Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:25:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust flags  (Read 12747 times)
Lafu
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 3045

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:54:12 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (2)

So how should we doing it with som kind of the " Fake Ann creators " that posting links to there Malware Software in there text ?
For sure " Hit the Report to Moderator button " but sometimes it takes a while if they get deleted or the Users nuked.
There was a punch of it the last weekend and last week and i reported them , but in the time of my reports i have done there was some Users that have written in there Anns
and also they was on the way to download from there Links and they just dont do it because i tagged them and posted in there Ann with some message whats about going on !
Should we doing a flag about them too or not ?
And if we doing that it needs 3 others that it will be showing on there profil that there is something wrong with the Account so they see the warning !
The -1 in orange color dosnt help realy in that case in my opinion.

Any ideas from others how we schould handle that ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 03:55:47 PM

So how should we doing it with som kind of the " Fake Ann creators " that posting links to there Malware Software in there text ?
Were you a victim of this malware? If not, you can't create the flag. You need to get someone who actually got harmed to do it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
otrkid1970

Activity: 270
Merit: 17

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 03:59:44 PM

This is a great system for numerous reasons but best of all Lauda got knocked off her/his high horse. Ahahaha
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 04:00:33 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (1)

Create a newbie flag (yellow box) and if you're in DT then it will be shown to guests/newbies immediately.
VyachikO

Activity: 199
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:00:48 PM

Please tell me. If I created a flag, can I remove it or not? And if not, who can remove it?
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 04:01:42 PM

Please tell me if I created a flag, can I remove it or not? And if not, who can remove it?

Flags can't be removed (I guess admin can do it in exceptional cases). You can withdraw your support though.
Lafu
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:02:57 PM

Were you a victim of this malware? If not, you can't create the flag. You need to get someone who actually got harmed to do it.

So with the Flag system the chance is bigger now that other users will be a victim of the Malware links , because we cant tagg them so others see the warning for it  !
Sounds linke a step back in this case !

Would be good to know how we can do this for that things !

To answer your question no i wasnt a victim about that links , but i look and search for them and try to warn other users that they dont get into this trap download links!

Create a newbie flag (yellow box) and if you're in DT then it will be shown to guests/newbies immediately.

Thanks so i will doing that in that cases if there is something like that !

sandy-is-fine
Legendary

Activity: 1921
Merit: 1230

AKA Ms-overzealous-condecsending-explitive-account

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:03:45 PM

A new user logging on is going to need a 4yr college degree to  figure out what all the =+#-1=2 mean.  I REALLY think this has been overthought and overly complicated especially for someone just logging in to buy a fake gift card from a scammer who they found on Google. Cheesy  IMO only (no personal offense intended to anyone) I think this is a mistake.  The ONLY people who will benefit from this are the scammers.

LOL says someone who obviously does not have a college degree.

They don't need to know that that score means because it means NOTHING.

Only a flag would be important to them for buying their gift card. Then they will get a red warning to help them.

The only people who will benefit are THE ENTIRE BOARD that are not scammers. Well done sandy.

If they need to study another 4 years to read some feedback they are like unable to operate a gift card.

Yea, it was so long ago (1969) that I lost it all because of the drugs and free sex during "the summer of love."  I guess that does qualify as not having one.  My better half agrees after all these years.  Never thought I'd make it to my 50th reunion (or 50th anniv) but I did but my brain is still pretty fried.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

As Vinnie Barbarino /John Travolta said:  "I'm sooooooo confused."    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfGzyKRJSuA
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 04:05:34 PM
Merited by sandy-is-fine (1)

So with the Flag system the chance is bigger now that other users will be a victim of the Malware links , because we cant tagg them so others see the warning for it  !
Sounds linke a step back in this case !
No red on someone until: a) He's already finished his scamming. b) The victim comes out forward and creates the flag. Even if everyone is 100% sure that the user will scam, the best that you can do is yellow. This system actually incentivizes one-account-one-scam and de-incentivizes leaving support as you risk getting blacklisted.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
VyachikO

Activity: 199
Merit: 62

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:12:21 PM

Please tell me if I created a flag, can I remove it or not? And if not, who can remove it?

Flags can't be removed (I guess admin can do it in exceptional cases). You can withdraw your support though.

If they can not be removed, then we can get to the point that the inscription on the inactive flag will be for everyone.
The-One-Above-All

Activity: 252
Merit: 56

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:17:54 PM

Have another try fool.

Now you are a celebrity. Your trust profile is posted in the warning thread for beginners.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5153576.msg51442422#msg51442422

So you are NOT ABLE to demonstrate any instances of scamming but wish to tell lies and make up stories. Sounds like fun you are having there.

Even beginners are likely not as low functioning as you and will research the feedback themselves.

Moronpigschnoz - lol - come at me bro.

We asked you to present a specific instance of scamming. YOU FAILED. Well done you're a FAILURE. Keep going though, it is amusing. We like attention, keep bringing it our way. nom nom nom.

Now enough derailing. We want to talk about the new transparent and much fairer trust system that has been introduced. No listen to your crying, lying and trolling.

@bones if people are not smart enough to be cautious with a brand new account what do you suggest? sorry, i thought you were talking about someone with a scam flag.

anyway what do you mean if can you provide an example of what you are envisioning?

a newbie comes into a thread they did not start and does what exactly. Describe the exact scenario so we can see what you are talking about. Do you mean a newbie comes to the thread that is not previously flagged a scammer but has some negative remarks? and makes some 10 bucks for 500 bucks gift card offer? or something else?

I mean obviously a lot of 2 bit scammers and chancers are going to need flags added where there is a clear case of scamming, but then again FFS if you are a member here handing over bitcoins do some of your OWN DD read the feedback also.

As I have said we have to balance the lowest functioning and most greedy losing some micro btc dust against the entire boards free speech being eroded.  Any problems that pop up are NOT theymos's fault here. THIS IS DUE TO PEOPLE TRUST ABUSING AND CREATING THE NEED FOR CHANGE.

People do need to be forced to do their OWN research before throwing their btc at strangers on the internets. I mean they are aware btc is not reversible right?

Even where there is a loss of 2 and a gain of 200 . You still gained 198 net right. We are all clear on this.

If someone wants to risk their 20 bucks bitcoin to get a 500 bucks amazon gift card from a newbie account, then that is there choice. That was their parents job to tell them that is a risky proposition. I don't feel the entire boards free speech and ability to present observable instances without fear of their account being ruined is a fair price to pay, by any stretch of the imagination.

Actually it is NOT just laudas fault it is your fault bones, it is suchmoons fault it is every DT that did not reverse blatant abuse that had nothing to do with being a scammer. If you had all used the trust system as he initially designed it then it would not have required changes. You were ALL told it was for scammers and those you could provide STRONG case were scammers or intending to scam. None of you listened and continued to brand anyone as scammers for any reason you liked or supported those that were doing so. No person stood against them. Except once ACTMYNAME who is more reasonable although he does selectively like to lecture people who are not gang members and ignore their very same behaviors from gang members,  and at least he does remain civil most of the time. Mikeywith also did try to be as fair as he could without putting his own account up for enemy status. You bones were not the worst, but still it was quite clear you were not going to reverse any of the blatant abuse.

Now the changes are here make sure you all use this system as theymos  has told you it is to be used or get blacklisted. Simple.

LOOK at lafu here crying -- FORGETS TO MENTION the old system didn't just stop the HUGE EXIT SCAM from cryptopia did, it you insider weasel. Where was the old system there??? THE BIGGEST AND BEST SCAMS WILL NEVER GIVE YOU A WARNING BEFORE THEY GO.  They directly or indirectly use the trust system to SCAM BIGGER.

Lafu worked with cryptopia -- where were your warning flags for that exit scam Huh. Perhaps people trusted cryptopia because you had it in your sig mr DT1  I want to warn people about scammer and scams. LOL. Perhaps the trust system of any kind INCREASES the chances for BIG SCAMS?

The old system never stopped the BIG SCAMS so stop pretending it did.

The BIGGEST scams here are the convincing ALTS with whitepapers 99.99% of this board don't understand. They will all erode to dust and be forgotten after sucking BILLIONS of dollars from average joes here. Stop worrying about mr $500 bucks gift cards for 20 bucks. Focus on the HUGE scams that are ruining 1000's of investors at a time and spoiling the entire crypto environment.  They can be tackled on thread or with the use of other threads.

mosprognoz

Activity: 868
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:26:26 PM

YOU FAILED

Sorry dude, I forgot to add a typical scammers profile example. Edited. Now you are a super celeb.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5153576.msg51442422#msg51442422

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:29:45 PM

@bones if people are not smart enough to be cautious with a brand new account what do you suggest? sorry, i thought you were talking about someone with a scam flag.

anyway what do you mean if can you provide an example of what you are envisioning?

a newbie comes into a thread they did not start and does what exactly. Describe the exact scenario so we can see what you are talking about. Do you mean a newbie comes to the thread that is not previously flagged a scammer but has some negative remarks? and makes some 10 bucks for 500 bucks gift card offer? or something else

I suggest the newbie-flag barks just a little louder. Having a # +0 / =0 / -2 seems a bit tame.   I was going to give an example of this person that I tagged, today. iramsarwar. However, it appears that he just got nuked.  Cheesy

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 04:30:22 PM

If they can not be removed, then we can get to the point that the inscription on the inactive flag will be for everyone.

Possibly. Just like many active users have some non-trusted feedback ratings that don't mean anything. Inactive flags are buried even deeper so it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Lafu
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 04:34:25 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2019, 09:01:07 PM by Lafu

~~~~

Blah Blah .....  Blah everytime the same Story CH.

You should going again outside to get some fresh Air , maybe you will be feeling better after that .

You know nothing  , i never worked with or for Cryptopia or was employed there .
I also was an victim and lost there. But you can write that all in there thread there .

I was only asking how to handle that things of case with malware links , sry i forgot that you just can thing back 30 seconds in the past !

The taggs i have done on the Malware shit posting links Gang was just for warning other users so they dont get damaged .

In that time i have done this , you just was crying about anything .

Again a waste of time to write to you , and welcome again on my ignore list !

Cheers

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 06:04:15 PM

2. Warning newbies/guests who don't know how to research properly about high-risk people.

Theymos, I mentioned this a few times in the past.

Using the following random (seriously, truly random; don't know the guy) user as an example - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1980983 - NONE of the red or black Trust feedbacks are indexed by Google or any other search engine. In fact, one must be logged in on BCT to view the feedbacks.

So for the crypto community at large, truly major scammers weeded out on BCT go unnoticed on the rest of the Net.

Thanks in advance, theymos, for seeing what you can do to rectify this situation.

Bruno (one of crypto's top ten scammy asses)
Lafu
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 06:30:16 PM

@theymos

Is it possible to get some Page Numbers on the Feedback pages ?

Something like this here :

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
June 12, 2019, 06:42:12 PM
Merited by Lafu (1)

@theymos

Is it possible to get some Page Numbers on the Feedback pages ?

Something like this here :

@Hhampuz  already asked this, most probably it will be implemented.

Could we get page numbers as on boards/in PM's so I can jump to a specific page rather than just "Next"?

Not a big deal though.
irfan_pak10
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1650

Sugars.zone

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 06:57:00 PM

I like it, It's simple and easy to understand.  Cool

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2019, 07:12:31 PM

2. Warning newbies/guests who don't know how to research properly about high-risk people.

Theymos, I mentioned this a few times in the past.

Using the following random (seriously, truly random; don't know the guy) user as an example - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=1980983 - NONE of the red or black Trust feedbacks are indexed by Google or any other search engine. In fact, one must be logged in on BCT to view the feedbacks.

So for the crypto community at large, truly major scammers weeded out on BCT go unnoticed on the rest of the Net.

Thanks in advance, theymos, for seeing what you can do to rectify this situation.

Bruno (one of crypto's top ten scammy asses)

How 'bout an non-random example ...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=8198

"Hello, beloved crypto community. I'm Josh Zerlan, better known as Inaba on BitcoinTalk. Feel free to search Google for "Inaba", whereupon you'll be hard-pressed to find any nefarious activities in my name. In closing, Sonny and I are getting the Butterfly Labs Band back together."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: