Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:13:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcointa.lk, the Bitcointalk community with a 2014 forum software  (Read 20729 times)
bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 04:23:33 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to theymos for having decided to ban our crawler twice during the last 12 hours.

Thank you, theymos.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #zVLYbY4xqc1tjOKy

Can't say I'm that surprised, but it's a shame to see such a good project be hamstrung.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

I just wanted to say thank you to theymos for having decided to ban our crawler twice during the last 12 hours.

Thank you, theymos.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #zVLYbY4xqc1tjOKy

Maybe make it request every 5 seconds?

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:58:54 PM

It looks like that the bans are automatic, and that something changed yesterday that broke the crawlers that were working fine since a month.
If that is the case, there won't be any problem but a momentary one Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #cRv7AQPa5tFOaBz5

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:30:45 PM

Is there a way to import my Watchlist to Bitcointa.lk?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:35:15 PM

No, but expect it soon (1 day).

If you visit the "browser extension" page with the browser extension installed you will see a list of things you can import, such as like your ignored users, watchlist, etc. I was lazy so i only coded the interface and the browser extension part of it. I still have to code my server side.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #jNWlq7lTM2DDfVAh

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:17:20 PM

Wow, this is really great! Grin
I'd be happy to help texture the forum, and including historical posts (back to 2009) would be pretty cool!
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:21:58 PM

I'd be happy to help texture the forum, and including historical posts (back to 2009) would be pretty cool!
Do you mean something like the first thread satoshi did in this forum? Smiley

I have to admit that it was interesting to see it while the posts were being downloaded chronologically.

It would be awesome to have a "wayback machine" feature to show for example what the forum was talking about the first of april 2010

Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #rYwUGDDlNUSTXDKj

Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:33:05 PM

Do you mean something like the first thread satoshi did in this forum? Smiley

I have to admit that it was interesting to see it while the posts were being downloaded chronologically.

It would be awesome to have a "wayback machine" feature to show for example what the forum was talking about the first of april 2010

Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #rYwUGDDlNUSTXDKj
Oh.. Lol...

By that feature you mean show posts in order by last updated up until a certain date, as they'd have appeared live at that time? Because that's something I'd also love to see. Wink
abacus

Activity: 618

a clockwork miner

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 07:54:57 AM

As of now, nothing happens. The post is downloaded a few seconds after the first time it's posted here on Bitcointalk.org (almost in real time) and is never updated.
Since that it's a feature that everyone is asking for, i'm working on an intelligent way to update those posts.

However, it won't delete them from public view completely. There will be some fancy way of noting that the post was removed from Bitcointalk.org, but it will be completely visible. The same goes for post history; it will be publicly available.

For example, HashFast decided to self-moderate their last thread. The Bitcointalk.org version has 247 replies, Bitcointa.lk has 455 (!!!).
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #ZbdBYzaDJND7WAek

Indeed, a member is using bitcointa.lk to show proofs of delete messages here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=548245.msg5971689#msg5971689

BTW, nice service, thank you Cedivad!
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 12:06:21 PM

This is very difficult to get my head around all this. Theymos, with enough bitcoin to equal I think in the millions of dollars has asked for help on creating new software and updated the database. Then for whatever reason, just sat on it and did nothing about it. Literally years went by with many offers to create not only a custom forum but a brand new one. One that was never used before. Funds was not the problem, but unfortunately I think greed got in the way and he couldn't part with 1 bitcoin. My guess, is soon as you start to get donations, more and more donations and theymos hears about this your crawlers will be shut down %100. This forum is a money making honey hole for the site operator that refuses to update the forum software.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:27:40 PM

Theymos seems to act respectfully for now. Sure, he is a bit upset for the crawlers, but who wouldn't?
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/bitcointa-lk-what-is-it.288458/page-2#post-5642191
I'm monitoring the requests/second and i'm trying to optimise it, to see if i can make space to sync removed/modified posts as well.

I don't plan on starting to accept donations, but i would like to code an advertising system and launch it when we reach 10k pageviews per day Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #k3E7QDUZNR74h8wh

Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:06:55 PM

Feature request: a link to the original thread/post on this site, when it exists.

(I understand that all threads here get replicated there but the inverse is not possible, is it right?)

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:12:12 PM

It is possible. But i don't want to put a link every page.
We can do something like:
https://bitcointa.lk/threads/bitcointa-lk-the-bitcointalk-community-with-a-2014-forum-software.281718/page-3#post-5710434
=>
https://bitcointa.lk/org/threads/bitcointa-lk-the-bitcointalk-community-with-a-2014-forum-software.281718/page-3#post-5710434
Redirecting to .org
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #fnnucySVyM46T3Je

Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 09:17:15 PM

It is possible. But i don't want to put a link every page.
We can do something like:
https://bitcointa.lk/org/threads/bitcointa-lk-the-bitcointalk-community-with-a-2014-forum-software.281718/page-3#post-5710434
Redirecting to .org

That would be nice, and I don't see the problem of having a link in every page.

Other problems I'm seeing for example going to https://bitcointa.lk/index.php?topic=549112.0 :

- text inside <pre> tags does not get correctly rendered

- the breadcrumbs (path to forums) should be:
Bitcoin Forum > Other > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Why Bitcoin Could be Beat.
while on bitcointa.lk I see:
Home Forums > Bitcoin > Bitcoin Discussion >

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:23:06 PM

1) pre: the guy posted raw html content and later converted it to bbcode, however the edits weren't imported on bitcointa.lk because of the robot access speed limitations theymos is imposing. I will get around it.
2) the thread was initially posted on Bitcoin Discussion and later moved to Alt. Cc. The crawler uses the original forum. (another thing to fix).
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #waDddtlF35ojJRCQ

Atruk

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 01:09:09 AM

This new place already feels so much better.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #NtHShqY5lftRVd8N

cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2014, 08:12:04 PM

And we are now at 100 linked users in 20 days. Awesome! Smiley
I will have some time to work on this project starting on the 10th of April (by some time i really mean "some" time). If you have some important feature you would like to be added, apart from the bugs described above, let me know Smiley
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #12BJ7U9ZZPiHavIn

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:36:42 AM

I've spent most of my free time since when i woke up with the news spreading of the closure of MtGox on a project for an alternative forum. So, here it is.

This is neat did not notice this was around until Friedcat made a post then deleted it so I thought it was just an archive site and not a renovated 2.0 forum now I look forward to seeing it grow

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:47:34 PM

I have a problem when trying to install the extension.

Some days ago I linked my account, but just today I installed the Chrome extension. Then I went to https://bitcointa.lk/pages/browser-extension/, but it says
Extension Error: Account not liked. Refresh
Clicking Refresh does nothing.

When I try to link my account again, it says that
This username is already linked. We don't allow it to be linked twice.
which makes sense.

I'm doing all this logged in as R2D221 in bitcointa.lk (I can be sure because I can see my name in the top right corner, and my photo in the menu that pops).

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
cedivad (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:57:38 PM

It's a cache error.

#1 try to click "Refresh" a few times, until the text changes to "loading". If it does and you are logged in on Bitcointalk.org/lk, the error should disappear.
#2 always while logged in, disable and re enable the extension.

I'm sorry for this problem. The project is growing and i should use more time improving it.
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #R33F1rPWZGvuWFqv

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: