Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 04:32:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how do you identify a transparent project team?  (Read 1170 times)
De4ted

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 12:45:35 PM

I think that there is no proper way to identify a transparent project team. The only way is to avoid any unknown development team, and take part only in projects that have famous personalities in the development team.
Agreed, it is really hard to find if those people are legitimately in this field that is why I prefer to join bounty with a well-known people in the industry.

Seriously? they are taking advantage of the homeless people just for their selfish plans to make money out of their no use case tokens.
I dont think this is true, LOL surely they dont have time to do this because they dont really care.
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:00:58 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2019, 01:22:41 PM by bitsurfer2014

I believe that there are several ways to verify the legitimacy of a project team and some are listed below:

1. Try to convince the team to conduct an AMA via online video conference and ask questions including technical ones that
    are relevant to the project (If the team don't know what they are talking about especially with development aspects, then
    we could consider it as a red flag)

2. Research and verify their social media profiles especially on Linkedin and Github profiles - (for core developers) and assess
    if they are really who they say they are and try to see their previous activity on projects they have worked on.

3. Observe if they have good community management and if they are regularly interacting with the community via social media
    channels and see if they are always ready to assist on any concerns  of the community. (most legit projects often responds
    to the community's queries mostly in a daily basis and if you didn't get any response to one of your queries, then beware of
    this project).

4. Observe if they are posting any documentation or pictures of team activities (e.g. attending a crypto conference, symposiums)
    If none of these has been published, chances are the project is a scam.

5. Additionally, you could check these threads that might be useful regarding your concern.

Guidelines, how to spot a scam ICO & report effectively
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5004397.0

Scam Accusations
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:25:49 PM

If the project is a scam, it would be really silly of its team to show their true identities. In most cases, they just find some pics online and use them as the images of their “Chief Financial Officers” or “advisors,” as was seen  in Empire Card who used a picture of French actress Sabine de Poncins, little known outside of France, as the portrait of their proud imaginary CEO Patricia Harrison. There have even been reports of Ryan Gosling “working” for a project as a designer under a completely different name.   
Some scammers are, however, way more intricate. They know it’s quite easy to reveal a fake pic so they just hire people to pose as their CEOs, CFOs, and so forth. Rumor has it that certain scammers even pay homeless people to pretend they’re leading a disruptive startup to a bright and radiant future. This fraud is much harder to call out, but at least those guys help homeless people in some way, so here’s your silver lining.

Based on what I learned about projects that it is unpredictable that is why one must really make a proper research about the project ask here at the forum that is a great option but another option is is to make it a research about it at like google or yahoo. in some cases people just want to invest and do not make any kind of research so in the end it is a scam therefore negativity starts. So, I would say learn from that mistake or if your not into researching you and just invest be ready and invest the amount that you are ready to lose.

If research does not work because people still doest have any kind of idea that the project is a scam from the very start I would suggest reallly that YOU MUST BE READY ON THE GAMBLE AMOUNT THAT YOU WILL LOSE . not being negative it is just reality when it comes joining project because if it is not a scam than the project failed possible 50 50 chances if getting your money or if you got it in the same amount you gave for them to invest from the very first place the project started.
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:28:03 PM

If the project is a scam, it would be really silly of its team to show their true identities. In most cases, they just find some pics online and use them as the images of their “Chief Financial Officers” or “advisors,” as was seen  in Empire Card who used a picture of French actress Sabine de Poncins, little known outside of France, as the portrait of their proud imaginary CEO Patricia Harrison. There have even been reports of Ryan Gosling “working” for a project as a designer under a completely different name.   
Some scammers are, however, way more intricate. They know it’s quite easy to reveal a fake pic so they just hire people to pose as their CEOs, CFOs, and so forth. Rumor has it that certain scammers even pay homeless people to pretend they’re leading a disruptive startup to a bright and radiant future. This fraud is much harder to call out, but at least those guys help homeless people in some way, so here’s your silver lining.

Fraudsters who use other people's photos, copy white paper or engage in other plagiarism is not so difficult to calculate. They do not pose a serious danger to the crypto market. Much more dangerous are those scammers who make a completely unique project with their documents and photos. They are much more difficult to determine.

nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 01:32:09 PM

I personally don't think there's any perfect way for the identification of the project team members. Most times, the best we can do is follow the project loyally and get a realistic opinion about the project. This could be achieved by testing all facts to know if they're true.

AwoCorporation

Activity: 296

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 02:49:35 PM

some projects do not publish the whole team working on the project. but there are successful, and have real developments in the market. while there are some that publish but the results of plagiarizing teams from other projects. their purpose is nothing but deception, be careful.

wedosgibas

Activity: 535
Merit: 33

here we go

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 03:07:57 PM

I think it's rather difficult to know that their team is real or fake, I don't think too much if their identities and projects don't have reviews in internet, I prefer not to join that project. Because I prefer to follow projects with teams that are transparent on social media or active public events, and some of their project reviews in well-known media.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 03:14:55 PM

Its very hard to identify a transparent project teams because humans are created with no abilities of reading others mind, any promises a project team gives investors are still promises which can end up a failure,there is one thing many project teams always do wrong,they failed to keep investors as their first priority,i as a investor always like teams that have nothing to hide,tell us the truth of anything that is going on either it will hurt or not

mirgo1791

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 03:21:50 PM

with use of reference as the white paper on projects website as the ico terms of offers deliverance, investors might gains of customs with difference on unit as option on identifying details to returns with one of decision to put of option on market with the ieo exchange.

💌💌💌💌💌        DO NEAR - GAMES ARE LOVE         💌💌💌💌💌
SaidNurs

Activity: 176
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 03:26:36 PM

The scammers will always update the action according to the new trend. For example one of the actions that the team on a project after doing research looks convincing, but the reality at the end of the project is a scam.
One of the characteristics of a transparent project team is that I feel that the team can be relied upon and the team communicates with the project group to the members.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 03:37:32 PM

Its really not an easy task identifying the genuine project team but its is very much achievable when you follow the right steps. What i do in situations like this is go through their linkedin profiles if available but in a situation where it isnt, you will have to manually search with the provided names on the project website and cross reference with what you see on linkedin or Facebook.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
thiscomm

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 03:43:04 PM

I think there are many ways we can take to find out whether the program that we are taking does not fool us. The first step is to make sure you are following a program that is registered on a trusted platform. secondly before you join you should do a question and answer with the project development team by entering their telegram group. then you can contact directly the contact of the development team admin of the program. well that's where you can find out whether the program can be trusted and transparent in conveying their work processes in developing the program.

r e c k o o n             ONE STOP SHOPPING APP
Global Shopping Platform (https://ieo.reckoon.com/)
[[[[[[
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1052

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2019, 04:12:09 PM

there were teams who shows faces on youtube videos actually that still turned out scam. its why you should be anxious to a project that offers project that's too ambitious. just to cite one example of the team who show their shameless faces on youtube but manage to scam people, BUBBLETONE project is just one. this is why even when this is suppose to be decentralized, we really need regulations because of them.

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                                 
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████
   ██████████████████    █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌      ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████
|
  Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income
         Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!   
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄
  ▄█████████████
 █████████▀ ▀▀███▄
▐███▌   ▀    ▐████
▐████        █████
 █████▀    ▄█████▀
  ▀█████████████
    ▀▀███████▀
   ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄█████████████▄
▄████████▀▀   ███
████▀▀  ▄█▀  ████
██▄▄ ▄█▀     ████
▀█████      █████
 ▀████▄███▄ ███▀
    ▀███████▀
magnum cyber

Activity: 775
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 04:36:32 PM

First I will look at their previous experience, then find out their background in several sources including, on forums, social media, and several other sources listed in their gift chains. overall it is difficult to find fraudulent projects but we can reconsider if you feel there is something suspicious with the team and that is what needs to be decided before you fall into it.

Shepard777

Activity: 532
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 05:33:00 PM

I do this using the official site of the project. First I look at the linkendin profiles, if they are not there, I immediately discard this project, and if they are there, I check them for activity and look at my work experience, does it match what is described on the site, and then I look for profiles on social networks by name and surname.

Mianae

Activity: 798
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:20:13 PM

The only time I believe a project team is real is looking for their project on icobench, once the top team member like the CEO and CTO has passed KYC exercise, I trust the project is real to an extent but without this, I'm always sceptical about project team members.
Ben Shedly

Activity: 242

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 06:32:41 PM

Now there are banks of photographs that collect photos taken by professionals. There are photos of people who are not found anywhere else on the Internet. Many fraudulent projects can buy photos on such sites. I also met a project where the "main developer" once a week on a video answered user questions. We only later learned that he was a hired actor.
Scammers are becoming more inventive every day.

AndRE177

Activity: 322

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 05, 2019, 07:51:57 PM

How much money does it take to turn a homeless person into a person who looks like a financial director? Homeless people often fight and have bruises and scratches, and they also have bad teeth.
It seems to me much simpler and cheaper to hire actors to make the photos that fraudsters need.
In any case, I am glad that there are people on the forum who are looking for scammers and help people not to be deceived.

Ss4sukE

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 05:33:05 AM

there are many ways scammers try to deceive investors including one of them using homelessness and changing it as part of the project team, often I find their profile team photos look ridiculous that they have edited, and to ensure their transparency we need to explore both in the forum , social media, or other sources.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄[/url (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
Freescan

Activity: 397

View Profile
September 06, 2019, 12:33:20 PM

The way I identify the project team that is transparent is to find out their origin on the Google site, their website, social media channels and in the bounty announcement. I always follow an experienced project team like the project I'm currently on because this team has a good reputation in managing previous projects.

[                   Ethernity.Cloud                   ]
PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021   |   REGISTER HERE
▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: