Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:24:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you check crypto prices?  (Read 2294 times)
Driggers95

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 04:22:02 PM

I check many times every day, But sometimes I don't check it if I'm holding USDT. I only regularly check if I am buying altcoin or BTC
Several times a day is enough, do not check often when it will be a lot of pressure for us because we should know the level of market movement, it is sometimes unbelievable, caring too much during such periods, psychology will appear ghosts, confusion and anxiety, a disease very often before making failed decisions. So, protect yourself well and it will be a way to protect our assets by limiting the number of market price checks, a few times is too good for us to have the next calculations on the market

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:35:50 PM

As a trader, I am to check the coins price couple of times in a day. By checking the price and the chart, your knowledge about the crypto market will be increasing. I think it is a good. Most of the time, altcoins price goes down, but what if suddenly your portfolio's coin price start increasing incredibly? I forgot about the TXN,  I thought this is another shit coin. But suddenly it's price started growing  and some of my colleagues earned thousands of Dollar! 

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 06:36:19 PM

Usually once a day when I wake up and this allows me to set up a plan for the day. If there's big change I spend some time trading or try to read the news to know what's going on and have a strategy for my portfolio. I also have tickers on my phone and they let me know if anything changes.

I never stare at charts for too long. It gives me a headache.
pishite

Activity: 966
Merit: 132

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 07:14:37 PM

My bro just said I'm getting addicted to my Portfolio app, and I think he is right. I usually check crypto prices at least three times a day. I know it's not very healthy checking crypto prices these days, but bitcoin specifically has been doing well.

When I'm about investing in a new project I believe in, I usually monitor the price for a couple of days. There are those moments when you believe in the team behind a project and appreciate their methods of communication, but the price of the token could be even more appealing. A crypto enthusiast once said, "It is far better to buy a wonderful crypto at a fair price, than a fair crypto at a wonderful price." Since it involves money; no one would want to throw funds away. You'd definitely want the accumulate a wonderful crypto at a fair price!

When you monitor cryptos for a long time you realize that sometimes as quickly as it goes up, it can also go down just as quick. That is one of the perks of being observant. You know when to jump in and when to pull out. Don't forget the French/ English proverb; a stitch in time saves nine.

PS: If you have high blood pressure, I'd say you should avoid checking the price of altcoins regularly. Every time I check the price of some Alts, they're down another 5%. Such dumps on Alts could trigger up the blood pressure.

What about you, how often do you check crypto prices?

You are not the only one, and soon it will be considered a kind of addiction, which will be treated in leading clinics. But in the meantime, just like you, I check my portfolio several times, just as a minute appears, I try to study the latest news about coins or tokens that I invested in, since you always have to keep your finger on the pulse.
Gab20

Activity: 714
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 10:12:10 PM

There is nothing bad in checking prices, but if it get s too much, it bring apprehension and when you are hypertensive and discover that you are loosing, it might lead a health breakdown.
Also monitoring price might result into waste of time. Which means you might not be able to do other meaningful things.
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 10:19:10 PM

I check at least once everyday . I also get email about the prices of top crypto-currencies everyday . My case might not be that of someone who is addicted to crypto-currencies. I just do the checking to keep abreast of process just in case the need to sell some coins arises.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 10:33:26 PM

Daily,

Cryptos are undeniably the most volatile markets in the world right now, and with 24 / 7 trading, action always goes on.
Great! There is no doubts that you're a day trader because it is necessary for all day traders to follow the market trend each moment that passes in order to stay on track, thus to be able to know when to buy, how long to hold and when to sell to make the profit as the price dips and rises in small percentages.

Not only day traders check it daily. If you are deep in a crypto world, you will do it all the time, even several times a day. I do not think that you do have too many cryptocurrencies in your portfolio. However, even if you deal with a hundred of them, it is worth watching their movements regularly. It will help in making Technical Analysis later.
romecheo

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 10:35:11 PM

Three times a day is not enough for me, I don't even remember how often I am checking my cryptos a day. When I woke up, it was the first thing I wanted to see, even in my work, almost every time, I cannot help myself not to check my cryptos.

I am extremely excited, especially, when I heard good news about the my cryptos trending, it gives me energy, my social media account is always open, and waiting for any news about the movement of cryptos.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
Uju4real
Copper Member

Activity: 349
Merit: 0

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 10:58:24 PM

My bro just said I'm getting addicted to my Portfolio app, and I think he is right. I usually check crypto prices at least three times a day. I know it's not very healthy checking crypto prices these days, but bitcoin specifically has been doing well.

When I'm about investing in a new project I believe in, I usually monitor the price for a couple of days. There are those moments when you believe in the team behind a project and appreciate their methods of communication, but the price of the token could be even more appealing. A crypto enthusiast once said, "It is far better to buy a wonderful crypto at a fair price, than a fair crypto at a wonderful price." Since it involves money; no one would want to throw funds away. You'd definitely want the accumulate a wonderful crypto at a fair price!

When you monitor cryptos for a long time you realize that sometimes as quickly as it goes up, it can also go down just as quick. That is one of the perks of being observant. You know when to jump in and when to pull out. Don't forget the French/ English proverb; a stitch in time saves nine.

PS: If you have high blood pressure, I'd say you should avoid checking the price of altcoins regularly. Every time I check the price of some Alts, they're down another 5%. Such dumps on Alts could trigger up the blood pressure.

What about you, how often do you check crypto prices?

I check frequently like an everyday something and at times even hourly and you are very right the way Crypto prices goes up and down people with HBP should avoid constantly checking it

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
Lanatsa

Activity: 2884
Merit: 659

View Profile
August 09, 2019, 11:08:51 PM

It makes no sense to check the prices of all your assets very often, because they will definitely not change at such a pace to check them every day.  Since everyone said that Bitcoin will greatly influence the growth of the entire cryptocurrency market, until it rises to $ 15,000, there is no chance for other cryptocurrencies.
You cant say such thing.Why? because not all traders are long term hodlers and some of them are actively scalping which means every slight movement does count
yet it can generate profit when it tends to go into the way on what they are expecting.How much more for those who do margin trades.Volatility is the biggest factor and why
some people actively do watch prices.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Grenee

Activity: 201
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 05:57:06 PM

I do check everyday because  there are some good coins to buy and kip and there are some shit coin that may rise within few hours. So to make profit if you are a crypto trader you need to follow all the project you have there token else u will lose.

☯ INJECTIVE PROTOCOL ☯ Bounty Running ☯
☯ Fast, Secure, and Fully Decentralized Trading ☯
Rehmanchoudhary5

Activity: 227
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:11:32 PM

Well actually I don't know how many times a day i check price, i never counted but i don't know somehow i love crypto, you're not going believe i open coinmarketcap.com  almost more than hundred times a day, the reason is that I'm not a long term trader i do trades on daily basis and have some 10 to 20% daily, it's obvious i can't earn it through bitcoin trade, i do trade in alts only but still btc price effects on it, so basically all depends upon btc

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
DRK DEX: https://draken.exchange/
kramat

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

https://i.ibb.co/2NX43h7/Avatar-1.jpg

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 06:50:26 PM

I check crypto prices almost every time because I'm here doing daily trading so when I feel like I am making a profit then I immediately sell it and buy again when the price is cheap

Adya

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 07:48:22 PM

every day few times. just need to download applications like coingecko or coinmarketcap. with them it is very simple.

XSL Labs.io
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
sehoon

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 08:14:16 PM

I don't check the prices too often. This forum helps me keeping on track of the news whether it's time to invest or it's just a time to hold. But most of the time, I check it when a bull market is on going.

Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 08:46:17 PM

I check the value of my coins in my portfolio from time to time because sometime there might be enough profit you can take out,i dont need to wait for altcoin season to take out my profit so i use blockfolio tracking app to track the value of my coins and tokens so as not to lose any opportunity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nanaimogold

Activity: 661
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 10:25:12 PM

I am more of a weekly/monthly investor than a day trader. Therefore, I check prices mostly in the morning or at night to determine if I should tether before bed. This is how it works for me

abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 10:48:41 PM

When the price of alts in my portfolio is increasing I check prices like every minute to know when to sell of or still hold but when the price of token are dumping, I hardly check as often

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Ridwan.P

Activity: 411

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2019, 10:51:10 PM

I check it every 4 hours. but I checked not on the exchange, but the Blockfolio application. Easier. And I set an alarm at a certain price, so I do not miss if I want to buy or want to sell it.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 10, 2019, 11:06:10 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2019, 12:47:11 AM by PuertoLibre

I usually check the Blockfolio application in every 3 or 4 hours, checking more frequently becomes an addiction which is hard to get rid of it. The experienced traders usually don't trade hourly charts, they go for the daily, weekly even monthly price charts. For day traders, checking the coinmarketcap type sites is understandable but for average people, it is not required.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: