Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Savings Vs Investment?  (Read 7185 times)
gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 10:17:09 PM

Depending on the type of person, there are those who prefer saving because it is safe, while investing has risks.
I have started investing because it's better than saving in my opinion. Because some people think investing is a gamble / high risk.
maybe with a little education people will understand what an investment is, not all investments are profitable but it's better than accumulating your money and the amount is reduced because of inflation.

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
October 01, 2019, 11:42:26 PM

I think it is wiser to have both savings and investment. However, when investig you should have an idea about it because there is a risk. Some people jump into crypto due to FOMO and would even use their savings, which is not a good idea. Investment is effective if you are aware of the risk of what you are investing into, that way you will know the steps that you should take to be able to gain more.

owengtam09

Activity: 1330
Merit: 248

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 12:51:56 AM

The traditional norms made us believe that savings are a safe option to store your wealth.
But is it true now?
With inflation, we all know that the prices of the wealth we have kept in our savings account will decrease. What is the use of saving when ultimately we are not even able to enjoy what we have been saving for years?
The smarter option?
Investment! Investment is not gambling if done rightly. Very often we see people not putting too much effort into learning and jumping into FOMO. They don’t have enough guidance that will help them to invest better.
Investment is also risky just like gambling, but once you invested in a trusted one then I think it will become safe. Some investment is risky just like when we invested with bitcoin because the price is not stable. The investment will make your money grow as the time comes but depends on the demand of what we invested. Then savings is just a matter of our savings that if we didn't put money then it will also not grow.
Having savings while investing is a good tandem. It is better to have a savings and investment at the same time because once you gain profit on your investment, to make it safer then keep some of it in your savings.
Deborah Christine

Activity: 862
Merit: 284

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 01:56:25 AM

Investment has the potential to provide greater returns when compared to savings. Saving is still needed for sudden needs, but by saving only our money will not grow. 
With investments, you can make a lot of money.  However, let your life be prosperous and safe in old age. You should have these two instruments.

So, there is an emergency fund, capital for long-term needs is also available.
If saving and investment can be run, it will get very large returns.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 06:26:05 AM

I know a few of my friends that keep more money in investments than savings and for me the tisk is too high. If your savings of say 5 years are kept in crypto and the price drops 90% and you panic sell then that is on you. Maybe a long term crypto investment that acts as savings could be a safer bet but a majority will not play long term and be too emotional with every trade.

You should always have some savings in fiat, just incase any life expenses pop up - and the always do eventually.
if we were a businessman, I don't think we would be able to choose one of them. saving, and investing are related. like the return on investment, we need to save a few percents for the future, or something else. if we only make investments, it will be very risky, especially when our investments do not go well. deposits are needed when our investment is not going well. therefore, in business, try to save 40% of the money you have, and the rest to invest. it looks pretty good, right?

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:49:09 PM

investing is usually better than saving because you can grow your money. However in a bear market, it may be better to save money because the market goes down. over although investing is better because you can grow your money over time. Saving is also good to have a financial security net.

That being so, since investing your money in cryptocurrency is too risky, saving up first is the thing you need to do, it is the foundation of your investment just in case your plan didn't go out well, because if you will put all your money in investment, when the rough time comes and you need some cash, you'll probably end up selling all of your cryptocurrency, which is not recommended because we all know that the market is not always in bullish season.
StayFly

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 03:52:21 PM

The traditional norms made us believe that savings are a safe option to store your wealth.
But is it true now?
With inflation, we all know that the prices of the wealth we have kept in our savings account will decrease. What is the use of saving when ultimately we are not even able to enjoy what we have been saving for years?
The smarter option?
Investment! Investment is not gambling if done rightly. Very often we see people not putting too much effort into learning and jumping into FOMO. They don’t have enough guidance that will help them to invest better.

I'm technically doing both. I save my money when the cryptocurrency marketing is unstable and I invest my money when there is an active bull run in the market for easy profits. I don't actually trust HODLing any cryptocurrency as they are very volatile in nature. thus, I prefer getting out when the market starts experiencing a correction.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2019, 03:56:51 PM

The smarter option?

Well, yes, how can anyone argue that investing is better than saving?

An important thing to consider tho, always keep an EMERGENCY SAVINGS FUND. By nature of the name, emergency funds are essential when you need cash and FAST (in emergencies!). With investments, theres always a layer of bureaucracy that you have to go through before you get your money, and this is not good at all for emergencies.

You never know when you will need it! Better safe than sorry.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 04:33:36 PM

They say iIn every crisis, there is opportunity. Well, crisis is still going on. Invest and also save. It makes a difference with the life status. A family man will do everything to provide for his family, he will even do both save money and invest for the future and at the same time work harder. For a businessman, he will build a business thru his savings and get busy with it like its his investment. But for someone whose purpose is to get rich, get high and throw party with hookers, he will rob this family man and the businessman. 

Ryker1

Activity: 1932
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 07:47:06 PM

They say iIn every crisis, there is opportunity. Well, crisis is still going on. Invest and also save. It makes a difference with the life status. A family man will do everything to provide for his family, he will even do both save money and invest for the future and at the same time work harder. For a businessman, he will build a business thru his savings and get busy with it like its his investment. But for someone whose purpose is to get rich, get high and throw party with hookers, he will rob this family man and the businessman. 
Well, this mindset was quite good. Both are a great choice but I would highly recommend investing first and then once you earn from it that's the time that you'll be able to save your profit. In that way, you can do both the investing and saving as well. Although it is risky as well because you might lose all that you invest but in order for you to earn big you must take the risk. Indeed, remember that every businessman must know how to manage risk just to survive and to be successful businessman.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Best Dreams

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2019, 07:55:22 PM

I know a few of my friends that keep more money in investments than savings and for me the tisk is too high. If your savings of say 5 years are kept in crypto and the price drops 90% and you panic sell then that is on you. Maybe a long term crypto investment that acts as savings could be a safer bet but a majority will not play long term and be too emotional with every trade.

You should always have some savings in fiat, just incase any life expenses pop up - and the always do eventually.
if we were a businessman, I don't think we would be able to choose one of them. saving, and investing are related. like the return on investment, we need to save a few percents for the future, or something else. if we only make investments, it will be very risky, especially when our investments do not go well. deposits are needed when our investment is not going well. therefore, in business, try to save 40% of the money you have, and the rest to invest. it looks pretty good, right?
Yes in everything you will have both you will have to spend some amount and some will have to save.  Best way to make money is spare some amount to hold until it increases but in from of investment. Right now we should have faith in making investment but in crypto. Holding some money for daily needs is good.
cryptothreads

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 01:36:02 AM

But is it true now?
The smarter option?

I'm technically doing both. I save my money when the cryptocurrency marketing is unstable and I invest my money when there is an active bull run in the market for easy profits. I don't actually trust HODLing any cryptocurrency as they are very volatile in nature. thus, I prefer getting out when the market starts experiencing a correction.
Only save when you have a big fortune and not worry too much about finances. I usually trade when the market is in a sudden downtrend because it is the opportunity to earn the fastest profit without worrying too much. Of course, it's not always successful because sometimes I have a lot of difficulties. In my opinion if you have made a good profit from trading, you should spend 30% to save for the future.

Many young people don't do this because they don't like it. I think this is a very wrong idea because there will be times when you will have to use the savings to use for daily life.
terrorJR

Activity: 1302
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 03:17:39 AM

But is it true now?
The smarter option?

Only save when you have a big fortune and not worry too much about finances. I usually trade when the market is in a sudden downtrend because it is the opportunity to earn the fastest profit without worrying too much. Of course, it's not always successful because sometimes I have a lot of difficulties. In my opinion if you have made a good profit from trading, you should spend 30% to save for the future.

Many young people don't do this because they don't like it. I think this is a very wrong idea because there will be times when you will have to use the savings to use for daily life.

Indeed, saving the savings must be around 30% for the future, the rest we are trading in cryptocurrency until now I still set aside money to buy coins that have the potential for an increase, but I am still looking for it and do not know which coins I will invest.

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
Murat

Activity: 2156
Merit: 711

Telegram @tokensfund

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 08:32:30 AM

For me, Investment is the best way to make your utilize properly if you can put your money in a proper way, So first of all, you need to get access to a profitable and reliable investment source, but you should also take a risk regarding this issue, you know without taking risk, you can't even make a penny from Investment or trading or something like this. In comparison with saving with investment, I always prefer investment because of having more opportunities to make more money than saving, yeah I know that saving is the safest way to keep your money but some other reasons behind in the investment, which is dynamic. But it depends on your mindset and interest, If you are interested in saving then it would be best for your, Decision is yours.

d3nz

Activity: 1302
Merit: 264

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 09:43:36 AM

The good thing having a savings is you can use this on the future in case of emergency and having investment will depends since there are for long and short term.

I would say that investing on crypto is for short term since the market is moving up and down everyday and it also depends on the news that might affect its value.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
davidbagga2

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2019, 10:18:09 AM

Saving and investment terms used for the remain some money so that use in the future. saving is part of the investment. An investment is an asset or item acquired with the goal of generating income or appreciation
Thank You i hope you like my answer
Natalim

Activity: 2926
Merit: 591

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 10:25:33 AM

The good thing having a savings is you can use this on the future in case of emergency and having investment will depends since there are for long and short term.
Everyone are required to have especially for emergency purposes, that's a must.
It is recommended that we both have for emergency and for our future investments so we can also grow financially as investing is the only way to achieve that, but there is a risk inherent to it so we have to be careful in assessing the risk.

I would say that investing on crypto is for short term since the market is moving up and down everyday and it also depends on the news that might affect its value.
I think its appropriate to focus on long term investment especially if we don't have the skills on short term trading.
At least when we are focus in long term, with just holding, we can expect some improvement.

Meowth05

Activity: 854
Merit: 267

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 11:10:00 AM

But is it true now?
The smarter option?
When it comes to crypto industry savings and investment is most likely the same in the way of, if we tend to save our coins it will eventually gain a profit as the inflation occurs. If took investment you tend to spend your money to buy an asset to hold and as the price increase, it will also gain a return. Basically what I'm saying is that even if you save there will be times you'll spend it as its price pump and that perspective could classify as an investment.

mitchr4
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1017

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 12:49:07 PM

Saving also includes investment, but investment has more risks. However people who save are good at managing their money. Moreover, in the future if you have retired from work, these savings will be useful for example making a business or other things that are profitable.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 04, 2019, 02:41:54 PM

Saving also includes investment, but investment has more risks. However people who save are good at managing their money. Moreover, in the future if you have retired from work, these savings will be useful for example making a business or other things that are profitable.
If you want to play safe, saving is the best option for you. If you are just looking for your save money to be enjoy after your retirement. But if you want to grow your money instead being stuck from your bank account, investing will be the next option though there's risk involves you need to have a good view and positive believe in order to attain success.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: