Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if anyone hacked your account then who is responsible???  (Read 7639 times)
Kimonoe

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 02:12:20 AM

In a case where several accounts were also hacked in the exchange, then it is the fault of the exchange or site and they will be held responsible  for the hack because their security is weak but in the occasion where you are the only one affected, then it's definitely your fault, take precautionary measures next time.
when only our account is affected by hackers, maybe we have done carelessness, and there could be many causes. therefore be careful with sites that are not clear. but if many accounts in the exchange are hacked, the exchange should be responsible, like when binance is hacked, they replace all of their consumer funds, but this kind of action does not all exchanges do

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
anume123

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 03:49:31 AM

not you because you are a victim but you can also make it a street when you provide information about your wallet and make it public, because nowadays many hackers are outnumbered by our technology advance. Be careful to avoid losing our account.

Maxre

Activity: 812
Merit: 120

https://combonetwork.io/

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 04:10:33 AM

if there is hacking on your account you will certainly be in charge of your own account.
no exchange will want to replace the assets you have lost.
therefore always use double security such as installing an authenticator or the like.

jorenpo

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 04:31:31 AM

if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
The Exchange where I've created account Huh
is it my mistake Huh
what's you thought about it Huh

and how i make my account safe  Huh

ofcource it is your fault. its very hard to hack someones account if the account was very secured like strong password or a 2fa.
You are responsible on your own account. just install an authenticator and you are good.
Rinso

Activity: 254
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 07:17:39 AM

we cant blaming anyone for this case. it is should be our responsible to make our account safe even if exchange or wallet giving us an option for extra security.

www.bitcoinisle.com
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:09:33 AM

It is the hacker mistake Cheesy and his responsibility.
Your mistake because you create an account there and you didn't take enough precaution to protect your account. Your computer or smartphone can be infected by a keylogger or some kind of virus.
The mistake of the exchange because they have security problems.
It can be the mistake of both of you too.

I totally agree with this, first of all its the owner of the wallet fault, because if he created an account in an exchange it is hard to hack except if the owner isn't careful that he or she gets an email then visit it then try to log in his or her account then it could possibly hacked that way. Butbif the exchange itself is hacked, just like what happen for binance, then binance would would be liable and responsible for the losses.
ilhamsugihamin

Activity: 332
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 08:24:45 AM

it's clearly one's own fault. You must store it in a safe place such as a nano ledger hardware wallet. never click on a site or write your private key anywhere except the transaction.

flyer88

Activity: 1177
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2019, 08:49:02 AM

if it happens because of your own mistakes I think you are responsible and the company is not fully responsible for it, unless the exchange you use is hacked by scamers of course the company will be responsible for everything. but what I have experienced in this case, whatever you need to do is proof, the company will ask for evidence to return your money that has been hacked on the exchange.
Yeah in the Crypto world when we lose our assets/Crypto, then we ourselves are responsible for the incident. But if it happens to the funds that we store in Exchange sometimes there are Exchanger parties who want to replace their member funds. If I'm not wrong, as happened to Binance last year. They replace the losses.
lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 12:21:56 PM

A hack on exchange, exchange is responsible for such hacks because the user trusted them, provided their details and enabled 2fa which is maximum security. Anything else that affects the users funds on the exchange is the exchange fault as they're unable to protect their customer.
You should not judge based on that, what if the holder too was careless with his details? 2fa factor Is it not Google authenticator that it works with or phone number? People can have access to those at any time if the investor is careless with that, so all blame cannot be on the exchange, in fact there is a way you will know if it was as a result of the exchange negligence or yours and I believe that in the case of op, it was as a result of his negligence, because of it was hacking of exchange, it is not going to be his coin alone that will be affected but coin of major holders in the exchange.

We have seen hacking on binance, and other exchanges how they look like, so why would an hacker break an exchange, only to go for op’s own alone, I think op just need to ensure that he secures his account very well and stop keeping fund on exchanges wallet.

princerepon

Activity: 980
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 02, 2019, 05:06:56 PM

if I've created account/wallet on coinbase or any other exchange then my account is hacked and my coins/money lost who are responsible for it
is it my mistake Huh

Actually it's both i think you and the exchange. If some how your computer hacked with virus or some how you lost your personal information then it's totally your fault. That occasion you can't blame the exchange. But if never happened to you like that and you have tight security in the exchange and exchange hacked then it's exchange's fault.

Before you create account in any exchange know about them, know about their security details and know what going to happen if you hacked by a hacker and so on. Stay safe... Wink Wink
mnporter2001

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
September 03, 2019, 03:32:35 AM

is it my mistake Huh

If the entire Coinbase account is hacked, then I think they will be responsible. But if only you were hacked, it is your fault

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████