Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:30:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look For In A Bounty Campaign  (Read 1143 times)
Doranile432

Activity: 476
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:59:03 PM

To say the truth, the first thing i always care about when looking or doing research on a bounty project is reward, how any tokens im going to get and how much its going to be in USD? then i will move on to how real the teams are

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Brybro27 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Bounty Management - t.me/Brybro

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 03:03:07 PM

To say the truth, the first thing i always care about when looking or doing research on a bounty project is reward, how any tokens im going to get and how much its going to be in USD? then i will move on to how real the teams are

Please don't take this in the wrong way or anything, but I'm curious, how has this worked out for you, if you don't mind sharing?

If you read through all the responses, you'd see that the responses are quite contradicting of one another. Some people highly value the project and its team before even considering bounty campaigns, while others like yourself, only look at the reward and then worry about the other conditions.

Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:15:14 PM

I don't have enough cash to flow into altcoins and yet i want to be prepared for crypto future especially next altcoin season, what i planned to do is find very good bounties and hodl on to the tokens maybe the project will survive but no way to know than taking the risk

acepro

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:21:04 PM

Most hunters do chase bounty campaigns that have high reward estimates and most of them are less concerned about MVP or the like, I myself chose Bounty not thinking too much about MVP, but during this project I feel a little good and the rewards they offer are high I will follow.
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:21:24 PM

I stop promoting promising projects, most promising projects i have promoted ends up a big failure, its kinda like projects that will work out in the end don't bother giving out promises to hunters and investors, they stay focus and belief that whatever they are going to achieve is up to them,not promises

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Senar Gitar

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:49:34 PM

What Are You Looking For in a Bounty Campaign?
1. Real project
2. Quality products
3. a solid team & developer, with a good background.
4. Good gift

But the question for you, are you part of the project that you are referring to? I feel that you are very sensitive about your intended project. It seems you want to introduce your new project so that many people are interested and join in it? well, if so you have good marketing. but remember that now investors are smarter and more selective before taking part in projects. they will not put money in the wrong place let alone the project you are referring to in the new project category.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s  ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
─────────  (❪   https://ico.diagon.io/    ❫)  ────────
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 04:55:49 PM

@TanakabZX, @acepro, @Novatech8, @Doranile432, @Kezacky - Based on your feedback, do you mind commenting with your thoughts on the campaign I'm currently managing and providing any input on what you think of the project, rewards, and rules/requirements for the campaign? All this would be very insightful and good to know for future campaigns!

You can access my bounty thread here!

Thanks in advance!

kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:00:12 PM

Reward is a talk on this, too low budget will not be a good thing to have, atleast a decent or average will do as long as the project is good.
Most Participants now are looking on a project which will be listed on an IEO ( with good exchange ranking).
A softcap reached is an addition. the time of campaign is also an issue, 3-4 months is enough. 2 is better while 6 weeks below is the best target
Undevd

Activity: 686
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:01:46 PM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

So my question to you all, what do you look for in a bounty campaign?
Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!

1. Goal of the project and solutions
2. Quality of website design and whitepaper
3. Bounty budget
4. Verified team(IcoBench, IcoHolder)
5. MVP(Not so important, but if there is - good)
And finally I just sum this all and make a decision.

━ ━━━━   ┃      CESTATES.io       ┃    BUY   ●   EARN   ●   SELL    ━━━━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━ ━━━━     Tokenized Real Estate Platform     ━━━━ ━━━ ━━
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 05:02:21 PM

What Are You Looking For in a Bounty Campaign?
1. Real project
2. Quality products
3. a solid team & developer, with a good background.
4. Good gift

But the question for you, are you part of the project that you are referring to? I feel that you are very sensitive about your intended project. It seems you want to introduce your new project so that many people are interested and join in it? well, if so you have good marketing. but remember that now investors are smarter and more selective before taking part in projects. they will not put money in the wrong place let alone the project you are referring to in the new project category.

For your first three points, how do you determine if they meet your expectations? Do you research anything specific like LinkedIn, ICO reviews, etc..?

As for the bounty campaign I'm managing, yes I'm sensitive to the project because I want to see it succeed. A lot of this input I've been receiving has been very valid and has lead to a few changes to the bounty campaign. For example, just yesterday, I convinced the PlanChain team to allow me to double the rewards because I thought they were too low.

However, the meaning of this thread was to receive feedback on the bounty campaign and not necessarily persuade people to join it. I've shared my bounty thread with multiple users to ask for their specific feedback on the rewards, project, rules/requirements, and other bounty related information. But, I have never asked anyone to join or anything as that will come once I have the bounty campaign tailored to most people's needs/expectations.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 05:05:10 PM

Reward is a talk on this, too low budget will not be a good thing to have, atleast a decent or average will do as long as the project is good.
Most Participants now are looking on a project which will be listed on an IEO ( with good exchange ranking).
A softcap reached is an addition. the time of campaign is also an issue, 3-4 months is enough. 2 is better while 6 weeks below is the best target

So I've noticed a decent amount of people touch on the budget of a campaign. I can see why this matters if the campaign was stake-based and there were a lot of participants. This would result in a lower than expected reward obviously.

However, if the rewards are fixed, does the budget even matter? Also, wouldn't a lower budget be a good thing as it would result in less of a dump, if that project was to ever hit the market?

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:28:23 PM

I will always look to see firstly if the product or service is something that can get a good market share and there is a need for it. Also, I like to check to see how good the caliber of the Team is and if the Team are active and professional enough to grow the business that they want to take to market. I also check to see if there is a good and growing community that is standing behind the project and of course I will check to see if the rewards are worth my time because, at the end of the day, time is of the essence. We need to value our time more so it is imperative that we find a combination of both good projects and also a decent remuneration package for our bounty hunting activities. We are providing our time and service, so we should get a decent return for investing our time. I do feel the one in my signature is a fine project as it is really filling a much-needed niche market.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:37:20 PM

One of the main criteria in a bounty is a professional bounty manager who knows what he is doing and keeps track of time. As far as the project itself is concerned, the finished product is important.
And also the planned listing for a specific date and for a specific exchange. The list of partners with confirmation of partnership will also not be redundant.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 05:45:56 PM

One of the main criteria in a bounty is a professional bounty manager who knows what he is doing and keeps track of time. As far as the project itself is concerned, the finished product is important.
And also the planned listing for a specific date and for a specific exchange. The list of partners with confirmation of partnership will also not be redundant.

Do you mind providing more information on how you determine if the bounty manager is professional and everything? Do you go based on their profile and other bounties they managed? Do you look them up anywhere else outside of Bitcointalk?

This would be very helpful information for me to know, so thank you in advance!

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 06:03:37 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2019, 06:39:20 PM by poornamelessme

Answer this honestly, if you were asked to provide all of that info from random strangers, all for a grand total of like $10-$50 in bounties, would you willingly do it?  And also figure about half the time the bounty would be completely worthless. I can't fathom why anyone would bother. It's not like the old days anymore when a bounty could be worth 1-2 btc.

If it is a project that I've researched thoroughly and believe it is worth it, yes, I would complete the KYC for that project. I've done it already a few times for a few projects, and these projects I invested in as well. I've had no regrets doing it either as they turned out to be as good of projects as I believed they would be based on my research.

But have you willingly given complete strangers all of your personal information, including a copy of your license or passport, plus utility bill, for $10? I'm not talking about ICOs or exchanges, or where there is a chance of making decent money. I mean bounties that usually pay barely anything. If yes, you are taking a greater risk than most. If no, that means you wouldn't even do your own campaign for free coins ... and that kind of answers your question why it's not exactly taking off.

If you have done cheapo bounties, then I'd recommend you re-evaluate your criteria there and consider the risk involved.

Forget if a project looks like it's worth it ... a zillion scams out there, and plenty have looked like decent projects. There is no way in the world I'd trust complete strangers here like that, no matter how fancy their website looked.

I hope you can at least understand where I am coming from. And why many feel a similar way. It's just too risky for most people. Now if doing the ICO thing, at least then some may take that risk. But nowadays most would prefer going for an IEO ... ICOs, unless from some well known company, probably isn't such a good idea. And you are asking for tips on a bounty campaign, not ICO, so KYC for an ICO is one thing (which I still dislike)... but KYC for a bounty seems ridiculous to a lot of people.

Anyway, I'll mention one other thing that bounty folks tend to like -- a real plan to get the coin on exchanges. So if the team can get the coin on an exchange while the campaign is ongoing, even if it's a smaller (yet not completely dinky) exchange, it's a plus.
terencio

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 06:49:43 PM

Apart far from BOUNTY Budget, I always look if the project has a chance to be successful and be listed on the exchanges. It has a huge support from the community, the communication is constant and the rule of the bounty is clear from the beginning .

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 07:26:47 PM

I stop promoting promising projects, most promising projects i have promoted ends up a big failure, its kinda like projects that will work out in the end don't bother giving out promises to hunters and investors, they stay focus and belief that whatever they are going to achieve is up to them,not promises
Similarly with my experience. Almost all of the grandiose ICO projects ended in nothing. Even if I counted a lot of tokens, which should have amounted to tens of thousands of dollars, in almost all cases I did not receive anything at all. At the same time, ordinary and unremarkable ICO projects with not very large amounts of tokens bring a good profit.
Now, in ICO projects, I primarily pay attention to what the team will do, that is, what is the idea of ​​the project, whether there will be a real product, whether their token will be in demand. I also draw attention to the possibility of having passive income from this project. In that case, in addition to constant profit, the token should not fall significantly in price, I do not like the race for the profitable sale of new tokens. I like the stability of profit, even if it will be small. I think that the future lies in projects with passive income, following the example of stocks.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 07:46:04 PM

I have a different perspective this year for any interested project, the most important thing is if team can raise the fund in this market? I have bounty managers I follow, I think sapta wont want to be involved in projects that will soil his name as a staff of this forum. Then check if the team have no record of scam and they are credible. Their is a different to reward,this also depend on the stage of the project when the distribution takes place.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 08:41:52 PM

But have you willingly given complete strangers all of your personal information, including a copy of your license or passport, plus utility bill, for $10? I'm not talking about ICOs or exchanges, or where there is a chance of making decent money. I mean bounties that usually pay barely anything. If yes, you are taking a greater risk than most. If no, that means you wouldn't even do your own campaign for free coins ... and that kind of answers your question why it's not exactly taking off.

For $10, no. I agree with that, but I don't think it is relevant to my campaign as the Twitter bounty on its own can pay out up to $30 minimum if you fully participate. This doesn't include any other participation from the other bounties which are just as easy of tasks to complete and earn more tokens. So I completely agree and understand your argument, however, I don't think it applies to my campaign since the rewards are reasonable in my mind. But then I guess it just comes down to how much someone is willing to give up their personal information for.

Anyway, I'll mention one other thing that bounty folks tend to like -- a real plan to get the coin on exchanges. So if the team can get the coin on an exchange while the campaign is ongoing, even if it's a smaller (yet not completely dinky) exchange, it's a plus.

I'm not sure about while the campaign is ongoing, but at least some type of discussion or agreement at the end of the campaign would definitely be ideal. At least for my campaign, since it is on the VeChainThor Blockchain and closely related to Safe Haven, I believe it is highly likely that OceanEx will list it shortly after the TGE concludes. But unfortunately, that won't be determined until late in the campaign.

leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 08:42:08 PM

A project with a better product's likely going to reward you better in the long run as well, especially if you plan on holding your rewards for a longer period of time. You could be sitting on a significant sum of money in time if the project you advertised becomes successful and its token or coin price rises. Lower rewards would be fine in that case. I also look for a well-developed campaign and one that's backed by reputable members of the community when applicable, and ones that I notice with lower-quality posters I usually steer away from. That's a sign that there's carelessness with the bounty manager or even with the project, which is never a good thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: