Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:43:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it time for me to say goodbye? I have been hacked left right and center  (Read 1572 times)
qiwoman (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:56:50 AM

1. My blockchain got hacked 0.29 stolen

2. Today my Poloniex got hacked 0.12 btc stolen but not the other little coins.

3. I can't login to Cryptsy anymore and tried to get another password but it doesn't come to my email or junkmail so sent a support ticket.

4. Now I have been trying hard hatching coin 7 days a week from faucets, doing giveaways and blogging s am asking myself is it just time t say goodbye and give all this online stuff up? If I do I have no options and no hope ever to see my son again unless I win the lottery and phat chance of that happening. The last few years I have had setback after setback and tried so hard to lift my head up and fight and carry on but now I am getting to the point of just ending it all and give up.
Anyway i realize that there are ruthless people in this business and I don't know if I want to stay the course anymore.
Just hope some  miracle or inspiration comes my way to keep me motivated otherwise I will just quit as there comes a time in your life where you put your hands up and say that's enough.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mazuma

Activity: 311

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:02:26 AM

Is your password password?
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:03:20 AM

Install Linux, and have only your wallets store in Linux cold storage as well. You will no longer get hack that easily.
TheBison

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:06:21 AM

Faucets, giveaways, pay-per-post, and other "make bitcoin online" schemes aren't going to net much except in extraordinary circumstances. If you really want Bitcoin, get a job and convert some of your paycheck to Bitcoin every week.

As for the fact that you got hacked hacked 3 times... I'd recommend you do more research on how to safely store Bitcoins. There are a number of secure storage methods, and it sounds like you weren't using any of them.
skaffen

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:11:17 AM

Has your email been hacked?  Change the password on your email and your exchange accounts, don't use the same password anywhere else.

Use two-factor authentication on exchanges where available.

Use an ad-blocker on your web browser (malware can be installed through ads).  Reinstall your OS and install antivirus.  I also recommend linux, but I use windows as well.

Don't use online services to store your bitcoin.  If you do, enable two-factor authentication!

BTC: 1PwXSJnmnCMKTEw8JqtjdDVoRUhtMExiNP    XPM: ANREvGk6CJYM5YWuW3eNankjGKS1ZYmAzP
SuperZeus

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:52:36 AM

Please take the steps suggested above and look into other security measures yourself.  When you're secure post your bitcoin address some people might want to help you out.
FoBoT

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:30:02 AM

your computer is b0rked, probably a trojan
wipe it out , reinstall OS, start over
good luck
HorseCoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:48:37 AM

3. I can't login to Cryptsy anymore and tried to get another password but it doesn't come to my email or junkmail so sent a support ticket.

4. Now I have been trying hard hatching coin 7 days a week from faucets, doing giveaways and blogging s am asking myself is it just time t say goodbye and give all this online stuff up? If I do I have no options and no hope ever to see my son again unless I win the lottery and phat chance of that happening. The last few years I have had setback after setback and tried so hard to lift my head up and fight and carry on but now I am getting to the point of just ending it all and give up.
Anyway i realize that there are ruthless people in this business and I don't know if I want to stay the course anymore.
Just hope some  miracle or inspiration comes my way to keep me motivated otherwise I will just quit as there comes a time in your life where you put your hands up and say that's enough.

reported to my "refund the people" fund

true satoshi giver

2800 in savings.  u name it we'll deal             Shocked
CryptoKilla

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:03:23 AM

Well luckily the only thing you "lost" is time. Tbh just looks like a lame attempt looking for handouts. You have a gambling ad in your sig. You sure you didn't lose it gambling and are now telling a sob story in hopes to get more free coins? Instead of wasting your time all day long every day earning 4 cents worth of BTC, why don't you go get a job where you can actually support your son. You are a compulsive gambler and have a problem. Please call 1-888-ADMIT-IT . This may sound dickish but you will thank me later because it will only get worse if you don't stop. Please get some help man!

Get Free Bitcoin on Crypto Account!   24/7 CryptoCurrency Trading   ▷ Check
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:14:24 AM

Well luckily the only thing you "lost" is time. Tbh just looks like a lame attempt looking for handouts. You have a gambling ad in your sig. You sure you didn't lose it gambling and are now telling a sob story in hopes to get more free coins? Instead of wasting your time all day long every day earning 4 cents worth of BTC, why don't you go get a job where you can actually support your son. You are a compulsive gambler and have a problem. Please call 1-888-ADMIT-IT . This may sound dickish but you will thank me later because it will only get worse if you don't stop. Please get some help man!
Huh?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
HorseCoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:30:13 AM

he ain't lookin for a handout.  i got 2800+ BTC in savings in cold storage (in a cops evidence locker) that i'm gonna use for the "refund the people" fund
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:51:08 AM

he ain't lookin for a handout.  i got 2800+ BTC in savings in cold storage (in a cops evidence locker) that i'm gonna use for the "refund the people" fund
¸

Sure....

omg omg sob sob, i lost everything... refund me please, i'm people!

On a more serious note, i'd have to agree with a statement made above. 1 hour of actuall physical work (go wash some1s car) will reimburse everything you lost to the hackers
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:42:38 AM

defeat exists only when you allow it, when you choose it   Wink

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
WompRat

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:33:29 AM

I am sorry for your loss.  I spent about a week putting my wallets through multiple layers of encryption using the strongest passwords before putting the lot into cold storage and I still don't feel it is safe. You say Linux - I say GnuTLS bug, you say 2fa I say look at all the posts around here stating that their 2 factor secured accounts were hacked.  I always knew our PCs were insecure,  but I am amazed at how prolific and complex some of these hacks have become.  The only coins I keep out of cold storage now are the ones I am using like cash to spend and preferably stored in an Android Wallet where I can better control when I am online.  Bitcoin banks might be the answer in the long run, but I think we as a community need to recognise just how serious this issue is and stop blaming the victims.

IamComrade

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:34:53 AM

that's too bad
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:43:06 AM

Original poster is Mark Karpeles' wife.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:48:04 AM

I am sorry for your loss.  I spent about a week putting my wallets through multiple layers of encryption using the strongest passwords before putting the lot into cold storage and I still don't feel it is safe. You say Linux - I say GnuTLS bug, you say 2fa I say look at all the posts around here stating that their 2 factor secured accounts were hacked.  I always knew our PCs were insecure,  but I am amazed at how prolific and complex some of these hacks have become.  The only coins I keep out of cold storage now are the ones I am using like cash to spend and preferably stored in an Android Wallet where I can better control when I am online.  Bitcoin banks might be the answer in the long run, but I think we as a community need to recognise just how serious this issue is and stop blaming the victims.

I'm sure even the strongest safe can be cracked, and even the most secure system can be compromised.
The thing is, unless it's a prize worth while, noone is going to bother.

Most of the "regulars" hacks are people with stupid or common passwords, no real hacking going on.
On the other hand, as for banks and exchanges, the easiest thing is to blame hackers (yet there's no proof)

I doubt anyone would put some real cracking/brute forcing power for measly 0.5 BTC the OP claim was stolen
Abinito

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:18:04 PM

I found your first post from 15-09-2012 and wonder how you managed to end like this? I really want to know what you did during past year and a half if you want to share.

Personally i had a bit more luck obviously and realize that well. Because of that, and because of your sad story (wheter its true or not), i want to help you a little bit. Since i started trading some coins (started late 2013) i have made more good than bad choices but still have some "mistake" coins in hand. I want to send you 3m lottocoins, 20 rpc coins, 100k teslacoin and a few more i cant name right now. This would probably give you a small chance of making some money in the future but i would advice you to stop fulltime (?) timewaisting and get a job. In your case, you would have had hundreds of btc's now if you invested a few bucks back in 2012 which didn't happend. I gues because you were making wrong choices. Buy some coins now or keep the ones i will send you, find a job, and check once in a while. Thus you still have the idea you are in the game but don't loose your time with it.

I hope you can find joy in life and send the coins mentoined when you pm or post your adresses (follow the advice of others when setting up your new account so you wont get caught again!)

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 03:27:33 PM

Why not create a paper wallet using the offline method and then send and coins you get to that address. They'd be safe from hacking that way. Also, you seriously need to get your computer looked at if you're getting hacked that frequently.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:31:48 PM

Some faucet website are really sketchy, if you have to register never use the same e-mail that you use on an exchange. That's probably how you got stolen from in the first place.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: