Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:24:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look For In A Bounty Campaign  (Read 1143 times)
Brybro27 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Bounty Management - t.me/Brybro

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2019, 07:52:49 PM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

So my question to you all, what do you look for in a bounty campaign?
Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 11:05:30 PM

The reward doesn't matter a lot but the minimum viable product is something that is needed to be considered as an indicator about how serious that platform to create such a new product that can bring a lot of benefits to the users.
But some people may consider rewards as the main consideration too. At least put fixed rules that will give a lot of information to the hunters.
You may have the right to change the rules but just do your best to and you must not try to change anything at the end of the campaign.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 11:36:11 PM

Reward must be commensurate with the task to be performed. Show data about the allocation for the bounty so that the bounty hunter knows how much reward is given. Then give a concise, concise and clear review of the project and its strengths.

The most important thing about KYC, if the bounty is without KYC then many are interested and start participating in the project, because it's easier without KYC. Next do promotion to every social media that you have.
if there are already many participants, do regular updates to the participants' threads and spreadsheets.
aioc

Activity: 2898
Merit: 567

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 11:56:55 PM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!

I think you need to post the link of the website and the bounty campaign you're managing so we can see it and judge on how it performs, people will join a campaign depending on how good is the project, bounty hunters are not joining bounty campaign for the sake of joining one, send us the name of the project and we'll tell you if it's worth joining.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 12:30:52 AM

Thanks!

I think you need to post the link of the website and the bounty campaign you're managing so we can see it and judge on how it performs, people will join a campaign depending on how good is the project, bounty hunters are not joining bounty campaign for the sake of joining one, send us the name of the project and we'll tell you if it's worth joining.

You can view the bounty campaign I'm managing here. I made a unique account with the project's name because I thought it would be more professional rather than having a random username. But now I know that the profile's rank in which the bounty is posted is a very important aspect as well as it shows credibility.

But, any feedback or suggestions you could provide, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1592

hmph..

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 12:45:05 AM

<snip..>
<snip>

For me, I am looking for bounty campaign has potential in the future. I am working for that project, of course i want to get token/coin payment that i can sell someday. Better product is one of value to make me trust, especially if that project already working well. Higher rewards is not my points to join, but how the BM limited participant is the best way for me. Higher rewards, bounty hunter participants unlimited it looks like doesn't have any potential in the future.

Paying with top 10 CMC coin/token, with limited participant is more effective than unlimited participants, but they are just spamming this forum. And your team dev can save their token project from dumping price who blame bounty hunter.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 01:05:54 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2019, 01:20:31 AM by poornamelessme

Thanks!

Number 1 is NO KYC. Not that I am opposed to the KYC in theory, but I'm not about to hand over my personal info and documents to some random developer. If a bounty requires KYC, nothing else about it matters, I simply won't take part in it.

Hopefully the project is well laid out, info is available on all devs working on the project, and of course it helps if the project makes sense. A bounty for a coin so we can use cryptos to pay for taxis or dental work probably wouldn't  be considered a top notch groundbreaking coin, for instance.

Don't change any rules or terms as the bounty goes along. Have the rules all written out in plain English and have an easy way for participants to contact you if there is an issue.

And a biggie here: payouts. Ideally pay out on a set schedule using btc or eth. And if that can't be managed, payout in the token/coin itself as the campaign goes along. A single big payout at the end may result in the same thing (or same number of coins per participant), but a zillion projects pack up before the bounty is even over, resulting in folks just wasting their time. So something needs to be paid out on a set schedule.

Edit: And I just checked the campaign the OP is running.

KYC required, devs can change the terms at any point, pretty low payouts ... that type of campaign wouldn't get a second glance from me, to be honest.

Beats me why bounties would require KYC. I mean, it can't be anti-laundering due to the tokens not really having any value to begin with and besides, it's not an issue of coins being exchanged in the first place. As someone running a campaign, I have to ask, why do devs even institute KYC for a bounty campaign? The only logical reasons I can come up with tend to be nefarious reasons.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 01:31:41 AM

Thanks!
I have participated in bounty campaigns since i started to learn about cryptocurrencies and since i learn how to earn cryptos in bitcointalk. I always value the project with a great potential to be successfull when its ICO is finish and continue to develop yhe project. The high rewards coming from a bounty campaigns is just only a bonus in supporting the project.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 02:11:31 AM

Thanks!
Beats me why bounties would require KYC. I mean, it can't be anti-laundering due to the tokens not really having any value to begin with and besides, it's not an issue of coins being exchanged in the first place. As someone running a campaign, I have to ask, why do devs even institute KYC for a bounty campaign? The only logical reasons I can come up with tend to be nefarious reasons.

KYC is actually the complete opposite then what you think. A project that requires KYC is more credible that one that doesn't. It shows that they have taken the necessary legal steps in order to safely plan out their public sale, whether it is an ICO or IEO. It is very rare to see a professional startup not require KYC these days.

Bounty campaigns are also labeled as investment transactions as well by most countries, hence, while KYC is required for bounty campaigns as well.

So I understand that KYC could be a burden to complete, but it is very necessary and I'm not sure why people complain so much about it. It has so many perks so you need to do a better job when researching projects because it is obvious which projects are scams or not legitimate.

Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 02:12:47 AM

Thanks!
I have participated in bounty campaigns since i started to learn about cryptocurrencies and since i learn how to earn cryptos in bitcointalk. I always value the project with a great potential to be successfull when its ICO is finish and continue to develop yhe project. The high rewards coming from a bounty campaigns is just only a bonus in supporting the project.

Any chance you could comment on my bounty campaign and what you like and/or dislike about it? I'm all ears right now so don't be afraid to be honest. I want to help the project grow as much as possible and the only way to do that is to have a balance between bounty hunters and the project.

poornamelessme

Activity: 1204

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 02:54:58 AM

KYC is actually the complete opposite then what you think. A project that requires KYC is more credible that one that doesn't. It shows that they have taken the necessary legal steps in order to safely plan out their public sale, whether it is an ICO or IEO. It is very rare to see a professional startup not require KYC these days.

Bounty campaigns are also labeled as investment transactions as well by most countries, hence, while KYC is required for bounty campaigns as well.

So I understand that KYC could be a burden to complete, but it is very necessary and I'm not sure why people complain so much about it. It has so many perks so you need to do a better job when researching projects because it is obvious which projects are scams or not legitimate.

Only 'perk' of KYC I am aware of is identity theft.

I've been around for years w/ crypto, so this isn't a new thing to me. I'm well aware of how many scams have been about. And just because a project requires KYC hardly means it's immune to being a scam.

I'm also aware that identity theft is a real thing, and no sane person would willingly provide their personal info + documents to a random dev team here. If you can't understand why this is an issue, then I suggest you start researching identity theft.

And before you bring up the fact that exchanges require KYC, I'll also state it's a necessary evil in that situation. Besides the fact that exchanges should have extra safeguards to protect your identity (at least some do), in those cases we probably are talking about much larger sums of money at stake vs the pittance most bounties pay out.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:15:13 AM

Thanks!

This is exceptional of you directly reaching out to the bounty hunters themselves. Let me give you my two cents.

In general, bounty hunters are looking for a couple of things. One is legitimacy/reliability of the project. The second is high reward. But the two should go together. If one is missing, that is enough good reason for them to steer away from promoting your project.

I am speaking of myself and perhaps the majority of bounty hunters of this forum. We do a little background checking of the project we are promoting. We may do a quick glance over your whitepaper, social media accounts, ANN thread, website, and review sites. If the result is positive, we are going to take a look at the rewards. If it is too small and there are already many participants, I might proceed to check another project. But if it is good enough, I will be glad to work for it. But if the project is offering millions and millions in tokens but everything looks shady, like their project team is a bit off, that's scrap for me.

And please, look for a good and responsive manager. People here do not like managers or admins with bad temper. 
Brybro27 (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2019, 03:20:51 AM

Thanks!

This is exceptional of you directly reaching out to the bounty hunters themselves. Let me give you my two cents.

In general, bounty hunters are looking for a couple of things. One is legitimacy/reliability of the project. The second is high reward. But the two should go together. If one is missing, that is enough good reason for them to steer away from promoting your project.

I am speaking of myself and perhaps the majority of bounty hunters of this forum. We do a little background checking of the project we are promoting. We may do a quick glance over your whitepaper, social media accounts, ANN thread, website, and review sites. If the result is positive, we are going to take a look at the rewards. If it is too small and there are already many participants, I might proceed to check another project. But if it is good enough, I will be glad to work for it. But if the project is offering millions and millions in tokens but everything looks shady, like their project team is a bit off, that's scrap for me.

And please, look for a good and responsive manager. People here do not like managers or admins with bad temper. 

Thanks for the comments. A few of mine if you don't mind:

I've heard many people state that a large number of participants steer potential bounty hunters away. Is that because most bounties are staked-based and the more participants, the less the reward?

Also, what would you say high rewards are technically when it comes to the different types of bounties?

Lastly, if you have time, would you be able to review my bounty thread and provide feedback based on your own initial thoughts? I really want to help the project I'm managing grow and increase its exposure, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Bounty Thread Link

Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 03:50:15 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for the comments. A few of mine if you don't mind:

I've heard many people state that a large number of participants steer potential bounty hunters away. Is that because most bounties are staked-based and the more participants, the less the reward?

Also, what would you say high rewards are technically when it comes to the different types of bounties?

Lastly, if you have time, would you be able to review my bounty thread and provide feedback based on your own initial thoughts? I really want to help the project I'm managing grow and increase its exposure, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Bounty Thread Link

I took a quick tour in your bounty thread. Here's what I found:

1. "PlanChain has allocated 1,500,000 PLAN tokens (~$30,000 USD)" This ~$30,000 USD may be good enough in terms of little tasks such as retweet, etc. but I am almost certain that by the time PLAN will hit the market, this amount will probably be around 5,000 USD.

2. ~$30,000 USD for 6 different campaigns and in a couple of months might actually be too low.

3. "All participants must complete the KYC Registration process on the PlanChain website to receive any reward." If you can, remove this. This is a complete BS to the majority of the bounty hunters here. Imagine a participant of yours having this: "Reward: 100 PLAN (~$2.00)" undergoing all this intrusive KYC process.

4. Your reward system is not stake-based, right? But you have pegged your total reward at 1,500,000 PLAN tokens? And since you have no limit as to the number of participants, how could you be sure that there is enough for everyone in this 1,500,000 PLAN tokens allocation?

Good luck!
OnceTwiceThird

Activity: 606
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:06:43 AM

I check with signature campaign participants, are hero or senior member there or not, without higher level participation maybe this bounty campaign is not worth.
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:19:10 AM

For a bounty campaign, I search for a reasonable pool and work with a reputable team. because right now there are a lot of bad projects managed by bad managers.
After the project is completed, they often postpone the token distribution and make unreasonable terms.
I really need them to be serious and respect us, respect what they say and promise before the campaign ends.

MI6

Activity: 1260
Merit: 504

Betking.io - Best Bitcoin Casino

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:26:04 AM

Logical product that really can be developed well, and of course highest bounty allocation. With 2 of that i usually join the signature campaign. Because not only high amount of reward, we as bounty hunters must think as investor too. And look project that can be really good not only in sale, but in realize project and market. Because it can make us have big rewards too.

Swingle

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 04:34:47 AM

I check the use case of the project to ascertain it potential within the cryptospace as well as confirm the board members and finally confirm if the project is already listed or has a high chances of been listed in a reputable exchange.
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:31:30 AM

1. Seriousness of the team
2. Professions of the team
3. Are they real or not
4. Past histories of work and the reason of the present project
5. Roadmaps and exchange listing
I believe this five points of mine is very necessary before any other things in every bounty

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 05:50:38 AM

Find quality posters. That is all I can say as advice. This does not mean language only too,,, this means the posters actually use the project and know about it, and are interested in discussing the aspects of the project.

I see so many bounties with empty discussions with posters who have 0 knowledge of the product.

All bounty people look for rewards but if you also engage quality posters they want to give something back to the project.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀