Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:17:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: For how much money heroes and legends are willing to advertise fraud and scam?  (Read 1603 times)
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 10:43:33 AM

I don't think it's their mistake they can get scammed too and don't get paid the problem is bounty managers even in this situation the bounty manager is from the exchange but we can see bounty managers that don't give a shit about participants and they are not even getting flagged for millions of dollars scams

Free palestine
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 02:17:32 PM

That's not a potential solution probably, otherwise, theymos would do it long ago. I doubt 10% of the current active people/activity would be active once sig is disable.
10%? Drop that to 1% and you might have something close to the truth.

Most users join for bounties/signature campaigns and spread their spam across the forum. Is it more important to have a big community or a community that actually cares about bitcoin? How many of these users have bought bitcoin? How many of these users have 1BTC? I doubt it's a high number. I doubt the retention time of their received bitcoin exceeds a month.

These users are spamming because they see the forum as a "job"... something that brings them money in return for low-effort posts. That's not how the forum should be. Especially since we have the name Bitcointalk, having altcoin-promoting users taint every section of the forum with trash is not what we want.

johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 04:23:53 PM

I think that the flag against LiveCoin can be considered conditionally valid, since their customer agreement has contradictions. If I get it wrong, then let experts with law degrees to correct me.

The flag was valid until Livecoin unblocked users account. For now, it's invalid because he didn't carry any loses.

Theymos and cyrus rarely respond to PMs these days probably due to lack of time and sheer number of the PMs they get, but sadly if they don't then you have to take it as a no. It's pot luck if they do, but annoyingly that has a knock on effect of Globals being PMd and 90% of the time we can't do anything about it or we then have to pester them about it and personally I don't really wan't to annoy them with it so if they don't respond I just take that as a no or 'I don't have time'.

Wait a minute. Why i must PM theymos, if we have global mods to unban users. Like you, for example. I had PMed you before, while you ignored me. Or you couldn't unban without theymos consent?

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Veleor
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653

Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 05:57:47 PM

The flag was valid until Livecoin unblocked users account. For now, it's invalid because he didn't carry any loses.

The main problem is not the specific episode, which acted as a catalyst, but the contract of the Exchange itself.
Until LiveCoin doesn't improve it's customer relationship policy, there is no guarantee that a similar situation with the blocking clients funds wouldn't happen again in the near future.
Decimation

Activity: 244
Merit: 43

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 06:00:14 PM

I think we all know that most of us would likely take $200 a week to shitpost on a forum. It's not that hard to understand. A lot of times I see people bashing others like this and the next week they're wearing this same signature. Probably a lot of it comes from jealously, hell I would want a sweat signature deal, who doesn't? I don't really think you should question ethics here, people will scam you out of $4 if they have the chance, at least this isn't outright scamming.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 06:15:58 PM

I think we all know that most of us would likely take $200 a week to shitpost on a forum. It's not that hard to understand. A lot of times I see people bashing others like this and the next week they're wearing this same signature. Probably a lot of it comes from jealously, hell I would want a sweat signature deal, who doesn't? I don't really think you should question ethics here, people will scam you out of $4 if they have the chance, at least this isn't outright scamming.
Certainly, most would. It's a simple task, repeatable and low-effort.
You can churn out hundreds of replies a week if you find the right threads.
You can start training yourself to create generalized and padded posts across your multiple accounts.
You can make the forum a worse place for the sake of money.

But a lot of users don't want that. You'll find that most of the spam is generated by poor monitoring of campaign participants, especially in the altcoin/bounty department. Nearly everyone who dons an altcoin signature is a spammer, full stop.

You will find, however, in the case of ChipMixer, many participants have ample opportunity to shitpost/mask-post their way up to 50/week. A significant percentage do not. Personally, I don't like the idea of lowering my post quality just to make a couple extra dollars. Honestly, I'm far stricter than DS_ on his QA with posts. There's been a few times that I thought the post count should have been lowered. (explains why my reporting accuracy isn't as high... there are a few "bad" reports for posts that I thought should have been deleted)

Speaking of, if you're reading this post to this point, @DarkStar_, just don't mark this one. Smiley

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 07:21:42 PM

I think that the flag against LiveCoin can be considered conditionally valid, since their customer agreement has contradictions. If I get it wrong, then let experts with law degrees to correct me.

Theymos and cyrus rarely respond to PMs these days probably due to lack of time and sheer number of the PMs they get, but sadly if they don't then you have to take it as a no. It's pot luck if they do, but annoyingly that has a knock on effect of Globals being PMd and 90% of the time we can't do anything about it or we then have to pester them about it and personally I don't really wan't to annoy them with it so if they don't respond I just take that as a no or 'I don't have time'.

Wait a minute. Why i must PM theymos, if we have global mods to unban users. Like you, for example. I had PMed you before, while you ignored me. Or you couldn't unban without theymos consent?

That's not how it works. In order for the flag to be dropped not only must the damage be remedied, but the victim of the act must forgive them for their actions. Just because they bowed to public pressure doesn't magically make them innocent.
johhnyUA
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:17:10 PM

In order for the flag to be dropped not only must the damage be remedied, but the victim of the act must forgive them for their actions.

I think i heard something like that in Bible. Between "Don't kill someone's slave" and "we need to turn water in wine"

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:22:36 PM

I'm not PM'ing admins, we have global mods for such things now .
And what a funny statement "If someone is not answering to PM, that's mean no". Community deserves to hear detailed response in ban appeal topic. I think it will be honest way.

No one is entitled to anything. Plagiarism is also a very serious offense here, very few people are lucky enough to get unbanned if they are caught plagiarizing so it's best not to hold out any hope for that.

Signature space available for rent.
Decimation

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:28:31 PM

But a lot of users don't want that. You'll find that most of the spam is generated by poor monitoring of campaign participants, especially in the altcoin/bounty department. Nearly everyone who dons an altcoin signature is a spammer, full stop.

Certainly, anyone who actually enjoys being here will put in the extra time and effort it takes to actually contribute to the forum rather than shitpost. I also do think that "intervention", like in the case of YoBit, its successful in mitigating the spamming or at least drawing more attention to it. I'm also not meaning to imply anyone wearing a signature is a spammer, quite obviously. I think some signature campaigns CAN be quite beneficial, in the sense that people will contribute more quality work since there is an incentive, and they can dedicate more time.

I still don't understand why people even shitpost for bounties anymore, it's completely not worth it. It seems like anyone involved in bounty campaigns is 12 years old... and then they are surprised when the "value" disappears, as if it wasn't made up out of thin air to begin with. Like are people still actually serious with this bounty bullshit, I thought after the countless examples of failure, some would catch on?

But yea, if people are willing to shitpost for valueless coins, you can bet your ass they would shitpost all day for a few extra bucks
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2019, 10:32:22 PM

I still don't understand why people even shitpost for bounties anymore, it's completely not worth it. It seems like anyone involved in bounty campaigns is 12 years old... and then they are surprised when the "value" disappears, as if it wasn't made up out of thin air to begin with. Like are people still actually serious with this bounty bullshit, I thought after the countless examples of failure, some would catch on?
Account farmers cast a wide net. Moreover, you have social media based programmes within the bounties which can be gamed by Newbies.

Even if 90% of the bounties fail, those that participate in Twitter/Facebook campaigns will still get something since they are just hitting every single bounty available to them. In the case of signatures, you have individuals that use multiple accounts in order to maximize the variety of tokens they can get. However, the post quality is hit hard because of the extra load (though it's unlikely that they would have posted good content regardless).

TL;DR: We need KYC.
/s

Decimation

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 10:36:28 PM

/s

Yea everyone complains to no end about KYC shit, there is a reason it exists. Anyone who adamantly denies KYC is abusing the system, I don't care about your privacy if you are abusing it to begin with. I've never wanted an April fools joke to be true so badly before. KYC prevents a whole bunch of bullshit and clears up a ton of headaches for everyone. I get it, it's annoying, but so is all this bullshit. #KYC all day
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
July 24, 2019, 11:10:41 PM

/s

Yea everyone complains to no end about KYC shit, there is a reason it exists. Anyone who adamantly denies KYC is abusing the system, I don't care about your privacy if you are abusing it to begin with. I've never wanted an April fools joke to be true so badly before. KYC prevents a whole bunch of bullshit and clears up a ton of headaches for everyone. I get it, it's annoying, but so is all this bullshit. #KYC all day

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Ephesians 6:12
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 04:45:14 AM

In order for the flag to be dropped not only must the damage be remedied, but the victim of the act must forgive them for their actions.
I think i heard something like that in Bible. Between "Don't kill someone's slave" and "we need to turn water in wine"

"izooomrud alleges: LiveCoin violated a casual or implied agreement, resulting in damages, in the specific act referenced here. LiveCoin did not make the victims of this act roughly whole, AND it is not the case that all of the victims forgave the act."

Doest that sound like forgiveness?

They didn't lose your money or steal anything from you.
LOL
Yes, they did not steal, they just kept my BTC for a month without a reason! And now they tell me that they do not have the rest of my coins

Signature space available for rent.
johhnyUA
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 06:51:09 AM

No one is entitled to anything. Plagiarism is also a very serious offense here, very few people are lucky enough to get unbanned if they are caught plagiarizing so it's best not to hold out any hope for that.

> "No one is entitled to anything" (on this forum)
> "Oh my God, Livecoin ToC against ethic and morale, sweet Jesus"

Grin

Also, about plagiarism. I don't have time for now, for looking into theymos quotes where he says that if someone net positive he can be unbaned. If whole community supporting someone, doesn't that means that this person is very net positive?

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 07:52:52 AM

> "No one is entitled to anything" (on this forum)
> "Oh my God, Livecoin ToC against ethic and morale, sweet Jesus"

Grin

I assume with 'ToC', you are referring to ToS ?

They are not just against ethic and morale, but also against law.
It is simple as that. Their ToS are illegal. In the country where they allegedly operate from, and any other civilized country.

Also, about plagiarism. I don't have time for now, for looking into theymos quotes where he says that if someone net positive he can be unbaned. If whole community supporting someone, doesn't that means that this person is very net positive?

Who is banned and supported by the whole community ? I am not aware of such a case here.

johhnyUA
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 08:15:01 AM

It is simple as that. Their ToS are illegal. In the country where they allegedly operate from, and any other civilized country.

I have one question for you: Do you pay taxes from your crypto income?
For example, let us assume that you have 0.0375 per week from ChipMixer. That's 0.15 per month. That's 1500 dollars per month, and 18 000 per year. Due to US tax laws, your federal income tax is 15 %. Have you pay it?

If not, you can't blame someone acting "against law" because you're doing the same.

At second, i consider myself as anarcho-capitalist, so i don't fucking care if something is "against the law". Such claims sounds for me the same as "It's against Gods law and Bible"

Who is banned and supported by the whole community ? I am not aware of such a case here.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5142628.msg51933555#msg51933555
Whole russian community, i meant.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2019, 08:27:59 AM

I have one question for you: Do you pay taxes from your crypto income?
For example, let us assume that you have 0.0375 per week from ChipMixer. That's 0.15 per month. That's 1500 dollars per month, and 18 000 per year. Due to US tax laws, your federal income tax is 15 %. Have you pay it?

If not, you can't blame someone acting "against law" because you're doing the same.

No, i don't.

And the reason is simple.. i am not from the US.

I don't have to pay taxes on receiving BTC. I only need to pay taxes on receiving FIAT.
When selling BTC, i only have to pay taxes if they weren't held for at least 1 year.

Anything above holding 1 year is absolutely tax-free for me  Smiley

So.. since i ain't breaking the law, it seems i can blame the scammy business for acting against law  Wink

At second, i consider myself as anarcho-capitalist, so i don't fucking care if something is "against the law". Such claims sounds for me the same as "It's against Gods law and Bible"

Good to know that you don't care about doing things against law.

Just wanted to adjust my trustlist.. and noticed.. you are already excluded from it.  Cheesy

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5142628.msg51933555#msg51933555
Whole russian community, i meant.

The russian community consists of 15 members? Wow.. didn't knew it is that small.

johhnyUA
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 09:23:48 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2019, 12:16:08 PM by johhnyUA

So.. since i ain't breaking the law, it seems i can blame the scammy business for acting against law  Wink

Maybe

Good to know that you don't care about doing things against law.

Just wanted to adjust my trustlist.. and noticed.. you are already excluded from it.  Cheesy

When noname had exluded you from his trust list:

The russian community consists of 15 members? Wow.. didn't knew it is that small.

Wow, i din't knew that someone in english board loves to show himself as an idiot.

▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

.PLAY NOW.
KTChampions
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1903

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
July 25, 2019, 12:40:27 PM

~
Reputable members of the Russian and English community
Smart man                  Hero Member  ---                click here

Grin
Reputable members of the Russian and English community
Grin
Reputable members

Smart man is involved in:
1.) Mass account trading.
2.) Merit abuse.
3.) Bumping /shilling.
4.) Offering bumping service.
5.) Plagiarism (many accounts from his farms are banned for plagiarism).
6.) Participation in the obvious scam projects.
7.) Account farming.
etc.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██