Hirocoin - New Home of GPU Miners
Hirocoin uses X11 and the best security available to secure our users and future
Downgrade to PC 0.8.6.4 / Mac 0.8.6.3
The change to the block reward did not work as planned as the longer chain was on the old software and the new client did not mark the longer chain as orphan but assumed the longer chain was correct and the current client out of date. Please downgrade to the previous version of Hirocoin which is 0.8.6.4 for PC and 0.8.6.3 for Mac.
A test environment will be setup to emulate the network at the time of this hard fork so changes can be made so the new network protocol does not get confused by a longer chain on the old network.
With professional Scrypt mining hardware on the way it is time to look for the best alternative hashing solution that will keep crypto currency within reach of everyone. ASIC Scrypt miners look to be expensive and may result in Scrypt coins being mined by professional companies. There may be a time when Scrypt is mined only by the few who can afford to invest heavily. This breaks the decentralization at the heart of crypto currency. KNc plans to bring out their 250MH Scrypt ASIC by Q2/Q3.
For Hirocoin we decided to follow the X11 hashing solution. We would recommend that others follow this lead, the more support for X11 out there the better the tools will be. X11 may well become the most popular GPU hashing solution out there. We hope to get Hirocoin in a prominent place when this time comes. GPU miners having to leave Bitcoin gave a huge boost to Scrypt based coins like Litecoin. When GPU miners leave Scrypt they will look for an efficient alternative and X11 is what they are looking for.
X11 - Future Home of GPU Miners
X11 uses the following for complex hashing, blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd and echo. There is GPU mining software available for X11 which makes it a suitable hashing solution. CPU only coins quickly become run by botnets and virtual machines with large numbers of vCPUs. GPU mining protects against this sort of unfair mining. Because of the complexity in X11 it is unlikely that we would see an ASIC for it any time soon, keeping coins that choose X11 to be mined on common and affordable hardware, therefore decentralising the hash power as originally intended by Satoshi.Best Security Features
Hirocoin uses the best security features available in crypto to secure the safety of those who use us. We aim to keep using the best and will incorporate new or improved solutions into Hirocoin.
Fully Featured Development
|Nite's Gravity Well is now becoming popular with many altcoins. This offers rapid response and recovery from multipools who can leave coins with very high difficulties and long block times. This proves to be very good at dealing with the effects of multipools on small coins, which explains its sudden rise in popularity.|
|Automatic Checkpointing stops blocks being orphaned and transactions being reversed. 51% attacks result in the loss of time, money and confidence. This protection broadcasts checkpoints rather than a core developer hard coding them into the source. As a result this is also finding its way into more coins who cannot safeguard their blockchain without it.|
|Time Travel limitation reduces the ability for attackers to try and force on very old blocks or very new block to try and change difficulty adjust behaviour. The ability to warp the blockchain time and also been limited. Blocks submitted more than 15 minutes outside of the blockchain's time will be rejected and other nodes cannot affect blockchain time by more than 14 minutes.|
Hirocoin has been carefully developed and has gone through a thorough check list to make sure that all required work has been completed before launch. Some of the key items are outlined below.pchStartMessage
- This is a unique set of numbers used to communicate between nodes. Often this is left the same as the original software leaving the nodes trying to connect other non-native networks.ECDSA keys
- These are the keys used to send out messages to the nodes on the network. Some may remember when numerous coins displayed notifications to upgrade to the latest version of Litecoin.sendalert
- This function allows us to send messages to the network in case of an emergency. This can only be used if you have the private key which is as likely to be guessed as a private key for an address, so never.DNS Seed Node
- This is used by nodes to find others on the network meaning that when you turn Hirocoin on it connects to he DNS Seed node to find other Hirocoin clients without any manual effort.Unique Testnet Genesis Block
- Unique genesis blocks have been created for the mainnet and testnet. It is possible to run a test network of Hirocoin without the need for any code modification.URL Support
- You can put Hirocoin links into your webpage, when users click on them Hirocoin will open with address, amount and label automatically populated.QR Code
- Hirocoin has built in QR code support so you can generate QR codes from within the software for use on websites, posters or where ever else you want to display them.Vital Statistics
- Subsidy at 840,000 block (~1.6 years)