Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:19:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: America's First Bitcoin Gun Store  (Read 3619 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:55:20 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2014, 05:12:22 PM by Wilikon

Beautiful video  Wink

http://youtu.be/TZ0XcvHgpTc

EDIT: The store in question:

http://centraltexasgunworks.com/

http://centraltexasgunworks.com/latest-news/bitcoin
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:13:49 PM

"This isnt about you clearing a building as a one man army Haha!  This is about your personal protection, and the protection of your family"

Right ...

That's why they have semi automatic assault rifles that can fire 60 rounds per minute.

Because as we all know, a minimum of 60 bullets sprayed all over the room is necessary to stop a burglar.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:20:46 PM

"This isnt about you clearing a building as a one man army Haha!  This is about your personal protection, and the protection of your family"

Right ...

That's why they have semi automatic assault rifles that can fire 60 rounds per minute.

Because as we all know, a minimum of 60 bullets sprayed all over the room is necessary to stop a burglar.

-B-
If the dollar did ever collapse, there would be absolute chaos.  I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a major town or city, put it that way.  An automatic assault rifle really wouldn't be a bad idea for someone living in LA. Smiley
Four-Rings-Workshop

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 11:24:16 PM

Right ...

-B-
Well, in the state of CA where I am, the state says I can only legally buy 10 round mags yet criminals have easy access to 100 roung mags.

Who the the F are you, or anyone else to tell me to be at a disadvantage, because I follow the laws?

Go ahead and wait to die while calling 911, I will defend my family.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 11:52:20 PM

Right ...

-B-

Stop feigning idiocy.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:56:47 PM

Right ...

-B-
I prefer a select fire assault rifle that can let loose 18 rounds per second. If it is good enough for the SWAT teams, it is good enough for me.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 12:04:30 AM

Beautiful video  Wink

Very cool Smiley I do not like guns but  I love support for BTC

BTC
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 01:31:46 AM

Right ...

-B-

How many bullets does a criminal need, legally, when attacking your family? 5? 10?
chuckscap

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:19:31 AM

Beautiful video  Wink

+1    Gotta love it.   When the zombies come you'll wish you were armed, we are!

Regards,

Chuck
devt

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:02:38 AM

.50 cal sniper, in case the burglars come in an apc.
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:11:08 AM

Right ...

-B-

Well if shit ever hits the fan, which I believe it will sooner than later, you are going to need the firepower. Also, criminals don't care about the law, so whats to say he doesn't have a lot more ammo than you do, or perhaps there is more than one.  Criminals are arming themselves to the max while law abiding citizens are supposed to have access to very little comparatively.  This is especially true in Canada.

FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:30:16 AM

Multiple permit-ignoring heavily-armed criminals stand no chance against a properly held pistol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72RqpItxd8M

Breaking6745

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:09:08 AM

It is very cool, but I hope there will be no criminals connected with btc and guns after it
IamCANADIAN013

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:14:24 AM

It is very cool, but I hope there will be no criminals connected with btc and guns after it

Never going to happen.  Just like everything that is considered currency. The criminal element will always be tied to it.
DiamondDust

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:06:07 AM

Beautiful video  Wink

+1    Gotta love it.   When the zombies come you'll wish you were armed, we are!

Heh yee prepare for zombie waves Smiley All collect bitcoin, will be vary useful.
Reg.
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:55:35 AM

This is awesome.  Hopefully this is a trend, because if I could use bitcoins to buy guns, ammo, and accessories I'd actually be able to spend them on something other than more bit coin related items. 
Anyone have a link for this guys online store?  I cannot see if he has one and would like to see his prices.

Right ...

-B-

Instead of commenting on how this is good for the community you post absurd statements trying to impose your irrational beliefs on everyone.  Next time I hear about the home defense case where some person randomly fired 60 bullets around his home, I will let you know.

Well we know who you are:     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 01:29:43 PM

That is great. It is a good incentive for other shops if sales grow because of the adoption of Bitcoin.

Off topic:

Devil's advocate:
Are guns really necessary? A lot of countries (mostly European ones) have much stricter rules on fire arms, and are doing just fine.
Or have even better statistics on criminal, drugs, and accidents related incidents.
Does the USA have such fundamental differences with other countries?

Z1#

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:08:50 PM

Whether or not you think people should have guns, you need to read up on the LA riots or Katrina Hurricane when the Government was not there to help and protect the people. What ever you do you will need a plan, because you will be completely on your own. And it will not make any difference if you beg for help, or demand help, nobody is coming to take care of you.   
sssubito

Activity: 35

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

Switch off your irony detectors for a few seconds, it might break otherwise.

My first thought was: Wow, that's something the world has been waiting for!

You can safely turn back on your various detectors. Smiley
I am an European citizen and live in a country where I'm glad that access to guns is far more restricted and regulated than in America. It's my personal opinion and I don't agree with American culture to allow relatively easy access to guns for virtually everyone. I don't blame you for this. It just feels scary for me.

Sure, we have crime and people get shot here, too. I don't know exactly if more or less, it surely depends where you live, both in Europe or America.

But here in my capital town I feel more safe to know that if someone's freaking out, he doesn't need to just open the drawer an pull out some guns and automatic stuff. Some people and criminals have weapons, fortunately they are scarce here and I'm happy with that.

I probably am exaggerating things a bit, so take it with a grain of salt...

Peace!

But still interesting that his selling did grow because of Bitcoin and he had chosen to add it to his online shop. Unfortunately this interesting topic was not much elaborated further...
snoodles

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 02:32:38 PM

"This isnt about you clearing a building as a one man army Haha!  This is about your personal protection, and the protection of your family"

Right ...

-B-

So everything that's unnecessary should be illegal? Who gets to decide what's unnecessary? Thankfully I live in a country where the population doesn't think that criminals should have better access to weapons than law-abiding citizens.

That is great. It is a good incentive for other shops if sales grow because of the adoption of Bitcoin.

Off topic:

Devil's advocate:
Are guns really necessary? A lot of countries (mostly European ones) have much stricter rules on fire arms, and are doing just fine.
Or have even better statistics on criminal, drugs, and accidents related incidents.
Does the USA have such fundamental differences with other countries?

To answer your last question, yes. The right to gun ownership in the states is based on principle, not utilitarianism, pragmatism, or statistics. It's not about how many people get shot or whether certain gun types are "necessary", it's about your fundamental, inherent right to defend yourself, your community, and your country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: