Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which do you think is better, buy at tokensale or buy at public exchange?  (Read 6461 times)
cryptonewbie

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2019, 09:30:06 PM

During the peak of ICO popularity, many would beg to buy the ICOs because when it lists, the price would go higher. Later in months to come, the appeal for ICOs dwindled as prices started falling after listing. Same thing is already happening with IEOs too. And you should follow up on the trends because IEOs now dip when exchange trading officially starts. Do your own research

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wipangga

Activity: 600
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 12:07:55 AM

basically this year I continue to hold and buy in the market, for me it is also a profitable way to directly do daily trading, if I buy in an ongoing ICO project for me it will also be difficult to determine the price currently running in the market.
Retainly_Collie

Activity: 742
Merit: 102

Second Live

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 12:13:53 AM

It depends on the project. If the project is popular and have a lot of people waiting to buy it, you should buy them at tokensale to be able to get more profits.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 04:48:22 AM

So I want to ask all of you in here, so that I don't lose money in investing. Which do you think is better, buy when ico / ieo / tokensale and get a bonus or buy when it is listed in the public exchange/market at a low price?
I have been observing from couple of months that almost 99% token price dropped after getting listed on exchange. Never mind if its ICO or IEO, all tokens acting same. So we can say traders are really not encourage to trade new listed token, in a result token price drop hardly. So those peoples bought during token sale they are losing their fund. So basically we can say that there is chance you would buy token below ICO/IEO price after listed. Based on my discussion I don't see any point why we should buy ICO/IEO during token sale. But it's really depend on you, I am not your legal advisor and I just describe my own opinion. Do your own diligence before investing somewhere.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AndRE177

Activity: 322

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 18, 2019, 03:29:36 PM

Now this question is not relevant because there was a sufficient number of IEO, where you can be sure that you get from the exchange coins of a new project and you will be able to sell them immediately after the opening of trading. Therefore, investors are increasingly buying coins during the IEO.

MMA Rats

Activity: 509

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2019, 05:01:13 PM

At the moment, it is better to buy coins after entering the exchange, because the price of a coin drops and it is more profitable to buy it after entering the exchange.

Alohadanc3

Activity: 1050

Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 10:50:08 PM

It  depends on your investment. If some coin is too much hyped or have a chance to give profit when it come to the market first then you can go for the sale. And now after ieos most of the good ieos give profit and the profit rate is pretty good. But if you want to buy some coin for long term or even the project is not that much good then you can wait and buy it on exchange.

leatutz

Activity: 523

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 11:50:01 PM

Because the cryptocurrency situation is currently not the same as before. So I want to ask all of you in here, so that I don't lose money in investing. Which do you think is better, buy when ico / ieo / tokensale and get a bonus or buy when it is listed in the public exchange/market at a low price? I personally prefer to participate in the tokensale but see the current situation, when a token / coin list in the market is cheap, this makes me very confused to invest. How about you? Can you share your mind and help me out my confused
With the bear market as it is today, you should wait and buy them in public exchange. Because its price will certainly be panic sell when listed

Agree, with the number of tokens whose prices fall after the initial listing, it's better to buy tokens that are already on the exchanger. There is a risk of buying tokens from a new project because of the dominance of bitcoin which is still very strong in the market but if the new project has good prospects, I think we can just buy tokens at IEO organized by large exchangers
Right, Tokensale is good if IEO is running by top exchange as Binance exchange. Although you should have high investment to invest in Binance IEO. Small exchange IEO price is drop even bounty distribution doesn't start. Some good token price has low cap then you can invest.
SyndicateLabs

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 21, 2019, 11:56:22 PM

With the current market situation. It is best to buy them after they are listed at the exchange. I assure you that its prices will drop after being listed and you will buy them for a better price
103deltafox

Activity: 491

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:17:01 AM

Well, it depends on the team backing the project, but from what we have seen or several occurances, it is obvious that prices fall when listed and that is an opportunity to buy especially if you are sure it is a coin with potentials.

shazde

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 07:30:10 AM

You started a good discussion
Do I have a question   Does a currency exchange pay a token fee to sell you a token?
coaprotet
Copper Member

Activity: 210

KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 10:25:24 AM

I would stay away from any altcoin, until BTC dominance would not fall below 60 percent. It does not matter how great the project is or where you buy it, if BTCs dominance exceeds 70 percent and leaves no space for growth at all.

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 01:28:21 PM

From the 2, I think buying in the exchange is better because the risk is lower compare to buying it in the tokensale. If you buy it at a tokensale, yes there is a huge bonus that you can get and the amount of tokens you will get is higher but the question is will it be listed on an exchange? Some aren't listing it.

Now if it is listed, as an investor you must sell it immediately after listing. What if you didn't sold it after a few hours and you can only sell it at a loss? Take note that after listing, most if not all of the tokens are plummeting immediately after listing on an exchange.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2019, 02:24:31 PM

Because the cryptocurrency situation is currently not the same as before. So I want to ask all of you in here, so that I don't lose money in investing. Which do you think is better, buy when ico / ieo / tokensale and get a bonus or buy when it is listed in the public exchange/market at a low price? I personally prefer to participate in the tokensale but see the current situation, when a token / coin list in the market is cheap, this makes me very confused to invest. How about you? Can you share your mind and help me out my confused

I'd like to discuss the current market situation, it's better to buy coins that are listed in exchanges than in crowdfunding like ICO, it's already in the market sometimes it's much cheaper, one of the issue that's confronting investors is a failure of the project to list their coin in exchange, so there is a situation that you will be disappointed that the coin that you buy in their crowdfunding takes so long to get listed.

daniel002
Copper Member

Activity: 382

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 02:43:42 PM

Buy at exchange when a project have a bounty campaign or a big airdrop done before the listing because most of this tokens will be dumped. If the project have tokensale but have no bounty campaigns and you think that is a very good project, then you can buy it.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 03:21:46 PM

For me it is better the traditional way. Like now the price in too low. This is the right time to buy your crypto. You don't have to based on bonus or other promos because you can have more than that when the bullrun will come or even if the price value will grow eventually. It is not about the price but it is all about strategies and knowledge.
criket

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 03:26:49 PM

for a good project, I did both. buy their ICO price with a big bonus and sell it when the trade is opened. if registered in a large exchange I can buy again when the decline starts happening especially when the project makes a bounty campaign. Bounty distribution moment is the right time to buy coins in the market.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1004

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 03:37:27 PM

From the 2, I think buying in the exchange is better because the risk is lower compare to buying it in the tokensale. If you buy it at a tokensale, yes there is a huge bonus that you can get and the amount of tokens you will get is higher but the question is will it be listed on an exchange? Some aren't listing it.

Now if it is listed, as an investor you must sell it immediately after listing. What if you didn't sold it after a few hours and you can only sell it at a loss? Take note that after listing, most if not all of the tokens are plummeting immediately after listing on an exchange.
if it's a matter of price, I might look at it in terms of the project. sometimes, some projects have high prices when listing on the market. it happened in several IEO projects that occurred this year. however, in general, buying on the market after a list is good enough. it's just that, it depends on the project being worked on. however, we need to consider the situation before choosing from these two things.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 06:15:29 PM

If that project is really legit, I prefer to buy in token sale with a bonus and it will be great if the market is in a good condition so that I will earn more profit because of the bonuses and the price increase of the token.

acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 06:18:01 PM

Buy at exchange when a project have a bounty campaign or a big airdrop done before the listing because most of this tokens will be dumped. If the project have tokensale but have no bounty campaigns and you think that is a very good project, then you can buy it.
Depending on bounty budget and distribution time. But the majority is that we should buy after they are listed at the exchange because the price will surely crash

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████