Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:44:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How does a perfect ICO Team looks like for you?  (Read 8576 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 03:47:50 PM

For me no such thing as perfect ICO team, The most important of any ICO,IEO.ITO is the transparency and the competitive team. It doesnt matter if its not perfect or whatsoever as long as they are capable to deliver the whole concept written in their whitepaper and be sure that the Whitepaper is authentic and not copycats or else its a shady one.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 04:47:49 PM

I think that the success of the project does not depend on the number of people in the team. need to consider what kind of scale of the project. If the project is global, then of course only 4 people will not enough for creating a huge project

aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 04:48:39 PM

Hello Bitcointalk Community,

I would like to know from your point of view as an investor how a Team needs to look to get convinced.

Apart from the idear of the project I would be glad to get to know your opinion how a perfect Team looks like.

The reason behind this question is, that some teams have 3-4 members and others show off with 20.

I am looking forward to a good discussion.

Cheers

Your Stag3 Team

They should know each other not only coming from different countries and being hired on Fiverr or on linked I have seen some project where the team members do not know each other, every one of them is just hired by an anonymous developer, I encounter one guy who is part of a project that does not know who is the real owner because they only communicate through email.

Stage3 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 05:25:06 PM

I would like to know from your point of view as an investor how a Team needs to look to get convinced.

Apart from the idear of the project I would be glad to get to know your opinion how a perfect Team looks like.

The reason behind this question is, that some teams have 3-4 members and others show off with 20.

Cheers

Your Stag3 Team

They should know each other not only coming from different countries and being hired on Fiverr or on linked I have seen some project where the team members do not know each other, every one of them is just hired by an anonymous developer, I encounter one guy who is part of a project that does not know who is the real owner because they only communicate through email.

hey mate, thank you very much for your response. It sounds like a "joke" what you just said, nevertheless i can imagine a few projects work like that and thats pretty shocking.  Huh
Anyways that will and wont be the way at the ICO i work on. We prefer transparency and have a core team that knows each other for a very long time; )
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 05:35:41 PM

I think that the success of the project does not depend on the number of people in the team. need to consider what kind of scale of the project. If the project is global, then of course only 4 people will not enough for creating a huge project

I do agree, and of course you can still add new members to the team once you expand. At the end of the day you neet a core team but you want to reach profit and success before you add to many members that cost to much.
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 05:47:37 PM

For me no such thing as perfect ICO team, The most important of any ICO,IEO.ITO is the transparency and the competitive team. It doesnt matter if its not perfect or whatsoever as long as they are capable to deliver the whole concept written in their whitepaper and be sure that the Whitepaper is authentic and not copycats or else its a shady one.

I do support your position 100%. It is much better to have people that stand 100% behind the project and can deliver what they promissed in the whitepaper.
irixo10

Activity: 1078
Merit: 104

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 05:52:35 PM

There is a saying " don't judge a book by its cover". Therefore, do not judge a team by their number, rather dig within and know what they are capable of doing.
Actually, the number doesn't really matter, what matters is their skills, experience and achievements; this is what will tell if the team will develop a good project or not, as one can only offer what he has.
Therefore to your question, do not look at their number or facial expressions, go for what lies within (knowledge and experience).

jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 05:56:53 PM

Every project teams must be experts in their fields ,I'm talking about professional teams either in engineering and software based or others ,this is the way for any project to have a successful outcome

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:01:16 PM

There is a saying " don't judge a book by its cover". Therefore, do not judge a team by their number, rather dig within and know what they are capable of doing.
Actually, the number doesn't really matter, what matters is their skills, experience and achievements; this is what will tell if the team will develop a good project or not, as one can only offer what he has.
Therefore to your question, do not look at their number or facial expressions, go for what lies within (knowledge and experience).

Thank you for your detailed response it is really appreciated.

I do agree with you that quality goes over quantitiy and the team should be able to deliver on its promisses.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 06:05:48 PM

Unfortunately it's become very difficult to determine which team is real. Especially those are newbie on crypto-currency they don't know even how to use Google search to identify fake team. For me, if there is well know team member with existing history they are perfect. Team should active and well experienced on crypto-currency world. New face with no experience is worthless. We can't trust them with fund. So it's very important to know their real background.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:13:31 PM

Unfortunately it's become very difficult to determine which team is real. Especially those are newbie on crypto-currency they don't know even how to use Google search to identify fake team. For me, if there is well know team member with existing history they are perfect. Team should active and well experienced on crypto-currency world. New face with no experience is worthless. We can't trust them with fund. So it's very important to know their real background.

Hey thank you for your response. I agree that their are lot of people out there without so much knowledge about the market. The people tat invested early dont let themselve fool again. Nevertheless the adaption of bitcoin will bring newbies to the market that can be "scammed" again and thats said.

MadeinCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:33:05 PM

I am looking for a few criteria when assessing the team.
First, I want to know they are real people with experience and connection. LinkedIn is mandatory for me.
Second, the team balance is important. I want to see a team comprised of both tech and business people.

LinkedIn might help to track their team's footsteps, but sometimes they manipulate data on LinkedIn. So I don't really believe in LinkedIn unless they really are real people that many people already know. I'm the one who clearly prefers projects that have a strong team, at least one of them is a famous person in the blockchain business.
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:35:29 PM

I am looking for a few criteria when assessing the team.
First, I want to know they are real people with experience and connection. LinkedIn is mandatory for me.
Second, the team balance is important. I want to see a team comprised of both tech and business people.

LinkedIn might help to track their team's footsteps, but sometimes they manipulate data on LinkedIn. So I don't really believe in LinkedIn unless they really are real people that many people already know. I'm the one who clearly prefers projects that have a strong team, at least one of them is a famous person in the blockchain business.

I their. Can you define me what for you a "famous person" is exactly ?

Cheers
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:37:25 PM

Cheers

Your Stag3 Team
Bigger is not always better, quality is always over quantity, a good team of developers should just consist of real profiles and not some random photos and random names of people from the internet, so you should check them before you give them trust, and also they should know what they are doing meaning you can put a trust in some amateur who knows nothing about crypto or finance or the project that he is going into creating at least one of the developers should have some knowledge.
Stage3 (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 06:42:19 PM

Cheers

Your Stag3 Team
Bigger is not always better, quality is always over quantity, a good team of developers should just consist of real profiles and not some random photos and random names of people from the internet, so you should check them before you give them trust, and also they should know what they are doing meaning you can put a trust in some amateur who knows nothing about crypto or finance or the project that he is going into creating at least one of the developers should have some knowledge.

Thank you for your response it helps to support my view that it might be better to have a core team that is productive and can achieve it sets goals compared to a big team with fake profiles.
romanij

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2019, 07:15:35 PM

The most important thing is that the team must perform all its duties. But how many people in the team do not care about anyone if each member of the community is given enough attention.  The most important thing is to have high-quality information and technical support of the community.
bitc0000

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 07:22:30 PM

In as much as there are no perfect humans in the same way there are no perfect team. But to us, a user if a platform we can only decide is a team is perfect when they are working according to what the promised OR we can decide if a team is perfect when they have what it takes to deliver on the long run.
Many team jumps into building a platform but while studying them, you will only find out they have little or no knowledge thereby having many advisors who will direct them. Am not saying having advisors is wrong, rather the team need to be experienced first while their advisors will only direct them when appropriate.
So in all ramifications, what defines a perfect team is the experiences gathered over the years with accomplishments justifying their experiences.

djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 07:30:31 PM

I usually visit the Linkedin profiles, and spend some time there to make sure if the team is real or fake, and to see the experience of each member, before considering that their ICO is really promising or just another scam.
Emmy92

Activity: 837
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 07:51:26 PM

Although there is no perfect humans in the world, but let's assume there is; in my own view the perfect team in any project should be able to listen to the community members to hear their views about platform activities. Also, most importantly they should have relevant experience in what they are trying to achieve. Furthermore, they should have a working product as this will show how serious they are thus paving way for them during ICO, in addition to an extent showing investors that they mean business.
Emilyp

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2019, 08:44:30 PM

A perfect team can be a number from 5 upwards, I think 3 is lean. A project that's solid will require a good number of hands to be able to pull off, so the more the better.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: