Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:18:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook Cryptocurrency  (Read 10234 times)
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:14:12 PM

I dont think it will hurt BTC maybe xrp but its a big promotion for crypto and BTC so i think Libra just is another step of adoption and as i understand its a very big step for BTC and hole crypto market as after that billions would know about this.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2019, 07:27:45 PM

The threat is just the privacy issue for the fact that facebook has done it before. For someone with a ton of money in crypto would be threatened to come to the platform because browsers are used to collect data. Libra can help the crypto market, this is true amazing for crypto users. With the billions of users, this price spikes today I think is because the announcement of facebook.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 05:41:59 PM

The threat is just the privacy issue for the fact that facebook has done it before. For someone with a ton of money in crypto would be threatened to come to the platform because browsers are used to collect data. Libra can help the crypto market, this is true amazing for crypto users. With the billions of users, this price spikes today I think is because the announcement of facebook.

That's certainly true, mate. For this very reason, some people are afraid that Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency will turn into a "Honeypot" for the government. Transactions would be easily viewable across the digital ledger controlled by Facebook itself. Whenever such transactions meet the requirements of the government (and Facebook itself), they will become accepted in the ledger. Otherwise, your account could be easily frozen or detained by centralized entities. Which means, no one is safe even if you have nothing to hide.

In contrast, popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum are free and open to anyone worldwide. There's no middleman or central authority keeping track of your transactions across the Blockchain, giving them control over which transactions are accepted and which are rejected. Of course, Bitcoin and Ethereum are still transparent by design. But, having no single entity in charge is a plus as it prevents transactions from being rejected or seized by third-parties.

What really matters here is censorship-resistance and decentralization. Most people don't seem to care about this, since they're only into crypto for the money. But once they realize that Libra is just another banking system, they'll truly grasp the benefits of alternative blockchains we know and love today. Personally, I see Libra as a main trigger for the adoption of crypto and Blockchain technology worldwide. It could bring lots of investors into it, allowing prices to skyrocket within a short time frame. This makes a great opportunity to earn profit from Libra during its early days. But, I wouldn't recommend using it as a serious cryptocurrency because of the reasons mentioned earlier.

Nonetheless, if Libra's launch becomes a success, then Blockchain would've finally become adopted by the mainstream world. However, considering that most governments and central banks have been against Libra, it's very unlikely that it'll be able to survive anytime soon. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
other_side

Activity: 285
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 07:15:41 PM

For small investors like us, I think I should forget Libra because it's a big investor's coin. It is still not our turn to participate in that pie
Mia44

Activity: 412
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 11:38:02 PM

LIBRA coins will not affect bitcoin or altcoin because coin LIBRA will be planned to be stable coins like usdt so don't expect coin LIBRA to go up and down like other coins

coinsycrip09

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 01:19:34 AM

your determination is very good, make sure you think about it well before buying FB coin Libra.
i hope you will get the benefits that you expect.

i think the FB coin Libra is not a threat to other coins especially for BTC.
silver23

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 01:58:37 AM

Did you really believe with LIBRA the Facebook coin.
You must look how response of master cryptocurrency, they said if Libra is not good and have a negative response from cryptocurrency community.
So i don't believe with it, i keep on my own.
Fundamentals Of

Activity: 2310
Merit: 366

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 02:32:14 AM

I am determined to buy FB coin Libra even though it is not available yet. I hope it is available on exchanges where i can buy easily.

Will it be a threat to BTC and other altcoins? I am afraid that the prices of BTC and other altcoins will go down. It makes me hesitate to buy some currencies like TRX currently.

Store Bitcoin and altcoins in your crypto wallet but never Libra. Well, what are you up to with Libra? It is nothing but a digital dollar. Meaning to say, it is not really something we can take profit from. You are terribly wrong if you think Libra will threaten Bitcoin and top altcoins. It will not threat them even a little. On the contrary, it helps them gain attention and support.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 03:30:02 AM

I am determined to buy FB coin Libra even though it is not available yet. I hope it is available on exchanges where i can buy easily.

Will it be a threat to BTC and other altcoins? I am afraid that the prices of BTC and other altcoins will go down. It makes me hesitate to buy some currencies like TRX currently.

There are so many threads about this Facebook coin, and people are very eager to get a hodl on it, but I believe they will hold a private sale first before opening it to the general public because everybody will know this and I don't think it is going to be a threat to Bitcoin maybe for other currency it is, but not with Bitcoin.

Malsetid

Activity: 924
Merit: 502

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 10, 2019, 04:03:31 AM

There are so many threads about this Facebook coin, and people are very eager to get a hodl on it, but I believe they will hold a private sale first before opening it to the general public because everybody will know this and I don't think it is going to be a threat to Bitcoin maybe for other currency it is, but not with Bitcoin.

Too much hype on libra. I don't think it'll be like what people think it'll be when it gets oficially released. Like all other alts, it's movement will swat depending on how bitcoin moves. And don't worry about other alts getting rekt right now. I just bought myslef a couple of trx and btt while they're dropping. That's just how it should be. Eventually bitcoin will slow down and alts will recover.

▄▄██████▄▄                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
        ▄██████████████▄           ▄▄███████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████▄       ▄████████████████████▄
     █████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄   ▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
   ███████▀        ▀█████▀ ▄███████████▀       ▀████████
  ▄█▄█████▀           ▀█▀ ▄███████████▀          ▀███████▌
▄█████▄███              ▄███████████▀             ███████▌
  ▀█▀█████▄           ▄███████████▀ ▄▄           ▄███████▌
   ███████▄        ▄███████████▀ ▄████▄        ▄████████
     █████████▄▄▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████████
      ▀████████████████████▀     ▀████████████████████▀
       ▀███████████████▀▀         ▀████████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀▀
.CryptoMania.            ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▐██████████▄▄██▌
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████████████▄▄ ████████████  ▄█████████████▄▄
▐███████████▌  █████████▀█████████
 ██▀▀ ██████ ▄████████▌▀▀ ▄███████▌
     ██████▐█████████  ▄███████▀▀
    ▐█████████████████▄███████
    ████████████████████████
    ▐████████████████████████
   ▄███▄▐███  ▄█████▄███████▄███▄
  ▐██ ██▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███ ▐██ ██
   ▀███▄▐███ ▐███ ███▌ ███  ▀███▄
   ██▄█▀▐█████▀█████▀  ███  ██▄█▀

.The Real Slots.........
.Experience on-chain.

$

$
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:00:17 PM

Too much hype on libra. I don't think it'll be like what people think it'll be when it gets oficially released. Like all other alts, it's movement will swat depending on how bitcoin moves. And don't worry about other alts getting rekt right now. I just bought myslef a couple of trx and btt while they're dropping. That's just how it should be. Eventually bitcoin will slow down and alts will recover.

Agree. Libra's current situation looks very similar to Zcash before its launch. So many people were hyped with its revolutionary technology, that it was all over the news. Within the first day of launch, 1 ZEC was worth thousands of dollars (USD). A few years later, and now ZEC is left behind for the next big thing in crypto as its prices are way low than it used to be. The same thing could happen with Facebook's Libra coin, where prices could skyrocket within the short time frame as a result of hype.

Once that's over, then expect Libra to massively decline in popularity across the mainstream world. Despite how revolutionary Libra claims to be, it'll never overcome well-established cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. It's extremely centralized, yet another banking system where only a single entity is in charge of everything. That's not the purpose why Blockchain was designed for in the first place. Which is why, Facebook's cryptocurrency would be more of a failure than a success within a year from now. Just my thoughts Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:17:03 PM

I read this article which I found an interesting thought about Facebook creating a closed-loop revenue model https://elixxir.io/blog/is-libra-the-future-anyone-wants

Is this even possible?
gunhell16

Activity: 1680
Merit: 475

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 07:19:57 PM

I have heard that facebook will have a project so it's likely to say that many will be interested in the facebook crypto project and I'm sure many investors will invest in facebook ieo.

There will be huge number of investors and supporters for this as FAcebook is a good company and well known.
IEO is not an option for them as they will pay for the exchange to take place the sale. I think LIBRA or FBcoin will go just ICO.
It will be a moving coin though as it will be use on FACEBOOK ((just thoughts)

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 02:55:30 AM

There will be huge number of investors and supporters for this as FAcebook is a good company and well known.
IEO is not an option for them as they will pay for the exchange to take place the sale. I think LIBRA or FBcoin will go just ICO.
It will be a moving coin though as it will be use on FACEBOOK ((just thoughts)

If all goes well for Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency (in terms of regulatory compliance), then it may very well launch it's own ICO instead of an IEO. Facebook is still a trusted company worldwide, despite the latest privacy scandals. The inception of the Libra blockchain will greatly transform our economy in many ways that were never thought possible before. While it's going to be extremely centralized, and audited by the government, it will serve well as an alternative to physical cash (Fiat).

However, Libra will never threaten the existence of popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum since it's a completely different thing. It's like comparing apples vs oranges. Libra will become the world's next-generation Fiat (if approved by governments worldwide), while cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum will become the alternative money for the people. Being centralized has its benefits such as lower fees and higher speeds, but it lacks censorship-resistance and resilience. On the other hand, decentralization solves these problems but it's unable to process transactions at high speeds while maintaining costs as low as possible.

Nonetheless, Facebook's cryptocurrency will bring a greater level of Blockchain adoption among people in the mainstream world. Of course, it'll need to have the approval of worldwide governments in order to become a success. Otherwise, it'll become vaporware over time. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 03:29:31 AM

I am interested too on this Facebook Libra coin. But of course, I will wait until it is already available. This is just a strong proof that more and more people or groups accepted cryptocurrency.

It is not a threat to BTC or other altcoins instead a helping factor for the awareness of people around the world because social media specifically facebook have millions of followers and users. Facebook Cryptocurrency will be another breakthrough in the history of Crypto.
Abiky
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 03:42:28 PM

I am interested too on this Facebook Libra coin. But of course, I will wait until it is already available. This is just a strong proof that more and more people or groups accepted cryptocurrency.

It is not a threat to BTC or other altcoins instead a helping factor for the awareness of people around the world because social media specifically facebook have millions of followers and users. Facebook Cryptocurrency will be another breakthrough in the history of Crypto.

I would invest into Facebook's cryptocurrency too, as I believe that it will gather lots of attention within the mainstream world at launch. But as a real currency for daily payments, I wouldn't recommend using it since Facebook is well-known to invade people's privacy. Libra will never become a threat to already established cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum since it's completely centralized. Facebook's cryptocurrency will look more like another central bank, than real a crypto with a permission-less Blockchain.

Which is why, it's no secret that Libra will behave the same way as Ripple's XRP. By sacrificing decentralization and censorship-resistance, Libra will be able to obtain massive transactions per second (TPS) and very low fees. Because of these "benefits", people might tend to use Libra more than Bitcoin or any other altcoin within the mainstream world. Despite this, the future of Libra is uncertain, as regulators are questioning its legitimacy.

Which is why, Libra could either fail altogether or become successful enough to drive Blockchain technology towards massive adoption within the mainstream world. Just my opinion Smiley

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
coloseum

Activity: 219

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 04:15:50 PM

I would invest into Facebook's cryptocurrency too, as I believe that it will gather lots of attention within the mainstream world at launch..
Attention is not enough to help coins have good price at starts and remain good price over time. Libra as whitepaper shows, is a stable coin. Hence, I dout that there are considerable benefits by invest in stable coins, not only Libra.
globalking
Copper Member

Activity: 644
Merit: 0

POINTPAY

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2019, 06:36:37 PM

from the bigning, I don't like any cryptocurrency which is centralized form whether it be facebook or any big reputed company.

🏦 PointPay 🏦 - Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ROUND 1 LIVE   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ANN    Whitepaper    Ecosystem    Medium    Twitter    Telegram    Facebook
UniversityCoin

Activity: 714
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 22, 2019, 08:23:21 PM

Facebook behaves like a whore. I still remember those times when they blocked any advertising of new crypto projects and spoke of cryptocurrencies as fraudsters. And what we see is that Facebook is now creating its own coin. What happened?
coloseum

Activity: 219

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 07:49:48 AM

Facebook behaves like a whore. I still remember those times when they blocked any advertising of new crypto projects and spoke of cryptocurrencies as fraudsters. And what we see is that Facebook is now creating its own coin. What happened?
Things can be changed over time, in reality. There are so many times bitcoin called as a fraud, but over time, by now, there are more people accepted it. It is the same for crypto currencies. Jamie Dimon, CEO of JP Morgan, and John McAfeee have all done the same things. They all changed their minds and accept bitcoin as well as crypto currencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: