situation has been going on for almost 1 year and this is very bad for the ICO itself, where before ICO became a prima donna for investors or bounty hunters.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 05:47:02 PM

Interesting article about the death of ICOs and the emergence of IEO... https://cryptotradernews.com/investing-trading/are-icos-really-dead/

What do you guys think? I don't think ICOs are fully dead. They just need to be regulated in more efficient ways. Most ICOs from 2017-2018 never delivered on their promises because they were being ran by a bunch of assholes who didn't deliver squad... We need more regulation. Only then will ICOs get better imo.

Nope. ICOs are not dead. Their popularity is over, and too many scammers were found - it spoiled their reputation. These projects will live, but very few of them will be left - the best ones, which will really bring profit.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:34:05 PM

ICOs were experiencing hard times right now but it is not definitely dead. Well, as for me ICO is still an effective way to make a Bounty Campaign if it will be managed properly and correctly. I am hoping that the time will come that they will come up to really regulate it to be able to prevent scammers to do their thing again.
MOProgress

Activity: 868
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:36:20 PM

ICOs are still alive, as the market s recovering from the hands of the bear and to the hands of the bull, you can see that ICO sare beginning to make sense now.
mackstuart

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 06:48:31 PM

The ICO market was spoiled by scammers, taking advantage of people's trust and deceiving them by appropriating their funds. The ICO has to be more serious and the scammers have to be jailed and then the ICO will live

aliceHortrex

Activity: 672

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 06:51:17 PM

I believe that some ICO projects will still be successful and will work.  But not with such force as before.  Fraudsters still ruined his reputation.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
monalia

Activity: 685
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:14:55 PM

Market little saturated for ICO market, but potential projects coming in this time with good idea and backend projects still getting the success face in the market. We need to invest on the by choosing the good project as I said above.
Now IEO came to market trying to utilize the exchange and make money out of it.

If you give more attention to such project, soon they will be saturated without any project with the fund raising on exchange.

Loedong

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 07:35:00 PM

the appearance of the IEO has caught the attention of us all, including ICO investors. but I think the ICO has not completely died, that the IEO emerged when the ICO was in an emergency situation. I mean a lot of fraud cases in the ICO so that the IEO becomes an alternative for investors to participate in it rather than investing with ICO.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 09:56:30 PM

I think ICO isn't completely dead yet, I believe there are still many ICO that have successfully touched their softcap or hardcap.
But investors these days more prefer IEO than ICO, the fact is IEO more secure than ICO since it using trusted exchange as the third party.

triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:08:30 PM

for ico in my opinion, some are still there, and of course for now the IEO hype is indeed rising and many ico projects suddenly turn into iso because of this and there are also those who hold both ico and ieo because maybe they are chasing lots of funds, I admit that at the moment it is better to choose the IEO.
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:23:36 PM

I think ICO isn't completely dead yet, I believe there are still many ICO that have successfully touched their softcap or hardcap.
But investors these days more prefer IEO than ICO, the fact is IEO more secure than ICO since it using trusted exchange as the third party.

thus, it seems that ICO is slowly likely to die because there are not many faithful investors to invest in their projects because of high concerns, so it is true that the IEO will continue to grow and they will gradually switch to the IEO and will leave the ICO die

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
flyeers309

Activity: 177
Merit: 50

My Dream Comes True

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 11:31:05 PM

Some ICO ended with failed and to slow get listing in exchange but with IEO more faster to listing in exchange. We also can holding our token but most difficult is when the project really good,so investor want to join and buy token and then some people with slow internet connection will lost opoprtunity. You right ICO need more effective.
ije07

Activity: 1415

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:34:46 PM

no, not at all, I never thought that ICO would die because even though many ICOs are scam and even though the IEO might be more interesting but ICO has more concepts and is more flexible so there will definitely be many people who are bored with the same concept and they will go to projects that are able to provide innovation and that can only be obtained from ICO

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
May 29, 2019, 11:46:15 PM

it's not dead yet, but it's dying. there are lots of tokens that have not yet been launched to the market, some have already gone but the exchange rate has fallen below the expectations, some have not even distributed. This situation has been going on for almost 1 year and this is very bad for the ICO itself, where before ICO became a prima donna for investors or bounty hunters.
With all of those shit coins stacking in the market and being pump and dump like a toy. What would they like to expect to some investors who already lost their money due to their scammy scheme? IEO is not exempted on this one since they have also an issue of scamming their investors and bounty hunters. With the continued lack of interest in that field with the investors and bounty hunters, soon they will perish like they don't exist anymore.

sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2019, 11:55:51 PM

The cryptospace just keep evolving, ICOs or IEO are not fundamentally different except for the fact that they are handled by exchanges or by specialized wallet services.Some projects still opt for ICOs ,it depends on the merits of the project.I good project will sell out,whether it is IEO or ICO. A bad one will fail too,even if it was through an IEO
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2019, 01:05:08 AM

Most likely dead for small startups that doesn't have good chip to attract investors in the first place, assured volume, products and popularity is what investor keen on. Regulation is somehow noticeable in IEOs now, it's feels like an upgrade that solves ICOs existing pitfalls but not necessarily as a launchpad. Only a few good sites that have alot of users would consider doing ICO

bibop555

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 01:45:31 AM

Ieo it trend for crypto this year
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2019, 03:55:30 AM

Most likely dead for small startups that doesn't have good chip to attract investors in the first place, assured volume, products and popularity is what investor keen on. Regulation is somehow noticeable in IEOs now, it's feels like an upgrade that solves ICOs existing pitfalls but not necessarily as a launchpad. Only a few good sites that have alot of users would consider doing ICO

I am agree that IEOs is like upgraded ICOs. But if we want ICOs to survive, i think regulation needed to reducing scammers in market. Many ICOs are good and i think good ICOs will reach the target and survive in market

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: