Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:57:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty hunters killed ICO?  (Read 7014 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:23:09 AM

1) a project collected funds,
2) Funds allocation (among advisors, bla bla bla and bounty hunters)
3) Considering there are thousands of BH, the price of a token dropped dramatically
4) Investors bought token on ICO see this crap and less people invest in ICOs.

True or False?
Even if we have millions of bounty hunters its not an accuse that project token drop in price because  bounty hunters dump token,thats why we have many bounties using fixed allocation instead of stake allocation and using fixed allocation the bounty participants will be limited
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:28:50 AM

I don't think bounty hunters have had a lot of impact on some projects.
Many projects are dead because they do not have true investors. They didn't convince those investors to hold or that it didn't have the potential to live on.
bounty hunters are even paid very little and don't affect the price of tokens much.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Samboo

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

www.thegeomadao.com

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:38:53 AM

I do not think bounty hunters are main responsible for dumping price of coins. They get a small amount of bounty allocation. Moreover, not all bounty hunters are in hurry to sell off their bounty tokens. I think other factors like selling coins at a discount of over 70 percent during ICO are more responsible.

bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 08:45:51 AM

1) a project collected funds,
2) Funds allocation (among advisors, bla bla bla and bounty hunters)
3) Considering there are thousands of BH, the price of a token dropped dramatically
4) Investors bought token on ICO see this crap and less people invest in ICOs.

True or False?
I could say that you got the wrong perception when you think that bounty hunters kill ICO. Bounty allocations is so small that even when dump on the exchange it won't matter. The real reason why token's price dropped is the investors who bought millions of tokens from ICO which were cheap plus a big discounts. They are the ones that can afford to dump.
d_fitrie

Activity: 589
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 09:00:38 AM

Bounty hunter is a part of supporting the development of projects in the field of promotion to increase fundraising when ICO, bounty allocation is determined by the team and controlled so it does not go down dramatically, many of the best ICOs have passed the bounty hunter distribution without the constraints of dramatic price reduction
ife2020

Activity: 579
Merit: 13

Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 09:22:24 AM

A lot of people like to blame bounty hunters which is not good enough
Presale investors buy at a massive bonus of over 30%

Where as over 5,000 bounty hunters share just 5% of all total supply.

Ico are killed by project devs themselves and their investors.
Any lack of developments on the token leads to investors with so many bonuses to dump and move on while still in profit
Prolifik

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 09:27:34 AM

I think that the biggest dumpers are teams of ICOs. They raise money from token sale, but that is not enough, they want to sell their tokens (30-50% from all existing tokens). WHile bounty hunters have only 2-3% from the total supply. So how can they cause a dump?

Ta.Form

Activity: 244
Merit: 14

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 09:34:25 AM

I think that the biggest dumpers are teams of ICOs. They raise money from token sale, but that is not enough, they want to sell their tokens (30-50% from all existing tokens). WHile bounty hunters have only 2-3% from the total supply. So how can they cause a dump?
Yes, you are right. The main reason for the price drop is from their team. They even extend the time token sales with a bonus of 50%. I wonder. Why are they so enthusiastic to sell out their tokens at such a big discount. In fact, after that, they can not be listed on big exchanges.

sl8

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 10:28:34 AM

Yes, you are right. The main reason for the price drop is from their team. They even extend the time token sales with a bonus of 50%. I wonder. Why are they so enthusiastic to sell out their tokens at such a big discount. In fact, after that, they can not be listed on big exchanges.

Fair enoght. Team's working almost 24/7 and when ICO is over everyone (or not) wants to split his/her part. Bad or good, but we can understand them. However they usually take BTC and fiat but hold tokens. At least as far as I'm aware. They lock the tokens.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 11:19:08 AM

Scammers killed ICO.
How many ICO's don't paid nothing for bounty ?

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
indriasyifa

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 11:49:05 AM

we cannot say that all ICOs failed, many ICO projects were successful, and bounty hunters were also involved, ico's failure was not by bounty hunters, the failure of an ICO was caused by a management team that was unable to see opportunities and problems in ico, like they don't predict when it's time to register on the exchange, usually the bounty project is late for listing, they wait for stability so they lose the opportunity to fight to increase prices, and they don't dare to spend the budget to be listed in exchange which is really good.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
dtb.agency (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 34

SMM.INFO – Cheapest SMM Services from Vendor

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 11:53:49 AM

By the way, unless you do marketmaking, token will go definetely down.

⭐️SMM INFO SMM Panel – buy cheap likes, followers, views ⭐️
➡️➡️➡️http://smm.info ⬅️⬅️⬅️
aggress0r

Activity: 1050
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:06:50 PM

It's a bit dubious remark mate. I also thought that bountyhunters could really make a difference by dumping.
But a lot of projects have a pool of %1-2 shares of advertisers and not all of them are dumping so that's a drop in the ocean.
If the project is solid this is a good way to increase a deposit.
prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:29:36 PM

FALSE.

We all know that hunters can and impact token price but this is true only in low liquidity markets.
And liquidity comes form secondary investors and traders.
I see that ICOs where like a wheel, those investors who got huge ROIs from the first bubble ICOs continued to invest because it was too easy in the first time, they reinvested till they made a decision to stop losing money. The made money was lost and investors lost, new investors are very hard to come by.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 12:37:29 PM

With the allocation of only 5% to 15% for bounty hunters, I dont think, selling all that will collapse ICO price. There are other factors for example private investors who got the tokens/coins with huge discount, which actually affects the price. So its not bounty hunters who killed ICO.
Also the fun raising technology has changed and every project is now running IEO and still with involvement of bounty hunters.

Dannev

Activity: 169

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 12:47:35 PM

I don't agree with this if you are asking or suggesting bounty hunters killed ICO. My question is this, why will a project embark on a bounty campaign when there's no resources or funds to pay the hunters that worked? It's also their time and efforts invested in that project. There's no blaming hunters cos they only received payment for their labour.
Tccrypto

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 01:10:00 PM

You don't have to blame bounty hunters for the failure of some crypto projects. If a project is good and prospective and there are evidences to prove its quality such as good price, a real working project and a sound team, trust me even bounty hunters will want to hodl.

✦ RachelX ✦
 ❝THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY❞
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 02:57:26 PM

Please note that many projects allocate about 40% of tokens for sale, but the rest goes to the team, advisers, fund, which they use at their discretion. In this case, 60% of the tokens that are received free of charge remain, so if you sell them at a price lower than the ICO price, you can make the dump very deep. Bounty hunters will not greatly affect the project if it is really valuable, interesting and the team allocates part of the raised funds during the ICO to maintain the price of the coin on the exchange.
Peterdav

Activity: 840

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 03:06:26 PM

Absolutely false, I think you have to correct it.
My opinion:
- A large bonus is the main factor a token price dropped
- Project does not run according to the roadmap and does not develop
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

airbet.io

View Profile
August 14, 2019, 03:35:09 PM

During this time BPUNTY HUNTER helped ICO to grow by spreading about the projects they participated in.  if the ICO fails because the bounty hunter factor is also not entirely, because the allocation of tokens provided to the bounty is only a few percent.  what really matters is the number of investors and the development of the projects and their benefits.  If the bounty hunter is indicated to affect market prices, then the bounty hunter token can be distributed after the investors' tokens are distributed and sold in the market.

airbet 
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██