Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:18:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Do You Look For In A Bounty Campaign  (Read 1143 times)
serantepe

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 01:43:50 PM

I can congratulate you on your first project and first work. This is a very interesting and responsible occupation. I would advise you to be attentive to scammers who steal tokens in the participants' tables.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.networ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 02:03:39 PM

Thanks for your feedback! If you don't mind, could you review my bounty campaign and provide your input, specifically about the three points you stated in your original comment? I'd be very curious to hear what you think of the rewards, the product, and if you foresee KYC being a huge impediment to the campaign.

PlanChain Bounty Thread

Thanks in advance!

Well.. I didn't looked in to the project in detail, but it looks interesting. One thing that I have noticed is that the review about this particular ICO is not available in any of the major ICO review sites. This lowers the success rate of the project. Also, I have noticed that there is no upper threshold for the number of participants in the social media bounties (Reddit, Twitter.etc). This can prove to be costly later, if thousands of users join with bots.

One thing that concerns me is the vagueness in the timeline. For example take this:

This bounty campaign has fixed token rewards and will run until Saturday, November 24th (23:59 Midnight CST), or until all tokens have been assigned as rewards!

The Nov 24 date is not a fixed one. Also, this one:

All rewards will be distributed shortly after the Token Generation Event (TGE) comes to a conclusion.

IMO, you need to give fixed dates and not assumptions.

Also, I have noticed that there is a KYC requirement. This is going to discourage more than 90% of the users.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 02:15:12 PM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

So my question to you all, what do you look for in a bounty campaign?
Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!

I am glad that on your first managed of the campaign has been good in result till the end.
One of the factor that I look for the bounty are such as follows:

- Always update the spreadsheet to all categories of the campaign, but be aware to those cheaters who are exploiting the
account of others.
- always give an updates what is going to the project campaign.
- The campaign must live during the IEO, ICO or whatever so that the community has an idea of ow many funds are raising at
- The whitepaper or road map must be realistic and unique
Brybro27 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11

Bounty Management - t.me/Brybro

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2019, 03:46:00 PM

Thanks for your feedback! If you don't mind, could you review my bounty campaign and provide your input, specifically about the three points you stated in your original comment? I'd be very curious to hear what you think of the rewards, the product, and if you foresee KYC being a huge impediment to the campaign.

PlanChain Bounty Thread

Thanks in advance!

Well.. I didn't looked in to the project in detail, but it looks interesting. One thing that I have noticed is that the review about this particular ICO is not available in any of the major ICO review sites. This lowers the success rate of the project. Also, I have noticed that there is no upper threshold for the number of participants in the social media bounties (Reddit, Twitter.etc). This can prove to be costly later, if thousands of users join with bots.

One thing that concerns me is the vagueness in the timeline. For example take this:

This bounty campaign has fixed token rewards and will run until Saturday, November 24th (23:59 Midnight CST), or until all tokens have been assigned as rewards!

The Nov 24 date is not a fixed one. Also, this one:

All rewards will be distributed shortly after the Token Generation Event (TGE) comes to a conclusion.

IMO, you need to give fixed dates and not assumptions.

Also, I have noticed that there is a KYC requirement. This is going to discourage more than 90% of the users.

I just want to thank you in advance for even reviewing my bounty thread and providing feedback. I really do appreciate your input and your time doing that!

Just to provide some information to the points you brought up:

1) PlanChain is very early in the startup stages in terms of being listed on ICO sites and other crypto-related forums. They've been hard at work developing the MVP the past few months and have just recently began the process of getting listed on these sites and forums. I completely agree with you that it is hard to be a credible project if you can't even find any sites with information the project! We are on a few now so hopefully this won't be an issue anymore.

2) There isn't a max number of participants per bounty because I wanted to make it unlimited for now and possibly cap it if we ever get to the point where we are getting close to the total tokens allocated. I have a running count of the total tokens rewarded every week so I will know as soon as we get close.

3) The end date of November 24th is fixed. The statement of "or until all rewards have been assigned" was just for safety measures in case we did see a large participation rate and had to end early due to exceeding allocated amount.

4) There were a ton of people who mentioned the same thing about having a defined date for the distribution. Unfortunately, at this time it can't be defined as we have to wait until the pre-sale ends, which isn't defined either. But, as soon as it ends, I've already told the team that a date will need to be specified immediately due to everyone's concerns. So I will have to update the thread as soon as I receive this date so all participants can be reassured on when they will receive their tokens!

Again, thanks for your feedback!

Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 05:32:52 PM

I have a different perspective this year for any interested project, the most important thing is if team can raise the fund in this market? I have bounty managers I follow, I think sapta wont want to be involved in projects that will soil his name as a staff of this forum. Then check if the team have no record of scam and they are credible. Their is a different to reward,this also depend on the stage of the project when the distribution takes place.
Recently, I can’t determine the prospects of a Bounty company at all due to the rating of managers.  I have repeatedly met such information that managers receive their remuneration for the work done in dollar terms, as well as in Bitcoin or Ethereum, and the participants of the Bounty company receive tokens that no one needs, because the project managed to refuse their tokens, therefore  I found a new product concept.  There are different developments, but I can determine the prospects of the project only by a deep technical analysis of all available information.

Very interesting concept and I couldn't agree more with your outlook.

As for my campaign, I'm getting paid in the native token of the project, which is PLAN. I agreed to this because I like the project and believe it will be successful in the market and in adoption. So I can see how it would be a bit sketchy to partake in a campaign where not even the bounty manager gets paid in the native token. Would be kind of sketchy in my eyes as well.

If you have the time and don't mind, I'd be very curious to hear more of your feedback but more specifically in terms of the bounty campaign I'm hosting currently. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

You can access the bounty thread here!
Of course, I will study all the information that you have provided to me.  I hope that I will be very interested.  But I want to assure you that my words are not categorical and do not reflect reality 100%.  Of course, I only expressed my opinions about the situation that I had to face.  Of course, there are quite a lot of Bounty managers on the bitcointalk forum who deserve respect as people and as professionals.
tonyja2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 05:34:45 PM

I participate in bounty campaigns partly to make more profit, partly to find good altcoins for long-term investment.  But now I have realized that altcoins are difficult to grow in the market because of the large holdback of BTC.  It's hard to choose a good altcoin to grow except for the top coins.

lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 05:54:01 PM

At this point now, both for the investor and for the bounty hunter, what we really want to see is the quality of the project and then, the geniuses of the team member which they have to prove beyond the normal thing they have been doing, all these you said of them being a very good project has been said in the long time too by some projects that has  failed and disappointed so many people, and right now, we are more being careful about just what we read here in the forum by the manager and also on their whitepaper.

One of the thing we would like to see is the team themselves, we need to be able to verify that your team is actually genuine, and one way to do so is show themselves to the world publicly in real video footage and not all those pictures they have I mean that is the next thing after we are convinced that the project will be a real working project.

desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 05:54:48 PM

Personally, I do not like that there is no clear date for the distribution of awards. As practice shows, projects that do not set a clear date are able to delay payments up to a year or more. This will clearly scare away many.

Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 06:05:06 PM

I have make up my mind to always promote projects that announced the exchanges they are going to list on because it matters alot, if token get listed on good exchange it will surely be tradable with good volume, after that i will then look at what the project have to offer

Apaxy

Activity: 512

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2019, 06:49:35 PM

I have make up my mind to always promote projects that announced the exchanges they are going to list on because it matters alot, if token get listed on good exchange it will surely be tradable with good volume, after that i will then look at what the project have to offer
You are really right, because you need to pay attention only to those projects where there are still reasons and grounds for their future prospects.  If the exchange already advertises a project, then undoubtedly the listing of these coins will be on this exchange.  First of all, I would pay attention to the announcements of the most promising exchanges, such as Binance and Kucoin.
Brybro27 (OP)

Activity: 98

Bounty Management - t.me/Brybro

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2019, 06:51:09 PM

Personally, I do not like that there is no clear date for the distribution of awards. As practice shows, projects that do not set a clear date are able to delay payments up to a year or more. This will clearly scare away many.

I don't like it either, but where we currently stand, a date hasn't been set as we don't want to rush the pre-sale and public sale. We are more focused on these rather than setting a defined date for distribution.

However, as soon as we have a more definitive timeline, a date will be set immediately and all hunters will be notified.

Ducky1

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 06:56:38 PM

I recently started managing my first bounty campaign, however, its been a few days and we have yet to see any traction.

The project I'm managing the campaign for is currently in their early startup stages, however, they are running on the VeChainThor Blockchain, they are closely related and in collaboration with an existing prominent project, and are set to release their MVP before the public sale is even set to end.

All these are clear indications, at least to myself, that the project is legitimate and seems to have potential to be a great success. So I would have expected to see more traction by now, but I haven't.

Do you value a project with a better product, or a project that is giving away higher rewards?
Are there any requirements that steer you away from participating in a campaign?

Any insight and feedback would be extremely helpful so that I can adjust my campaign if needed in order to maximize the results.

Thanks!
Undoubtedly, the product of the project is very important to me. But I will be very happy if the development team pays me a good reward)

.█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
.CARTESI.📱.LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS.
                               .█
                             .-███
                           .-███-███
                         ..███.   ███
                        .███.      ███
                      .███.         ███
                    .███-            ███
                  .███-               ███
                .███:.                 ███
              .███*.                   .███
 ████████████████████████████         .███████████████
 ███......................███.      .███-...........███
 .███                      ███.   .███-             .███
  .███                      ███ .███:.               .███
    ███.                    .██████.                   ███
     ███.                   .████.                      ███
      ███                  .█████.                      .███
      .███               .███. ███                       .███
        ███.           .███-    ███                        ███
         ███.        .███-      .███                        ███
          ██████████████         -█████████████████████████████
                    ███.                    .███
                     ███                  .███
                      ███:              .███
                       ███-           .███
                        ███.       .-███
                         ███.    .-███
                          ███  ..███
                          .███.███
                           .████
                            -█
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 03:42:29 AM

For me, an important factor when choosing a project is its product. If the product is needed and in demand, then this is a good signal. Next, the team is important and who supports the project, that is, partners. The future of the project depends on these people and whether it will be implemented at all. As for earnings, it is important for me here that conditions and cheating do not change, in other words, the project team must fulfill its original conditions for payments, and not change the conditions or find excuses.
Yes but it all comes down to the end of the campaign.
I think what OP is trying to ask here is what would they need in order to get us attracted to their campaign.
And I think all of us would agree to this terms,
No KYC : Because it is hard to give out our personal information and we don't know if they are trusted or not.
Sure reward : Something that would guarantee our reward as a bounty hunter ,Payment like ETH or something that could easily be traded.
Active Team : To keep us inform about the project and all of the important things that is happening .

If you thoroughly researched the project, would you consider doing KYC as long as you deemed them professional and trustworthy?
It all depends onthe condition of the bounty,
As you could see there are some who already announce it before the bounty starts,
And there are some who would announce it after the bounty ends.
If they already state it from the very start and the one who are managing the campaign is well known bounty manager then I might consider it after all it is thebounty manager's job to make sure that what he/she or they are holding is legit and trustworthy.

bgaf

Activity: 644
Merit: 257

Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 03:46:00 AM

As a hunter, we always wanted to promote a legit project and that is the number one concern for most hunters. Also, this includes a good working product and a superb team that working on it. I like projects that heavily focus on product and services, not just a project that focus on its token sale activity. Yes this is also an important factor but you can sense if the team only focusing on their sales and trading priority of the token their launching. Use cases is a must and must be shown to the public so we can assert some points on how the stance of the project will be.
Jorge158

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2019, 04:10:28 AM

Before participating in a bounty program, it is very important to know about the project hosting the bounty program. This can only be done through the performance of thorough research on the project in order to know the authenticity and potentials of the project. Knowing these will then grant a certain level of confidence and assurance of the success of the bounty program.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                          
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Hamzaal24

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:13:12 AM

Project with good product most likely be able to achieve its goals, I think once should go for them. Before starting any bounty campaign visit trusted sites, you will find good bounty analysis. As there are so many scam bounty campaigns available now a day so it better to be on a safe side.
Aldrinx00

Activity: 882
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:35:50 AM

I think the problems about the bounty campaign nowadays is about the allocation of rewards as well as the time of distribution and if it's vesting or not. Bounty campaigns often change the allocation and timeline of distribution, there's no certainty that the bounty hunters will have a good payout and chance to sell it. It doesn't matter how good the project is most hunters lost interest on it because of the above reasons.

pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:51:03 AM

especially is a big prize. yes I think most of the prize hunters or crypto users have a goal to get a profit in this market, including following a signature campaign or in the form of investment. but on the other hand insight is also one of the important factors when being in this forum so that it can adapt better and at least be able to avoid the wrong hole.

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 05:56:31 AM

As a hunter, we always wanted to promote a legit project and that is the number one concern for most hunters. Also, this includes a good working product and a superb team that working on it. I like projects that heavily focus on product and services, not just a project that focus on its token sale activity. Yes this is also an important factor but you can sense if the team only focusing on their sales and trading priority of the token their launching. Use cases is a must and must be shown to the public so we can assert some points on how the stance of the project will be.
Good point, before participating or supporting anything you must be more aware of things that will bring the project to be more successful. Having those usages allows investors to jumped in and bring big support from the project, bounty hunters should be aware of possibilities and make it more comfortable to work with projects that will bring a good outcome.
joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 06:01:15 AM

Thanks!
I don't bother myself with high reward bounties because they will never achieve that price on bounty allocation, good bounties always have very low bounty allocation like 50k or 70k, veil project was an example, these projects know that the coins they are giving out have better value thats why they arent giving out 200k to 500k worth of coin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: