Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:07:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam  (Read 13096 times)
Wend

Activity: 1386
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 07, 2019, 11:12:49 PM

Its true that some IEOs can turn out to be scam. Some small and unknown exchanges are at play now and they are used as the tool to scam people. These exchanges are exchanges that are not recognized locally or globally. Therefore as an IEO investor, one must be very careful of the exchanges where to take part in IEO. The solution to this is not taking part in IEOs by unknown exchanges.
Actually some Exchange related of IEO project unknown for us, Because we are only knows to those popular we always trade in the exchange site like binance, kucoin or any in top exchange. But in this IEO i'm just curious about the small exchange site are they connected so i'm hesitate to trade some of my coins on there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 07:02:28 PM

Of couse that IEOs could turn out to a scam. There is no warranty that this can´t happen. But you can reduce the risk by choosing only IEOs on reputable exchanges - Bittrex and Binance.
nothing any project are safe for investor, all of investation way must have a risk, but trying to invest in cryptocurrency like IEO give us a guarante from xchange and make this project are running as usual, and certainty will listed on market

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 07:08:40 PM

Well in a way you are right, IEOs have little tendency of becoming scams unlike ICOs. however i don't think it's the best of decisions to take the words of someone and act upon it in cryptocurrencies. It's always best to  do your own research into any project before investing into it being it an IEO or  ICO.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 08:45:29 PM

There is no doubt that IEOs could be scam. They are nothing but same as ICOs with some security and less risk factor. Cause many big names are into ieo market. But with time many IEOs partnered with many small or even medium size exchange and many of them are not legit. A project offering ieo doesn't mean that it is not a scam. So be careful alway invest in some risk less space. And always do some research on your own before investment. That's it

ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 08:58:50 PM

I think sometimes that big exchanges are capable of promoting a scam and it will get good profit to early investors. It is easy to be deceived in this space by giving investors just exactly what they want. At a point in time IEOs gimmicks will be exposed. Everyone is here to make profit, so just look for the available one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 09:21:14 PM

That's true especially when it is promoted by exchanges that are too trusted or just springing up owing to IEO hype. Also, I think a project with good intentions won't try carrying out IEO in new and untrusted exchanges. Nevertheless, irrespective of the exchange let's make it a point of importance to study every IEO thoroughly before getting involved.

moonblocks

Activity: 714

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:35:30 AM

This is good reasoning because the lower an exchange is ranked and the less reputable it is the less likely it is to be trustworthy or to be offering a product that has good potential so do ensure you are using the best launchpads and research and compare each prospectus when you evaluate these opportunities

agatha90

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 01:07:02 AM

I agree with your opinion. I left the ICO. I prefer ieo. Because basically this will provide a sense of security for investors or contributors. Because indirectly the project that can be registered for the IEO is projects that are verified by the exchange market. There is a name at stake by the exchange market to implement the IEO of a project, so this is a strong reason for investors or contributors to believe and feel safe.
princeyeboah

Merit: 14

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:11:51 AM

Of course, there is no guarantee that participating in IEOs is any different from ICOs especially when it comes to issues with scam. IEOs are only different from ICOs when it comes to organization with the sales because it is done on the exchange to enhance smooth and fast transactions. IEO can also turn out to be scam hence investors must cling to the routine personal research before investing in any project irrespective of the means chosen to perform the token sales.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
dobolspeed3

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:26:14 AM

Not all IEOs are good and provide benefits if you invest. Because projects and exchanges usually affect investors' interest to invest. So if a small exchange of course investors do not want to invest because it is very risky. Unlike the case with large exchanges.
xysheeh03

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:27:57 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2019, 03:42:31 AM by xysheeh03

Yes that's correct that some IEOs also turning out to be scam besides its not an assurance that there is no scam if the project is IEO. And also some says that IEO is just an upgrade of ICO, turning out to be simmilar but in a different ways.
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:46:12 AM

Of course, some IEO can become a scam, especially if it holded on exchanges with a bad reputation, such as Yobit.
bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:46:22 AM

To make sure you are investing on a good IEO project then you should only participate on big exchanges. Dont trust all exchange especially mid range who just release their own launchpad. Make a deep research first, on how does the project work. Indeed exchange scrutinize the legality but youre job is to secure youre own fund if you decided to invest in those IEOs.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:49:27 AM

Yes that's correct that some IEOs also turning out to be scam besides its not an assurance that there is no scam if the project is IEO. And also some says that IEO is just an upgrade of ICO, turning out to be simmilar but in a different ways.
Actually there is no guarantee that the IEO has no fraud. The IEO and ICO do have the same purpose but only different ways of selling tokens. Of the many IEOs, of course we cannot conclude that all IEOs are fraudulent. It's just that you always be careful before investing in the IEO.

maxreish

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 06:47:52 AM

I couldn't disagree that it can be the reason of scammers to enter this new project. It could be the reason for another mass fund raising. But compare with the ICO's reputation, since IEO is still new I still in doubt about it but still had a good choice if we choose IEO than ICO. Considering exchanges are the one's responsible for this project thus i don't think reputable exchanges will allow scammers to ruined their reputations.
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 07:04:31 AM

yes I agree with you, besides promoting protection scam, I also doubt the security level of a small market, you should indeed join IEO in a well-known market such as binance

thesocialyatra

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 09:59:36 AM

IEO also Scam Who Are Listed On New and Small Exchanges. I Just Believe Personally Project Which Is Listed On Big And Trusted Exchanges Like Binance Kucoin okex Are the genuine And Remember everything happen in Crytocurrency world We Cant Fully trust on Any project. So Research Carefully Before investing Any Project related to Cryto. whether Its ICO & IEO.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:19:07 AM

I agree that just the fact that it is an IEO doesn't absolutely guarantee that it's not a scam. Even those on big exchanges such as Binance could turn out to be a scam - I know it's not that likely, as the exchange is effectively staking its reputation on the project, but still, in crypto we seem to never be more than 24 hours away from a new controversy. I fully expect some scammy IEO to fool a big exchange at some point.

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:24:07 AM

Maybe some IEOs could also turn out to be scam.
But, IEOs is better than ICOs because it more safe and trusted,IMO.
Lets hope the cryptospace will be better.

And it is best to join IEOs for large exchange, to avoid unnecessary risks. Also joining Binance IEO only requires BNB hold and BNB price increase each time after the new IEO announcement
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 10:28:14 AM

I see the IEO is the current solution for new projects that want to raise funds, because so far the ICO has disappointed many investors
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: