Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:00:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some IEOs could also turn out to be scam  (Read 13096 times)
jagaban
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 8

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 11:32:45 AM

This is another reason why investors will have to be careful not to fall victim of scam IEOs. The number of smaller exchanges out there are numerous and I agree that they will be looking to cash in on any opportunity to list any kind of project without fully doing background checks and verification on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
invincible49

Activity: 565
Merit: 268

Remember who u are, what u are & who you represent

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:03:06 PM

Looks like almost all the exchanges out there have created their own launchpad and thus making every project going for IEO. Is it good than traditional ICO model? As many have said on here its understandable that unless the exchange has its own big reputation, big personalities like CZ who's shilling his own launchpad constantly, large number of traders then there's no hope of raising required funds. If succeeds then those big exchange's institutional partners can also be a good backer of the IEO projects. For reference, see what Binance or Huobi are doing to their platform's IEO projects. As far as I know it costs more than a quarter half of million dollars to do an IEO on Houbi.  The proceeding fee is even enough to tell us that scammers won't even get near to that exchange!  Cheesy

Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:04:21 PM

Definitely yes! Despite the fact that IEOs are the latest/hottest deal, there is no guarantee that all will be successful as such! We mustn't forget also that it's also people that will participate also iEOs same as the ailing ICOs.
zulfi125

Activity: 1382
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 12:28:06 PM

As you know IEO trend is growing day by day and different exchanges are offering IEO and most of project going to IEO and some of them may be scams so invest carefully.

Jatawneh

Activity: 281
Merit: 18

Arabs Bitcoin CEO

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2019, 12:32:39 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity,

I agree that good exchange will not conduct any project any how, they will make sure of the project and team legitimacy, in fact, I will not invest in any project because it is holding its IEO in strong exchange that is not enough grantee, I should do my home work and study project, team and the case use of coin before joining,    

Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 02:16:54 PM

IN either case IEO gives a certain level of legitimacy to any project because one simple reason-
any exchange which has a IEO launchpad will give a good look to project and their team before listing it , because they just dont want to help promote scams.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
malphite534

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:15:08 PM

Ofcourse yes but mot obviously scam they do and the strategy they did is they list the ieo launchpad in the cheap Exchanges that has fake volume so they will raised funds and they only list the launchpad in that Exchanges so not all ieos are legit and probably gives us benefits because the price of ieo can be dumped also but i have a potential project that can easily rise from dump after listing and this is the Dencoin tokens ao must have investments at this project.
shadowdio

Activity: 1876
Merit: 289

Zawardo

View Profile
June 10, 2019, 03:35:12 PM

yes you're right some IEOs could also turn scam, we should careful what we invest now because IEO is growing the scammers will follow the trend. I think it's better to invest which listed in known exchanges.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 02:55:55 PM

I couldn't disagree that it can be the reason of scammers to enter this new project. It could be the reason for another mass fund raising. But compare with the ICO's reputation, since IEO is still new I still in doubt about it but still had a good choice if we choose IEO than ICO. Considering exchanges are the one's responsible for this project thus i don't think reputable exchanges will allow scammers to ruined their reputations.
In IEO, you have to get an exchange to sell your tokens and raise funds for you. So if an exchange out there is a scam and dubious exchange, it will conduct an IEO which will be scam and will take people’s money but it is just not possible and scammer would try to look for something easy than going through such a tedious scamming activities. In other words, it is not possible.
sky_Gritzz

Activity: 402
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 02:57:45 PM

Not all IEOs are good and provide benefits if you invest. Because projects and exchanges usually affect investors' interest to invest. So if a small exchange of course investors do not want to invest because it is very risky. Unlike the case with large exchanges.
yeah that's why small exchange are not recomended to investor investing their money, even their fund are escrowed by exchange but the project is not guarante are ended successfully

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
Dpat
Copper Member

Activity: 798
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 03:03:24 PM

Very few IEOs are scam maybe 0.5%. But, not like the ICOs. In 2018 there are many ICOs were fake and scam but now the IEO evolved because of this habit of the ICOs. The first IEO that came was in 2017 that is EON coin. Looking at the fake percentage we can even trust the IEOs more than ever.
BossJames042

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 03:22:20 PM

To a large extent I share your analysis, but that is not to say that we may not have one or two projects who may capitalise on this perceived positives or strengths of established exchanges or top exchanges as you may call it, and float scam projects. We never can tell, so in as much as the incidences of scam IEO projects might be reduced on top exchanges like binance etc, we cannot totally rule them out.
Aqcizromencez

Activity: 486
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 03:28:39 PM

maybe the risk is smaller when compared to ICO and we still have to be careful and choose a big exchange and research the project as well as possible before investing, because where there is an opportunity, the fraudsters will try to enter.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Broiler78
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 04:05:58 PM

at the moment I have not found a scam IEO, but IEOs that have not reached my target often see it and as a result the price is getting cheaper. maybe the IEO like that lack of investors and also the team lacks experience in their field.

✦✦✦✦ Refine Medium
✦✦✦✦
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ BUY TOKEN !!! Join ICO
◆ ◆ ◆ ◆
✓ ──────── Whitepaper
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
Linkedin ──────── ✓
motienvolam

Activity: 291
Merit: 20

I love my wife and my little girl

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 04:13:38 PM

Scam is unavoidable and essential parts of human life, as well as in crypto, so we should face with scams by preparing ourselves enough knowledge, skills, and emotional control in order to avoid investment mistakes in scam projects. For now, to avoid invest in scam IEOs. It's hard to generalize all things, but in another topic, I thought that I raised basic steps to avoid potential scam IEOs. The more careful steps we do before investing, the less odds to invest in scam IEOs.
IEO is another risky trend in crypto, after ICO trend in 2017. IMO, to invest in IEOs, if you want, you should take into consideration some following factors of exchanges that run their IEOs:
- Reliability due to their history till the open of their IEOs. Young exchanges don't have long history enough to assess their reliability.
- Total volume of exchange. High or medium volume is good enough.
- Past initiatives of exchange's CEO and team. How fast they response to hot trends in crypto, and how they lead the crypto trends (like Binance did many times)
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
June 11, 2019, 05:10:45 PM

looking for a pretty good project and the possibility of success is indeed quite easy through investing in the IEO, we must look for a good, large and trusted exchange, we will invest in the IEO project that works with it, but this is your choice and not a suggestion.
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 08:33:53 PM

Scam is unavoidable in all spheres of our life so we need to prepare psychology in order to face scams. So far I think IEOs haven't reported any incidence of scam yet unlike ICOs time.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
odukoyaewatomi27

Activity: 536
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:10:45 PM

I think the main reason why IEO are gaining investors is because it is more safer and less prone to scam like ICOs. Exchanges guarantees the legality of these projects, and it is reputable exchanges that can be trusted with that because they have their integrity at stake if they promote scam IEOs, but small and new exchanges might be compromised if they get huge money offer from the scammers.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:34:18 PM

Imagine Binance or any top exchange conducting a scam project, it will jeopardize their integrity,

I agree that good exchange will not conduct any project any how, they will make sure of the project and team legitimacy, in fact, I will not invest in any project because it is holding its IEO in strong exchange that is not enough grantee, I should do my home work and study project, team and the case use of coin before joining,    

You are very right with your perspective regarding IEOs.
An IEO in famous exchange does not guarantee that you will not have losses with your investments.
For instance, just because it is under BNB or Bittrex, you will not do your own investigation of the project you want to invest with.
For your investment's sake, you should also diligently study the project and not totally rely on the reputation of the exchange.
I have seen projects that decline its value even if their IEO was launched in BNB.
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 10:56:29 PM

you made a good point there. most New exchanges are after the money. that is why they conduct IEO multiple times. one exchange conducted an IEO of a project without clearly verifying the identity of the project owners. it is a clear sign of money been paid to avoid much attention. any exchange that happen to be a victim wil not only damage its reputation but might loose all his customers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: